DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 03:45 PM
https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/19/cleveland...impression=true
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 03:48 PM

Cleveland Browns lineman Greg Robinson -- the #2 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft -- is in custody after officials say he was found with A LOT of marijuana at a border patrol checkpoint.

We're told Robinson was stopped on Monday at the Sierra Blanca border checkpoint near the U.S., Mexico border. We're still working on the details surrounding the arrest.

Jail records show Robinson is still in custody and we're told he's facing a federal charge of possession with intent to distribute.

27-year-old Robinson was an absolute stud back in his college days -- making 1st Team All-SEC during his 2013 season at Auburn.

The NFL scouts drooled over Robinson -- he's 6'5", 332 pounds -- and when the Rams took him with the #2 pick in 2014, they signed him to a fully guaranteed 4-year $21 million contract.

The bad news for the Rams ... he didn't live up to the hype so they traded him to the Detroit Lions for a 6th round pick in 2017. The Browns signed Robinson in 2018 and re-signed him in 2019.

Robinson has reportedly made more than $29 million in contract money during his NFL career.

We reached out to Robinson's rep and the Cleveland Browns -- so far, no comment from either.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 03:49 PM
definite A LOT haha
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 03:52 PM
Robinson is a UFA. I would take it, he will not be resigned.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 03:58 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:00 PM
what a freaking moron.
Posted By: FATE Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:18 PM
"Hmmm... 5 million a year to play football or smuggle marijuana across the Mexican border. What should I do, what should I do..."

Obviously wants no part of the hard work required to be an NFL player. Another Brown's career - up in smoke!
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:30 PM
I wonder if (SOMEBODY) on this board thinks Depo planted the drugs on him just so he could cut him without looking guilty. willynilly willynilly willynilly
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:31 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I wonder if (SOMEBODY) on this board thinks Depo planted the drugs on him just so he could cut him without looking guilty. willynilly willynilly willynilly

He's not signed for next season anyway. He'll be a free agent when free agency opens.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:34 PM
It's still Depo's fault damn it.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
"Hmmm... 5 million a year to play football or smuggle marijuana across the Mexican border. What should I do, what should I do..."

Heck, it's legal in how many states? Shoot, just drive to Illinois, Nevada, Colorado or California. Why attempt to cross the....forget it. Idiot.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:39 PM
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
definite A LOT haha

I think if "A LOT" is capitalized, it's a felony.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 04:51 PM
It will be Depo's fault because the numbers told him not to resign someone who will not be allowed to play in the NFL next year anyway. SHAME ON DEPO !!!
Posted By: Dave Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

He's not signed for next season anyway. He'll be a free agent when free agency opens.

I think he just signed a long-term contract with the FPL (Federal Penal League) if he was really popped for "intent to distribute". That usually means he was in possession of A LOT of weed.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:21 PM
Oregon had a million pound surplus last year. Transporting it across state lines is still federally illegal but way safer than trying to cross international borders. The retail market here is so flooded with flower that it’s become insanely cheap. I’ve see ounces advertised for $50 at some places. (I use to pay $350 twenty years ago in Ohio.) I don’t know what kind of deal he got in Mexico but it couldn’t have been worth the added risk.
Posted By: FATE Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

I think he just signed a long-term contract with the FPL (Federal Penal League) if he was really popped for "intent to distribute". That usually means he was in possession of A LOT of weed.

I doubt he does any time... In '96, Bam Morris was busted with 220lbs. He said it was for personal use. He ended up being sentenced to 420 hours of community service and six years' probation.
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:27 PM
definite A LOT haha

Nobody breaks a sweat until you get into the kilogram range. And "a lot" around these parts would be maybe four or five kilos. Unless you're talking "a lot" like the tractor trailer load a buddy of mine caught a while back. That was "an awful lot" of weed. It's all about risk versus reward.

He would have been better off investing in an indoor grow in the States.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
W
definite A LOT haha

If I would have studied law, I would have known this.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:44 PM
This is what you get for buying foreign weed. With the abundance and quality of domestic weed, he deserves every bit of this. wink
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:47 PM
He figured his NFL career was over, so he decided to launch a new career...as skillfully as his first.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 05:59 PM
Even 2018 Robinson could have gotten away with it.
Posted By: eotab Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Cleveland Browns lineman Greg Robinson -- the #2 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft -- is in custody after officials say he was found with A LOT of marijuana at a border patrol checkpoint.

We're told Robinson was stopped on Monday at the Sierra Blanca border checkpoint near the U.S., Mexico border. We're still working on the details surrounding the arrest.

Jail records show Robinson is still in custody and we're told he's facing a federal charge of possession with intent to distribute.

27-year-old Robinson was an absolute stud back in his college days -- making 1st Team All-SEC during his 2013 season at Auburn.

The NFL scouts drooled over Robinson -- he's 6'5", 332 pounds -- and when the Rams took him with the #2 pick in 2014, they signed him to a fully guaranteed 4-year $21 million contract.

The bad news for the Rams ... he didn't live up to the hype so they traded him to the Detroit Lions for a 6th round pick in 2017. The Browns signed Robinson in 2018 and re-signed him in 2019.

Robinson has reportedly made more than $29 million in contract money during his NFL career.

We reached out to Robinson's rep and the Cleveland Browns -- so far, no comment from either.

I had just read this article and it stated the Browns already advised Robinson that they will not be bringing him back.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 06:12 PM
W
definite A LOT haha

I guess you could say he got arrested for ... Holding.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/19/20 06:17 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
W
definite A LOT haha

I guess you could say he got arrested for ... Holding.
rofl
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 01:46 AM
NFL lineman Greg Robinson was busted w/ 156.9 pounds of weed at a border patrol checkpoint, according to law enforcement. He faces up to 20 years in prison, if convicted. Robinson was w/ Auburn teammate Quan Bray, who was also arrested.

https://twitter.com/mikejbabcock/status/1230295033204494338
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 01:57 AM
Goodness! I don't consider myself some nerd..............but dude?!?!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 01:58 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 02:00 AM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 02:06 AM
I know that the Analytics guys said they had no intention of bringing G.Rob back and that many posters are happy about that, but I am not sure that's great news for the Browns.

Drafting a LT is tricky business. Many high LT choices have struggled. Wonder what the backup plan is w/out Robinson?

Not sure how many of you have ever coached or been in business. I have done both. It's my experience that cutting assets [even if you think they are not a strength] before you have a replacement is an ignorant and dangerous approach.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 02:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Many high LT choices have struggled.

I had to laugh at this part of your post.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 02:31 AM
LOL. Unfortunately, it wasn't even intentional. blush
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 02:32 AM
It was still funny.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 02:35 AM
Yep. Good catch. I must be getting dumber as I get older. I didn't even realize it.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 03:26 AM
157 pounds?

157 pounds??

157 pounds???

Good Lord.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 03:49 AM
157 pounds?

157 pounds??

157 pounds???

Good Lord.
Personal use.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 03:56 AM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
157 pounds?

157 pounds??

157 pounds???

Good Lord.
Personal use.

He must bake a lot of brownies.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 04:12 AM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
157 pounds?

157 pounds??

157 pounds???

Good Lord.
Personal use.

i was thinking ..... 157# has to be like an Ice Cube McNeil. lol
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 06:06 AM
157 pounds???

The guy has millions. MILLIONS!

Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 10:00 AM
Volume wise 157lbs of weed is about as big as Robinson lol...

Lesson here fellas is that "applied analytics" isn't for amateurs. Clearly he didn't factor in enough data points in his risk vs. reward analysis.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 11:26 AM
He needs the weed for his Anal Glaucoma as he just can't see his ass playing football any more.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 11:42 AM
157 pounds? Did he get forced into one of those "Locked Up Abroad" type schemes or is he that stupid?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 11:50 AM
He is a millionaire who got busted trying to smuggle 157 pounds of week over the border. This one is for Robinson

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 01:47 PM
That’s a lot of marijuana lol
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 03:26 PM
Mexico had a BOGO going on.
Posted By: Dave Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 03:44 PM
I read that Robinson and his friend were driving from Los Angeles to Louisiana. Apparently they never went to Mexico. It was dumb of them to drive through southwest Texas and not jog north, with all the border patrol activity at the southern border.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 03:52 PM
Well, whatever happened happened. GR is not a Brown anymore so it's not our problem. We have had enough distractions and don't need anymore. GR is an example of wasted talent. I hope he straightens himself out and smartens up. Regardless, I wish him well.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 05:11 PM
I read that Robinson and his friend were driving from Los Angeles to Louisiana. Apparently they never went to Mexico. It was dumb of them to drive through southwest Texas and not jog north, with all the border patrol activity at the southern border.

Why not just get a private plane at that point? So many small dumb decisions wrapped up in one huge dumb decision.

Side note:

LA to El Paso - 745 miles
El Paso to Houston - 803 miles

Texas is big.
Posted By: FATE Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 05:48 PM

Yep. Should be on the next episode of "Dumb Criminals". I "googled"... The northern route is the same time estimate and actually three miles shorter. But no, lets pick the one that hugs the Mexican border lol.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 07:19 PM
Maybe he was building an eco-friendly home and needed more insulation material?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/20/20 08:42 PM

Life choices mmmm?

Amazing when you think about it.

How in the world would you plan this and think "boy I gotta do this"?
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/21/20 08:19 PM

That's truly special. It's easier to just order it delivered and let someone else assume the risk. Providing you don't buy it from a cop or a snitch it goes fairly easy. Of course finding a dealer likely to even speak to you who could handle 70 or so kilos would be a bit of a negotiation in itself.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 12:53 AM
At least he is a big some beach, and if you go to prison or face that prospect, hire the best attorney you can and try to get it thrown in to the Federal system. Federal prisons are generally well run and safe.

State prisons can be pretty brutal.

I don't like criminals any more than anyone else, but if you are placed in to prison, your rights are next to nothing, but being safe in person is one of them. It's the states obligation to feed them, keep them safe, and provide some level of mental and physical stimulation. Most are going to get out at some point. You don't want to release them worse than when they went in to the system.

Actually, there needs to be a few tiers of prisons. The Federal system does. States not as much. Non- violent convicts shouldn't be placed in along with violent criminals.

Some people are just bad ass. Some just make stupid mistakes.

Makes sense to me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 10:16 AM
That’s crazy ... Texas is as big as 3 states lol
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 01:18 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 01:24 PM
Browns’ Greg Robinson arrest for possession of 157 POUNDS of marijuana, explained
Here’s how this all occurred.

https://www.sbnation.com/2020/2/20/21145402/greg-robinson-marijuana-arrest-157-pounds-browns-nfl
Cleveland Browns offensive tackle Greg Robinson was arrested this week for allegedly transporting drugs after law enforcement at the Sierra Blanca checkpoint outside of El Paso, Texas, found an astonishing 157 pounds of marijuana packed in duffel bags in a car he was traveling in.

Robinson, fellow professional football player Quan Bray, and a third individual identified as an Uber driver were all detained by police. Robinson and Bray were charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana, and possession with intent to distribute marijuana, and could face up to 20 years in prison if found guilty.

Despite being arrested at a border patrol checkpoint, there’s a lot of misinformation surrounding Robinson’s arrest. The criminal complaint released by the U.S. Department of Justice outlines that Robinson and Bray hired an Uber driver they had known since 2018 to take them from Los Angeles to Louisiana in a trip that began on Sunday. Though they weren’t trying to cross the border, Robinson allegedly instructed Bray to take over as the driver as they approached the checkpoint on Interstate 10, and told the third individual to claim the marijuana as their own should they be stopped by officers. The Uber driver, whose name has not been released to the public, refused, according to the complaint, saying he wouldn’t have driven the pair had he known there were drugs in the car.

It’s unclear at this time why Robinson and Bray decided to drive through the Sierra Blanca checkpoint at all. Traveling from Los Angeles to Louisiana didn’t necessitate taking Interstate 10, which goes through the checkpoint. Even if they had a specific reason for going through El Paso, they could have taken US-62 as an alternate route, avoiding the checkpoint all together.

As the trio approached the checkpoint, a U.S. Customs and Border Patrol canine officer alerted law enforcement that something was in the vehicle, and a subsequent search uncovered 157 pounds of marijuana packed in duffel bags in the rear cargo area. Unsurprisingly, Robinson and Bray were arrested, as 157 pounds of marijuana is a ridiculous amount, carrying an estimated street value of over $500,000.

The amount of marijuana is what’s most astonishing here. Charges vary from state to state, but on a federal level marijuana moves from possession to trafficking or “intent to sell” when an individual is in possession of more than 10 kilograms (22.2 pounds). This means that Robinson and Bray were carrying roughly seven times over the amount required to escalate charges.

While the whole scenario of hiring an Uber to take massive amounts of weed across the country might seem ludicrous and silly — and, yes, a lot of this is — Robinson faces extremely serious charges for drug trafficking. His NFL career is certainly over as a result, and the 27-year-old could end up spending a significant portion of his adult life in prison.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 02:00 PM
Quote:
The Uber driver, whose name has not been released to the public, refused, according to the complaint, saying he wouldn’t have driven the pair had he known there were drugs in the car.

So on top of them carrying 157 pounds of cannabis, the above quote leads me to believe it was crap weed. All that risk for crap weed?
If I put a few grams of my herb into a sealed glass jar and drive to a buddy’s house across town my car stinks. This driver had 157 pounds in his ride and was oblivious?
Posted By: FATE Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Quote:
The Uber driver, whose name has not been released to the public, refused, according to the complaint, saying he wouldn’t have driven the pair had he known there were drugs in the car.

So on top of them carrying 157 pounds of cannabis, the above quote leads me to believe it was crap weed. All that risk for crap weed?
If I put a few grams of my herb into a sealed glass jar and drive to a buddy’s house across town my car stinks. This driver had 157 pounds in his ride and was oblivious?

Maybe it was the last of the old school Columbian brick weed from the 70's that smelled like dog piss. At least we can all rest assured that it's off the streets.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 02:32 PM
Hey, that stuff played a big role in my formative years. smile
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 02:40 PM
Tapping those seeds down on an album cover or a cafeteria tray....
While fun to reminisce, I don’t miss it.
Now it’s no seeds. Nothing but fat dank colas.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 03:13 PM
Quote:

The car was probably loaded down with Taco Bell food. Bean burritos was all he could smell.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 04:35 PM

The days of seeds popping while you puffed are long gone lol
Posted By: FATE Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 04:39 PM

Haha. Beat me too it lol. Especially the ones that exploded while you stood there like Wile E. Coyote!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 05:22 PM
Don’t miss that at all. The taste of a seed alone ruins a session.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 05:44 PM

Lol. We all had McDonalds trays under our car seats. We would crumble the buds and use the flap from the ZigZags to flip the herb so the seeds would roll out.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 06:17 PM

Lol. We all had McDonalds trays under our car seats. We would crumble the buds and use the flap from the ZigZags to flip the herb so the seeds would roll out.

Ahhhh... when the ‘good ol days’ really weren’t that good. LOL
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 07:34 PM
So sad frown
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/22/20 07:50 PM
I would think with them crossing state lines combined with being busted by federal law enforcement that it will be filed as federal charges.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/23/20 12:11 AM

Where’s the fun in that?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Greg Robinson Arrested - 02/24/20 03:31 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I would think with them crossing state lines combined with being busted by federal law enforcement that it will be filed as federal charges.

If no one involved has a serious prior history, or there weren't guns or anything like that along with it, and all it looks like is the equivalent of Beavis and Butthead, it probably isn't worth the time or money to handle it on the federal level.
© DawgTalkers.net