DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Mike Hey Everybody !!! - 08/02/11 01:48 PM
Hey everyone, Just wanted to stop by and say hello to my old friends here. Sorry I have been away for so long but as you can see I have been "quite busy" with all of the news and dealings I have with the Postal Service. It's nice to be back amongst friends again. Will try to get back on later guys !!!!
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Hey Everybody !!! - 08/02/11 01:52 PM
Hi, Mike...welcome back. Even if you are a Raven.
Posted By: Mike Re: Hey Everybody !!! - 08/03/11 11:43 AM
Thanks Michelle, Been very busy with all of the Post Office issues that are going on. Will hopefully still have a job within the next five (5) years....
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Hey Everybody !!! - 08/03/11 12:15 PM
Quote:

Thanks Michelle, Been very busy with all of the Post Office issues that are going on. Will hopefully still have a job within the next five (5) years....

Just curious because I know you have a long history with the Post Office but do you have a plan B? An exit strategy if things start to look not so good? A lot of people in this economy have lost their jobs fairly suddenly, at least you have time to see the writing on the wall and prepare... best of luck to you.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Hey Everybody !!! - 08/03/11 01:18 PM
Welcome back, and good luck, I have a few friends in the Post Office, and at least 2 of them are hoping desperately that they can get another 4-5 years in so they'll be able to qualify for their retirement.
Posted By: Mike Re: Hey Everybody !!! - 08/04/11 06:17 PM
Hey DC, I have been "planning" the start of a BBQ business here in Maryland (Baltimore County) and maybe the City. I am working on a business plan to get started and hopefully will be launching (on a small scale) this fall. I am looking at Ribs, BBQ and deep-fried turkey. Just a start of hopefully something new in my life !!!!
Posted By: Mike Re: Hey Everybody !!! - 08/04/11 06:21 PM
It's getting crazy here. YT, You would think that after all these years that the "business model" would have been solidified / changed after all since Email (which the P.O. had a hand in years ago) has taken over....We will either sink or swim but My bet is that the Postal Service as you see it now will change in 5 years....
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Hey Everybody !!! - 08/04/11 06:39 PM
Oh geez there goes the neighborhood again
© DawgTalkers.net