DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: drobs Draft? - 01/23/21 10:28 AM
It's odd we don't have a forum dedicated to it with lots of great thought and analysis by now. Thank you Kevin! thumbsup

Ive started looking around - mainly at secondary. I used the draft network and drafttek sites a lot for the start of my searching.

I like this draft - they have us taking 2 safeties - Ford, I really like the more I read but I dont want college ball so would love a counter opinion. They also mention Woods wanting to run a 4-1-6. I am down with that -

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/cleveland-browns-7-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-playoffs

Nasirildeen wont last till round 4 but Ford and he would be intriguing.

Looking forward to the Senior Bowl and the whole shebang. Another guy I noticed looking at Ford was Patrick Jones II, edge guy. He play mad.

I'm also looking for CBs than can play safety - I like these guys on initial looksee as mid to latter round guys:

Ambry Thomas - Michigan
Israel Mukuamu - S. Carolina
Ifeatu Melifonwu - Syracuse

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/23/21 05:05 PM
I’d like the LB Collins
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/23/21 05:15 PM
Yeah, Waterdawg mentioned him to me. I just dont think there is anyway he lasts till 26. He would be an awesome pickup.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Draft? - 01/23/21 05:19 PM
This is a year I'd be trying to trade draft picks for veterans for several reasons:

1. There is going to be less data available for the draftable players because of COVID.

2. We are going to have a ton of cap space in a year where some owners will be pinching pennies and/or having to cut loose veterans because of cap issues.

3. This is likely the last year we will have Baker, Chubb, and Ward cheap. We should probably go all in on veterans while we can still afford them.
Posted By: FATE Re: Draft? - 01/23/21 05:33 PM
I think Zaven Collins would be a near perfect pick for the Browns. He does it all, from sideline to sideline, rushing the QB to solid in coverage.

Unfortunately, most mocks having going to Miami @ 18 or the Titans @ 22. Others point to Raiders, Jets or Patriots. I'm afraid we would have to move up to draft him.

If he's there at 26 - I run to the podium.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/23/21 05:44 PM
I agree. We need a guy like that in the middle of our defense
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/23/21 06:00 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
This is a year I'd be trying to trade draft picks for veterans for several reasons:

1. There is going to be less data available for the draftable players because of COVID.

2. We are going to have a ton of cap space in a year where some owners will be pinching pennies and/or having to cut loose veterans because of cap issues.

3. This is likely the last year we will have Baker, Chubb, and Ward cheap. We should probably go all in on veterans while we can still afford them.

I think this makes a lot of sense. We have two 3rds which I reckon could be used in this way. I would really prefer we keep 1 and 2 but if we picked up plus starters on D for a 2 or a 3 then you cannot argue with that approach. Like you say, they will also be known quantities. Draft is a crap shoot as always but this year maybe even more so?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 01/23/21 07:08 PM
My Top Outside LB's:

1.Micah Parsons OLB/ILB PSU Top Ten
2.Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah OLB Notre Dame Mid-Late Fisrt
3.Zavon Collins OLB/ILB Tulsa Mid Late First
4.Joe Tryon OLB/DE Washington Late First Early Second
5.Joseph Ossai OLB Texas Mid Second Early 3rd
6.Azeez Ojulari OLB Georgia late Second Mid 3rd

My Top Inside LB's:

1.Micah Parsons OLB/ILB PSU Top Ten
2.Zavon Collins OLB/ILB Tulsa Mid Late First
3.Dylan Moses ILB Alabama Late First Early Second
4.Chazz Surratt ILB North Carolina Mid Second Early Third
5.Paddy Fisher ILB Northwestern Early Third Early 4th
6.Pete Werner ILB/OLB Ohio State Mid 3rd Mid Fourth
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/24/21 12:34 AM
Ossia is an interesting guy
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 12:23 AM
I keep seeing Greg Rousseau,DE, Miami U. slipping down some boards. He would be an interesting piece opposite Garrett.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 12:31 AM
That draft has three safeties going to the Browns. I don't see us taking three safeties. I love the first rwo picks particularly.

Holland at 2, Nasirildeen and Ford. I like Holland. He would add some speed and Nasirildeen has really good size. I am interested to see his 40 times.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 11:03 AM
NFLN mock has us taking Collins from Tulsa ... sign me up
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 12:43 PM
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
I keep seeing Greg Rousseau,DE, Miami U. slipping down some boards. He would be an interesting piece opposite Garrett.

Not really a reply directed at you individually, but between now and the draft we are going to see hundreds of thousands of draft variations. All will be mostly very inaccurate.

After maybe the first 5 picks or so, you could probably throw darts and make the selections.

These draft simulators can be fun, but speaking for myself, though i am sure i am not the only one, after the first 3 rounds or so, I don't know who the heck I am picking. I may know some of them and that is probably why I picked them.
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 03:03 PM
Yeah don't know why we wait till after the SB to start the draft forum. Should be up there the day after Browns football is over for the season. You do a great job Purple and thank you for the site but this is one of my pet peeves with you.... tongue lol laugh

FEED ME!
Posted By: Jester Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 03:53 PM
January 23, 2021 - 8:18 pm
League announces more draft limitations … Just a couple of days after NFL teams were informed that there would in effect be no scouting combine this winter, the league has added a number of other restrictions that are going to complicate the pre-draft testing process. In particular, teams will not be allowed to conduct any timing or physical testing activities outside of a school’s pro day or an all-star game setting. Same for in-person interviews and medical exams which also will be limited pro days and/or all-star games.

Similarly, there will also be a league-wide ban on private workouts, in-house facility visits, dinners and film sessions with prospects. In addition, schools hosting pro days will be limited to a maximum of five players classified as underclassmen, clubs will be limited to three reps at any pro day and are also not allowed to attend any combine-type events or similar workout sessions that are not affiliated with the NFL.

All attendees are required to wear PPE and practice social distancing. Teams CAN interview prospects via the phone or video beginning this weekend. Needless to say, all this is going to severely curtail teams abilities to gather the kind of information that they have been accustomed to having heading into the draft. If there is a positive its that all teams are in the same boat. It also means that more than ever a teams grade on a player will be dependent on what scouts see on game tape.

https://gbnreport.com
Posted By: Jester Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 03:58 PM
I have never been a fan of the individual workout. It is skewed for the prospect to look good. They have the combine, everyone shows what they can do under the same conditions. I think that is more telling.

Additionally it burns a lot of money that could be used for other things. Not that it would but the NFL could up their NFL charities.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 04:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

I started pimping him 2 months ago (ish). My question is where do we put him? He is an LB in college, but has DE size. Don't get me wrong, I love the flexibility, just wondering if people view him more as LB or as DE in our scheme.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 04:11 PM
Anybody know which sites have the best track records of ranking prospects?
Posted By: The Collector Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 04:17 PM

Was doing some looking around at some LBs that might potentially be in the second or third rounds and this dude stood out to me.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419

I started pimping him 2 months ago (ish). My question is where do we put him? He is an LB in college, but has DE size. Don't get me wrong, I love the flexibility, just wondering if people view him more as LB or as DE in our scheme.

Regardless of size, if he has the speed and fluidity to be a LB in the NFL, you keep him at LB.

What you get is a large LB that can thump, cover, and rush.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 04:38 PM
Nice if you are going to play him outside.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 05:06 PM

I agree with you, except I think we should try to give out longer contracts. We are in a very unique position of being a strong team with some money to burn. There will be a few FAs this year that will be forced onto some pretty cheap deals. We could score some bargains only because we are a strong team with some money in our wallet.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 05:10 PM
And I think that's going to be the rub here. In a down cap year where deals would be cheap, I don't see players or their agents wanting to be locked into long term deals. If I were them I wouldn't want to be in that situation either. I think long term deals with quality FA's are going to be hard to come by. Maybe not so much for role players.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 05:15 PM
The cream of the crop will always have the leverage needed, but those solid 2nd group of guys can probably be pushed towards more manageable contracts.

The role players are going to be straight robbed this year.
Posted By: Jester Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 05:58 PM
My top prospects for our 1st round pick are

Patrick Jones II DE Pitt
Here is a scouting report I found
Jones helped Pitt's defense lead the nation in sacks in 2019, and he's top five in this draft class in sacks per game. Jones's burst off the line and closing speed is otherworldly.
- Dean Kindig, DraftTek Senior Analyst

Trevon Moehrig TCU S
His scouting report
Moehrig has 26 combined INTs/PBUs over the past 2.5 seasons, which led all of FBS by 6.
A rangy safety ...
- Kennedy Paynter, Senior Draft Analyst

Nick Bolton Missouri ILB
His scouting report
Bolton evokes words like "speed" and "twitch" and "hitting,"
Bolton was all-SEC the past two seasons and showed a knack for highlight reel hits.
A natural and instinctive Mike backer
- Jud Branam, DraftTek Senior Analyst

The Wildcard:
Jevon Holland S Oregon
My scouting report:
He was clearly the top FS entering the season but opted out
Now Moehrig is ranked #1
6'-1" and 182#
2018 - 5 interception with 1 TD

I think Holland is a 1st round talent but looks like he is going to fall because he opted out
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I agree with you, except I think we should try to give out longer contracts. We are in a very unique position of being a strong team with some money to burn. There will be a few FAs this year that will be forced onto some pretty cheap deals. We could score some bargains only because we are a strong team with some money in our wallet.

We can do both.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 06:24 PM
I'd go with Patrick Jones II. Sounds like a good replacement for OV and a complement to Myles. JMO
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 06:34 PM
I hope we do a good enough job in FA to where we don't absolutely have to hit HRs in the draft in order to field a respectable team (translation: defense).
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 07:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester
I have never been a fan of the individual workout. It is skewed for the prospect to look good. They have the combine, everyone shows what they can do under the same conditions. I think that is more telling.

Additionally it burns a lot of money that could be used for other things. Not that it would but the NFL could up their NFL charities.

In the post above yours, it said no scouting combine.

Are they talking about "the combine", or are they calling all the individual team scouting a combine of sorts?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 07:15 PM
Azeez Ojulari, LB Georgia is a interesting prospect who seems to fit what Woods wants in a defender.

He can play standing up or put his hand in the ground. Excellent speed, rushing ability, and coverage skills. NFl scouts see him filling many roles.

He checks the boxes with size and speed, and has the pedigree having been SEC tested.

There is a good chance he will be there when we draft, so there is a good chance we take the kid.
Posted By: Jester Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Are they talking about "the combine", or are they calling all the individual team scouting a combine of sorts?

I ama not 100% sure but my sister lives in Indy and she was telling me that the NCAA basketball tournament was going to be there but that the combine was cancelled - FWIW
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 09:34 PM
I guess your sisters info answers the question.

Thanks!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Draft? - 01/25/21 09:36 PM

I ama not 100% sure but my sister lives in Indy and she was telling me that the NCAA basketball tournament was going to be there but that the combine was cancelled - FWIW

The combine has essentially been cancelled this year:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-c...scouting-event/
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 01:47 PM
I have read where Woods wants to run a 4-1-6 Defense if so Surratz can be one of the "6" No clue on his speed hopefully under 4.5
Posted By: Jester Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 02:17 PM
Most mock drafts seem to be dropping the players who opted out this year. And seemingly quit a bit. It will be interesting to see if that bears out come the actual draft, I would bet not.
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 02:33 PM
J/C - I do like Patrick Jones II. However, I'd prefer to go FA after preferably Trey Hendrickson (NO) or Lawson (CIN).

Holland out of Oregon is intriguing - if he started slipping down round 2, pending the checks the org will make, I'd try and make a move up. Saying that, I do like Moehrig, Paris Ford out of Pitt and Talanoa Hufanga out of USC. Latter round safety / CB - Tariq Thompson (San Diego State) and CB Keith Taylor (Wash). I think we need to assume Delpit and Greedy are done and if they are not its a bonus. So I'd be looking at 2 secondary guys at least in the draft, 1 perhaps in FA, if Woods is looking at 4-1-6 or 4-2-5.

These guys all have draft reports on https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

One guy I am intrigued in is Tyler Shelvin (LSU). He is a mountain of a man. The reason I'm intrigued is - we probably need to be stouter up front against the run if we are looking at more safety personnel in our formations? Shelvin is a typical nose, but I think he'd make a great 1-tech on 1st and 2nd down and on obvious passing formations you likely play 3 rushers and blitz out of the secondary. The more I read the more I like the flexibility of a 5 or 6 man backend - if you have safeties than can over the slot and CBs who can play the run and both than can blitz.

I think we need to either bring back Mitchell or look to FA for someone opposite Ward. Eric Stokes has been mocked to us in some places, FWIW.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 04:56 PM
I don't really get all of the recent cancellations / changes the NFL is coming up with. Namely cancelling the combine. It would seem, with some advance planning,the combine would be relative simple to pull off with minimal COVID danger ( when compared to actually playing games etc.) They could have established a bubble for participants and event stall while limiting team representation etc. It just seems odd to say that playing the games, having fans in the stands is OK, but the combine is not. I guess the combine does not bring in enough revenue.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 05:02 PM
I don't really get all of the recent cancellations / changes the NFL is coming up with. Namely cancelling the combine. It would seem, with some advance planning,the combine would be relative simple to pull off with minimal COVID danger ( when compared to actually playing games etc.) They could have established a bubble for participants and event stall while limiting team representation etc. It just seems odd to say that playing the games, having fans in the stands is OK, but the combine is not. I guess the combine does not bring in enough revenue.

And it would cost a ton of money to create a bubble.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 05:06 PM

And it would cost a ton of money to create a bubble.

No doubt. Each team might have over a dozen people on board. A few hundred players, media...a super spreader event in the making.

Just 1 person could more or less turn that event in to a prison. "You are in here with infected people and you can't get out".
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 05:32 PM
Link to a site I follow on twitter. Really interesting read as they go through Offseason day by day. I am all onboard with the FA pickups and draft in this link - I am biased as I think Hendrickson is a great player.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...03/#159929903_1
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 09:37 PM
My Latest Mock I Traded Out of the First Round and Picked up 3 Extra 2nd Day Picks:

Your score is: 43168 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 3 (ATL): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Azeez Ojulari, DE/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 4 (ATL): Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 5: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Ben Cleveland, C/OG, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Isaac Taylor-Stuart, CB, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Paddy Fisher, ILB/OLB, Northwestern (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 09:39 PM
Senior Bowl updates from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/jacobinfante24/status/1354177865047306242

https://twitter.com/MIATCShow/status/1354175232035221504

Sorry, I have no idea how to make the twitter images appear here.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Draft? - 01/26/21 10:21 PM

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 01:28 AM
Knowing next to nothing about any of the draft eligible players at this point — I want the linebacker from Tulsa. But also reading a little bit about him it seems highly unlikely that he will make it to 26.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 05:25 AM
I actually think that you line up the best defensive players available and take them as the board goes. DL, LB or DB, help is needed at all levels.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 10:19 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
My Latest Mock I Traded Out of the First Round and Picked up 3 Extra 2nd Day Picks:

Your score is: 43168 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 3 (ATL): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Azeez Ojulari, DE/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 4 (ATL): Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 5: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Ben Cleveland, C/OG, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Isaac Taylor-Stuart, CB, USC (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick
I’d love getting Slaton
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 05:28 PM
So here is a question that I have been wondering. We play a 4-3 base defense I believe. My understanding is that our pass rush should essentially come from the DL particularly the DE spot. That makes 4-3 defensive ends a valuable commodity. Like wise in a 3-4 OLB are a valuable commodity for their edge rush ability. Drafting an edge rusher in the first round makes sense for a 4-3 team, but. Does it make sense to go LBer in the first for a team running a 4-3 or say a 5-2 frequently? It seems like the LB in that defense would not have quite the same value as in a 3-4 defense, no?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 05:40 PM
There seem to be trends that I think will make which position we select problematic. Edge rushers and CB's tend to go early. You have a run at those positions which tends to deplete the talent level at those positions rather quickly.

The more rare and valuable the position, the quicker they are drafted. QB's, LT's, edge rushers and CB's start going off the board pretty quickly. At #26 it means you either have to reach at certain positions or draft much higher rated players at other positions.

This is a situation we haven't been in for a while. How it will all unfold at this point is anyone's guess.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 06:11 PM
Moving up into the Teens ( in the first ) and Drafting Zaven Collins will go a long way in covering up for Woods play calling . The type of MLB that we have longed for ( well I have , lol )
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 06:15 PM
I’ve always thought the center of your team makes your team, regardless of the sport (catcher, pitcher, CF) or (PG, C) or (QB, OL, RB, C, MLB, S) ... you need to be strong at the core of your unit.

We desperately need a DT, LB, and S
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 06:32 PM
That's exactly how you do it ( my opinion ) !
Posted By: FATE Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Moving up into the Teens ( in the first ) and Drafting Zaven Collins will go a long way in covering up for Woods play calling . The type of MLB that we have longed for ( well I have , lol )

We'd have to move up to at least 16... The Raiders are a wild-card at 17, Dolphins probably will snag him at 18, if not, there's no way (imo) he survives the Titans at 22.

Maybe Belichick will swap (15), although I would expect he would want more than our extra 3rd and 4th.

Doesn't look very likely unless we ship our 2nd round pick, which I would rather not do.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 06:47 PM
Did you actually mean "covering up for his play calling" or did you mean giving him a player with the skill set to fit his scheme?

It cracks me up how we had so many injuries in the secondary but people want to use Woods as the fall guy.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 08:14 PM
Truth of the matter is , you can fill his ( Woods ) wish list of talent and I still will not like his approach .. lol .. I am an Attach Defense type of Dawg.. I feel that Woods scheme has the Defensive players , playing to many snaps .. You can call it a Prevent or a Bend but don't Break Defense ; Not my cup of tea. If he can pull it off by limiting the amount of points the opposing Teams puts up , Fantastic. I hope this cracks you up too.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Did you actually mean "covering up for his play calling" or did you mean giving him a player with the skill set to fit his scheme?

It cracks me up how we had so many injuries in the secondary but people want to use Woods as the fall guy.

It's tough watching your defense get absolutely shredded and the only response is making the scheme MORE passive.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 08:22 PM
What cracks me up even more is thinking your defense should operate the same way when you have a 25 point lead.

Everyone talks about analytics until using it on the field doesn't look the way they want it to.

But at 11-5, it worked. Sometimes what works isn't pretty, it just works.
Posted By: Jester Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 08:36 PM
Truth of the matter is , you can fill his ( Woods ) wish list of talent and I still will not like his approach .. lol .. I am an Attach Defense type of Dawg.. I feel that Woods scheme has the Defensive players , playing to many snaps .. You can call it a Prevent or a Bend but don't Break Defense ; Not my cup of tea. If he can pull it off by limiting the amount of points the opposing Teams puts up , Fantastic. I hope this cracks you up too.

I agree with your philosophy of defense.

THe question though, is did woods run a passive defense because that was his preference or because he felt it was the best for this team given its talent level?

Has woods ever been a defensive coordinator before? IF so, what kind of defense did he run?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 09:19 PM
Everything I see is he has always been a defensive backs coach since he left college...as a player, not coach.

There isn't anything to show what he has done as a coordinator.

The only thing to go on is his stating he wants to run a nickel as his base D, dropping a linebacker.

Just to bring up a name from the past, it sounds like a Peppers type player is what he seeks.

I keep seeing that Zaven Collins is a player we might want, yet it almost seems like he is the type of player we might be looking to dump from the line-up. I think a hybrid safety type is what we are looking for.
Posted By: Jester Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 09:34 PM
Good info and take
I think Woods ideal draft pick would be the Lb out of ND with the weird name.
Unlikely that he falls to us. Wonder if he might be a player we would trade up for?
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/27/21 09:42 PM
Pair of edge guys. Roche looks nice.

Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 01/28/21 03:10 PM
I hope to see the mentioned preference of Woods. 4-1-6 Defense. It intrigues me and I love innovative concepts.

We got Ward, Delpit, Harrison, Greedy, Joseph, Mitchell

(Johnson, Sandejo, Redwine as alternates) for the 6 and we UPGRADE from there.

The "ONE" I would guess Phillips right now the coaches seemed to be very impressed with him - hard for us to tell as he came in the end of the season as a rookie to play. But again it seemed the coaches were high on him and he took over the MIKE position.

jmho
The front 4 Garrett, Clayborn, Larry O and Sheldon Richardson.

We also have Elliot DT, Taylor DT, Gustin DE as rotation guys

We will upgrade wherever possible.

I think Garrett and Richardson are the only two cemented on our roster. The rest mentioned gave some quality reps but will be upgraded from FA and/or the draft
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/28/21 03:25 PM
I thought big Vince played well down the stretch when he come on. Definitely a solid part of the rotation.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 01/28/21 03:54 PM
You are probably right .. Why I am not happy ..lol
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 01/28/21 03:57 PM
were 11-5 bec8ause we played the NFC East ..lol
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Draft? - 01/28/21 03:58 PM
Well that certainly didn't hurt. wink
Posted By: Dave Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 03:08 PM
2021 Senior Bowl

DATE: Saturday, January 30, 2021
TIME: 1:30pm CT
WHERE: Mobile, Alabama
STADIUM: University of South Alabama, Hancock Whitney Stadium
TELEVISION: NFL Network

Rosters

"National Team" roster:

School First Name Last Name Pos

Virginia Tech Divine Deablo DB
Washington Keith Taylor DB
Oregon Thomas Graham Jr. DB
Oklahoma Tre Brown DB
Michigan Ambry Thomas DB
California Camryn Bynum DB
Oklahoma State Rodarius Williams DB
Pittsburgh Damar Hamlin DB
Oklahoma Tre Norwood DB
Minnesota Benjamin St-Juste DB
San Diego State Darren Hall DB
Ohio State Jonathon Cooper DL
Washington Levi Onwuzurike DL
UCLA Osa Odighizuwa DL
Pittsburgh Rashad Weaver DL
Pittsburgh Patrick Jones II DL
Notre Dame Adetokunbo Ogundeji DL
Notre Dame Daelin Hayes DL
Coastal Carolina Tarron Jackson DL
Northern Iowa Elerson Smith DL
Texas Ta’Quon Graham DL
Penn State Shaka Toney EDGE
Michigan Ben Mason FB
TCU Garret Wallow LB
Oregon State Hamilcar Rashed Jr. LB
Ohio State Justin Hilliard LB
Ohio State Baron Browning LB
Ohio State Tuf Borland LB
North Carolina Chazz Surratt LB
West Virginia Tony Fields II LB
Purdue Derrick Barnes LB
Notre Dame Robert Hainsey OL
Nebraska Brenden Jaimes OL
Northern Iowa Spencer Brown OL
North Dakota State Dillon Radunz OL
Middle Tennessee Robert Jones OL
Cincinnati James Hudson III OL
Oklahoma Creed Humphrey OL
Oklahoma Adrian Ealy OL
Notre Dame Aaron Banks OL
California Jake Curhan OL
Wisconsin-Whitewater Quinn Meinerz OL
Texas Sam Ehlinger QB
Notre Dame Ian Book QB
Arkansas Feleipe Franks QB
Oklahoma Rhamondre Stevenson RB
UCLA Demetric Felton RB
North Carolina Michael Carter RB
Alabama Najee Harris RB
Virginia Tech Khalil Herbert RB
Virginia Tony Poljan TE
Ole Miss Kenny Yeboah TE
Boston College Hunter Long TE
Notre Dame Ben Skowronek WR
Louisville Desmond Fitzpatrick WR
Western Michigan D’Wayne Eskridge WR
South Dakota St. Cade Johnson WR
Oklahoma State Tylan Wallace WR
Michigan Nico Collins WR
Arizona State Frank Darby WR
Alabama DeVonta Smith WR
Wake Forest Sage Surratt WR

“American Team” roster:

School First Name Last Name Pos

Missouri Joshuah Bledsoe DB
Georgia DJ Daniel DB
Missouri Tyree Gillespie DB
LSU JaCoby Stevens DB
Florida State Hamsah Nasirildeen DB
Florida Shawn Davis DB
Central Florida Richie Grant DB
North Carolina Central Bryan Mills DB
Georgia Mark Webb DB
Central Florida Aaron Robinson DB
Central Arkansas Robert Rochell DB
Syracuse Ifeatu Melifonwu DB
Kansas State Wyatt Hubert DE
Florida State Marvin Wilson DL
Wake Forest Carlos Basham Jr. DL
Tulane Cameron Sample DL
Iowa Chauncey Golston DL
Georgia Malik Herring DL
Houston Payton Turner DL
USC Marlon Tuipulotu DL
Florida State Janarius Robinson EDGE
Miami Quincy Roche EDGE
Baylor William Bradley-King EDGE
Northwestern Paddy Fisher LB
Virginia Charles Snowden LB
South Alabama Riley Cole LB
LSU Jabril Cox LB
Houston Grant Stuard LB
Georgia Monty Rice LB
Auburn KJ Britt LB
UAB Jordan Smith LB
Tennessee Trey Smith OL
Grambling State David Moore OL
Kentucky Drake Jackson OL
Iowa Alaric Jackson OL
Georgia Ben Cleveland OL
Alabama Alex Leatherwood OL
Alabama Deonte Brown OL
Texas Tech Jack Anderson OL
Texas A&M Dan Moore Jr. OL
Western Michigan Jaylon Moore OL
Texas A&M Kellen Mond QB
Florida Kyle Trask QB
Wake Forest Jamie Newman QB
Alabama Mac Jones QB
Missouri Larry Rountree III RB
Mississippi State Kylin Hill RB
Michigan Chris Evans RB
Louisiana Elijah Mitchell RB
Georgia Tre McKitty TE
Duke Noah Gray TE
Bowling Green Quintin Morris TE
SMU Kylen Granson TE
LSU Racey McMath WR
Houston Marquez Stevenson WR
UAB Austin Watkins Jr. WR
Tennessee Josh Palmer WR
South Carolina Shi Smith WR
Florida Kadarius Toney WR
Florida Trevon Grimes WR
Clemson Amari Rodgers WR
Clemson Cornell Powell WR

Posted By: Dave Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 03:13 PM
Ugh! I need a couple Advil after trying to read that. If anyone knows how to put into a "table format", please do so.

https://www.seniorbowl.com/the-game/rosters/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 03:36 PM
Shaka Toney is someone I’m going to watch
Posted By: FATE Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 05:03 PM

Would we really be allowed to have a Sione Takitaki and a Shaka Toney??
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 05:19 PM
Some good players on those rosters. I may have to watch.

Based on QB's the American team should win.
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 05:30 PM
UCF S Richie Grant has had a strong week reading the varied reports. Also Oklahoma CB Tre Norwood. Edge guys - Basham (Wake), Roche (Florida) and Toney (Penn) to keep an eye on.

I also think - having read so many things now since the divisional game - that I agree we shouldnt neglect the offense. I could be convinced of going after someone like Curtis Samuels. In the senior bowl - Western D’Wayne Eskridge out of W. Mich looks electric. Shi Smith also. Devonta Smith is also playing.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 05:45 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE

Would we really be allowed to have a Sione Takitaki and a Shaka Toney??

haha jimmy D would earn his money
Posted By: FATE Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 05:56 PM
rofl Good stuff bro!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 06:25 PM
Paddy Fisher LB Northwestern is someone to look at in the late rounds ...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Draft? - 01/30/21 06:42 PM
He might have that "Boy Named Sue" edge to him.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 02/01/21 06:25 PM
This time I traded back from 26 to 31 and then traded out of the first round again and picked up 2 extra 2nds and 2 extra 3rds and still got my top target in Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame thumbsup

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 4 (MIA): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Patrick Jones, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (T.B.): Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina (A-)
Round 3 Pick 17 (MIA): Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 27: ArDarius Washington, FS/SS, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29 (BUF): Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Matt Allen, C, Michigan State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 02/01/21 06:41 PM
Our defense would be much improved with that
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Draft? - 02/02/21 12:06 AM
Originally Posted By: The Collector

Was doing some looking around at some LBs that might potentially be in the second or third rounds and this dude stood out to me.

Something tells me Swish is going to advocate this guy and want to get his Browns jersey...
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Draft? - 02/02/21 12:49 AM
This time I traded back from 26 to 31 and then traded out of the first round again and picked up 2 extra 2nds and 2 extra 3rds and still got my top target in Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame thumbsup

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 4 (MIA): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Patrick Jones, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (T.B.): Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina (A-)
Round 3 Pick 17 (MIA): Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 27: ArDarius Washington, FS/SS, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29 (BUF): Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Matt Allen, C, Michigan State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick

I honestly think you are playing against a random number generator. Chances for this are slim and none, and slim left town.
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 02/02/21 02:00 PM
Looks good on paper...I just don't know about the draft until I can get some SPEED data. As we just don't have enough film on everyone - speed and explosion are two difference makers for me in my thought process of building the team.

40 time and vertical leap and film is my way to look at the draft and players.

btw can you supply me with the link on that Mock draft stuff???

thanks in advance. wink
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 02/02/21 05:06 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
Looks good on paper...I just don't know about the draft until I can get some SPEED data. As we just don't have enough film on everyone - speed and explosion are two difference makers for me in my thought process of building the team.

40 time and vertical leap and film is my way to look at the draft and players.

btw can you supply me with the link on that Mock draft stuff???

thanks in advance. wink

www.first-pick.com
Posted By: bonefish Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 12:04 AM

Koramoah is an interesting guy.

Listed at 6' 1" 216 lbs. Projected as a Will lb.

When you watch tape on this guy. He looks like a safety playing linebacker.

No forty time is listed but my guess is he is 4.5 guy maybe faster.

He may be a good fit for the 4-2-5 that Woods likes to run.

He is an explosive player.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 01:27 AM
At only 216 lbs, he better be faster than 4.5 if he wants a career in the NFL. If you can't be big enough to hit, you better at least be fast enough to run them down after you bounce off.

He looks like a safety because he has the size of a safety.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 02:02 AM
https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

I think this one is more accurate. JMO
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 02:21 AM

Cleveland Browns
Joseph Ossai
EDGE, Texas

Cleveland Browns
Chazz Surratt
LB, North Carolina

Cleveland Browns
Deonte Brown
IOL, Alabama

Cleveland Browns
Hamsah Nasirildeen
S, Florida State

Cleveland Browns
Marvin Wilson
IDL, Florida State

Cleveland Browns
Dazz Newsome
WR, North Carolina

Cleveland Browns
Thomas Graham Jr.
CB, Oregon

Cleveland Browns
Tamorrion Terry
WR, Florida State

Cleveland Browns
Chauncey Golston
EDGE, Iowa
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 06:10 AM
I like this site:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 03:30 PM
I know absolutely none of these names, lol

I think maybe that's a fun aspect of picking this low.... we're not taking our pick of the top-tier Gold Chip players in every draft any longer; we're picking through the deep crop of Blue Chip guys.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: dawg66

Ok dawg66 I tried it smile

Cleveland Browns 2021 Draft :

26. Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa

58. Ifeatu Melifonwu CB, Syracuse

89. Tylan Wallace WR, Oklahoma State

91. Quincy Roche EDGE, Miami

110. Ar'Darius Washington S, TCU

130. Shaka Toney EDGE, Penn State

168. Cole Van Lanen OT, Wisconsin

206. Paddy Fisher LB, Northwestern

250. Isaiahh Loudermilk IDL, Wisconsin
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 04:25 PM
Love the Collins and Washington picks.
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 04:27 PM
Thanks my first crack at it and I did no wheeling and dealing.

Round 1 Pick 26: Jevon Holland, FS/SS, Oregon (B+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (B+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Cameron Goode, DE/OLB, California (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Josh Sills, OG, Oklahoma State (B)
Round 4 Pick 27: Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Richie Grant, FS/SS, UCF (A)
Round 6 Pick 27: Devin Taylor, CB, Illinois State (B+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Peyton Hendershot, TE, Indiana (A-)
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 04:35 PM
I like what I was hearing about Richie Grant at the senior bowl in that he is a safety that can also play all CB positions.
Posted By: Dave Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 06:09 PM

Doesn't anyone name their sons John, Joe, Mike, or Dave anymore?
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 06:44 PM
26. Zaven Collins, LB Tulsa
59. Patrick Jones, EDGE Pitt
89. Chazz Surratt, LB North Carolina
94. Andre Cisco, S Syracuse
104. DJ Daniel, CB Georgia
126. Marvin Wilson, DT Florida State
151. Deommodore Lenoir, CB Oregon
156. Robert Hainsey, OT Notre Dame
189. Benjamin St-Juste, CB Minnesota

Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 08:50 PM
Wow , both Collins and Surratt ! That would be a way to make a splash.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Draft? - 02/03/21 10:12 PM
j/c

This draft is a mixture of what I view as priorities and the things I've picked up from listening to AB and others.

Personally, I think the run defense needs to take another step so I look for a solution early.

The Browns need another pass rusher and you must draft one earlier rather than later if you expect impact. There are several good, not great options for this position.

The secondary needs a major infusion of talent and depth. Guys who can line up in multiple spots will be highly valued.

Jay Tufele
DT USC
CLE

59.Jevon Holland
S Oregon
CLE

89.Daelin Hayes
EDGE Notre Dame
CLE

94.Talanoa Hufanga
S USC
trade icon
CLE

104.Paulson Adebo
CB Stanford
CLE

126.Shi Smith
WR South Carolina
CLE

156.Tariq Thompson
S San Diego State
CLE

162.Cam Sample
DT Tulane
trade icon
CLE

189.Riley Cole
LB South Alabam
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Draft? - 02/04/21 12:22 AM
Wow , both Collins and Surratt ! That would be a way to make a splash.

I don't think either will be available at the spot I took them, but I'd be stoked if it worked out this way
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 02/04/21 11:19 AM
I only do a 4 round draft.

CLE

Azeez Ojulari
EDGE Georgia
CLE

Dylan Moses
LB Alabama
CLE

DJ Daniel
CB Georgia
CLE

Elijah Moore
WR Mississippi
CLE

Dayo Odeyingbo
EDGE Vanderbilt
CLE

Kary Vincent Jr.
CB LSU

I select nothing but SEC players. If you want the best, might as well select from the best.

The reason I only do a 4 round draft is it gets hard to find any SEC players remaining. grin
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 02/04/21 01:34 PM
I like what I was hearing about Richie Grant at the senior bowl in that he is a safety that can also play all CB positions.

I know just a BALLER...kid can play Football.

I was surprised in doing this draft thing which btw the computer made 3 of my picks as I was taking too long looking at what was available. My 1st round pick... the other two possibly one of the them I panicked and pressed the pick button while just looking at the player...lol laugh
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 02/04/21 03:21 PM
Grant had a very nice Senior Bowl week.

Guy I like is Elijah Molden (WAS). Smaller but reminds me a lot of Buddha Baker, also out of WAS. He could play Nickel and free safety - its guys like that you want in Woods' system, I would opine. Another WAS guy who had a good senior bowl week - Keith Taylor. CB, 6-3, could play outside or flex inside to safety.

Another CB I noticed from senior bowl week - Benjamin St Juste, Minn. 6-2 and can cover.

It would be great to pick up a pure free safety - someone like Moehrig, Holland - but round 2 on, you have guys like Talanoa Hufanga, Grant, Ar'darius Washington, Paris Ford, Tariq Thompson. I think there are lots of guys with good ceilings at safety in this class.

Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 02/04/21 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

Doesn't anyone name their sons John, Joe, Mike, or Dave anymore?

Different world in so many ways ...
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 02/05/21 02:33 PM
This could become addicting...lol laugh

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 26: Azeez Ojulari, DE/OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27: Paris Ford, FS/SS, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Aaron Banks, OG, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Kary Vincent Jr, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Adetokunbo Ogundeji, DE/OLB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Davis Mills, QB, Stanford (A+)
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Draft? - 02/05/21 03:02 PM
I only did four rounds, but I think I got the Defense loaded up rather well. That thing offered a TON of trades, I only made one or two. This will be more interesting after Free Agency.

28 Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
59 Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami (FL)
89 Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State
91 Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State
99 Kary Vincent Jr., CB, LSU
104 Shaun Wade, S, Ohio State
126 Daelin Hayes, EDGE, Notre Dame

I ended up grabbing Greedy's older brother, and another LSU DB, lol
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Draft? - 02/05/21 03:56 PM
Colins and Phillips is a dream
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Draft? - 02/05/21 04:05 PM
I admit, I know next to nothing about all of these guys, but what little I read while doing this, I kinda like Phillips. Good size, good production at a big school. He's only like 8 pounds lighter than Myles; he can put that on in no time, and Myles would be a FANTASTIC role model on how to play and how to be a professional.

The LSU cornerback and the OSU safety are both viewed as guys that can play multiple positions. Wade could roll at CB or Safety and even cover the slot, and Vincent, Jr can play slot or wide. It suggests speed and fluidity.

Williams, I grabbed simply because it's Greedy's older brother and the one profile I read said that he could be a slot CB.

Toglai was listed as a solid run stopper that has been growing into a more complete DT.... and that is exactly what we need.

The last guy, Hayes, I know nothing at all about except that Notre Dame's defense was pretty good and he played for them... there wasn't anyone else there that I cared to pick more and probably could have gone offense, but I felt a developmental DE for the rotation would be good.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 02/05/21 05:42 PM
Shaun Wade at Safety is interesting .. Togiai in the third or fourth would be nice. I don't trust the Edge rush class this year. I also put a LOT more value on a snobber knocker MLB ..
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Draft? - 02/05/21 06:24 PM
The edge class this year is very weak for teams that play mostly a 4-3 as all the better rushers are small guys who are better suited as 3-4 OLBs. As for Wade I saw a blurb from him somewhere in which he stated that the reason he had a not so good of year was because he had some kind of nagging injury for most of the year so he might be a steal if he drops to the 3rd or 4th rnd like some of these mocks have him going.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 02/05/21 07:18 PM
There was defiantly a difference in his play between last year and this. The kid will hit ya. Would like to see were he is slotted in the up coming draft. Never envisioned him as your # 1 kind of corrner.
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 02/06/21 10:13 AM
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...sers-160507865/
Posted By: drobs Re: Draft? - 02/06/21 10:38 AM
I've been looking at how FA and the draft may pan out. This is just my take on it and a bit of fun, opinions welcome.

Priorities:
CB (#2 and slot), FS, Edge, LB/S, WR

Assume Larry O hits FA and signs elsewhere.

FA:
CB - Mike Hilton - $7m per year as per spotrac
Edge - Carl Lawson - $8m per as per spotrac

Draft as per https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I went secondary heavy as that is the part of the class I'm most familiar with. I also took fliers on senior bowl standouts St-Juste and Brown.

This is far from the favourite draft I had - I really would have preferred Elijah Molden out of Wash as a slot / free safety or D'Wayne Eskridge out of West Mich as an electrfying WR. It is what it is.

26.Zaven Collins
LB Tulsa

59.Daviyon Nixon
DT Iowa

89.Rashad Weaver
EDGE Pitt

96.Talanoa Hufanga
S USC

104.Elijah Moore
WR Mississippi

126.Paulson Adebo
CB Stanford

156.William Bradley-King
EDGE Baylor

159.Benjamin St-Juste
CB Minnesota

189.Tre Brown
CB Oklahoma
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 02/06/21 12:44 PM
Shaun Wade at Safety is interesting .. Togiai in the third or fourth would be nice. I don't trust the Edge rush class this year. I also put a LOT more value on a snobber knocker MLB ..

Wade probably best play safety because he isn't very good at corner based on the limited amount of times I saw him play.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 02/06/21 03:18 PM
Just to add. Of the edge rushers that would seem to have the size for 4-3 DE, several have red flags ( Rousseau and Phillips). Also a guy that I thought might be a good pick for the Browns. Patrick Jones II, did not look good from what I saw of the Senior Bowl practice highlites. HE did get a sack in the game.

What about Carlos Basham? I remember, at the beginning of the season, he was pretty highly regarded but seems to have slipped.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Draft? - 02/06/21 08:56 PM

Wade probably best play safety because he isn't very good at corner based on the limited amount of times I saw him play.

He was the slot CB during the '18 and '19 seasons and played really well, enough to receive preseason mention as a possible first round pick for this years NFL draft. He struggled this year after being moved to an outside CB spot but according to Wade he had a nagging injury all year that affected his play.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Draft? - 02/07/21 01:47 PM
Quote:
He was the slot CB during the '18 and '19 seasons and played really well, enough to receive preseason mention as a possible first round pick for this years NFL draft. He struggled this year after being moved to an outside CB spot but according to Wade he had a nagging injury all year that affected his play.

Cool. I guess that explains his being 6 steps behind Devonta Smith all game in the Championship game.

Make no mistake. I think wade is a good player. I just don't think he has the speed to play man coverage, especially in the NFL.

Slot, maybe. Safety, probably, but if he was hobbled by injury, we'll see.

Just from a Browns standpoint, I don't think I would be very excited if we selected him with our 2nd round pick Third would be OK.
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 02/08/21 03:28 PM
So 40's and Vertical leap, etc. will be at each teams Pro Days? I thought a medical check and a few drills along with Interviews would have been Safer then all on their own.
NFL dropping the ball on this one.

Oh I guess now we can have the Draft Forum open up???
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 12:37 AM

A couple Michigan players I'm liking in the middle are WR Nico Collins and CB Ambry Thomas.

I think there's 2 elements missing out of our WR core (that big receiver for 50/50 balls and back throw fades...and that all important speed guy) Now Nico is big dude at 6'4 220 with 4.48 speed...He thrives in those big body contested radius catches. With him sitting out 2020, I'm sure he will be a little rusty and it may show on the combine as well...I wouldn't mind him in round 4...His ability to pluck is nice, however still rather raw.
Ambry Thomas is another guy to look at as well, He too opted out of 2020 and could be a bargain...Guy has some 4.35 speed too

Also South Carolinas WR Shi Smith reminds me a lot of Jarvis...Admittingly he is faster than Jarvis, and not as physical or thick...More or less, very strong hands, gritty, and plays bigger than their frame.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 12:58 AM
Draft One Runningback.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 02:45 PM
I do think we need a big target to add to our WR group. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida St.is another big target that had two good years and then was injured / opted out this year.

I thought Shi Smith did well in the Senior bowl.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 02:54 PM
Maybe late round for depth. I might look at CJ Verdell, Oregon. I just remember him from last season. Although I admittedly did not see many Oregon games.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 03:15 PM
DPJ is 6'2" and 212. And he looks to have a frame that he can grow a little ... I'm fine with what I saw from him as a big target. Whether OBJ can be the burner I don't know - but I am still tempted to think we would benefit from a 4.30's type burner to take the top off.
Posted By: eotab Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 04:56 PM
A lot of quality players opted out last season. I think that is to our benefit as we pick #26. Somebody really good is going to drop to us because they opted out. Hoping its the edge guy from Miami, Rousseau...I would even move up to get him.
JmhWish!
Posted By: OrangeHelmet Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 05:54 PM
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam...v75y-story.html

LSU’s Jabril Cox may be the most complete linebacker at the Senior Bowl, with his ability to rush past offensive linemen and drop back into coverage and defend opposing tight ends or inside receivers. Cox can blitz off the edge and is fast enough to get by any offensive linemen. More importantly, at the NFL level, he is a tough defender in coverage, fast enough to stay beside receiving targets while also making plays on the football.

Could be a good round 2 pick
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 06:40 PM
I do think we need a big target to add to our WR group. Tamorrion Terry WR Florida St.is another big target that had two good years and then was injured / opted out this year.

I thought Shi Smith did well in the Senior bowl.

Dontay Demus, Jr., 6'3" and 217 lbs WR out of Maryland.

I told y'all a few years ago that Stephon Diggs out of Maryland was highly undervalued because of the craptastic QBs he had to play with.. well I'm making the same prediction about Dontay Demus, Jr. I'm not saying he's going to lead the NFL in receiving the way Diggs did, but the dude is way better than he is going to get credit for.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 07:16 PM
I would say that if we do draft a big bodied WR the type of player you are describing is what we are looking for. Someone who flies under the radar due to their QB or supporting cast. Our top picks really need to focus on the D but if there is that diamond in the rough later in the draft you have to pounce.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Draft? - 02/09/21 07:21 PM
We'll see what happens leading up to the draft.. Demus is a bit more of a long shot than Diggs was. Demus is also a JR who hasn't officially declared yet (I don't think) and he might benefit from another year in college.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Draft? - 02/23/21 11:38 PM
https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

I think this one is more accurate. JMO

I gave it a shot:

Cleveland Browns
Gregory Rousseau
EDGE, Miami

Cleveland Browns
Trevon Moehrig
S, TCU

Cleveland Browns
Shaun Wade
CB, Ohio State

Cleveland Browns
Amari Rodgers
WR, Clemson

Cleveland Browns
Darius Stills
IDL, West Virginia

Cleveland Browns
Jonathon Cooper
EDGE, Ohio State

Cleveland Browns
Dan Moore Jr.
OT, Texas A&M

Cleveland Browns
Naquan Jones
IDL, Michigan State

Cleveland Browns
Anthony Hines III
LB, Texas A&M
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 12:35 AM
Not sure if it's a good thing that guys I like were littered throughout on that draft site but...

Cleveland Browns
Azeez Ojulari
EDGE, Georgia

Cleveland Browns
Jabril Cox
LB, LSU

Cleveland Browns
Alim McNeill
IDL, NC State

Cleveland Browns
Kelvin Joseph
CB, Kentucky

Cleveland Browns
Dyami Brown
WR, North Carolina

Cleveland Browns
Walker Little
OT, Stanford

Cleveland Browns
Tre Norwood
CB, Oklahoma

Cleveland Browns
Alaric Jackson
OT, Iowa

Cleveland Browns
Elijah Mitchell
RB, Louisiana

I think they over-rated a few safeties, but they usually fall anyway. Heck, if we get a Safety in Free Agency, I'd take that draft.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 12:47 AM
Using Draftnetwork's simulator.

Cleveland Browns
Trevon Moehrig
S, TCU

Cleveland Browns
Alim McNeill
IDL, NC State

Cleveland Browns
Ronnie Perkins
EDGE, Oklahoma

Cleveland Browns
Trill Williams
CB, Syracuse

Cleveland Browns
Talanoa Hufanga
S, USC

Cleveland Browns
Jaelon Darden
WR, North Texas

Cleveland Browns
Shakur Brown
CB, Michigan State

Cleveland Browns
Riley Cole
LB, South Alabama

Cleveland Browns
Cade Johnson
WR, South Dakota State
Posted By: bonefish Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 02:03 PM

Given that this discussion is before free agency right now I have two guys I am zeroing in on. Guys who may be there when we pick.

Koramoah and Moehrig.

Each player adds major speed at two levels.

Koramoah is a linebacker/safety hybrid who lines up at linebacker.

Moehrig has size and speed and can play deep FS.

Posted By: mgh888 Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 02:14 PM
Couldn't help myself ... I'd fix the Edge in free agency and then run with this:

Nick Bolton
LB, Missouri

Cleveland Browns
Jevon Holland
S, Oregon

Cleveland Browns
Jabril Cox
LB, LSU

Cleveland Browns
Dyami Brown
WR, North Carolina

Cleveland Browns
Marvin Wilson
IDL, Florida State

Cleveland Browns
Ambry Thomas
CB, Michigan

Cleveland Browns
Shakur Brown
CB, Michigan State

Cleveland Browns
Josh Ball
OT, Marshall

Cleveland Browns
Dicaprio Bootle
CB, Nebraska
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 03:33 PM
I was trying to figure out why that draft simulator site was all over the place. Their own "predictive" board is wildly different than their own player rankings.

Jabril Cox especially made me laugh. Player ranking as a borderline 1st round guy, predictive board as aa late 3rd??

There has to be a better option (even if it is only fun an games)
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 03:42 PM
I always wanted to create my own version of one of these simulators, but have the "Big Board" be driven by the people who use it. e.g. the more people take Player XYZ at #26, the more he is ranked as being #26. So, even if the rest of the world has a guy ranked in the Top 10, if all the users consistently let the guy drop to the 2nd round, that's where the big board would rank him.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 07:27 PM
nfl mock draft database.com
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 09:29 PM
Wow they have us passing on Collins / Moehrig & Barmore !
Posted By: bonefish Re: Draft? - 02/24/21 10:58 PM

And Koramoah which I don't see happening.

He is the one guy that if he is there I do not see us passing on.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Draft? - 02/25/21 03:13 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

And Koramoah which I don't see happening.

He is the one guy that if he is there I do not see us passing on.

I like JOK on paper better than I do on tape. Don't get me wrong, he has some nice looking highlights. But, he kind of reminds me of an Obi Melifonwu type coming out. He has some nice looking tools, but a lot will depend on where he lands and How he takes to the coaching. I doubt he goes unblocked on blitzes as much as he did in college at the next level without getting better at disguising it. I'm also curious to see how he does in the change of direction drills at his pro day. Depending on who's available when we pick, I wouldn't hate it, but I see some bust potential.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Draft? - 02/25/21 04:01 AM

Jayson Oweh
Edge, Penn State

Kelvin Joseph
CB, Kentucky

Jabril Cox
LB, LSU

Andre Cisco
S, Syracuse

Cameron Sample
DL, Tulane

Caden Sterns
S, Texas

Jaelon Darden
WR, North Texas

Only did 5 rounds and there were already a ton of names I had no clue about. I've been slacking apparently.

Would have liked to have worked in a DT somewhere, but maybe we can sign Rankins or Robertson Harris in FA.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Draft? - 02/25/21 01:51 PM

Two things stand out with JOK.

Instincts and speed at the position.

I see him as part of the new group of faster, lighter linebackers who could play safety.

With what Woods is trying to set up. He is the perfect fit.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Draft? - 02/25/21 02:46 PM
Wow they have us passing on Collins / Moehrig & Barmore !

My thoughts on that are;

I like Collins, but he has never played with his hand in the dirt, so there is much projection there to EDGE ... also he is probably not a good fit for a 43 LBer.

Moehrig might be the top Safety of the class, but he has an early day two grade and a team can probably Draft back and still select him at the top of round two.

Barmore is probably still an option @ pick 26.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Draft? - 02/25/21 07:27 PM
I like Collins at the middle lb spot .. Now there seems to be some debate about his speed ; will have to see how that plays out. I liked four guys that I thought might in striking range of 26 . Barmore , Collins , Moehrig and at corrner Jayzee Horn .. This was some time ago before much draft buss was going on.. I see were Horn has become a hot prospect on draft Boards. I just didn't see an Edge at 26.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Draft? - 02/26/21 02:40 AM
I like Collins at the middle lb spot .. Now there seems to be some debate about his speed ; will have to see how that plays out. I liked four guys that I thought might in striking range of 26 . Barmore , Collins , Moehrig and at corrner Jayzee Horn .. This was some time ago before much draft buss was going on.. I see were Horn has become a hot prospect on draft Boards. I just didn't see an Edge at 26.

I just don't forsee us (with their draft philosophy) spending a first round selection on the LB position.

The EDGE that might be available (due to medical concerns) to us @ 26 and is still only 21 years old,
is Jaelan Phillips, who I think is the top rushing EDGE of this class, but is still a work in progress vs the run and setting the edge.

I would rather see if we can't check EDGE off of our list in FA.

If a CB we like is on the board @ 26 then I see us going there.
© DawgTalkers.net