DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Post Game - 11/22/20 09:16 PM
cut sendejo.

we are 7-3!!! i don't care how bad our offense looked in the 1st half. its yet another cold, raining november football game in cleveland.

our running game really picked up due to the GREAT defensive effort today!. Vernon had 3 sacks plus a safety! overall, we sacked Wentz 5 times and over 10 hits!!

our secondary really played good football, even though harrison got injured early.

WARD had the game sealing interception, with mitchell and Wilson all had chances at picks, but they played good coverage overall.

and Takitaki finally had a big game with a pick 6!!

Chubb and hunt took over the game in the 4th quarter, and baker played complimentary football by keeping drives alive.

we left about 10 points on the board due to not converting at the Goal line, as well as a FG blocked.

but this was another defensive slobber knocker where whoever made the fewest mistakes was coming away with the W. and that was our browns!!!

we are 7-3!! man that feels great to say out loud!!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:17 PM
Second place.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:18 PM
Titans just beat the Ravens...Not a bad weekend
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:19 PM
Vernon 3 Sacks

Ward Big INT late

Taki Taki Pick 6

DEFENSE WAS GREAT TODAY

CHUBB/HUNT

7-3 BABY
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:20 PM
Our D played a lot better than I thought they would. Good game, happy we won. thumbsup
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:20 PM
all we need is the chiefs to beat the raiders tonight and we're in the driver's seat for the WC!!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Our D played a lot better than I thought they would. Good game, happy we won. thumbsup

Our D has only given up 40 Points in the last three games 13.3 PPG
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:22 PM
Go Chiefs!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:22 PM
7 wins is almost double what I expected ... and we still have a long season remaining.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:23 PM
Takitaki scorey scorey
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:25 PM
Throw Long not being able to say anything negative until we lose is a win. LOL
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:26 PM

Kinda have that warm glow feeling.

"There is a gleam men"

7-3 is all I got to say right now. Time to digest later.

Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:26 PM
Mr. Chubb got his 100 yards
Receivers were well spaced:
Hodge -73
Higgins -65
Hooper - 33
Landry - 23
Hunt -10
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:27 PM
Hunts 5 yard leap was special!
Posted By: bluecollarball Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:29 PM
Post of the day goes to Throw Long in the second gameday thread on page 3:

Quote:
BROWNS CAN NOT WIN THIS GAME!

I GUARANTEE IT!

At 7-3 we are what our record says we are despite the flaws. That's a great feeling considering where we were last year and in years past. There is always a lot of negativity week to week and I don't discount the reasons for it nor do I take issue that posters point it out. (See my posts on Sendejo [he still has to go]). I am taking a step back and enjoying the win and I see that this is a team putting itself in playoff contention. This is a good feeling to have as a lifelong Browns fan. For once.

Chubb is a beast, and our defensive line stepped up in Garrett's absence and played like champs!
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:30 PM
We won we're 7-3 that's all that matters. I remember when Wentz was drafted one of our FO people at the time said something about us not wanting to draft him because he wasn't, in his eyes, a franchise QB. Looks like he may have been right.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Throw Long not being able to say anything negative until we lose is a win. LOL

It's unclear whether THROW LONG knows what he is saying at any given time.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:33 PM
Much needed win. Now we must keep the momentum going. Teams that peak late in the season have a good chance at success in the playoffs.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:35 PM
7-3

BEST PART ABOUT BEING 7-3 nanner

is the Chance to go 8-3! thumbsup

Baker Mayfield,

For the 4th time this year, rofl became the winningest quarterback in Cleveland Browns Stadium history,
the previous holder was Ben Ropudgesburger

and with that effort, the Browns get a win,

WITH THAT IMPERFECT, RAG DOLLED DEFENSIVLY THE WHOLE FIRST HALF EFFORT,

MAN<, Imagine how many yearsss.. Hue Jackson, needing a perfect performance by all 29 players who see the field, would have needed to get a win, when the team played

Well they played pretty bad all the way around, to a unit, except for the turnovers, a couple of Rbs, and maybe Ward and one other Db.

and the D- line

Gameball to the D-line, One unit that came to play today, cept vs the run in the first two drive.
Kudos D line,
Kudos, Hunt and Chubb.

Hunt, I think you got in on 3rd down, maybe not 4th down, that first half drive.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:35 PM
This was a very important game. We had to have it to really stay in the playoff chase. Losing this game at home with 4 of our last 6 on the road would make it really tough especially with our 2 remaining home games against 2 teams we can't beat.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:36 PM
The Oline played well against a strong Philly Dline. The longer these guys play together the better they will get.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:36 PM
Cut SendejO??????

Do you know whose behind him???

bleak
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Cut SendejO??????

bleak

What number is Bleak?

I don't see him on PFF.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:39 PM
Eagles front was tough to get yards on but we kept grinding, then Chubb with the big one - beauty stiff arm!! - and Hunt took it in thereafter.

Baker made a few good throws, timely tosses that gained us first downs at key situations. He missed a couple easy ones, though. Wasn’t great but did enough to win. Again.

Vernon obviously had a great day, Denzel was lights out even before the pick... Philly’s O-line is terrible and they need a receiver.
Dodge has a few good catches, same with Higgins.

We’re 7-3, first time since 1994, and we’re ahead of the Ravens, stacking wins... now we gotta be road dawgs.... gonna be a fun December for a change.

Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:39 PM
Seems part of Garrett's success is the rest of the line doing there job. Also Garrett gets to have the most fun and gets noticed most. And he is a beast.

Ward had a great game. The PI was BS so glad he followed it with an INT

Thank you Titans!
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:40 PM
Last time the Browns started 7-3, My Brother was born. 1989.

If they win next week they'll match the 94 season to go 8-3 to start the season.

There's still a lot of season left.

Stefanski is totally the right fit. Every game feels like they want to be there and want to play all 4 quarters.

Very opportunistic defense. This season has been fun to watch IMO.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:43 PM
I realize how things get over-dramatic on a game thread, but I read disconcerting things about Wills today (didn't get the tv stream). Any comments about him that YOU saw?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:43 PM
I love Nick Chubb.
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:43 PM
Ditto your sentiments on Sendejo. Who did he think was going to pick up the receiver on that last touchdown after he let him go in the endzone?

When Garrett was put on the Covid list the call went out for "next man up" and Olivier Vernon answered it. Great game - he plays with tremendous leverage against OTs who are much larger than him.

I know "game manager" is a pejorative to some people when describing a QB, but its not to me. I thought Mayfield was exactly that today, and its one of the reasons we won, IMO.

A team's running game is a game of attrition. You might run the ball 20-25 times and only average 2-3 yards per carry, but it takes a toll on defenses over the length of the game that usually pays off in the 4th quarter. When defenses are gassed you start seeing chunk plays.

Going forward ... the Browns simply must figure out a way to cover Tight Ends. Our Safeties and LBs need to improve at this.

7-3 is a good place to be.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:44 PM
Can't say enough about the D.

They were falling everywhere.

I still think the best player on D is....

The Rain.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:44 PM
Remember when Baker missed two easy TD throws?

Me either.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:46 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Cut SendejO??????

bleak

What number is Bleak?

I don't see him on PFF.

Ronnie Harrison jr. injured
Someone named Moffatt, played college ball at Middle Tennessee st.

Practice squad, Elijah Benton, college ball, "Liberty" < ya that football powerhouse

Sheldrick Redwine, (who, not playing, really says a lot)

Karl Joseph who played next to him, when Harrison went out,

or, Move Mitchell and bring in a corner,
or, Sign someone off the street,
or, Wait on Delpit, first year player, whos facing charges or allegations.

So, it's Sendejo, Mofatt, or Benton,

or , Blame Berry and Depodesta, I do!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:47 PM
What about Bleak though?
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:47 PM
7-3

BEST PART ABOUT BEING 7-3 nanner

is the Chance to go 8-3! thumbsup

Baker Mayfield,

For the 4th time this year, rofl became the winningest quarterback in Cleveland Browns Stadium history,
the previous holder was Ben Ropudgesburger

and with that effort, the Browns get a win,

WITH THAT IMPERFECT, RAG DOLLED DEFENSIVLY THE WHOLE FIRST HALF EFFORT,

MAN<, Imagine how many yearsss.. Hue Jackson, needing a perfect performance by all 29 players who see the field, would have needed to get a win, when the team played

Well they played pretty bad all the way around, to a unit, except for the turnovers, a couple of Rbs, and maybe Ward and one other Db.

and the D- line

Gameball to the D-line, One unit that came to play today, cept vs the run in the first two drive.
Kudos D line,
Kudos, Hunt and Chubb.

Hunt, I think you got in on 3rd down, maybe not 4th down, that first half drive.

You need to go back and read your posts in the game day thread and contemplate your hypocrisy....
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:48 PM
Just wanted to say ......

Right now we're the #5 seed in the AFC, and would face the Bills in the playoffs. The Ravens would be out, as of today. laugh
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:50 PM
I’m close to the borderline with TL... might be the second poster I put on ignore. Just too just wasted time.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:51 PM
Hunt and Chubb played today. Both!
say this out loud

ONE HALF!!! OF ALL GAMES, SINCE THEY JOINED THE TEAM, either Chubb or Hunt, one of them, was out.

And when they are not, the team leans heavily on the DUO,

So, it would behoove a thinking team to have a better option at #3 than the two Hilliard, and Johnson, when next year comes around.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 09:53 PM
Remember when Baker missed two easy TD throws?

Me either.

I do.

Can't miss those.

Guys who miss those throws don't last in the league very long, and I don't want to start over at QB. I want to see Baker get it. It's frustrating watching the inconsistency every week and within the game. I've never seen any QB convert 3rd and long at the rate he does but can't convert 3rd and 5 or shorter to save my life. One of the oddest things I've seen in 35+ years of watching football.

2018 Baker > 2019 Baker > 2020 Baker. That's not a good sign.

I want Baker to be the guy. I'd like to see some progression before next season. And I want him to save Berry and Stefanski from themselves. It's going to be tempting for them to want their guy. They may force it. I think the light is going to come on for Baker. But it gets harder to know when/if that is going to happen when he continues to be pedestrian and inconsistent every week.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:00 PM
A lot of ups and downs. Probably just battered fan syndrome.

Baker good and bad. Good: Threw some nice passes. Love his enthusiasm. There is no quit. Saw him scanning the field. (Huge.) Saw him climb the pocket and make a couple nice throw-aways. These things tell me he's learning and growing as a QB. Bad: Made a couple bad throws. Doesn't know how to throw the ball with touch. This is something he must learn.

Taki-Taki is coming along. Mack stuck his nose in there a couple times.

Ward is great.

Chubb and Hunt are amazing. So much fun to have them on our team. They are true game-changers. And, bonus, they can fly as well as run. So there's that.

Our D-line played really well today without Myles. Kudos for stepping up. Vernon had a game. Nice to see. Seems like he may be growing into the team/scheme. Richardson, Ogunjobi, Gusten all flashed. It must be mentioned, however, their O-line is patchwork.

I thought our secondary held up well. Or maybe the Eagles are just really bad. Sorry to see Harrison go down. I really like Mitchell. I'm not going to trash Sendejo, there's plenty of that to go around, but that was one stupid penalty.

We're 7-3. I see us going maybe 3-3 here out. I'm good with that, even if we don't make the playoffs.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:07 PM
- Vernon had his best game as a Brown
- Ward played extremely well
- Our OL struggled much of the day, but we wore them down in the end
- Hodge had a pleasant game
- Chubb had a few runs that were out of this world .. and so did Hunt
- Eagles appear to be very bad ... and Wentz is very bad too
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I realize how things get over-dramatic on a game thread, but I read disconcerting things about Wills today (didn't get the tv stream). Any comments about him that YOU saw?

I think wills played as well as all the other O linemen on both teams, which means to say they were all terrible, overall.

Both defenses were playing some inspired football, but our o line got it together in the 4th quarter.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:10 PM
Chubb and Hunt are the best RB combo in the league period!

7-3 sounds really good.
Posted By: slick Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:11 PM
I think we should all thank the eagles coach for somehow losing his brain at halftime. They had over one hundred yards rushing in the first half. Come the third quarter they completely abandoned their run game.

It was good to see stefanski realize that stretch running against a defense with that kind of speed was not going to work. In the second half we started running the ball right at them and started having more and more success.

Our overrated run defense worries me alot.

I like Harrison alot but he just cant stay healthy.

Speaking of not healthy did the Phillips kid even play? Dont remember seeing him out there.

Sheldon Richardson HAS to stay healthy, he has been our second best defensive lineman behind garret.

Let's hope this upcoming week does not follow suit with the last two weeks and we have no positive covid tests
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:15 PM
I didn’t watch the game. Who is this mythical Bleak guy? Will he be a future Hall of Famer?
Posted By: myka Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:17 PM
1-0 this week.

D stepped up.

Ward is a Pro Bowler.

I'm happy.
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:20 PM
Special shout outs to Nick Chubb for his Derrick-Henry-worthy straight arm / right cross to the D-lineman on his long run, to Mack Wilson for de-cleating Goedert after the big TE tried to trample Ward, and to Kareem Hunt for his end zone leap.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:20 PM
We were right on the goal line side where Hunt did the hurdle. It was a beautiful thing.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
We were right on the goal line side where Hunt did the hurdle. It was a beautiful thing.
that was an awesome play
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Special shout outs to Nick Chubb for his Derrick-Henry-worthy straight arm / right cross to the D-lineman on his long run, to Mack Wilson for de-cleating Goedert after the big TE tried to trample Ward, and to Kareem Hunt for his end zone leap.

I think that's my favorite play of the year so far.
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:24 PM
Being at the game quite often doesn’t give you an ability to really comment on the game because there’s so much you don’t see.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:24 PM
Our STs are night and day from last season. We’re not giving up big returns, our kicker is nailing them. Had one blocked today but that was a great play by their guy.

Sendejo gets criticized a lot. - usually with good reason - but he made a couple of solid open-field tackles to limit yardage. I hope Harrison is ok.
Posted By: BarkinMad Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:25 PM
Well, this was a game of half ass team vs half ass team, we were the better half ass team, we should have been better by, at least, another TD, we are a better team than Philly, currently. A good win, all wins are good but I just think 7-3 seems like an illusion to me.

We have Chubb/Hunt and Garrett/Ward (I know, Garrett did not play today and may not play next week?), but those guys can't do everything, we need to get them help, I'd say on D and ST more than offense. I am happy the Rats lost, pputs us in 2nd place, for now. I'm not trying to trash the team, just speaking my honest opinion. We have talent but I think we still need a bit more work to be a real threat for the Super Bowl.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:26 PM
Originally Posted By: BarkinMad
Well, this was a game of half ass team vs half ass team, we were the better half ass team, we should have been better by, at least, another TD, we are a better team than Philly, currently. A good win, all wins are good but I just think 7-3 seems like an illusion to me.

We have Chubb/Hunt and Garrett/Ward (I know, Garrett did not play today and may not play next week?), but those guys can't do everything, we need to get them help, I'd say on D and ST more than offense. I am happy the Rats lost, pputs us in 2nd place, for now. I'm not trying to trash the team, just speaking my honest opinion. We have talent but I think we still need a bit more work to be a real threat for the Super Bowl.

Wow talk about negative ... ENJOY it man sheeeeeesh
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:29 PM
Listened on a.m. radio, while reading the game day chat, and checking they play by play on yahoo sports. I don't want to name names, but someone sent me a link to watch the game. Since I was on my office computer, I decided to not use that link.........paranoid about viruses.

So, did anyone else scream "Takitaki TD"......and have their spouse accused them of speaking in tongues? Or was it just me?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:32 PM
Originally Posted By: bluecollarball
Post of the day goes to Throw Long in the second gameday thread on page 3:

Quote:
BROWNS CAN NOT WIN THIS GAME!

I GUARANTEE IT!

My device crashed 30 m ago,

Ya the Browns were playing bad today, most units, i'll stand by that statement.
Prove me wrong in that quote, I don't care, I'm too busy smiling. nanner 7-3

a lot of things to clean up.
Going to have to have a PASSING GAME in ordre to continue success.

I mean, Years like this, don't come along every year, it's super important to figure out how to play good football.

Am I the only one, who, Every time they Hit Wentz all day, I said,
OH Lord stay healthy Wentz,
because if he goes out, the bad guys might wise up enough to learn just how bad Wentz was to leave in there.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:37 PM
I can’t believe how bad Carson Wentz is. He has no protection but he also makes horrible decisions. What was that pass to Jeffery on the Ward INT?
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:41 PM
Yea he was bad. I didn’t really see anything impressive from him at all.

I’m wondering how hard Dan Orlovsky is gonna defend him tomorrow morning.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:49 PM
Coming out party for Vernon 3 Sacks, hope he plays like that when Myles returns smile
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Coming out party for Vernon 3 Sacks, hope he plays like that when Myles returns smile

if he ends up with 9-10 on the year, we are doing very well
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 10:57 PM

To everybody please enjoy the moment.

I am not going to look it up. But 7-3 feels like many moons away.

Hell just to be above 500 ball is like pixie dust.

Have no idea about the future. 1-0. Is the right approach.
=========================================================

Today was tip your hat day to the defense minus Myles. Vernon and others played large. We won the turnover game.

I will savor the Chubb stiff arm for a long time.
"get away from me" ugh.

Baker did enough. Nothing pretty for sure. He left some easy td's out there. He fumbled. He did make some key throws. But the most important stat is victory.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:03 PM
Just you, Arch. Honestly, your spouse never accused me.

Probably should have. I think it is the only memorable thing he has done. My memory is so-so with help, but I was proud to watch him bringing home the pigskin! I wouldn't want to be Went in this game and certainly not on Monday morning. Good job, D!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:06 PM
I agree ... during the days of 0-16 or 2-14 and the like we dreamed of these days
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:08 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I told my wife after the game "This is the best record we've had after 10 games since before we were married."

She didn't believe me and started in on her phone when it popped up on the tv "Best record after 10 games since 1994." I said "Hey, just look at the tv, and don't doubt me on browns facts."
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I agree ... during the days of 0-16 or 2-14 and the like we dreamed of these days

I never thought back then we would have one of the best running games in the NFL a few years later.

It doesn't feel real does it?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:17 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Wow talk about negative ... ENJOY it man sheeeeeesh

I'm glad to see Barkinmad back posting again, I don't read everything but personally I feel it's 11 years or more since I read one of their posts.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:18 PM
I can’t believe how bad Carson Wentz is. He has no protection but he also makes horrible decisions. What was that pass to Jeffery on the Ward INT?

His inability to process really helped the D today.

What happened to him?
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:22 PM
Quote:
I'm glad to see Barkinmad back posting again, I don't read everything but personally I feel it's 11 years or more since I read one of their posts.

BarkinMad had 9 posts in the Gameday thread today, before the one in this thread. Come on, man.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I said "Hey, just look at the tv, and don't doubt me on browns facts."

ahahaha rofl wink
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:34 PM
Quote:

BarkinMad had 9 posts in the Gameday thread today, before the one in this thread. Come on, man.

I can't see gameday thread, man, by the time I post, a whole page gets loaded, cmon man, medium speed internet, it's not road runner, more like Wile E' and the birdseed.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:37 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
I think we should all thank the eagles coach for somehow losing his brain at halftime. They had over one hundred yards rushing in the first half. Come the third quarter they completely abandoned their run game.

Agreed.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:44 PM

I told my wife after the game "This is the best record we've had after 10 games since before we were married."

She didn't believe me and started in on her phone when it popped up on the tv "Best record after 10 games since 1994." I said "Hey, just look at the tv, and don't doubt me on browns facts."

i thought it was 1989
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:51 PM
Stefanski: "There's no such thing as an ugly win. That was a beautiful win."

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Gribble/status/1330624954132553731
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:51 PM

It was an ugly game in ugly conditions. That rain was rough. That has to factor in somewhere.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:52 PM

i thought it was 1989

Research I found was that 1994 the team went 7-2 and then 8-2 and then 8-3.

the 89 team did go 7-3 before tying their next game.

count it however you will
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:54 PM

i thought it was 1989

Guess I'm going by what the tv announcers/fox put on the screen, and my memory. Browns finished 11-5 reg. season in 1994.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:55 PM
Weren't we 7-3 in Pettine's first year?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:55 PM

Until you have coaches tape it is hard to tell.

Lots of problems on the OL. Cant't tell the receivers routes.

It is easy to say he is holding the ball to long. But until you see real tape that shows the routes?

The safety was on him for sure. That is look - throw or throw away.

I have not watched their games. His numbers are terrible. Hard to say if that is the whole story?

He got paid. But he is performing up to pay grade.
Posted By: hitt Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:56 PM
Please help me, I'm very glad we won....BUT, how was Baker's fumble on 5 yd line not a fumble. Did they blow the whistle because forward progress was stopped. The replay I saw, Phil guys held him up and stripped the ball.....what happened?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 11/22/20 11:59 PM
Yep, forward progress.... lucky but let's face it, we are due
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
i think 6-3 and then 7-4
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:01 AM

Not according to this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2014.htm
Posted By: hitt Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:03 AM
Thanks, yes we were LUCKY on that. Head Coach should have learned something there, BM isn't strong enough to run the rock.
Go Browns!!!
Posted By: The Collector Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:07 AM
i think 6-3 and then 7-4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Cleveland_Browns_season
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:07 AM
j/c...

- Another week, another win.

- Great games by Vernon and Ward.

- Clayborn had himself a nice defensive game as well.

- Defense overall stepped up big in Garrett's absence.

- Baker left points on the field, but also made some big throws. Can't miss Hooper in the end zone.

- Stefanski has a couple curious play calls. However, loved seeing him stick with the run even when it wasn't working early. Previous Browns coaches would have abandoned the run.

- Chubb is amazing. It'll be a good day reading the Browns have signed him to a contract extension.

_ Great deep catch by Hollywood.

- Landry has been quiet.

- Browns vs Ravens MNF is going to be a fun one.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:09 AM
Yeah, I remember there was a Thursday night game with Hoyer the Destroyer beating the Bengals, I think.

Neon Deon was screaming "Pay da Man." I am glad we did not.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:09 AM
Landry surely has been quiet. Not sure if it’s the coverage, our scheme, or possibly his injury
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: The Collector
i think 6-3 and then 7-4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Cleveland_Browns_season

Coming off a win in Atlanta and moving to 7-4, Alec Scheiner and Co. force Pettine into starting Manziel the next game. Browns lose 5 in a row. The good old days old dysfunction!
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:19 AM
i think 6-3 and then 7-4

Yes. And then we lost every remaining game. It was the curse of Josh Gordon's return... and Hoyer becoming a turnover machine by constantly trying to get him involved.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:20 AM
Anyone listen to the post game pressers?

MKC is so cringeworthy.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:23 AM

Forgot to mention.

Major props to Kevin Stefanski and his staff.

The team has responded to him and his staff.

Given all the baggage that came this year. No easy task to get this team to play with discipline they have.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:39 AM

MKC is so cringeworthy.

i personally hate her
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:09 AM
Good team win.

Our team is going to learn to be a bad weather team whether they like it or not. And then we will have an extra edge.

Our D really stepped up in the bad weather.
They found ways to get pressure on Wentz without Garrett playing.

The O was very frustrating to me. Eagles clearly had our number and stuffed the run all game. Baker is a huge weapon and they needed to let him throw more. Or, at least get more creative.

Glad to get out of this with the win.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:17 AM

MKC is so cringeworthy.

i personally hate her
I find her more annoying than I used to. She seems clueless and only wanting a headline
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:25 AM

MKC is so cringeworthy.

i personally hate her
I find her more annoying than I used to. She seems clueless and only wanting a headline

Personally, I'm so used to her schtick that I find her ridiculous questions oddly entertaining.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:34 AM
j/c

That was a nice play by TicTak. It only took him 1-1/2 years to show up!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:47 AM
J/c

There’s a good article by Jake Burns about the importance of our PA plays in the game today. Basically, we were 4/4 for 100+ yards on them on 1st down ... that’s incredible because our tendency had been to run so heavily on 1st down
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:56 AM
J/c

There’s a good article by Jake Burns about the importance of our PA plays in the game today. Basically, we were 4/4 for 100+ yards on them on 1st down ... that’s incredible because our tendency had been to run so heavily on 1st down

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...tion-155254138/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:00 AM
Thanks!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:24 AM
j/c...

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:28 AM
Lucky we weren't called for a hold on that play.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

That guy came back and made the tackle.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:31 AM
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 06:16 AM
Originally Posted By: FATE

MKC is so cringeworthy.

i personally hate her

Personally, I'm so used to her schtick that I find her ridiculous questions oddly entertaining.

I think she actually hates it when the Browns when because she can not start a QB or Head Coach controversy.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 06:28 AM
Great win. Defense gets the bulk of the credit for this one.

As long as we can avoid mistakes and play decent defense so we can stick with the run, we have a chance. Chubb and/or Hunt are going to break one eventually.

Mayfield is playing "good enough" but his inconsistency can be frustrating. He is limiting the mistakes, he has 1 sack and 1 INT total in the last 3 games. Avoiding negative plays is big... but as we get to the Titans, Ravens, and Steelers again, he's going to have to make plays.

Not sure what gets into Vernon when Garrett isn't on the field.. maybe Garrett should change his number when he comes back and hope Vernon doesn't recognize him?

What Stefanski and his staff are doing doesn't get a lot of talk by the talking heads but it's impressive. I thought they were good when the season started but they seem to be growing as well as the team.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 07:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
Being at the game quite often doesn’t give you an ability to really comment on the game because there’s so much you don’t see.

#humblebrag

Just teasing you, bro-
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 10:15 AM
I agree about Stefanski. He and his staff have been very sound. I like that we broke some tendencies today. I like that we usually are sound with clock management and discipline. I like that we add a few wrinkles and our offense evolves a bit each week.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 11:56 AM
Y’all need to give joe woods some love as well. Let’s be clear, defense won us this game.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:01 PM
I don't know if it’s the weather, scheme adjustments during the bye, quality of opponents or a combination of things, but at least we look competent on defence.

Denzel is playing like the Pro a Bowler he is.
Posted By: Cincy_Dawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:09 PM
Well now sitting in second place w/ a record of 5W-2UW-3L we're....

WHOOPS!
"There's no such thing as an ugly win," Stefanski said. "That was a beautiful win."

7W-3L we're apparently gelling.

Baker needs to work VERY hard on the Touch Pass... otherwise a nice outing.
Chubb's stiff-arm was a thing of Beauty!
I hate to see RBs leave the ground like that but C/H's vaulting runs....lol!
Vernon showed the 'Old Man' still has some gas in the 'Tank'!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:16 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Lucky we weren't called for a hold on that play.

Whoa! That hold probably sprung Chubb. We're usually on the other side of that play.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:40 PM

Burns has good breakdowns.

Thanks.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:47 PM
Whoooo! Can you say it with me!

5-1 at Home! Can you believe it? ALRIGHT! thumbsup brownie
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:48 PM
- 7-3 is sweet. Now that we have a better record than some of the other wild card contenders, we are in a playoff position. That is a must to make the post season.

- We came out throwing, like we did vs IND. I guess to shake things up as PHI expected the run. Did not look good. First throw was too high, next one (on a free play) should have been a pick. Next one incomplete.

- Bake did make some nice throws, but still misses badly. Poor throw to Bryant in the end zone, but did lead to a questionable DPI call. Missed Hooper by a mile. While Hunt did get stopped short on 4th down, not getting 7 on that drive was on the QB. Another time if he hits the guy in stride (Hodge?) it's 6.

- So, when a guy drops a pass we need to cut/trade him. Run him out of town. But when the QB misses a handful of wide open guys in a game ... that's just something that happens? No big deal, part of the game.

- Vernon stepped up, and then some. Glad to see this kind of game out of him. We survived without Garrett, but I imagine he was watching the game and crying about not being there against that OL.

- Wentz. Bad.

- Ward. Good. Really good. That pick 6 was from hitting the QB as he threw, but the announcers really did not mention that.

- TakiTaki, if one play could cancel out several games of suckage then you would have a clean slate. But it doesn't, so you don't. I'm happy for the 6 points, but that was as easy of a pick-6 as there is.

- Sandejo is still Sandejo. We know he is not out there because of his coverage skills, or tackling, or athleticism. I assumed it was because of awareness, from being a veteran. I mean, what's left. Then I see a completely stupid penalty, with him knocking a receiver off his feet with a blindside shot. What, exactly, was he thinking with that?

- The Scottish Hammer with a nice game. One concern with keeping him was that he had zero experience as a holder, because in college he was the place kicker as well as the punter. I really do not recall any issues with that at all. Props to him.

- Third game in a row where the D limited the points.

- Disappointed in how long it took for the running game to get going. Our OL had more issues that I expected.

- Still unable to just close out a game. No matter who the opponent is.

- Not an easy road ahead, with TEN, BAL and PIT on the schedule.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 12:56 PM

Just to add on Stefanski.

It would have been easy to get frustrated in the run game after the first half. We were bottled up.

Many would think about throwing more in the second half. However, patience paid off. Hunt, Chubb, and the OL wear you down. That is when we start to break the long runs. Look what Chubb did in the second half against the Texans.

The Browns for the first time in a very long time have developed a playing personality. We run the ball. We play action pass. We don't commit penalties. We generate turnovers. That is who we are. We rely on the strengths of the team. We make use of what we have.

KS has created this identity.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:13 PM
I meant to mention Wilson's hit on their player who was pushing Ward downfield towards the end of the game. Nice, clean, shot.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:15 PM
Yeah, we’ve said for years that we seem to have no rhyme or reason to our approach. Last year Freddie would just throw crap against the wall, abandon the run, and alter our approach wildly every game.

Stefanski may not end up being a HOF coach or whatever, but I really admire his organization and thoughtfulness
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:19 PM
I agree. Thus far he is looking like the real deal.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:33 PM
Cut SendejO??????

bleak

You want to cut him every week... Yet you don't even know whos behind him..... That's so special
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:48 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:48 PM

I am a devout one game at a time guy.

With that stated if we end up in the playoffs winning 10 or 11 games.

KS will be a coach of the year candidate.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:55 PM
We all saw the leap and how amazing Hunt looked. Did anyone notice Teller blocked three guys at the goal line to give Hunt a space to get in? WOW for both of them an amazing play I will remember for a long time.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 01:58 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:00 PM

At 7-3, #Browns Kevin Stefanski has the best start to a season by a first-year Browns head coach since Bud Carson (7-3) in 1989.

It's also the first time a first-year Browns head coach has begun 5-1 at home since the inaugural season in 1946 with Paul Brown (5-1).
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:14 PM
Another win against another 'bad' team in more horrendous weather. There is a pattern developing and winning is a beautiful pattern!

Not sure there's much left to be said:

- Great game by the D and well schemed by Joe Woods.
- Best game in a Browns Uni by Vernon.... hope that is a trend. He looked the part of a stud veteran DE yesterday.
- Ward is so good and he does it with lots of little things.
- Let's not forget Gillan's punt that set up the safety... just like he did once before this season already.
- Man I was worried when I saw Ronnie Harrison go down... but Joseph came in and did better than expected.
- Baker missed two TD throws that another time/game would be the difference between a W or a L. He's "got to" make those plays. Other than those misses he had some really big plays and some other inconsistent plays.
- Obviously mad props to Chubb and Hunt. What a luxury to have two phenoms back there carrying the rock. Hunt has really played aggressively the last few games and it's great to watch. Chubb is always a joy to watch whether stiff arming DE's or using his blockers so patiently or seeing his burst leave defenders gasping!

7-3 Feels good - I'm with Stefanski. Ugly wins are simply wins. We've spent two decades losing games that coulda/shoulda been an "ugly win" ... this feels much better.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:14 PM
Chubb is such a easy guy to root for.

His mentality of team and win the damn game is crystal clear.

Then his physicality and skill are just a joy to observe.

He has that bust your lip power and home run threat capability.

Then there is the total love he gets from teammates and coaches.

We are fortunate to have him.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:20 PM
j/c

I apparently/sometimes see a completely different Baker than do others.

The last game Baker played in that was NOT in hurricane winds or a non-stop downpour, Baker threw 22 straight completions to end the game.

Missing easy throws in a downpour? Needing to "find" touch in hurricane winds? It's been warm and dry for me these past three games...for the team and its QB? Not so much.

Yes...he flat out missed the TE in the endzone...it happens...I saw some all-world QBs miss throws yesterday.

My favorite banghead banghead banghead comment was something along the lines of 'running out of time to evaluate Baker or for Baker to prove his worth'...or something to that affect.

Ten games into his 3rd season with his fourth HC and a 7-3 record. C'mon man!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

I apparently/sometimes see a completely different Baker than do others.

The last game Baker played in that was NOT in hurricane winds or a non-stop downpour, Baker threw 22 straight completions to end the game.

Missing easy throws in a downpour? Needing to "find" touch in hurricane winds? It's been warm and dry for me these past three games...for the team and its QB? Not so much.

Yes...he flat out missed the TE in the endzone...it happens...I saw some all-world QBs miss throws yesterday.

My favorite banghead banghead banghead comment was something along the lines of 'running out of time to evaluate Baker or for Baker to prove his worth'...or something to that affect.

Ten games into his 3rd season with his fourth HC and a 7-3 record. C'mon man!

Baker is gritty, he doesn't need great stats, he is just a WINNER Plain and simple
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:46 PM
J/c

One of the big things for me yesterday was having Claiborne and Vernon play so effectively. They played hard and disrupted Wentz way more than I anticipated
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:50 PM
HUGE props to the D. D won the game. Ward basically played a perfect game for a DB. That PI call was WEAK, but then he followed up with the INT.

Wilson has struggled, but I did love his "pick on someone your own size" hit on the TE. Man oh man have we missed that 'tude on this team.

Dline was pooped on leading up to the game when Garrett was ruled out. Stepped up and answered the call. Good on them. Vernon became the guy on delivered. I soured on him at the beginning of this year... but big props to him for his big game when needed.

Great D effort all around. Ward doing Ward things, Vernon playing up to his potential and the whole Dline getting in on the action. Takitaki getting the ball into the endzone (made possible by the QB getting absolutely rocked). Great to see.

I was surprised the Oline struggled as much as it did. Nobody struggled more visibly than Bitonio... 2 very obvious head-scratchers (and very uncharacteristic). I thought Wills played ok... they all just kinda didn't dominate like they usually do. Njoku still sucks as a blocker, if anyone was wondering.

I thought the refs really let them play yesterday. While the PI's were all kinda weak, there were quite a few other plays that went uncalled. I thought for sure we were going to get hit with a couple more hits to the QB, as we were coming in late a bit.

Baker...
Look, I haven't already forgotten about 1-31 and all that. It's going to take more than 1/2 a season of success to turn me into the guy that is unhappy after a win... but an objective assessment of yesterday's game wouldn't be complete w/o a healthy dose of Baker criticism. Dude can't miss gimme throws like that. He's not being asked to do a lot. It's obvious the run game is what makes the O click. If Baker wants to remain he absolutely HAS to hit those gimme plays. When he doesn't/can't, the run game starts to suffer... he has to make the D pay when they sell out vs the run.
I ended up rewatching the game (insert my usual Gamepass plug here), and came away feeling a little better about Baker overall. Sky isn't falling, and I'm still in his corner. He made quite a few tough throws under tough circumstances. He was also under a little more duress than usual... Oline wasn't its usual dominant self. Philly D overall played well.
So overall, decent game by Baker... but for the love of Pete, don't overthrow you TE by 2 human lengths when he's that open in the EZ.

Baker also easily outplayed Carson Wentz, for what that's worth. What happened to that guy? Yikes. I mean, he didn't get much help, but he looked absolutely dreadful at times.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:54 PM

Baker is 19-20 as a starter.

Stats do not tell the whole story.

We are 7-3. That is a team record before it is a Baker record.

He is not all responsible for wins or loses. He has been inconsistent. And still has much to prove.

With that said. This is his team. He is a leader. He deserves to lead the team.

His future is still to be determined.

As long as he has the confidence of the coaching staff and respect of his teammates he will remain with the team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 02:56 PM
Yeah I agree. Being .500 is a miracle considering where we were before he arrived.

I also like knowing that he outplayed Wentz yesterday and Watson the week before in poor elements
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:15 PM
One thing I just wanted to throw out there:

Wentz is a lot like Baker of last year. He is playing just good enough to get you beat. He is throwing a lot of INT. He threw 2 TD yesterday, but also 2 INT, one for a pick 6. That was exactly what Baker seemed to do last year.

Baker really needed rebuilt, and I think we got the right head coach to do the job. He now seems to understand what throws he can, and importantly, cannot make. I think that he needs to get some of his moxie back, and get back to having a little more impact on the game, but even yesterday, in weather and often under a heavy rush, he averaged over 9 yards/pass attempt.

I am really encouraged.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:15 PM

I am pulling for the guy but I don't want to get over my skies.

If he keeps the team winning that is all important to me.

He was asked to improve and he has. But there are miles ahead and I will be patient.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:22 PM
Yeah I agree. Being .500 is a miracle considering where we were before he arrived.

I also like knowing that he outplayed Wentz yesterday and Watson the week before in poor elements

I didn't want to bang on about that too much - but both these other QB's are players that some of the Baker Haters/Doubters really seemed to covet as QB's that are out and out streets ahead of Baker.... yet playing the Browns poor D that we've all pretty much bemoaned about before yesterday's game - they both laid eggs.

I keep saying it - the book isn't written on Baker one way or another. But that won't stop the detractors from trying to exaggerate every flaw while minimizing his accomplishments.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:40 PM
This is the second week in a row where I said "Why the hell do we keep trying to run the ball nonstop when it's not working!?"

"Oh..."
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 03:46 PM
I see more 4/3 on D after the break .. I wish SKI would roll out Baker even more. The boy is deadly moving.. Said I would do an Irish Gig if we went 8-8 this season. Better get my dancing shoes out !
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 04:42 PM
Why did Philly get away from the run...?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
this was so dumb. Sanders was gashing us. Not sure if we were bringing a safety down or adjusting somehow, but they really abandoned it
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 04:50 PM
this was so dumb. Sanders was gashing us. Not sure if we were bringing a safety down or adjusting somehow, but they really abandoned it

It appears that Pederson's offensive-genius-pixie-dust went with Frank Reich to Indy.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

It appears that Pederson's offensive-genius-pixie-dust went with Frank Reich to Indy.
Yeah, they just seem off for some reason. Yesterday it seemed like they had no chance to move the ball through the air, yet abandoned the run
Posted By: Hammer Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:11 PM
Defense took the run away in the 2nd half. Sanders did nothing at all with rushes in 2nd half.

-1 Yard Run
(15:00) (Shotgun) M.Sanders left tackle to PHI 24 for -1 yards (B.Goodson, O.Vernon).
1 Yard Run
(8:55) (Shotgun) M.Sanders right guard to PHI 26 for 1 yard (B.Goodson, Run for No Gain
(4:37) M.Sanders right guard to PHI 2 for no gain (P.Gustin; S.Richardson).
1st & 10 at PHI 2
2 Yard Run
(3:59) (Shotgun) M.Sanders right guard to PHI 4 for 2 yards (O.Vernon).
2nd & 10 at PHI 2)1 Yard Run
(12:21) (Shotgun) M.Sanders right tackle to CLE 25 for 1 yard (P.Gustin).
1st & 10 at CLE 26.

5 carries for 3 yards.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:16 PM
Couple more things.

-No INTs on Baker. This is very good.
-Pretty sure the guy that Chubb laid that devastating stiff-arm on was a lineman. Wow.
-Our dline earned a sack when rushing 3... w/o Garrett.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:17 PM
Chubb was having a below-average game until the 4th quarter. Philly was dumb to abandon the run.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
j/c

That was a nice play by TicTak. It only took him 1-1/2 years to show up!

That's not terrible for a 3rd Rnd linebacker playing in his second system in as many years. Everything he learned as a Rookie was a throwaway, basically. Plenty of room and time for him to grow into the role.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:45 PM
a Great win by the D, but again, they were aided by Mother Nature. It reminded me of the one snow game against Buffalo that ended with a 9-6 score.... the weather and the turf became a great equalizer as it slowed bursts and cuts by the offense while almost killing the passing. That makes it easier for a defense to react to, makes it harder for offenses to get the edge, etc...

I want to see this level of effort and motoring even if we're in a dome.

We're getting better, though. In small increments, I think this defense is getting better and it might not look so terrible by the end of December.
Posted By: Dave Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:46 PM
I was afraid that O-lineman was going to catch Takitaki from behind. He looked like he was running in quicksand. Still, it was a big play, and at least he caught the ball, unlike some others on our D this season.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:51 PM

-Oline seemed to struggle against that Eagles Dline (Wills has had his share of struggles, Bitinio and Teller looked human at plays, there was that one odd play where Baker audibled and it was nearly a botched hand-off and idk what Conklin was doing on that play.

-Njoku was whiffing on some blocks out there, he however had a nice block on one of Chubb's runs...took a defender and knocked him into another.

-Karl Joseph was out there hustling and laying wood when Harrison was out with his injury.

-Landry came across field on Chubb's big run, and carried his block to the sideline lol love that guy

-Hodge and Higgins played well, kudos to them for those big time catches...DPJ finally had a fine run back.

-Nick Chubb is a monster, he reminds me some of Corey Dillon and Shaun Alexander.

-Vernon was big, has some strong hands...Had a feeling he would have a big game, with being able to line up with normalcy. Clayborne showed why he's a steady vet.

-Denzel Ward has been playing superb all year. I remember a couple weeks ago people saying he blows, but hey even Champ Bailey gave up passes and even TD's at times.

-Money Mitchell must have 5 dropped interceptions this year, he seemed to play well however.

-Mack Wilson seemed more active, Taki Taki showed up and read that outlet pass perfectly. I'm not sure if Goodson is that slow, or that #93 makes him look even slower.

-Baker...I won't harp on him, but I can't wait for the day for Bake to make those easy throws that he should be thriving on. He made several nice big throws, and def. his best game in over 3 weeks. Not sure why he seems to play so antsy at times.

-Sendejo...I honestly can't remember a more hated player on our team (and trust me I was always pointing out Jamie Collins lackadaisical effort) And to be fair, I don't question his (Sendejos) effort. IMO he belongs in perhaps dime packages or special teams (I remember hearing a lot of his leadership role and his special teams work prior to coming here) Seems like he is picked on often, then again the few plays I saw Redwine in-his area seemed picked on as well. Obviously the coaches have him starting for a reason, and imo it has to be what he is bringing presnap and in the locker room...Because I see no way he deserves to be playing so much...I would rather see us in (2) SS sets...though not sure of the range either Joseph or Harrison can play at, then again...I don't see much in Sendejo's range as well.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:54 PM
Good point about DPJ. He definitely seems to be gaining confidence in the return game. I also like how they gave some of those responsibilities to that RB.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 05:55 PM
That’s my point about Sendejo as well ... he seems to really try hard, he’s just putrid haha. He does more harm than good most of the time.

In terms of our safeties, I thought Joseph was decent too. I’m wondering if we could see him and Harrison together more
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 06:16 PM
That’s my point about Sendejo as well ... he seems to really try hard, he’s just putrid haha. He does more harm than good most of the time.

In terms of our safeties, I thought Joseph was decent too. I’m wondering if we could see him and Harrison together more

I just saw injury updates on Denzel's calf (going for an MRI) and Harrison (I think it was his knee?)

That secondary will be in a hurting if neither can play, however looks like Harrison is day to day...which bodes well. And I'm praying Denzels results are fine. I am in no rush to see Tavierre Thomas and MJ Stewart again lol...And I'm sure Greedy isn't coming back anytime soon.

And yeah Sendejo seems feisty, but for such an old veteran he makes rookie mistakes weekly. I am for anything in reducing his snaps, who knows he may excel in a more limited role. I mean we really only have Redwine at FS (and when I watched Redwine at the U, he always seemed to be too erratic for my liking...I had him as a round 6-7 type of prospect...seems like the coaching staff limit him to only packages) And while I know Harrison played some FS at Bama, I'm not sure of the looks he received in Jacksonville. I know Joseph is more of your typical box SS, However I remember coaches praising Joseph in Oakland in his improved coverage range...then again, I'm not sure in what our scheme holds true per responsibility (I know Woods would flip Joseph and Sendejo at times, and with the emergence of Harrison...he did slid Joseph to OLB near the red zone) Hoping they are able to figure something better out in the upcoming weeks.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 06:20 PM
I was afraid that O-lineman was going to catch Takitaki from behind. He looked like he was running in quicksand. Still, it was a big play, and at least he caught the ball, unlike some others on our D this season.

I think that was big ass TE Richard Rodgers lol he kind of has the Algae Crumpler frame...thank god he was gassed.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Good point about DPJ. He definitely seems to be gaining confidence in the return game. I also like how they gave some of those responsibilities to that RB.

Was it D'Ernest Johnson or Hillard? I forget who we sent out there (I remember Hilliard used to get more looks in the return game, but never amounted to anything much)
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 06:32 PM
It was Johnson. Thank you for remembering the names.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 07:06 PM
Quote:
- Sandejo is still Sandejo. We know he is not out there because of his coverage skills, or tackling, or athleticism. I assumed it was because of awareness, from being a veteran. I mean, what's left. Then I see a completely stupid penalty, with him knocking a receiver off his feet with a blindside shot. What, exactly, was he thinking with that?

See, I thought just the reverse. His biggest weakness is that he is often out of position and seems to have poor instincts. I have thought he was a pretty decent tackler WHEN HE WAS IN POSITIION to make the tackle.. which is usually 20 yards downfield after allowing a completion.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Y’all need to give joe woods some love as well. Let’s be clear, defense won us this game.

I will say that I had my doubts about him early on.. receivers running all alone all over the place, poor discipline.. and we were giving up 30 ppg.. seems to have corrected a lot of those things and plays are just more contested, generally playing smarter.

Hope it was just the limited off-season in a new defensive scheme that was the problem early on but I'm quickly becoming a believer in him.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 07:13 PM
j/c:

- One of Ward's best games as a Brown. Extend him.

- Higgins' efficiency as a WR is amazing. Extend him. (also had a play where a PA call should have been called for him)

- Hodge also has been a more than a reliable WR. Extend him, modestly.

- Teller is a great RG. Extend him.

- Chubb is amazing. I wish he would be more involved in the passing game, however. Not sure, based on position, if the FO will extend him. Wish he could become the complete package like Cook, CMC, Kamara in that regard. Not sure how much that will play a role moving forward in 2022.

(Ok, no more extension talk) Oh, wait....extend Ogunjobi too.

- Glad to see Vernon earn his game check and respond against a bad 0-line.

- Baker still leaves questions marks but these last three games, in terms of weather, has been very tough to gauge his play. Mid-70s is the game temp against JAX for Sunday....hopefully this will be an environment to see him perform in the passing game. I would like to see more play-action from Stefanski as well.

- Speaking of Stefanski, what a great HC so far. To think someone flexed muscles to take Kitchens over him is baffling to say the least. Must have thought he was #NotARealCoach.

- Takitaki might have had his best game as a Brown, and not because of the pick-6.

- I felt bad for Cleveland Heights' own, Jason Kelce, and his injury but the dude was all about going back into the game. Anyone remember seeing another Eagles' player have to button up his chin strap because he couldn't move his arm that high? Wow. Oh, and he is also a UC grad. wink

- Wentz looked bad.....almost like he wasn't a top-20 QB. angel
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

See, I thought just the reverse. His biggest weakness is that he is often out of position and seems to have poor instincts. I have thought he was a pretty decent tackler WHEN HE WAS IN POSITIION to make the tackle.. which is usually 20 yards downfield after allowing a completion.

I am not saying that he has good instincts or awareness. I am trying to figure out what he does have. I ruled out about everything else. But you're right, he is rarely in the right place.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 11:01 PM
Imagine how much of a flex Paul Depo feels today ... Stefanski beat Wentz LOL
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 11:26 PM

#Browns  @pffgrades v PHI:

Offense
&#9989;Higgins: 78.9
&#9989;Hodge: 77.7
&#9989;Mayfield: 71.5
&#9989;Teller: 71.0
&#9989;Chubb: 69.3
&#128997;Jed Wills: 56.3
&#128997;Njoku/Hooper: 48/39

Defense
&#9989;Takitaki: 90.4
&#9989;Elliot: 90.2
&#9989;Vernon: 86.9
&#9989;Ward: 80.2
&#9989;Calyborn: 75
&#9989;Goodson: 73.3
&#128997;Smith: 41.1
&#128997;Redwine: 28.2
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 11:30 PM
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 11:37 PM
That is as good of a play as you would see on any of the Sunday Night Highlight shows.

Simply amazing. Hunt does not score with normal blocking, but Teller is Abby-normal.

Young Frankenstein reference....
Posted By: mac Re: Post Game - 11/23/20 11:41 PM
Quote:
- Takitaki might have had his best game as a Brown, and not because of the pick-6.

To be honest, 1/2 of the TakiTaki pick 6 should go to Denzel Ward who hit Wentz just as he was releasing the ball, creating a "lame duck air ball".
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 12:02 AM
I'm happy for the win, didn't get to see the Mack Wilson play involving Ward and the runner, trying to look it up.

I do have concerns that the Offense isn't scoring more points. If you take away the 9 points the defense put up there are only 13 points put up by the "O" and the Eagles had scored 17.

It's a win and the teams learning how to win games they would have lost in the past. Just would like to see better scoring from the offense, just a preference.

People saying Wentz looked bad, but he threw for 2 TD's even though the last one was at the games end, but Baker didn't throw for one.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 12:07 AM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

- Chubb is amazing. I wish he would be more involved in the passing game, however. Not sure, based on position, if the FO will extend him. Wish he could become the complete package like Cook, CMC, Kamara in that regard. Not sure how much that will play a role moving forward in 2022.

Chubb will be given a contract extension. Might be first order of business this offseason.

I cannot fathom a bigger PR disaster and more importantly, the message it would send to the lockerroom if the FO did not extend Chubb. You reward his hard work and he is the epitome of what it takes to change the culture in Cleveland.

Not re-signing him would be disastrous. He's the best player on offense and can single handily win games. Berry and DePo are not dummies.

I'll eat my left and right arm if Chubb is not extended.

Like you said, get Ward a contract extension as well.
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 12:10 AM
Look at that effort Hodge is giving there too...that is winning football!
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 12:24 AM
Here you go Billy

Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 12:36 AM
OUCH !!!! Thank you thumbsup
Posted By: myka Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 12:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Here you go Billy

I loved that hit. Big Mack (my fav player on D for the way he plays) still has a lot of mental growth to go, but I loved seeing him be the enforcer and protect the smaller skill guy (Ward) here.

We need someone like that on D. Every great D has one. I'm really hoping Mack can cut the mental mistakes and become our Harrison (minus the cheating)
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 01:23 AM
Are there gentleman's rules on Twitter against posting your own highlight videos?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 01:23 AM
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 03:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish

Is he the Offensive line coach, evidently not. Who is the offensive line coach? There are two offenisive line coaches this year.

(the beatings will continue until morale improves)
Posted By: slick Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 08:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Here you go Billy

That may have been the play ward wa injured. He injured his calf, was walking around fine after game, but then again so was teller and he was out 5 weeks. Hopefully he wont miss much time
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 11/24/20 12:10 PM

Teller is so much fun to watch.

He brings such attitude to blocking.

A guy who really loves his position. He loves to man up and just drive people.

Starting to love the personality of this team.

Guys like Chubb, Hunt, Teller, Jarvis, Richardson tough dudes that bring that edge of no denial.

Richardson doesn't get much attention but the guy plays hard. He gives full effort on every play.

Starting to think we need a nickname for this team.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 01:32 AM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

I am not saying that he has good instincts or awareness. I am trying to figure out what he does have. I ruled out about everything else. But you're right, he is rarely in the right place.

He is good for 1 or 2 pretty big hits per game... other than that, if they are calling his name, it's usually not good.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 02:00 AM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 02:06 AM

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 01:05 PM
Seriously... what happened to Carson Wentz. Dude was cream of the crop before he went down a couple times, but I don't recall his brain ever becoming broken in that time (it was all lower body IIRC).
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 01:37 PM
Seriously... what happened to Carson Wentz. Dude was cream of the crop before he went down a couple times, but I don't recall his brain ever becoming broken in that time (it was all lower body IIRC).

He was never all that to begin with...he was the master of throwing over the middle to TEs (see/watch Lamar Jackson) or dumping the ball at - or near - the LOS to a player who broke off yardage.

Better-defend the TE over the middle and defend the dump off and the guy simply isn't able to play QB at a high level in the NFL. He's been figured-out and exposed.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 01:52 PM
And sometimes it's our guys that he hits.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 03:00 PM

Olivier Vernon wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post Game - 11/25/20 03:09 PM
He needed that. Still skeptical until he can string together some games... but good for him.

IMO, Ward was more deserving.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 11/26/20 03:42 AM
It’s funny that we’ve kind of had TWO games cemented because of a safety .. INDY and PHI. Don’ think I’ve seen that before
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Post Game - 11/27/20 11:14 PM

His OL is a mess, he's been hit too much, he doesn't trust some of his receivers and/or they've been injured. Not that he was necessarily ever great, but he's bogged down worrying about stuff that he wasn't before.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game - 11/28/20 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

His OL is a mess, he's been hit too much, he doesn't trust some of his receivers and/or they've been injured.

How many years was that a description of a Browns QB?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 11/29/20 03:45 AM
Quote:
How many years was that a description of a Browns QB?

Almost all of them...
© DawgTalkers.net