DawgTalkers.net
was listening to him and Beau Bishupp on a long drive
on CBD show.
Zagura loves the sound of his own voice.
1st day of training camp and he salivates over anything
the Browns do.
if Gennard Avery gets a cup of Gatorade.
Zegura drools all over it.
every 5th sentence hes repeating how much talent there is.
every player on the Browns is elite.
Jon Dorsey is god.cant do any wrong
then again when the Browns went 1 and 31
he was having man crushes on Coleman and DJ.
then he wants to prove how much he "knows"
about football when he goes into his Tony Romo mode.
will he ever get replaced?
Nathan is a good guy. Perfect no..... but neither are we.
Zagura and Bishop are employed by the Browns. The show is broadcast from the Browns HQ in Berea. Of course they're homers. With that said, it can still be a fairly entertaining and informative listen, but if you want hard analysis and criticism its probably not the show for you.
I dont mind the enthsiam.its warranted.its valid.
but their cutsey wordplay off each other reminds me of
2 13 year old girls on the 1st day of school.
I liked Matt Wilheim much better than Beau Bishupp.
he wasnt so gaga over everytime a bum like Ranell Hall
or Seth DeValve caught a 6 yd out route on a future
used car salesman.
I don’t mind it either, but it gets a bit over the top sometimes. Almost like they’re trying too hard to be cool and hip and enthusiastic. But, they’re also employed by the team so I get it.
well said.
just report what you see and give us good interviews.
we dont need your extra gushing over the roster.
liked it better when 1100 WTAM was the flagship station
for the Browns.
Zagura needs to stick with fantasy football
I liked WTAM as well
I don't mind Zagura. I think his shows are informative and entertaining. Seems like a nice enough guy.

If you go in understanding that Jimmy signs his paycheck, then you will get it. Don't go in expecting the see the other side of the coin very often.

Pretend you are watching CNN or NBC News.

He isn't behind mike as often anymore unless need dictates he leave the producer or director chair, but I like Gibbs. That guy is funny.
Not sure anyone else catches it, but I watch the show with Jimmy Donovan and the “other” guy that’s on YouTube ... the other guy is totally annoying lol
He’s an employee of the team.
I really like Zegura! He's excited and you can tell. That's ok! He too deserves it as he has worked with them during some dawg terrible years. And, don't forget...he was banned from the sidelined for a few weeks last year for ripping into a ref after one of their (many) terrible calls! That alone deserves our respect!
Quote:
he wasnt so gaga over everytime a bum like Ranell Hall
or Seth DeValve caught a 6 yd out route on a future
used car salesman.

Maybe because he knew we stood no chance of being anything with a future used car salesman, who had trouble completing passes against air.
I'm not sure exactly what you expect from a paid spokesperson of The Cleveland Browns.
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
was listening to him and Beau Bishupp on a long drive
on CBD show.
Zagura loves the sound of his own voice.
1st day of training camp and he salivates over anything
the Browns do.
if Gennard Avery gets a cup of Gatorade.
Zegura drools all over it.
every 5th sentence hes repeating how much talent there is.
every player on the Browns is elite.
Jon Dorsey is god.cant do any wrong
then again when the Browns went 1 and 31
he was having man crushes on Coleman and DJ.
then he wants to prove how much he "knows"
about football when he goes into his Tony Romo mode.
will he ever get replaced?

1. He gets paid by the Cleveland Browns. He doesn't work the ESPN, hes employed as a Browns employee. Do you think he would still have a job if he bashed them on their own radio show, to which he is an employee of?

2. He actually seems to have been made a fan of the team. He got ejected last year arguing with refs and suspended from the sideline for a series of games. I kinda like that fact.

3. Let you know a little secret about him, he is very successful personally. He has a money of money on what he "knows" about football. And not from being reporter for the Browns.

I am going to go on a limb and say hes making a living based on his football knowledge, you are posting on a free message board about his football knowledge. Im going to go ahead and say the evidence points he knows more about football than you.
hes made alot of money with fantasy football.
that doesnt qualify him knowing more than me.
hes a stat geek.
no harm in that.
I coach at the HS level.
he knows,more about PFF stats.
hes awesome.
As already mentioned. He is employed the Browns, so of course he has to carry the company line.

I'll just add, that not only does he work for the Browns, but they broadcast out of the same building. I would imagine it would be really difficult to go in there and rip the owner, front office, coaches or players, and then have to walk past them in and out of work everyday.

I just don't listen because for years it has been positive stuff with little to no results, but I totally get it.

I do think he does a great job on the sidelines getting the info out there about players injury situations, and other things going on with the game. He's good at what he does, but it comes with a price when you are employed by the people you have to talk about.
Personally I like to hear about as much positive news with the Browns as possible. Honestly though, any news about them I will eat it up. Also, you write very terse sentences.
First let me say that both Nathan & Beau seem like good guys. Very knowledgeable, well researched,connected & professional to a point.

Secondly, its got to be tough to keep a show interesting all year round.

That being said, as an everyday listener, I find myself passing on the original broadcast & waiting for the playback so I can edit the increasing amount of non interesting conversation.

Beau constantly has his tongue up Z's butt, ( which drives me nuts ).

Their private vocabulary & " isms " are irritating, old & tired. Way overused to nauseam. They are good when spontaneous, but WAY overworked & forced.

I find myself looking more for the Best Podcast Available now. Gribbs, Shook & Gibbs are knowledgeable, deliver key information with much less fluff.
He did do a pretty good Randy Macho Man impression recently.
Zegura loves to hear himself talk. His tone is that of "I'm the smartest guy in the room"
He sounds like he's trying to audition for NFL Network.
Anything he passes on info wise he's just hearing
It elsewhere and then saying in a tone that goes
"Look at me look how perceptive and smart Iam"
He's nothing more a fantasy football dork
Who got lucky getting the CBD gig
He's never played a down in his life
Bishop is ok. But he doesn't need Zegura at all.
I like him better when he was 92.3 the Fan.
Just being him and not trying to be a lap fog for Zegura.
Zegura would be great doing pro wrestLing on Mondays
Sounds like he's doing his job.. I like his 2 minute drill show....
Enough blow to make Tony Montana raise an eyebrow!
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Enough blow to make Tony Montana raise an eyebrow!
rofl
As I said some time back, Z is doing what he is paid to do, and he does a good job.
To put this subject in terms even a kid would understand. Nathan is more of a tigger, and your more of an eeyore.

No problem with Nate and the show.

They are doing what they are hired to do.

I like Homerism.
I agree with you, even if it's not my cup of tea.

I only get annoyed with him when they post something up with a headline like "Training Camp Breakdown" and it ends up just being a 7-minute video of Zegura yelling towards the camera.
© DawgTalkers.net