DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: jaybird Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 01:05 AM
This is pretty interesting.. maybe have to watch part of this game... Broncos gonna play the Saints without a QB....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3040...-orleans-saints
Imagine a game with Jarvis Landry starting at QB.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 01:55 AM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Imagine a game with Jarvis Landry starting at QB.

as long as we have Chubb and Hunt I wouldn't worry too much smile
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 02:19 AM
The Browns had to play a game with Charlie Whitehurst at Qb, in 2016.

Former Browns starting Qb Connor Shaw, at Baltimore dec 28th 2014.

Browns QB at one time, Kevin Hogan,

So I don't feel any pity for the Broncos' situation.

It would just make 2020 that much more interesting.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 02:51 AM
Didnt Kevin Johnson and Josh Cribbs play QB in the same game, maybe ‘03 or ‘04?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 03:04 AM
You hate to see a team struggle because of the virus ... that being, I remember trotting out Northcutt and KJ at QB WITHOUT us being in a pandemic lol
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 04:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy

I don't believe they ever played on the same team.
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

I believe it was KJ and Northcutt, wasn't it??
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 10:32 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

yeah I vividly remember the stretch of games where we were DESPERATE at QB
Posted By: atgolds Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 12:47 PM
I think it was against Philly. Surprisingly close game if I remember right.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 03:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

That stretch of games was for like 15 years.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 03:58 PM
Johnson was wildcat QB at times IIRC. Not sure about Cribbs.

Just bizarre. How many more times does the Squealer game get moved. No pity, but I thought they lost a bye week and now go to short week? Sorry if I misunderstood, but could we accommodate these guys more courtesy of the NFL?

What if these were playoff games? Been wondering about this for months.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/29/20 04:23 PM
Quote:

We used Cribbs in the wildcat on more than a few occasions.
Quote:

Yeah 20 years
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

Just bizarre. How many more times does the Squealer game get moved. No pity, but I thought they lost a bye week and now go to short week? Sorry if I misunderstood, but could we accommodate these guys more courtesy of the NFL?

Seems to me the NFL is trying to get as many players back for this game, meanwhile teams are playing with many starters out. Double standard?
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg

Seems to me the NFL is trying to get as many players back for this game, meanwhile teams are playing with many starters out. Double standard?

Sure looks that way.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 12:30 PM
Yeah, every team is dealing with Covid, yet the Ravens get favoritism. NFL should explain the reasoning, because it looks suspicious.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Yeah, every team is dealing with Covid, yet the Ravens get favoritism. NFL should explain the reasoning, because it looks suspicious.

The Ravens don’t have enough players to field a team on game day. If they forfeit neither team gets paid.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 02:55 PM
Elway coming out of the Suite would have been better than the practice squad wide receiver they ran out there yesterday.
Posted By: FATE Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The Ravens don’t have enough players to field a team on game day. If they forfeit neither team gets paid.

55 + 12 = 67 available players
20 players have Covid

Something wrong with your math... Nobody is forfeiting a game, even if Rog removes his lips...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 04:15 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE

20 players have Covid

Something wrong with your math... Nobody is forfeiting a game, even if Rog removes his lips...

20 have COVID but the virus is rampant and they haven’t had a day without a positive test. The Broncos had an isolated case. That is a huge difference.
Posted By: FATE Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 05:39 PM

20 players have Covid

20 have COVID but the virus is rampant and they haven’t had a day without a positive test. The Broncos had an isolated case. That is a huge difference.

So please explain how they'll ever be able to "field a team" in time for the game?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 05:46 PM

20 players have Covid

So please explain how they'll ever be able to "field a team" in time for the game?

Good question.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Broncos QBs ineligible vs New Orleans - 11/30/20 05:46 PM
One of the talking heads was opining that if something like this happens and some teams end up playing less than 16 games, they could use winning % instead of record to determine who gets in the playoffs... I think that's a bad idea for a number of reasons, not the least of which is, if you believe the Steelers would likely beat the Ravens anyway, there record without playing the game at all could be 11-4.. which would be better than our (potential) 11-5. And if we got nosed out of the playoffs because of THAT rule, bottlegate would like a 5 year old birthday party.

If you are the reason the game has to be missed, it should be a forfeit.. plain and simple. If the Ravens can't play, they lose, Steelers win. The NFL has done all they can do to accomodate, rescheduling the game twice.
© DawgTalkers.net