DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: BADdog Mahomes? - 01/21/21 11:15 PM
Do you think the protocol gets thrown out and they fast track his approval to start?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 01:21 AM
He’s already practicing. Also, he hasn’t had any concussion symptoms, they pulled him from the game because he couldn’t stand up on his own.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 01:29 AM
He’s definitely going to play. I think his toe is more of a concern than a concussion
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 01:56 AM
I thought it was a nerve injury.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 02:05 AM
of course...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 09:48 AM
Dude looked like he took one on the chin from Tyson when he was trying to stand up. I can't believe there was no concussion.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 03:12 PM
For sure, but you look at the hit and I'm struggling to see an impact. Could've been the tug on the neck at the end when Mack was falling to the ground and coming to rest.

But yeah... I just watched the video and there's no way you're convincing me that's NOT a concussion. Dude was woozy as heck, was still woozy under the tent, the fist clenching after he came to rest on the ground.... plenty of tell-tale signs of a 'hard reboot'.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 03:31 PM
I had wondered if he hit his head on the ball that was on the ground.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 07:36 PM
What's a Mahomes????

Just kidding... brownie
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 07:40 PM
The country group Alabama wrote a song about it. It went like this....

"Mahomes in Alabama, the place where I was born and raised."
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 08:14 PM
j/c...

Surprising to absolutely nobody. Should be a great game against the Bills.

Posted By: RedBaron Re: Mahomes? - 01/22/21 10:58 PM
Either a nerve pinch or an arterial compression (in the neck, during strenuous activity obviously). One can cause loss of feeling in limbs and the other can cause a rush of dizziness (arterial compression around both arteries can cause you to completely pass out in as little as 5 seconds, depending on how strenuous the activity you are doing is).

I didn't see it as a concussion. But, that's what the docs are for smile
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Mahomes? - 01/23/21 05:52 AM
I just hope he's really healthy and they don't kill the kid. Nobody can tell me he wasn't out on his feet that day. I wish him the best, win or lose.
Posted By: bluecollarball Re: Mahomes? - 01/23/21 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Either a nerve pinch or an arterial compression (in the neck, during strenuous activity obviously). One can cause loss of feeling in limbs and the other can cause a rush of dizziness (arterial compression around both arteries can cause you to completely pass out in as little as 5 seconds, depending on how strenuous the activity you are doing is).

I didn't see it as a concussion. But, that's what the docs are for smile

I thought immediately and commented in the gameday thread it looked like a stinger more than a concussion but I don't believe such would cause weakness in the legs or dizziness.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Mahomes? - 01/24/21 02:57 AM
It was clearly, Mahommes took a helmut to the back shoulder blade, followed by the arm around the neck wrenched his neck, pulling his head about off his neck bottom to top,
either resulted in a choke out, or what was trying to be insinuated by the star trek shows' often referencing the "Vulcan death grip"/nerve pinch.

Danger of becoming paralyzed.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Mahomes? - 01/24/21 03:56 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
It was clearly, Mahommes took a helmut to the back shoulder blade

Those damned Germans!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Mahomes? - 01/24/21 06:12 AM
You should probably mansplain that comment in very basic 4th grade small words.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Mahomes? - 01/24/21 10:58 AM
brownie
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Mahomes? - 01/26/21 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
It was clearly, Mahommes took a helmut to the back shoulder blade

Those damned Germans!

Was it a blitz?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Mahomes? - 01/28/21 04:54 PM
Posted By: eotab Re: Mahomes? - 01/29/21 04:18 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Right now: Mahomes is the prospective G.O.A.T. he has to maintain it. I think he experienced his first beat down against us. If he continues to get hit hard it might effect his game. But hopefully he will not become damaged goods and sets a good standard for our young QB to try to achieve.

jmho
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Mahomes? - 01/29/21 05:37 PM
Quote:
Mahomes is the prospective G.O.A.T. he has to maintain it.

That is largely up to the Chiefs.

Bill Belichick was 48 years old when he and Tom Brady first came together for their 20 year run.

Andy Reid was almost 60 when he and Mahomes came together, so it will be incumbent on the Chiefs at some point to maintain the right structure and culture around him to maintain it.
© DawgTalkers.net