DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: bonefish Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 05:03 PM

According to odds makers we have a 19% chance to win the game.

Ok. I have great respect of the Chiefs. They are a great well coached team. On offense.

They average giving up 4.5 yards per carry on the ground.

Chubb and Hunt are not in those stats.

KC has not faced the quality of our starting offensive line. Mmmmm.

For those who think that the Chiefs are going to roll over us. I do not think so.

We can win this game. And a 19% chance is BS.

They will score on us.

If we can sustain long scoring drives that result in TD's we have a great shot to beat them.

We will have Ward and our starting secondary. Myles has the speed to force Mahomes's to throw. Not allowing time to just rove around the backfield looking for a target.

We have to put a man on Kelce. I think Harrison could man up on him.

I actually like our chances in this game.

KC has not faced an offense like ours.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 05:12 PM
Agreed ... watching the Buckeyes game, I hope Hill doesn't destroy the Browns like Smith did the Buckeyes ... but I agree this is a winnable game. Unlike the Pittsburgh game that I thought we would win -- I simply think we *can* win. Be interesting to see if 20 days without a game hurts the Chiefs as much as time off clearly hurt Ben and Pouncey. I doubt it but it may be a factor. I'm looking forward to the game without any concern or anxiety ... this has already been a phenomenal season and I 100% trust Stefanski to approach this game level headed with an attitude of expecting to go 1-0.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 05:12 PM
Problem is we average giving up 30.4 points in away games !
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 05:38 PM
We are easily going to give up at least 35 points ... our offense is gonna have to be flawless and our D will have to try to get a TO or 2
Posted By: Hammer Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 05:49 PM
Staff should watch tape of the Pats game vs KC and implement a similar defensive game plan.

That is how you defend the Chiefs (as best as you can).
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 05:52 PM
That Cover 5 defense that was implemented I think by the Patriots definitely gave Mahomes fits. I think the problem now is that he's seen it and has had the chance to break it down. The other issue is that we don't have the same personnel on defense that the Patriots have, so I'm not sure how effective we would be in implementing it.

I do think there are basic principles though that were effective. One is don't blitz, because I think Mahomes may have been (at least at one point) the most effective QB against the blitz this year. The other is that I think we need to keep our coverage schemes disguised and complex - more so than usual. Hopefully not to the degree, though, where it confuses our own guys in executing it.

I don't expect this game to go in our favor, but we do sure as hell have to try! smile
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:07 PM
The best defense for the KC offense is to keep them off the field.
We probably would have to accomplish all of these but get Chubb and Hunt their touches and get at least the production we got in the pitts game, win time of possession battle and win the turnover battle
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:07 PM

Daryl Ruiter
@RuiterWrongFAN
#Browns roster moves:

Placed on Reserve/Injured:
G Michael Dunn (calf)
CB Robert Jackson (hamstring)

Placed on Practice Squad/Injured:
CB A.J. Green (hamstring)

Signed to practice squad:
CB Donovan Olumba
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:12 PM
The Raiders beat them this year, in their first meeting. They came close in the second one.

A high scoring offense like the Raiders - or us - can give them fits, it seems. The Saints came close to winning, too. We just need the defense to slow them down a little the way the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, and Falcons did. All of those teams held the Chiefs to under 30 points, and a couple kept them under 20 points. That's a large enough sample size to show it CAN be done... we just have to figure out how to make it work with our scheme and personnel and still have our offense click along at full speed.
Posted By: thedawggene Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:23 PM
I see a few of you are buying into this bit about ball control and/or defense being a way to win. This is dead wrong, IMO. The only way we win this game (and it's closer to 1.9% vs. 19% chance) is in a 49-45 game, or something like that.

KC is the team just on cruise control through the regular season now...you cannot take anything they've done or not done in recent weeks as a given. Mahomes in the playoffs is gonna get 35+. With our defense, I would put the O/U on KC punts at 1.5. We have to score TDs and keep scoring them until 00s. I don't have a lot of faith that we will, but I'll be rooting my tail off for it. Maybe push that go-for-it-on-4th-down threshhold to our own 30+ yd line.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:50 PM

We can all speculate on the best way to win.

My point is simple. Teams in the NFL are much closer than some believe.

No team this year is dominate on both sides of the ball.

KC is a strong offensive team. They will score points. That does not mean they can't be beat. They can turn it over like any team.

In addition they will give up points.

No team in the playoffs at this stage has a 19% or less chance to win. I simple do not accept that. That is a betting line and that is all. The percentage is based upon how bets are placed.

They are the Champs and I have great respect for them.
However.

The Chief's won by:

3 Against the Chargers
3 Against the Raiders
2 Against the Panthers
3 Against the Buc's
6 Against the Broncos
6 Against the Dolphins
3 Against the Saints
3 Against the Falcons

And lost by 8 to the Raiders.

So they did not skate through the league.

They are not the 85 Bears.

This team can be beaten and the Browns have a good chance to beat them.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
The Raiders beat them this year, in their first meeting. They came close in the second one.

A high scoring offense like the Raiders - or us - can give them fits, it seems. The Saints came close to winning, too. We just need the defense to slow them down a little the way the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, and Falcons did. All of those teams held the Chiefs to under 30 points, and a couple kept them under 20 points. That's a large enough sample size to show it CAN be done... we just have to figure out how to make it work with our scheme and personnel and still have our offense click along at full speed.

I watched the Carolina/KC game when it happened (and this was when they had CEH too) ... Carolina really handled the ball through the ground and intermediate passing. Crossing routes and deep in routes.

I have to think they’re going to need to bring a guy or two into the box against us, which should help too
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

No team this year is dominate dominant on both sides of the ball.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:54 PM
If the Raiders and Chargers can beat them, then so can we.

We are going to get MUCH healthier. We should get Bitonio back as well as our 2 starting CBs. A Mahommes offense also could allow our Dline to impact the game unlike a Big Ben offense (he holds the ball longer than Ben, which benefits our big fellas).
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 06:54 PM
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:05 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
A Mahommes offense also could allow our Dline to impact the game unlike a Big Ben offense (he holds the ball longer than Ben, which benefits our big fellas).

I actually like our match-up against the Chiefs. We run a very similar offense to the 49ers, who ran and threw play-action all over the Chiefs in the Superbowl last year, until they stopped running for whatever reason.

And on defense, I like the point you brought up. Another thing to consider...Mahomes loves to take deep drops and sling it with his cannon arm. This plays right into MG's hands, as he excels with the speed rush around the outside. Garrett is going to need a big game for us to win, and I think he could give Mahomes fits the whole game. They will have to double-team him to get off those long passes.

I say we limit our blitzes, play coverage, and hope MG and our D-line can cause some havoc. I also like Ronnie Harrison on Kelce.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:07 PM
Even if our STRENGTH was our secondary ... we’d be screwed with Mahomes. It’s almost better that we have our eggs in other baskets.

However, the rumors of Ward not being activated really hurt our chances
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:10 PM
thanks for spell check I was writing fast for me
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:16 PM

What rumors about Ward?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:17 PM
Here are some promising facts I've discovered while doing a little digging on a lazy day off.

- The Chiefs haven't won a game by more than one score since
November 1st.
- Only 2 of the 8 opponents since then were playoff teams
- The largest margin of victory over that time was 6 pts
- The average margin of victory was only 3.85 pts
- The only playoff team they beat by 10 or more this entire
season were the rats back in September.
- The other double digit wins were vs the Jets, Broncos, Pats
and Texans...and those were all in the first half of the
season.

The Chiefs have not been the juggernaut they're made out to be, and seem to be doing just enough to get by. Andy Reid knows how to win games.

We do have our work cut out for us. To have a chance, we have to take advantage of the dust they need to shake off from their layoff, and then Woods is going to have to come up with a better game plan than just hanging on for dear life if and when we get a lead. Mahommes just thrives in those situations.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:31 PM

What rumors about Ward?
that the effects of Covid have really taken a toll on him. He’s extremely sick. Probably would be ineffective even if cleared
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:34 PM

What rumors about Ward?

I don't know who D4l is reading but I can tell you not one of the Browns reporters have mentioned anything about Ward not being activated.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:41 PM

They can be beat.

As both of us has pointed out the scores of their games.

We have not had a game in a long time where we played all our starters by the depth chart.

We don't even know if we have played our best game.

So this game as far as can we win to me is no different than any team we would face in the playoffs.

Of course we can win. We were not supposed to win against the Steelers.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 07:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

What rumors about Ward?

I don't know who D4l is reading but I can tell you not one of the Browns reporters have mentioned anything about Ward not being activated.
Yeah, just going by what Jake Burns has been saying on his account and stuff on the paid site of OBR
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 08:15 PM
KC hasn't blown anyone out since week 8 against the Jets...

I think the Browns have a shot, but they are going to need a nearly flawless game. No turnovers, force a few yourself, and don't kick field goals in the red zone.

Mahomes is gonna get his, that's just what he does. Hill is going to be a handful, so is Kelce.

These guys did get two weeks of rest. They sat guys week 17, and had last week off. Browns might be able to punch them in the mouth early, similar to what we saw on Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Gun to my head, I am taking the Chiefs, but I do like the Browns against the number. We have to see what happens with both teams as the week progresses. This is going to be such a long week lmao
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:05 PM
This might be the game where we suddenly get real aggressive on D. There's no way our secondary can keep up with Hill-Kelce-Watkins-etc. When Pitt decided they could still throw the big passes even though we were playing off, Schuster and Claypool started getting theirs.

We have to play flawless on O in order to only require the minimum number of stops from our D. I know we kept taking away the ball from Big Ben, but I think we used all that up just like we did in the beginning of the season and then suddenly not being able to take anything from anyone.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:05 PM
That's a revealing list of win margins that Bonefish posted. I hear some TV talking heads say the Chiefs have been on autopilot during the regular season, but I guarantee you that they were on afterburner trying to win those games.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:13 PM
https://youtu.be/mypHZmXdU3o

Fats Domino Going to Kansas City
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:14 PM
Nantz and Romo for us on Sunday.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:37 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
we haven’t done great with them announcing games, at least from my memory.

I hope a few KC players decide to spout off on social media (and then decide to not play smile )
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:37 PM
We're going to have to play the way we did against the Steelers and then some. If I were our coaching staff I'd watch film on all their games and see what other teams did on D to stop them. Whatever worked I would try to duplicate it if we can with our personnel. I'm sure they already thought of this and are doing it.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
we haven’t done great with them announcing games, at least from my memory.

I hope a few KC players decide to spout off on social media (and then decide to not play smile )

Watkins already did..but then again so did Hunt( which I didn't care for) Watkins basically said we aren't any competition
Posted By: KashDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:52 PM

What rumors about Ward?

Yeah, just going by what Jake Burns has been saying on his account and stuff on the paid site of OBR

I follow Burns on Twitter and I have not seen anything about this. Hoping it is not true.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 09:58 PM
I find the lack of news on Ward a little worrisome.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 10:08 PM

What rumors about Ward?

Let's see a Link.

I see NOTHING from Burns, nor on OBR.
Posted By: KashDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I find the lack of news on Ward a little worrisome.

I do as well
Posted By: slick Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 10:13 PM
Even though I know it won't happen. I would like to see stefanski let pelt call the plays again. Stefanski has gotten pass happy. Pelt didnt go away from the run as much.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 10:23 PM
I think this game will be a Baker v Mahomes shootout.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 10:34 PM

IMO we can play man against them.

Mitchell covers Watkins

Ward covers Hill

Harrison covers Kelce.

That is not to say we will strictly play man.

In some cases we may play different combinations.

But I do think we can hang with them.

Kelce is a problem because he relies on finding space in zones and can not covered by a linebacker.

He has to be covered with a safety.

Hill of course is their deep threat. But Ward is an excellent cover guy.

The big thing to me is the pressure on Mahomes. He can not be allowed to roam the backfield. We can not cover forever.

The pressure has to be contained pressure. Make him throw on schedule and take our chances.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 10:35 PM
I do, too, but I think our run game vs their defense will allow us to be a bit more balanced.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 10:59 PM
Common sense would say to pound the rock with Chubb/Hunt, move the chains and control the clock, keep KC's offense off the field.
Stefanski will most likely have Baker throw it 50 times to win a shootout. Also IMO I would hope we don't jump out to a big lead, KC relishes on making big comebacks
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 11:00 PM
Baker will have more time in the pocket than he did last week.

We will attack them by air and by ground.

We will use underneath screen passes to Chubb and Hunt. Chubb will break some very long ones!

They will pound the rock with Chubb and Hunt.

Baker will utilize all 4 tight ends.

Our D will bend like a rubber band and give up a lot of points, but will get some turnovers.

KC is a great team, but overrated.

Browns 48
Chiefs 45
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/12/21 11:53 PM
I would think that the Steelers D is a little better than KC. We should be able to move the ball on them.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 12:44 AM

KC is third to last against the rush. They average giving up 4.5 yds per carry.

Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 12:48 AM
This game will be about running the ball and eating clock. KC can score quick. Got to keep Mahommes on the bench. They are the best, but they can be beat.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 12:55 AM
If we do not turn it over and do not commit stupid penalties, then we have a shot.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 12:58 AM
https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-defense-rankings-2020-season-updated/

Kansas City Chiefs defensive stats (Week 1-8): 201.3 pass yards/game, 60.1% completion rate, 76.8 quarterback rating, 9/9 TD/INT ratio, 17 sacks, 142.8 rush yards/game, 4.8 yards per carry

Kansas City Chiefs defensive stats (Week 9-16): 269.7 pass yards/game, 64.2% completion rate, 96.3 quarterback rating, 17/7 TD/INT ratio, 12 sacks, 96.7 rush yards/game, 4.2 yards per carry.

There are reasons to be concerned for Kansas City’s sake against the Browns. We haven’t seen the Chiefs stop the run all season and there is nothing Kevin Stefanski loves doing more than punishing defenses with Nick Chubb. Cleveland will use ground control to eat up the clock and keep Patrick Mahomes off the field. If the Chiefs can jump out to an early lead, forcing Baker Mayfield to carry the Browns, a victory becomes likely. If Cleveland gets it going early, though, an NFL Playoffs upset is possible.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 01:04 AM
Good luck to the Browns! They sure didn't need it last Sunday.
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 01:15 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 04:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
This game will be about running the ball and eating clock. KC can score quick. Got to keep Mahommes on the bench. They are the best, but they can be beat.

yep... FEED HUNT!!! You know he wants to run for 200
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 04:24 AM
There's a gleam, men. There's a gleam. Let's get the gleam.

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 04:36 AM
They should be callng up the raiders on advice on beating the chiefs.
And calling up the Chargers on advice on taking the chiefs to overtime.

Well, seriously though

Chiefs template for games is the Brows will have to score 40+ to beat them.

Now the Chiefs scored a lot a bunch of times but stopped at like 36- and nearly never reached 40.

What it means,
It makes me think, think the Giants Browns game,

the total drives were limited because The teams took time consuming drives.

So, I think the Chiefs recipe includes time consuming drives by their offense,
So, The Browns will have to score 40, and do it on limited number of drives.

It is doable, but understand this going in.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 12:03 PM
What scares me most about this game is Andy Reid. He just knows how to win.
Posted By: slick Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 12:33 PM

KC is third to last against the rush. They average giving up 4.5 yds per carry.

True, but they found a way to shut down Henry in the playoffs I believe last season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 12:50 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
plus he’s like a million and 0 after a bye
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 01:22 PM
Run them wider and more often. Coach Stef needs to shorten their game. If we pull up their secondary with brutal running, the passing will be there. While we are watching film, our play caller ought to jot some notes about how we gave up 500+ last week and consider working it in.

Just win, baby! Vegas would love it! Unleash The Elf! brownie
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 02:02 PM

Underdawg.

The whole NFL world will blow up if we can win this game.

The Browns are the classic underdawg. "Rocky" was nothing compared to the Browns.

Everything about the Browns screams underdawg.

Can you say Buster Douglas? That is what I am talking about.

10 point underdawg in the playoffs after beating the Steelers who won 12 games. Now the Steelers are being portrayed as "has been" team ripe to be beaten. Except before the game the Browns were 7 point underdawgs.

I went back to look at who played for the Browns in the last 6 games. Can't find when we actually played our starting lineup?

We have won so many games without players.

Yet we have improved all year. I do not believe the Browns have peaked. I do not believe we have played our best game ---
Yet.

Momentum is hard to quantify. It is intangible.

But when you beat the Steelers two games in a row and send them on vacation.

I would call that momentum.

So let the Chiefs watch tv and practice to disco.

Let's see what happens when real Dawgs show up.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 02:37 PM
Agreed with the exception that I think we have peaked / are peaking. I think we went a little conservative Q3 vs Pit because of how insanely large the lead was and it was 'chew clock safely' more than 'score points' mode ... but man when we wanted to we found ways to make 1st downs. Other than having a guy like OBJ there ready to take it to the house on any play, I don't know if there is much improvement to be had smile .... Bitonio is nice to have back but the backups stepped in and did SO well... idk.

Can't wait for the game.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 02:49 PM

Not to debate but we have not peaked because we have not played our starters.

Especially on defense. The secondary has not been together. The linebackers not all together. The DL still missing players.

I want the Chiefs. They are the favorites to win this Super Bowl.

However, I want to face them with our starting OL. Our starters period.

I am curious about what we can do with our full team.
Posted By: thedawggene Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 03:00 PM
I fully expect Stefanski to come out throwing early. Both play-action and shifts to empty backfield sets. This is his MO when opponents are keyed in on stopping the running game. Of course, if I can see this, Andy Reid & the KC staff surely can, as well. How will that play out? And how will Baker look on his throws? Do we get balls sailing, or is he going to be "on?" The first drive should tell us a lot about how the game is gonna go.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 03:11 PM
I'm also still surprised, at times, with how much we end up throwing the ball. I would imagine when defenses start taking our PA game about as seriously as our run game then we'll come out pounding the rock.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 03:32 PM
j/c...

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

I see we're messing with a winning formula....
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 03:44 PM
Personally, I don't see how we win this one. KC is loaded and built to win Championships. But we do belong in this game. The Browns have earned the right to play the best.

The only way the Browns win this is if they start scoring and don't stop no matter what. They'll have to play it like it's the last game on Earth. Playing that soft prevent D has worked nicely up till now. But KC will make us pay dearly for trying it on them. The Chiefs were my early pick to win it all and, sadly, I haven't seen anything to revisit that yet.

The old cliche about scoring the most points means you win the game is very true here. I'm thinking it'll take 50+ points to get the job done.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this game. All those years of misery and being the butt of everyone's jokes on Monday. The hangovers, regret, fear and loathing; some times it's hard to keep the faith. But here we are.
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 03:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

Chiefs fans say that other teams have tried this approach and failed. I imagine those teams don't have dynamic rbs like we do though. I just hope Ski doesn't get pass happy as he's been over the past few weeks and pound the rock with our rbs. I don't trust our dbs to cover anybody. Kelce will basically be able cherry pick those swiss cheese holes that are gonna be all over the field. I'd be more optimistic if it wasn't for our D. they give up a ton of points to trash teams. the difference is it's the playoffs and they'll be more locked in, but we just don't have the talent in that area no matter how locked in our guys are. they're gonna for sure put their best effort but it won't be enough. I PRAY IM WRONG!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 04:14 PM
The secondary saved up all their 'game' for last week, and I think if the D is going to have a good game this time it's going to come from the defensive front. Getting good sustained pressure on Mahommes, especially while he's trying to work some magic, could be what we need.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 04:44 PM
I guess it depends on which teams employed that strategy and what the end result is. Meaning if Atlanta, Miami and Denver (in the second game) all tried that and fell just short, a team with a better oline and rushing attack may have more success. I looked through just a couple KC games and most of the ones that were close or they lost, the other team controlled time of possession. The Raiders dominated it in the first game.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 04:56 PM

Amazing that everyone in the media sees the Browns as a kind of run only offense.

Maybe they have not paid attention to the way Baker has played over the second half.

Ok then. We are a balanced offensive attack. We have two great runners. We use three TE's. We throw the ball all over the yard to any receiver.

Everything is set up by a great offensive line. We use play action. Defenses have to honor our run game.

We can score on any defense. The Steelers have the third rated defense.

We will have no problem scoring on KC.

We will have an almost complete defense minus OV.

We are certainly not an elite defense. However, we do get turnovers. It is coached into this team.

Of course KC will score on us. All we need is more chances. The team that punts, and turns it over will lose.

The team with the most offensive chances will win.
Posted By: FATE Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 05:01 PM
The media is a farce. They cling on to narrative and play follow the leader. Lazy as hell.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 05:18 PM
j/c

We need to keep Mahommes in the pocket and not let him scramble-drill us to death...I know that sounds odd on the surface, but they get sooooooooo many big plays off that scramble-drill. Kelce and Hill get lost when things break down and they really capitalize on that.

Their O Line is banged-up and patch-worked. We need to be disciplined with how we go after PM. JMO
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 05:22 PM
Agreed. ... we have to almost treat him like Lamar. Keep him in the pocket or it’s nearly a guaranteed chunk play
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 05:30 PM
well, that's a bold strategy Cotton; we'll see if it works.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 05:36 PM

The team with the most offensive chances will win.

The team that makes the most of each offensive chance will win.

This could well be a game where the team that loses will the be the one that fails to get at least 3 points on every drive.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 05:53 PM

I have written this numerous times.

Can not let Mahomes "roam" the backfield.

Myles and Clayborn have to pinch the outside.

I suspect Myles will mostly come from Mahomes right side. Hopefully he can close that direction off. The roll right.

I do think we need to occasionally rush 5. The 5th rusher can be a corner, safety or linebacker. Mix it up.

However, mostly rush four and cover.

They have weapons. We need to be on Kelce. Mahomes loves going to him. He is a smart player. I do think we have to man him. I don't think we have a linebacker that can handle him. Maybe Phillips he has speed but little experience. So Harrison is our best bet.

They are a handful to defend. We need to make them earn it. We have to limit the big plays. If they they take 15 plays and five minutes so be it. Bombs downfield can not happen.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 06:06 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/anatomy-divisional-round-win-cleveland-170538848.html
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 06:28 PM
well, that's a bold strategy Cotton; we'll see if it works.

No doubt there...I'll add that IMO Garrett will be the key guy in staying disciplined in how he goes after Mahommes...if he's not getting home with some success he cannot allow himself to be pushed so wide that PM just steps through and creates havoc.

While being two vastly different players, I'd say that PM's scramble plays are as big as LJ's running the ball. You have to pick a poison with those guys. I'd much rather defend PM from inside the pocket...even to the detriment of other defensive chances/calls.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 07:08 PM
Food for thought. I remembered that back in the 80's the Steelers played and beat the 49er's so I looked it up. They beat them in the '84 and '87 seasons. The 49er's were one of the best if not the best team in the league. They had a record of 15-1 in '84 and 13-2 in '87. The Steelers were 9-7 and 8-7 respectively. Do you know why they won? because the Steelers were physical and could run the ball so they kept it away from the 49er's high powered O. We were physical Sunday night and ran the ball when we had to. That should continue to be a big part of our game this Sunday.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 09:17 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

He knows how to lose too.
I've seen his teams lose a bunch of times in the playoffs over the last several years.

This is not some, super special, surreal kind of thing for the Browns to be in a football game.

It's just a Football game, a very big and important one, but still a Football game.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities to just go out, and play football and win the thing!

Your not in frickin Narnia just because you reached the divisional round, ooooh
let's act like it's a miracle for the Browns to even be here?

Get out of here with that thinking, that's nonsense, it's Football, it's the playoffs,

You've got a team that's 3 wins away from a parade and a trophe,
and if Foles and his dumb philadelphia team could do it 4 years ago, This Browns team is certainly better than that one was,
so Just go play football and play to win and see what happens.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/13/21 10:39 PM
I had a friend who's a KC fan post that Mahomes has averaged 31 points in playoff games...I posted Baker averages 48 points!
He posted that Mahomes has never scored below 31 points in playoff games....I posted Baker has never scored below 48 points!
He posted that Mahomes only playoff loss was in an OT game, that he didn't get to play in...I posted Baker has never had to go to OT !

Of course Baker's only been in one playoff game, but that's beside the point, lol.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 01:03 AM

That's beautiful.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 03:04 AM
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 03:47 AM
The Browns are rolling right now.............

I would not want to play them if I were the Chiefs.

They toyed with Pittsburg like a cat taunting a half dead mouse they could have put up far more points then they did.

If the Chief aren't at the very top of their game they will get steam rolled.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 05:33 AM
I doubt there will be any steamrolling this week on either side, but I do think we can compete with them. I also think this will be our toughest game to date, but about the same as the Ravens. IMHO we have a 50-50 chance at best. but anything can happen on gameday, anything.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 10:03 AM
Obviously a lot of this has to do with how teams defend KC ... they dare them to try and control the ball and dink and dunk down the field ... whereas teams treat us the opposite.

Keeping Mahomes inside the hashes also is a key component to this
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 10:26 AM
I just watched three of their games they are either playing cat and mouse or they aren't as tough as people think. That is MO by the way we for sure will see on Sunday, but the Browns are more then capable of handling the Chiefs, the key for them on offense is Kelce stop PM's safety blanket and you will slow them down. Make PM look elsewhere. Hill is unbelievably fast and of concern but from what I saw Kelce is the key. I take him away if at all possible. I put Phillip's and Harrison on him and roll coverages from the inside try to bring coverage from the opposite side Kelce is moving to and get PM in a situation where he doesn't see the coverages rolling in on Kelce.

Again it's about the Brown's conceding yardage while making then have to dink and dunk their way down the field tackling and looking for the turnover will be key. We don't have the horses to hang with them on defense but what we can do is take some gambles and look for the big play.

JMHO
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 12:52 PM

For now I am very calm. Of course by game time that will change.

IMO we actually match-up pretty well with the reigning champs.

We had to have Ward back and he is. So important because without him we would have gotten burnt bad deep.

Like we both stated Kelce is Mahomes security blanket. He is the one guy we have to take away. He is the go-to on third downs and key situations.

KC is in for a handful against our offense. They will struggle against our rushing attack. That will create throwing options. Mathieu is a good player and Baker needs to pay attention to him. Baker will be made aware he has to look for him. Pump fakes and eye use are important. Baker can not stare down receivers. He will know that.

I have no doubt that we can match them in scoring.

We have to create more opportunities on offense. We need some stops or turnovers. And when we get them we have to convert them to TD's.

We are fully capable to win this game.

In fact I want them and am glad we are playing them.
===================================================

The X factor in the AFC is Lamar. Because there is not much you can do when he runs. When they spread the field and he is in space. It doesn't seem like anyone can tackle him.

I would rather face the Bills. Not that they are a cakewalk but they are more conventional.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 03:38 PM
Like we just did with Pittsburgh, this will all start up front with us committing to being the bully and dominating the LoS on both sides.

If we allow any part of our lines to get pushed around, we will suffer for it.

With Kelce and Hill, we need to be physical right at the snap - jam them HARD, push them backwards on EVERY snap, even if that means one guy plays up to jam then passes them off to someone else. Disrupt the timing, get them frustrated. Make them earn every step in those first five yards of movement.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 04:05 PM
See, I could see playing them physical off the line as working better vs Pitt, as their offense is more quick-pass and therefore timing-based (and they ended up playing super-duper prevent-type D, so shows what I know).

KC and Mahommes seem to prefer the longer pass plays where it's less about timing and more about both QB and receivers improvising and making a positive play out of chaos (a better version, perhaps, of what Pitt used to do with a younger Big Ben?).
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 04:43 PM
It's more about being the bully. Beat them up, make them work for everything, and disrupt the first few seconds in the hopes the pass rush can make something happen... either a sack or a hurry. If we can play them physical like that and keep Mahommes in the pocket without bringing blitzes, I think that gives us an advantage.

If they're getting off the line and into their routes with ease, they're just going with the flow; you're not forcing them to react, you're the one reacting. The more you force all of them to react, the less likely they all react the same and we see them make mistakes.... receiver goes one way where QB expected them to go another, but receiver went that way because of how he was getting jammed, etc.... plus, if you can get them to overwork a Hammy, that's not a bad thing at all.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 05:51 PM
It's more about being the bully.

Agree here - physicality is so important. The Baldy Breakdown on the OL play vs Pit showed a lot of that. Even Njoku and others chipping in and setting the tone with legal physicality. Hope we see more of it.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 06:41 PM
One thing I'm worried about is the amount of time Reid has had to scheme up some misdirection plays. Our defense has had some pretty bad discipline throughout the course of the season, in terms of sticking with assignments and "doing your job." The second Ravens game is a good example.

In my limited view of Chiefs games this season, I have been very impressed with a lot of the misdirection plays that Reid has dialed up. I hope that our guys maintain their integrity if/when those plays happen against us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 06:48 PM
Yeah and he has even longer to prepare! ... they’re always so creative and versatile in the red zone especially ... and w/the screen game
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 07:13 PM
He has had an extra week to prepare, but the possibilities are that they could have faced us, the Titans, the Colts, or the Ravens, depending on who won. It's no like they could take that extra week and just prepare for us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 07:24 PM
Yeah for sure .. he probably actually thought we were the last team they’d play
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/14/21 09:17 PM
He's had three years to scheme up more of those. He might add a wrinkle here or there, but I wouldn't expect some new shocker of a design. They are what has been working for them all season long, and for the past two to three years.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 01:34 AM
This is going to be a challenge. Soft zone won't get it done. Hope we press more.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 01:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
This is going to be a challenge. Soft zone won't get it done. Hope we press more.

Soft zone will get us killed.
I think I agree with the umbrella scheme idea, but we need a big game from our DLine.

I hope Joe Woods is working overtime to see what sorts of things they're susceptible to when it comes to giving up pressures and sacks. Is it pure size, is it stunts, is it techniques, it is nothing more than matchups? Can we take advantage of Schwartz being out? Who is his backup?

On offense... I've seen where they can really get pressure, but at the same time, they're a group of no-names to me. Other than Honey Badger, I don't recognize a single name on their roster. Does anyone know anything about them? How are their CBs and Safeties? How do we stack up?
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 02:56 AM
Vegas opened at Chiefs -10.......

.......still hanging at Chiefs -10.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 03:14 AM
I really think Cleveland can dictate a great deal of this game in terms of tone and pace. I don't see anyone truly bottling up this offense and KC D isn't Pittsburg and we made them look weak.

The defense has to be aggressive and try to create turnovers it will likely be a long afternoon for them.

I try like hell to take Kelce away and I take risks with everything else really pressure their offense and tackling needs to be on point.

I thought about this game long and hard and I watched KC they can be beat and we actually matchup really well with them. Nothing is guaranteed but I really like our chances.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 03:45 AM
I say we just keep running the damn ball. Hunt and Chubb running behind the Union?

No problemo.

Play action with Bake - he’s been very dangerous since late October - and control the clock. The Chiefs will get some points of course, but their run D sucks, so smash em in the face. No one wants to say it out loud - and I understand that - but we might be going to the Super Bowl.
I’m tired of worrying about jinxes... we are good to go.

We have that kind of team. Beat KC, we’re going to Tampa.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 04:32 AM
j/c...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 08:41 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 10:07 AM
Watching the KC vs Baltimore game ... Tedric Thompson actually made a few plays. I thought he didn’t even exist haha
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 12:54 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I love this guy. I think he is really, really good.
Posted By: eotab Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 01:12 PM
I know he is good in his insight but for me too much talk. I do not respond well with audio. Example in college had GirlFriend take notes and I would then read and study them rather than listen to lecture. I remember visually, taking tests cant say how many times I was accused of cheating as I would write word for word what was in the text book as my visual memory is outstanding compared to audio.

So for me its hard for me to listen several minutes about the Trickery of the Chiefs rather than a video of that trickery. that is just me and not this guys problem but my own.

My attention span sucks...lol laugh
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 01:47 PM

As each day passes I grow in confidence.

Not from X's and O's.

In the Steeler game Collinsworth and Michael's keep going to the well with Cleveland came ready to play.

Ready to play. That is what Kevin Stefanski has made this team. He has shown them "how to prepare."

How to block out everything but preparing to beat the team you play. Injuries, covid, press, last game, next game none of that matters. Be ready to play.

The Browns do not need motivation. They are plenty motivated. They don't need "win it for the gipper."

The Browns work. They work on how to beat the team you play.

They have overcome major obstacles. And now they have embraced the role of underdawgs. Us against the world. Nobody believes in us but us.

Sounds hooky but JuJu lite a flame. And so it goes.

So yes I feel confident. The Browns will come ready to play.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 02:05 PM
He's had three years to scheme up more of those. He might add a wrinkle here or there, but I wouldn't expect some new shocker of a design. They are what has been working for them all season long, and for the past two to three years.

Yeah, it's the wrinkles I'm worried about.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 02:10 PM
FYI, on the Patriots' scheme:

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/lists/...atrick-mahomes/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 02:16 PM
So based on that, we’d look something like:

DL: Garrett - Ogunjobi - Richardson - Clayborn

LB: Joseph - Goodson

CB: Ward - Mitchell - Johnson

S: Sendejo - Harrison
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 03:02 PM
Posted By: Hammer Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 03:16 PM
and what do we say to the God of Death?

Not Today...
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 04:29 PM

So happy Bitonio activated off covid list per NBC
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 04:45 PM

So stoked. Ward and Bitonio were really important to get back for this game.

Conklin and the others nursing injuries will most likely be ready to play.

We should have close to all our starters for this game minus OV.

The secondary which has gotten torched is somewhat in tact.

We have our linebackers. This is about as healthy as we have been.

So I am optimistic. I really believe we can win this game.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 06:20 PM
Quote:
I try like hell to take Kelce away and I take risks with everything else

Kelce and Hill are both in the top 5 in the NFL in catches over 20 yards. Kelce has over 1400 yards (11 TDs) and Hill has over 1200 (15 TDs).. beyond that there is a gigantic drop off to the next best target. I don't know how you focus on one deep threat and one TE at the same time, while trying to stop the run.. but that's the challenge and that's why so few team are able to do it. You need high quality players at every level of the defense..
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 06:30 PM

I have been waiting impatiently for the news about Ward and Bitonio.

All clear ready to go.

OK. I am going full Joe Namath.

The Cleveland Browns are going to win this game.

"I guarantee it."

Head on the block. I don't care. I fully believe we will win.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 06:38 PM
It is definitely a tall order. I don't think you can ever completely take away either of them. I think the best you can hope for is to take away at least one on each play, and maybe get lucky and take away both at the same time once or twice a series.

In the end, it will all begin and end with our DLine. If they don't get it done, then we're done.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 07:15 PM

Adam Teicher
@adamteicher
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Sammy Watkins and Willie Gay did not practice today. Watkins and Gay will be listed as out for Sunday's game but the Chiefs aren't going there with CEH yet. Possible he could play.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 07:19 PM
The best chance we have is if we can run the ball down their throats just like some mediocre Steelers teams did it to the powerful 49er's in a couple of games in the "80's. That was true then and is true now. Being able to run the ball consistently against a strong opponent is a big key in a game like this. There are other factors too but I think this is the biggest. JMO
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 07:47 PM

I don't have a twitter feed.

Can someone post Baldy's Breakdowns on recent browns games ?

Does Baldy have anything out for the KC browns match-up?
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 08:33 PM
We aren't going there to kiss their rings or their Lombardi we are going their to take their Lombardi.

Is it going to be easy? Hell no and that's why it's so much fun. The Chiefs and the Browns are going to take their best shots and I believe when this is over we will hand them their asses.

The Browns just need to be the Browns that will do just fine. I hate making prediction but I love our chances.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 08:49 PM
He hasn’t posted anything yet.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 09:11 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 10:27 PM

For sure I did not expect to be so confident.

If I would have been asked a month ago how the Browns would fare against KC. My response would have been "are you kidding?"

However, a lot of things have happened in a month and how we have gotten to where we are.

Today is different. We will be playing with almost all our starters. Huge that the OL is ready. Secondary is intact. We have our defensive signal caller Malcomb Smith back.

We have our head coach back and the staff. And we practiced three days this week.

Consider what was accomplished without all that.

In addition we are in rhythm. Meaning we played. We came through fire to get to this game. That means something.

And the big thing. All I hear is we can run. And we need to run. Eat clock etc. etc. Keep Mahomes off the field.

What I believe is we will find a way to win. That is what adversity teaches you. That is how we got here.

KC is not a dominant defensive team. We are a dominant offensive team. We can run. But we can throw just as easily. Baker has been outstanding. He is dialed in.

We are simply going to out score them
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 10:46 PM
Kinda-

Stay within 2 scores with 5 mintes to go in the 4th, with the ball,
Score to stay within 5,
then get a stop and hit a hail mary pass with 10 seconds or less to play and a 2 point lead,

One of the 10 ways the Browns may end up winning even if some believe they are slightly overmatched in superstarness,

which I don't prescribe to.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/15/21 11:35 PM

I was afraid they were going to wear the brown pants.

This is good news.

Love this combination plus the brown jersey/orange pants combo.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 12:01 AM

favorite brown top white pants.

brown top orange pants is starting to grow on me.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 12:34 AM
As far as how we play this game we have nothing to lose. KC is expected to win and win big being a 10 point favorite. I'll say the same thing I said before the Steelers game. Play hard, play loose, pull out all the stops and play mistake free. No pressure on us it's all on them!! thumbsup
Posted By: Hammer Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 05:13 AM
As it should be - orange pants and white tops. Like the orange pants and brown tops as well. We seem to play well when wearing orange pants.

We lost 3 AFC Championship games to the Broncos wearing white on white.

Anything but the Brown pants.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 01:45 PM
Good luck tomorrow!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 01:46 PM

Some luck never hurts that is for sure.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 05:02 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 05:03 PM
j/c...

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 05:10 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 05:22 PM

that is killer!!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 07:37 PM
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 11:03 PM
love it!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/16/21 11:08 PM
11-0 when we have the lead at Half?

I had no idea!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 12:05 AM
11-0 when we have the lead at Half?

I had no idea!!
i can’t even imagine the BROWNS having the lead at the half ELEVEN TIMES in one year
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 12:14 AM
My take on our game tomorrow. We're not going to sneak up on KC. They are a very talented team and saw what we did to Pittsburgh. They are well coached and Andy Reid won't allow them to become complacent. They are home and I'm sure want to repeat as Super Bowl champions. I expect them to come out and give us their best shot. We have to beat them on the LOS like we did last week. We have to play just as hard and be physical. If we don't we won't win. It's a tall order for us. KC is a better talented team than the Steelers maybe not so much on D but their O is exceptional. JMO
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 06:58 AM
It feels like Christmas Eve, Go Browns!!!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 07:31 AM
j/c

Well... in the (paraphrased) words of Richard M. Nixon:

You (Browns fans) won't have the Baltimore Ravens to kick around any more..."
Posted By: The Collector Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 09:47 AM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 11:46 AM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 04:34 PM
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 04:45 PM
KC is the defending SB champs so of course they're the heavy favorites.

QB advantage KC.
RBs advantage Browns.
WRs advantage KC
OL advantage Browns, we need Conklin to play.

defense advantage KC
special teams even
coaching advantage KC

I really hope the Browns pull off the upset but I just don't see it. KC wins a close one.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 04:48 PM
I agree KC will win. On paper I don't see us having much of a chance. I hope I'm dead wrong.
Posted By: redddog Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 05:17 PM
I feel like we've all been worried about making fools of ourselves and getting embarrassed like we've been for 20 years. We finally have a team that we can be proud of which can compete with anyone.

That's a big monkey to get off the back. This isn't the same old Browns. This team can beat anyone.

For me, comes down to not letting these guys score quickly on defensive breakdowns. At times, this defense looks serviceable. It's the times where the secondary blows assignments is where we lose games. Eliminate those and we can compete with these guys.

Let's go defense. It up to you.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 05:49 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Onward to Kansas City - 01/17/21 05:53 PM
© DawgTalkers.net