DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Ballpeen no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 12:21 AM
https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/11/ncaa-tournament-coronavirus-no-fans-march-madness

No fans allowed. I wonder that happens to the Masters, MLB, the NFL?

On a personal note, Governor DeWine and banned large gatherings in Ohio. I just paid for my Browns tickets a week ago.

I wonder if the state ban is in place but the NFL has no ban in place?

Can the NFL team say sorry, it wasn't our ban, you don't get credit for the seats? They would have legal standing.

Interesting times.
It’ll surely be a strange thing to watch. I’m wondering if it’ll escalate to cancel the events
There is talk in the NBA about postponing or suspending the season. The talk centers around a couple of months. But, what if the virus continues to escalate? Entire seasons could be lost.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 12:41 AM
This maddens me.

I was just at a mls game last weekend.

I am totally willing to take my chances and go this weekend.

Leave it up to the fans if they want to go or not.

If they lock it down I will be so pissed.

AU is my heart and soul. I want to be at every game.

The hysteria is getting out of control.
Quote:
AU is my heart and soul. I want to be at every game.

The hysteria is getting out of control.

Hmmmmmm?

Just pulling your leg, Eve.
UPDATED COVID-19 Statement from Cleveland Cavaliers and Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/statement-200311

“Although the exact scope, terms and timing of the order announced by Governor DeWine this afternoon are not immediately available, we are undergoing an extensive process of review with the NBA, G-League, AHL, NCAA and concert and event producers to plan for our next steps and impacts related to the order. Updates will be provided as we advance through this process and the continuing evolution of these very unique circumstances with our leagues and event partners.

The Cleveland Monsters AHL hockey game this Sunday afternoon, March 15th, will now be played with no fans in attendance. Ticket holders for that game will be contacted directly by the Monsters regarding their account options which will include a refund in the form of a credit towards future games or an immediate refund.

The NCAA first and second round tournament games slated for March 20th and 22nd will be played in a closed environment with only essential staff and limited team family members in attendance. Tickets will be refunded at the place of original purchase.

Specific Cavaliers ticket refund information will be announced as soon as possible following our receipt of the official terms and timing of the Governor’s order. The next home Cavaliers game is March 24th.”
Jesus!
The season? Or a bit of it?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-suspends-se...-013559701.html

And oddly enough, despite us being told this virus takes as long as 14 days to show symptoms, somehow the players are/were quarantined in the locker room and being tested for it?

Quote:
ESPN’s Royce Young reports that players at Wednesday’s game are all in quarantine and being tested for the coronavirus.
This seems to be escalating at an alarming rate
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 02:40 AM
Being too safe is way better than the opposite.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 02:43 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

This seems like the worst possible decision.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 03:22 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Open it to fans medically recovered from CV.

Yeah. Probably should cancel the whole thing, right?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 03:50 AM

Great plan. Except they don't know yet if you get the virus you are then immune to it.

Also, there is basically no testing going on.

I’ve read articles that have stated that people that tested positive for CV, were quarantined and cleared, later tested positive again. Many viruses are similar. The Norovirus is one such. You only gain a few days of antibodies before you’re susceptible again. This is another example of why it’s not ‘just’ influenza.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 04:06 AM
Well, I plan on going to MLS in the Stadium this weekend. If they let us in. I aint skeered. The planet is a bunch of sissies riled up by the media.
Well, I plan on going to MLS in the Stadium this weekend. If they let us in. I aint skeered. The planet is a bunch of sissies riled up by the media.

Maybe, maybe not. I am sure the death rate is higher as a percentage in this case v the flu because most people get a flu shot each year. If that didn't happen, the numbers would probably be much closer.

None the less, we have a way to contain the flu. Here, we don't. This could end up like the Spanish Flu of 1918 where about 500 million people worldwide were infected, killing around 50 million people.

Those are numbers to take seriously. With the transportation available, which wasn't in 1918, it could become far worse.

Unbelievable
We will need to see if we get past the "flood phase" where medical resources and people get overwhelmed bu statistical numbers for care. We can't have a true profile yet without widespread tests. We can't be certain where we are except for the pandemic curve for contagion.

It seems some countries like Australia are pretty on this with reliable testing like an incident reported with Tom Hanks earlier today.

Hope all dawgs are well!
j/c

The OHSAA also postponed all winter sports tournaments. Girls basketball state was supposed to start today. The boys tournament is at the regional level. Hockey, wrestling.....everything postponed. No idea for how long.
PIAA also suspended tournaments two weeks, at least
No Duke in NCAA if I heard right.

What if this would go to SB? Don't think I know of any changes or considerations for the NFL Draft.
completely cancelled now.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/12/20 08:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
No Duke in NCAA if I heard right.

What if this would go to SB? Don't think I know of any changes or considerations for the NFL Draft.

My guess is that if the curve doesn't flatten out by the time of the draft (which it should because of all the shutdowns) then they'll just have the draft off-site.
An official of the CAA tournament was just diagnosed
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I heard, but do not have proof, that Duke told the ACC they were not coming to the Conference Tournament and that is what led the Commish to cancel the tournament right before tip-off.

Good for schools like Duke and Kansas to not succumb to the NCAA's greed and exploitation and protect their student athletes.
j/c...

Pretty good read...

Yeah, it seems like Duke and Kansas (probably among other schools) kinda forced the NCAA’s hand in canceling a lot of tournaments (and, in result, the big one)
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/13/20 06:54 PM
Well at least people can use all the paper they were going to use as brackets for toilet paper now.
Well they had the Buckeyes going to the sweet 16 smile
That is just painful.

Cool, but painful.
Posted By: Hammer Re: no fans allowed at March Madness games.. - 03/13/20 11:01 PM
I had CoronaV winning it all.
Weak leadership across the board,

From the president of tUSA, and NCAA, you had every opportunity to get things right.

Don’t talk to me about logistics, you failed the seniors.
© DawgTalkers.net