DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Other Games - 09/21/23 08:17 PM
Giants-49ers could be interesting tonight.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/21/23 09:34 PM
I think SF will romp them
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/23 09:37 PM
X2
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/23 10:34 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/22/23 11:39 AM
two thoughts: the niners are good ... and the giants are not
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/22/23 01:14 PM
I don't know what to think about the 49ers. Purdy in particular. Got away with multiple turnover worthy throws. Also felt like they got away with a fair amount of uncalled penalties. How Trent Williams got away with punching A'Shawn Robinson in the face(mask) without getting ejected with two officials looking right at it I'll never understand.

I agree on the Giants. Especially without Barkley. Worst tackling team I've seen in quite a while, and I've watched some pretty bad tackling by the Browns in the not so distant past.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/22/23 01:33 PM
not to mention Daniel Jones is awful. And their WRs are awful
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 09/22/23 01:36 PM
I was telling my sister that I expected that game to be a bloodbath. The Giants are 0-16 Browns-level bad right now.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:21 PM
Colts are making horrible decisions. They do not want to win.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:24 PM
Ravens got screwed on that call. laugh
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

I know! It was a beautiful thing to see
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Swish

Loved it!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:29 PM
Colts win!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:29 PM
And Baltimore loses! laugh
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:29 PM
indy with the clutch kick... Baltimore looked like crap. They better be better next week or they'll be embarrased
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:29 PM
3 way tie in the AFC NORTH
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:35 PM
steelers are one and one and yet to play today ? no? If not what was their score.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
steelers are one and one and yet to play today ? no? If not what was their score.

Oh crap I forgot they haven’t played yet
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 08:50 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 09:00 PM
great job Colts ... we needed that
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 09:19 PM
I have to laugh at Miami putting up 70 points today. Not very sportsman like to embarrass the opponent like that, but there have been times I wished we would have.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 09:21 PM
The way Sean Peyton acts he deserved it!!
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 09:45 PM

Loved it!

And I love that it was the colts that did it. The colts to Baltimore are what the Ravens are to Cleveland. It’s sticks just a little more.
Posted By: Squires Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 10:15 PM
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

I got stuck watching this game. I want to know why they didn't switch to a more competitive game.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 10:41 PM
No way the networked swapped from the chiefs-bears game to the cowboys-cardinals game at half lmao
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 10:59 PM
Bears are a mess.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 11:06 PM
Yea whole team just terrible.

And good lord, a home game for the Steelers in Vegas. Sigh.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/24/23 11:32 PM
cowboys lose to cardinals ... just wow
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 12:13 AM
steelers game time
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 01:10 AM
the steelers rely on defense and 1-2 huge offensive plays a game
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 01:37 AM
not sure who's more over-rated, Garrapalo or Mcdaniels.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 01:39 AM
I'd say both ... this is ugly on both ends
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 02:39 AM
Steelers going to be the worst 2-1 team ever.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 03:11 AM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Steelers going to be the worst 2-1 team ever.

Absolutely.

Josh McDaniels is a hilariously inept HC. Collect the HC money and then head back to the Pats to coach under Dad's watch.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 11:31 AM
Raiders stink. I feel for Davante Adams
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 02:33 PM
I was thinking while watching that game I'd Love to pair Adams with Cooper..man.. Our receivers outside of Cooper don't have that juice
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 03:03 PM
We haven't gotten anything out of Goodwin yet. We need a speed guy to round out the WR corp
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 03:12 PM
I’ve been sick of the garrapolo talk since he was with the patriots.

Dude is mediocre. A slightly more healthy Sam Bradford.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We haven't gotten anything out of Goodwin yet. We need a speed guy to round out the WR corp

The passing game still needs to gel before we start bombing it. You started to see that a bit yesterday.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober

The passing game still needs to gel before we start bombing it. You started to see that a bit yesterday.
from what I can gather, Watson is very much a confidence player. He starts to zing it and it's more accurate as he completes passes
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 06:30 PM

We would get more out of Watkins
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 06:54 PM
That Denver loss giving up 70 points is very embarrassing. Our worst teams never gave up that many LOL! As far as I'm concerned, next to the Steelers or Cowboys it couldn't have happened to a better team!!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 07:37 PM
Hoping Cincitucky takes it in the teeth tonight. Nauseating listening to fans and talking heads assuring anybody who would listen (and a number that refused) that their return to the SB would be a given, just automatically given they would be there. And win it fer shure! Been quieter around here since the losing started. "Who dey?" is more like a question from the fair-weather fans who have forgotten them.

I will be rooting for the other guy. Won't you join me?
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
Hoping Cincitucky takes it in the teeth tonight. Nauseating listening to fans and talking heads assuring anybody who would listen (and a number that refused) that their return to the SB would be a given, just automatically given they would be there. And win it fer shure! Been quieter around here since the losing started. "Who dey?" is more like a question from the fair-weather fans who have forgotten them.

I'm rooting for the Rams tonight. I always root for the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens to lose. Heck when they play each other I want them to somehow both lose.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg

I'm rooting for the Rams tonight. I always root for the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens to lose. Heck when they play each other I want them to somehow both lose.

lol i root for ties
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 09:39 PM
a bengals loss tonight dooms them
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 10:05 PM
Agreed and a loss tonight probably takes them out of playoff contention. That would bring the total to 2 talented teams that we would have had to battle for a playoff spot. Bengals and Jets, that we should no longer have to worry about until we have to play them.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 10:14 PM
I know 0-3 sounds like a horror story, but I wouldn't count them out this quickly.

They started 0-2 last year and were 4-4 with an 0-3 division record before they ran the table for a 12-4 record.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 10:18 PM
I just think with their schedule ahead (Buffalo, KC, Pittsburgh twice, Baltimore, Cleveland, SF, LAC, etc ..) that's a really tough hill
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 10:28 PM
Yeah, good point. Their next four are critical to getting on the right track... LAR, Tennessee, Arizona, Seattle... 3-3 or better gives them a puncher's chance, 2-4 maybe too much to overcome. So yeah, lose tonight and they basically face a mountain rather than an uphill hike.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/25/23 10:35 PM
yeah they have a little bubble of winnable games here. It's paramount
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 01:30 AM
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 01:38 AM
What do y’all think about that formation the Eagles run on short yardage situations?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 01:49 AM
I think we should do it lol ... they'll probably outlaw it after this season
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 01:49 AM
bengals tied 6-6 at half. Ugly game
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 02:59 AM
What do y’all think about that formation the Eagles run on short yardage situations?

Not sure I'd want a QB taking that pounding from both sides. If Bryant can keep handling snaps cleanly, go for it. Have Harris and Hudson behind him while we're at it. Maybe even have one of them in motion at the snap.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 03:06 AM
Remember when Matthew Stafford was a good QB?

Sure seems those days are past.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 03:09 AM
Stafford had been looking pretty good earlier in the season. He's been taking some hits tonight. OL is struggling.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 12:19 PM
gosh the Rams OL is bad. I hope we are full strength when we play that unit
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 01:59 PM
That game last night was offensive to my eyes. Probably time for Stafford to hang it up.

You could tell that calf was bothering Burrow at times, but they kept him clean for the most part. I feel like he has a paper thin chance of not aggravating that thing again. If another team can get after him the way we did in the first game, he could be in trouble. He has his quick release to help him, though.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 02:17 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 02:51 PM
Evans had like 3 crazy catches and 3 horrible drops lol
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 04:40 PM
Joe Burrow went about 26 for forty nine.
The int's don't matter to me, the Td's don't matter to me<today anyway. There is a number to highlight though,

the number of times they attempted but did not complete, and it's ratio to the number they attempted in total, and the number they completed in total.

in this case 23, < you get that when you subtract the 26 complete from the forty nine attemps

Now, anytime you get that ^ number above about half as many as you completed, or more, you are headed toward a bad day,
in this case anything above I3 is bad, anything above half of the 26 he completed, trends bad in this case

23 incomplete of forty nine attempted
only 26 complete,

Way to go Cincy You are not good, and will continue to be.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Joe Burrow went about 26 for forty nine.
The int's don't matter to me, the Td's don't matter to me<today anyway. There is a number to highlight though,

the number of times they attempted but did not complete, and it's ratio to the number they attempted in total, and the number they completed in total.

in this case 23, < you get that when you subtract the 26 complete from the forty nine attemps

Now, anytime you get that ^ number above about half as many as you completed, or more, you are headed toward a bad day,
in this case anything above I3 is bad, anything above half of the 26 he completed, trends bad in this case

23 incomplete of forty nine attempted
only 26 complete,

Way to go Cincy You are not good, and will continue to be.

Completion percentage is what it is, but as a coach, how do you call 49 passing plays with a QB hobbled playing on a bag leg for the past 8 weeks? I realize most were probably short drops, quick releases, but man that is risky.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 07:44 PM
How do you call 49 pass plays? When it's been proven you can't run the ball.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games - 09/26/23 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
How do you call 49 pass plays? When it's been proven you can't run the ball.

I realize they struggle, but you just signed your franchise guy to $275M. I would think you would want to protect him if already injured.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 09/27/23 03:58 PM
If a QB gets the ball out of his hands quickly he doesn't take much punishment throwing the ball. From what I saw that's pretty much the way it went too. Rather than hold it he would just throw it away and didn't take a lot of punishment as a result. Donald had 1 sack and both Young and Turner combined for one more with .5 each.
© DawgTalkers.net