DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:08 PM
#Browns are likely going to be featured on this year’s HBO Hard Knocks series, per source. An official announcement is expected on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/KyleKellyCLE/status/988886089023807488
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
#Browns are likely going to be featured on this year’s HBO Hard Knocks series, per source. An official announcement is expected on Thursday.

It was ONLY a matter of time... let the jokes continue to roll.
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:17 PM
I will be watching
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:18 PM
They already do "Building the Browns", what's a few more cameras?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:21 PM
Love it! We’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at Hue preparing to be in charge of the challenge flag this season and being able to locate it in a timely manner.

Count me in. thumbsup
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:22 PM

yessssssssssss
Cant wait. I may have to up my HBO subscription smile
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:26 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I may have to up my HBO subscription smile

I already looked at how much HBO is going to run me to add it. Funny, I didn't want to be on that show at first but I can say I like/approve of this after I read the post.

I dig it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:48 PM
yep, here we go
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

I already looked at how much HBO is going to run me to add it. Funny, I didn't want to be on that show at first but I can say I like/approve of this after I read the post.

I dig it.
There are ways around that though smile Get a firestick and jailbreak it. Not that i have that or anything smile

But HBO is the only pay service i would consider paying for. There original programming is far ahead of the others.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:02 PM

I dig it.
There are ways around that though smile Get a firestick and jailbreak it. Not that i have that or anything smile

But HBO is the only pay service i would consider paying for. There original programming is far ahead of the others.

I have a Roku already so. Let's say I'll look into my options thumbsup
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:04 PM
The camera fades in to Cleveland Stadium with a choppy Lake Erie shoreline in the background...

The camera slowly moves to the North Coast Harbor where in the distance, a 1-31 Head Coach standing on the pier between the two lighthouses...

The camera zooms in to the grizzled face of Hue Jackson as he jumps into the lake with a perfect cannonball.

Fade to black...

Cleveland Browns 2018

We Started off all wet, but this year we hope to make a big splash!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:10 PM
j/c:

Good. Now we can see first-hand how dumb the claims that Hue is just a gopher for the coordinators is.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:16 PM
I hope they'll have the Angel in the back of the defensive meeting room this year.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:33 PM
I guess I'm the old guy on his porch yelling at kids to get off his grass, but I see this as an unwelcome distraction for a young team that should be trying to turn things around, not worrying about how they come across on some BS reality show.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:33 PM
Hard Knocks....sounds like the story of every Browns fan everywhere.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:33 PM
The title of the show fits the Browns. Or should I say Browns fans
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:37 PM
I have been watching "Building the Browns" for the past two years. I really enjoy it. It's also easy to find and stream via their website or YouTube.

I don't have cable...are the 'Hard Knocks' easy to stream?
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:41 PM
I’m directing.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
I have been watching "Building the Browns" for the past two years. I really enjoy it. It's also easy to find and stream via their website or YouTube.

I don't have cable...are the 'Hard Knocks' easy to stream?

If you already have Hulu, you can add HBO for $5 a month.

If you get HBO streaming on it's own, it's $15 a month.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I guess I'm the old guy on his porch yelling at kids to get off his grass, but I see this as an unwelcome distraction for a young team that should be trying to turn things around, not worrying about how they come across on some BS reality show.

Oh, I'd agree.

Unfortunately, is what it is. They've been bugging us about doing it for awhile. At some point, our turn is up
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:52 PM

I agree. I mean, I'll watch if it's available in Canada at some point, but I'd prefer our guys didn't have that distraction.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Good. Now we can see first-hand how dumb the claims that Hue is just a gopher for the coordinators is.

Don't forget, he's a lackey to the GM too. If Hue is a good minion, Dorsey is actually going to let him know who he is drafting tomorrow instead of finding out once the pick is in.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/24/18 11:57 PM
What will be interesting is seeing a more candid, uncensored/no holding back fly on the wall take on what is happening. "Building The Browns" is good, but it is very polished, censored and edited.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 12:02 AM
Is this Building The Browns thing somewhere on you tube?

I dont have Netflix or HBO.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 12:04 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Is this Building The Browns thing somewhere on you tube?

I dont have Netflix or HBO.

Yep, on the Browns website and YouTube.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 01:18 AM
I understand that viewpoint, however how has NOT having Hard Knocks fair for us so far?

I mean, maybe - just maybe - some of these kids will get some limelight they are not used to since we are joke- and some dang pride will set it.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 01:25 AM
To be honest, any tv show named "Hard Knocks" is not going to be focused on our successes. (Do we have any?) I dont really think its going to be anything amazing, maybe more of "Oh those poor Browns and the poor fans" How do you have pride in that?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 01:36 AM
To be honest, any tv show named "Hard Knocks" is not going to be focused on our successes. (Do we have any?) I dont really think its going to be anything amazing, maybe more of "Oh those poor Browns and the poor fans" How do you have pride in that?
If 1-31, and being a laughing stock on national TV with millions of millions of viewers watching doesnt make you get prideful to change that fact - IDK what will. Thats my point. You have pride in regards to wanting to change that perception.

I live outside of the Cleveland market near Pittsburgh. Until this year, no one here knew who Duke Johnson was (the only reason they do know is because of his ties with Shazier after he got hurt), no one knows who Corey Coleman is or they forget he even existed after that draft. Then you get to guys like like BBC an the second tier level players - no one knows who any of these guys are.

Put them on Tv, and when the jokes start coming fast and furious millions at a time, if that dont awake your pride nothing will.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 02:19 AM
I had HBO for a year for free, with my Dish subscription.

I think I watched it 3 times.

I don't see myself adding it. I'll have to find a rich friend with HBO ..... or maybe switch my mom to Dish, and get a free year of HBO there. Hmm .... that's an option. wink
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 04:28 AM

I followed a season of Hard Knocks a few years ago. It was anything but focused on failure. Made you really want to root for the team. "Hard Knocks" was more a play on the hard work that goes into making a team successful.

We've got young talent, new acquisitions, bright shiny new toys (after the draft), new culture, new front office... and the only way to go is up anyway. Should make for good TV. I predict it will have outsiders cheering for the Browns rather than making fun of them. I'm excited, I hope we get an inside look at how quickly the "team" dynamic is building with all these new players.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 08:31 AM
one year too late... no joe thomas...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 09:09 AM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
i bet he makes some cameos
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 11:50 AM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Joe would have been great to have seen in the locker room.
Posted By: 442Dawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 12:28 PM

I dig it.

Or just put the HBO app on your firestick and use your father-in-law's HBO account to watch smile That's what we do.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/25/18 04:43 PM
A new HBO comedy! Could I possibly like it better than 'Veep' and 'The Divorce!'
Posted By: jaybird Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 04/26/18 01:27 AM
Sweet... I was excited to watch the texans on it,.. pumped the Browns could be on it...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/02/18 05:53 PM
John Dorsey doesn’t see anything good about being on Hard Knocks

Posted by Josh Alper on May 2, 2018, 11:40 AM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...on-hard-knocks/

Because they have not been on the show in the last 10 years, haven’t changed coaches and didn’t make the playoffs the last two seasons, the Browns are one of six NFL teams that can be compelled to appear on Hard Knocks this summer.

General Manager John Dorsey said he’ll be OK with any decision that the league might make, but it sounds like he’d prefer if they chose someone else for a starring role on the HBO series chronicling training camp.

“I don’t believe we’re on Hard Knocks,” Dorsey said on ESPN Cleveland 850, via Cleveland.com. “I don’t think there’s anything good that comes out of Hard Knocks, but we’ll see.”

With Dorsey in his first season, the first overall pick in the draft in quarterback Baker Mayfield and several other notable acquisitions after an 0-16 season, the Browns have plenty of storylines for producers to craft a show around.

The Chargers are another team that can be forced to do the show and their General Manager Tom Telesco said earlier this year that he can see some benefits to the experience even if he is “not entirely” comfortable with inviting cameras into camp.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/02/18 06:23 PM
I hope he's right.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/02/18 06:28 PM
I hope we aren't on Hard Knocks but I think both elibility requirements and storylines are there.

If Dorsey doesn't want Hard Knocks, he'll have to fire Hue. That's the last remaining option to disqualify Cleveland immediately because teams with new HCs can opt out, IIRC. But that ain't happening...it's not realistic.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/03/18 12:55 AM
Bring it on... I know it's a distraction for them but I love seeing the inside... loved when they'd did the texans... it's a mixed bag he teams far after being on hard knocks...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/03/18 11:23 PM
Hue would spend all of his time talking for the camera shot and not talking to players.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 04:01 PM
And your hate is continuing to infest all parts of the board. You've turned into the "Get off my yard" guy.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 04:41 PM
He has yet to bring up Hue in the NHL playoffs thread...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 05:16 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And your hate is continuing to infest all parts of the board. You've turned into the "Get off my yard" guy.

Why do his posts bother you so much?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Because Pit wants to be the "Get off my yard" guy.. he feels threatened. tongue
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 05:42 PM

Oh it doesn't bother me as much as you may think. I just feel maybe he doesn't realize just how obsessed he actually is about it. When you can't go a day without carrying on about it and it festers every forum on the board, I'm beginning to think my old friend may need help. lmao
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 06:05 PM

Oh it doesn't bother me as much as you may think.

And then:

Quote:

I just feel maybe he doesn't realize just how obsessed he actually is about it. When you can't go a day without carrying on about it and it festers every forum on the board, I'm beginning to think my old friend may need help. lmao

Hmmm.....
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 06:08 PM
Yeah arch, that's it. lmao
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 07:48 PM
Happy Birthday DC. laugh
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 08:28 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Happy Birthday DC. laugh

Thank you.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/04/18 10:59 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Because Pit wants to be the "Get off my yard" guy.. he feels threatened. tongue

Its not "get off my yard", dammit. Its either "get off my grass" or "get outta my yard", dammit. Its MY gig, dammit, I invented grouchy old guy on the porch.

Dammit.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/05/18 05:09 PM
Has the team to be featured officially been decided?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/05/18 05:12 PM
Has the team to be featured officially been decided?
not yet. There aren't many teams that are eligible:

1. No playoffs from the previous year
2. No new head coach
3. Can't have been on the show the past 10 years

So that leaves who?

I see Cleveland and SF as the two best options
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/05/18 05:14 PM
the eligible teams:

49ers
Browns
Broncos
Chargers
Redskins
Ravens
Posted By: jaybird Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/06/18 01:39 AM
Redksins, 49ers and Browns have the biggest stories...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/17/18 02:11 PM
Will become official later today: Browns selected to be featured team on this summer’s Hard Knocks, per source.

Bonus Browns, more Mayfield.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/997105585492504576
According to Adam Schefter:

Adam Schefter Twitter Browns to be featured on Hard Knocks
Never thought much insight was gained from all that.. All about staged drama.
So, QB controversy, endless ongoing crap about our "perfect season," recounting # of QB's,
I sincerely hope that 'Hard Knocks' will cover the team as it is. The other junk is admittedly us as well. Just tired of endless criticism of Browns while we ignore some good stuff. The negatives are documented. Break some new and positive ground to match the nonsense you seem ready to write that has happened already.
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan

Perfect for our head coach and defensive coordinator.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/17/18 02:22 PM
I'm still of the opinion that this could be neat but I'd prefer they just leave the Browns alone to work out their issues and become a decent team. The last thing this team needs is any added drama that a show like this can bring...
Ugggh. Wanted nothing to do with this and it made me happy to hear that Dorsey was against it as well.

Browns' John Dorsey doesn't think anything good comes out of Hard Knocks

TIM DANIELS
MAY 2, 2018

Cleveland Browns general manager John Dorsey said Wednesday said he doesn't believe there are positives that could come from being on HBO's Hard Knocks.

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com passed along comments Dorsey made on ESPN Radio Cleveland with the Browns being one of six teams the NFL could force to appear on the annual documentary series during training camp.

"I don't believe we're on Hard Knocks," he said. "I don't think there's anything good that comes out of Hard Knocks, but we'll see."

The Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco 49ers and Washington Redskins are the other teams who fit the NFL's criteria for the show. Interested franchises were also allowed to volunteer to appear.

Dorsey said he wouldn't fight the decision if the league chooses the team, per Cabot.

Cleveland could be an intriguing option given the storylines heading into the 2018 season.

The Browns are coming off an 0-16 campaign but decided to keep head coach Hue Jackson despite a 1-31 record across two years. He'll likely be on the hot seat, though.

Their lack of success landed them the first overall pick in the draft, which led to the selection of polarizing quarterback prospect Baker Mayfield. His style, which lands somewhere between confident and cocky, would be perfect for Hard Knocks.

Cleveland also features wide receivers Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry, defensive end Myles Garrett, the first overall pick in last year's draft, and this year's fourth pick, cornerback Denzel Ward, for additional star power.

Meanwhile, the Browns acquired quarterback Tyrod Taylor in a trade with the Buffalo. He'll compete with Mayfield for the starting job during camp and the preseason.

So all those elements could make Cleveland a popular choice for the show, though Dorsey doesn't see it helping as the team attempts to finally turn a corner in its rebuilding efforts.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/17/18 02:24 PM
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Baker Mayfield vs. Tyrod Taylor will on display this summer for all the world to see.

The Browns have been selected to be on the HBO's popular Hard Knocks this summer, in conjunction with NFL Films. They were chosen from a pool of six finalists including the 49ers, Broncos, Redskins, Chargers, and Ravens, a league source confirmed for cleveland.com.

The 16-time Sports Emmy Award-winning docu-series will include five hour-long episodes from Aug. 7th through Sept. 4th. The official title is Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns, coming off an 0-16 season, have been asked to be on Hard Knocks several times, but have respectfully asked the NFL and HBO not to choose them for a variety of reasons, including Jackson was coming off a 1-15 season last summer.

He even stated last year that he wanted no part of the behind-the-scenes look at the Browns.

This time, they felt the timing was right. Even Browns GM John Dorsey came around.

Last month, on Browns radio partner ESPN 850, Dorsey said, "I don't think there's anything good that comes out of Hard Knocks, but we'll see.''

Later in that same interview he said, "I can go either way. It is what it is, but I'm OK with it."

Jackson and Browns defensive coordinator Gregg Williams have both been on the popular series, Jackson with the Bengals in 2013 and Williams with the Rams in 2016.

Some storylines the series this summer will be:

1. No. 1 overall pick Mayfield vs. Taylor at QB. Jackson has vowed that Taylor is the starter, but Mayfield insisted, "I'm still going to go out and try to win the job.''

2. Josh Gordon in his first full season back with the club after being suspended for 56 of his first 96 games, and for all of the 2017 offseason. In addition to coming back strong himself, Gordon will have the chance to mentor fourth-round receiver Antonio Callaway

3. Dorsey and his revamped front office in their first season on the job. The crew includes assistant GM Eliot Wolf and Vice President of Player Personnel Alonzo Highsmith.

4. Jackson coming off an 0-16 season -- and his plunge into Lake Erie on June 1st, which will likely be filmed by HBO and featured on the show. Jackson is in his first season without former Browns head of football operations Sashi Brown, who presided over an analytics-heavy front office.

5. 2016 No. 15 overall pick Corey Coleman will be battling for playing time on a receiving corps upgraded with Jarvis Landry and Callaway.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/05/browns_will_be_on_hbos_hard_kn.html
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/17/18 02:29 PM
Quote:
Baker Mayfield vs. Tyrod Taylor will on display this summer for all the world to see.

LMAO.. EXACTLY the kind of drama I just said we don't need...
MKC starts the parade. Those stories probably were not the piston driving this choice. Glad Dorsey didna favor it. If we gotta, let's just get it over with. But I would love to give them something they cannot ignore and just must write about.
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan

Perfect for our head coach and defensive coordinator.
Haley likes his share of drama, he was endlessly the topic of discussion in Pittsburgh being at bars and starting fights.
The worst part of this, in my view, is that the show will drive QB controversy. I think the team would like nothing more than to play Taylor and let Mayfield acclimate to the NFL. Well, maybe the team would like Mayfield to prove without doubt he's ready day 1, but my point is still that the show wants and needs drama to keep viewers interested, and nothing will provide that better than QB controversy involving the first overall draft pick. The team does not need that.
ugh, here we go
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/17/18 02:46 PM
I figured this would happen. Not ideal IMO. But unavoidable.

I was hoping SF would be the pick
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
So, QB controversy, endless ongoing crap about our "perfect season," recounting # of QB's,
I sincerely hope that 'Hard Knocks' will cover the team as it is. The other junk is admittedly us as well. Just tired of endless criticism of Browns while we ignore some good stuff. The negatives are documented. Break some new and positive ground to match the nonsense you seem ready to write that has happened already.

There isn't commentary with the show...it is what it is, an inside look at the previous week in Berea. They won't be rehashing anything in the past unless it't the players and/or coaches doing the rehashing.

I expect to see a QB room working together for a common goal, not a controversy. The players that are in that room are the reason why I say that. They are all team oriented players.

Anyone that expects to gain some secret knowledge of the team, or talking heads bashing or discussing the Browns at all will be disappointed.

Hard Knocks is a show that basically recounts the prior week in Berea and that is all..It will have access to coaches and player meetings, practices, etc. I do believe they only show practices that are open to media, so nothing will be revealed.

Entertainment, that is all this is...
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
The worst part of this, in my view, is that the show will drive QB controversy. I think the team would like nothing more than to play Taylor and let Mayfield acclimate to the NFL. Well, maybe the team would like Mayfield to prove without doubt he's ready day 1, but my point is still that the show wants and needs drama to keep viewers interested, and nothing will provide that better than QB controversy involving the first overall draft pick. The team does not need that.

I disagree, no drama will be needed to get viewers. I would lay odds this will be the highest rated Hard Knocks to date. The Browns Backers are the largest single group of fans in the NFL. It won't be hard to muster viewership. Outside that group, the hardcore NFL fans watch it no matter who is on there, I have watched every season. Then there will be the other group that wants to see all the new pieces that the Browns have obtained.

It will be a fun experience, imho. I don't think there will be anything negative to come from it.
Originally Posted By: IrishDawg42
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain

I disagree, no drama will be needed to get viewers. I would lay odds this will be the highest rated Hard Knocks to date. The Browns Backers are the largest single group of fans in the NFL. It won't be hard to muster viewership. Outside that group, the hardcore NFL fans watch it no matter who is on there, I have watched every season. Then there will be the other group that wants to see all the new pieces that the Browns have obtained.

It will be a fun experience, imho. I don't think there will be anything negative to come from it.

Just imagine last season with Hard Knocks, it would be the greatest show on TV... people love blood and train wrecks...

I would start by adding some piranas in lake Erie, just in case Hue decides to jump...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/17/18 03:05 PM
HBO Sports, NFL Films and the Cleveland Browns team up for an unfiltered all-access look at what it takes to make it in the National Football League when HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE CLEVELAND BROWNS kicks off its five-episode season this summer. Spotlighting this AFC North franchise that has the hometown region excited as a wave of new young players and veteran acquisitions get acclimated to the team, the 13th edition of the 16-time Sports Emmy® Award-winning series debuts TUESDAY, AUG. 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT). Other hour-long episodes of the first sports-based reality series – and one of the fastest-turnaround programs on TV – debut subsequent Tuesdays at the same time, with encore plays Wednesday nights, culminating in the Sept. 4 season finale.

“HARD KNOCKS returns with 91 football players determined to fulfill their NFL dreams, yet only 53 will succeed,” says Peter Nelson, executive vice president, HBO Sports. “The standard set by this landmark program is for fans to witness the truth as it unfolds: no staging, no second takes, no varnish. We are grateful to the Browns organization for allowing us to spend the summer with the team in what promises to be an intriguing training camp experience.”

“The storylines in Cleveland are compelling, which make the Browns an ideal partner on Hard Knocks,” says NFL Films senior executive Ross Ketover. “We’re looking forward to showing NFL fans around the world what the Haslams, John Dorsey, Hue Jackson and the coaching staff are doing to rebuild the team and reboot one of the most iconic franchises in sports.”

Camera crews will head to Berea, Ohio in the next few weeks to begin filming, with the action heating up in August when the cinema verité show focuses on the daily lives and routines of players and coaches. HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE CLEVELAND BROWNS will chronicle head coach Hue Jackson entering his third season leading the team and an intriguing mix of young emerging stars, established veterans, free agent additions and highly-regarded rookie hopefuls throughout training camp and the preseason. The Browns compete in the hard-nosed AFC North where they maintain an intense rivalry with each of their opponents and have their sights set on ascending in the standings. Each week, viewers will get an inside look as players experience the daily rigors of an NFL training camp. Cameras will document hours of conditioning practices and meetings, while chronicling players as they compete for a roster spot and bond off the field.

“NFL Films has always been exceptional at bringing fans closer to the game and they do an outstanding job with every show they produce, including HBO’s Hard Knocks,” said Cleveland Browns owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam. “We have been asked multiple times about being featured on Hard Knocks, and we really felt like it was our turn this year and the timing was right. We want to be great partners in this league, and we also recognize Hard Knocks gives fans a special opportunity to learn more about our team and players. Organizationally, we are confident about where we are headed, but we have a lot of work to do in order for this franchise to earn the respect of our fans on the field. We understand winning is ultimately most important to our fans. We’re looking forward to partnering with HBO and NFL Films to show how our team is working hard at training camp to prepare for the 2018 season.”

“I’ve been a part of Hard Knocks and when you experience it first hand, you come to appreciate the inside look it really gives fans,” said head coach Hue Jackson. “We are excited about what we are building within our organization and feel good about the progress we have made this offseason. Being able to bring our fans in so they can get to know our players and our organization in a different way will be a huge positive for us. I want people to see how much our players and coaches care, how hard they work and how badly they want to win for Cleveland. This will be a great opportunity for our team.”

“Like many, I was reluctant about being the featured team on Hard Knocks but once we sat down and talked about it as an organization, I feel a lot better and understand why the time is right,” said general manager John Dorsey. “Hue and I both feel like this team is in a good place and that we are in the process of building something that will lead to success. Being a part of Hard Knocks will give our fans the opportunity to see how passionate the people in our building are about winning and how excited we are about getting to work and preparing for the 2018 season.”

A 30-person NFL Films crew will be in Browns training camp at team headquarters in Berea, Ohio shooting more than 2,000 hours of footage over the course of the series. Camera and sound crews will have unencumbered access to players’ and coaches’ meeting rooms, training rooms, living quarters and practice fields.

No other sports reality series can match the production excellence, critical acclaim, awards and audience numbers posted by HARD KNOCKS, which has produced 62 memorable episodes and one anniversary special in its first 12 seasons. Episodes have averaged 3.9 million viewers over the past four seasons.

Winner of 16 Sports Emmy® Awards to date, HARD KNOCKS launched with the Baltimore Ravens in 2001, followed by the Dallas Cowboys in 2002, and resumed in 2007 with the Kansas City Chiefs, subsequently spotlighting the Cowboys (2008), Cincinnati Bengals (2009), New York Jets (2010), Miami Dolphins (2012), Bengals (2013), Atlanta Falcons (2014), Houston Texans (2015) and Los Angeles Rams (2016). The 2017 edition chronicled the NFC South Tampa Bay Buccaneers and captured the Sports Emmy® for Outstanding Serialized Documentary. HARD KNOCKS has won a Sports Emmy® every year it has aired since 2008.

Six of the last eight teams featured on HARD KNOCKS have equaled or improved their win-loss record in the regular season. Teams who have recently earned playoff berths immediately following their appearance on HARD KNOCKS include the Bengals (2009, 2013), Jets (2010) and Houston Texans (2015).

The Washington Post wrote, “Turning football players into people is what HBO’s Hard Knocks series does so well. The massive scope, meticulous editing and time-hopping special effects that highlight a production under massive time constraints are all impressive, but it’s the film crew’s access to NFL players that makes the program special.” New York’s Daily News termed it “the gold standard of sports reality programming,” while espnW wrote, “The return of the NFL season also means the return of one of the best shows on television, ‘Hard Knocks.’ This [is a] rare look at how any given moment can be the end of a season or even a career.”

Winner of 127 Sports Emmy® Awards, NFL Films remains a gold standard in sports television, providing unprecedented access to and legendary storytelling about the sport of professional football. NFL Films is a part of NFL Media, the owned and operated media division of the National Football League, which comprises NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, NFL Now, NFL Mobile from Verizon and NFL RedZone.

HARD KNOCKS: TRAINING CAMP WITH THE CLEVELAND BROWNS will be narrated by Liev Schreiber. 2018 will mark the 12th season with Liev voicing the NFL weekly training camp series.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...medium=referral
https://www.hbo.com/hard-knocks

already on the official site
2017 vs. 2018 is night and day for the Cleveland Browns. There are experienced people in every aspect of the organization now. Hue is the least experienced on the team, only having 3 years of HC experience.

Gregg Williams 18 years as a DC, 2017 same
Todd Haley 8 years as a OC, 2017 Dual role HC, Hue as OC 5 years, but 4 different places
Amos Jones 8 years as a STC, 2017 had an experienced STC
Maybe most importantly, John Dorsey replaced 2nd year Sashi Brown, his 5 years as GM at Green Bay and Kansas City brought much needed help to filling the roles needed to form a sustainable team that can compete.

What they lacked in veteran leadership in 2017 has been replaced with a multitude of veterans in 2018. None more important than the QB room.

QB room: 2017-combined experience 2 years, 8 starts (that's THREE QBs), 2018 has 15 years of experience with 60 NFL starts.

This is a different team...
Awesome news. I like hard knocks except for showing the guys getting axed. That's just poor taste. I don't need to see a kids reaction when he sees all his hopes n dreams crushed. The rest is good stuff.
Love this. Can’t wait to watch.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/17/18 05:04 PM
Hopefully we get to see Gregg ripping into people and etc. Going have to gain access to HBO now, but I want to see this.
heck yeah, I'm excited!
Things that are not fair!! I don't have HBO!!
I'm actually pretty pumped for this.

Neither do I but all I need is one good rain storm and I will have it for free.

We have Direct TV.. If we get a really bad storm and I'm watching something important (happened during game 7 of the NBA championship 2 years ago with about 10 minutes to go in the game and was out for 2 minutes)... my wife will call DTV and complain and their go-to "We're sorry for the inconvenience" is to give you 6 free months of HBO.. I just have to wait for the right moment to call.
I'm pretty excited. Hard Knocks doesn't really tell you much, but the best thing is seeing the players' personalities come out during the show. I just wonder if the fake quotes in the training room are still up.
My guesses as to who will be the focuses:

1. Baker Mayfield (obviously)
2. Jarvis Landry (his personality is gregarious)
3. Josh Gordon (this may actually help to keep him focused)
4. Tyrod Taylor (mostly when competing with Baker)
5. Joe Thomas
6. 3-4 random rookies/end of the roster guys
7. Hue Jackson
8. Cleveland's pathetic history
j/c

I am a regular viewer of Hard Knocks. From my experience they seem to give out a positive vibe about the teams they cover. The hope for improvement and often focus on the fringe players. Players fighting to make the team. As far as the coverage they provide, it's generally positive and a good look for the team they are covering.

My only worry about it is as it may become somewhat of a distraction. The focus needs to be about improvement and the players developing a rapport among themselves. I'm not sure how Hard Knocks being there all of the time will impact that but it's my only real concern.
Quote:
My only worry about it is as it may become somewhat of a distraction. The focus needs to be about improvement and the players developing a rapport among themselves. I'm not sure how Hard Knocks being there all of the time will impact that but it's my only real concern.

I'm sure it will be a novelty the first couple days, hopefully they just tune it all out after that...

On the positive side, maybe this notion that everything they do could be filmed, it will just be that much more of an incentive to focus more and work harder because nobody wants to be "that guy" that gets caught on camera slacking off... not even once.
'Hard Knocks' to bring Browns' Hope Season to focus

The rumors became official Thursday when it was announced the Cleveland Browns will be the focus of the 13th season of HBO's groundbreaking NFL documentary series, "Hard Knocks."

How should we feel about this? For most of the millennium -- well, save for the year Johnny Manziel got drafted and within weeks was floating on a large rubber water bird -- a Browns "Hard Knocks" season would be met with a Liz Lemon-level eye roll from football fans who'd rather roll the dice with a shady hitchhiker than watch a five-part deep dive on the least successful franchise in North American sports. But this appears to be the start of a new era for the Browns, who spent a ton of money in free agency and imported some elite college talent following their historic-in-a-sad-way 0-16 season.

Yes, it's Hope Season once more in Cleveland, and a lot of people -- this writer included -- believe this could be the first time in forever that hope doesn't take the first train out of town come September. Then there's this take from my pal and "Around The NFL Podcast" cohort, Marc Sessler, a lifelong Browns fan who sees this team as unique in the show's two-decade history: "The Browns, more than any team ever on 'Hard Knocks,' bring a wild psychic energy of past and recent failure -- half the story is trying to shake that off."

Can the Browns do it? Or is this just the latest setup for another long winter on the clock at the Factory of Sadness? It all makes for some compelling premium cable programming and it starts on Aug. 7. Here are some subplots we're looking forward to this season:

Baker Mayfield is in the house
It's easy to admire Cleveland's moxie. The "safe" move was to take USC wonderboy Sam Darnold with the first overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. Darnold was the consensus top QB of the class -- a hyper-talented prospect with a cool, reserved demeanor and zero serious red flags to speak of. Darnold is essentially the "Young Franchise Quarterback" churned out of central casting in Hollywood. You'd think the Browns, stung so horribly by their failed Manziel experiment, would gravitate toward a prospect like Darnold and run -- no, sprint -- away from any college passer tagged with non-flattering comparisons to Johnny Football. But the Browns didn't get scared off; they identified Mayfield as their guy and made their move. It will be fun to get to know Mayfield, who will undoubtedly be a subject of primary focus.

Hue Jackson's 'Hard Knocks' encore

This will not be Hue Jackson's first "Hard Knocks" rodeo. The embattled Browns coach (it's now a sportswriting rule that "embattled" comes before "Browns coach") was the offensive coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals when that team had its second HBO star turn in the summer of 2013. Jackson came off as smart, capable and well-liked back then -- I remember thinking about how much Jackson made sense as a future head coach while watching him. Well, Hue's 1-31 in two years in Cleveland. Honestly, it's a minor miracle that Hue even survived 0-16, and 2018 sets up as his his last shot to establish himself as an NFL head coach. In my office, colleagues are already making friendly wagers on whether or not the season premiere opens with Hue jumping into Lake Erie (Jackson made the promise before last season that he'd take the plunge if Browns didn't improve on their 1-15 record from 2016. Oof.) If I had to guess the opening scene, I'd go with the "Obligatory Head Coach Hype Speech In First Team Meeting," but I could certainly be wrong.

A compelling wide receivers room
The craziest thing about the Browns right now: All the optimistic takes about their 2018 prospects are rooted in actual sound logic! That logic being that Cleveland suddenly has a roster with some real talent on both sides of the ball. That includes a wide receiver corps that includes the newly acquired Jarvis Landry and returning veteran Josh Gordon, in line to start his first season in years without the "s" word (suspension) hanging over it. We'll also get a look at Corey Coleman, a former first-round pick who has underwhelmed in his first two seasons and rookie fourth-round pick Antonio Callaway, another tantalizing talent who could not stay out of trouble in college. It's a talented, potentially combustible group. If Kenny Britt was still on the team, the wide receivers room would actually catch on fire.

John Dorsey puts on a brave face
Browns general manager John Dorsey made no secret of his desire to keep the Browns off HBO this summer.

"I don't believe we're on 'Hard Knocks,' " Dorsey told ESPN Cleveland 850 earlier this month. "I don't think there's anything good that comes out of 'Hard Knocks,' but we'll see."

We certainly shall. For the record, the Browns checked all the boxes for mandatory "Knocks" inclusion. They a) do not have a new head coach; b) have not qualified for the playoffs in the past two seasons; and c) have not appeared on "Hard Knocks" in the past 10 years. Which isn't to assume that the Browns were indeed forcefully compelled to star on the show -- powerful people above the GM might see the program as an ideal vehicle for promotion and brand-building.

After the "Hard Knocks" engagement was official, Dorsey walked back his previous comments, explaining that he "feel[s] a lot better and understand[s] why the time is right." I'm not sure we should actually buy that, and it will be interesting to see how much the general manager, as well as team owner Jimmy Haslam, show up during the five-episode arc. In some "Hard Knocks" seasons you can't get front office officials off the screen; in others years, the suits are almost entirely invisible. My prediction: We'll end up seeing plenty of Dorsey, despite his initial protestations. He seems like a dude who doesn't mind the spotlight.

It's the Todd & Gregg Show!
Gregg Williams is like the "Hard Knocks" version of Jason from "Halloween." Just when you think he's gone he comes roaring back to life. Two summers ago, Williams glowered all over your flatscreen as the defensive coordinator of a very bad and sad Los Angeles Rams team. Williams came off more or less exactly as we imagined the one-time Bountygate conspirator to be. (Think Bud Kilmer from "Varsity Blues" but with a neatly maintained goatee.) Every good story needs a villain, and while I think it's unfair to paint Williams with that brush, we can at least say "Hard Knocks" has a Mean Uncle to weave into the narrative.

As for Todd Haley, here's to hoping he fires off a couple of potshots on Ben Roethlisberger when he thinks cameras aren't rolling.

The fans
No NFL fanbase has dealt with more misery than Browns supporters, who lost their team entirely in the '90s, got it back after three years of darkness, and were rewarded for their patience and loyalty with two decades of punishing abject failure. "Hard Knocks" producers would be wise to give us a taste of Browns fandom this summer. What's kept the faithful faithful during an unmatched run of organizational ineptitude? There are loyal sports fans and then there are Browns fans. Take us inside the Dawg Pound.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ign=Twitter_atn
How many minutes into the first episode will we see a replay of the drive?

Do you have a Roku or other streaming device? There are free one month trials for HBO through Amazon, Hulu and I'm sure some other services...
How many minutes into the first episode will we see a replay of the drive?

Less than one, my friend lol.
I suspect that the 1st 10 minutes of the 1st episode, at least, will be a retrospect of the heartache we have faced, and the futility we've experienced since the team returned in 1999.
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Love this. Can’t wait to watch.

Same here.. more Browns coverage and inside viewing is awesome... can't wait...
j/c....

First look...

Video - HBO Hard Knocks: Cleveland Browns

I might have to order HBO just for this.

The last time I tried to order HBO, it screwed up my internet service.

Comcast has since then sent me a new modem and has a new system.

So I might try again.
Over/Under of how many "buddy boys" will be spoken in the 6 episodes?
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 11:51 AM
Whoops, I posted this because I didn't see it anywhere else. My bad... I just missed it. Sorry.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 12:27 PM
Can the old episodes be accessed later through HBO on demand? Meaning can I watch last years Hard Knocks right now if I get HBO today?
I ask because I’m only minorly interested in watching it. Much depends on how our season goes. If we suck then I won’t care to watch. If we actually turn the corner I’d be interested. I’m done getting emotionally invested in the off season. I’m done with listening to any of them until they produce wins.
So if I can watch reruns later, when I get HBO for Game of Thrones, I’ll watch then if the team shows signs of not completely sucking. If we suck, who cares what any of these guys say or do anyway.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 01:03 PM
I think you can still see hard knocks from last season, but i'll check for you later
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 04:35 PM
I have always liked the show.

It gives you a front row seat inside pro football. Like any business you realize how cold it can be.

Everybody has a story. Lots of guys to pull for. But in the end: it's just business.

What will be cool this year is seeing the Browns up close and personal.

You don't gain much as far a pure football but you do see the human side of things. The interaction with coaches and FO.

I am looking forward to it..
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 04:45 PM
I know that you can get the last one. I just checked, and the only episodes I see are from The Tampa Bay Bucs... I think that was last summer.

Nothing previous to that shows up

They start showing it in August of 2018
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 05:33 PM
Cool. GOT starts in 2019 so I guess if this team isn’t another steaming turd I’ll have to get HOB in November or December and check out Hard Knocks. If we are still an NFL punchline I’ll wait until GOT returns and either not watch it at all, or watch it with disgust that we’ve ‘different crew/same resulted’ another Browns’ season.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 06:44 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Cool. GOT starts in 2019 so I guess if this team isn’t another steaming turd I’ll have to get HOB in November or December and check out Hard Knocks. If we are still an NFL punchline I’ll wait until GOT returns and either not watch it at all, or watch it with disgust that we’ve ‘different crew/same resulted’ another Browns’ season.

Just get caught up on Westworld.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 05/18/18 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Just get caught up on Westworld.

Wait for the Dolby Vision discs.
So, does that mean Comcast suits you? Our cable service changed again from TW to Spectrum. Just wondered if you like yours overall as far as service and quality.
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
So, does that mean Comcast suits you? Our cable service changed again from TW to Spectrum. Just wondered if you like yours overall as far as service and quality.

I think it's way over priced. I have Comcast cable and internet. I think it's kind of average. Sometimes their equipment and service is kind of flakey.

I used to have AT&T internet, it wasn't much better.
Doesn't the Browns series begin in early August? If so, that will give us approx a month/4 episodes to watch before the season begins. We wont really know how good we are by the time it airs.

I don't have HBO nor cable. I may have to find some friends who do and show up on their doorstep with a six pack every week to watch.

Portland, you got HBO?
Doesn't the Browns series begin in early August? If so, that will give us approx a month/4 episodes to watch before the season begins. We wont really know how good we are by the time it airs.

I don't have HBO nor cable. I may have to find some friends who do and show up on their doorstep with a six pack every week to watch.

Portland, you got HBO?

I replied earlier in the thread. I’m letting it play out before I buy into hype. They start winning and I’ll get HBO. You can come over we’ll watch all the episodes, on demand, in one afternoon. Say, mid-November or so. If they play like crap, I’ll have no interest in watching them on Hard Knocks as they ‘prepared to suck’ once again.
Experience the suck as it happens.
Experience the suck as it happens.

I think you’re being too hard on them. I can see mediocrity in our future.
Doesn't the Browns series begin in early August?

August 7th!
Just to let people know ..... HBO Now is offering a free 1st month.

I think that I am going to be cheap, and wait until the 1st episode airs, and when the 2nd airs, I will sin up for the freebie. wink
Just to let people know ..... HBO Now is offering a free 1st month.

I think that I am going to be cheap, and wait until the 1st episode airs, and when the 2nd airs, I will sin up for the freebie. wink
I like the way you think smile
But will the offer for one free month still be available in August?
I think that it's pretty much a continual thing.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 06/14/18 03:49 PM

Head coach Hue Jackson, GM John Dorsey along with players Christian Kirksey, Jarvis Landry and Jabrill Peppers talk about the Cleveland Browns being chosen for Hard Knocks. Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cleveland Browns premieres Aug. 7.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/10/18 11:40 AM

For super fans in Cleveland, the Browns are a religion. Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cleveland Browns premieres August 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/10/18 01:28 PM
Get ready for plenty of "This is the Dawg Pound" ... fly overs of Lake Erie ... mentions of the "QB Jersey"
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/10/18 02:52 PM
There's my friend/coworker Scott in the white Jim Brown jersey. smile

(and, that actually sounded like his voice doing the "Here we go Brownies, here we go" chant)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 06:41 PM

Cleveland Browns fans show their resilience and their excitement for the upcoming season. Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cleveland Browns premieres August 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 06:46 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Cleveland Browns fans show their resilience and their excitement for the upcoming season. Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cleveland Browns premieres August 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.

LETS GOOOOOOO ....
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 06:47 PM
j/c:

This is the second Hard Knocks trailer where they have focused primarily on the fans instead of the team. Do people recall this being a common theme for other HN teams? Just curious.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 06:49 PM
j/c:

This is the second Hard Knocks trailer where they have focused primarily on the fans instead of the team. Do people recall this being a common theme for other HN teams? Just curious.
nope, i really don't ... it used to be more promotional about story lines. I'm especially surprised they haven't built up Baker Mayfield, Hue's Lake Jump, Jarvis Landry, Tyrod, etc. Literally no talk of that stuff yet.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 07:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c:

nope, i really don't ... it used to be more promotional about story lines. I'm especially surprised they haven't built up Baker Mayfield, Hue's Lake Jump, Jarvis Landry, Tyrod, etc. Literally no talk of that stuff yet.

I can't imagine the fans being the dominant story line, and I agree, there is other stuff to focus on, like the players and potential direction. We'll see.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 07:09 PM
Well, the fans are a huge story when it comes to the Browns. Our fanbase has had to deal with "Hard Knocks" for many years. The team is important but kind of the smaller story.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 07:14 PM
j/c:

They don't have any footage yet. They were they like one day for OTAs. They also said the lake jump isn't in the show.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

LETS GOOOOOOO ....

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 08:02 PM
j/c:

They don't have any footage yet. They were they like one day for OTAs. They also said the lake jump isn't in the show.
They didn't have any footage of other teams/years at this point either ... and the trailers still focused more on player-driven story lines.

And, yes, I know they said Hue's Lake Jump would be omitted.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 08:04 PM
j/c:

They didn't have any footage of other teams/years at this point either ... and the trailers still focused more on player-driven story lines.

Yeah, there's also no highlights to show of current Browns players lol
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/18/18 08:08 PM
j/c:

Yeah, there's also no highlights to show of current Browns players lol
That's valid too ... I don't really even care haha, I'm just saying it's not their typical spiel to not show anything about the players in the trailer.

Use some OTA clips of Baker/Tyrod ... last year's highlights of Garrett ... or Josh Gordon ... etc. Oh well
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 05:42 PM
I would have preferred this video be the trailer for Hard Knocks (video in link)

Cleveland Browns: The Office Parody

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/07/nfl-browns-the-office-parody-video
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 05:48 PM
I would have preferred this video be the trailer for Hard Knocks (video in link)

classic video haha
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 05:52 PM
They released a minute long teaser of the players at OTA yesterday. HBO must be very touched into this forum.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 05:53 PM
Maybe I'm with HBO? ooo
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 10:43 PM
The office skit is classic...

The Myles Garrett part is priceless...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 11:50 PM
Well, the fans are a huge story when it comes to the Browns. Our fanbase has had to deal with "Hard Knocks" for many years. The team is important but kind of the smaller story.

Exactly...we've sucked for years and yet have a crazy hard core loyal fan base... that's a huge story...

Don't think the whole series will be about the fans, but not surprised that we are most likely going to be a big story line...

Can't wait...
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 11:52 PM
The trailer gave me chills.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 07/19/18 11:57 PM

I totally loved it.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:35 AM
Tonight is episode 1...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:02 AM
man, i wish i could watch tonight ... gotta wait til the morning
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:20 AM
Me too, to both.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:30 AM
Jarvis Landry is easily the best trade we ever pulled off. I love this dude.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:33 AM
#TheLand-ry
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Jarvis Landry is easily the best trade we ever pulled off. I love this dude.

Jarvis Landry's speech he gave in the WR meeting room may have been the best thing I have ever seen. Something that has probably needed to be said in that building since 1999.

Love that guy.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:44 AM
Man, watching Hue fight through this with his brother and mother passing..man this is uncomfortable to watch.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:53 AM
What a first episode.

Jarvis freaking Landry.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:58 AM
Outstanding first episode!

Also, I definitely get the impression Gordon is returning.

Hue was very emotional. Obviously a tough time for him.

Can't wait for next Tuesday.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:00 AM

We found a transcendent leader in Jarvis Landry. Culture can't change unless there are willing participants. He made it clear in no uncertain terms that the days of lackadaisical approach and laziness ore GONE. At least while he's in the room. Wow.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:04 AM
As i was saying in the other thread. I really didn't like how they showed footage about Hue's grieving for his mother and brother.

I don't think they needed to do that. Really kind of bothered me.

This is the first time I've seen the show really. I think i'm really gonna not like the cut-down parts
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:05 AM
Landry, Haley and Williams are just what this team needs to change the losing, weak-ass culture.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:09 AM
Carl Nassib is funny as hell.

"The other walk on is back there."
"I met Taylor Swift before her concert. I thought about buying a rolex right before to let her know I have that. But I didn't."

Great episode. I'm actually glad we got it this year. It gives a good inside look to us fans. You know, I wasn't crazy about the Jarvis trade before, but I think he's exactly the guy we needed.
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:09 AM
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
As i was saying in the other thread. I really didn't like how they showed footage about Hue's grieving for his mother and brother.

I concur. I am not a Hue Jackson fan, but I think invading his grief like that overstepped the bounds.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:11 AM
I'll be shocked if Hue lasts the year.
Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:18 AM
Having watched a number of other seasons of Hard Knocks, I have to reluctantly say that I found this first episode about the Browns to be rather dull and flat compared to other teams. Hopefully things will start to get interesting next week. Mind you, there were some good moments here and there, but mostly it was an exercise in watching paint dry.

My greater worry is that the dull flatness has more to do with the team on display rather than a drop off in production quality by NFL Films. If that's the case, this is going to be a rough year.

On a different note, just how embarrassing are these arm tattoos that Dorsey now regrets so much that he wears a long-sleeve sweatshirt everywhere and all the time? What, did he have some hack tattoo artist scribble in German gothic lettering, "Abelard and Heloise Love Letters Make Me Hard!", on his forearm when he was a teenager?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:20 AM
j/c....

Jarvis Landry's timeline on Twitter is blowing up w/ "thank you's" from Browns fans for the speech he gave in that WR meeting room.

Instant fan favorite.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:23 AM
Not just a long sleeve sweatshirt. He also has a button up shirt underneath that sweatshirt. No one's seeing his bare arms.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:25 AM
Some things that stood out for me:

--The RV thing is weird. Making the 4th string qb buy all that stuff. Status bullcrap. Not a good look.

--I liked how Dorsey and the other dudes were there for Hue. I truly think Dorsey and Hue have a great relationship.

--Hue's talk w/Baker was poignant. Taylor is outworking him. Wise up, rook.

--Landry's hands are amazing.

--I liked Kirksey's message.

--Nassib is weird. You're at camp, bro.

--Easy to see what a losing culture does. Lot's of guys not invested.

--Saw some tension between Hue and Haley on guys practicing. I think I agree w/Haley on this one.

--Man, Myles is ripped. I also liked McGinnest w/Myles.

--The stuff w/Hue was tough.

--You can see how the players love and respect Hue.

--Taylor seems like a great guy. Not sure about that arm, though.

--I hope this puts to rest the BS that this is "Hue's team in name only." LOL

--Baker is confident. Seems a bit fake. Better be careful calling grown men "boys."

--Noticed how Gordon appreciates Hue.

--The most dramatic moment for me was Landry's speech. Dude is the real deal. He was my number one priority during the off season. Some don't like him, but this guy is the real freaking deal. We must break this trend of divas and soft players.

Overall, I think the piece was well done.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:26 AM
Overall I like the show,... Landry is awesome.... QBs were fun to watch... watching Hues grief was hard.... but I think it's a good reminder that these guys are human... like Hue said at the beginning of the episode.

I'm a huge cryer and hate to cry in front of others...but I also want young men to know it's ok to cry...

Sorry off on a tangent
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:39 AM
Originally Posted By: AaigSuckinDawg
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

I concur. I am not a Hue Jackson fan, but I think invading his grief like that overstepped the bounds.

I would guess that he probably gave permission for something like that. I would hope so, anyway. If not, that goes beyond being humane in human interest.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:44 AM
I have seen it before. I just think that there is a difference between football pain and death in the family pain.

Just my opinion.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:44 AM
I've never watched Hard Knocks before, but as a Browns fan, this episode was on point!

Landry is much needed on the field but also OFF! Was he trying to motivate Coleman? Callaway? idk.

The discussion on players resting was pretty intense. I like how Haley voiced his opinion. I personally side with Hue on this one.

Nassib is weird. If he makes the 53 man, I'd be shocked.

The way Hue gets his message across to his players; It's perfect. Love him as the HC.

Quote at the end from Gregg Williams about the lozenge. Classic! I'm dying laughing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:45 AM
Nice take. I don't agree w/all of it, but you made very good points.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:47 AM
Nice take. I don't agree w/all of it, but you made very good points.

Can't wait to see how the Coleman trade situation panned out.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:51 AM
Did you see in the previews for the upcoming show, it looked like Coleman was quite animated in Hue's office? I could be wrong because it was quick.

But, after hearing Landry's talk...........I'm pretty glad CC is gone.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:08 AM
Quote:
--The RV thing is weird. Making the 4th string qb buy all that stuff. Status bullcrap. Not a good look.

He didn't have to buy anything. It was provided by the team.

Quote:
-I liked how Dorsey and the other dudes were there for Hue. I truly think Dorsey and Hue have a great relationship.

I agree

Quote:
--Hue's talk w/Baker was poignant. Taylor is outworking him. Wise up, rook.

I agree again.

Quote:
--Nassib is weird. You're at camp, bro

I find him funny as hell. I also think he gets cut.

Quote:
--Saw some tension between Hue and Haley on guys practicing. I think I agree w/Haley on this one.

I could see the tension as well. I thought Hue handled the situation as well as possible. However, I agree with you.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:12 AM
Did you see in the previews for the upcoming show, it looked like Coleman was quite animated in Hue's office? I could be wrong because it was quick.

But, after hearing Landry's talk...........I'm pretty glad CC is gone.

That’s the way I saw it as well
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:18 AM
I fully expect to see Bless’em t-shirts at camp on our fellow fans. Somebody can make some real money if the get that copyrighted! lol
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:19 AM
I wonder who the receiver with the hoodie was, in the back, laying down in his chair? I was almost surprised that Landry didn't tell him to "sit the (&%#$&^* up". rofl
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:25 AM
I wonder who the receiver with the hoodie was, in the back, laying down in his chair? I was almost surprised that Landry didn't tell him to "sit the (&%#$&^* up". rofl

belicheck spy
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I fully expect to see Bless’em t-shirts at camp on our fellow fans. Somebody can make some real money if the get that copyrighted! lol

Don't need a copyright.

Just photoshop, and cafepress.com account. wink
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:30 AM

No idea.

I found it interesting. Cause i liked that speech.

But then you had Hue and Haley talking about the necessity of rest verses practice.

Kind of new school thinking vs old school thinking.

Hue was a bit dismissive of Haley I think. Which is fine. Clearly, as the episode showed, it's Hue's team. There's no Pretend Coach or whatever thing

I like Landry. I just get nervous that if this team doesn't perform well, how his reaction will be. Just a feeling. But, Jarvis looks to be a heckuva player.

The show also gave me some excitement towards Josh Gordon. Definitely seems like he'll be back soon. That'd be a real bonus with Coleman gone and the Callaway thing.

Next week's episode looks to be exciting though
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:32 AM
Good to see Josh Gordon is still texting back and forth with Hue Jackson.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:48 AM
It's called bullyism.

Bullyism from the comfort of behind the keyboard.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 12:30 PM

https://twitter.com/RotoWearClassic/status/1027153499283496960
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 12:54 PM
Jarvis not getting this copyrighted before the first episode frown

Today, all of these star players have clothing lines. You can buy Josh Gordon designed clothes. There are a lot of other Browns players you can do this with. I'm talking graphic tees and sweats, so don't donate your craft and barrow stuff just yet.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:21 PM
My take away from hard knocks goes back to last season when Dorsey said they don’t have real football players on the roster. He was definitely on the mark.

We are in week one of camp and a veteran WR is pleading with these guys to practice? Oh hell no. I thought his speech lacked a little clarity and came off as a touch contrived but the message was clear GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND PRACTICE.

What were they even doing in a room with Carl Nassib holding court, like was this at lunch? During a break or was he holding a meeting? I don’t understand. He does look WAY bigger at practice than he does on the field...

I don’t like Gregg Williams, he comes off as disingenuous. 7 teams? Sure dude.

I did notice how well covered Landry was even if he was making catches against Ward. Ward was literally climbing on his back when he caught it. Good signs from both players.

Baker threw some dimes.

I saw Taylor lollipop a couple, but hey for completions.

Even if they weren’t focusing on it, they showed Coleman looking terrible and I get the distinct feeling Todd Haley was talking about him in the coaches meeting. Then Landry echoes the same sentiments in the WR room……

Poor kid…..fluffing a QB’s pillow? Drew Stanton is a bum has he even earned that type of revelry?

I saw Avery out of position and chasing a couple of times.

As bad as I felt for Hue, I couldn’t help but think “get the camera off this guy….come on”.

None of this looked crisp, it looked too loose and too sloppy for my liking. I know the players love hue for being a player’s coach but Baker just kind of roaming around, coach stopping him to talk to him…..awesome…..why is this a conversation we are having during training camp? Why is Baker wandering? Where are you supposed to be?

Nothing I saw last night makes me more confident in this team.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:25 PM
Also hearing that Brogran Roback wanted to get pop tarts and dorritos for the RV made me even more convinced that he is really just a hastily-made madden create-a-player
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:26 PM
I was a bit uncomfortable intruding on Hue's grief. IMO, we have a LOT of work to do, that showed last night.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:29 PM
Quote:
Even if they weren’t focusing on it, they showed Coleman looking terrible and I get the distinct feeling Todd Haley was talking about him in the coaches meeting. Then Landry echoes the same sentiments in the WR room……
I could have swore they said Duke's name??
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:30 PM
Quote:
I could have swore they said Duke's name??

Oh if they did I missed it.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:33 PM
Hue mentioned Duke by name, saying that he had a history of hamstring injuries and he doesn't want to ride him to long in practice. I don't think Jarvis was talking about Duke, because it looked like a WR meeting room. It also didn't look like Duke was in there, but I hope that he is in a few WR meetings. I feel like we've always had camp cupcake. I wonder what the numbers are across the league about these days off.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:36 PM
Quote:
None of this looked crisp, it looked too loose and too sloppy for my liking. I know the players love hue for being a player’s coach but Baker just kind of roaming around, coach stopping him to talk to him…..awesome…..why is this a conversation we are having during training camp? Why is Baker wandering? Where are you supposed to be?

I am not saying this harshly, but you must not have ever attended a TC throughout the years in Berea or ever watched NFL Network's "live reports" from other team's training camps. Guys stand around far more than they are actively participating. It's just the nature of TC.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:44 PM
Quote:

I am not saying this harshly, but you must not have ever attended a TC throughout the years in Berea or ever watched NFL Network's "live reports" from other team's training camps. Guys stand around far more than they are actively participating. It's just the nature of TC.

I almost noted that my anecdotal experience is entirely from high school. I've never been to a training camp.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:57 PM
j/c:

I haven't seen the speech yet but Joe Banner is on twitter kinda bashing Landry. Something about the "F" word every other word and players don't look all that impressed, and other players he worked with would be laughing at Landry for his approach.

Watching later should be fun and I pretty much dismiss anything Banner comments on anyways.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 01:59 PM
Yeah, it's night and day from high school.

If you ever have time, turn on NFL Network anytime between 10:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. You only have to watch for a couple of minutes and you'll see what I am talking about. Even Tom Brady does a lot of nothing.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:35 PM
Yeah, it's night and day from high school.

If you ever have time, turn on NFL Network anytime between 10:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. You only have to watch for a couple of minutes and you'll see what I am talking about. Even Tom Brady does a lot of nothing.

Yep.

They have 90 players in camp to take looks at, and only 1 set of coaches. A coach could be talking to a player, Baker, for instance, while Tyrod is in 11 on 11's, telling him what the keys are, why he does what he does, or even what he did wrong.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 02:51 PM
been awhile since the Browns had a WR or a player with that much passion.
very few players have wanted to change the losing culture since 1999.
most.were content just to get a paycheck
Weeden....Massaquoi.....Shelton...Manziel...
Wish Joe Thomas had his fire.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:34 PM
j/c:

Quote:
the look Todd Haley gave Gregg Williams after Hue Jackson said "I used to sit in the same chair you guys sat in." I. am. deceased.

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1027211723533676550
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 03:59 PM

I tend to wonder, in this day and age, how big of a problem "availability" is. Especially when it's easy to surmise that a lot of it is laziness.

"It's too hot, I don't wanna run my butt off today. Do you think the coach will give me any $h*t?"
"Nah, coach is cool - just tell him your hammy has been bothering you."

And yes, Jarvis is 100% correct - it's contagious. Many players on subpar teams are pretty sure they are locked in for a roster spot, so why bust it if you don't have to?

I know this crap doesn't happen on the Patriots field - because you flat-out won't have a job.

I agree with what RB coach Kitchens said. "Can't I just have the player dressed and ready to go and make it clear I'm aware of his limitations?" That discussion was the only part of the episode that I didn't give huge thumbs up to Hue for the way it was handled. Haley is right - there is a lot of work to do, we can't afford to "play from behind" in any aspect. While I admired Hue's leadership from the standpoint of saying "I'm the man, trust me, I'm aware to the pitfalls." I think that if there is an elephant in the room - it can't be ignored. That was a great place for a leader to talk to the field generals and discuss possible solutions / repercussions for players that seem to have a problem with "availability".

Imagine being a teacher where 20% of your students are constantly absent... and it's your job to provide make-up work whether they ask for it or not. Imagine being that teacher and your success and chances of keeping your job are graded on how the class performed overall, even if some students had little interest in participating.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:11 PM
You can buy Josh Gordon designed clothes.

How often are they eligible to be worn?
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:11 PM
I loved Jarvis speech the most. Dude just got paid and has 100% the correct and proper mindset with us.

True leader, even better of a signing than before. Liked the show though. Felt so sorry for Hue.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:20 PM
Fun to watch.

I have been a fan of the show for a long time.

Even though they know the cameras are rolling they can not escape the business of football.

It is cool to watch behind the scenes of camp.

Impressions from the first show: Laundry is the real deal. He is baller of the first degree. He will get his for sure. The guy is a hard worker who cares about winning.

Unfortunately Hue was on camera for something extremely personal. I for one would have walked away from the camera crew. Nobody wants to deal with the loss of family on camera. I feel for the guy.

Garrett is a load. He is a tough assignment for anybody.

Haley is what you thought he was; a no nonsense guy who expects full bore commitment.

Interest? Compound interest? Unreal Nassib giving a financial overview laced in swearing. These guys actually went to college? Astounding that they have no concept of basic math. So much for our educational system.

The second show should get more into football now that it has been established how bad we have been.

Corey Coleman was gone a long time ago they just couldn't find any interest. He is just like Gilbert. Not interested in putting in the effort. How can somebody get paid to draft a people like that?

Cam Erving and Corey Coleman for Carson Wentz such a deal.

Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:23 PM
Saw the Hard Knocks show last night. I wasn’t in favor of that show coming to Cleveland. Thought it would be a distraction. But in the end, I thought it was cool, I liked it.

It was hard to watch the segment on Hues grief. Very hard to watch. I can’t believe they would have shown that without his permission. Very private matter. I think I’d have not allowed it, but that’s just me.

Nassib was funny and I thought he was trying to help those guys with his discussion of money. Clearly there was at least one guy that didn’t get it. The Taylor Swift thing was funny. Hue made some fun of him.

Garrett is ripped…Damn

Landry, wow, all the one handed catches and he makes them look easy. He clearly works at his craft.

Landry again was so vocal. He doesn’t want to lose, doesn’t seem like he’ll accept losing and it looks like he was a SOLID pick up on and off the field.

Bless em is going to be on a T Shirt before the end of today..LOL

Josh Gordon does appear to be coming back based solely on the text Hue received from him offering condolences for his losses. Kind of gave me the feeling he’d be back.

*side note: was at the pub last night picking up dinner for the wife and I. Met a guy and we struck up a conversation about the Browns. His best friend works for the Browns. Regarding Josh Gordon, his friend told him that Josh didn’t want to be around the Hard Knocks crew because of the obvious questions that would arise and he thought it would be a distraction that neither he nor the team needed, thus, with the team agreement, he sat out camp. Take that with a grain of salt. I don’t know the guy I met last night, and I don’t know the name of his friend that supposedly works for the Browns. Could be a bunch of BS.

Coach Williams is one tough sounding guy. I’d rather be on his good side. But he seems to get respect.

Tyrod Taylor is a leader. Landry talking about him being the first in and the last out. Happy Birthday

The RV: Ok I’m not sure I get it but if in any way it helps, who am I to complain.

I don’t have a problem with the exchange between Jackson and Haley. Jackson is right, it’s his team to run. But I thought Haley had a good point.

Can’t wait until next week. They are going to talk about Coleman and the Giants game. Should be interesting.

I’m not going to enjoy the cut downs. I’m sure there will be more than a few surprises.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:25 PM
j/c:

I haven't seen the speech yet but Joe Banner is on twitter kinda bashing Landry. Something about the "F" word every other word and players don't look all that impressed, and other players he worked with would be laughing at Landry for his approach.

Watching later should be fun and I pretty much dismiss anything Banner comments on anyways.

Well there's a speech and then there is the player living and breathing the things he said in the speech. Banner can go kiss by shiny white behind. Hate how he feels the need to chip in on the Browns randomly. He tried and he failed. Move over.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 04:44 PM
j/c

I thought Nassib explaining both investing and time management to some players who seemed to not have a clue about either one was a great thing. To me it simply means he's a guy who cares about his team mates.

There's no doubt in my mind that Gregg Williams is an old school, hard nosed coach and from the highlights of next weeks episode, we're going to see some hard evidence of that.

Some may not have cared for the way Landry delivered his message to the WR group, but it's exactly what this team needs and this isn't the Jr. High bowling league.

The camera they used filming Hue's grief was not done by a camera crew in the later portion. It was done by a fixed, mounted camera. Hard Knocks has full access to any and all things during training camp. Many of us have had to deal with grief and know the depth of it. While it did show the human side of Hue, I thought televising this was classless on the part of Hard Knocks.

I felt the talk Hue had with Baker was something every rookie needs to hear. The QB is the field general of your team. Being the first one in and the last one out sets the tone for the entire team. Becoming an NFL QB is a learning experience. Things that many see as trivial can be a valuable tool over the life of a players career.

Overall I thought it was a pretty well done first episode. They set the tone and back story pretty well. I just hope fans will remember that the NFL isn't for the faint of heart. It's a real world survival of the fittest. If you're looking for a lot of kindness and compassion during training camp, this show most likely isn't for you.

I wish the best for Hue during his time of grief which is an ongoing process.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:02 PM
Here is the exchange between Hue and Baker that some of us were talking about earlier:

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:27 PM
j/c:

Quote:
the look Todd Haley gave Gregg Williams after Hue Jackson said "I used to sit in the same chair you guys sat in." I. am. deceased.

Quote:
We heard Todd Haley say “our team has to get mentally tougher and be able to fight through the sh* that we’ve gotta fight through. We’ve got to change this drastically.”

Well... 2017 #Browns trailed by one possession (8pts) or less in Q4 7x. They were tied or winning in Q4 3x.

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1027243822714114048

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1027243822714114048

^^ Not me ^^.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:37 PM
As I predicted, you are going out of your way to shed a negative light on Hue. You posted the Haley/Hue thing twice. Predictable behavior.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:44 PM
As I predicted, you are going out of your way to shed a negative light on Hue. You posted the Haley/Hue thing twice. Predictable behavior.

Predicted? No.
Fabricated? Yes.

The Haley look is hilarious. You're just going to have to swallow that pill.
The Aditi K. tweet was a direct result from the picture where Haley made those comments.

And I want to share that shirt with the board....it's great.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:46 PM
I really don't like the shirt. But the only reason for that is due to its accuracy.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:47 PM
No, I did predict it and it wasn't hard, because you do it all the time.

I actually sided w/Haley during the discussion, but the "look" was uncalled for.

And for those of you w/an open mind and who aren't familiar w/the rep, Todd Haley is know as an abrasive ass. He starts bar fights. His players did not like him in other places. Ben lobbied to have him canned. He is not the kind of guy that people like.

So, while Memphis will use that exchange as an indictment on Hue...........the truth of the matter might lie elsewhere.

Now, I'm done talking to you on this subject Memphis. Onward w/your quest to drum up more support for your Fire Hue campaign.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 05:52 PM
Quote:
I actually sided w/Haley during the discussion, but the "look" was uncalled for.

I really don't care where you sided with him.

Quote:
So, while Memphis will use that exchange as an indictment on Hue...........the truth of the matter might lie elsewhere.

Here we go again. So wait, you can side with Haley on his comments but I can't? Yeah, ok. rofl I haven't even watch the full episode, just like the photo and tweet.... jesus, get a freaking grip.

Quote:
Now, I'm done talking to you on this subject Memphis. Onward w/your quest to drum up more support for your Fire Hue campaign.

I suggest you go check out the 2017 Run/Pass thread I created that exhonerates Hue from people suggesting he was wildly off on his ratio of playcalling as a way to discredit him.

I don't like Hue. I've been upfront about that countless times. But the Fire Hue stuff is silly and childish, but by all means please keep brining it up. If Hue turns this team to a playoff performing team in 2018, guess what? I'm still not gonna like him. But I'm not going to want him fired.
Posted By: BrownMoose Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 06:05 PM
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/jarvis-landry-hard-knocks-speech-browns-nfl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 06:09 PM
Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure this writer has no idea of how NFL football works or the mind set it takes to succeed in the NFL.

Maybe he should stick to golf?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 06:20 PM
You can buy Josh Gordon designed clothes.

How often are they eligible to be worn?

Kudo's to you! That made me laugh out loud!!!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 06:28 PM

There has been tons of Hue threads. Some against him; some for him.

I am pulling for the guy. I want him to be successful. In general I like his approach.

It appears from this show that Dorsey is in his corner. It is imperative for success that the owner, GM and Head Coach communicate well. They can disagree on some things but they have to support each other.

At least from the outside it appears they are on the same page.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

There has been tons of Hue threads. Some against him; some for him.

I am pulling for the guy. I want him to be successful. In general I like his approach.

It appears from this show that Dorsey is in his corner. It is imperative for success that the owner, GM and Head Coach communicate well. They can disagree on some things but they have to support each other.

At least from the outside it appears they are on the same page.

Agreed. I like Hue. The players seem to like Hue. He seems like a good guy to work for.

But at some point we need results.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 06:43 PM
I always like the guy I report to that doesn't hold me accountable.

Hue needs results, now.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
I always like the guy I report to that doesn't hold me accountable.

Hue needs results, now.

This is true. I work for two buddies at this point. The Captain on my boat and the Chief Mate. Both are younger than me (i'm 32, Captain might be 29 and Chief Mate probably 26).

But it works. And since it works, it's great. We have a blast together. And as long as everyone's doing their job, we can all continue to be good buddies (which is good because they're both quality professionals, if anything i'd be the slacker).

Doesn't always work though.

He does seem like a genuinely nice guy. I think i like him even more than i liked Romeo.

But, more important than anything is results. That's what we need
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 07:25 PM
j/c:

Quote:

I don't think means anything because coaches having disagreements all the time, but Todd Haley wanted to kill Hue Jackson.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 07:50 PM

The camera they used filming Hue's grief was not done by a camera crew in the later portion. It was done by a fixed, mounted camera. Hard Knocks has full access to any and all things during training camp. Many of us have had to deal with grief and know the depth of it. While it did show the human side of Hue, I thought televising this was classless on the part of Hard Knocks.

I felt more comfortable as a viewer when I noticed that it was a fixed camera - makes a difference. I could be wrong, but I would bet that there was 100's of hours of footage from that office and anything put on Hard Knocks is okay'd by the staff.

Probably wasn't even a hard sell for Hue. I'm sure he's proud of how he handled his grief and still focused on the job at hand... I was, and so was the crew at Hard Knocks - that was obvious when the very next clip was a fiery Hue Jackson at practice and the text on the screen "One Hour Later".
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 07:56 PM
j/c:

Quote:

I don't think means anything because coaches having disagreements all the time, but Todd Haley wanted to kill Hue Jackson.

Question: Was the video of Hue saying that and Todd's reaction contiguous, or was there a cut in the video with voiceover?

If it wasn't contiguous, there is a better than even chance that you're being fed creative editing (it makes for better TV) and the two events - the words spoken and the look on Haley's face - may not have even happened in the same meeting.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 07:58 PM
They were the same meeting and they happened one after another. It was a back and forth conversation between Jackson and Haley.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 08:02 PM
They were the same meeting and they happened one after another. It was a back and forth conversation between Jackson and Haley.

I'll take your word at face value, but I also know how editing can be used to make someone THINK that it all happened at the same time. Unless it is uncut, uninterrupted pans (versus quick cuts back and forth between people) you cannot be certain.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 08:11 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I'll take your word at face value, but I also know how editing can be used to make someone THINK that it all happened at the same time. Unless it is uncut, uninterrupted pans (versus quick cuts back and forth between people) you cannot be certain.

That look just personifies his demeanor during the entire conversation. I would bet it wasn't cut but in the end it doesn't really matter.

That said, it really has little to do with any "rift" between the coaches and much more to do with Haley's (and other coaches) frustration with not having the proper personnel available while their trying to craft an offense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:25 PM
I'm not sure how [actually I am] but this thread is now about Hue.

Mission accomplished, Memphis.

On NFL Network this morning, there was a discussion about how impressive Hue was on the first edition of Hard Knocks and they recalled Joe Thomas' comments about what a good job Hue did of keeping the team together last year

Of course, our own fan base concentrates on trying to rip the guy over something stupid.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:36 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel much better knowing that our team "stayed together" while going 0-16. Because that's important.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:40 PM
Good point. If you have a team that doesn't believe in each other or their coaching staff, they will never have a chance to improve.

Our team was bad, but Dorsey added some key vets and our coaching staff hasn't lost the younger players, thus, our team has a chance to improve.

It's going to be tough, but it sure beats the alternative of a coach losing his team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:43 PM
just watched it earlier (and kind of again right now).

- I felt for Hue, very emotional and tough time
- Nassib ... kinda weird to have such a lengthy segment, but he's kinda a character
- I do like Landry's passion ... I hope he keeps it up if/when we're 0-5 and he's not getting the ball 8 times a game
- To me, the RV thing isn't that big of a deal ... I think every team/group has their own little get-away things
- My favorite part of the show: the coaches' meetings (it always has been for me) ... I could tell Haley (and others) were disagreeing with Hue ... but Hue's got a chance for a few weeks/months. If he's wrong, he's gone.
- I get annoyed that Mary Kay Cabot gets so much acclaim as our "National Voice" (or whatever). Just a random irritation of mine; I think there are way better reporters for CLE.
- It's funny how some "important players" were never mentioned (maybe they will be): Bitonio (he's a HUGE part), Ogbah, Schobert, Peppers, etc.
- Hated when Ward and Randall weren't paying attention
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:44 PM
- Oh another thing: how contrived were those chanting fans? So obvious they were told exactly what to do and how to act
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:45 PM
Quote:
I could tell Haley (and others) were disagreeing with Hue ... but Hue's got a chance for a few weeks/months. If he's wrong, he's gone.

You definitely want Hue fired. I can tell.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:48 PM
I don't think so. I think he is thinking realistically rather than participating on some witch hunt to actively pursue getting Hue fired like you are.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:48 PM

It started with this:

Quote:

--I liked how Dorsey and the other dudes were there for Hue. I truly think Dorsey and Hue have a great relationship.

--Hue's talk w/Baker was poignant.

Hue has a 1-31 record as the Brown's coach. He's a major part of the story.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:51 PM
Quote:
I could tell Haley (and others) were disagreeing with Hue ... but Hue's got a chance for a few weeks/months. If he's wrong, he's gone.

I actually hope he's not fired haha ... that would mean we're doing well.

That'd be my preference.

Now, if we are like 0-5 and wallowing .... then yes, I'd agree.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:52 PM
Quote:

That'd be my preference.

I was being facetious.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:52 PM

It started with this:

Quote:

--Hue's talk w/Baker was poignant.

Hue has a 1-31 record as the Brown's coach. He's a major part of the story.

Well done, sir. Well done.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:53 PM
Quote:

That'd be my preference.

I was being facetious.
yeah I know ... just setting my own record straight
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:53 PM
Of course he is a major part of the story. However, I feel I have a right to defend Hue when certain posters ridicule everything he does in a crusade to get him fired.

People defend guys like Gordon all the time and his crimes are far worse. And they get a lot meaner while defending him than I do while defending Hue.

I am not even a huge Hue fan. I'm just sick of Memphis and some others trying to smear his name at almost every turn. Look at the jumping in the lake thing. Hue rose money for charity by jumping in the lake. He also has a heart condition. But, Memphis ripped him a new one for not jumping in the ice cold lake in January. GMAFB.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:56 PM
Thought the episode was awesome.

Jarvis Landry tearing into his WR group was awesome, and probably needed.

Between that and the Haley/Jackson disagreement about practicing, there is definitely some division within the team about how to get through this. I bet that division is probably with most teams. It's a slippery slope. You can pick either way and get blamed for not picking the other when it doesn't work out.

Baker Mayfield came off as really likable. I really hope this works out for him in Cleveland. He's a great story. He's got a chip on his shoulder. I think the moment with him and Jackson on the field talking about how Tyrod Taylor is coming in well before the sun comes up was a pretty important moment. I think to have a chance, you have to be that guy. Tyrod Taylor's story is pretty incredible as well. A lot of guys, especially ones that don't play in pro systems in college, never figure it out. Tyrod Taylor figured it out. Say what you want about him, or his game, but I guarantee you, aside from any career-ending injury, he will be in the league for a very long time. I hope it rubs off on Mayfield.

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:58 PM
Quote:
Between that and the Haley/Jackson disagreement about practicing, there is definitely some division within the team about how to get through this. I bet that division is probably with most teams. It's a slippery slope. You can pick either way and get blamed for not picking the other when it doesn't work out.

You want Hue fired too. I can tell.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 10:59 PM
Another thing I didn't like was Hyde's softness with his blocking .. mostly because I saw the same thing at camp yesterday. Coach even got into him about it
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:00 PM
Quote:

?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:01 PM
I’ve been waiting to read what you saw at camp.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Quote:

?

It was part of a string of satirical posts. Sorry to catch you up in it. I was making a point for someone else.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:02 PM
I’ve been waiting to read what you saw at camp.
I was busy all day today .. will do it at some point tonight!
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Quote:

?

It was part of a string of satirical posts. Sorry to catch you up in it. I was making a point for someone else.

lol got it

For the record, I am pulling for Hue. I want it to work out. I truly believe he has a great offensive mind. I think he can work with quarterbacks.

I also don't want to go through another coaching change, which means a likely regime change, philosophy change, scheme change, roster change, etc..

I am badly pulling for Hue. The Browns need this to absolutely work out. Like I get that all NFL needs need it badly to work out with their respective coaches, but the Browns realllllllllllly need it to work out.

I think he can too, but man things have gotta start changing soon. Wins and losses matter, but as I say every year, I want a general feeling come December that this thing is clearly moving in the right direction. We really haven't seen that since Mangini rattled off a bunch of wins at the end of his first year, which also shows you that it may not matter.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:07 PM
Quote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel much better knowing that our team "stayed together" while going 0-16. Because that's important.

Quote:
Good point. If you have a team that doesn't believe in each other or their coaching staff, they will never have a chance to improve.

Our team was bad, but Dorsey added some key vets and our coaching staff hasn't lost the younger players, thus, our team has a chance to improve.

It's going to be tough, but it sure beats the alternative of a coach losing his team.

Sorry Vers, that was sarcasm. I didn't think I needed to purple it up for you.

For the record, IMO, keeping a team "together" is cold comfort in a season that was the absolute nadir of this franchise's entire existence. I would almost rather they were all at each other's throats, because at least we'd know they cared. Instead we saw guys on the field trading jerseys and yukking it up with opponents after games where they just had their asses handed to them.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:09 PM
Quote:
Sorry Vers, that was sarcasm. I didn't think I needed to purple it up for you.

He's having a really difficult time with sarcasm tonight. No doubt.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/08/18 11:11 PM
j/c:

This thread went to hell, just as I knew it would. frown

It's going to be a theme all freaking year long.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:09 AM

i liked what shannon said: it's good to see a player get paid and still want to bring it.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:27 AM

I think we need to be at least a little bit careful taking small clips from Hard Knocks and making big, sweeping judgments based off of them. It’s 400 hours of footage condensed into 60 minutes. We aren’t seeing even close to everything.

https://twitter.com/dan_labbe/status/1027289202969468929

For anyone who hasn't watched, the whole 1st episode is free on Youtube. Don't think I can post a link due to the language.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:32 AM
Finally watched the episode....

- Landry stole the episode. I loved everything he was in EXCEPT the speech. I wasn't impressed. That said, seems like an offensive leader and guys gravitate towards him.

- Sucks about Hue's family issues and kinda wish the episode focused less on that and let Hue grieve more privately.

- The Nassib segments were awesome. I hope HBO does a few " Nassib Know-Hows /Personal Development 101"s each episode.

- Tyrod seems like a genuine nice guy that wants to succeed. I'm rooting for him. Loved the 5-year old kid getting hyped about going to his birthday party.

- Something about Dorsey just rubs me the wrong way. Not sure what it is, but comes across a little slimy, disingenuious. But whatever, if he drafts well for us, so be it. Be as slimy as you want.

- That Haley look over to Williams was just as funny watching the episode as it was the clip/gif on twitter. Not sure if parts were edited if it was from the same flow of back-n-forth, #FireHueToday.

- Love that they added more stadium seating at TC. Smart move.

- I'm not a fan of Hard Knocks but enjoyed this episode. I like how they didn't focus that much on the fans like the trailers had suggested.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:41 AM
I can't stay up to 10, I get up at 4:30 to walk 5 miles every morning.....just watched tonight on demand.

Watched with my son and Wife

It is evident to me Hues assistants aren't behind him. You could see it in the Hue talking to Haley segment.

My wife knows nothing about the dynamics of the Browns or this board.....her comment after Haley thought guys should work more and Hue said what he said, were that Hue was a weak man. She said he seems fake. She said she doesn't like him.

No wonder I married that woman.

If she sees it.....geez, but then again, she has been in charge of corporate communications for 20 years....she listens to what people say and how they say it
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:49 AM
A woman's intuition is never wrong.

#FireHueToday
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:56 AM
No, not today.

None the less, it was a telling segment.....go watch again. You saw a bunch of coaches looking at this guy with raised eyebrows.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
No, not today.

None the less, it was a telling segment.....go watch again. You saw a bunch of coaches looking at this guy with raised eyebrows.

I just watched it. I know the segment you're referring to.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:01 AM
No, not today.

you can go into any high level meeting, successful business or not, and find a time when the room look just like that at one point or another.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:19 AM
The very same guys that I predicted to trash Hue are holding true to form. There is no stopping them unless other posters get sick of it and tell them to cut it out.

We actually had a good conversation going on. People were just posting thoughts on the episode, but then Memphis showed up. Ever since then, this thread went to crap and peen's post is more evidence of the crap.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:52 AM
How does a Hard Knocks thread turn into fire Hue?

No matter what anyone thinks of Hue; he is the Head Coach.

Haslam says so. And Dorsey seems fine with it.

So maybe it is time to move on.

Or if you want start a fire Hue thread.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:56 AM
For how old school some of those guys are, you could confuse that with a group hug. I do think they're disagreeing heavily, but I also think they're emotionally going easy on Hue. I think they'll work together well this year. I thin there might be some more give and take as the season goes along.
Posted By: Guffy Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:01 AM
Serious question. Can anyone tell me where i can get 10% interest for the next 7 years?

Man that was a dull episode. Cubb was treated like **** but the cameras never went back to him? 4 days of footage and the RB group showed nothing? Where was the footage of Calloway and higgens tearing it up? Although I guess there will be a lot more football footage next week.

I imagine Hue's losses had a lot to do with the episode's content. Condolances to the man but I honestly thought Haley was gona rip him a new one. I will honestly be surprised if he lasts the season. He appears soft imo.

"Bless em"??? Child please. Landry was so forced for the cameras. In saying that his attitude off season has been spot on that the lad can do what he wants.

Also.... hello from Ireland, Go Browns!
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:03 AM
Just call it my manly intuition.. but I get the feeling that NOTHING anyone says on this message board will get Hue Jackson fired. If Dorsey is listening to ANY of us.. we picked the wrong guy for GM.

IMO feel free to defend or trash
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:05 AM
Good post.

I think Haley and the RB coach were pissed. I think Hue handled their objections well. He didn't get emotional. He just told them it's his team.

Haley got a little mad. He's a combative dude who's been in several bar fights and rubs people the wrong way. It's not surprising he got upset. I don't even blame him. But, that doesn't make Hue an ass like some are trying to pound into our head.

And I am going to reiterate. I was a coach. That little exchange was NOTHING. We used to pound tables, scream, cuss each other out, and sometimes we even got physical. It's freaking football. Not tea and biscuits.

That leads me to another thing. Landry is taking some heat in the media for his speech in the WR meeting. Are you kidding me? That is exactly what this team needs! I loved what he did. He called those guys out. They needed called out because that unit sucked ass last year. Landry had a scheduled day off, but he didn't take it. Dude is setting a good example, and some dudes who never played the game are saying it's a bad thing? Pffffttttt...

I would take a dozen Jarvis Landrys on my team. Any time. Anywhere!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:08 AM
That's a good point, Saint. However, public pressure from the media and the fans has led to Jimmy firing other personnel. One must remember that it is a business.
Posted By: Guffy Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:12 AM

That leads me to another thing. Landry is taking some heat in the media for his speech in the WR meeting. Are you kidding me? That is exactly what this team needs! I loved what he did. He called those guys out. They needed called out because that unit sucked ass last year. Landry had a scheduled day off, but he didn't take it. Dude is setting a good example, and some dudes who never played the game are saying it's a bad thing? Pffffttttt...

I would take a dozen Jarvis Landrys on my team. Any time. Anywhere!

Jarvis has been a breath of fresh air this off season. The one thing I would say is its what, day 2/3? The speech shouldn't be needed on day 2 or 3. Either he's forcing it for the camera or we are in for a lot of pain this season.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:21 AM
Since I'm opening it up to the entire forum this year, I'll come clean. For the past few years me and a few other posters have been pooling our money and sending a homeless person to camp outside of Jimmy's mansion with a boom box playing our ideas like that John Cusack movie. You can thank Vers, and his very charitable donation he made last year, for the reason why we still have Hue.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:21 AM
I see your point and I am not saying you are wrong.

I see it a different way.

When Haslam and Sashi made the plan to blow-up the team, they knew they would lose a ton of games. They wanted to acquire a lot of draft picks and get younger. That's cool. However, there were flaws w/the plan.

I continually spoke of the biggest flaw in the plan, which was that so much losing is very tough on the players, the staff, the FO, ownership, and the fans. The media might love it, though. LOL

I am thinking about starting a thread on this because the biggest take-away for me during that segment was that our team doesn't know how to win. They're soft.

That has to change. Sitting out of practices when you can play is exactly what Jarvis said it was..........."contagious." I played and coached. You don't want guys that are willing to quit when things get tough.

We lost some games that we perhaps could have won last year. We were not tough enough to overcome the obstacles. I will readily admit that our poor qb play and terrible WR unit.....and secondary.........had a ton to do w/it........but damn it, we were in position to win some games.

We have to get tougher. I watched the expressions on the faces of the players while Juice was making his plays. They were like "Wow, we haven't seen this before." So, when that man speaks............you best listen. And if you don't.......your ass needs to be gone.

I am not saying you have to agree w/me. It's just a different point of view.

And welcome, btw.
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:28 AM
Vers,
To me, what Hue and Haley showed was the difference between someone who is just looking at the small pie vs the entire pie. Yes, Haley and the RB coach was more, but Hue was right to remind them that you don't want them busted up to the point you are losing players for weeks. And yes, when you are the head guy, you get to make the decisions. PERIOD!!.. but he was not rough on them at all, just let them know how it was going to be but told them it was OK to raise questions and make comments... Just like in every other job
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:35 AM
Quote:

Assistant Coaches are paid to coach a unit. The Head Coach is paid to coach the entire team, and also to balance the health and well being of the players against the need to practice hard. You have a guy who is dead tired, especially in this heat, who is lost for the year to an injury, and it's not the coordinator who is answering questions as to why it happened.

One day off every couple of weeks is not going to hurt the team, or players. It also gives the coaches an opportunity to see other players in different roles. Landry gets part of a day off, for example, and Higgins moves up to one of the starting spots. A different WR gets to work with Mayfield. It's a chain reaction. The coaches get to see different guys in different roles. It can be important.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:49 AM
Good response.

I totally understood where Haley and the RB coach were coming from. I've been there. LOL

However, I thought Hue handled it well. He didn't bash them. He welcomed their opinions, but he also explained why he was doing what he was doing and said he was in that chair to make these kinds of decisions. Haley's a hot head. No big deal. I expected him to get mad/disgusted. Hue did not let it phase him. He was professional.

Let's look at it from another angle, shall we. Remember last year when Myles had ankle issues and Hue was criticized for bringing him back too early.

Which is it, fellas? Give them rest or make them play? Or, is it just bash Hue any chance we get?

I remember when I was coaching and we had guys wanting to sit out all the time. Especially during conditioning. They'd say stuff like: "Coach, I hurt my ankle. I can't run."

When I was younger, it used to irritate me because I knew the ones were dogging it. However, another coach got sued. He told a player to run. The case went to court and the kid's lawyer started asking about if the coach had a medical degree. He pulled up a chart and asked the coach to name each bone in the entire foot. He made the coach look like an idiot.

After that, I never made another kid run. But, this is the equalizer......You don't practice, you don't play because I don't want to aggravate your injury.

I know this is getting long, but I'm trying to educate those who are interested. When you are coaching, there is a very fine line between not working your guys hard enough and overworking them. You need them to be well-conditioned and tough. You need them to be prepared. However, the body breaks down after a lot of exertion.

I'm telling you guys that it is really hard to tell how hard to push your team. And when it comes to individual players, it's even harder because they all have different breaking points.

In conclusion, I see Haley and the RBs side. I also see Hue's point of view. I don't think anyone is wrong here. I think it's a tough call and it's wrong to mock anyone for what transpired.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 04:26 AM
Posted By: BrownMoose Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 05:19 AM
Does anyone really think the Browns have sucked because they haven't had a player speak like Landry during camp/practice/whatever?
First time a Brown has ever tried to fire up his teammates and change things?
Ya, right.
First time we've seen it, tho.

Talk is cheap.

What WILL work tho is Landry PERFORMING, and I have no reason to think he ain't gonna walk the walk too.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 05:31 AM
Thank you Vambo....appreciate you posting the video.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 08:15 AM
Originally Posted By: BrownMoose
Does anyone really think the Browns have sucked because they haven't had a player speak like Landry during camp/practice/whatever?
First time a Brown has ever tried to fire up his teammates and change things?
Ya, right.
First time we've seen it, tho.

Talk is cheap.

What WILL work tho is Landry PERFORMING, and I have no reason to think he ain't gonna walk the walk too.

I tend to agree .. I'm not a huge fan of speeches .. but I do think actions can be a big way to change the culture, especially from our leaders
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 10:11 AM
Quote:
Can anyone tell me where i can get 10% interest for the next 7 years?

I think Nassib was trying to communicate it in the simplest of terms for guys who have never been exposed to the concept of interest and investing money. What's more important is that it is clear Hue would never take the time to try to educate the defensive linemen on life issues....he's only focused on the offense. That's why we need to #FireHueToday.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 10:18 AM
Quote:

I think Nassib was trying to communicate it in the simplest of terms for guys who have never been exposed to the concept of interest and investing money. What's more important is that it is clear Hue would never take the time to try to educate the defensive linemen on life issues....he's only focused on the offense. That's why we need to #FireHueToday.
I thought it was almost comical how savings/interest was almost like a WOW moment for some of them in the room. I assumed everyone knew the importance/benefits of investing and/or interest.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 10:21 AM
Quote:

I thought it was almost comical how savings/interest was almost like a WOW moment for some of them in the room. I assumed everyone knew the importance/benefits of investing and/or interest.

I'm not surprised at all. We've all heard the stories of athletes going broke or being taken advantage of by people who claim they can invest their money for them and make millions....only to scam them. It'a a matter of "I don't know what I don't know".
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:02 PM
Quote:

Assistant Coaches are paid to coach a unit. The Head Coach is paid to coach the entire team, and also to balance the health and well being of the players against the need to practice hard. You have a guy who is dead tired, especially in this heat, who is lost for the year to an injury, and it's not the coordinator who is answering questions as to why it happened.

One day off every couple of weeks is not going to hurt the team, or players. It also gives the coaches an opportunity to see other players in different roles. Landry gets part of a day off, for example, and Higgins moves up to one of the starting spots. A different WR gets to work with Mayfield. It's a chain reaction. The coaches get to see different guys in different roles. It can be important.

Perfect post.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Quote:

Perfect post.

I didn't agree with Haley's comment when it came to the decision to sit or practice, but the look was still hilarious. Hue has been here for two years, he probably knows the players, their conditioning limits, what parts of their bodies may be more inclined to injury, etc. I believe he even referenced Duke as an example in the episode. At first I was a bit turned off when he gave Myles Garrett a vet day off. I said to myself, "um...this dude is in his second year after an 0-16 season and he gets a rest day? C'mon!" Then after further consideration, Myles dealt with injuries last year that started in camp. As much as coaches want guys on the field now, they want him on the field during the season. If it preserves them and offers longevity, then so be it.

That said, I didn't like how Hue ended his coaches meeting. He should have been the one to lead the yell, not Gregg Williams. Because of that, we need to #FireHueToday.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:19 PM

That said, I didn't like how Hue ended his coaches meeting. He should have been the one to lead the yell, not Gregg Williams. Because of that, we need to #FireHueToday.

Because Hue wants to give his ego driven coordinators a chance to be the guy to end a meeting, he needs to be fired?

One thing I have to give to Hue, is he sees big picture. I think little things like letting a coordinator end a meeting is small evidence of that.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:21 PM

Because Hue wants to give his ego driven coordinators a chance to be the guy to end a meeting, he needs to be fired?

One thing I have to give to Hue, is he sees big picture. I think little things like letting a coordinator end a meeting is small evidence of that.

Yes. Absolutely.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:23 PM
Sarcasm is such a lost art that some people can't see it even (especially) when it's staring them in the face .... rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:30 PM
j/c:

I want to revisit peen's post where he called Hue "weak" and "fake" after watching the exchange w/Haley.

In the very same episode, Hue had to deal w/the death of his brother and mother. They showed the phone conversation that Hue had w/his sister when she broke the news that their mother had died. He put his head down, smacked it a few times, and sobbed into his hands.

The next scene starts out with "One hour later." Hue is on the field coaching his team. Hard.

I don't think that is weak. I think it is a sign of being resilient. It's a sign of strength. I suppose a certain type of person could suggest he is "fake" by suggesting he didn't really care for his mother, but do any of you really want to go there?

I knew that there would be certain individuals that would nit-pick on Hue's comments and actions in each show and a couple of them showed up..........just like they always do.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:30 PM
Quote:

Many of these guys have never had to manage money much at all, and assume that the money will now have will roll in forever.

Why does the government send "rebates" to poor people, and low to moderate income people with children, in the form of fully "refundable" EITC and child tax credits? Because they know that many (most) will immediately spend the money.

For all of the abuse that Nassib took for that segment, what he said is valid. I don't know about "saving" money earning 10% ..... but investment funds and such might, with a large enough investment. He was right about every "$10,000" a guy spends now costing him significantly down the road. That's a lesson a lot of people could stand to learn these days.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:31 PM
Have you read Memphis' posts over the past year? He is trying to use sarcasm to belittle me, but the guy has beat Hue to a bloody pulp. And you are going to defend him? Seriously?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:34 PM
I think he was just being sarcastic.

As someone with a great deal of sarcastic .... umm .... wit(?) myself, I thought it was kinda funny, and made fun of the fire Hue mindset.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:36 PM
I think he was just being sarcastic.

As someone with a great deal of sarcastic .... umm .... wit(?) myself, I thought it was kinda funny, and made fun of the fire Hue mindset.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:37 PM
I think more people are liking Nassib's segments than abusing him.

I personally did not like it. I am not abusing him, but I didn't care for it because they were at camp. It seems to me you have those conversations after you leave the facility. At someone's house, or an eating establishment. It seemed odd to me to have them in a defensive line meeting room.

I preferred Kirksey's segment, when he asked them to write down what was important to them and view it right before they go to bed and as soon as they wake up. It's more football related.

And again, it's not a big deal at all and I am not blasting Nassib. I just sometimes wonder if a lot of our young players are focused on the task at hand. So much losing over two years is not good. Tuning out is easier than tuning in when things aren't going well.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:42 PM
To me it looked like they were eating lunch, and Nassib was just holding court. No harm, no foul, in my opinion ... just a veteran (such as he is) trying to help out younger players.

I have seen a lot of players wish that someone had shown them the ropes financially. I just watched a segment with Steve Smith, where he said that he blew every penny (cash part, bonus and year 1 salary) he made in year 1 of his rookie deal in less than a year, and he had to borrow money from his agent.

Heck, if it gives guys peace of mind in one aspect of their lives, it is one less thing to divert their attention from the field, and classroom. That's a benefit, IMHO.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 12:59 PM
Today's training camps are unlike anything from the last decade. The CBA gave the teams a lot less power to run them all day. The players have a lot more unstructured time nowadays. I'm just glad I saw a lot of the DL in that room, although it really didn't look like all of them.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:29 PM
j/c

I actually DID like the RB coach's suggestion. Basically, he was like "listen, I understand the importance of resting guys ... but can't they at least DRESS? Let's at least make them a part of it and be accountable to be with their group as opposed to just being checked out all day"
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:33 PM
j/c:

I want to revisit peen's post where he called Hue "weak" and "fake" after watching the exchange w/Haley.

In the very same episode, Hue had to deal w/the death of his brother and mother. They showed the phone conversation that Hue had w/his sister when she broke the news that their mother had died. He put his head down, smacked it a few times, and sobbed into his hands.

The next scene starts out with "One hour later." Hue is on the field coaching his team. Hard.

I don't think that is weak. I think it is a sign of being resilient. It's a sign of strength. I suppose a certain type of person could suggest he is "fake" by suggesting he didn't really care for his mother, but do any of you really want to go there?

I knew that there would be certain individuals that would nit-pick on Hue's comments and actions in each show and a couple of them showed up..........just like they always do.

For the record, those were my wifes comments to me. That is what she thought when she saw that.

I don't think Hue is weak. Enduring the last 2 years tells me that, which is more or less saying what you are saying about him going back out and coaching the team. That would have been a easy day to hand it off to the coordinators and go home for the day.

As to how Hue handled the conversation, I agree he didn't get out of line. I simply agreed with the position coach and Haleys point that this team is only a week in and and maybe we don't need to be giving days off. The position coach said something about letting them hold the guys back and limit the reps. I agree with that. I fully agree you want to get the players to the finish line of camp as healthy as possible....I am sure all the coaches know that. Haley and Williams have been head coaches. They have won NFL games with the teams they had. They don't want to grind guys in to the dirt.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:36 PM
Quote:

I'd think it's more common than you might believe. Most of these kids come from poverty or near poverty. Discussion of investing probably isn't a topic around the house much.

That's kinda why the NFL has those rookie symposiums. That's part of the lessons they teach these young men.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:50 PM
It's easier to "slip" a guy into practice if they are dressed, than if they are not. That would be my concern.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 01:57 PM
j/c

I actually DID like the RB coach's suggestion. Basically, he was like "listen, I understand the importance of resting guys ... but can't they at least DRESS? Let's at least make them a part of it and be accountable to be with their group as opposed to just being checked out all day"

Agree 100%... and that was my only complaint with Hue's leadership during the program. His mind was already made up and attitude was "my way or the highway" when a coach was offering a very good suggestion.

Obviously this is a huge problem when two coaches say so, in no uncertain terms, and a team leader insists emphatically that this is the case.

You're sitting in the room with all of the leaders you expect to do their jobs and will not listen to their suggestions. I get the delicate balance, but RB coach Kitchens offered a suggestion that would do nothing to disturb that.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:00 PM
I must be the only one who didn't like Landry's speech. Grown men respond to more articulate professional speeches.

Things that include stuff like:

"You don't have to be here, this is your life. You can be out of the league next year if you don't want to practice. It's not even about being great it's about do you want to play in the NFL and receive all of the money and fame that comes with it? If the answer is yes, you better get out there and practice."

Obviously I just made that up and I'm not a player but cursing at essentially children....I dunno it just seems ineffective and doesn't send a message that this could be the last year any of them play in the NFL.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:22 PM
A lot of football rhetoric is really based in motivation. Coming from the #1 WR, the guy with the bag, the big house, the guy who is only here because our proposed high value WRs, Coleman (at the time) and Gordon, couldn't do the job, this is the exact message you want him sending to the team imo. Lead by example and hardwork, but don't be afraid to light a fire under these guys' arse.

I think your message would probably be best coming from someone like Hawk or a coach.

JMO
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 02:59 PM
I must be the only one who didn't like Landry's speech. Grown men respond to more articulate professional speeches.

"You don't have to be here, this is your life. You can be out of the league next year if you don't want to practice. It's not even about being great it's about do you want to play in the NFL and receive all of the money and fame that comes with it? If the answer is yes, you better get out there and practice."

Obviously I just made that up and I'm not a player but cursing at essentially children....I dunno it just seems ineffective and doesn't send a message that this could be the last year any of them play in the NFL.

I think that's fair. I think different players could/will respond differently to Landry's speech. Everyone is different. While one player needs coddled, another may need tough love such as this.

I liked Landry's speech. Especially since we have a mostly young WR corp who've lacked veteran leadership. I may rag on Landry, but speeches like these are what I believe is necessary for us to shed the losing culture we have had over the past several seasons.

I thought it was also nice they showed players commenting about how good Landry is...meaning they already respect him. His workouts are intense and he's only going to help our young players...

I still have other concerns which I'll leave out because this was a nice post for me on Landry.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 03:05 PM
I wasn't a fan of the speech either. Everything else that showcased him, however, I liked.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 03:24 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

I think that's fair. I think different players could/will respond differently to Landry's speech. Everyone is different. While one player needs coddled, another may need tough love such as this.

I liked Landry's speech. Especially since we have a mostly young WR corp who've lacked veteran leadership. I may rag on Landry, but speeches like these are what I believe is necessary for us to shed the losing culture we have had over the past several seasons.

I thought it was also nice they showed players commenting about how good Landry is...meaning they already respect him. His workouts are intense and he's only going to help our young players...

I still have other concerns which I'll leave out because this was a nice post for me on Landry.

Maybe because none of them are Veterans it may resonate. Most grown men I know are motivated more by what Christian Kirksey did than what Landry did.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 03:28 PM
I watched the episode last night. I have a couple things I wanted to mention.

1. The coaches convo between Hue and his coordinators is a non-issue, imo. These guys are extremely aggressive, intense, grinding people. I would get bent outta shape if someone "pulled a Hue" on me in a meeting like that, but I'm not an NFL heach coach and don't have the personality required of one. These guys work in a different world, and that's just how things are where they work. I have 0 issue with any of the coaches demeanor across the board. If anything, I was surprised a RB coach so meekly made his point.

2. The thing I did get out of the Hue-Haley exchange, and paired with the Landry tirade, is that we already have multiple data points suggesting that we have a mentally soft team. That's not good. Hard Knocks, intentionally or unintentionally, have highlighted that we have people on our team that are mentally soft (at best) or have checked out (at worst). That's my takeaway, and I think that's way more important to talk about than coaches potentially hurting each others feelings.

3. I liked the little bit they did with Kirksey's drumming cut with the tempo of practice/TC. I thought that was really cool, and was a really creative/artistic way to further show how these guys are humans as well as football players, but in a very positive way. I didn't like the amount of airtime Hue's grief got, but it's a storyline in camp, and if they just glossed over it or ignored it entirely, I think Hard Knocks wouldn't be doing their job. Just a crappy situation with a lot of cameras. Sucks.
3a. I think some (but definitely not all) of the "we're here for you" scenes are fake/forced. That weird, uncomfortable hug between Hue, Dorsey, and those other 2 dudes was for the cameras. If I were to guess, I would think that, normally, this type of situation is handled more like the scene we saw in the Oline room.

4. I guess it should be comforting that Gordon told Hue he'd see him "soon", but anything Gordon says/does other than showing up to camp, or giving a hard date when he will is just aggravating, imo.

I have a question for those that have watched Hard Knocks in the past. Usually, these types of shows tend to follow a very formulaic approach. It can be easy to identify generic character types each season. Can anyone tell me (from the one episode) things that are normal for Hard Knocks, and thing from that first episode that are out of the norm? I think that would be more illuminating than anything.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 04:16 PM
j/c:

Quote:
"I turned down seven other jobs to be here"-Gregg Williams

- LAR fired him
- 9 other tms hired new DCs in 2017: ATL, BUF, CAR, CLE, DEN, LAC, MIA, SF & WAS

Turned down 7 jobs, took CLE...so apparently every single other team needing a DC offered him a contract, except one.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1027028663466971137
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 04:27 PM
j/c:

Quote:

- LAR fired him
- 9 other tms hired new DCs in 2017: ATL, BUF, CAR, CLE, DEN, LAC, MIA, SF & WAS

Turned down 7 jobs, took CLE...so apparently every single other team needing a DC offered him a contract, except one.

Yeah I was kinda curious about that. Fry cook. rofl
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 04:34 PM
I agree ... his suggestion was actually a good idea IMO
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 04:47 PM
J/c

Watched it last night on the YouTube link ... thanks to whoever provided it ... thumbsup

I’ve never watched before and highly doubt i ever will again when this season is over ... just not my cup of tea ...

Thought it was AWESOME ... very cool ... also some things that made me sick cause it shows just what folks will do for $$$$ on both sides ...... my thoughts ...

First off folks need to realize that everyone acts different when the cameras are on ... so take what u see with a grain of salt ...

- Hue should have never been on when he got the phone call ... who approved that to air on both sides makes me sick ... no need for it to be on and it’s NOT GOOD TELEVISION ...

Thats my opinion ... U can disagree with it but U CANT HAVE IT ... *L* ..

- thought Landry’s speech was BS .. love the fact he gave it, loved what he was trying to do ... it just looked forced and staged to me ... i have no clue how it plays with todays youth, i know it wouldn’t have played in any locker room i was ever in ... i also have no clue if that is just who he is .. it was very passionate and i get the feeling thats who he is .. his emotions are worn on his sleeve and always front and center ...

That speech may have been from the heart and played well in that room ... i am an old man and have never met VICE GRIPS so I have no clue if that is who he is ... very passionate and emotional ... if so and it played well with todays youth in that room ... then awesome job Vice Grips ... i could be wrong ...

LOVE LOVE LOVE vice grips ... not a fan of the speech ... unless of course it was better than i thought ... thumbsup

- loved the highlights of Vice Grips catches ... LOVED IT ... hope he has “blessed” a lot of defenders by the end of the season .. thumbsup

- loved the Kirksey story about how he became a drummer ... cool stuff ... at least for me ..

- folks trying to read way to much into the clip with the coaches ... that sheds literally no light on how the coaches interact on a daily basis and when the cameras are off or their in a place where there’s no cameras ... i’m SURE they talked/debated/argued/had some heated words over that subject off camera ...

It prolly ended the same way but as anyone involved in coaching knows ... there was more “discussion” about something that important to everyone involved ...

And that happens in almost every coaching room .. sole exception may be Billicheck’s ... prolly way more talking goes on in his room than arguing ... *L* ...

Anyhow ... anyone trying to draw conclusions from that snippet is only fooling themselves ...

- loved seeing the difference between how Chubb and baker were greeted at the airport ... *L* ... it seemed staged but was still funny IMO ...

- loved how Hue made his point to Baker by just asking questions and putting the ball in Bakers court .. good stuff Hue ... same with Ward and Randall ... good stuff Hue ...

Thats about all ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 04:52 PM
I'm not a professional coach, but am a varsity coach. I'll say this: the assistants are encouraged (and asked) to provide opinions. Sometimes I take them. Sometimes I reject them. Sometimes it's a mixture of the two.

My point: you could take a clip of ONE suggestion made to me, see me say "no, I'd rather stick with this ..." and a viewer could say "Look, he's so closed minded!!"

It's just one clip. Maybe it's not a fair representation.
Posted By: BrownMoose Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 06:13 PM
Just watched.
Thanks for the video.
Great episode!
I have a bad feeling about Josh Gordon, tho.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 07:58 PM
Sarcasm is such a lost art that some people can't see it even (especially) when it's staring them in the face .... rofl

Difficult to decipher sarcasm when I see fire hue on almost every post.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 08:54 PM
Gregg Williams is full of it (but we already knew that):

Quote:
• LAR fired him
• 9 other tms hired new DCs in 2017: ATL, BUF, CAR, CLE, DEN, LAC, MIA, SF & WAS
🤔 Turned down 7 jobs, took CLE...so apparently every single other team needing a DC offered him a contract, except one 🧐

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 09:45 PM
He very well could have turned down interviews. Perhaps some were for coordinator, and others may have been for position coach.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 09:48 PM
maybe he meant college opportunities too
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 10:01 PM

Let's be clear. Memphis trashes Hue all the time. He has been slamming him over and over. I called him on it and is using that hashtag thing to get others to mock me. YTown is encouraging him. Let's encourage bullying. confused

Hue's mom just died and we are blowing up a reaction from Haley as if that is important. And if Hue would have conceded, the same posters slamming him for his strong stance would say stuff like: "Hue is so soft." "Hue is Haley's puppet."

I get that there are some mean people in this world, but I am shocked that others are condoning their poor behavior.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 10:50 PM
It's easier to "slip" a guy into practice if they are dressed, than if they are not. That would be my concern.

So what? They need the practice. It's a new O.

You can limit reps.

Maybe we shouldn't play any of them in the exhibition games. The might get hurt.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 10:52 PM

So what? They need the practice. It's a new O.

You can limit reps.

Maybe we shouldn't play any of them in the exhibition games. The might get hurt.
I just don't see what's wrong with saying to your assistants: "Listen, everyone can dress, but today let's limit: .... "

If they violate that then punish the coaches
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 11:08 PM

Let's be clear. Memphis trashes Hue all the time. He has been slamming him over and over. I called him on it and is using that hashtag thing to get others to mock me. YTown is encouraging him. Let's encourage bullying. confused

Hue's mom just died and we are blowing up a reaction from Haley as if that is important. And if Hue would have conceded, the same posters slamming him for his strong stance would say stuff like: "Hue is so soft." "Hue is Haley's puppet."

I get that there are some mean people in this world, but I am shocked that others are condoning their poor behavior.

Quit.

Not liking Hue because we have 1 win in two years isn't being mean. Poor behavior? This is a message board where people are encouraged to express their opinions. I don't consider your behavior poor because you disagree with my opinion on this matter, or try to shame people because they don't disagree with mine, or at least run lock step with yours.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/09/18 11:12 PM
How about you quit w/your continual biased takes that are fueled by hate.

Don't come on here and spread a hateful agenda and expect me to allow you to run free w/it.

Times are a changin.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 12:37 AM
Vers over here calling other posters bullies!

rofl

Thanks for the laugh.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 12:40 AM

Don't come on here and spread a hateful agenda and expect me to allow you to run free w/it.

Times are a changin.

I hope they are changing....that aren't fueled by hate.

I don't hate Hue. I just don't think he is a good head coach.

It has nothing to do with hate.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 12:27 PM
Hey guys, I live the in Pittsburgh market, and just wanted to throw out what people are saying over here.

Man, are the local guys tearing apart the Browns about Hard Knocks episode. I mean one local radio station WDVE spent a looong time going over it.

Key observations they have stated :

1. The team is weak and not practicing (why Jarvis had to make speech)
2. Hue Jackson has no idea what he is doing, and Todd Haley was right to push him on practicing guys (for Pitt to side with Haley says something, they hate him). Their point is you are 1-31 with not practicing and saving your guys. Maybe you should push them.
3. The city is a joke as a whole, and the fans are clueless to root for this dumpster fire

and my personal favorite from Tim Benz

"Jarvis is not a playmaker and hes not going to make a big difference on the field"

Yeah, Pittsburgh.......God I cant wait till we shock the world and beat these SOB's week 1 by 2 TD.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 12:30 PM

Times are a changin.
I think Hue personally is a great man. I think the players love him, and I think Dorsey actually surprisingly likes him as well.

But this is football, and he has not shown me one single thing that says he is a good HC. And the segment on HK, where he and Haley were talking about practicing, just bolsters my opinion of that. Your 1-31 coddling these guys and not practicing hard and giving days off. Maybe a different approach is best??

WE have all given Landry props for his speech and calling out guys not practicing, yet we don't call out hue for not practicing guys? Seems hypocritical a little bit.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 05:25 PM
Hey guys, I live the in Pittsburgh market, and just wanted to throw out what people are saying over here.

Man, are the local guys tearing apart the Browns about Hard Knocks episode. I mean one local radio station WDVE spent a looong time going over it.

2. Hue Jackson has no idea what he is doing, and Todd Haley was right to push him on practicing guys (for Pitt to side with Haley says something, they hate him). Their point is you are 1-31 with not practicing and saving your guys. Maybe you should push them.
3. The city is a joke as a whole, and the fans are clueless to root for this dumpster fire

"Jarvis is not a playmaker and hes not going to make a big difference on the field"

Yeah, Pittsburgh.......God I cant wait till we shock the world and beat these SOB's week 1 by 2 TD.

They are yinzers with a declining team, what do you expect?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 05:39 PM

This. Only fans I have ever come across in the division that shows love are Ravens fans. Outside of that, everyone else hates at any chance they get.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 05:55 PM

They aren't in decline until they decline.

I remember several years ago when they were "in decline". They weren't.

They reload about as well as any team in football. I don't count them out at all, until I see them falling over eat other and drooling on the ground.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 07:24 PM

They aren't in decline until they decline.

I remember several years ago when they were "in decline". They weren't.

They reload about as well as any team in football. I don't count them out at all, until I see them falling over eat other and drooling on the ground.
agreed, until they don't have a HOF qb, a all pro (possible HOF rec), and one of the best backs in the league, they will the dragons head of the division.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 08:26 PM
There declining .... make no mistake about it ... there not re-loading near as well as they used too ....

There D took a major hit with the loss of Shazier ....

Were not quite there yet .... the gap isn’t razor thin just yet, but were not far away ...

9/9 baby .... lets get it on ... thumbsup
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 10:10 PM
I've never watched Hard Knocks before, but as a Browns fan, this episode was on point!

Quote at the end from Gregg Williams about the lozenge. Classic! I'm dying laughing.

Someone literally sent Coach Williams lozenges

#HardKnocks

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1027972902854045697
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 10:37 PM

Someone literally sent Coach Williams lozenges

#HardKnocks

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1027972902854045697
haha good one
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 10:39 PM
2 lbs of lozenges is a lot of lozenges.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 10:56 PM

And then this arrived later in the day...

Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/10/18 11:28 PM
The first episode is posted on the official website:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/hard-knocks-training-camp-with-the-cleveland-browns-episode-1
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/11/18 12:56 AM
I just listened to Njoku's presser, and he said immediately after he caught the ball on his 1st TD, all he could hear inside his head was 'finish' in Hue's voice.

Hue has a way with his players. I love it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/11/18 01:00 AM
I just listened to Njoku's presser, and he said immediately after he caught the ball on his 1st TD, all he could hear inside his head was 'finish' in Hue's voice.

Hue has a way with his players. I love it.
hmm i didnt hear that, good quote
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/11/18 01:15 AM
........Waiting for the negative spin. We should know by now that Hue never does a single thing right.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/11/18 08:16 PM
I see you have gone from defense to offense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/11/18 11:21 PM
Nope. In boxing, we call it "counter-punching."
Posted By: kingodawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/12/18 12:04 AM
j/c

I think my favorite part of Hard Knocks has been the portrayal of how rabid(no pun intended) our fans are.

I liked at the beginning how Mayfield was talking about the fans chanting his name , and he said "theres no way they they can keep that up the whole time", and someone said " watch"
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/12/18 08:09 AM
I watched it again last night with my friend. One thing I didn't fully notice the first time: the scene in the coaches' meeting is heavily edited. You almost can't even tell the order in which things are spoken. They cut and pieced things together, and if you watch closely it's like you can't tell what they left out (if anything).
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 12:10 PM
j/c:

from Peter King:

Quote:
The Browns … Per Pro Football Talk, Todd Haley looks into the “Hard Knocks” cameras and says, “It’s not my idea to keep Baker Mayfield on the bench.” If the Browns indeed allow that into the show—and the team does have veto power on the footage from the week shown in each episode—then it says two things: One, Hue Jackson’s going to have an issue with Haley at some point this season, probably soon; and two, the show is real.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ing/?cid=fmiatw

Context is everything, but if the tone/intent is what we all immediately think of when reading this, it could be a problem on many different levels, first-off--Haley going the insubordindation route.

Not a good look.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 12:31 PM
Good morning. My Monday column is up.

Removing a note about a Todd Haley quote from Hard Knocks Tuesday. The quote never happened. That’s my error. My apologies.

https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/1028981367550271488
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 12:41 PM

Removing a note about a Todd Haley quote from Hard Knocks Tuesday. The quote never happened. That’s my error. My apologies.

This is.....interesting.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 12:55 PM
Weird. crazy

Peter King
‏
Verified account

@peter_king
19m19 minutes ago
More
Peter King Retweeted NAES
Yeah, well, that’s my fault. It was used the other day @ProFootballTalk as a joke, and I’m the only one who didn’t get the joke.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 01:24 PM
I was gonna say, if THAT quote is in Hard Knocks then we are screwed
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 03:19 PM

Haley is entitled to have an opinion. If the quote happened, fans would make a big deal out of it, but the team won't.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 06:32 PM

Haley is entitled to have an opinion. If the quote happened, fans would make a big deal out of it, but the team won't.
no doubt he can, and all coaches should have an opinion ... but the media would run with that
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 09:28 PM
Hard Knocks is just turning into fuel to the ole "Browns are dysfunctional" fire. We knew it would. If a coach blinks out of order, it seems like there's going to be "see, look at the dysfunction going on there" and so on.

Welp they disagreed on jersey color, better call it another 0-16 season because of it. I hate the media when they acknowledge us.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 09:44 PM
Hard Knocks is just turning into fuel to the ole "Browns are dysfunctional" fire. We knew it would. If a coach blinks out of order, it seems like there's going to be "see, look at the dysfunction going on there" and so on.

Welp they disagreed on jersey color, better call it another 0-16 season because of it. I hate the media when they acknowledge us.

It's why every year Hard Knocks is forced upon some unwilling team. No one wants to have Hard Knocks.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 09:47 PM

It's why every year Hard Knocks is forced upon some unwilling team. No one wants to have Hard Knocks.

Makes you wonder how much HBO pays the league, doesn't it?

Face it - follow the money. It leads you exactly where you need to go.

Game times for the nfl, or mlb? They want to shorten the time it takes to play a game. What's the answer? Rule tweaks to save 5 seconds here and there.

Shorten the advertisements? Never an option. Follow the money.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/13/18 09:51 PM
HBO has got to be paying an astronomical amount IMO.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 12:06 AM
j/c:

I know some posters want more controversy surrounding Hue, but has anyone else considered that King is telling the truth?

I think Haley is a hot-headed, abrasive jerk. But, I don't think he would undermine his HC intentionally. I don't believe he said it.

That doesn't mean I'm right, but I think I have a valid point.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 12:46 AM

Peter King Retweeted NAES
Yeah, well, that’s my fault. It was used the other day @ProFootballTalk as a joke, and I’m the only one who didn’t get the joke.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 12:53 AM
Yes, this is the comment I was referring to when I said I thought King is telling the truth here.

I believe him because I just don't think Haley would say such a thing. I think he gets angry and emotional. I think he combative. But, I don't think he is a snake.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 08:04 AM
Yeah I couldnt see a coach being that forward about an opinion knowing that the cameras are rolling (if it were private, then that's one thing).
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:46 AM
j/c:

I know some posters want more controversy surrounding Hue, but has anyone else considered that King is telling the truth?

I think Haley is a hot-headed, abrasive jerk. But, I don't think he would undermine his HC intentionally. I don't believe he said it.

That doesn't mean I'm right, but I think I have a valid point.

I agree.

It wasn't all that long ago Haley was quoted as saying Baker wasn't ready.

I don't see how 1 pre-season game now has him ready. Maybe ready to take a few snaps with the ones, just to see how it goes, but TT should be under center for the opener. If baker keeps improving, he will take over at some point this year.

The only way I will be upset with Hue is if Taylor struggles and Baker never gets in. I will be upset if we are out of the playoff picture and it is week 13-14 and Baker never gets in....at some point we need to transition.

If we are in the hunt,TT all the way and baker will be to be on the back burner until next year. Then you can go in to camp with a competition on your hands.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 12:02 PM
j/c:

Quote:

Question: Was the video of Hue saying that and Todd's reaction contiguous, or was there a cut in the video with voiceover?

If it wasn't contiguous, there is a better than even chance that you're being fed creative editing (it makes for better TV) and the two events - the words spoken and the look on Haley's face - may not have even happened in the same meeting.

I question editing as well.. Not to mention, Hue was sitting at the head of the table, Haley looks like he is looking at someone sitting along the wall.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 08:03 PM
Episode 2 tonight, we'll get to see Corey's reaction to getting traded I believe.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:07 PM
excited for it .. early reviews are good!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:11 PM

“This is kinda fun, I’ll be honest.” Rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield takes to the field for his NFL debut versus the New York Giants. Watch Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cleveland Browns Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:15 PM

On the next Hard Knocks, Corey Coleman gets traded, Myles Garrett looks to improve upon last season and Baker Mayfield hopes to shine in preseason. Watch Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cleveland Browns Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on HBO.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:34 PM
interested to see Coleman's trade and Callaway's news
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:41 PM
Here’s what Hue Jackson says to Browns’ rookie WR Antonio Callaway, who was cited Aug. 5 for marijuana possession, on HBO’s Hard Knocks tonight at 10 p.m. “I believe you. But If I am wrong on this one, then I am gonna have your a - -.”

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1029511589651800064
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:44 PM
Here’s what Hue Jackson says to Browns’ rookie WR Antonio Callaway, who was cited Aug. 5 for marijuana possession, on HBO’s Hard Knocks tonight at 10 p.m. “I believe you. But If I am wrong on this one, then I am gonna have your a - -.”

Can't wait to see this live...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:45 PM

Can't wait to see this live...
me too ... it might tel a lot about Hue to be honest. we've never seen that side of him
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/14/18 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
j/c:

Quote:

I question editing as well.. Not to mention, Hue was sitting at the head of the table, Haley looks like he is looking at someone sitting along the wall.

He was looking at Greg Williams who was sitting on his right.

I will say this....I have head a few comments out of Hue that rub be the wrong way. The one in question is one, another I read maybe today about Williams and Haley getting to to a verbal over a QB hit and Hue saying something about he is the only one who brings the fire. Another was several weeks ago....he was talking about him being the CEO now, he can pull it all together.

Sorry, Hue clearly doesn't have a clue. I am not bashing him. If anything, I feel sorry for the guy. When Hue, Williams and Haley are in the room, Hue is the clear assistant coach in the room . A leader doesn't have to keep stating that he or she is the leader.

JMO
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 12:01 AM
j/c:

I like the series, but it sucks that you know we're going to get a ton of dumb-ass comments like the one above.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:01 AM
episode opens up with corey coleman getting busted in practice.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:06 AM
calloway looks so depressed out there, man.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:12 AM
i love tyrod
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:19 AM
Soooo, last week I was able to watch with HBO Now, I signed up for a free game 30day trial. When open the app, it says “stream new hard knocks episode tonight”, then it only gives me last weeks episode to watch.

I don’t like any of this
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:23 AM
I think you can watch it after it has played on HBO. It's kind of a stupid setup.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:27 AM
j/c:

I like the series, but it sucks that you know we're going to get a ton of dumb-ass comments like the one above.

The great evaluator of Dawgtalker posts has spoken. crazy
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:48 AM
man i love our team being on hard knocks. i know some dont like it, but man im glad we get to see this team from a different perspective.

gregg williams with his classic rant, good to see.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:53 AM
Absolutely love the team being on Hard Knocks.

Favorite comment of this episode was Haley tasking Landry with taking Callaway under his wing and then saying, "Fitzgerald would."

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 02:56 AM
You sure do a lot of it w/out much else.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 03:36 AM
Good episode.

I also liked Haley telling Landry to help Callaway, Fitz would.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 04:16 AM
I know some hate Hue... but Hard Knocks has made me like him even more. The relationship he has with his players is golden.

For all the folks who questioned practices and the message he's sending to players.. Do you feel any better after tonights episode?

Random notes:

- Was corey coleman crying to Hue when he questioned about playing with the 2's? Looked like it.

- I'm cool with Myles and his poetry, but HBO.. please don't waste time filming this. I need action! I did like how Garrett checked the o-line. He brings it EVERY play.

- I like Cajuste.. I guess he's supposed to be the feel good story guy you'll care about if he gets cut.

- Crazy to see how Callaway was acting the day after his cop incident, as he didn't tell anyone about it. Guilty conscious all over his face. The sit down with Hue and Dorsey was interesting to watch.

- That moment when Nate Orchard told Njoku he needed to hit the jugs was priceless.. Njoku had some kind words for him, lol.

- I don't care for their personalities, but I do like how Gregg Williams and Todd Haley get into their players. Williams goes all in. Haley can go in, but flip it and be nice too.

Can't wait til next Tuesday. Absolutely hate that the HBO GO app didn't air the episode til 11. smdh.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 04:22 AM
Excellent post. Will you please copy and paste it to the new one. They are going to lock this one soon, because it's at 10 pages.

Again..............awesome post.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns on Hard Knocks - 08/15/18 07:55 AM
I'm looking forward to watching this morning
© DawgTalkers.net