DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: RedBaron Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 06:43 PM
Ahhhh...holiday weekends waiting for my girlfriend to get out of bed at 1pm.

Decided to make my own mock of the 1st round (gasp*). Alas, as it is February, I could only bring my self to put in one trade up (yes, it's for a QB).

Anyways...

1) Don't ask- Jacksonville Jaguars

2) Zach Wilson- NY Jets: The Jets also trade Sam Darnold to the Chicago Bears for their 2nd round (52nd) pick after fielding offers from the Colts (who pick right after the Bears at 54).

3) Penei Sewell- Miami Dolphins.

4) Justin Fields- Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons will likely have no choice but to restructure Matt Ryan and look to move on in 2022.

5) Trey Lance*- Carolina Panthers: With Sewell off the board, the Bengals move down and receive Carolina's 1st and both their 2021 3rd and 2022 3rd round picks. A hefty price, but it's a QB and they had to outbid the Broncos.

6) Ja'Marr Chase- Philadelphia Eagles: After gutting their receiving core to get under the cap, the Eagles take the best receiver they can get.

7) DeVante Smith- Detroit Lions: The Lions successfully bring back one of their receivers, but you need more than one. Smith gets the nod due to his ability to get open underneath and give Goff a reliable target.

8) Christian Darrisaw*- Cincinnati Bengals: A slight reach, but Cincinnati has to address that O-line. Right Tackle is a must.

9) Caleb Farley- Denver Broncos: AJ Bouye is gone. This one is easy with the top 4 QB's all out.

10) Patrick Surtain II- Dallas Cowboys: Regardless of what style of defense they run out there, the Cowboys secondary is unacceptable.

11) Kyle Pitts- NY Giants: They need receivers and Pitts is the most valuable, albeit slightly, over Waddle.

12) Rashawn Slater- San Francisco 49ers: Trent Williams is aging and the QB options are gone. Slater may start on the inside in year one if they can bring back Williams.

13) Micah Parsons- LA Chargers: The Chargers defense cost them games. This came down to Kwitty Paye and Parsons, but Parsons is too good of a value here and can remind Chargers fans what it feels like to have the other team say "Oww!"

14) Kwitty Paye- Minnesota Vikings: Speaking of Kwitty Paye, the Vikings need pass rush across from Danielle Hunter.

15) Christian Barmore- New England Patriots: Waiting for the argument smile Bill loves Alabama defenders and Parsons is off the board. Wise and Guy are pending Free Agents and Guy will be 31. Waddle would be a nice alternative, but the Patriots defense is getting too old, too quickly. Re-load.

16) Jaylen Waddle-Arizona Cardinals: Speaking of Waddle, someone has to stretch the field in Arizona for Nuke to go off.

17) Azeez Ojulari- Las Vegas Raiders: Another year, another Raiders' reach. This time for the most athletic pass-rusher in the class. They have to find something better than Nassib on 3rd downs. Even if Ojulari won't be an every down player until year two.

18) Zaven Collins- Miami Dolphins: A toss up between Collins and the WR, Kadarius Toney. Collins scheme fit is too good here and after solidifying the middle of that LBer group, he can easily move over to replace Kyle Van Noy in year two if needed. Van Noy's cap hit is unacceptable.

19) Kadarius Toney- Washington No Names- Speaking of Kadarius Toney. The WFT need offensive play makers.

20) Alijah Vera-Tucker- Chicago Bears: Toney is off the board and there is not a WR worth the slot here. The Bears have needed offensive line help since time out of mind it seems.

211) Jaycee Horn- Indianapolis Colts: I'm not the biggest Horn fan, but the Colts need secondary and pass rush. WR value isn't here and Rousseau doesn't fit what they do in my opinion.

22) Gregory Rousseau- Tennessee Titans: Speaking off Rousseau. He is a large human being who generated almost all of his pass-rush between the guard and tackle. He does fit Tennessee across from Simmons.

23) Teven Jenkins- New York Jets: I thought about WR and LB here, but the WR value still isn't there for me and neither is the rush LBer. Protect your new QB better than you did your last one. Right Tackle across from the mountain.

24) Dillon Radunz- Pittsburgh Steelers: OK, I admit, Jenkins went to NY above so that the Steelers would have to reach to address that abhorrent O-line (currently consisting of...errr...David Decastro and...and...and...) What a lovely time to be alive!

25) Trevon Moehrig- Jacksonville Jaguars: JOK would be a better value here but the Jags have already dumped too much into their off-ball LBers. Their safety play was pretty horrific after they traded away thee wrong guy and the O-Tackle value is dried up.

26) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah- Cleveland Browns: I normally shy away from off-ball LBers and RB's in the first round, but the the fit here is too good. A LBer who can line up and cover TE's and RBs out of the slot is needed on this squad.

27) Rashad Bateman- Baltimore Ravens- Still not completely sold on the value here, but the Ravens WR room is in trouble and there isn't much for them to plug into their front seven on defense to make up for all those pending free agents. Jayson Oweh or Joseph Ossai might be alternatives here since the Edge Rushers may be gone by the time they pick again.

28) Mac Jones- I kind off hate this pick and think the Saints should just let the bomb drop this year and get a QB next year. But then...kind of have to wait to see who is even on their team for 2021 before guessing at a draft target.

29) Nick Bolton- Green Bay Packers: Fans in Wisconsin can keep their fingers crossed that the Ravens decide to address there depleting defense, but in this case Batemaan is gone. An edge rusher to eventually replace Preston Smith would be good too as the Packers have 38 million per year dedicated to the Smith brothers and that is simply unsustainable. For now, someone in thee middle as the Kirsey signing was a waste.

30) Travis Etienne- Buffalo Bills. Laziness on my part as I had to throw in the obligatory 1st round RB. In truth, looking at an Edge player such as Jayson Oweh or Jaelan Phillips would be the smarter move as Hughes and Addison have passed the "aging" moniker at this point.

31) Wyattt Davis- Kansas City Chiefs. See the Super Bowl. Unacceptable interior O-line play even if their tackles come back healthy.

32) Jaelen Phillips- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs are in win-now mode all the way and can afford to take a risk on someone with serious injury concerns as long as they can make an impact right away.

Still can't decide if I want to put Jayson Oweh in there somewhere, but, meh, it's just a mock. smile

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 06:48 PM
I’m good with any LB or DL
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 07:22 PM
Nice effort, Baron. p.s. Watch out for Snoopy in the sun...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 07:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m good with any LB or DL

I'm good with any LB, DT, Edge or CB I think Safety will be fine with a healthy Delpit maybe add a FA thumbsup
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 09:31 PM
Nice effort. I think Mac to the Saints is a good pick. I might give them Trask instead.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 09:44 PM
I commend the effort. If the draft were to fall like this I don't see the Browns passing on Jaelen Phillips, especially for a linebacker. I don't think the present regime values the position enough to take an LB in round one.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 10:11 PM
I wouldn't take any College player with an injury history. We should have learned from our past mistakes.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I commend the effort. If the draft were to fall like this I don't see the Browns passing on Jaelen Phillips, especially for a linebacker. I don't think the present regime values the position enough to take an LB in round one.

Normally i might agree.

The problem with Phillips is his injury history.

You do know he retired from football a few years ago due to multiple concussions, don't you?

He is a great talent, but I wouldn't draft Phillips at all. Let some other team deal with his brain injury.
Posted By: Jester Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 10:33 PM
I I don't think the present regime values the position enough to take an LB in round one.

How does it affect your opinion of the pick if the Browns were to consider JOK a safety?
Not an unreasonable evaluation given his size and speed.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 10:51 PM
For all intents that is what he would be.

We have made no bones that we would prefer to run a 4-2-5. He would be excellent as that "box safety" type player.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 11:15 PM
Justin Fields will go #1 to Jacksonville. #count it
Posted By: KashDawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/15/21 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I don't see this happening. I get the OSU connection, but I personally believe that Urban took the Jacksonville job because of Trevor Lawrence. With a few other pieces he can win right away with him. Trevor is a much better passing version of Tebow, and Urban has his most success with QB's that he can count on to run his spread type offense.

Running the table in 2014 and getting the natty was an anomaly but remember who the top 2 QB's were that season. Strong runners that have deep ball accuracy and can stretch the field with their legs. Justin is a phenomenal talent, but still is slow to go through his reads. Trevor is the first pick hands down.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 12:00 AM
Is that you Throw Long?

No way, no how.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Normally I might agree.

The problem with Phillips is his injury history.

Not really an ACC guy so I wasn't familiar with his medical history. I know that medical evaluations will be challenging in this draft season due to Covid. Of course, if there are medial red flags that would change my mind.

Originally Posted By: Jester
How does it affect your opinion of the pick if the Browns were to consider JOK a safety?
Not an unreasonable evaluation given his size and speed.

Before selecting him in the first round I'd want to know that he's taken considerable reps at safety. Has he?

I think he's a fine player.

Given what little we've been told about the Browns defensive approach I'm not sure the fit is there especially at #26. If CB or a legitimate 4-3 DE don't make sense at the pick I see the team going BPA at a position within the scheme they want to run. Probably interior DL or WR.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 03:33 AM
Not likely to happen but Jax should use that #1 pick as a start for a package to get Watson. I get it’s within the division.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 06:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Is that you Throw Long?

No way, no how.

watch the show QB1 it will change your mind along with how he played at OSU.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 06:12 AM
Originally Posted By: KashDawg
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I don't see this happening. I get the OSU connection, but I personally believe that Urban took the Jacksonville job because of Trevor Lawrence. With a few other pieces he can win right away with him. Trevor is a much better passing version of Tebow, and Urban has his most success with QB's that he can count on to run his spread type offense.

Running the table in 2014 and getting the natty was an anomaly but remember who the top 2 QB's were that season. Strong runners that have deep ball accuracy and can stretch the field with their legs. Justin is a phenomenal talent, but still is slow to go through his reads. Trevor is the first pick hands down.

Actually, I just think Fields is a better QB. (watch the show QB1) It really will change your perspective of this kid. He is the real deal and has been since HS.

Once you get past the media hype here are the stats:

Trevor Lawrence (24 games)Justin Fields (20 games) comparison since 2019:
~Lawrence: 58 TD passes, 16 rushing TDs, 12 INTs, 7,192 total yards, 67.2 completion percentage.

~Fields: 56 TD passes, 14 rushing TDs, eight INTs, 5,552 total yards, 68.9 completion percentage.

Fields will end up being the better QB imo. he is grounded, doesn't get frazzled, and he is a true leader.

Lawrence couldn't even handle a ditry stash comment.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 06:26 AM
Fields is not even going to be the second QB taken.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 12:58 PM
I think Lawrence then Wilson then Fields will be the QB order

I also think Lance will go higher
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 05:33 PM
j/c

I don't put much stock in any draft pundit's selection-by-selection mock over another. Still, I found two interesting selections in Daniel Jeremiah's Mock 2.0. Interesting because these are guys I like whose media-based draft grades seem lower than deserved. It kind of validates my perceptions of the players, honestly.

So, he has Gregg Newsome II going 21st to the Colts. The Northwestern Cornerback has been productive, physical and competitive as an outside corner in the Big 10. Twenty-one is in our neighborhood. Maybe we consider him if Surtain, Horn and Farley are all gone as expected.

The other player who isn't garnering much first-round attention that I really like is Ronnie Perkins, DE of Oaklahoma. Jeremiah has him going 23rd to the Jets. His measurables seem a tad light for the Browns taste, It's estimated he's like 6'3", 250ish. (We had a dude about this size whose GF died in a tragic car accident. Mike ?) But he plays much bigger than his listed size. He has had impressive reps rushing the passer with speed and power. He is very competent at setting the edge and he also produced as a run-stopping DE.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 05:40 PM
I don't really know much about Ronnie Perkins but the versatility you describe is exactly what we need.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 07:11 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't really know much about Ronnie Perkins but the versatility you describe is exactly what we need.

I think he would be part of an answer for Lamar, and other mobile QB's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PFHNIA_dYc
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 11:31 PM
What's a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah????????????????
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/16/21 11:37 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

He's just OK.

See what I did there? Eh?

Eh?

Dad jokes...yeah!
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/17/21 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

you are coorrect, he will go #1 LOL
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/17/21 03:01 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3091...der-source-says
Trevor Lawrence undergoes surgery on left (non-throwing) shoulder, source says
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/17/21 11:21 AM
I asked in an earlier post if JOK had taken many reps at Safety. Then I stumbled on to an article on Dawg Pound Daily that suggests that he has. This new (for me) information does influence my perception of the player. It at least puts him in the mix for consideration at 26. I know he'll go high so depending on what we do in FA he might be a realistic first-round option.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/17/21 10:48 PM
Jay Tufele would fill the hole created by the departure of Ogunjobi, nicely.

Posted By: Jester Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/17/21 11:27 PM
I have seen a lot of mock drafts with the Browns taking him in the 2nd round. I have had a hard time imagining him lasting that long.

Is he a guy you would consider with pick #26?
Would you trade down and snag him early round 2?
Would you trade up in round 2 to get him?
Or would you sit tight and hope that he falls to us in round 2?
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/17/21 11:48 PM
We can't address all of our defensive holes in free agency. If we sign Watt or another top-tier DE and one veteran secondary player that seems like our limit.

If the team signs Watt alone, I would consider Tufele seriously at 26. I might be willing to trade down near the bottom of the first round but not out of round one. I'd want 5 years of control on the player.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/18/21 02:27 AM

Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/18/21 04:13 PM
JC...

I think Ronnie Perkins shows well on tape, my biggest issue with him is off the field...But I wouldn't mind looking at him if he's there come round 3.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/18/21 04:24 PM
PS Baron, you did a good job on that mock...and I know how time consuming that could be, keep up the good work!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/18/21 07:20 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
JC...

I think Ronnie Perkins shows well on tape, my biggest issue with him is off the field...But I wouldn't mind looking at him if he's there come round 3.

Honestly, I'm curious about what happens with the NFL/country at large and weed in the near future. If a failed drug test due to marijuana was all it was, it's not necessarily a huge red flag for me. I'd rather a guy smoked than was addicted to pills/shots and booze. Unfortunately, the rules don't reflect that, yet. Pain management in this country is a mess.

I don't know where I'd stack Perkins at this point. It seems harder to find cut ups of full games than in the past, and many of my old go to sites for draft related content seem to have put up pay walls for the good stuff. Perkins seems to have some nice tools, but it's hard to get a good read from the limited "film" I've come across. Not sure if I care enough to try to go through full games and try to pick guys out much more.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/18/21 09:57 PM
Didn't they take away the penalties for a positive weed test in the last CBA?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/18/21 11:19 PM
Didn't they take away the penalties for a positive weed test in the last CBA?

That is what I thought. I didn't think they tested for that any longer.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/18/21 11:20 PM
Yes, I do believe they did. It was why Josh Gordon was once again trying his reinstatement schtick.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/19/21 12:26 AM
I think they limited the window for testing and raised the threshold. Moved the punishment/treatment to a neutral party. At least that's what I seem to be seeing.

I doubt Perkins lasts to the 3rd unless there's more off field stuff. Especially where we're picking this year.

Daviyon Nixon, 3T, Iowa is looking interesting to me if we get an Edge player in free agency. Probably even if we don't. Interior pressure is always nice.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/19/21 04:06 AM
www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/nfl-cba-marijuana-suspensions/amp
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draftf - 02/19/21 04:05 PM
For the sake of conversation I will give my reasons for preferring Tufelle over Nixon. Nixon is a excellent athlete and he combines movement skills and pass rushing ability. He projects very well as a penetrating 3Tech.

Tufelle lines up qiute a bit as a 1Tech, where Ogunjobi and the opt out guy from the Bengals play. If the team doesn't resign Larry O then we have a depth problem at that position. Tufelle can rotate there and also take reps at the 3Tech. Does Nixon offer this type of versatility?
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draftf - 02/19/21 04:46 PM
The reality of it all is that we have finally reached that status of good team where we are in the last 10 picks of the round.

And we got only two picks possibly with some trading get another 2nd rounder making the number 3.

The point I'm getting around to making is that in the first 64 picks there are some really really good Defensive players.

Definitely like that kid from USC. Edge Rusher, CB with good cover skills. The rest of the rounds you pick up mostly DBs with mad tackling skills as that is going to comprise of possibly 6 guys in our defense but DL edge we to get at #26 probably as they will go fast.

We could get the BEST TE, OG, SS, ILB in the 2nd round....DBs should be there for the taking throughout the draft rounds there after.

jmho
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/19/21 04:58 PM
For the sake of conversation I will give my reasons for preferring Tufelle over Nixon. Nixon is a excellent athlete and he combines movement skills and pass rushing ability. He projects very well as a penetrating 3Tech.

Tufelle lines up qiute a bit as a 1Tech, where Ogunjobi and the opt out guy from the Bengals play. If the team doesn't resign Larry O then we have a depth problem at that position. Tufelle can rotate there and also take reps at the 3Tech. Does Nixon offer this type of versatility?

I'd rather have the guy with more upside as far as affecting the QB and making plays in the backfield.

Aaron Donald types get paid/have more value. I'm not saying Nixon is Aaron Donald, but I prefer BPA over "need." Versatility is great down the line in the draft, but I prefer special traits/skills early. I give a bit of a premium for affecting the passer. The AFC North, outside of us, isn't really a run first division any more. I mean Baltimore is kind of run heavy, but I think Nixon is a better fit for trying to corral Lamar. Negative/Big plays seems to be becoming more and more the name of the game with NFL defenses. 1T's have value, but I don't think a first round premium for one is a good use of resources. I'd use round 3 and later to address potential depth issues.

I do need to watch more of Tufele. I think part of my hesitancy with him is how bad the OL he's beating in the few highlights I've seen seem to be. But, I really haven't dug into this draft in general much yet. It's not nearly as tantalizing picking at 26 as it is top 10. The likelihood of "my guys" getting picked before we're on the clock is slightly off-putting. Plus, the pandemic/life has made living and dying with the draft/a game seem kind of silly. Don't get me wrong, I still find it interesting, but not nearly as all-consuming as I did there for a bit.

Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/19/21 05:53 PM
Good post. For me, part of it is games like the Raiders game where we got dominated. Mixon gives us fits and until 2020 we had no answer for Connor. Tufelle intrigues me because he is a balanced run and pass defender. Where we woould have him is the question. Of course 2 is better than 1.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/19/21 09:26 PM
For clarity, I mean round 2 would be a better draft slot to take the player than round 1.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/23/21 12:57 AM
Your score is: 45977 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30 (BUF): Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27: Dylan Moses, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (N.O.): Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 3 Pick 35 (DAL): Ar'Darius Washington, FS/SS, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (N.O.): Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Ronnie Perkins, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (DAL): Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Paddy Fisher, ILB/OLB, Northwestern (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Chauncey Golston, DE/OLB, Iowa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Blake Haubeil, K, Ohio State (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/23/21 01:00 PM
I’d love to get Dylan Moses in the 2nd
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/23/21 04:19 PM
I despise Dylan Moses. smile

I've never seen a LBer struggle so wildly to actually find the freaking ball carrier! He spent the last year running past or away from the ball carrier like he was looking for someone to block him. Either that or he was standing in the middle of the field bouncing up and down like Sonic the Hedgehog on pause.

It hurt my soul. I had so much hope for him to show out this year.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/23/21 04:45 PM
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/23/21 04:58 PM
My Day 1 & Day 2 Selections:

1:26 -- Asante Samuel Jr., CB FSU
/ Jay Tufele, DL USC
^
2:58 -- Jabril Cox, LB LSU

3:89 -- Tommy Togiai, DL OSU

3:91 -- Victor Dimukeje, EDGE Duke
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/23/21 10:45 PM

Which is crazy superconfused
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/25/21 01:00 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not really.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/25/21 11:12 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Not really.

Yea ... It Is superconfused
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/25/21 11:32 PM
Apparently he may not even be the 3rd... *gasp
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/25/21 11:48 PM
When you look at him being an Ohio State QB, it's not a surprise at all that he won't be taken highly. Ohio State just does NOT produce QB's for the NFL. When you look at his post-season performances compared to Trevor Lawrence and then factor in Lawrence being the consensus #1 overall, then yes, it IS very surprising that Fields isn't being talked about going higher. When you further add in that Fields' two years of performance in the Big10 validates his limited play as a freshman in the SEC, you *really* have to wonder.... especially since, statistically in terms of ratings, Fields outplayed Lawrence in a number of major categories (rating, INT, TD, avg Yd/attempt, etc...).

When you look at it like that, there's actually pretty solid reasoning to consider Fields' at #1 instead of Lawrence, and I'm no OSU fan boy saying that.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/25/21 11:50 PM
It's hard to tell where he'll go. I mean the NFL's probably trying to keep the drama of his rise to number one under wraps til draft day.

saywhat
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/26/21 02:01 AM
The key thing to remember is...none of these quarterbacks matter.
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/26/21 04:32 PM
The kid from BYU is pretty good Pastor, take a look at him. forget his competition look at his base and his technique - his arm strength and accuracy. Then Compare the two.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/26/21 05:04 PM
Originally Posted By: RedBaron

I'd argue that we want to inflate all the QBs' values as much as possible, so that there are more players at other positions for us to choose from when we're on the clock.

I mean, come on, there are obviously 5 generational QB prospects in this draft, and not enough people are talking about Senior Bowl MVP Kellen Mond. thumbsup
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/28/21 11:37 PM
New Mock No Trades:

Round 1 Pick 26: Zaven Collins, ILB/OLB, Tulsa (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: JR Pace, FS/SS, Northwestern (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Blake Haubeil, K, Ohio State (A-)
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/28/21 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
The kid from BYU is pretty good Pastor, take a look at him. forget his competition look at his base and his technique - his arm strength and accuracy. Then Compare the two.

He is good I didn't say he isn't I have him as my 3rd QB in this draft I just think Fields is a better QB ...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 02/28/21 11:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted By: RedBaron

I'd argue that we want to inflate all the QBs' values as much as possible, so that there are more players at other positions for us to choose from when we're on the clock.

I mean, come on, there are obviously 5 generational QB prospects in this draft, and not enough people are talking about Senior Bowl MVP Kellen Mond. thumbsup

I hope your right and 6 QB's go before we draft smile
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/01/21 12:01 AM

I hope your right and 6 QB's go before we draft smile

I think 4 will be gone 'for sure' ... I think 5 is very probable. . . 6? Possible but I don't think so.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/02/21 08:03 AM

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/02/21 07:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Love his speed and quickness, he explodes into ball carriers and separates the ball, and I love his pass coverage skills, could be our pick at #26 if he is still on the board thumbsup
Posted By: Jester Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/02/21 08:16 PM
While it is possible that he makes it to #26, it seems highly unlikely.

Would you package a 3rd and a 4th to move up to get him?
What if it required our 2nd rounder?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/02/21 10:04 PM

I have been pimping this guy for a month.

He is a perfect fit for the Browns and Wood's defense.

I am sure the Browns are all over him.

The question is how will the draft lay out.

If we had to move up to say 18 and send a mid round pick.

I would.

Not sure how Berry will play this.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/02/21 10:12 PM
Our 2nd 4th and the 6th to go up to 21, sure.

Once you get past the top 100 it's any man's guess. Half of those kids barely played this year. The 1st 2 days are at least prospects who played enough and have enough athleticism to be comfortable with them.

Heck I'd probably trade any pick 5th round or later for picks next year. smile
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/03/21 12:24 AM
I still think he's too little to play LB for us.
Safety, sure, but not LB.... not at 216#
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/03/21 02:12 AM
While it is possible that he makes it to #26, it seems highly unlikely.

Would you package a 3rd and a 4th to move up to get him?
What if it required our 2nd rounder?

Nope, I'm not sure I would take him if he fell to us. I might, but there's no way I am trading up for him unless his pro day goes much better than I expect as far as measurements and (non-40 yd dash, which will likely be good) times.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/03/21 03:58 AM
JMO. I feel there are about 8-10 D players we could draft at #26 that could help us right away. I would never trade our 2nd this year to move up. I feel we should just stay at #26 and let the draft come to us. Again, JMO.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/03/21 11:40 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I still think he's too little to play LB for us.
Safety, sure, but not LB.... not at 216#

While I tend to agree 216# is too light, and not to pimp the guy in any way at this point, I think we need to be open to the type of players who might be playing "linebacker" in the future.

Technically speaking, the deepest free safety is a line backer. They are playing behind the line, right?

I think moving forward, more and more "linebackers" are going to trend on the lighter, quicker side as compared to what we have become accustomed to at the position.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/03/21 01:19 PM
j/c

I am getting deja vu when reading about these hybrid LB/S guys.

It reminds me of the days/years when we were (seemingly) constantly switching between a 3-4 and a 4-3...and picking "Tweener" guys who ended up not being good in either alignment.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/14/21 06:19 PM
My Newest Mock With A Couple Trade Downs to Eventually Pickup 2 More 3rd Round Picks:

Round 1 Pick 31 (K.C.): Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYJ): Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 22 (NYJ): Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Caden Sterns, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Matt Allen, C/OG, Michigan State (A-)
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/15/21 05:53 PM
Regarding JOK, he’ll be able to put on probably 10-15 pounds in the NFL, hopefully retaining the quickness and speed he has now. If that is the case, not an unrealistic thing, then he would make a great OLB/SS hybrid.
As long as the defensive scheme stays the same, he’ll be able to find a position where he’s most effective.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/16/21 12:48 PM
Those first 4 picks would be a home run
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/16/21 12:54 PM
I like the mock. These can be hard work. This seems really sensible and believable;e. Fine job, Baron. thumbsup
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/16/21 02:01 PM
We aren't going to draft 11 players.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/16/21 03:04 PM

I'd agree. We'd likely look to turn some of those into 2022 picks.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/16/21 06:45 PM

And possibly use some to move up.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/23/21 09:16 PM

And possibly use some to move up.

Ok how about this ...

Round 1 Pick 32 (T.B.): Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: Joe Tryon, DE/OLB, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 32 (T.B.): Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (N.O.): Ronnie Perkins, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: D.J. Daniel, CB, Georgia (A+)
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/23/21 11:59 PM
Throw this one into the "it'll never happen" bin. We may get 1 or 2 of the first 6 picks, but not all of them.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (G.B.): Jaelan Phillips, DE/OLB, Miami (FL) (A-)
Round 2 Pick 2 (NYJ): Zaven Collins, ILB/OLB, Tulsa (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Alim McNeill, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Camryn Bynum, CB, California (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA (A+)
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/24/21 12:53 AM
I am sure that the other teams are using random number generators for their selections.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/24/21 01:16 AM
I have literally, two degrees of separation from James Hudson. He's from Toledo where I live. My best friend is friends with his parents. I have hung out with them many times. These occasions seldom involve children, especially teenaged kids so I've never met him. Watched him play at Toledo Central Catholic and gave his folks the business when he initially went to U of M. I think he has a real chance.
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/24/21 03:14 PM
can you throw a link to that site??? I had first pick. com and it doesn't do anything anymore??
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/24/21 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
can you throw a link to that site??? I had first pick. com and it doesn't do anything anymore??

https://www.first-pick.com/Default.aspx

Here are a few others for when you're bored smile

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/
https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator
https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

I like to use Fanspeak's Manage the Cap (https://fanspeak.com/mtc/) to simulate an offseason (too late for 2021 now) as well - cuts, restructures, FA.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/24/21 10:29 PM
This ones not bad:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/24/21 11:13 PM

Ok Here is My First Try ...

26 Round: 1 Browns Christian Barmore DL Alabama
59 Round: 2 Browns Ronnie Perkins EDGE Oklahoma
90 Round: 3 Browns Amari Rodgers WR Clemson
92 Round: 3 Browns Israel Mukuamu CB South Carolina Carolina
111 Round: 4 Browns Shaka Toney EDGE Penn State
133 Round: 4 Browns Marlon Tuipulotu DL USC
170 Round: 5 Browns Alaric Jackson IOL Iowa
212 Round: 6 Browns Marco Wilson CB Florida
259 Round: 7 Browns Darrick Forrest S Cincinnati
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/26/21 02:18 PM
Round 1 Pick 26: Azeez Ojulari, DE/OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27: Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida (A-)
Round 3 Pick 25: Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Cary Angeline, TE, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Eli Howard, DE/OLB, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Avery Williams, CB, Boise State (A+)

I would love this draft... laugh
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/26/21 03:08 PM
Eo, why did you like the OT pick here (Smith, 6th)? That A+ surprised me later rounds. A bit more.
PS Quite the list. I don' feel like we are "desperation drafting" this year after Berry's FA success. nanner brownie
Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/26/21 08:31 PM
BIG TRADE !! New Mock Needed!!
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/26/21 09:48 PM
Indeed.

The possibility of the draft kicking off with 4 straight QB's just went up.
Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/27/21 12:22 AM
What are the chances that our guy just drops into our lap? The Gods might finally be grinning at our roster and we are not a desperate team. Every draft I look back and say "how the hell did that guy drop to them all the way down there". We have not experienced that type of luck in decades, and I think we are due. The Draft is in the "Land" so why not kill it at every one else's expense. Have hope and a little swagger, It is good to be a Browns fan right now
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/27/21 11:03 AM
My feeling is 4-5 Qbs were going to be selected in round 1 before our pick, so I don't see how that is going to have any real impact on us.

The Jets are in a sweet position. Based on what is being given for top picks to chase a QB, I am wondering if heads in NY are churning, trying to decide on if Darnold just might be good enough.

Darnold hasn't been any good, but given all the crap that has gone on in NY, he probably hasn't been given a very good chance to be good.
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/27/21 12:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Eo, why did you like the OT pick here (Smith, 6th)? That A+ surprised me later rounds. A bit more.
PS Quite the list. I don' feel like we are "desperation drafting" this year after Berry's FA success. nanner brownie

to be very honest with you I don't know a lot of these kids. I used the "button" for BEST AVAILABLE PLAYERS and saw him and on paper looked to be a steal for the 6th round. You need guys on special teams blocking for PUNTS and FG attempts. If we get hit hard with INJ you never know and we don't want Bums manning the edges.

jmho
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/27/21 08:42 PM
This one is from www.Profootballnetwork.com

26. Joseph Ossai EDGE Texas

59. Rondale Moore WR Purdue

89. Patrick Jones EDGE Pittsburgh

91. Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina

110. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

132. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State

169. Benjamin St-Juste CB Minnesota

211. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa

257. Evan McPherson K Florida
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/27/21 09:19 PM
Makes sense. Need to have them to get them ready. Thought you might have an insider on him. layer rounds are looking for some decent Swiss - Army knife types of players. I don't know them either usually.

To be clear. Pretty indifferent as to who wins us some games. And I hope we are relentless getting after people this season.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 03/31/21 05:19 PM

26. Joseph Ossai EDGE Texas

59. Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State

89. Dylan Moses LB Alabama

91. Trill Williams CB Syracuse

110. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State

132. Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn

169. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa

211. Naquan Jones DT Michigan State

257. Isaiahh Loudermilk EDGE Wisconsin
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Full 1st round Mock Draftf - 04/02/21 04:04 PM
If Trevon Moehrig is still there I think the Browns will take him. If he is gone, then it will probably be Koramoah like you are predicting.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/03/21 01:15 AM
The latest two-round mock draft from ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay came out on April 1. And while the day is typically full of foolish frivolity, this projection lands substantive defensive help to the Cleveland Browns.

It’s an interesting choice for McShay to project Miami DE Gregory Rousseau to the Browns at No. 26 overall. Rousseau did not test well athletically at Miami’s recent pro day and sat out the 2020 campaign as a COVID-19 opt-out. McShay leans on his impressive tape and results with the Hurricanes in 2019,

Takkarist McKinley isn’t the Browns’ badly coveted impact pass-rusher opposite Myles Garrett — he has totaled just 4.5 sacks in 18 games over the past two years. Rousseau opted out in 2020 but posted 15.5 sacks in 2019 with the Hurricanes — second in the nation to Chase Young. He needs some polish to his game, but he has a quick first step and the versatility to kick inside at times. He fits a need and comes with good value here at No. 26.

Moving to the second round, McShay offers up speedy Georgia CB Tyson Campbell at the No. 59 pick. That’s higher than typical projections for Campbell, who tested very well but had an uneven career for the Bulldogs.

Worth noting: One pick before Campbell, McShay slots Penn State DE Jayson Oweh. He’s normally a contender for the Browns in the first round.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/01/browns-mock-draft-mcshay-rousseau/
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/03/21 01:47 AM
Bottom line, no matter who it is, we need an impact pass rusher opposite Myles. Period!!
Posted By: Hammer Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/03/21 03:50 PM
Yeah, no thanks Toddy.

Of the Edge rushers potentially available, Rousseau is the last one I would pick. Phillips, Oweh, Paye, Olujari, perhaps. I hope they go CB or LB (JOK or Davis).
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/04/21 06:57 PM
Round 1 Pick 30 (BUF): Micah Parsons, ILB/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Jordan Smith, DE/OLB, UAB (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Camryn Bynum, CB, California (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Jamien Sherwood, FS/SS, Auburn (A+)
Posted By: bonefish Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/05/21 12:53 PM

As it stands today I think we will sign Clowney.

Not based on anything but a educated guess. We represent his best chance to reset his career. We can keep him healthy in a rotation and Myles will draw the doubles.

So, with that in mind we are setting pretty. I think from about pick 16 to 26 we are open for business.

We could move up and target a player.

We could remain pat and at 26 we will have a chance to get a good player who fits. Probably a corner but we could take BPA and it could be a pass rusher, linebacker, or DT.

I am totally at peace with how we will come out of the first round.

After that it is all about getting good football players no matter what position.
Posted By: Jester Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/05/21 05:27 PM
I would guess we offeres him about 8 million for 1 year. I would guess he thinks that he is worth more.

He is probably waiting to see if someone will offer him more or if we will panic and significantly increase our offer - i am pretty confident that we won't.

If we do sign him it will likely be after the start of training camp

If we sign someone else, that offer goes away.

JMO
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/05/21 08:02 PM
If You Didn't Already Know I Love Messing With These Mock Drafts ?

So I traded our 1st (26) 2nd (59) 3rd (27) and next years 1st with Arizona to move up to 16 and grab the player I think Berry is targeting, then I traded our 3rd (25) to the Chargers for their 3rd (33) where I selected USC DT Marlon Tuipulotu and getting an extra 4th (13) from LA in which I selected Edge rusher Patrick Jones II from Pittsburgh ...

Round 1 Pick 16 (ARI): Micah Parsons, ILB/OLB, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 33 (LAC): Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (LAC): Patrick Jones II, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Jacoby Stevens, FS/SS, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Trill Williams, CB, Syracuse (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Foster Sarrell, OT, Stanford (A+)
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/05/21 08:29 PM
Micah Parsons is NOT so good that we give up at least two other starter-caliber players for him.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/05/21 08:53 PM
Micah Parsons is NOT so good that we give up at least two other starter-caliber players for him.

Your opinion mine is different and I think Berry's is also ... JMO Also I agree that Berry probably would not pay the price I did after all its only a MOCK smile
Posted By: bonefish Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/05/21 10:32 PM

My guess is Belichick selects Parsons at 15.
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/06/21 11:48 AM

Sorry to disagree. I don't think there is a player that can put our D over the edge to elite more than Parsons and be within 10 picks of ours. In a 4-2-5 or a 4-1-6 he can be not just GOOD but an IMPACT player that would make our front 4 better as well as the backfield.

The kid has speed that shows up in the film not just shorts. He has explosion to make him special. There is nobody like him in this draft. He is arguably the best defensive player in this draft. Take it to the bank.

HE is a healthy Shawne Merriman
jmho
Posted By: bonefish Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/06/21 12:24 PM

I do not disagree about Parsons as a player.

He has all the qualities you look for. He has good size. He is explosive and fast. He has that ability to take proper angles and just cut runners off.

There are however some major considerations.

How far to move and land him? My guess is he will never get past Belichick at 15 and could go earlier.

So there is the cost to move up in draft capital.

Then there is the cost to pay him depending on where he is selected.

Then there is position priority. Berry and staff have a view of what they want from the linebacker position.

They seem way more inclined to see pass rush and corners as more important.

Ward and Greedy have had problems staying on the field. Mitchell is gone. Hill will be used first as a slot corner and then backup on the outside.

So as we found out you can not have enough good corners.

Pass rush. Takk replaces Clayborn. To date Clowney has not been signed. Even if he is signed it will most likely be a short deal. Takk could step up but no guarantee.

Jalean Phillips is a total stud. If not for concussion history he would be a top ten pick. If the doctors are comfortable with his history and he checks out.

And he is there at 26. hard not to take him.

The top corners in what ever order they are placed:
Surtain, Horn, Farley.

Any of these three would be worth moving up to say 18 to get IMO. If one were there at 26. slam dunk.

The corners ranked after the top three? Depends on how the Browns grade them.

Greg Newsome gets a lot of attention.

So Parsons as good as he is. They may go another direction.

If by some slim chance he were to drop to 26.

That would be sweet.
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/06/21 12:41 PM
You never know and via the chart as an example moving up to 15 with our #26 + #89 + #91 + #110 Should do the trick.

Again Quality over Quantity. We have our 2nd rounder to add another impact player...Then #132 and the rest.

That is if he is the guy we TARGET.

But what I think about Parsons is that he will actually produce on the NFL level at an IMPACT base. Almost better than his college production. He is one of the rare players who will bring it to the next level!

jmho
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/06/21 02:57 PM
Been a while since I've done one of these...this one would be pretty incredible, but won't happen.

Your score is: 46418 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30 (BUF): Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 9 (DET): Zaven Collins, ILB/OLB, Tulsa (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Joe Tryon, DE/OLB, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYJ): Jamin Davis, ILB/OLB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina (A+)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/15/21 01:19 PM
Mock draft watch: Breaking down Mel Kiper's latest 2-rounder for the Browns

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/browns-mock-draft-mel-kiper-jamin-davis-dwayne-eskridge/

Mel Kiper Jr. is one of the most popular and visible NFL draft analysts around. When the ESPN pundit speaks, people listen. And Kiper spoke out with a fresh set of projections on Tuesday.

In Kiper’s latest two-round mock, the veteran draft analyst has some wild prognostications across several teams. He stuck closer to convention with his two projections for the Browns.

First up is Kentucky LB Jamin Davis with the No. 26 overall pick. Davis tested phenomenally at the Wildcats’ pro day and has some very encouraging game film in 2020, but his ascension into the first round still isn’t a universally accepted fact.

Davis is another defender who is rising since the season ended. He’s really only a one-year starter — he started one game in 2019 — but he was tremendous last season with 96 tackles, three interceptions and a sack. Davis was all over the field making plays. He could play any of the linebacker spots for the Cleveland 4-3 defense.

In the second round, Kiper goes with Western Michigan wide receiver D’Wayne Eskridge. It’s an intriguing pick. Eskridge is a slot receiver with excellent top-end speed and unusual toughness; he played cornerback for a year for the Broncos and was good at it. However, he’s 24 and undersized. Eskridge does offer electrifying potential as a return man as a bonus.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/15/21 09:35 PM
My Newest Draft: I Traded back with TB 26 for 32 and 64 then traded up with Tennessee giving them our 2nd (59) Our 2nd 3rd (91) and our 5th (110) for their 2nd Rd. Pick (53) and Still Got the Top LB/DT on the Board

Round 1 Pick 32 (T.B.): Zaven Collins, ILB/OLB, Tulsa (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (TENN): Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Aaron Banks, OG, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Tarron Jackson, DE/OLB, Coastal Carolina (A+)
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/17/21 04:12 PM
I did my full first 2 rounds mock (not a simulator) last weekend and never posted it. While I do not think that we'll draft in all of the spots we currently have, I kept with what we have. Here's what I ended up with. If anyone wants me to post the full first 64 picks I can do that - it is unique in the sense that I have the first 5 picks going QB...I think there are a lot of teams that are desperate for a QB and 2 will move up.

For the 3rd round and beyond, I picked players that I think will be around in that area. Different big boards have people all over the place, so who really knows until draft weekend.

26 Christian Barmore, DT (first DT off the board)
59 Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB (8th CB off the board)
89 Chazz Surratt, LB
91 Malcom Koonce, Edge
110 Simi Fehoko, WR
132 Osa Odighizuwa, DT
169 Christian Uphoff, S
211 Alaric Jackson, OT
257 Jose Borregales, K

Edit: this was not adjusted due to the Sheldon Richardson cut...
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/19/21 10:38 AM

[color:#FFCC33]True, Parsons is not so good...he's GREAT as in Tony the Tiger GREAT!!!

He would make each teir..better

DL better,

LBs better,

DBs Better, shows good better' [/close ]
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/19/21 03:27 PM
Kiper is a Ravens fan, therefore Kiper HATES the Browns.

Has nothing of the Browns best interests in mind.

Of Course he'd project they'd take two players from third teir ought to be div, 2 double a football schools.

Kentucky? and
Western Michigan? ...

the Problem is, Andrew Berry, fills fully Half his roster with guys from non football powerhouse schools, so Berry doesn't appear to know any better.

Needless, if the Browns go Jamin Davis and Eskridge with the first two picks,

There ought to be a dunn storm. boo

Two Terrible ideas for picks. Way to go Kiper, thumbsdown Just say NO!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/19/21 03:39 PM
I don't want anything that shows the Browns taking a CB with either of their first two picks
#26, and #59.

For another, it, uhh, it shows lack of interest.
One they ain't any good.
Two, if you don't know what to pick they'd pick a corner early.

I mean, A corner, at 2. (expletative!) NO! you can't get you can't win games that way, NOt this year.

It would show they don't understand either, the Roster.
The college pool of players, and the way the game rules are trending,
don't understand all 3.

Unless you get a Corner, .. ok, start over.
This Year, unless you are getting the Top, #1 overall CB, or the Top #2 CB off the board, they ain't gonna help this roster AT ALL!
And with all the young guys, they ain't gonna help in the next 3 years,

A Loser, avg. CB, which can be found in rounds 3-4+
and isn't going to impact nything, in the next 3 years,

Is not way to waste one of your top two picks,

This, is not a year to go screwing things up!

I'd rather they get NO Cb's and wait till mid season, I mean they found MJ stewart during the season.

Why waste a draft pick on a guy who won't be as good as MJ Stewart,
if that draft pick is in the top 60, or 70.

An entire year of college football talent, and someone can't find a better option.
CB's aren't even allowed to play, in 2021,
all they do is watch WR's make catches or take penalties which set up 1st and goal,

Geyaw this is not a year to screw things up in the draft.

This is not year to listen to the experts. The experts only want the Browns to suck!
Posted By: cle23 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/19/21 05:12 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Kiper is a Ravens fan, therefore Kiper HATES the Browns.

Has nothing of the Browns best interests in mind.

Of Course he'd project they'd take two players from third teir ought to be div, 2 double a football schools.

Kentucky? and
Western Michigan? ...

the Problem is, Andrew Berry, fills fully Half his roster with guys from non football powerhouse schools, so Berry doesn't appear to know any better.

Needless, if the Browns go Jamin Davis and Eskridge with the first two picks,

There ought to be a dunn storm. boo

Two Terrible ideas for picks. Way to go Kiper, thumbsdown Just say NO!

Dude, relax. Good players come from all kinds of schools, not just "Power 5" schools. Berry is smart enough to evaluate the player, and his competition, not just based on what conference they play in.

Davis makes me nervous more for his lack of playing time. He's a good player, just hasn't done it for very long. Plus, he played in the SEC, so I'm a bit confused by your logic. And Eskridge I'm leery of because I feel like it's a reach FOR US to take a WR in the 2nd round.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/19/21 06:20 PM
NO TRADES!!!

Round 1 Pick 26: Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Chris Rumph II, DE/OLB, Duke (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Jimmy Morrissey, C/OG, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Mustafa Johnson, DT/DE, Colorado (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Brenden Jaimes, OT, Nebraska (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Trill Williams, CB, Syracuse (A+)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/19/21 08:11 PM
So I read 30 seconds on the top 7, 7 of the top 6-8 edge rushers, not the OlB/Ilbs, but the edge-ers.

Patrick Jones II, (oh my gosh), eh they say he doesn't know what to do on the field. Gets confused by motions and plays the offense lines up.

Some famous person from the 1960s prob. said, (and was signature quoted on this site)

" punch me the next time I draft a stupid player" .

I don't care if he's 6'5 or 6'7, if he doesn't know what to do, if he's unaware of where to go,
I hope somebody else gets stuck with that impossible project for a football team.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draftf - 04/19/21 11:28 PM
Wonder which QB out of Picks 1 and 2 will be a bust? Trevor Lawrence or Zack Wilson?

I say Wilson, I think he and Mac Jones have been way overrated while Justin Fields has been grossly underrated ... JMHO
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draftf - 04/20/21 12:03 AM
Wonder which QB out of Picks 1 and 2 will be a bust? Trevor Lawrence or Zack Wilson?

I say Wilson, I think he and Mac Jones have been way overrated while Justin Fields has been grossly underrated ... JMHO

I'm blown away that fields is not going to be the first pick in the draft. literally. I have watched his tape, I watched him in HS. I just don't get it. He has all of the moxie and leadership you could as for and he played with broken ribs and finished the game.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 01:27 AM
Jayson Oweh, Edge rusher from Penn State.

(O Yeah! for Oweh), May have the most potential of any Edge rusher in the last 2 years, he looks like a Myles Garrett clone.

I know the team with Myles and the team without, and they win more with him so.

I cannont say let go a chance to get a player,
Jayson Oweh, with the potential, unlimited upside, at pass rusher,

He's got the frame to grow into another 20 pounds and still remain lean. And age 22 this is likely expected.
So it's all upside for the long term development.

The landing of Myles Garrett has taught me, that it is worth the premium investment required to land the top most pass rusher
with a Height over 6'5, vs. those at 6'3, with a lean enough body mass to (cardio-stamina-the-marathon), that is a full game of pass rushing.

(vs. the other edge rush prospects)
To jump at the chance- to put him on the same team as Myles' in his prime.

Because! The Potential for LIGHTNING is SO GREAT!

I consider the risk of using the Browns first round pick on Jayson Oweh,
(even with his yet production)

To be like one of those X-Game Athlete's, in Mid Air with a Skateboard, or a Bike, to be about to attempt (the most spectacular multi-twist rotating move Ever).

That to not attempt that move becomes a disservice to the X-games as a whole.

And, the Downside is only, - well there really is no downside except limited production over time,

You still are left with an elite athlete at pass rusher, in trade value at worst. <- say that out loud)

So it' becomes like that X-games trickster being over the pile of cardboard foam boxes, no downside.

The Potential LIGHTNING in a bottle of Drafting Jayson Oweh as elite pass rusher
to have next to Myles Garrett elite pass rusher in his prime

Means you just cannot pass him up, not for any other player in the draft, (),
And it steals him right out from under the B. Ravens nose, Icing on the Cake!

Jayson Oweh, PSU, First round pick!

What does Wyatt Teller say on "Building the Browns: of Myles Garrett?
"He's a human cheat code"

Get Jayson Oweh you can have 2 Human Cheat Codes on the same team, same time,
WE GOTTA GET THIS GUY!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 12:33 PM
Gosh, those first 4 picks would be a great draft
Posted By: eotab Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 12:56 PM
??? confused saywhat willynilly rolleyes banghead
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 01:38 PM
It's a simple choice, eo. Do you want the X-Games athlete or a cardboard box with foam?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 05:41 PM
Ok here I traded up for Micah Parsons, I traded Our 1st (26) our 2nd (59) and our 1st Next Year for Indy's 1st (21). I think our 2022 1st would be enough, but its a Mock Draft game what can you do?

Round 1 Pick 21 (IND): Micah Parsons, ILB/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Chris Rumph II, DE/OLB, Duke (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Nico Collins, WR, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Mustafa Johnson, DT/DE, Colorado (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Foster Sarrell, OT, Stanford (A+)
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 05:46 PM
If you gave up that much to move up from #26 to #21 you paid FAR too much to make that move.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 05:47 PM
I agree just playing a game I probably wouldn't have to give our #2 in real life drafting smile
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/20/21 06:14 PM
While the draft value board is not a steadfast rule, it's a rough guideline. There are exceptions in the top 5 or 10 in the draft when a team is trading up in an effort to find a franchise QB, but we are not in that position.

The draft value board has a 100 point difference between the #21 pick and the #26 pick.

That is the same value as the 100th pick in the draft. A late third rounder. Giving away a future first round pick that late in the first round to move up 5 picks is crazy talk. Would you have to give up more than a late third rounder to make such a trade? Probably but you would never give up a future first round pick to make such a move.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/22/21 10:10 PM
I love messing with draft scenarios, and it is only for fun so please don't get bent out of shape because you disagree, Just give your opinion please smile

This time I decided to go WR in the 1st round because no way do we keep both Landry and OBJ in 2022, so I traded our #26 to TB for their #32 and their #64 pick in round 2 and took a WR at #32 and a CB at #64, and knowing we don't need 9 picks I traded our 2nd 4th rounder (132) + our 5th (169) and our 6th (211) to Washington for their 4th (124) And selected another WR Nico Collins from UM preparing for our future at WR.

Round 1 Pick 32 (T.B.): Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32 (T.B.): Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 19 (WASH): Nico Collins, WR, Michigan (A+)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/23/21 01:37 AM
I love messing with draft scenarios, and it is only for fun so please don't get bent out of shape because you disagree, Just give your opinion please smile

This time I decided to go WR in the 1st round because no way do we keep both Landry and OBJ in 2022, so I traded our #26 to TB for their #32 and their #64 pick in round 2 and took a WR at #32 and a CB at #64, and knowing we don't need 9 picks I traded our 2nd 4th rounder (132) + our 5th (169) and our 6th (211) to Washington for their 4th (124) And selected another WR Nico Collins from UM preparing for our future at WR.

Round 1 Pick 32 (T.B.): Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32 (T.B.): Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 19 (WASH): Nico Collins, WR, Michigan (A+)

I appreciate what you did moving around in those trades. Dropping only back to #32 and later trading up to 124 overall, seems interesting, how could they do that.
I like picking two offensive skill pos. players and still leaving room to improve the defense.

Where and when did this team eventually make picks.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/26/21 01:39 PM
j/c:

Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/26/21 03:57 PM
Ok I will being doing a draft everyday this week including Thursday, today's has No Trades, then I will do one with a trade down, one with a trade up, then a mix of up and down, so here is the one with NO Trades ...

Round 1 Pick 26: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Pete Werner, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Talanoa Hufanga, FS/SS, USC (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Adrian Ealy, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Posted By: Dave Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/26/21 06:22 PM
From Dane Brugler's 7 round mock draft in The Athletic, here are his Browns' picks:

Round 1 (26) Greg Newsome CB Northwestern
Round 2 (59) Payton Turner Edge Houston
Round 3 (89) Alim McNeill DT NC State
Round 3 (91) Kendrick Green OG/C Illinois
Round 4 (110) Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
Round 4 (132) Cameron McGrone LB Michigan
Round 5 (169) Darrick Forrest S Cincinnati
Round 6 (211) Larry Borom OT/G Missouri
Round 7 (257) Nate Hobbs CB Illinois

Link (subscription site):

https://theathletic.com/2512750/2021/04/...-taquon-graham/

Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/26/21 08:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
From Dane Brugler's 7 round mock draft in The Athletic, here are his Browns' picks:

Round 1 (26) Greg Newsome CB Northwestern
Round 2 (59) Payton Turner Edge Houston
Round 3 (89) Alim McNeill DT NC State
Round 3 (91) Kendrick Green OG/C Illinois
Round 4 (110) Anthony Schwartz WR Auburn
Round 4 (132) Cameron McGrone LB Michigan
Round 5 (169) Darrick Forrest S Cincinnati
Round 6 (211) Larry Borom OT/G Missouri
Round 7 (257) Nate Hobbs CB Illinois

Link (subscription site):

https://theathletic.com/2512750/2021/04/...-taquon-graham/

I have been reading up on Payton Turner and he looks pretty solid ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/27/21 09:09 AM
McNeill would be a good pickup in the 3rd. I watch every NCST game and he’s a stout player
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/27/21 11:13 PM
Here is my 2nd draft this week, in this one I traded up with LV to pick # 17, it cost me #26 #59 and #89, but I think Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the best defender in this draft and we don't need 9 picks with our roster ...

Round 1 Pick 17 (L.V.): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 27: Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Tay Gowan, CB, Central Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Brenden Jaimes, OT, Nebraska (A+)
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/28/21 05:56 PM
This is my 3rd draft, in this one I traded down with NO dropping 2 spots giving them #26 for #28 and their 2nd rd. pick #60 and still got my player at #28 while taking a speedy WR at #60

Round 1 Pick 28 (N.O.): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 28 (N.O.): Elijah Moore, WR, Mississippi (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Jamar Johnson, FS/SS, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Dayo Odeyingbo, DE/OLB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Matt Allen, C/OG, Michigan State (A-)
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/28/21 06:04 PM
On the draft value board there are only 40 points difference between the #26 pick and the #28 pick. Pick #60 is worth 300 points.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/28/21 06:05 PM
Its just the game I'm playing they won't let you use the draft chart ...
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/28/21 07:18 PM
Who is/was the better prospect, Ifeatu Melifonwu, or his older brother Obi Melifonwu? I remember hoping the Browns drafted Obi.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 09:09 AM
Getting JOK and then Elijah Moore would be excellen
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 03:49 PM
Here's my final personal mock - no trades and we pick at all 9 of our spots. Clearly this won't happen, but nonetheless

26... Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB
59... Payton Turner, Edge
89... Paulson Adebo, CB
91... Alim McNeill, DT
110... Divine Deablo, S
132 ...Simi Fehoko, WR
169... Alaric Jackson, OT
211... Jose Borregales, K
257... Brandon Stephens, CB
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 04:02 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Here's my final personal mock - no trades and we pick at all 9 of our spots. Clearly this won't happen, but nonetheless

89... Paulson Adebo, CB
91... Alim McNeill, DT
110... Divine Deablo, S
132 ...Simi Fehoko, WR

I could live with the 1st 4 quite easily. I think that Deablo could, at least, be a situational guy. The rest of the draft are guys I'm really not familiar with.

I wonder how many guys who would have been high round picks in most other drafts will wind up dropping in this one?
Posted By: cle23 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 04:04 PM

89... Paulson Adebo, CB
91... Alim McNeill, DT
110... Divine Deablo, S
132 ...Simi Fehoko, WR

I am out of the loop a bit, but what happened to Alaric Jackson? A few years ago he was the next big deal OL from Iowa, and now he is projected in round 5 or later. I'd love to get him late as we don't need s atrter but he could be very good.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 04:37 PM

132 ...Simi Fehoko, WR
- big and fast, but doesn't play to the level of his speed, a little lazy in route running

- athletic good mover (good fit for ZBS), but he has footwork issues

- top rated K in the draft

- a project - big and athletic, but really raw - switched from RB to CB 2 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Adebo and McNeill are chosen earlier- but both are mocked all over the place (2-4)
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 05:39 PM
My final Mock Draft With no Trades:

Round 1 Pick 26: Micah Parsons, ILB/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 27: Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Jamar Johnson, FS/SS, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Michal Menet, C/OG, Penn State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Riley Patterson, K, Memphis (A+)
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 07:19 PM

I think someone hacked Pastor's account. No trades, no Buckeyes. smile
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 07:21 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I think someone hacked Pastor's account. No trades, no Buckeyes. smile

LOL I guess I am easy to read smile
Posted By: Jester Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 07:34 PM

89... Paulson Adebo, CB
91... Alim McNeill, DT
110... Divine Deablo, S
132 ...Simi Fehoko, WR

I really like that draft. 1st all are picked at reasonable spots. And really like the actual picks themselves. The one I am not totally sole on is Fehoko. He just doesn't seem to get separation. I don't know what Wr's were available but I typically see a few that I like better.

Looking at the guys available on drafttek.com's latest mock, I would eitehr have pulled the trigger on Anthony Schwartz Wr Aubun at 110. But if I just did a Wr for Wr swap Amari Rodgers Wr Clemson was available at 132.

Having said that, if we left this weekend with your draft, I would be very happy.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 07:59 PM

89... Paulson Adebo, CB
91... Alim McNeill, DT
110... Divine Deablo, S
132 ...Simi Fehoko, WR

I really like that draft. 1st all are picked at reasonable spots. And really like the actual picks themselves. The one I am not totally sole on is Fehoko. He just doesn't seem to get separation. I don't know what Wr's were available but I typically see a few that I like better.

Looking at the guys available on drafttek.com's latest mock, I would eitehr have pulled the trigger on Anthony Schwartz Wr Aubun at 110. But if I just did a Wr for Wr swap Amari Rodgers Wr Clemson was available at 132.

Having said that, if we left this weekend with your draft, I would be very happy.

I have no problem with Schwartz as a whole, I just prefer if we'd get a big WR with speed (over a little one with more speed). Fehoko is far from perfect, but that's the beauty of pick 132.

We'll see if it is reasonable on Sunday - you never know who loves a player or what is wrong with players that we're not aware of...

edit: I didn't notice you said Schwartz at 110 - a more likely spot for him over 132 (I think Amari will go earlier than projected, just a gut feel)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 08:07 PM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Who is/was the better prospect, Ifeatu Melifonwu, or his older brother Obi Melifonwu? I remember hoping the Browns drafted Obi.

There was a podcast last week where the 2nd host was a Raider fan and didn't want any part of any Melifonwu because the older brother was awful. Made a joke of it.
Posted By: Jester Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 09:15 PM
In the drafttek mock Schwartz was gone by 132.

Fehoko has very good hands and wins the contested ball, but it seems like they are mostly contested ball with him as he just can't create separation. I don't know if that is because he doesn't play fast or if he is a poor route runner, but I think he will struggle in the pro's where Cb's have better ball skills.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/29/21 09:50 PM
In the drafttek mock Schwartz was gone by 132.

Fehoko has very good hands and wins the contested ball, but it seems like they are mostly contested ball with him as he just can't create separation. I don't know if that is because he doesn't play fast or if he is a poor route runner, but I think he will struggle in the pro's where Cb's have better ball skills.

I'll admit, my desire to draft him (at 132 in my mock) is because he's 6'4", 220 lb and runs a 4.37 - and the hope his play speed and rounding off routes can be coached.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/30/21 12:25 AM
Originally Posted By: cle23

89... Paulson Adebo, CB
91... Alim McNeill, DT
110... Divine Deablo, S
132 ...Simi Fehoko, WR

I am out of the loop a bit, but what happened to Alaric Jackson? A few years ago he was the next big deal OL from Iowa, and now he is projected in round 5 or later. I'd love to get him late as we don't need s atrter but he could be very good.

I really like Alaric Jackson later in the draft...I don't think he ever raised his game to where people thought he would. And I know some think he projects better as a guard (remember they said the same about Tristan Wirfs last year...who was an absolute star as a RT for Tampa) I wouldn't mind Alaric later in the draft...I'm really fond of LT Landon Young and G Tommy Kreamer for later round guys.
Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Full 1st round Mock Draft - 04/30/21 01:02 AM
WOW, how friggin dumb can they be, Dont Peotect the franchise, PAY THE PRICE
© DawgTalkers.net