DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/18/21 08:30 PM
That's a lot of money.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/18/21 11:29 PM
And a 17 game schedule is agreed upon .. which will be 18 in a few years
Posted By: jaybird Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 12:50 AM
That's a ton of money
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 04:07 PM
I'm glad we're done with Directv owning the ticket. We'll see how ESPN+ does with it.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I'm glad we're done with Directv owning the ticket. We'll see how ESPN+ does with it.

That is not happening as of yet. Hopefully it does.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 04:43 PM
As of right now the agreement between DirecTV and the NFL as it pertains to exclusive right for the NFL Sunday ticket ends after the 2022 season.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 05:19 PM
I can't wait for the Direct TV monopoly to end!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 05:48 PM
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
I can't wait for the Direct TV monopoly to end!

While I agree, and I’m a Direct TV subscriber mainly because of the NFL monopoly, my concern is it’ll fragment the NFL so badly you’ll have to have 6 streaming methods to just watch your team play a season. This week they’ll be on ESPN+. Next week you’ll have to have HULU. The following week you’ll only be able to watch on Amazon Prime Plus. Then Disney+. And on and on.
The NFL needs to develop a way of selling direct streams to viewers. I should be able to ‘buy’ my team and go to NFL.com each week to watch.
I’m tired of Direct TV but I also don’t want to have to pay for 10 streaming services to watch 17 games.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 06:27 PM
If DirectTV ends then bars will be screwed. I don't know any bars that broadcast streaming content.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

While I agree, and I’m a Direct TV subscriber mainly because of the NFL monopoly, my concern is it’ll fragment the NFL so badly you’ll have to have 6 streaming methods to just watch your team play a season. This week they’ll be on ESPN+. Next week you’ll have to have HULU. The following week you’ll only be able to watch on Amazon Prime Plus. Then Disney+. And on and on.
The NFL needs to develop a way of selling direct streams to viewers. I should be able to ‘buy’ my team and go to NFL.com each week to watch.
I’m tired of Direct TV but I also don’t want to have to pay for 10 streaming services to watch 17 games.

If the NFL took that approach they would not be getting $10B per year. They know that fans will sign up for 25 streaming services if it means they can watch and with legalized sports gambling opening up in a bunch of states the demand will increase.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
If DirectTV ends then bars will be screwed. I don't know any bars that broadcast streaming content.

They’d probably figure it out pretty quick.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 07:25 PM
The transition is probably an expense that no bar wants to take on in the near future, but I bet they'll be better off.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 07:29 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

They’d probably figure it out pretty quick.

I would imagine so. It's not like a lot of bars had DirectTV until the NFL ticket started. They'll do whatever it takes to bring those customers in.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/19/21 07:41 PM
It kind of depends how they structure commercial use of their streams.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/20/21 04:34 AM
That I know of off hand, there are a couple bars/restaurants that use streaming in the DMV area.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New NFL TV Deal Reached - 03/22/21 06:25 PM
It wouldn't necessarily mean that DTV wouldn't still be able to broadcast and sell a package for games.

It could just mean more services would have the same option (IE: Warner, Comcast, Spectrum, Etc), it just wouldn't be exclusive to DTV, as well as NFL having some streaming package themselves, like single game options, themselves.

© DawgTalkers.net