DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: superbowldogg Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 03:51 AM
What happens to Texas' cap and QB situation if this is real? There are now 2 allegations and up to 6 total.

Do you think this will keep him in TX?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3108...ations-baseless

Massage therapists sue Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson; he calls allegations 'baseless'
play
12:43 PM ET
Sarah Barshop
ESPN Staff Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
HOUSTON -- Two civil lawsuits have been filed against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson alleging inappropriate conduct during massages, on two separate occasions by two separate plaintiffs.

The first lawsuit, which was filed Tuesday night and appeared on the Harris County district clerk's website on Wednesday morning, alleges inappropriate conduct in a massage therapist's home in Houston in March 2020.

The incident the second lawsuit is based on, filed on Wednesday, occurred Aug. 28, 2020.

The lawsuits, which were filed by Houston lawyer Tony Buzbee, both allege that Watson "committed civil assault" when touching a massage therapist with his penis and that he "intentionally or knowingly caused physical contact with Plaintiff when Watson knew, or should have reasonably known, that Plaintiff would regard such contact as offensive."

The second lawsuit says, "Watson's behavior is part of a disturbing pattern of preying on vulnerable women."

Buzbee said on Instagram there are six total cases against Watson, although only two lawsuits have been filed so far.

Watson responded on Twitter after Buzbee announced the filing of the first lawsuit on Tuesday night, saying he rejected "a baseless six-figure settlement demand" and that this is "about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that." At the time of his statement, Watson said he had not seen the first lawsuit.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Lawyer says suit filed vs. Watson; QB responds
"I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect," Watson said in his statement.

The first lawsuit alleges Watson booked a massage on March 30, 2020, with a therapist who regularly works in her home. After leaving the room, the massage therapist alleges, she returned to find Watson lying on the massage table with just a small towel covering his groin area.

The lawsuit says the plaintiff "began to feel extremely uncomfortable" and "it became apparent that Watson wanted a massage for only one reason -- sex." It accuses Watson of exposing himself and subsequently touching the woman.

In that lawsuit, the massage therapist alleges that after she asked Watson to leave, the quarterback made a statement that she considered to be a threat. The lawsuit also says Watson later texted her to apologize.

The second lawsuit alleges Watson booked a massage with a masseuse over Instagram and flew her to Houston from Atlanta. When she arrived at the hotel where the massage was scheduled to take place, the suit said Watson was nude on a massage table and refused to cover himself with a towel despite several requests. It also said he inappropriately touched the woman.

Watson's Houston-based attorney, Rusty Hardin, told ESPN he first learned of the lawsuits involving the quarterback on Tuesday evening. Hardin said he spoke with Watson on Wednesday and agreed to represent him.

"I'm real comfortable with the kind of person that Deshaun Watson is, and I don't like to publicly comment until I get all the facts," Hardin said, adding that Watson "has a great reputation here in the Houston area, and the allegations are really inconsistent with the kind of person he is."

The Texans and the NFL on Wednesday said they are aware of the matter.

"We became aware of a civil lawsuit involving Deshaun Watson through a social media post last night," the Texans' statement said. "This is the first time we heard of the matter, and we hope to learn more soon. We take accusations of this nature that involve anyone within the Houston Texans organization seriously. We will await further information before making any additional statements on this incident."

The NFL has declined further comment at this time.

ESPN's John Barr contributed to this report.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 04:13 AM
Initial reaction: Blatant hit-piece by a widely regarded, to the local community, as a dirtbag, borderline incompetent attorney (see his history).

Reading the actual claim and it appears dubious.

Highly unlikely Deshaun Watson plays in Houston after this.

Anyone can file a civil lawsuit....as we have seen over the past 6 months.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 08:51 AM
You never know in these things. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 11:34 AM
Now another reason I prefer Bake over Watson!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 11:51 AM
...Did Robert Kraft send some friends to try to drive the Texans' asking price for Watson down?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 12:39 PM
It's a very detailed allegation. That's for sure. I think the biggest thing will be how corroborating all the social media correspondence and text messages are.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 01:04 PM
I did a quick Google search, and while there are some eyebrow-raisers, nothing really screams 'dirtbag attorney'.

Maybe some of the attorneys we've been seeing in the news lately have raised that bar a bit, but I'm just not seeing it.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 01:56 PM
my concern is that there are 4 other people who are/will be coming forward.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 06:03 PM
agreed on the volume of people, but the one thing that seems sketchy to me is that they are all submitted by the same attorney.

This said, if he did it, I hope he is penalized as much as possible. I'm sick and tired of men doing this and men getting away with it.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 06:26 PM
I don't know, a masseuse flying in from Atlanta to a motel room then accusing someone of inappropriate touching sounds like someone may have gotten the wrong idea or had the wrong expectations. I'd like to see how he first made the arrangement....maybe the Instagram ad or who referred her.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I did a quick Google search, and while there are some eyebrow-raisers, nothing really screams 'dirtbag attorney'.

Maybe some of the attorneys we've been seeing in the news lately have raised that bar a bit, but I'm just not seeing it.

Thing is, if people give him money to shut him up, it doesn't get to the papers/court. Asking for a six figure or more settlement before serving papers or filing a report makes me suspicious. Now, to me, it seems the attorney is going big in the (social) media in hopes of getting a settlement to make it all go away. More and more "lawyers" seem to focus their practice in the court of public opinion rather than courts of law.

There could be truth to it, but it feels more like a smear campaign as Watson and the Texans/Houston go through a messy divorce.

Almost makes me glad I'm not a multi-millionaire...almost.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
agreed on the volume of people, but the one thing that seems sketchy to me is that they are all submitted by the same attorney.

This said, if he did it, I hope he is penalized as much as possible. I'm sick and tired of men doing this and men getting away with it.

I think that there's a fine line between skepticism and defense of the accused. If he is guilty of the things they're alleging, then they can burn him alive for all I care.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/18/21 10:56 PM

blood in the water now...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 12:53 AM
crazy... and they say there's a couple more that could come to light as well...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 12:11 PM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
crazy... and they say there's a couple more that could come to light as well...

If that's his gig, there probably are.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 12:51 PM
That one lawyer said he was sitting on 6 in total.

I'm still where I was before, though. Figure out if he's guilty, and if he is then burn him to the ground.
Posted By: Dave Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 01:47 PM
This is strictly a civil case, right? Have any criminal charges been filed?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 01:50 PM
No, it looks like it's all civil, which I'm sure begets the question of why some of the accusers aren't looking to press charges if all this occurred. Not saying that I agree or disagree with that notion, just that I'm sure it's on a lot of minds.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 02:51 PM
The more I think about it, the possibility of "having to" fly a masseuse in from out of state is troubling. Did word get around about him in Houston? Or did he just want a personal masseuse after his big payday and she was recommended?

Something not good happened somewhere. It's hard to tell from which "side." Possibly both.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 03:28 PM
However this plays out will be determined but this really torpedo 's his chance of being traded. Who would want to deal with the negative publicity?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
However this plays out will be determined but this really torpedo 's his chance of being traded. Who would want to deal with the negative publicity?

If it stays a civil matter, that publicity could remain local to Houston.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 03:50 PM
I don't see that as a remote possibility. We are on a message board now that is for Cleveland Browns fans and it has its own post in Tailgate and has been mentioned several times in Pure Football.

Now, if he wins the case you may have a point. It's like Springstein getting charged with DUI. We all heard about it when he was charged. What most people didn't hear was that in court it was found that his breathalyzer results were a .02 and the DUI charge was dismissed.

People love a good scandal and the press makes sure you hear about it. No scandal? They seem to think it isn't worth reporting.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 03:59 PM
While the 'high-profile athlete taking advantage of women' angle will always get airtime, the 'scummy lawyer doing scummy lawyer things' is a similarly familiar angle. As things are now, I would bet teams that were real interested in Watson haven't changed their approach. If actual damning evidence comes out, then that obviously changes things.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 04:40 PM
I don't know. You may be right. The things I try to keep in mind is that the NFL isn't a sport. The game of football is, the league isn't. They are a multi billion dollar corporate conglomerate with 32 teams comprising that conglomerate.

Public perception guides a lot of their moves. We've seen it with the BLM movement as well as other social issues and perceptions. As it goes with most corporations, they look out for their own best interests and business. The Me Too movement is no different.

In this case do they not only have to consider the public perception, but they would also have to gamble that nothing will be found. As we've seen in the discussion on the matter it seems most agree this could go either way as of now.

From a risk verses reward standpoint, I believe teams will either back off in a wait and see approach, or the price such teams are willing to pay for him just decreased greatly. As with anything it's a numbers game. And the odds just decreased on what you would be willing to pay in order to proceed with such a gamble.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 04:56 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't know. You may be right. The things I try to keep in mind is that the NFL isn't a sport. The game of football is, the league isn't. They are a multi billion dollar corporate conglomerate with 32 teams comprising that conglomerate.

Public perception guides a lot of their moves. We've seen it with the BLM movement as well as other social issues and perceptions. As it goes with most corporations, they look out for their own best interests and business. The Me Too movement is no different.

In this case do they not only have to consider the public perception, but they would also have to gamble that nothing will be found. As we've seen in the discussion on the matter it seems most agree this could go either way as of now.

From a risk verses reward standpoint, I believe teams will either back off in a wait and see approach, or the price such teams are willing to pay for him just decreased greatly. As with anything it's a numbers game. And the odds just decreased on what you would be willing to pay in order to proceed with such a gamble.

I agree with you, although NOBODY (except him and the women involved) knows whether he is guilty or not guilty, and perception is everything for the NFL ...
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 04:58 PM
It is up to 7, with 2 more this same lawyer knows of.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3109...ringing-total-7
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

I agree with you, although NOBODY (except him and the women involved) knows whether he is guilty or not guilty, and perception is everything for the NFL ...

Yep, for the past 4-5 years, events have shown the truth does not matter. The way cancel culture is going only the seriousness of the charge seems to matter.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 05:42 PM
As long as we all recognize it's a two way street.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 08:01 PM
j/c...

22 Women!?! I don't even know what to think about this anymore.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 08:05 PM
j/c

Deshaun Watson lawsuits, explained: What to know about sexual assault allegations against Texans QB

A total of seven civil lawsuits have been filed against Deshaun Watson accusing the Texans quarterback of various incidents of sexual misconduct against massage therapists.

Houston attorney Tony Buzbee filed the first three lawsuits on March 16 and 17 related to separate incidents involving accusations from multiple massage therapists. Buzbee wrote in one of the lawsuits that Watson's behavior is part of a "disturbing pattern of preying on vulnerable women," per ESPN's Sarah Barshop.

Four more lawsuits were filed March 19. Buzbee has said there are nine lawsuits in total, all filed by separate women who accuse Watson of sexual misconduct ranging from inappropriate touching to, in one instance, a forced act of oral sex.

Here is what we know so far about those lawsuits and how Watson and the NFL have responded to the accusations.

What to know about lawsuits against Deshaun Watson
Lawsuits 1 and 2

The first two lawsuits were filed by Buzbee in Harris County, Texas. The first lawsuit stems from an incident that allegedly occurred at a massage therapist's home in March 2020, and the second lawsuit stems from an incident that allegedly took place at The Houstonian Hotel, Club and Spa in August 2020. The plaintiffs in both of those lawsuits are female massage therapists who filed as Jane Doe.

Both lawsuits allege that Watson committed civil assault by exposing himself and touching the plaintiffs with his penis. Both lawsuits also say the plaintiffs grew "uncomfortable" during the massages, and the women abruptly ended their sessions after Watson acted inappropriately. They did not respond to any additional attempts at communication from Watson, who initially set up the meetings via Instagram direct messages.

"It became apparent that Watson wanted a massage for only one reason — sex," the first lawsuit states.

Watson allegedly told the plaintiff involved in the March 2020 incident: "I know you have a career and a reputation, and I know you would hate for someone to mess with yours, just like I don't want anyone messing with mine." She considered Watson's remark to be a threat, per the lawsuit.

The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory damages in order to "prevent Watson from further like conduct."
Lawsuit 3

The third lawsuit stems from an incident that allegedly occurred at a Houston office building in December 2020. The plaintiff in the lawsuit filed as Jane Doe.

While the third lawsuit alleges a similar pattern of behavior toward the massage therapist, it also says Watson "got more aggressive, forcefully telling her to move her hand down to his pubic area." The lawsuit claims Watson forced the woman, who felt "intimidated and threatened," to perform oral sex on him and that she "did not consent."

"Plaintiff wishes she could have been more courageous and would have ended the massage," the lawsuit states. "But she felt helpless in the moment. Plaintiff was under Watson's control."
Lawsuits 4-7

Four more civil lawsuits were filed against Watson on March 19, bringing the total to seven. Three of the four lawsuits allege Watson made inappropriate contact with women during massage sessions, per Barshop. The fourth claims Watson tried to kiss a woman against her will.
Who is Tony Buzbee?

Buzbee is Houston-based lawyer of The Buzbee Law Firm. He is a former Marine officer and attended the law school at the University of Houston Law Center, according to his bio on The Buzbee Law Firm site. He has represented a number of high-profile clients, including former Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

He has also previously run for public office, most recently launching an unsuccessful campaign for mayor of Houston in 2019 against incumbent Sylvester Turner.

In an Instagram post shared from his verified account on March 18, Buzbee said that the Buzbee Law Firm has been hired by nine women to bring cases against Watson, though only three had been filed at that time.

"The allegations are similar. We have filed three, and, as we complete our due diligence, will file the remaining ones in due course," the post read. "We are talking to several others. [Buzbee's associate] Cornelia [Brandfield-Harvey] and I appreciate the kind words, and outpouring of support for these brave women who are wiling to come forward and be heard.

"No matter what you do in life, there will always be detractors. As my dad always said: 'If you are right, go ahead!' And so we go."

What has Deshaun Watson said?

Watson posted the following statement to Twitter on March 16:

As a result of a social media post by a publicity-seeking plaintiff's lawyer, I recently became aware of a lawsuit that has apparently been filed against me. I have not yet seen the complaint, but I know this: I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect. The plaintiff's lawyer claims that this isn't about money, but before filing suit he made a baseless six-figure settlement demand, which I quickly rejected. Unlike him, this isn't about money for me — it's about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that.

Houston-based attorney Rusty Hardin told ESPN that he spoke with Watson on March 17 and has agreed to represent him.

"I'm real comfortable with the kind of person that Deshaun Watson is, and I don't like to publicly comment until I get all the facts," Hardin said, adding that Watson "has a great reputation here in the Houston area, and the allegations are really inconsistent with the kind of person he is."

Watson's agent, David Mulugheta, shared his thoughts on the lawsuits in a tweet posted on March 19:

Sexual assault is real. Victims should be heard, offenders prosecuted.

Individuals fabricate stories in pursuit of financial gain often. Their victims should be heard, and those offenders also prosecuted.

I simply hope we keep this same energy with the truth.
11:28 AM · Mar 19, 2021

Are the Texans, NFL investigating Deshaun Watson?

The Texans released the following statement on March 17:

We became aware of a civil lawsuit involving Deshaun Watson through a social media post last night. This is the first time we heard of the matter, and we hope to learn more soon. We take accusations of this nature that involve anyone within the Houston Texans organization seriously. We will await further information before making any additional statements on this incident.

Pro Football Talk reported March 19 that Lisa Friel, the NFL's special counsel for investigations, wrote Buzbee a letter telling him the league has begun an investigation. She requested that Buzbee and his clients cooperate with it.

Buzbee posted, then deleted, and then reposted the letter on his Instagram page. He eventually wrote that his side "will cooperate with the NFL's investigation and with any other investigative authorities."

An anonymous league official told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the league is investigating Watson under its personal conduct policy. The Texans said in a second statement on March 19 (per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle) that they would "stay in close contact" with the league during the investigation.

Additionally, teams that may be interested in potentially trading for Watson are monitoring the situation, according to Schefter.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...7s12b9h4aq6bqqz
Posted By: jfanent Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 08:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave

No. You have to wonder why not one of these women pressed charges. Do we know if any of these incidents were reported to authorities before civil suits were filed?
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 08:58 PM
j/c:

Texans' Deshaun Watson now faces sexual misconduct claims from 22 women and a DOZEN lawsuits as their lawyer says the most recent incident happened this month AFTER he was confronted with the allegations

Houston Texans star Deshaun Watson is now facing sexual misconduct allegations from 22 women, a dozen of whom have already filed lawsuits or are in the process of doing so, according to their attorney.

Read more:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...s.html#comments
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 09:28 PM
Nothing to see here. Boys will be boys. Everyone move on.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 09:50 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

No. You have to wonder why not one of these women pressed charges. Do we know if any of these incidents were reported to authorities before civil suits were filed?

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/19/21 11:59 PM
Geez.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 12:59 AM
wow... this is getting crazy...
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 02:00 AM
It is crazy.

Many considerations:

1) Deshaun Watson is a serial sexual predator and should be in prison. See Bill Cosby.

2) This is the worst case of character assassination of all time. The attorney is supposedly friends with the Texans owner. All victims went to the same attorney?

3) The Texans knew about this and covered it up and are no longer hiding it now that Watson wants out. The timing is curious.

It seems implausible that Watson could allegedly sexually assault 22 women and counting without being enabled or people looking the other way.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 02:01 PM

A few reasons. In a criminal trial it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Watson is guilty of the crimes. To be honest, that is hard in sex cases because it usually boils down to a he said/ she said deal, and people are reluctant to put people in prison in cases like that.

Second, there is no money involved, so the person has to hire an attorney, and that costs money.

Third, in a civil trial it is no longer the threshold of proving beyond reasonable doubt. All the plaintiff has to do is tip the scales of justice a fraction in their favor to gain remedy.

In this case, as far as I know, out and out rape isn't being claimed. A jury is more apt to agree with the women that Watson was acting in a lewd manner and maybe doing a little more touching than welcomed. That deserves punishment if he keeps acting that way after the advances are deemed unwelcomed, but probably not jail time.

A jury is more comfortable in to more or less fining the guy over putting him in jail.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 02:18 PM
Deshaun may be guilty, he may not be guilty it's not for me to judge. But one thing I will say it's now a huge headache and I can't see any organization wanting to trade for him now. JMO
Posted By: jfanent Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

A few reasons. In a criminal trial it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Watson is guilty of the crimes. To be honest, that is hard in sex cases because it usually boils down to a he said/ she said deal, and people are reluctant to put people in prison in cases like that.

Second, there is no money involved, so the person has to hire an attorney, and that costs money.

Third, in a civil trial it is no longer the threshold of proving beyond reasonable doubt. All the plaintiff has to do is tip the scales of justice a fraction in their favor to gain remedy.

In this case, as far as I know, out and out rape isn't being claimed. A jury is more apt to agree with the women that Watson was acting in a lewd manner and maybe doing a little more touching than welcomed. That deserves punishment if he keeps acting that way after the advances are deemed unwelcomed, but probably not jail time.

A jury is more comfortable in to more or less fining the guy over putting him in jail.

I agree with that. But apparently none of these incidents were even reported to authorities prior to the civil suits. The sheer numbers of women coming forth are removing a lot of doubt, though.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 03:56 PM

I agree with that. But apparently none of these incidents were even reported to authorities prior to the civil suits. The sheer numbers of women coming forth are removing a lot of doubt, though.

Or there are a lot of scorned women upset that he turned them down. I had been looking at it as he kept changing his masseuse because they didn't want him back, but it's possible they were the ones making him uncomfortable.

Numbers don't mean much. Lots of people look for pay days. Getting more people to sign on can sway a jury, though.

It's hard to know who/what to believe as it plays out in the media.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 04:00 PM

This is one of those situations where you have to wait for all the "facts" to show up.

From my understanding nothing was on a police report when the alleged incidents happened?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 04:34 PM
So it's more like a deep state conspiracy theory?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 05:51 PM
I don't know about that Pit but let's face it, we don't know exactly what went on. Could be a fabrication.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 05:51 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

This is one of those situations where you have to wait for all the "facts" to show up.

From my understanding nothing was on a police report when the alleged incidents happened?

But normally in cases such as these, aren't the facts just the alleged victim's word vs alleged perpetrator's word?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 06:05 PM
Don't you mean 22 fabrications?

You know, I try to give the accused the benefit of the doubt. In a place where you're the starting QB, mayor, when you command popularity, power and wealth, people hesitate to confront you. Once someone does confront you, it gives others the confidence to come forward.

When it's one accuser, two or even maybe three, it seems possible that it could go in either direction. But 22? 22?

I don't "know" what happened, but when it reaches the point that 22 women have come out with accusations, that's a pretty damning bit of information and you would have to feel like this was some kind of organized plot to destroy Watson to feel he wasn't someone who is guilty of at least part of it.

Come on man, trying to dismiss women is all too common these days but rather sickening to me once the number of women becomes overwhelming.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 06:09 PM
I'm trying to stay neutral on the matter but 22 is somewhat overwhelming. Deshaun could be in some trouble to say the least.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 06:12 PM
And that's what I "try" to do. But as you yourself stated, 22 is overwhelming.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 06:13 PM
It is and I don't disagree with you.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/20/21 06:29 PM

Facts don't change.

There is truth somewhere.

If there is a trail the purpose will be to find the facts.

I don't know. I don't want to speculate.

Over time hopefully for all parties they will get to the facts.

Justice is the goal.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/21/21 08:35 PM
22 makes it hard to believe that he is not guilty of something. I would have to imagine one of 22 women have beyond a reasonable doubt of evidence against Watson.

crazy...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/21/21 11:24 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/21/21 11:35 PM
At first I thought it could’ve been character assassination, but the # of claims now is bad on Watson’s part.

What’s worse is that this dude has plenty of money to hire a full time massage therapist, so him going through that many is just highly suspicious and very much predatory behavior if true.

And then him hitting up these women through IG of all places...yikes. I hope he’s innocent but if this is true I hope he gets hammered for being a predator.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/21/21 11:38 PM
Good points.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 12:39 AM
It's difficult for real truth to come out unless there is physical or electronic evidence. If not, Deshaun Watson will be unable to prove a negative unless he has rick solid alibies. And should he have to?

Is he not entitled to the "innocent until proven guilty" standard?
Posted By: jfanent Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 12:50 AM
Alibi's will be hard to come by if he had actual appointments to be alone with the masseuses.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 01:07 AM
Some massage parlors take video.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 01:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
...Did Robert Kraft send some friends to try to drive the Texans' asking price for Watson down?

smile
Posted By: brownieforlife Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
At first I thought it could’ve been character assassination, but the # of claims now is bad on Watson’s part.

What’s worse is that this dude has plenty of money to hire a full time massage therapist, so him going through that many is just highly suspicious and very much predatory behavior if true.

And then him hitting up these women through IG of all places...yikes. I hope he’s innocent but if this is true I hope he gets hammered for being a predator.

This is a GREAT point. If massage is the only goal, you find someone that does a great job and stick with that person. MANY athletes have preferred trainers and this no different.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: brownieforlife
Originally Posted By: Swish

This is a GREAT point. If massage is the only goal, you find someone that does a great job and stick with that person. MANY athletes have preferred trainers and this no different.

no kiddin... I would suspect most big time athletes stick to the same massage therapist... and aren't DMing them on IG...
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 06:21 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
It is up to 7, with 2 more this same lawyer knows of.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3109...ringing-total-7

How do they find these women. I can see after it goes public then they may see it and call in. But after only the first one, how do you find more before it becomes public? They can't just put out an ad or classified.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 07:25 PM
j/c:

Yikes.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 07:40 PM
Too soon? <grimacing emoji>

Posted By: bonefish Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 08:56 PM

It certainly is getting suspicious.

At first it sounded like gold digging.

Now?

Sure throws a wrench into his trade request especially with the draft about 5 weeks away.

This will be front page stuff for some time.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/22/21 10:41 PM
at what point does the NFL suspend him?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/23/21 12:15 AM
Well, I suppose going to prison is one way to never play another snap for the Texans.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/23/21 01:11 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
at what point does the NFL suspend him?
Well, a guilty verdict or plea. Otherwise it might take some really damning evidence making it out into the public eye (ala Ray Rice). I would hope the NFL has progressed in its handling of this situation since Ray Rice.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/24/21 05:51 AM
Arent these just civil cases? Not much proof needed vs a full blown trial case!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/24/21 06:38 AM
The state can bring him to criminal trial if there is enough evidence.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Deshaun Watson - 03/31/21 06:26 PM
I think we're up to 21 lawsuits now.

As well, 18 massage therapists, with names attached, voice support for Deshaun Watson:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...deshaun-watson/
Posted By: jaybird Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 02:43 AM
so he found 18 women he didn't sexually abuse to counter the 21 who are accusing him.... interesting...

also... why does the dude need 39 different massage therapists?? I've got one lady who I prefer to cut my hair... a multi-millionaire NFL player can't find one preferred massage therapist?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 04:44 PM
Variety is the spice of life?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 05:27 PM
so he found 18 women he didn't sexually abuse to counter the 21 who are accusing him.... interesting...

also... why does the dude need 39 different massage therapists?? I've got one lady who I prefer to cut my hair... a multi-millionaire NFL player can't find one preferred massage therapist?

Maybe he's looking for one preferred massage therapist, but a bunch of them could have seemed more interested in trying to "ingratiate" themselves than giving massages.

Some people are perfectionists. Maybe Watson hasn't found his perfect masseuse. He can/could afford to keep looking.

There are more than 80 different types of massage/specialties. He could have been trying them all out to see what worked best for him.

A millionaire doesn't need a car/sneaker/whatever collection, but plenty of them have such excesses.

He could be a scum bag, but people do all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons. It may seem eccentric, but that doesn't mean it was nefarious.

It only takes one bad haircut to send someone looking for a new barber. *shrug*

There seems to be all sorts of sketchiness all around this case/story.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 05:36 PM
Yeah, but if you had fifty pairs of shoes and twenty pairs of shoes were accusing you of sexual allegations it might mean you have a problem. wink
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 05:37 PM
He could also have different massage therapists throughout the country, that he uses when he travels ... either on his own time, or for a game.

Then there's this .......

Tony Buzbee won't provide information regarding Deshaun Watson to Houston Police Department, after all - ProFootballTalk
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ment-after-all/

Attorney Tony Buzbee has said that he intends to provide evidence regarding his clients’ claims of sexual assault against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson to the Houston Police Department. He hasn’t. In a social-media post made on Tuesday night, Buzbee explains the decision not to do so.

“Our team has been roundly criticized because these numerous brave women haven’t filed formal criminal complaints with HPD (although we have provided info to other organizations),” Buzbee said on Instagram. “Here is my worry. When I ran for Houston mayor against the CURRENT mayor, I called for the resignation of the former police chief. I was thus reluctant initially in these important cases to provide info to HPD, at least while Art Acevedo was the Police Chief — even though my brother-in-law is a long-term HPD officer. Mr. Acevedo has now left Houston for Miami. Yet, I’ve since learned that my legal opponent, Mr. Hardin, has a son who is on of the exclusive Command Staff of HPD. I am not saying in any way that Deshaun Watson’s lawyer, Mr. Hardin, has a son who has a position that would compromise HPD and its investigation. I support his service, along with all Houston police officers — I think the rank and file know that. But, I am saying that me and my clients will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities. Stand by.”

This is the first that Buzbee has said regarding any hesitation he has when it comes to providing information to the Houston Police Department. It also seems odd to think that the authorities would disregard or overlook claims made by 19 different women based on factors other than whether the authorities believe, based on the evidence provided, that a crime has been committed. Buzbee isn’t one of the victims; he’s their lawyer. The notion that the Houston Police Department would take a dim view of his clients’ efforts to seek justice simply because of the identity of their lawyer takes cynicism to new heights. (It also suggests that the best interests of these women arguably would be better served by hiring different counsel.)

Buzbee prefaced his comments regarding his concerns about the Houston Police Department with the following message to the media generally: “This is our legal team’s response to the hundreds of requests we have received at our Houston office for comment; even though we have an extensive staff, your inquiries are overwhelming! We will continue to conform our conduct to the ethical rules for lawyers in Texas. We take our obligations very seriously. We will say this once, and encourage those inquiring to pay attention to our public filings, rather than lawyer statements in the media. These Deshaun Watson cases continue to mount; we filed two more public cases today.”

Deshaun Watson has denied any wrongdoing, and the cases (barring a settlement) will be processed through the court system and, eventually, taken to trial.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 06:15 PM
Yeah, but if you had fifty pairs of shoes and twenty pairs of shoes were accusing you of sexual allegations it might mean you have a problem. wink

...if those stiletto heels could talk... yikes! lol
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 08:18 PM
Quote:

also... why does the dude need 39 different massage therapists??

What are the odds that if you were just looking for the best massage therapist either geographically or based on their area of massage specialty... and you went through 39 of them... that not a single one would be male?
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/01/21 09:06 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

What are the odds that if you were just looking for the best massage therapist either geographically or based on their area of massage specialty... and you went through 39 of them... that not a single one would be male?

A male coming out and saying he wasn't harassed by Deshaun is meaningless to the defense.

And do we know if he has male massage therapists or not? Maybe he did and just didn't sexually harass\abuse them.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/02/21 05:20 PM
When you start flying them in to where you are, I don't think location played a factor.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/03/21 12:44 PM
j/c:

Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson is now under investigation by police after 21 women filed sexual assault and harassment lawsuits

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...n.html#comments
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/03/21 04:39 PM
21? Man, that's a whooooolotta smoke...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/04/21 01:49 AM
in 5 years I would think he'd find a good massage therapist... I really like Deshaun... seems like a great guy... but this is a lot of smoke...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/04/21 01:51 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

yeah... I know it's a lower percentage of massage therapists that are male, but I'd be curious how many he's gone through were male or frankly how many he's gone through...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/04/21 02:09 AM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/05/21 09:24 PM

It appears he couldn't find the right one to properly finish his massage.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/06/21 07:44 PM
j/c...

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/07/21 04:24 PM
j/c

Nike suspends endorsement of NFL star Deshaun Watson over sexual misconduct allegations

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nik...sm_npd_nn_fb_ma
Posted By: jaybird Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/08/21 02:03 AM
Beats goby Dre also

Watson losing money
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/08/21 03:00 PM
1. I don't know what happened, and of course, want justice and righteousness to prevail.

2. I find it funny that all the allegations happen the same year, D Watson decides he doesn't want to play for the Texans anymore, and sort of turns his back on an NFL team, and all NFL teams are billion dollar monoliths.

If it turned out anyone, in the interests of a billion dollar corp. is allowed to ruin somebody just because the somebody does something they don't like,
and is allowed to get away with it,

then at the very least it would encourage those mega dollars' interest to do it again.

And if the Super Rich are allowed to go around and ruin people just because they are Super Rich and everyone else is not,
then that would be a sad state for Justice in America.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/09/21 08:49 PM
j/c...

Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/13/21 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

In the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select quarterback...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/13/21 02:48 PM
They would have to somehow get a 1st rounder, as they have traded away both their 1st and 2nd round picks in this draft.
Posted By: BpG Re: Deshaun Watson - 04/13/21 02:53 PM
I firmly believe in finding what the evidence is but damn, this isn't a handful, this isn't even a dozen....this is not going to end well.
© DawgTalkers.net