We can do this
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 06:07 AM
Let’s go 1-0.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 06:54 AM
Yep. 1-0 is what matters.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 06:59 AM
I BELIEVE!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 09:42 AM
I'm putting a big moneyline bet on the Browns.

For reference, I didn't have any money on the Browns last week. Just wait til you see me in GameDay chat this week with money on them.
Posted By: jfanent Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 11:22 AM
Ballzy move. I hope the Browns take an early lead and win outright so you don't have a heart attack.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 11:31 AM
No heart attack. I'll just lash out at my wife and kids and everyone on here.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 11:42 AM
That is why I don't bet on my teams.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
No heart attack. I'll just lash out at my wife and kids and everyone on here.

So, you're going to give leadtheway and THROW LONG a run for their money as message board game thread drunk posters?
Posted By: bonefish Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 12:44 PM

This game is like any game in the NFL.

You have to play well to win. Glennon was supposed to stink. He played a good game against us.

Both teams like to run. They have a good runner in Henry. We have the dynamic duo.

Titans average 385 yds per game
Browns 355 yds per game.

Rushing - Browns 161 ypg
Titans 158 ypg

Passing - Titans 227 ypg
Browns 194 ypg

Points - Titans 29.5 ppg
Browns 24.1 ppg

Pretty close in all areas.

Weather looks pretty good.

This will come down to whose DL can stop the other teams ground game.

And which passer steps up.

So I can see this game as a close hard fought game.

Big plays and Mistakes. Will be the difference.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 01:58 PM

For reference, I didn't have any money on the Browns last week. Just wait til you see me in GameDay chat this week with money on them.

rofl
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 07:13 PM
So you are ok if the Browns lose by 3, 24-21.

I was going to reply.

GC.

Thread title ^ rolleyes sounds like the kiss of death.

When the Browns can't beat the Titans, and folks gripe.

The Team can check it's recent memeory, Why couldn't the Browns hang on to Any of these veteran players on defense.
They, ALL, somehow are good enough for the NFL but not for the Browns, and or, Browns can't somehow keep them on the team.

And this isn't a full list, there are more, there are the Williams Duo, and other DB's I'd have to look up, but
Joe Haden, Jason McCourty, and Tashaun Gipson, (Peppers)

Jabaal Sheard
Emmanuel Ogbah
Nate Orchard
Carl Nassib
Jamie Collins
Joe Schobert
Genard Avery,

You aren't going to win a Super Bowl when you can't keep people who can make tackles.

That line is almost signature worthy in itself.

Whatever, 9-7 no playoffs,
Whatever,

I don't think the Browns are going to win the big games, or look good in them.

I don't think anyone can hide the inexperience and lack of top notched-ness on the defense (( unless they awake a sleeping giant Baker?))

followed the recipe I recently expressed is their problem, the hope that,
The game isn't to develop your own players. (which it is)

But the game is to find somewhere else, someone who is 1 nth percent, a lil' better and just plugging them in, will = better results, (without developing your own players)

like, Richardson for Shelton.

like Oliviver Vernon for Ogbah.

Which, don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it's actually an excellent move to bring in Richardson and Vernon, but to think you can totally move on from Ogbah and Shelton because of it,

and never develop your own guys, ?

Well that's not what super bowl teams do.

The Front 4 on defense? Sure top notch, no compaints, but,
everything behind it is like a crashing airplane,
with a couple of players, here, there, maybe Mitchell and Ward,
trying to hold off the flood with chewing gum,
trying to hold a pool liner full of water over their head that's too wide for one persons reach, going back and forth unsuccessfully.

So, IF/when, the Titans game turns into a dominant defeat reminiscent of last years opener,

well, maybe think, Hey! just because we signed/traded for Odell Beckham, maybe somebody could talk Breshad Perriman into sticking around because, (florida wr, went all johnny manziel on ya) and Beckham is going to be out half the games, ...(no fault of his own, just par for the injury course but)

Now instead of Breshad and (Guy from florida college?) of 2018, you've got Hodge and Taiwan,
and Peoples-Jones not getting bett...
Did ya ever notice, how No body's game improves, AFTER, they join the Browns?

Not since 2002 anyways. frown
thumbsup - Go Team! prove me wrong. fingerscrossed
Posted By: mgh888 Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 08:02 PM
Peppers was traded. When he was here he sure couldn't tackle, and when he tried to hit, he took bad angles and was lost in space when dropping back in zones.

Tahshan Gipson wanted lots of money or wanted out ... I forget.

Haden was injured and cut because he played a handful of games in the last 2 years before a big pay day was needed to keep him. He was good but he was a risk and had seemingly slowed dramatically through injury.

Orchard was and is still as far as I know below average. A highlight reel of him in a Browns jersey might have 4 or 5 plays? Same goes for Nassib really although he did give 110% effort.

Collins was straight trash in a Browns jersey and never put in the effort commensurate with his ability.

We just ran all over Schobert - who I liked and wanted to keep because he's better than what we have. But he's average and what we have now is below average. He's no poster boy for "keeping talent"

Avery would be in the same bracket as Orchard and Nassib.

Take off the rose colored spectacles. And maybe keep it real - Many of these players were moved to ACQUIRE other talent.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 08:11 PM
And Peppers took the ball out of the hands of a RB who was about to reach the ball over the goal line for 6 points, and took ball 100 yards the other direction for a Browns Touchdown, which got taken away by the refs.

Peppers made Multiple, Momentum changing plays in his 2nd year. Momentum Changing, is a big thing.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 08:13 PM
Joe Haden was on the Steelers roster in under 4 hours.
(about 4 hours, think about it.)
Posted By: myka Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 09:07 PM
Haden is an average starting CB that gets top 10 CB $. We only miss him at all cuz of an insane amount of injuries. If he was here he'd probably be injured again too.

Also all the sleepers that got away, that happens all the time in the NFL.

Look how we got the #1 RG in the NFL, Wyatt Teller, for a steal from the Bills.

I'd say the only obvious egregious ones we let get away are Mitchell Schwartz and Alex Mack, cuz they were good at the time we let them go, but they wanted out so there's only so much you can do without crippling your salary cap.

There should be some kind of salary cap increase for teams that aren't in desirable cities, or I guess do whatever it takes to win a bunch and make yourself more desirable like Pittsburgh/Baltimore have done.

Hopefully now with a winning season we can attract a couple top defensive FAs to finish the roster this offseason without crippling the cap.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 09:29 PM
Alex Mack and Mitchell Schwartz should still be Browns. But the Browns were not willing to go there.
Posted By: myka Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 09:46 PM
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Alex Mack and Mitchell Schwartz should still be Browns. But the Browns were not willing to go there.

Schwartz I think could've been had for a 10% pay bump, Mack was not silent about wanting OUT. We would've had to break the bank to keep him.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: 9 - 3 - 12/02/20 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Peppers made Multiple, Momentum changing plays in his 2nd year. Momentum Changing, is a big thing.

Maybe my memory is going, or maybe you're watching different games. Peppers started to play a little better in year two (after being tragically bad in year one) but he was still very average. More athlete than football player
Posted By: Milk Man Re: 9 - 3 - 12/03/20 06:33 PM

Bold move. I'm leaving this one alone,
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: 9 - 3 - 12/03/20 06:57 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm really worried that we get pummeled in this game.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: 9 - 3 - 12/03/20 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

That's how I feel. I think Henry kills us
Posted By: BADdog Re: 9 - 3 - 12/03/20 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

or Chubb / Hunt kills them smile
Posted By: bonefish Re: 9 - 3 - 12/03/20 09:19 PM

Honestly I don't see a beat down by either team.

I can see both teams rushing effectively.

I think it will come down to big pass plays.

I like our chances.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: 9 - 3 - 12/04/20 03:48 AM
I think Baker will win this game for us with some big plays and a lot of game management. Unless we get in a big hole early, I think we'll be fine. They seem to be more injured than we are and we are far from the hyped up team playing it's first game last year. Freddie was no SKI.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: 9 - 3 - 12/04/20 08:40 PM
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

or Chubb / Hunt kills them smile

Don't Forget D'Ernest Johnson thumbsup i.e. The Cowboys game win. (90 yards leads all Rb's) i.e. the Colts game win. (a 28 yard first on the final drive to seal the clock)

Or maybe Dontrel Hilliard thumbsup , or maybe Peoples-Jones' breaks a kickoff return! fingerscrossed
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: 9 - 3 - 12/05/20 08:39 PM
I have this little status message in my profile messenger at work. Each season I keep track of the Browns win\loss record and say:

The Browns are currently X-0, will they go X-0! Right now its not far off!

The Browns are currently 8-3, will they go 13-3? naughtydevil

With that being said I think our run defense is horrible. We couldn't even stop that guy named Robinson from Jacksonville.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
With that being said I think our run defense is horrible. We couldn't even stop that guy named Robinson from Jacksonville.

I agree it’s not that great, but that guy named Robinson from Jacksonville, is a STUD!
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 09:21 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The Team can check it's recent memeory, Why couldn't the Browns hang on to Any of these veteran players on defense.
They, ALL, somehow are good enough for the NFL but not for the Browns, and or, Browns can't somehow keep them on the team.

Jabaal Sheard
Emmanuel Ogbah
Nate Orchard
Carl Nassib
Jamie Collins
Joe Schobert
Genard Avery
I was surprised by this list, and the implication that the Browns had let all this quality NFL talent slip through their fingers. So I looked up their 2020 stats. Of this list of 7 players, only 4 are NFL starters:

Ogbah 11 games, 554 defensive snaps, 59 ST snaps
Nassib 11 g, 345 D, 12 ST
Collins 11 g, 648 D, 17 ST
Schobert 11 g, 748 D, 0 ST

The other 3 are, at best, ST/rotational players;

Sheard 5 g, 116 D, 0 ST
Orchard 3 g, 33 D, 29 ST
Avery 7 g, 68 D, 54 ST

Now Sheard has had a solid career since leaving the Browns, but Orchard and Avery are borderline NFL players.
Posted By: FATE Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 09:53 PM

CONGRATS bro! Balls much bigger than mine.

How 'bout that franchise QB!!!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:10 PM
He was sensational today.

MIND BLOWINGLY GOOD.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:11 PM
He was sensational today.

MIND BLOWINGLY GOOD.

Accurate, going through reads, aggressive when necessary. A near perfect game.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:12 PM
I felt like he was in a zone like a basketball player gets in. After the first quarter or so, I never got nervous when he dropped back to throw. Actually wish Stefanski did more of it in the 2nd half. Baker was in a zone.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:17 PM
I felt like he was in a zone like a basketball player gets in. After the first quarter or so, I never got nervous when he dropped back to throw. Actually wish Stefanski did more of it in the 2nd half. Baker was in a zone.

We definitely turtled a bit in the second half. I wish Stefanski would have just let it rip.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

We definitely turtled a bit in the second half. I wish Stefanski would have just let it rip.

I agree. Do not let off the gas. Although, he can keep some plays he planned on using in his back-pocket for another game (that's my glass half-full thinking).
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:22 PM
It seemed like penalties - and the need to kill clock - made us go more conservative,
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:23 PM
I don’t think Baker’s been better than today
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:24 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
It seemed like penalties - and the need to kill clock - made us go more conservative,

Which is crazy, because the best way to kill the clock, and also render the need to kill the clock silly, is to keep your foot on the gas and move down the field, even if you do it in chunks. Score seven and pile on the pressure.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 10:30 PM
We only had the one drive (besides the FG) without Penalties and we ran 7 Minutes and 5 Seconds off the clock, so it e=was the penalties that allowed Tennessee to stay in the game ...
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: 9 - 3 - 12/06/20 11:21 PM
Yes definitely and I saw Tenn. holding a couple of times that weren't called in the 4th qtr.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: 9 - 3 - 12/07/20 03:41 AM
Overall, I think the refs were fairly consistent in poor calls against both teams. Sometimes, that's just the best you can ask for.

It did kinda seem like the refs decided they called enough on the Titans in the first half.
Posted By: jaybird Re: 9 - 3 - 12/07/20 01:42 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Overall, I think the refs were fairly consistent in poor calls against both teams. Sometimes, that's just the best you can ask for.

It did kinda seem like the refs decided they called enough on the Titans in the first half.

Garrett was getting molested in the second half... I know you can call holding on every play but some of those were extremely blatant
Posted By: mgh888 Re: 9 - 3 - 12/07/20 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Garrett was getting molested in the second half... I know you can call holding on every play but some of those were extremely blatant

In spades - every game he gets held a BUNCH.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: 9 - 3 - 12/07/20 02:00 PM
Some of those holds were criminal. Next time that he sees that much holding and no calls, take your guy and run him through the ref a few times. Maybe if MG was closer to the flag-man who often seemed to be looking at it. Once he gets trampled a few times, his vision may improve. Just trying to be helpful. thumbsup
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: 9 - 3 - 12/07/20 06:07 PM
LB B.J. Goodson on being 9-3: I'm in love with the fact that the guys are in a grind mode. No one is content with where we are.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1336000639609040901
Posted By: eotab Re: 9 - 3 - 12/07/20 07:23 PM
Thanks for the laughs... rofl

Btw those players leaving us - chalk that up to REGIME change. We have so many of them and with each one they get rid of guys that just don't fit their schemes.

Schobert I understood that move - like the guy but I really don't think he is worth 10 mil per season especially now where we will have to actually start thinking about our cap. We will be paying Baker a lot of money soon - A LOT! We should have done his extension a while ago the longer we wait the more its going to cost us.

Our D executed its game plan without much Talent outside of our DL which is excellent. But the other guys are coming through. Heck even Sadejo had a good game. The guy impressing me more and more is Taki Taki.

jmho
© DawgTalkers.net