DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: hitt Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/14/21 12:52 AM
Referee 124 is shown coaching the Baltimore players to get closer to line....he failed to throw the flag for rule violation- off line of scrimmage to far.....why didn't he throw the flag? It would have changed the game. Baltimore should not get breaks against us. The video is 17 secs long on the Spin. Check it out. Again, we could have been hosed.....GO Browns!!!!
Posted By: FATE Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/14/21 12:54 AM
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/14/21 01:50 AM
It's called B.S. Ref cheated, and then didn't throw the flag.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/14/21 02:07 AM
intersted... would love to hear the NFL's explanation
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/14/21 02:12 AM
Expect the obligatory Wednesday weekly apology from the League.
Like that does us any good at all.

Our team has been dumped on like this since the first season of The Return.
Any more, I've come to expect it at any time, in any game.

pathetic.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/15/21 02:09 AM
Refs cheated, But our "Hands Team" had no hands.

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/15/21 07:19 AM
WOW! Stefanski had linebackers, defensive backs and a chubby fullback in a onsides situation?????????????????????????
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/15/21 03:03 PM
That is a remarkable tape. I mean...WTH is going on there?! I could see a ref giving a nod if asked by a player whether they are legal - as we see all the time with WRs on the outside. But that ref was as demonstrative as were the Rats coaches...THEN HE DIDN'T THROW THE FLAG WHEN HE KNEW THE GUYS WERE NOT LINED UP CORRECTLY!!!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/18/21 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
That is a remarkable tape. I mean...WTH is going on there?! I could see a ref giving a nod if asked by a player whether they are legal - as we see all the time with WRs on the outside. But that ref was as demonstrative as were the Rats coaches...THEN HE DIDN'T THROW THE FLAG WHEN HE KNEW THE GUYS WERE NOT LINED UP CORRECTLY!!!
My thought exactly, I've seen guys check with the ref, no problem with that. But I've never seen a ref initiate it, actively yelling and waving to get guys into position... then leaving the flag in his pocket when they don't.
Posted By: FATE Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/18/21 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
My thought exactly, I've seen guys check with the ref, no problem with that. But I've never seen a ref initiate it, actively yelling and waving to get guys into position... then leaving the flag in his pocket when they don't.

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]
Posted By: jfanent Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/18/21 11:50 PM
This was a deliberate attempt by an official to aid the Ravens and cheat the Browns. I would maybe buy that it wasn't...... if the flag were thrown after attempting to assist the players to line up and they didn't respond. If he felt it weren't a penalty, then he wouldn't be frantically trying to wave the rats to the line. If anyone else has a different explanation, please give it.
Posted By: Dave Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/18/21 11:56 PM
The dog ate his flag?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Referee cheats during onside kick - 12/19/21 12:43 AM
Our FO should have called the league office and asked/ complained about this and demanded an explanation. It didn't have to be made public it could have been kept quiet. Unless they did and no one on the outside knows about it.
© DawgTalkers.net