DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Pdawg Injury Report - 11/19/20 03:47 AM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 11/19/20 04:02 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 11/19/20 09:59 AM
Haha thats funny. Every player and coach should send something to Myles
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 11/19/20 11:41 AM
Clearly, Baker doesn't care. If he did, he would also send a toy dinosaur.

#notmyqb

#sarcasm
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 11/19/20 12:59 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Clearly, Baker doesn't care. If he did, he would also send a toy dinosaur.

#notmyqb

#sarcasm

LMAO! And the post of the week goes to! Lol. Well done champion!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 11/19/20 07:33 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 11/19/20 08:20 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 11/19/20 10:49 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 04:43 AM
Hopefully, Teller is good to go, still.

I'm guessing that at this point, he will just be week-to-week with that calf/Achilles. It definitely won't heal during the season, so we just have to hope each week it doesn't flare up or get aggravated.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 02:50 PM
With Garrett out, I'd just like to say that I hate everything.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 02:52 PM
Sadness. Just sadness.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 03:02 PM
They probably took the past few days to triple/quadruple test Garrett to put him on the list.

BTW, I'm assuming he's on the list with a positive test, and not just contact-tracing.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 03:08 PM
He tested positive.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 03:13 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Figures the one year it looks like we can make a playoff push not only does this happen but every damn team in the AFC decides to be good
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 04:00 PM
nvm
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 06:08 PM
Man did NOT need to hear this today frown
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 06:20 PM
Originally Posted By: slick

Figures the one year it looks like we can make a playoff push not only does this happen but every damn team in the AFC decides to be good

Yup, classic Browns.

At least this year I remembered to not get excited. Any success we have I'll enjoy, but not get worked up if it all hits the fan.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 09:17 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 11:58 PM
Looks like no Garrett, Teller and Wilson.

Goodbye playoff fantasy.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 11/20/20 11:59 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Looks like no Garrett, Teller and Wilson.

Goodbye playoff fantasy.

Teller will play. Wilson is probably as well.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 11/21/20 05:02 AM
The fact that teller is questionable worries me. He must have tweaked that calf injury
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 11/21/20 02:51 PM
The fact that teller is questionable worries me. He must have tweaked that calf injury

He was questionable last week too. He’s probably going to be questionable the rest of the season.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Injury Report - 11/21/20 05:14 PM

For some reason I knew something would happen to crush our optimism. Losing to LV was the first shoe to drop. That loss keeps us on the outside looking in. Now with Garrett out, things look bleak for the defense. This team can't afford to lose a single game, or the playoffs are history. The curse is real, and in full effect. This year will be like the last time we had ten wins , only to have Indy tank the last game and knock us out. Some things never change.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Injury Report - 11/21/20 06:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

For some reason I knew something would happen to crush our optimism. Losing to LV was the first shoe to drop. That loss keeps us on the outside looking in. Now with Garrett out, things look bleak for the defense. This team can't afford to lose a single game, or the playoffs are history. The curse is real, and in full effect. This year will be like the last time we had ten wins , only to have Indy tank the last game and knock us out. Some things never change.

I agree with most everything you said, but I have doubts we'll reach 10. Also, it was the DA interceptions and play calling in the 2007 December Cincy game (end of the first half) that sealed our playoff hopes that year (imo).
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 11/21/20 07:16 PM
Browns Make Roster Moves Prior to Sunday’s Affair with the Eagles
https://www.neosportsinsiders.com/browns-make-roster-moves-prior-to-sundays-affair-with-the-eagles/

With their showdown less than 24 hours away the Browns made a couple of roster moves to get ready for the contest.

The team activated from their Reserve/COVID-19 list tackle Jack Conklin and kicker Cody Parkey.

The club elevated three players from their practice squad – guard Michael Dunn, defensive end Cameron Malveaux and fullback Johnny Stanton.

The team had placed both Conklin and Parkey on the reserve/COVID-19 back on November 18th, and the NFL states once on the list, players must stay on it for at least three days.

Dunn is 6-5, 315-pounds and is officially in his first NFL season out of Maryland. Originally signed by the Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2017, Dunn has spent time on the Rams (2017) and Jaguars (2018) practice squads.

He spent the first nine weeks this season on the Browns’ practice squad and was elevated last week and made his NFL debut. He was also member of the Birmingham Iron (AAF) in 2019 and Seattle Dragons (XFL) in 2020. He is a native of Bethesda, Md. and will wear No. 68.

Malveaux stands 6-6, 265 pounds and in his third NFL season out of Houston. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Miami in 2017 has appeared in 13 games from 2017-18 between the Dolphins (nine) and the Cardinals (four).

The Hamshire, Texas native has registered 15 tackles, two sacks and one pass defensed in his career. He has spent the past five weeks on the Browns’ practice squad. Malveaux will wear No. 69.

Stanton is 6-2, 240 pounds and in his second NFL season out of UNLV. Originally signed by the Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2018, missed his rookie season with an injury.

He spent time on the Vikings’ practice squad in 2019 and spent all of 2020 on the Browns’ practice squad. Stanton is a native of Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif. and will wear No. 43.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 11/21/20 07:23 PM
I hope the promotion of Dunn doesn’t mean Teller is out
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Injury Report - 11/21/20 08:18 PM
I think it has more to do with Hubbard
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 11/22/20 12:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
I think it has more to do with Hubbard
hopefully
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injury Report - 11/22/20 05:17 AM
Did Greedy pass away or something?
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injury Report - 11/22/20 02:02 PM
Do we have to put Dunn on the 53 now? I think the COVID, practice squad, call-up requires such after a second call up.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injury Report - 11/22/20 03:39 PM
New roster/Practice Squad rules for this year.

Inside new NFL roster rules for 2020 - Expanded rosters, practice squad and injured reserve
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2982...injured-reserve
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injury Report - 11/22/20 04:25 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
New roster/Practice Squad rules for this year.

Inside new NFL roster rules for 2020 - Expanded rosters, practice squad and injured reserve
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2982...injured-reserve

From the article:

Expanded Rosters

"No player may be activated under this rule for more than two games per season, either regular-season or postseason games. If a player has already been elevated twice under this rule, and the team wants to add him to the roster, it must terminate his practice-squad contract and sign him to an NFL contract, as has been the case with practice-squad players in years past."

Then this...which I don't think applies because we found out before the deadline date/time:

"COVID-19 rule: If a team learns after 4 p.m. ET on the day before a game that a player has to be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list, either because of a positive diagnosis or need for preventative quarantine, that team may elevate a player from its practice squad to replace that player at any time up to 90 minutes before scheduled kickoff. Any elevation under this rule would not count as one of the two elevations we referenced at the end of our "expanded rosters" section above."

So...if we want Dunn again for a game, he has to be signed to the 53...as he will have been 'up' for two games after today. I think that is an odd rule given the flexibility in the other 'new' rules.

Edited to say thanks to YTown for posting that article
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injury Report - 11/22/20 04:37 PM
Dumb to me. If that promoted player was clearly better, then probably should have been on the 53 originally. If promoted 53 to be able to play the contest, then why the limit of twice? If needful, then do it as often as necessary. The team promoting up has already "lost" a better player, so I do not see them having an advantage, or much of one. The limits for competition seem arbitrary and the limiting serves no clear purpose unless hooked to other conditions, like IR status or injury settlement. If this becomes too complex convoluted to be functionally workable, bypass it and add a few more slots for emergency conditions, like roster from 53 to 55. Just seems to evade its obvious intended purpose.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 11/22/20 05:47 PM
Good to see that Phillips and Teller are playing
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 03:13 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 03:14 PM
That doesn’t sound good at all.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 03:22 PM
My goodness. Reading Denzel's somber post reads like his leg is getting amputated.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 03:54 PM
Gosh darnit
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
My goodness. Reading Denzel's somber post reads like his leg is getting amputated.

A calf injury is much better than what he made it sound like. I thought he blew out his knee or something.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 04:39 PM
Bummer...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 04:39 PM

Denzel Ward to be sidelined "a few weeks” with a calf strain. Huge blow to the #Browns defense
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 04:43 PM

Officially official when MKC Confirms she read same tweet...
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 04:47 PM

That totally sucks.

Ward has playing lights out.

The Jags we can get by. After that we need all hands on deck.

We can not assume a thing right now.

Hopefully he can come back sooner than expected.

Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 04:48 PM
Huge blow for that secondary....Denzel was playing some superb ball back there. Sadly it's time for Kevin Johnson to step up, and arghh MJ Stewart and Tavierre Thomas...as I'm sure Greedy won't be back anytime soon.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 04:48 PM
Come ON, man . . . Even our greatest strength in the secondary is super injury prone.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 05:45 PM
Chance to beat dead horse ( stop ) Must act on it ( stop ) .

When you draft slight of built College DB's for NFL play , you are in trouble..

Ward, Greedy Delpit ;;;

Side note , I love Wards play in College and in the NFL .. Just knew not to expect 16 games out of him..
Posted By: Jester Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 05:56 PM
Our 3 biggest assets on defense will be missing this week:

Myles Garrett
Denzel Ward
Bad Weather
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 06:03 PM
... but it's Jacksonville.
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 06:13 PM
Do we know exactly when he got hurt? Must have been on that last drive?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 07:40 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
... but it's Jacksonville.

Who, with the exception of Pittsburgh, has given all of the recent opponents a very solid fight. It is precisely a Trap Game for us.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 08:06 PM
I'm scared like hell for this game. Schobert I'm sure will want to show up as well.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 08:37 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Officially official when MKC Confirms she read same tweet...

Called it. Its like the universe itself refuses to let the browns make the playoffs lol. In any case chances of beating the ravens and titans just dropped, unless we can get back to scoring over 30 points a game.
Posted By: myka Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 09:04 PM

Called it. Its like the universe itself refuses to let the browns make the playoffs lol. In any case chances of beating the ravens and titans just dropped, unless we can get back to scoring over 30 points a game.

haha was gonna post almost the same thing.

The timing of it is so Browns.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 11/24/20 09:31 PM
Originally Posted By: myka

haha was gonna post almost the same thing.

The timing of it is so Browns.

Honestly I'll be surprised if we can sneak past the jags missing our best two defensive players. After that though we are screwed because we the titans and ravens in a row. Even with ward those two games are tough, but now? We desperately need to beat the jags
© DawgTalkers.net