DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Pdawg Other games - 08/11/22 11:49 PM
Starting this thread just so I can say Robinson of the Giants (33) is stinking up the joint.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other games - 08/12/22 12:15 AM
Either Belichick has lost it all the way or he's just messing with people.

Matt Patricia and Joe Judge have been trading off calling plays on offense during their first preseason game. Patricia last coached offense in 2005 when he was the assistant offensive line coach. Joe Judge has basically only ever been a special teams coach except for one year when he was the Patriots wide receivers coach.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/12/22 01:45 AM
Baltimore has really good TEs
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 08/12/22 11:20 AM
Additionally, the Patriots draft was head-scratching.........and that is being kind.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/12/22 01:53 PM
It seems like Bill B is really doing some things against the grain of late
Posted By: FATE Re: Other games - 08/12/22 03:24 PM
Maybe the guy is just getting bored? lol

It was a weird draft, and a lot of it's "success" will hinge on the success of over-drafted OL Cole Strange (round 1/29). Add insult to injury by over-drafting QB Bailey Zappe... everyone seems to agree he's a back-up in the NFL and would have gone much later. BB didn't have a 5th and snagged the guy in the 4th.

He did pick the fastest WR and fastest RB (combine times) in the draft this year. Almost seemed as if speed was a mission (also grabbed a very fast CB), besides that it just looked like he was throwing darts.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other games - 08/12/22 08:04 PM
Belichick has often had some bizarre drafts.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/13/22 01:21 AM
It looks like tough news for Zach Wilson
Posted By: FATE Re: Other games - 08/13/22 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Right knee buckled. Looks like torn ACL.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/13/22 01:39 AM
Dang
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other games - 08/13/22 01:40 AM
dang that sucks...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/13/22 01:42 AM
ANyone see that hit on Jalen Hurts? That was dirty
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other games - 08/13/22 01:44 AM
Zach Wilson’s injury is the exact reason why no one meaningful should ever see the field in a preseason game.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other games - 08/13/22 06:57 PM
thats silly...injuries happen, doesn't matter if its preseason or regular season. As long as your starters are playing against starters and not against 3 teamers trying to make a name, I think getting hit before they count outweighs any benefit of a weak camp and no playing time in preseason.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other games - 08/13/22 10:58 PM
Football players play football, the risks are inherent.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/14/22 01:06 AM
Pickens for Pittsburgh looks very, very good
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other games - 08/14/22 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by Dave
Football players play football, the risks are inherent.

Obviously. More games equals more risk. These guys don’t have to play in a preseason game to get ready.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 08/14/22 01:45 AM
True, but playing at full go w/out ever preparing to play at full go also increases the risk of injury.

It's a really complex and deep subject. I've thought a lot about it for quite some time. I played and coached in an era that went full go. It was awful to lose a player in practice or scrimmage. Thus, I understand why you want to limit contact. On the other hand, not dealing w/contact and full speed play also can lead to more injuries because you are not prepared for it and I believe that the amount of injuries has actually increased the more teams backed off.

However, that is not a conclusive report. Just opinion. I really don't know the answer and I can see the merits of both strategies. I do think it makes for an interesting conversation, provided one is speaking w/another intelligent individual.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other games - 08/14/22 01:58 AM
Wow a Kenny Pickett!
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other games - 08/14/22 02:13 AM
Pickens has looked great in camp, also today. All 3 QBs looked good, especially Pickett at the end. He took a couple of nasty sacks, especially the first one. Run defense still looks awful, hopefully will be better when some of the starters get back. McFarland, Warren, Teague all looked good at running back.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/14/22 09:30 AM
Yeah, Teague really gets downhill .. he’ll be an upgrade over Snell
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other games - 08/14/22 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Luckily it appears to only be a bone bruise and a meniscus tear. He's expected back an 2-4 weeks.

Zach Wilson injury: Jets' QB suffers bone bruise and meniscus tear, expected to miss 2-4 weeks, per report

Wilson's ligaments in his right knee are reportedly fine

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-expected-to-miss-2-4-weeks-per-report/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/14/22 06:57 PM
Depends how bad the tear is, but him playing vs us is probably 50/50 at best
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other games - 08/14/22 06:59 PM
I have no idea. I just posted the public report. Either way it's certainly much better than a torn ACL. I hate to see any player get severely injured.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other games - 08/14/22 08:44 PM
I really like the Raiders backup RB … he’s a jitter bug
© DawgTalkers.net