DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Great Move, Cubs! - 08/17/16 05:36 PM
Quote:
Cubs fire stadium DJ who made staggeringly horrible song choice

Big League Stew Mon, Aug 15 10:51 AM PDT

The Chicago Cubs promised a “strong response” to their stadium DJ playing a shockingly inappropriate song during Sunday night’s game, and now we know what that response is. The Cubs have fired the person responsible for playing Prodigy’s “Smack My [expletive] Up” after closer Aroldis Chapman walked off the mound in the top of the ninth inning.

The statement reads:

“We apologize for the irresponsible music selection during our game last night. The selection of this track showed a lack of judgement and sensitivity to an important issue. We have terminated our relationship with the employee responsible for making the selection and will be implementing stronger controls to review and approve music before public broadcast during our games.”

As Chris Cwik wrote this morning, choosing that song to play after Chapman closed out a game was tone deaf and insensitive. Earlier this season Chapman served a 30-game suspension for an offseason domestic violence incident, in which he was alleged to have choked his girlfriend and fired a gun several times. The DJ was probably trying to be clever with that song choice, but it ended up being inappropriate and offensive.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/cubs-f...-175129309.html

So, the Cubs fire a DJ over an inappropriate song choice, but trade for and pay a huge salary to a guy who is alleged to have choked his girlfriend and fired a gun several times.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Great Move, Cubs! - 08/17/16 05:59 PM
I figured this was coming
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Great Move, Cubs! - 08/18/16 12:13 PM

Walt Kowalski: I'm here for a confession.

Father Janovich: Oh, Lord Jesus what have you done?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Great Move, Cubs! - 08/18/16 12:25 PM
The Cubs DJ did that to their own pitcher? LMAO!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Great Move, Cubs! - 08/18/16 06:02 PM
I'm thinking that I want to hang out with that DJ, lol!
Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule Re: Great Move, Cubs! - 08/18/16 07:37 PM
Good song. Good video.

and as for the DJ... what was he thinking? lol
Posted By: Arps Re: Great Move, Cubs! - 08/19/16 04:41 PM
Thats harsh
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Great Move, Cubs! - 08/24/16 12:32 AM
That was a great song to play, considering the circumstances. naughtydevil

© DawgTalkers.net