DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: oobernoober Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/16/20 04:16 PM
Nice knowing you, Lamar! Let the curse continue!

https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jackson-revealed-as-madden-nfl-21-cover-athlete
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/16/20 04:20 PM
Mahomes was on 2020 cover of Madden and went out and won the Super Bowl.

Let's hope a Madden reverse curse hasn't taken hold!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/16/20 04:23 PM
Yes, but he should have lost.

Can't believe they came back and won that.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/17/20 01:39 AM
Hope he has all the success that Hillis enjoyed! Let it sink in, Lamar!

I do not want anything good for the Rats. Can we squeeze Harbaugh into the cover art? naughtydevil
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Mahomes was on 2020 cover of Madden and went out and won the Super Bowl.

Let's hope a Madden reverse curse hasn't taken hold!

Yeah I think Mahomes put that whole thing to bed. I think I said this before, but I really believe the whole thing is more of an indication of how things go in the nfl. Guys get hurt, good players, average players, great players.

And also, the whole NFL "Not For Long" thing i so true. Man you don't stay at the top of the mountain for very long. That's what makes Brady's run so incredible.

I bet if you did a 10 year run where you let EA pick their madden guy, and you picked your own cover guy. You'd both have an equal amount of cases where the player either got hurt, or had a bad season. It's the nature of the league.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/19/20 01:35 AM
If it was me, I would pick Mahomes every year. Dude is terrific.

I have to add this: I was not a fan of his in college. I thought he was inaccurate and wild. Terrible evaluation on my part.
The book is out on Lamar. Take away the run game and put his receivers in press coverage.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/19/20 02:00 AM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
The book is out on Lamar. Take away the run game and put his receivers in press coverage.

This is the same thing people said last year when the Chargers beat the Ravens. And then Jackson won the MVP.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/21/20 05:19 AM
Yup, Lamar cannot beat:

Blitz on every single play, stack 8 in the box, play man coverage, he will lose every single time at least from what I've seen. His MVP was a fluke. naughtydevil
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/21/20 11:12 AM

This is funny. The book was so popular the Ravens were about #1 in rushing yards. Take away the run game indeed.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Madden Cover Curse (Lamar Jackson) - 06/22/20 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

This is funny. The book was so popular the Ravens were about #1 in rushing yards. Take away the run game indeed.

You take his legs away by getting ahead like we did in the first meeting ...
© DawgTalkers.net