DawgTalkers.net

I’m sure you’ve all read about Brit Reid’s accident and high probability that alcohol was involved. I’m just wondering how you think the Chiefs should handle this and it will effect the team.
The way I see it, Brit is Andy Reid’s son, and Chiefs LB coach. He critically injured a child in a car accident and by all accounts had alcohol in his system. Does anybody think this is cause for the Chiefs to tell Andy that it’s a bad look for him to be on the sideline and that he should remain in KC dealing with his son’s issue?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chief...-investigation/
uhhhh no.
I posted about this in the Chiefs/Buccaneers..Who Will Win thread...Did it really need a whole new thread?
It probably did as it is news enough to have a header and not buried in another thread.

I guess what I am saying is if we need to read other threads to find out about non related things, why not have just 1 thread in each forum?
I thought this is a big deal considering it's Reid's son and alcohol was involved.- His other son died of a heroin overdose while a member of Andy's staff with the Eagles. I just read that Andy will be with the team in Tampa tomorrow. -While he can't be blamed for what happened, I think this a huge distraction and horrible look for the Chiefs.
There is zero chance that it affects anything.
I hope the children are OK. Dumb and inexcusable
agree... praying the child is ok...
Two sons with major substance abuse issues. And he seems like a father figure to his players...one has to wonder if he fathered teams but not his sons. Oftentimes, this is seen with pastors too.

Shows that you can be an icon in your field but if you don't tend your legacy, what is/was it really worth?
Yeah, they’ve had some major issues in that family.
GoFundMe for child injured in crash involving Chiefs' Britt Reid surpasses $123K

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/fam...iefs-britt-reid

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A 5-year-old girl named Ariel has been identified as the child in critical condition following a crash that involved a Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach.

Tiffany Verhulst, the girl’s aunt, confirmed in a GoFundMe campaign that the child was the victim in the crash. As of 7:30 a.m. Sunday, the campaign had raised more than $123,000.

“A little after 9 p.m. Thursday night, her mother went to help her cousin, who ran out of gas near I-435 and Stadium Drive,” Verhulst said in the campaign. “While helping her cousin, a Ram pickup truck driven by the Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid crashed into the vehicles on the side of the road.”

Ariel, who recently turned 5, suffered “swelling in the brain and bleeding around her brain,” according to the GoFundMe.

"Her mother is a single mom of [three]," Verhulst said in the campaign. "She will be in the hospital for the foreseeable future. This is set up for the hospital bills and weeks of missed work she will have, anything to help her family who is suffering so much right now because one man chose to drink and drive. No child deserves to go through this, nor should any mother have to see her child like this."

Reid told officers at the scene that he had had two to three drinks and has an Adderall prescription, according to a search warrant application. He was not expected to be in Tampa when the Chiefs take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, NFL reporter Jason La Canfora said on Friday.

A Kansas City, Missouri, police spokesperson said Saturday afternoon the girl remained in critical condition.
Originally Posted By: brownieforlife
Two sons with major substance abuse issues. And he seems like a father figure to his players...one has to wonder if he fathered teams but not his sons. Oftentimes, this is seen with pastors too.

Shows that you can be an icon in your field but if you don't tend your legacy, what is/was it really worth?

At some point casting dispersions on a parent for their adult child's failure is pointless. At some point it is all on the child, and that point is way sooner than however old this guy might be.
Oh MY GOSH!
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

At some point casting dispersions on a parent for their adult child's failure is pointless. At some point it is all on the child, and that point is way sooner than however old this guy might be.

Absolutely....especially when that adult child is educated and has numerous resources available to assist with recovery, and to avoid getting behind the wheel under the influence. He made bad choices, his father didn't make them for him.
j/c...

Should have put this here...

That’s awful

100% agree... my parents raised three children... two of us are pretty successful... one has lived on friends' couches and in guest rooms for the past 25 years... my sister's faults are not my parents...
25 years, Ouch!

True enough, but it's too easy to NOT see a trend with 2 data points.

Looking at his history, he has had several issues of this kind. I hope this child recovers.
This will not go well for the coach's son.

Folks like him have a chance to skate, if the results were limited to property damage. But two little kids ended up in the hospital. This man will become an example for others; he's going to pay a heavy price. Rightfully so.
I'd be shocked.
I feel it's far more likely that lawyers delay any sort of action on it until well after the press attention goes away, then they bargain their way out of it. Single mom of two kids.... she will probably get a tidy financial windfall in exchange for agreeing that this should all just go away.
Does anyone else find it odd that his BAC hasn't been published yet?

In NO way to I mean to detract from the fact he caused an accident, please understand that.

And I, as well as any human with a beating heart, hope and pray for the girl that was injured.

I ask my original question because his BAC level is a major factor in any punishment. (I think). Meaning, if he was over .08, guy's in real, real trouble. If, say, the BAC was .02, or .04, he's still in trouble, but not as much - again, IF that makes sense.

I'm asking because BAC's usually get reported rather quickly. Just a month or so ago, a guy from Ft. Wayne got busted. No big deal. Except, it was his 26th dui/dwi in something like 20-24 years. His BAC was reported on the news/radio the following day.

Britt Reid incident report could take 30-60 days to produce

Posted by Mike Florio on February 9, 2021, 11:10 AM EST

The crash involving Chiefs outside linebackers coach Britt Reid, the son of Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, raises many questions. It will be a while before some of the answers emerge.

Via Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, police said at a Tuesday press conference that a report on the incident will require 30-60 days to finalize. Until then, the police decline to discuss specific cases, like Reid’s.

Reid admitted to police that he had two or three drinks before the crash, and that he had taken Adderall. One of the major questions, as flagged by Wetzel, is this: Was Britt Reid drinking in the Chiefs’ facility? If so, did the team know, or should it have known, about this clear breach of the league’s alcohol policy?

Britt Reid, as noted by Wetzel, served five months in prison for DUI, possession of a controlled substance, and brandishing of a gun during a 2007 road-rage incident.

The crash happened near the team’s facility. As Wetzel points out, Britt Reid lives roughly 30 miles away. The incident occurred on the obvious path to his home.

“NFL buildings have extensive security cameras and in-house investigators,” Wetzel writes. “The Chiefs almost certainly already know when he left the building. They may know almost everything he did while inside of it.”

Again, this case raises many questions. It’s safe to say that, regarding the question of where the drinking happened, the NFL already has started asking some of those questions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ays-to-produce/
Quote:
Reid admitted to police that he had two or three drinks before the crash,

I've had many drinks some nights and have lost count and was unsure how many I had.. I've never been unsure if I had 2.. or 3..

If it's 2, you generally say it was 2 because the science says that 2 usually keeps you under the limit... 3+ and you start getting into trouble (depending on the duration of time between drinks)... so I would guess that this was at least 3 but probably more.
I was gonna say, there's probably an equation where you plug in how much they say they had and you can figure out how many more they actually had.
It is all factorial based.

So if he said 3 drinks. 3 factorial = 3x2x1 = 6. That sounds about right.
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I'd be shocked.
I feel it's far more likely that lawyers delay any sort of action on it until well after the press attention goes away, then they bargain their way out of it. Single mom of two kids.... she will probably get a tidy financial windfall in exchange for agreeing that this should all just go away.

Kind of like the Stallworth deal, and it really wasn't his fault some jerk bolted out across a 3-4 lane highway to catch a bus.
It's rather typical for people who can afford good attorneys to legally suppress things. Without a good attorney it will certainly become public quickly.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's rather typical for people who can afford good attorneys to legally suppress things. Without a good attorney it will certainly become public quickly.

Yup. Look how long it took for Bruce Springsteen's DUI to come out, and look how many articles are being written now to downplay it since it has come out. Publicists and P.R. people at work.... this is what you get when you have money.
I do wonder if the reports claiming he only blew a .02 are true.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I do wonder if the reports claiming he only blew a .02 are true.

I've not seen those reports, but that's kind of what I was getting at in my original post. (as in, did he blow a .14, or was it much less). He's in trouble either way, but not near as much if it was .02.
My guess is he stalled and refused any alcohol test until the last moment possible.

I'm still hung up on a guy that has had multiple dewey's in the past claiming he only had a couple drinks to a cop. Dude was toasted, guaranteed.
I was referring to the reports that are out regarding Bruce Springsteen. Not sure if you knew that. While I'm just guessing here I'm of the opinion that since Reid claimed he "had two or three drinks" his BAC will be higher.

I'm not quite sure how you set the legal limit at .08 and then charge people who fail below that threshold but obviously they do. One would think on the surface you are either above the legal limit which means you're intoxicated or below the legal limit which means you're not.

It makes me happy that I no longer drink.
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I was gonna say, there's probably an equation where you plug in how much they say they had and you can figure out how many more they actually had.

Problem becomes when you have the bottle sitting right there. You have one, drink 3/4 of it then fill it up again, then do that again.. it's hard to tell how many "full drinks" you had. Different than being at a bar where you order them one at a time and get a new one when you are finished.
or when 2-3 drinks is in 25oz mugs, or double mixers in a tall glass.

Most people count the container as 1 drink, but the basis for the rule is One drink = 1.5 ounces of 80-proof liquor, 12 ounces of 5% beer, or five ounces of 12% wine.
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
My guess is he stalled and refused any alcohol test until the last moment possible.

I'm still hung up on a guy that has had multiple dewey's in the past claiming he only had a couple drinks to a cop. Dude was toasted, guaranteed.

I don't know. .08 is over legal limit. The limit isn't set at a point where people are impaired and dunk, it is set at a point where people aren't.
Reading through the thread I haven't seen it mentioned that his contract ended with the Chiefs just a few days ago, and hasn't been renewed. He's jobless.

I'm assuming he was at the facility for some time before leaving, so it follows that perhaps he was drinking while there. It will all come out in time.
I’ve read that the girl is out of the coma, which is good news.

I had been under the impression it was his daughter who was injured, but maybe that is not the case
No, the girl was a passenger in one of the vehicles that was truck.
Got it thanks
© DawgTalkers.net