DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: 1oldMutt New uniform reveal - 12/30/19 10:07 PM
To kind of lighten things up a bit...isn't this the year of the "new look"? Any news out there?

Maybe they'll make a big production out of it since the whole franchise will be retooled. Here's our coach and HERE'S our new unis! OBJ can wear some fancy shoes and a watch during the fashion show or something.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: New uniform reveal - 12/30/19 10:15 PM
I thought I heard we were going to adopt the color rush uniform as our standard?
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New uniform reveal - 12/30/19 10:20 PM
I thought they petitioned the league to do it but not sure it was approved. Dont particularly like them myself.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: New uniform reveal - 12/30/19 10:24 PM
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/nothing-fancy-browns-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-in-2020

PHOENIX -- This new, exciting era of the Browns is receiving a makeover.

Browns owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam confirmed Tuesday the team will be donning new uniforms for the 2020 season.

The uniforms will embody a "nothing fancy" mindset, embracing the team's rich tradition and its unique distinction as the only NFL franchise with orange and brown as its two primary colors.

The Browns took a radical turn -- by the team's traditional standards -- in 2015 with their look, shedding a uniform that harkened back to the team's earliest seasons of great success for a modernized look. The results included a more vibrant orange, contrast stitching on the jerseys and pants, a matte finish on the helmet, a brown facemask, the team name down the side of the pant legs, and a jersey that made them the first club in NFL history to wear the city's name on its chest.

Fans buzzed over the new threads, which offered three jerseys and three pairs of pants for a total of 18 possible uniform combinations and were given a grand reveal at the Cleveland Convention Center. The Browns have worn just about all of them since, save for one: the all-orange set.

The uniforms attempted to bring the Browns into a new age, but didn't quite hit their mark. This time around, Dee Haslam thinks they'll be a hit with all fans.

"Yeah, I think they're making great progress on it," she said. "I think we got it right this time."

Haslam didn't reveal any other details about the new sets to be worn by the Browns in 2020 and beyond, citing tweaks that have yet to be made by both Nike and the Browns. One key detail will likely soothe concerns of traditionalists: No new colors will be added into the scheme, Haslam confirmed.

Browns uniforms through the years
With the announcement that the Browns will be receiving new uniforms for the 2020 season, take a look back at the team's appearance from its inception in 1946 all the way through 2019.

A tradition-rich franchise, the Browns have stuck with a brown and orange scheme since their inception in 1946, first donning a white helmet before making the switch to orange in 1952. At one point, brown numbers graced the helmet along with a single white stripe down the middle. Eventually, the numbers gave way to brown stripes running along each side of the white stripe.

Jerseys largely remained the same, with the team ditching an early drop shadow on the numbers for simple, block-style digits. The team kept the look, eventually switching out a gray facemask for a white one in the mid-1970s and tinkering with stripe spacing throughout the 1970s and 1980s.

Orange got its time in the spotlight in the 1970s, when the team switched to orange pants paired with the brown and white jerseys. The team did wear orange numbers during a brief dalliance with a change in design in 1984, but they were so unpopular, the Browns switched back to white numbers (with an orange outline) for that campaign before ultimately returning to their usual look the following season.

Orange didn't return in a dominant role until the early 2000s, when the Browns brought back the orange pants and eventually added a third jersey that was orange with white numbers that included a brown drop shadow (a nod to the 1940s). Then, the team adopted the current orange-heavy look in 2015.

Until their 2020 release, Browns fans can mock up their dream sets in an attempt to envision the future with Baker Mayfield under center. He just won't look exactly like he did in 2018 when it comes to fashion.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 10:02 AM
I figure it’ll just be the color rush brown for home and white for away, with maybe an all orange alternate.

For some reason, the prospects of new uniforms aren’t as intriguing as they were 6 months ago
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 01:42 PM
Give me the old brown over white, the all whites and maybe an orange over white 3rd. NO Browns down the pant legs!!

I like the old school unis.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 02:06 PM
They should change the shade of brown to paper bag. rolleyes sick
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 03:08 PM
I like it. I think winning games should edge out the dress-up doll priority. Selling new gear for the wrong reasons. I like the Elf and the older uniforms from when we were respectable. Hope we are pretty on gameday.
Posted By: woodybrownsfan Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 08:23 PM
Browns need a logo on their uniforms... and possibly on the helmet. hell with the rich old history. thats years...years ago. last time team was relavent was in mid-late 80s. Dawg or Elf on the sleeves at least... and possibly on the helmet.
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 10:11 PM
Uniforms : Browns
Deck chairs : Titanic
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 10:15 PM
Do we get to listen to Celine Dion as we lose year after year?
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 12/31/19 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Do we get to listen to Celine Dion as we lose year after year?

My heart will go on, but my ass is tired of this [bleep].
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New uniform reveal - 01/01/20 04:06 AM
New logo on the side of the helmets

Posted By: bonefish Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 02:27 PM

What date will the new uniforms be released?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 03:05 PM
Quote:
The uniforms attempted to bring the Browns into a new age, but didn't quite hit their mark. This time around, Dee Haslam thinks they'll be a hit with all fans.

"Yeah, I think they're making great progress on it," she said. "I think we got it right this time."

Now where have we HEARD THAT before.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 03:07 PM
Originally Posted By: woodybrownsfan
Browns need a logo on their uniforms... and possibly on the helmet. hell with the rich old history. thats years...years ago. last time team was relavent was in mid-late 80s. Dawg or Elf on the sleeves at least... and possibly on the helmet.

Disagree, and I am someone who would be considered younger.

I am not against the idea if we actually had a logo.

You see, the elf and dawg are mascots, not logos. Theres a difference. Its hard to have a logo of a name.
Posted By: bonefish Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 03:50 PM

The Browns.

It is not a logo team.

Other than the helmet. that is the Browns logo.

I don't know what that brownie is. A elf or what? What does that have to do with the Browns.

Honestly the best uniforms are the ones Jim Brown wore.

Maybe the numbers could be accentuated some that is all.

NO change to helmet.

Best combo. Sealskin dark brown top. White pants with stripes. Sleeves have three stripes around bicep.

Classic.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 05:43 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

In 2015, they revealed in mid-April. I’d imagine it’ll be the same, depending on draft marketing, since they’d need to be out ahead of that.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

In 2015, they revealed in mid-April. I’d imagine it’ll be the same, depending on draft marketing, since they’d need to be out ahead of that.

Who can forget. . .

Joe Thomas, #95, Barkevious Mingo, Donte Whitner, Karlos Dansby, Dwayne Bowe, Christian Kirksey, Taylor Gabriel, Andrew Hawkins, and Brian Hartline revealing the uniforms. Epic.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 06:01 PM
I just wonder how many forget that a few posters suggested how the uniforms may make a difference.......
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 06:08 PM
I'll never forget the uniform reveal show on Channel 5. The pageantry was over the top.

Then the players walked out in uniform and it was complete flop. People even thought they were red because of the lighting.

Classic Browns.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
I'll never forget the uniform reveal show on Channel 5. The pageantry was over the top.

Then the players walked out in uniform and it was complete flop. People even thought they were red because of the lighting.

Classic Browns.

Please God just let them release the new ones in a press release.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 06:14 PM
What kind of innovative marketing strategy would that be?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 06:25 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Classic Browns.

Please God just let them release the new ones in a press release.

So no red carpet? Or interviews with Jimmy, Dee, JW and other luminaries on said red carpet? I was thinking they might even break out about a dozen of those giant sky searchlights to make things look even more festive!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 06:32 PM
I think they should have Cardi B perform at the unveiling.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 07:57 PM
Quote:

Armonty Bryant!
Posted By: Haus Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 08:51 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't really care about the uniforms? I barely even notice them, except when they are in some hideous color scheme, usually something monotone.

Just win.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

Armonty Bryant!

No way. I don't even believe you.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 01/16/20 10:59 PM
Amen. If this is what Dee is ramped about it says a lot about the wow factor driving us. Watching unis is like Super Bowl fans crazy for halftime performers.

I tune in for the game.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New uniform reveal - 01/17/20 12:59 AM
I don't mind a uniform change, for some teams it's a symbolic way of putting a bad past behind them, and moving forward. Of course it doesn't always work, but gotta start somewhere.

I wouldn't mind a burnt orange metallic helmet color though, or even a flat matte orange.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 01/17/20 01:27 AM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
I don't mind a uniform change, for some teams it's a symbolic way of putting a bad past behind them, and moving forward.

Well, if that's the case we should be on uniform change #5 with the Haslam's!

The fact that we are now on uniform 2 in their short tenure as owners (not to mention all the coaches and GMs they have hired and fired) is a pretty sad state of affairs.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 01/17/20 02:14 AM
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 01/17/20 04:07 AM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

This looks pretty good, but I remember all the speculation and mock ups leading up to the last uni change. Guess we will see when we see.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 01/17/20 04:09 AM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

This looks pretty good, but I remember all the speculation and mock ups leading up to the last uni change. Guess we will see when we see.

I think I would like that if they would take the shoulder stripes and carry them down the sides of the torso, lining up with the pants stripes. I do not want to go backwards.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 01/17/20 04:36 AM
Lol, those look ridiculous and appear like a bad photoshop.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 03:57 PM

Not sure if this will be aligned in any way w/ new informs. but the "Browns" type seems a bit different. And the color Browns looks much darker....but that could just be my eyes.

Maybe the elf will be the "official" logo moving forward?
Posted By: AZBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 04:23 PM

Hope not.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 04:33 PM
That logo makes me think of Grossi and Baker for some reason.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 04:47 PM
Have heard that the elf will be making more appearances on team gear going forward... #Browns

He won’t be part of the uniform, but just sideline gear, etc.

https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/1245017962702147585
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 04:51 PM
All the teams hats are black. They are the draft hats. They are supposed to look like neon lights because the draft was going to be in Vegas.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 05:07 PM
All the teams hats are black. They are the draft hats. They are supposed to look like neon lights because the draft was going to be in Vegas.

I guess it is black. At first glance it looked really, REALLY brown. But after looking at other teams, yeah, they are the same color.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 05:33 PM
Have heard that the elf will be making more appearances on team gear going forward... #Browns

He won’t be part of the uniform, but just sideline gear, etc.

https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/1245017962702147585

I just hope their cleats don't have toes that curl over.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 09:51 PM
Deja vu all over again. Wasn't correct before, suspect she won't be this time. Acts like she is ashamed of it.

I love the traditional uniform. Hope we don't screw it up and pretend it's "right." How about some wins to generate some excitement.

This?
"Hoopla! Oink, oink!"
Frank Zappa
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: AZBrown

Hope not.

The elf is a way of life. The elf is the way forward. The elf is the way of truth and shall carry us through.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Originally Posted By: AZBrown

Hope not.

The elf is a way of life. The elf is the way forward. The elf is the way of truth and shall carry us through.

The elf is not an elf. The elf is a brownie (which is not an elf).
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 10:47 PM
One might call him an elf. Another might call him a Brownie.

I call him hideous and an offs-spring of Satan.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 10:51 PM
I don't know that I'd go so far as to say 'off spring of satan', but I for 1 don't care for the elf, or brownie, or whatever he/she it is called.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 10:59 PM
It was said in jest.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 03/31/20 11:00 PM
brownie
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 04/01/20 12:09 AM
I was trying to figure out how to make an elf look intimidating .....

Maybe a "Harley Quinn" style mallet?

Nah, even then he gets laughed at .... maybe more. crazy
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/01/20 11:22 AM
j/c:

I'm perfectly fine with the brownie becoming the main logo. But if it's not, I just want a logo that is not the Browns helment or a patch of orange next to 'CLE' at the bottom of the screen when watching the game of Fox.

Give the Browns a logo and run with it moving forward, whatever it may be.

I guess a dawg would be #1, but I'd take the brownie as well. I guess those are really to two options we have unless we are creating something completely new.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: New uniform reveal - 04/01/20 02:46 PM
I thought they look dumb, but this makes much more sense.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/01/20 05:04 PM
Did Baker pose for the logo?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/01/20 05:11 PM
It's not him. The #6 is missing.
Posted By: FATE Re: New uniform reveal - 04/01/20 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Did Baker pose for the logo?

Lol. Maybe. That elf looks cross-eyed drunk!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/02/20 01:55 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/02/20 09:53 AM
So, let’s guess it’ll be the week before the draft (assuming the draft remains)
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: New uniform reveal - 04/02/20 04:45 PM
My guess is that we release them a week after the Bucs do, so around April 13th. I believe they are slated to release theirs April 6th?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/03/20 01:52 AM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New uniform reveal - 04/03/20 04:18 PM
I will never understand the obsession with having a new uniform every year.

It's a uniform... it looks as good, or as bad, as your results.

Even those freaking eyesores the Seahawks had that made you want to check the color adjustments of your TV looked pretty decent when they were crushing people. Heck, that field in Boise was fun to look at the one year their football team was good.

This is football, not a fashion show in Milan. Just put on your colors and make them look good with how you play the game.

Absolutely nothing is won in the runway.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/03/20 04:22 PM
It's only every five years. That's as soon as Halslam is allowed to change them in an attempt to get people to spend hard earned money on a sub par product.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New uniform reveal - 04/03/20 04:42 PM
Feels like we have it every year. It's a new uniform, or a new "color rush" thing, etc... feels like there's always something.

It's just a shirt and pants, folks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/03/20 04:47 PM
J/c

I’m not a big uniform guy either ... but I have to say the most recent ones are VERY bad. I welcome a change
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 04:28 PM
Not certain if plans have changed, but #Browns new uniforms expected to be unveiled on April 15.

https://twitter.com/twithersAP/status/1247548987953098753
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 04:34 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 04:52 PM
Good move by the Browns
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 05:07 PM
j/c:

Tampa Bay just revealed theirs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 05:10 PM
Can someone post TB’s new ones?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 05:57 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 07:16 PM
Thanks .. they’re a bit better than the last ones, though I still prefer the lighter orange
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 09:05 PM
Quote:
Unveiling date: Not yet announced. Update: Beat writer Tom Withers is reporting that the Browns will unveil on April 15.

The latest news: I heard yesterday from a trusted source who said he was talking with a decal manufacturer. The manufacturer told him that he was working on “tweaks” to the decals they produce for the Browns. The manufacturer did not give any additional details, and my source declined to identify the manufacturer.

Paul’s take: Of course, Browns don’t have any helmet decals, at least not in the traditional sense of the term. The manufacturer could have been referring to the nose and neck bumpers, but I think the more likely scenario involves the team’s helmet striping, which since 2015 has featured a faux carbon fiber pattern:

Ownership has already given multiple signals that the team is going back to old-school basics, so eliminating the pattern from the stripes would seem to fit that agenda.

https://uni-watch.com/2020/04/07/new-browns-colts-uni-details-emerge-bucs-to-unveil-today/
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 09:07 PM
I was going to post this earlier today. I didn't know if the site/writer was legit or not.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 09:08 PM
I was going to post this earlier today. I didn't know if the site/writer was legit or not.

Paul Lukas and Uniwatch are the most legit sources in the world when it comes to uniforms.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 09:18 PM

Paul Lukas and Uniwatch are the most legit sources in the world when it comes to uniforms.

Sounds good to me. And the fact you'd post it too is all the info I need, really. You are on top of these types of things.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 10:51 PM
I like the idea of eliminating the Pattern on the stripes
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I like the idea of eliminating the Pattern on the stripes

Honestly, when I saw that picture of the helmet, I thought the design on the stripe was going to be a new addition. I never noticed that the stripes had a pattern before.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/07/20 11:08 PM
Yeah, i noticed it before ... I like the solid seal brown instead of the variance. Not a huge deal tho
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 01:45 AM
j/c:

We all have different tastes and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My prediction is that the new unis will suck. Just like all Brown's uniforms. The helmets are pathetic. The color combination of brown and orange is gross. I liked the Color Rush uniforms when they first came out, but they looked hideous last year. Trashy in a gaudy sort of way. The only new ones I like are the all whites and those are the uniforms most people dislike. LOL

I propose we change our name to the Cleveland Blacks and go w/a sweet uniform like this one:

Now, that rocks!!!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 01:48 AM
Hmmmmmm ... I wonder what team that is ? smile
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 01:51 AM
I found that in a random search. wink

And shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 01:58 AM
j/c:

We all have different tastes and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My prediction is that the new unis will suck. Just like all Brown's uniforms. The helmets are pathetic. The color combination of brown and orange is gross. I liked the Color Rush uniforms when they first came out, but they looked hideous last year. Trashy in a gaudy sort of way. The only new ones I like are the all whites and those are the uniforms most people dislike. LOL

I propose we change our name to the Cleveland Blacks and go w/a sweet uniform like this one:

Now, that rocks!!!

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 02:05 AM
JC

I just saw the Falcons leak ... it’s a gradient red/black mix. Not a huge fan, but I dont think we’re going in that direction
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 01:07 PM
j/c:

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 02:24 PM
All of these besides the gradient ones are fine.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 03:33 PM
I understand you aren't a fan of the brown and orange. And that's okay. But to me those colors are the very essence of fall. They represent the fall season which align perfectly with the return of football every year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 04:32 PM
I like Atlanta’s throwback black ones
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 05:27 PM
I like the Buccaneers' new uniforms...not a fan of the Falcons'.

I'm also glad that the NFL is letting teams use more than 1 helmet now. Teams will be able to use more throwback uniforms now (like Tampa's Bucco Bruce orange uniforms).
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 07:16 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 08:05 PM
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush

I'm also glad that the NFL is letting teams use more than 1 helmet now. Teams will be able to use more throwback uniforms now (like Tampa's Bucco Bruce orange uniforms).

Where did you see this?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 08:45 PM
Lol
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/08/20 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I understand you aren't a fan of the brown and orange. And that's okay. But to me those colors are the very essence of fall. They represent the fall season which align perfectly with the return of football every year.

Those colors remind me more of a bad trip during the 1960s and 1970s. "Far out." "Groovy."

Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 01:45 AM

Where did you see this?

Sorry, I thought I had read it somewhere on the uniwatch page...I guess I was mistaken. It did say that it's been hinted the the "one-shell" rule will go away in 2021.

Uniwatch

Read a little way down in the Buccaneers section.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 10:31 AM
All of these besides the gradient ones are fine.

I think the gradient looks pretty good.

I don't really care about uniforms.

I will say for us, I don't like the brown on brown look, or brown pants with any variation. Go with white or orange pants with any variation of jersey.

Actually, I like white on white. We have won more games in those than any other variation.

No logo on the helmet. Our helmet is the log, but if we had to have one.....go Brownie Elf. I know most younger folks don't like it, but I am not a younger folk, even if my mind tells me not. It's old school. It's what I grew up with...Brownie rules.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 03:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
No logo on the helmet. Our helmet is the logo

This.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 04:03 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 05:05 PM
They're bringing Jim Brown back! Also, looks like Clay Matthews and Eric Metcalf were pictured. New design is going to honor the old traditions.

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 05:27 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 05:30 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 05:39 PM
Looks like a traditional uniform as we expected ... though, I would like the white face mask instead of brown ... no big deal
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/09/20 11:53 PM
They are going to remain gross. Yay! rolleyes
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/10/20 04:40 AM
Looks like a traditional uniform as we expected ... though, I would like the white face mask instead of brown ... no big deal

i like the white facemask too.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/10/20 09:35 AM
But I prefer brown to gray, so I guess it could be worse
Posted By: ThomasE Re: New uniform reveal - 04/10/20 09:43 PM
still, and will always like the the 1960 uniform the best...even now heart skips a beat when i see them...these are the browns i fell in love with
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/11/20 11:00 PM
That or the Brian Sipe or Bernie Kosar years.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/11/20 11:56 PM
I watched the Browns at Falcons game from 2014 ... we won it at the gun. We wore white jerseys with all brown pants (no stripes). I didn’t mind it
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:03 AM
I always thought the early 80's brown jersey with orange pants was a classic look.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:04 AM
Gross.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:13 AM
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:14 AM
Gross.

Deal with it. grin
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:18 AM
I'm trying, bro. For over 50 years now.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:52 AM
Pumpkin head on twitter just posted a version that he’s heard are “basically it” ... I’ll try to post it
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:53 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/PumpkinNation/status/1248988085456637953

That whole thread
Posted By: leadtheway Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 02:03 AM
I actually like the all orange with black on the twitter post
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 02:28 AM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I actually like the all orange with black on the twitter post

That's not black, it's brown.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 08:26 AM
Love the brown jerseys with orange pants.

Love the white on white too.

Don't like the orange on orange.

Don't really like the brown on brown either.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 09:22 AM
The brown over orange is a good look IMO
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 12:32 PM
The brown over orange is a good look IMO

Next to last years color rush, which hopefully we keep with this jersey reveal, the Brown top/ Orange bottom is my favorite.
Posted By: Hammer Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 01:58 PM
Brown over Brown is never a good look. More Orange and White, please.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 02:27 PM
White over white

Brown over white

Color rush over white or orange for Prime time
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 02:50 PM

If those are the ones, I’m happy. Love the brown over orange, the white over white, and the old school numeral design.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 02:52 PM
I agree. I wish we had a white face mask, but I’d be good with that design
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 03:27 PM
We get it already.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 10:50 PM
And I get it that you guys love the colors.

I can imagine what the insides of your homes/apartments look like.

Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 11:08 PM
And I get it that you guys love the colors.

I can imagine what the insides of your homes/apartments look like.

Basement Rec Room

Living Room

Bedroom

Bathroom

Kitchen
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 11:09 PM
LOL..........nice.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 11:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

Basement Rec Room

This is absolutely beautiful!!!
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 11:46 PM
I just realized my "bedroom scene" is a funeral home ... good grief!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/12/20 11:47 PM
brownie
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 12:20 AM
Excellent!
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 12:46 AM

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 12:48 AM

I thought that was what it was ..... but I didn't want to be mean. rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I thought that was what it was ..... but I didn't want to be mean. rofl

I was scrolling through the pics and I kinda felt bad for making my comment about your houses and actually thinking this was Dave's house.........and then I saw the bedroom photo and laughed my ass off.

Dave is a pretty funny guy.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 12:54 AM
How appropriate. wink

Your basement rec room is awesome though.

Edit reason: didn’t think it was that funny
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 01:27 AM
What the ever living hell. Why are you posting pictures of dead Swagger.

That picture should not exist. Why did they glamorize a dead dog?
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 01:35 AM
WTF Eve, I couldn't tell it was even a dog. Who poses a dead dog in a casket? I thought it was a human in a bed at first, then I looked closer after posting.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 01:42 AM
Because it was Swagger.
Posted By: bonefish Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 01:56 PM

Browns fans crack me up.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 02:47 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 03:02 PM
I’ll take it
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 03:21 PM
Boring.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 03:52 PM
Boring.

Boring is better than butt ugly.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 04:07 PM
I'll take it too. Can't get too excited when they're just correcting a mistake. I'm guessing whatever we get is what we should have gotten when they brought us the pee-wee football pants with the font running up the sides of the legs.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 04:24 PM
Always loved the brown/white. Prefer the all whites but can live with the white/brown. Despise the all brown. Would rather see white,brown/orange if I had a choice there...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 04:37 PM
Boring.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 04:41 PM
Haha yikes
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 05:08 PM
Grateful posted this on the 7th, but here is the full description and commentary from Peter King Peter King:

1. I think this is a great idea from the Cleveland Browns: They’re rolling out a uniform redesign on Wednesday, and the net proceeds from all new jersey sales will go to COVID-19 relief in Greater Cleveland, a program the team plans to unveil today. Two points:

• Jersey profits will go to a fund, “Hats Off To Our Heroes,” aiding health-care professionals, first-responders, education professionals and others on the front line of caring and servicing those affected by the virus. “Having a uniform launch now, we asked ourselves, ‘Are we being tone-deaf?’ “ Browns executive vice president J.W. Johnson said. “We thought we needed some positivity in a tough time for a lot of people.”

• This will be the third team in a week (Atlanta and Tampa Bay last week) re-launching the uniform. If it seems it wasn’t that long ago that the Browns changed unis, it wasn’t. It last happened in 2015, and the reaction was pretty sour. “Our fans wanted us to get back to our roots, to our tradition,” Johnson said. “We’ve always had a classic, clean and iconic look. We’re a traditional team, like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas. Our fans weren’t super-thrilled with our uniform [change] the last time. Now we’ve been able to figure out a way for us to go back to more of a traditional look while giving back to people and to families who need it.” It’s a smart way to help. Now everyone who buys a Browns jersey knows they’re contributing X dollars to those helping the afflicted.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 05:25 PM
J/C

Maybe it’s just me, but I get a d-bag vibe from JW Johnson. He seems to be a “dude” ... without ever really doing anything?

Is he just the son-in-law of Haslam? It’s kinda weird he’s all of a sudden such a mouthpiece
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 05:38 PM
J/C

Maybe it’s just me, but I get a d-bag vibe from JW Johnson. He seems to be a “dude” ... without ever really doing anything?

Is he just the son-in-law of Haslam? It’s kinda weird he’s all of a sudden such a mouthpiece

JW Johnson Executive Vice President, Owner
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 05:46 PM
Those are impressive titles but doesn't really address what it is "he does".
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 05:53 PM
Yeah, I’m honestly just curious ... what qualifications does he have other than just being Haslam’s son-in-law (if he is that) .. I realize owners are owners, but is he really an owner lol ... I dont even know how to explain it
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 05:53 PM
Uniforms look like a throwback to the heyday of the Peyton Hillis days!

Basically, we spent 5 years to end up back at square one, save for a barely noticeably tweak here or there. Lol, classic Browns indeed!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 05:56 PM
J/C

D-bag? JDubs??? What would ever give you that vibe?!?

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 06:03 PM
Lol yeah, what a tool
Posted By: Hammer Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 06:50 PM
LMAO - just add green pointed shoes and that would be awesome.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 07:31 PM
I'm sharing that elf uniform bright and early Wednesday morning. LOL
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 10:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
I'm sharing that elf uniform bright and early Wednesday morning. LOL

Is that a Elf or a Girl Scout? Whimpy
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/13/20 11:21 PM
Boring.

Brown and orange is the very definition of butt ugly.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:04 AM
Boring.

Brown and orange is the very definition of butt ugly.

Depends on who you ask. We all know they aren’t changing the colors so you have to do what you can with what you have.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:20 AM
I agree that they aren't going to change, but not too many years ago, I was debating w/Daman and some others about our colors. Daman said something about people liking those colors. I did some research and low and behold............brown and orange were at the very bottom of the majority of people's color chart.

Dude, brown and orange is butt ugly in the minds of most people. Maybe not you. Maybe not Dave. Maybe not Grateful. Etc.

But, most people think they are butt-ugly colors. I can look that info up again if you think I am making it up, but I'm hoping you take my word for it because I really don't want to waste my time on it.

But, to throw you a bone.............you are right, the Browns are not going to change their colors. It is what it is.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:22 AM
Brown and orange look great together imo and I wish vers would stop stirring the pot. Lol, like he’s gonna do that.

I was afraid they’d stylize the numbers, somewhat like the Titans or Broncos have. I’m liking our new/old uniforms. I don’t like the colour rush but the all orange helmets were ok.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:25 AM
Stirring the pot? Are you saying we have to agree on which colors we prefer? Bro?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:27 AM
I was kidding, man.

Although, I honestly thought you were just saying you hate the colours just to annoy people. Calm down dude.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:31 AM
I am calm and I am just poking you guys.

Here is a link to people and their color preferences. It isn't as good as the one I provided a few years ago to Daman, but it kinda makes the same point:

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/39566-what-is-your-least-favorite-color
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:34 AM
Daggone..............look at this one. I'm right yet again.

https://neilpatel.com/blog/gender-and-color/
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:37 AM
Haha, I glanced at it. Of course orange is one of the worst, and I don’t have anything orange unless it’s a Browns hat or shirt.

They’re OUR colours, though, and have been for 70-plus years.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:38 AM
Go team!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:40 AM
I like orange and brown. It's the colors of Autumn, the best time of the year.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:43 AM
Just go back to the classic white on white at home, those were the days....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:43 AM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:46 AM
This is kinda cool because it has both the dawg and the pumpkin head.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:47 AM

Oh, the tradition.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:50 AM
I do realize some of you take this seriously, though. So, I will dedicate this post to you sensitive types.

Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:52 AM
That pumpkin isn’t even orange. Get that **** outta here.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:54 AM
Go team!

Yes.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:00 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
That pumpkin isn’t even orange. Get that **** outta here.

Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:05 AM
I refuse to open that video. My ears probably couldn’t stand it, if it’s the same song from the 70s.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:07 AM
LOL.................good move. It's painful.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 09:44 AM
In terms of the colors, I think softening the orange a bit and making the brown one shade lighter would do wonders. I think our colors have become too stark and kind of contrast each other instead of blend .. IDK if that even makes sense haha
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 09:45 AM
According to that, the Steelers also have some of the worst smile
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 12:31 PM
I love orange and brown. I have lots of non-Browns clothes with those colors. I am an against the grain kind of guy though, so I hate liking things that are popular by the majority.. probably another reason I am a die hard Browns fan. Sucks saying that, but its true.

Excited for tomorrow's reveal.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 12:50 PM
According to that, the Steelers also have some of the worst smile

I like the black, but their gold is absolutely hideous. Way too gaudy. I like the shade of gold the Saints use.
Posted By: Hammer Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 02:01 PM
I agree with this. Look at the unis back in the 80s. Softer Brown and Orange. Get rid of the stupid brown pants. Brown/White, White/White, White/Orange, Brown/Orange, Orange/White.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
I love orange and brown. I have lots of non-Browns clothes with those colors. I am an against the grain kind of guy though, so I hate liking things that are popular by the majority.. probably another reason I am a die hard Browns fan. Sucks saying that, but its true.

Excited for tomorrow's reveal.

I’m with you. I wear earth tones primarily. I don’t wear scrubs for my job. Can’t wear denim. I don’t like dressing in grays and black as it’s morose in a field (hospice) filled with moroseness already. I hate khaki dockers. So I tend to wear brown cords, or other earth tone cords of different shades most days. I even have a pair of them in burnt orange. So throwback to the 70’s. I love it.
In my casual wear I have more than a couple of non Browns related burnt orange colored tshirts and long sleeve t’s. I wear brown regularly. Again, earth tones tend to fill my closet and dresser drawers.
I guess guys like Vers must wear black and blues primarily?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:13 PM
I actually was just thinking last night how nice the Saints uniforms are ... even their all black have a great mix of gold
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:17 PM
Black is boring and over done in the NFL.
JMHO
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:32 PM
j/c

Pittsburgh? Heinz Field?

Home of the black and mustard.
Posted By: Hammer Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 03:39 PM
French's not Grey Poupon.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 05:03 PM

Take a ride through the history of the Cleveland Browns iconic uniforms from the past to the present... and into the future...
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 06:55 PM
I agree that they aren't going to change, but not too many years ago, I was debating w/Daman and some others about our colors. Daman said something about people liking those colors. I did some research and low and behold............brown and orange were at the very bottom of the majority of people's color chart.

Dude, brown and orange is butt ugly in the minds of most people. Maybe not you. Maybe not Dave. Maybe not Grateful. Etc.

But, most people think they are butt-ugly colors. I can look that info up again if you think I am making it up, but I'm hoping you take my word for it because I really don't want to waste my time on it.

But, to throw you a bone.............you are right, the Browns are not going to change their colors. It is what it is.

I will say that I am not a fan of orange when combined with another color, like in a uniform. Brown, blue, whatever.

My least favorite NFL color scheme is Miami's aqua.
Posted By: Hammer Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 07:25 PM
Such disdain for the great color of Orange.

Could it be that the Browns/Buckeye fans do not like the sight of Orange due to its likeness to Clemson and the fact that they never have won against them over the years. I know Woody hated Orange, for sure.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 09:03 PM

"Leaks"

https://uni-watch.com/2020/04/13/exclusive-new-leak-shows-browns-uni-plans/
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 09:06 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 10:03 PM

I like those uniforms...I hope they use a brown jersey orange pants combo.
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 10:48 PM
Brown-on-brown uni's need the orange leg stripe, imo. I also wish there were orange bottoms in the mix, but whatev's. Moving on. At this point, I just hope there's a season.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: New uniform reveal - 04/14/20 11:59 PM
I wish the color rush were all orange. The picture above in the thread shows something like that. I liked the brown color rush at first, but don't anymore. They look to drab for me.

Brown jerseys and white pants, white on white, and brown jerseys with orange pants would make me happy. And yes, all orange color rush.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 01:13 AM
I’m not a fan of the brown pants with white tops. Just doesn’t look good
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 01:46 AM
Posted By: guard dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 01:59 AM
I was just about to copy that twitter post over here. Glad I checked the thread first. Ready to get back to our roots.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:06 AM
Getting back to our roots likey means our traditional look with a modern design on the sleeves and collar.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 09:33 AM
Anybody have a leak yet?
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:45 AM
Do we know what time the official release is going to be?
Posted By: guard dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:47 AM
J/C

It's just before 7 AM EST here. Just want to say that something I hope to see on the new uni is striping lowered to bicep level with either TV numbers just above or on top of shoulder. Not a deal-breaker for me but I do like that look. Oh, hope we get some orange pants too.

Go Browns!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Jester

12pm EST
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:53 AM
More so than the uniforms, I'm still hoping they announce a legit team logo. No, not one on the helmet, but one essentially used everywhere else. I'm done with the helmet as the logo.

I'm guessing there will be some sort of color rush version of the uniforms that we will wear quite a bit as that seemed like a big fan favorite. Or at least it was the preference to the garbage the Haslems and Alec Scheiner had trotted out there the past 5 years.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:53 AM
Wonder how many of these sorts of memes we'll see on twitter today... lol

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:57 AM
Anybody have a leak yet?

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 12:06 PM

Is it just me or do none of them look all that excited?
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 12:12 PM

12pm EST

Thanks
Want to add that I am a fan of the orange pants but don't like the brown pants
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 01:12 PM
The official logo will be the elf! brownie Yeah!
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 01:19 PM

I heard that while the elf won't be on the uni, it will be featured on secondary items like hats, tee shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I also heard the brownie elf was being updated to be more "edgy" ...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 01:27 PM
Is it just me or do none of them look all that excited?

Like a kid at Christmas that just got a present they don't really care about from grandma and grandpa, but are trying to be polite.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 01:27 PM

I'd be ok with the brownie elf on the 50 yard line. As big as the Cowboys' star!
brownie
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 03:08 PM
Haha i think so too ... the new players dont care (nor should they) about tradition
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 03:57 PM
Is there a link somewhere?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 03:58 PM
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:03 PM
Is there a link somewhere?

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/

wink
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:04 PM
That was it?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:05 PM
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:05 PM
I like them. Back to basics. The color rush is a bit more simplistic too. A- grade.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:05 PM
good with everything except the brown pants with the white top
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:06 PM
I hate the socks.

The uniforms are boring as can be.

Bleh.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:06 PM

Yeah, that's my least favorite of the four options.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:07 PM
I kinda like the socks, tbh.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:08 PM
CLEVELAND, Ohio (92.3 The Fan) – The Browns jumped in a DeLorean and returned with their traditional uniforms.

The new uniforms look much like previous uniforms worn in the 50’s, 60’s, 80’s and the expansion era prior to the change in 2015.

“We wanted to get back to the roots of who the Browns are,” JW johnson, Browns executive vice president and owner, said. “We've heard it from our fans and from our players. We needed to get back to our roots.

“As you look at iconic franchises like the Browns, the Bears, the Packers, the Cowboys — they're true to who they are. They're not doing a lot of changes and trying to make a lot of flashy moves with their uniforms. I think when we went through the process, it just felt right that we got back to who we are and who we'll always be.”

The Browns are returning to the single-color numerals and lettering – white on the brown jersey and brown on the white jersey.

There is no orange jersey among the new combination.

The simplistic look on the jersey continues with Cleveland removed and there is no text on the front of the jersey other than the numerals.

The stripes return to just the sleeves alternating brown-orange-brown-orange-brown on the white jersey and white-orange-white-orange-white on the brown jersey as well as the socks.

The color rush uniforms look the same with a slight change – the stripes on the jersey sleeves and pants have been dropped.

Stitched inside the collar of every jersey is “1946,” the year the team was founded. It replaces “DAWG POUND,” which filled the spot from 2015-19.

“We put a lot of effort this past season into making sure we can make those uniforms our home primary because the fans liked them, our players liked them. We appreciate the league working with us on that,” Johnson said. “We used some of that as a base. The stripes have always been a part of the brand, whether it was the helmet or the jerseys, starting back in the 1940s and 1950s. It's just a part of who we are. We just felt like we needed to get back to who we are.

“Our uniforms have always been iconic. They've always been classic. They will forever be iconic and classic now with what we've launched and how we feel about them.”

The brown facemask will remain however the carbon fiber striping detail that was added to the helmet in 2015 has been removed.

“It pays respect to those players from the past,” Brad Melland, Browns longtime director of equipment operations said. “I think they did a great job on the production and design of this uniform, and I am extremely happy because this represents what the Browns are really all about.”

The Browns began working with Nike and the NFL in 2017 to undo much of what was done in 2015.

“We just felt like getting back to our roots and going back to who we are and who we'll always be is a reason why we made this change,” Johnson said. “We hope that our fans, alumni and players, who are obviously really excited about it, will be happy with the direction where we went.”
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:08 PM
Looks the same as Brady Quinn and Peyton Hillis days.

Whatever. Waste of 5 years going back and forth. Lol.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:10 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:16 PM

Shut up, JW. tongue
Posted By: DaveyD Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:18 PM
Pay homage to the past? Bring back the Brown top and Orange pants!
Posted By: bonefish Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:19 PM

My two cents:

The all brown uniform needs orange stripes on the pants.

Not real big on the "stripe patch" on the shoulder sleeve.

My preference would be longer sleeves with the stripes near the biceps.

However, overall I am good with them. I like the brown tops and white pants. The all whites. And the white tops brown pants.

Not big on the all brown.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:23 PM
I hate the socks.

The uniforms are boring as can be.

Bleh.

You liked the old ones when they came out so that means these are fire.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:23 PM
I agree Bone. The color rush ones get a D from me ... not a fan.

The brown pants are also quite a bad look
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:28 PM
j/c...

I just ordered a couple of Nick Chubb jerseys for my kids.

All sales proceeds go to workers on the frontline.

Knocking out a quarantine gift and essentially donating to charity!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:32 PM
The fans are excited by winning games as should the players be.

Stop pimping these for Dee and get on with the games. I am OK with The Reveal. Just enough dress-up; SUIT-up and prepare to win some.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:33 PM
can we keep the jerseys the same and bring back the players from that era instead?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:34 PM
can we keep the jerseys the same and bring back the players from that era instead?

Doesn’t Jim Brown walk with a cane? I don’t think he’d be very good.
Posted By: Xanthros Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:36 PM
I hate them personally. I know I’m going to be the minority on this but then again I’m all about moving towards the future not the past. I drive a 2019 vehicle and don’t plan on buying something out of the 70s to replace it. I expected something in the middle. Not straight up plain boring and non inspired.

Grade F-

#bringbackthefuture
Posted By: leadtheway Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:37 PM

Doesn’t Jim Brown walk with a cane? I don’t think he’s be very good.

Jim used to act hurt after every play...no exception.. probably does cross fit outside public eye
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 04:38 PM

Doesn’t Jim Brown walk with a cane? I don’t think he’s be very good.

Put him in a Rascal. Not the 4 volt!

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:03 PM
j/c

How to know the team you follow has sucked for $500 Alex.

When the fans get more excited about the new uniforms than the actual failure of the past season?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:03 PM
j/c

How to know the team you follow has sucked for $500 Alex.

When the fans get more excited about the new uniforms than the actual failure of the past season.

Why would anyone be excited about failing last season?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:04 PM
Excitement can be both good and bad.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:05 PM
Excitement can be both good and bad.

Nice save.
Posted By: thriller Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:13 PM
I'm disappointed we won't be using the orange pants. I thought the traditional brown jersey and orange pants were the nicest uniform in the league.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:16 PM
I don't know about you, but when someone hits my car I get pretty excited. Facts aren't a "save". But hey, when all else fails, right?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:28 PM
I don't know about you, but when someone hits my car I get pretty excited. Facts aren't a "save". But hey, when all else fails, right?

You don’t have to save a save. We all know what you are doing.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:33 PM
Sooo..... How many extra wins are the new uniforms good for?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:34 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Wait.....is there even going to be a season? willynilly
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:36 PM
well, they went through the trouble of having a fashion show already, there had better be!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 05:40 PM
You are still flailing and failing.
Posted By: kwhip Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:16 PM

My two cents:

The all brown uniform needs orange stripes on the pants.

Not real big on the "stripe patch" on the shoulder sleeve.

My preference would be longer sleeves with the stripes near the biceps.

However, overall I am good with them. I like the brown tops and white pants. The all whites. And the white tops brown pants.

Not big on the all brown.

Thank Gawd they lost those sick Orange Numbers.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:21 PM

Point spreads for 2020 Browns games released
Cleveland opens as favorites in 10 games

https://923thefan.radio.com/articles/cleveland-browns-2020-point-spreads

The NFL schedule has yet to be released and no one knows for sure when the Browns will take the field this fall but the point spreads for all 16 games have been released.

BetOnline posted the spreads on Wednesday for the 2020 season. The Browns are favored in 10 of the games, are dogs in five and one is a pick ‘em.

Cleveland Browns +14 @ Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns -3 @ Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns +3½ @ Dallas Cowboys

Cleveland Browns -4½ @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Cleveland Browns -1 @ New York Giants

Cleveland Browns -1 @ New York Jets

Cleveland Browns +3½ @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns +3 @ Tennessee Titans

Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns +3½

Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns -8

Houston Texans @ Cleveland Browns -3½

Indianapolis Colts @ Cleveland Browns -1

Las Vegas Raiders @ Cleveland Browns -5

Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns pk

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns -1

Washington Redskins @ Cleveland Browns -9
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:28 PM

Yea I don't like that also.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:30 PM

Wait.....is there even going to be a season? willynilly
At this point who knows?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:30 PM
That 14 at Baltimore seems high
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:30 PM
I'm angry. Where are the orange pants!?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:41 PM
JW johnson who may or may not be important, just said they’re coming
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:42 PM
They aren't perfect - like others here, I was hoping for some orange pants to harken back to the days of Sipe, Dieken, Matthews, Darden - but they are a big improvement over the last 5 years, so I'm good with the new uni's.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:45 PM

Am I the only one that hates the orange pants?

No offense, Rocket.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:46 PM

No offense, Rocket.

I think anything besides white is bad.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:48 PM

No offense, Rocket.

I think anything besides white is bad.

Yes!

I do like the color rush though.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 06:49 PM

No offense, Rocket.

Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 07:10 PM
Poor taste club up in this thread.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 07:27 PM

No.
Posted By: bonefish Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 07:30 PM

14 points to a team that you split with last year?

I would have a hard time spotting any team 14 points.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 07:33 PM
Opening Day, away, with a new coach and a Browns team that grossly underperformed last year.

Laying an egg of that magnitude is as likely as anything.

Note: the spread for the later game with them here.... it's a whole lote closer.
Posted By: bonefish Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 07:34 PM

You are not alone.

In fact I really hated orange shirts.

Orange is good as an accent in strips and helmet. But orange pants or orange shirts just doesn't make it for me.
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 08:21 PM
Browns fans can argue about anything.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 08:28 PM
I dont think its implying that its our opener, just that its the first on their list
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 08:31 PM
Browns fans can argue about anything.

What are you trying to say?!?!

brownie
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 08:49 PM
I like 3 out of 4 I could do without the all Brown, and I would rather see Orange Pants with the White Jersey I really love the Brown Jersey White Pants and the All Whites ...
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 09:05 PM
I consider myself pretty attuned to design and I just don’t see much different about them. They’re fine, whatever. Now just win. They’ll look simply amazing if we win.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 09:28 PM
I dont know how to post pictures, but wreck this league on twitter just posted the Brown/Orange combo ... to me, that’s PERFECT
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 09:41 PM
I dont know how to post pictures, but wreck this league on twitter just posted the Brown/Orange combo ... to me, that’s PERFECT

Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 09:49 PM

That looks awesome. The Brown shirts and white pants look horrible
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 09:57 PM

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:02 PM
They SUCK!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:04 PM
They needed a brown jersey and orange pants uni.

The brown on brown SUCKS!

The rest are MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:04 PM
Do we actually know whether there is or isn't an orange pants version of the new uni?
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:05 PM
All dressed up and nowhere to go. These are not a wallet magnet to me.

Let's win us a bunch o' games after the excitement lets up. Play ball!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:06 PM
Looks like they made a point of leaving the orange pants out.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:24 PM
I love that orange pants look
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:25 PM

Where does this come from? I just checked JWJ's twitter and don't see him addressing it.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:30 PM

Where does this come from? I just checked JWJ's twitter and don't see him addressing it.

I didn’t hear it but he supposedly alluded to it today on Cleveland Browns Daily.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:49 PM
I just listened to CBD’s podcast for today (4/15 ) and at around the 13 minute mark JW is on. He addresses the orange pants about a minute later.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 10:52 PM
Is there any hope that Haslam's daughter divorces JW and we can get some decent uniforms?

angel
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:00 PM

You are not alone.

In fact I really hated orange shirts.

Orange is good as an accent in strips and helmet. But orange pants or orange shirts just doesn't make it for me.

Yes, that is it. It's not that I mind orange so much, it is that I do not like a *lot* of orange. And the pants on linemen would be a lot of orange.
Posted By: kwhip Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:22 PM
Orange belongs on the Helmet and Stripes.

And Trees in Florida.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:25 PM
I think the problem w/both of our colors [brown and orange] is that they don't pair well w/other colors. Orange goes well w/white, but almost nothing else. Brown is a tough color to pair w/anything. That is why shades were made such as beige, tan, etc.

Here is a new thought...........Portland is an excellent artist and he loves our colors. This surprises me because as an artist, one would think he would understand the color palette?
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

I didn’t hear it but he supposedly alluded to it today on Cleveland Browns Daily.

I just listened to Zegura and Bishop interviewing JWJ and at the 24:00 (+/-) mark, Zegura asks about the orange pants. I thought JWJ pretty much blew it off, feigning ignorance of the popularity of the orange pants, and with some vague remarks about "looking in to it and consulting with Nike" about them. He sounds like a knob.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/cleveland-browns-daily-4-15-2020
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
They needed a brown jersey and orange pants uni.

The brown on brown SUCKS!

The rest are MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 04/15/20 11:52 PM
I love that orange pants look

I love the Orange pants with both the white tops and the brown tops
The orange pants and brown jerseys always makes me think of Thom Darden for some reason.

I really dislike the brown pants with any top
I hate the orange jerseys with any pants
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 01:07 AM
The solid brown, no stripes. thumbsup
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 01:24 AM
Glad we went retro.
Glad we brought back the striped socks.. Josh Cribbs days made me fall in love with them, especially when he cut them up and used them as arm sleeves too.

I'm also hoping the Orange pants are what are being referred to as keeping this 'in the closet, and not tell anyone about that' as this video from a year ago refers to. I need the orange pants!

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 01:36 AM
I agree ... if we’d go orange pants every game I’d be happy.

Brown jersey/Orange pants
White jersey/Orange pants
Posted By: FrankPitts Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 01:46 AM
Biggest improvement is going back to brown numbers on white top. Love the new old unis like I love my own heritage. My favorite would be white on white. My second favorite would be white on white.

Go Browns!
Posted By: Xanthros Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 09:18 AM
And that is why people make fun of this fan base. White on white? You do realize those aren’t even colors. And because of y’all whining like spoiled babies we now have to look at the same old trivial garbage that they’ve been wearing for like 80 years. How forward thinking you guys are. I hope Stephanski is on the Mangini vibe and trots out the brown pants white tops every game. Our owner is the perfect match for our stale fan base. Now we stand firm as a retread of a once great franchise but unfortunately it’s still only fools gold.
Posted By: Spawn1 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 10:05 AM
I like the brown jersey/orange pants, and the white jersey/brown pants. Also, I like the stripes
Posted By: bonefish Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 01:27 PM

I don't know how to actually copy this guys reaction but damn it made me laugh.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/soc...to-new-uniforms

The guy who posted his reaction just cracked me up.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 03:23 PM
I think the problem w/both of our colors [brown and orange] is that they don't pair well w/other colors. Orange goes well w/white, but almost nothing else. Brown is a tough color to pair w/anything. That is why shades were made such as beige, tan, etc.

Here is a new thought...........Portland is an excellent artist and he loves our colors. This surprises me because as an artist, one would think he would understand the color palette?

People now wear brown shoes and belts with blue, black and gray suits. I don't understand it and can't explain it, but somehow they now consider that to be matching outfits.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 04:01 PM
Sunday needs to be "Wear A Sports Jersey Day". Tell everybody that you know.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 04:07 PM
Brown shoes or belt with a black suit? Haha, hell naw. Some people then need advise.

Everything else, sure.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 04:48 PM
Posted By: PETE314 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 04:56 PM
I am very happy with the new uniforms.

I like how simple the Color rush Uniformas are(Brown on Brown). They kind of keep a moderness to them by not having the stripes.(even if that sounds counterintuitive). They just seem sleek. No stripe on the pants for Color Rush works for me.

I never minded the Carbon fiber pattern in the helmet...But it definitely would not work here. The Brown Facemasks will work better than white or grey with the visors the players like to use. White or grey would be interesting to see...but I think the Brown will work well.

I have never been a pusher for the orange pants. I don't hate them...in this case...IF they were to bring them back, I think they would look better with the white top than the brown. The rendering with orange pants and Brown tops did not grab me. When I think of Orange Pants Brown Top...I picture Cody Risien...and that rendering did not take me back there. There was just something that I couldn't put my finger on that seemed off.

I LOVE the ditching of the orange numbers on the regular jersey's. I LOVE the return of the 5 stripes on the shoulders. I LOVE the increased size of the numbers on the back(probably my favorite thing on these uniforms). The collars are cool and while I did like "Cleveland" on the front...I think it would be too busy and not work here. The number font is both retro and modern...they have a retro feel with modern roundness in areas that is subtle.

I actually like all of the combinations for the regular uniforms. And yes, that includes the Brown pants and white tops. But if I were to put them in order I would say the ranking is as such:
-Brown Top / White Pants
-White Top / White Pants
-White Top / Brown Pants

When speaking to the regular Uniform, I just like the Orange and Brown Stripes on the leg better than I like the brown and orange stripes on the Brown pants...and yes there are Brown stripes, they just get lost with the brown pants...While it doesn't look bad and white wouldn't work...I just like the white pants more.

Love the return of the striped socks and the pictures also alluded to White or orange cleats which I really like as well. (Geez, I remember our guys getting in trouble with the league for spray painting their cleats orange...lol)

All in all..I am happy. I see exactly what they talked about. A return to the classics but still having some modern touches. The fact that those modern touches are very subtle works well for me...
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/16/20 11:35 PM

People now wear brown shoes and belts with blue, black and gray suits. I don't understand it and can't explain it, but somehow they now consider that to be matching outfits.

In response to Vers. I do know about color. I took an entire semester’s class in nothing but breaking down color. The class was called ‘Color Concept’. It was brutal. It was exacting. By far the hardest ‘art’ class I ever took. It stripped all the joy from art. LOL. My instructor was an exacting tight arse. Seeming to draw, no pun intended, pleasure from pointing out the slightest imperfection. The class was focused fully on hue, tint, shade, tone, brightness, saturation, and chroma. Subject was the last concern. I litterally made paintings of still life’s of stuff in my dorm room. My scissors, a pencil, a book, and a ruler. So many stupid paintings. You have no idea. Here was an assignment. Mix a color. It can’t be an ‘out of the tube’ color. You have to mix one. Now mix a gray that is the exact value as the color you mixed. Meaning if you took your color and your gray and did a basic still life painting using only those two colors, and put that painting on a B&W copy machine it’d just print it as a flat gray. You’d not see the painting. Not easy my friend. Not easy.

Anyway.... orange pairs really well with brown. So we as Browns fans have nothing to worry about. Orange pairs well with black. See the Bengals, and the Halloween holiday. Being that orange is a secondary color and opposite of blue, a primary color, on the color wheel they pair nicely. This is common. Purple, also a secondary color, pairs nicely with yellow, a primary color. Too opposite each other on the color wheel. See the Vikings. And we all know red, primary, and green, secondary, opposite the wheel, pair wonderfully and bring us much joy every December.
With that the Broncos, as much as I loathe them as a team, have a classic pairing.

As to those not fans of brown or orange ‘matching’ blue... you’re probably typing that while wearing your denim jeans, blue, and a browns shirt or jersey right now.
I’ll agree in a suit it’s a little... off. But that’s a different world of classic styles holding fort.

So. Knock it off all of you! We’re the Browns! Our colors are orange and brown. Suck it up buttercups!!! smile
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/17/20 12:16 AM
Quote:
My instructor was an exacting tight arse.

Really? I didn't realize it was wrong to disagree about colors.

Later, Port!
Posted By: BpG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/17/20 03:00 AM
I like the fact that we did away with that abortion from a few years ago. Not a lot of creativity but that's how we got those awful ones.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: New uniform reveal - 04/17/20 10:26 PM
Should have never messed with a good thing, glad to see they came to their senses.

Now just get back to the white on white at home like good old days....'86 through '88.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/17/20 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
I like the fact that we did away with that abortion from a few years ago. Not a lot of creativity but that's how we got those awful ones.

It took me 5 years to start liking the unis and they change em.

Anyone need any old jerseys with tags??... willynilly
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/18/20 12:30 AM
I actually liked the last jerseys we had, but I think it was time to move on. And I respect going back to the retro look. Just hoping we get orange pants at some point.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/18/20 03:28 AM
Echo sentiments, take it back to the classic. I apologize if you wanted more, keep those orange pants in our back pocket, we don’t deserve them yet.

That’s Sipe stature
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/18/20 11:23 AM
Agreed.

Real disconnect between wearing these duds and winning in them.

Wearing those "big shoes to fill" doesn't necessarily mean you manage to fill 'em, y'know.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New uniform reveal - 04/18/20 04:08 PM
I'll like orange pants. I like orange Jerseys.

I only like white on white as a solid color combination. We have worn that for years.

No Brown on Brown or Orange on Orange, especially Brown on Brown. That just doesn't look good IMO. Neither does Orange on Orange.

White on white works, it's stock tradition. After that you have to mix it up in some combination.

I guess brown pants is what I would throw out the fastest.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New uniform reveal - 04/18/20 06:08 PM
I will never understand the obsession with having a new uniform every year.

It's a uniform... it looks as good, or as bad, as your results.

Even those freaking eyesores the Seahawks had that made you want to check the color adjustments of your TV looked pretty decent when they were crushing people. Heck, that field in Boise was fun to look at the one year their football team was good.

This is football, not a fashion show in Milan. Just put on your colors and make them look good with how you play the game.

Absolutely nothing is won in the runway.

Thank you!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/18/20 10:23 PM
Maybe if the competition committee could bring themselves to somehow award style points for wardrobe and deportment, this would practically matter to me. Win some in them and they will look good. Now it is just dress up to go to market.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New uniform reveal - 04/19/20 12:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Maybe if the competition committee could bring themselves to somehow award style points for wardrobe and deportment, this would practically matter to me. Win some in them and they will look good. Now it is just dress up to go to market.

I'm pretty sure that if the Browns were dressed in ole Potato sacks with hand drawn numbers on them and won a SB, fans would be just fine with it. I would
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 12:25 AM

I like all the powder blue combos, though the yellow pants are a little out there, but what the hell are they thinking with the navy AND royal blue too? Why THREE blues?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 01:10 AM
Wait.. looking at the navy uni... isn't the helmet a different color? Thought nfl teams could only have 1 helmet option.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 01:29 AM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Wait.. looking at the navy uni... isn't the helmet a different color? Thought nfl teams could only have 1 helmet option.
I think they said it’s just the decals not the helmet
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 01:29 AM

I like all the powder blue combos, though the yellow pants are a little out there, but what the hell are they thinking with the navy AND royal blue too? Why THREE blues?
I’m a big fan of these uniforms ... all of them
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 01:34 AM
Some of those are sweet. I really like the first one.
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 11:53 AM
Some of those are sweet. I really like the first one.

Agreed, I think they nailed it.
Though I would just eliminate the royal blue ones - while nice, they just don't seem to belong
Posted By: oobernoober Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 02:19 PM
I think the white-on-white looks like Dolphins, not Chargers.

Just a thought.

Regarding the Navy uniforms, I think it looks slick, but Navy isn't the Chargers' color? Kinda seems weird to me to just kinda pick a random color. Also, the helmet cage is a different color than the rest.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 10:30 PM

The royal blue is their throwback uniform from the 80s.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 11:21 PM
Those whites are nice. I’ve always liked San Diego’s colours. Yeah, San Diego.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniform reveal - 04/22/20 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

The royal blue is their throwback uniform from the 80s.

I remember they had three shades of blue, I just don’t agree using all three for this set.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 12:01 AM
Why not? I think all of those unis are pretty sharp. The gold is a little bright, though.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 12:04 AM
Why not? I think all of those unis are pretty sharp. The gold is a little bright, though.

The best uniform in the league.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 01:28 AM

The best uniform in the league....

...are ours. Because I’m a Browns fan.

This should be the only answer. Ever.
Go Browns!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 02:27 AM
I think LA has the best color scheme and the uniforms show it.

Admittedly, brown and orange aren’t the easiest to make “good”
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 02:43 AM
I think the silver and black go together well.

The Saints colors go well together.

Not crazy about them, but Miami's colors go together well.

The Cowboys blue and silver coordinate.

Seattle's dirty white unis are even uglier than ours.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 03:07 AM
Seattle unis are the worst I have ever seen. I refuse to watch them when they wear that neon green.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 03:21 AM
Yeah, that one sucks too. The blue ones aren't too bad.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 09:40 AM
I’ve always liked the Broncos old blue/orange combo ... hate to admit it
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 04/23/20 06:01 PM
I despise anything Broncos, especially the uniforms!

I was there for the "drive" by horse face John Elway!

I was there for the "fumble!"

I was there for the 1990 AFC Championship fiasco!

#IHATEDENVEREVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, a little venting there.

Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/26/20 09:58 PM
Any soccer news, Eve? Plans for this year are probably a mystery tour for almost all sports, I suspect.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/26/20 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Any soccer news, Eve? Plans for this year are probably a mystery tour for almost all sports, I suspect.

Not really, everything is postponed until who knows when.

Our main striker tore his acl in the first mls game. So I guess if Josef can't play then nobody can play. tongue

I did manage to attend the home opener and we won. So I'm hanging on to that memory.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: New uniform reveal - 04/27/20 02:05 PM

I’m a big fan of these uniforms ... all of them
I really like the Chargers new getups.

Ours, I don't dislike them. I was just hoping for something new tbh. I bought one (Chubb), and mainly because the proceeds went to frontline heroes. They are 'meh' for me.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 04/27/20 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I bought one (Chubb)

Was it in pill form?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: New uniform reveal - 04/27/20 06:20 PM
I bought one (Chubb)

Was it in pill form?

I see what you did there.. nanner
Posted By: willitevachange Re: New uniform reveal - 04/28/20 02:44 PM
I bought one (Chubb)

Was it in pill form?
Wouldn't you like to know, Doc? rofl
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 04/30/20 09:12 AM
Hope you get games in. Squat and watch for everybody right now.

Hope it is good for you and the fans and that it is safe.
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: New uniform reveal - 05/14/20 03:32 PM
Anyone else see the new Rams uniforms? Talk about a trainwreck! Might be the worst professional uniforms I've ever seen.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 05/14/20 03:36 PM
Anyone else see the new Rams uniforms? Talk about a trainwreck! Might be the worst professional uniforms I've ever seen.

I like their helmet. Other than that .... flush them. They hurt my eyes just looking at them.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New uniform reveal - 05/14/20 03:40 PM
Talk about a trainwreck! Might be the worst professional uniforms I've ever seen.

You see the Browns uniforms from 2015-2019? tongue

I don't hate the Rams blue on blue.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 05/14/20 04:28 PM

I like their helmet. Other than that .... flush them. They hurt my eyes just looking at them.
my thought as well .. the uniforms are really bad
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 05/14/20 05:00 PM
I think the Rams new uniforms are pretty cool.

I also liked our uniforms from 2015-2019, but it took me until 2019 to like them, then they change em....:)~~~~~~~~~

I really like their "bone x bone"

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 03/08/21 12:30 AM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 03/08/21 12:31 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New uniform reveal - 03/08/21 12:38 AM

Bleh
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 03/08/21 10:40 AM
i like these
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New uniform reveal - 03/08/21 02:09 PM
I suppose I don't care. I'd rather make a statement on the field over the fashion runway.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New uniform reveal - 03/08/21 02:20 PM

Bleh

At first I thought the 1st 2 were Bears jerseys smile
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 03/08/21 06:41 PM
j/c

“We live in a marketing world,” Jimmy Haslam
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: New uniform reveal - 03/09/21 02:17 PM
j/c

“We live in a marketing world,” Jimmy Haslam

Srew that Jimmy you all just change the Uniforms, seems like, 2 years ago, what the heck are you messing with them now?

Nothing Markets like winning.
(re-allocate the job assignment, of whomever it is, that's wasting time designing uniforms, on an NFL team, whose major focus should be, Winning on the flippin football field!)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New uniform reveal - 03/09/21 02:52 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Bleh

At first I thought the 1st 2 were Bears jerseys smile
same here ... the number font looks identical
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: New uniform reveal - 03/09/21 03:02 PM

Only way I get remotely excited over these is if we rock the white helmet with them.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: New uniform reveal - 03/09/21 06:38 PM

Only way I get remotely excited over these is if we rock the white helmet with them.

DON'T MESS WITH HELMETS!!!!!!! tsktsk superconfused
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New uniform reveal - 03/09/21 06:44 PM

We'll know within a few weeks. The "one shell" rule is up for a vote.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New uniform reveal - 03/09/21 08:42 PM
On the throwbacks, the white would be fine...after all, that is what we wore.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/09/21 09:48 PM
I like those with white pants.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 07:59 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 08:24 PM
Yuck.

(imo)
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 08:54 PM
Are we the Bengals? What’s with the black? Yuck!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 08:58 PM
Is it supposed to be the same as color rush jerseys?
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 10:35 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Are we the Bengals? What’s with the black? Yuck!

I thought they were grey
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 11:06 PM
They look gray to me.
Posted By: Dave Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 11:11 PM
I thought they looked matte brown with orange stripes.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/16/21 11:11 PM
Can we please not have whatever that is?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 12:00 AM
No No No !!!!!!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 01:58 AM
Grey makes no sense either. Grey is a shade value within black. We don’t have black in our uniforms. Black/grey should never be a part of the Browns uniform.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 02:39 AM
I’ve seen these same helmets available with Baker’s autograph. I think they are just a promotional item.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 02:44 AM
Uh...Oklahoma State?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 09:57 AM
I like them well enough.

Many of our current polo selections are in grey, and I buy those. Let's be honest here, brown shirts don't work with anything.

Gameday jerseys is one thing. As a color combination you would actually wear in other settings it doesn't work.

Who here wears a brown shirt? Heck, can you even buy a brown shirt? What about orange? Who here wears orange clothes? Maybe as a safety vest or if you are a prisoner you do.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 12:42 PM

LOL!

We're all arguing about what shade it is and Eve just cuts straight to the heart of the matter.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 01:31 PM
I have non Browns related brown and orange clothing in my wardrobe. I have to dress business casual for work. As a hospice nurse I try to avoid wearing black for its historical connotations of morbidity and funeral wear. I hate khakis/dockers, so I wear corduroys often. I wear brown cords regularly. I have few flannel shirts that have orange in them.
Just because you hate the team colors doesn’t mean everyone does. Black and grey have nothing to do with the Cleveland Browns... and they never should.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 04:00 PM
I think the photo is more of a flat dark coffee brown color that doesn't show up in the image. Camera, lighting and your monitors color saturation all have an effect on true color representation.

https://www.nflshop.com/cleveland_browns...BCABEgIVI_D_BwE
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 04:02 PM
It's just ugly.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 05:00 PM
Maybe Haslam is giving up on the NFL, and prepping the uniforms for a future arena league? wink
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 05:19 PM
I believe you are correct.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 06:34 PM

Agreed.

I'm assuming and hoping that we won't actually wear these on game day.

If we do, maybe at least an AFC championship will help to deal with it.
Posted By: Jester Re: New uniform reveal - 03/17/21 07:26 PM
What you say makes the most sense but that picture you posted now looks black to me.
I am sure you are right, that it's actually a dark brown.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: New uniform reveal - 03/18/21 12:26 AM
What you say makes the most sense but that picture you posted now looks black to me.
I am sure you are right, that it's actually a dark brown.

I like it,just saying
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: New uniform reveal - 03/18/21 12:29 AM
The Browns Helmets are the most unique in the NFL PLEASE STOP AND PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New uniform reveal - 03/18/21 01:02 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
The Browns Helmets are the most unique in the NFL PLEASE STOP AND PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!

Aren’t all the helmets unique?
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New uniform reveal - 03/18/21 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Aren’t all the helmets unique?

No, there are 53 of each of them on every sideline on Sundays smile
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/18/21 09:44 PM
Sucks a bunch.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New uniform reveal - 03/19/21 03:04 AM
Sure do.
Those are terrible.
© DawgTalkers.net