DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: mgh888 Other Games - 01/09/21 10:22 PM
Colts, Bills, Rams .... All showing how emotion and physicality matter in the playoffs. Hope we are up for it like these teams were right out of the gate.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Other Games - 01/09/21 10:27 PM
That last series of the Colts Bills game was odd at best.I thought it was a fumble from every angle that I saw and then I am left wondering what the hell Rivers was doing on the next three plays.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 01/09/21 10:28 PM
Yep. 100% Fumble. #21 did an awesome job of not touching the receiver to he was up.

Rams D crushing Russell Wilson .... How that doesn't continue.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 01/09/21 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
That last series of the Colts Bills game was odd at best.I thought it was a fumble from every angle that I saw and then I am left wondering what the hell Rivers was doing on the next three plays.

Yes Replay blew that and Rivers only needed 10 yards to get a good shot at the FG superconfused
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/09/21 10:42 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Yes Replay blew that and Rivers only needed 10 yards to get a good shot at the FG superconfused

Makes you wonder what the point of replay is.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 01/09/21 11:49 PM
Agreed. That was a fumble no doubt. The coaching decisions cost the Colts the game. They should have gone for the field goal (and I said it when they opted not to) and kicked the x-tra point. Totally on their HC Frank Reich.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 01/09/21 11:57 PM
Especially when Al Riveron is the replay official.

Tossup between him and Boger for the worst referees ever. Throw Triplett in there as well.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 12:03 AM
In the Bills Colts game earlier, there was a play where 2 safties broke up the pass.
I consider the future of football is 3 safeties on the field more often.

I can't be sure it this was the case on that play, but it made me feel better to see 2 safeties on the pass coverage getting the job done.
One of them was a better safety than Poyer, and Poyer was the other safety.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 02:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Especially when Al Riveron is the replay official.

Tossup between him and Boger for the worst referees ever. Throw Triplett in there as well.

Walt f'n Coleman is the worst
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 02:30 AM
It's pretty unsettling, to see some of the Worst Quarterbacks I've ever seen play in an NFL game in back to back weeks of prime time WFT games.

Alex Smith, Sudfeld, Heineke and Woodford for the earlier game.

OUCH! that's some scary bad quarterback play.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:25 AM
Washington vs Tampa bay has to be the Worst Post-Season Football game,

I have ever, watched only part of, in my life!

I can't believe, these NFL teams, can't barely field a team!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:34 AM
These teams couldn't score if the defenses left the field.

It might as well just be a kick scrimmage.

The pylon is there to let you know if he got in,

If you knock it forward, you did not get in.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:40 AM
Ummm no. That is not true. Obviously as they ruled it a TD. This actually a better game than I thought it would be.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 04:04 AM
Ummm no. That is not true. Obviously as they ruled it a TD. This actually a better game than I thought it would be.

I agree... Washington has put up more of a fight than I would have thought...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 04:11 AM
Tom Brady must be real hard to live with, I feel bad for his wife and if he has any kids. Maybe he's just having a bad 2 years, nevermind, take back what I said.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 04:37 AM
Brady moves on... good game... better than I was expecting...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 10:00 AM
Heinicke was pretty impressive ... Bucs move on, but I’m not sure they can win again. Their defense didn’t look great
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 02:23 PM
I didn't realise there was a different forum for the other playoff games... did not mean to clutter the board.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 02:38 PM
j/c...

Wow! some excellent games yesterday. All fought hard and just the Bucs game was pretty much one sided. NFC East was expected although Washington gave it all their best.

RAMs D did not realize how good they were. That is how I hope we build our team up to as in that caliber of a D. With our O and a n oustanding D like that we would be unstoppable!

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:12 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I didn't realise there was a different forum for the other playoff games... did not mean to clutter the board.

We're all new to it, lol
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:17 PM
Rams D was impressive at times. Especially tough up front. Most of these wild card games, so far have been watchable. Weak spot has been some ref calls smh. Only worried about one game though. Hate it is at 8 because we get flushed from our bar.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:20 PM
Leonard Floyd was a monster last night... and he's a Free Agent in March.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:25 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: mgh888

We're all new to it, lol

I'll be prepared next year !!

And yes - Floyd was a force yesterday.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 03:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Heinicke was pretty impressive ... Bucs move on, but I’m not sure they can win again. Their defense didn’t look great

With Brady I wouldn't be surprised if they get to the SB... I agree their defense is suspect... but I'm not going to count Brady out...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

With Brady I wouldn't be surprised if they get to the SB... I agree their defense is suspect... but I'm not going to count Brady out...
i think the NFL would love a Rodgers vs Brady NFC title
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 06:26 PM
Titans take the lead!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 06:27 PM
Ravens look horrible
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 06:28 PM
Make Lamar throw... and we know how that goes.
Interception Titans!!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 06:33 PM
He's not used to having defenders within 10yds of his receivers after playing us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 06:34 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
He's not used to having defenders within 10yds of his receivers after playing us.
haha true
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:05 PM
He’s not a QB. Glorified RB.
I hope someone folds him in half backwards one day.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:07 PM
Have to catch him first. Tn has no chance against Bal if they can’t stop the run
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
He’s not a QB. Glorified RB.
I hope someone folds him in half backwards one day.

With the new rules making QBs into red shirts during the games means RB QBs are here to stay. Takes away so much strategy from the game, but just gotta get used to it or go crazy.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:11 PM
Bal defense going to shut them down now. Seems like bal and Pitt just finds defensive players off the street and turn them into solid contributors
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:11 PM
I hate it. It’s not pro football. Peewee leagues utilize it for a reason.
I hate it even more because it’s the Ravens.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:14 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
I hate it. It’s not pro football. Peewee leagues utilize it for a reason.
I hate it even more because it’s the Ravens.

I hate it as well, but we both gotta just get used to it, it's not going anywhere.

The masses love flashy QB runs, and its not really possible for defenses to shut it down because if you touch the QB in the backfield wrong, or after he slides, or going out of bounds etc, it's 15 yard + auto first down back breaking penalty.

NFL chooses profit before strategy every time.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:20 PM
Tenn needs a lot more defensive intensity like this drive second half
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:26 PM
The same D that gave up 42 points to the Browns.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:29 PM
Ten is 2-0 against Ravens and Lamar. There is a reason for that.

Vrabel knows how to defend against Lamar. Play Zone coverage, maintain edge integrity with pressure and containment up the middle. Just have to buy in.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:52 PM
I really want the Titans to win this.

In Baltimore Raven's fans are rooting for the Browns tonight so they can face us in the playoffs so they can knock us out. It is a given, according to them, that we would just fold to them.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 07:54 PM
Originally Posted By: FrankZ

In Baltimore Raven's fans are rooting for the Browns tonight so they can face us in the playoffs so they can knock us out. It is a given, according to them, that we would just fold to them.

Pretty sure we play the Chiefs next week if we win today.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: myka

Pretty sure we play the Chiefs next week if we win today.

Yup. We are the lowest seed still in play.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:02 PM

while i'd love for the ravens to be knocked out quickly... it'd be a hell of a lot sweeter to beat both the steelers and ravens in the playoffs...
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

while i'd love for the ravens to be knocked out quickly... it'd be a hell of a lot sweeter to beat both the steelers and ravens in the playoffs...

I take your point and I do see it. It is the pure arrogance of it that just torques me off and makes me want to see them dumped out quick.

Especially since I have to hear it around here.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:08 PM
yep... I won't be upset at all if they lose today smile

would also be great if both the Steelers and Ravens lose in the first round and we make it to the second

hell... as long as we win today I'm going to be thrilled smile
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:09 PM
and now that I think of it we won't play the ravens... if we win we get the Chiefs...
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:12 PM
Not sure there is a defense in afc that will stop bal.
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:15 PM
Wow Justin Tucker missed a FG, didn't think that ever happened. Still a ball game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:21 PM
Originally Posted By: myka
Wow Justin Tucker missed a FG, didn't think that ever happened. Still a ball game.
especially against us
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 08:53 PM
Seriously - 20 whole points against one of the worst defenses in football, awesome. Get a clue.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 09:41 PM
It's all about Quarterbacks , and coaches, It's a Quarterbacks league and the Browns have got the bEst Quarterback they could get,

problem is the Browns org. is so bad, they'd ruin any other quarterback if they'd had them instead of who they've got.

Browns would have ruined everyone from Mahomes, to Watson, to Brees, Dorsey, Lemmy, Rogers, Trubisky Cole Larry or Moe.

So the Browns are just a bad situation to be in and that's what we have to see fixed.

It could start tonight!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 09:44 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Not sure there is a defense in afc that will stop bal.

The Steelers
The Chiefs
and the Bills
and the Browns all could, I think.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 10:24 PM
Man, Baltimore is such a low class trash organization...from their HC down to the QB and the players.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 11:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Man, Baltimore is such a low class trash organization...from their HC down to the QB and the players.

if you're talking about the dancing on the logo... Tenn did the same thing to Baltimore when they played earlier...
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 11:30 PM
Marcus Peters is the biggest POS.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 01/10/21 11:54 PM
Chicago does not want to win..
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 01/11/21 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Chicago does not want to win..

Yeah... this second half has been awful for them... they have zero offense
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/11/21 12:30 AM
Bears offense is atrocious
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Other Games - 01/11/21 12:50 AM
Loving the Nickelodeon broadcast
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/11/21 12:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Loving the Nickelodeon broadcast
haha i loved the slime
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 01/11/21 01:04 AM
j/c:

The Washington Football teams QB Taylor Heinicke looked pretty good for his first start. I know it was only one game, but it was impressive.
© DawgTalkers.net