DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 11/03/23 11:42 AM
Steelers nip the Titans and move to 5-3 ... I wish we had punted the ball vs Seattle like Pittsburgh did last night, but they were also up 4 points instead of 3

anyways, here is Pittsburgh's remaining schedule:

Green Bay
at Cleveland
at Cincinnati
Arizona
New England
at Indianapolis
Cincinnati
at Seattle
at Baltimore

it looks easier than ours truthfully ... the toughest games for them are the division games (and Baltimore might be resting that last week)
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 11/03/23 12:49 PM
Pitsburgh will finish ahead of us again. Bank on it!!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/03/23 01:11 PM
It did look like they are getting their running game going, which would be unfortunate. Getting Diontae Johnson back closer to 100% isn't good for us either.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/03/23 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
It did look like they are getting their running game going, which would be unfortunate. Getting Diontae Johnson back closer to 100% isn't good for us either.
yeah Diontae is an X factor for them ... it seems like he has a knack for making big plays
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/03/23 02:20 PM
I feel like we will be back in last place by Sunday afternoon.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/03/23 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I feel like we will be back in last place by Sunday afternoon.

Sunday's game will go a long way in showing where the Browns truly stand.

The Browns have no business losing the game. They need to keep pace with the rest of the division. They are being a given a gift of an opponent at home to help them keep pace.

If the Browns lose...I'm sorry, but you have to point the finger at Stefanski. No excuses. I don't want to hear about injuries. Tomlin is coaxing wins out of the Steelers with Kenny Pickett as his QB. No excuses. Get it done.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/03/23 02:57 PM
If we lose this game the season is all but over ... with Baltimore, Pittsburgh, trips to Denver/LA, Jacksonville, NY Jets, Cincy on the horizon ... coupled with our division opponents' records ... this is a must win
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/03/23 03:46 PM
Yeah, the choice between P.J. Walker and DTR is all Stenfanski's fault.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 11/04/23 01:28 AM
Steelers running game and D were pretty good. Thank goodness for Kwon Alexander getting that pick at the end. Yikes. I can't believe the Steelers are 5-3. Do you know that they haven't outgained an opponent all season but have a winning record? First team to ever do this. Matt Canada and unfortunately Kenny Pickett have to go.
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Other Games - 11/04/23 07:12 PM
LOL the Steelers look better than us.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 11/04/23 08:35 PM
They do but that's usually the case. We have to win this game tomorrow. No excuses!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 10:28 AM
Chiefs vs Dolphins at 9:30 ... should be fun!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 02:54 PM
Chiefs defense has been a really good unit this year ... they have stifled Miami thus far
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 04:59 PM
Holy crap is this Germany game a penalty fest. If this were soccer, they'd be heading to office max for more yellow cards. Dolphins clawing their way back into it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 05:00 PM
Miami has fought back here ... KC's passing offense just not quite there
Posted By: redddog Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 05:04 PM
The stoolers are a crappy team that wins games somehow. We are a good team that loses somehow.

It comes down to the coach, IMO.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 05:07 PM
Lol. The announcers are getting excited when there's a play with no flag.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 05:07 PM
lol we've reached that point in the NFL
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:10 PM
lol damn I want CJ stroud to win cause OSU but here I am rooting for Baker
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:13 PM
Man... Dobbs just killed the Bucs
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:17 PM
Baker just tossed a potential game winning touchdown
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:17 PM
Nice decision and pass by Baker.
Posted By: TooTall Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
Baker just tossed a potential game winning touchdown
And it was a beautiful throw. Baker always had that ability.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:18 PM
Stroud still has a chance. 2 TO and 46sec.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:19 PM
lol damn I want CJ stroud to win cause OSU but here I am rooting for Baker
This.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:20 PM
Yes I still remember that game winner he tossed to DPJ against Cincy. Thing of beauty.

I like rooting for baker as long as he stays in the NFC
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Nice decision and pass by Baker.
Despite what I might read over and over from Rishuz, plays like that won't have him sent out to pasture in the immediacy.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:22 PM
Damn CJ, that was a gorgeous throw
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:23 PM
That was a crazy finish in Houston game.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:23 PM
With the game winner.

CJ stroud with a game winning TD and breaking the rookie single game passing record
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:24 PM
Holy cow! What a series for the rookie!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:24 PM
46 seconds and went the full field
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:24 PM
CJ is amazing.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:24 PM
Wow, that's a lot of poise. I like CJ coming out and said he'd be better than Bryce.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:24 PM
The Panthers taking Bryce Young over CJ Stroud is hilarious.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent
Stroud still has a chance. 2 TO and 46sec.

This aged well.
wink
Posted By: TooTall Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:25 PM
What poise and play from CJ Stroud. Wow. 470 yards, come back drive for go ahead TD with only 46 seconds mere moments after Baker Mayfield drives down for a potential winning TD.

Seriously great finish to a game.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:26 PM
Crazy drive.

Believe it or not I was pulling for Baker.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:26 PM
Houston not missing DW today… Baker sitting on the bench wishing he had some dog pound D.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:26 PM
And Todd Bowles as a HC - no go
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Houston not missing DW today… Baker sitting on the bench wishing he had some dog pound D.

Pause.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:27 PM
Tampa had no pass rush whatever
Anybody see poor Baker's face on the bench
Priceless
Where is the chip on his shoulder now ?
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:28 PM
?? Bro he had that game won with 46 secs left on the clock. Defense completely folded.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:28 PM
Baker did what he was supposed to do. Their HC and D let them down.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Priceless

He did his job. I would be surprised if he didn't look disappointed.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:29 PM
Now when the Browns lose to the Texans, Jags, and Baltimore, even if eleven and 6, the Browns may be eighth place in the AFC or worse and not a playoff team. thumbsdown
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Crazy drive.

Believe it or not I was pulling for Baker.
That's what's nice about being a neutral... You can root for both.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Now when the Browns lose to the Texans, Jags, and Baltimore, even if eleven and 6, the Browns may be eighth place in the AFC or worse and not a playoff team. thumbsdown

Damn bro no hope?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG

Damn bro no hope?

No hope, he’s a Browns fan.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Priceless

He did his job. I would be surprised if he didn't look disappointed.

I will give him credit on their last drive. 4th and 3 I think, he scrambled around and converted with a 1st down.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:50 PM
Houston is a sneaky wild card team IMO
Posted By: JimDawg Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 09:52 PM
Really impressed with CJ. I thought Bryce was better and I was WRONG!
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 10:40 PM
Baker played good
He did his job. He was clutch
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 11:10 PM
Baker played good
He did his job. He was clutch

That game for Baker reminded me of the Baltimore game a few years ago when he drove the Browns down for a go-ahead super clutch drive with less than a minute to take the lead. I think it was Sunday night. The D then proceeds to give up a score to lose.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 11:15 PM
The giants 15 minutes of fame went by super quick.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/05/23 11:15 PM
what a pass by Hurts ... Eagles/Boys in a showdown
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 12:44 AM
what a game between Philly and Dallas
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 12:54 AM
Dak actually balled out tonight. Philly is tough though.

Man, I want the bengals to lose, but I also want them to win for no other reason than the current playoff standings would be an AFC north party
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 12:55 AM
Dak is a true warrior ... and he rarely wins in the end. Kind of a tragic QB
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 01:31 AM
Bengals look pretty good
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 01:40 AM
Bills look pretty good
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 01:41 AM
These taunting penalties are ridiculous. 15 yards on Allen for hurting the bengal players feelings.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 01:55 AM
Interesting
Bengals have 14 points and no catches from Chase
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 02:31 AM
chase has been really hot and cold
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 02:54 AM
AFC North, toughest division in the NFL. We just can't separate ourselves from the rest of the division. We NEED to treat these next 2 games as a mini playoffs, for us to be in control of our own playoff destiny.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 03:30 AM
there are four non-division games that are extremely important too:

at Denver
Jacksonville
at Houston
NY Jets

I think we have to win 3 out of those 4
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 04:32 AM
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 04:55 AM
Seems like when we win, the rest of the AFCN wins as well. The next 2 weeks are going to be crucial.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 09:50 AM
cincinnati is ALL the way back. It feels like either us OR Pittsburgh will make the playoffs but probably not both .. our game vs them is enormous
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
cincinnati is ALL the way back. It feels like either us OR Pittsburgh will make the playoffs but probably not both .. our game vs them is enormous

If the season ended today, every team in the AFC north would make the playoffs
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 03:29 PM
With the game winner.

CJ stroud with a game winning TD and breaking the rookie single game passing record

I was watching the end of that game on the NFL Red Zone. Man how exciting that finish was! For me it wasn't a question of rooting for either one. If I had to choose between the two of them it would be Stroud. As a huge Buckeye fan I always root for their players to do well in the NFL. I always hope Stroud performs well and have been hoping he'll develop into a true NFL franchise QB. I wish Baker no ill will and do kind of follow along with how he's doing. But Stroud left no doubt yesterday that the game is slowing down for him and he belongs as a starting QB in the NFL by any measure. I'm happy for him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 03:33 PM
Stroud definitely looks the part ... that offense is dynamic with him Dell, Collins and Schultz
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 05:10 PM
I really hit the hornet nest with a stick. My dad went to Michigan, so most people in my family are huge Michigan fans. I'm the lone Ohio State fan. I sent a text out to my family that said:

"Man, this CJ Stroud guy can really throw for a lot of TDs when the defense doesn't know what the playcall will be..."

The fallout is real.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I really hit the hornet nest with a stick. My dad went to Michigan, so most people in my family are huge Michigan fans. I'm the lone Ohio State fan. I sent a text out to my family that said:

"Man, this CJ Stroud guy can really throw for a lot of TDs when the defense doesn't know what the playcall will be..."

The fallout is real.
haha Michigan people hate when OSU players show out
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 06:04 PM
In all of the Stroud talk I thought I would bring up Josh Dobbs. What he accomplished on the field after only being in Chicago for five days was amazing. Not to mention that Hall had all of the reps with the #1's all week. After only five days with their playbook in Minnesota and zero reps with the one's he went for 20-30 with two td's when pressed into emergency action including a td winning drive.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/06/23 06:12 PM
no doubt Pit ... Dobbs is a good dude and I was happy for him
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games - 11/07/23 12:07 AM

The fallout is real.

Sometimes you just have to tell the family to F off and tell it like it is. If they shun you from the family, they never really loved you in the first place.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 11/07/23 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

The fallout is real.

Sometimes you just have to tell the family to F off and tell it like it is. If they shun you from the family, they never really loved you in the first place.

I disagree.

You never let a team "favorite" over ride a family connection. You can disagree, as I do with my one brother. but you never tell them to F off. Same with politics.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 11/07/23 12:52 AM

The fallout is real.

You got a sling shot ?

If you do , load it with a buckeye pull back and

the fall out will be all you !!

Lol !!!!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 11/07/23 02:19 AM

The fallout is real.

rofl rofl rofl

thumbsup
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 11/07/23 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

The fallout is real.

I disagree.

You never let a team "favorite" over ride a family connection. You can disagree, as I do with my one brother. but you never tell them to F off. Same with politics.

Arch:
God love ya, I think you may have missed the point of 'Peen's post, this time.

Here's how I read it: 'Peen responded to '05 like we were all sitting at a table in a Browns Backer's bar. '05 tells his story to the table, and 'Peen drops his line, deadpan-style... like a standup comic, -and Clem gets his joke, without the use of purple text, hence the 3 rofl's I dropped on his post. Game recognizes game.

I could be wrong- and if so, I offer mea culpas up-front for speaking for 'Peen without his permission, but I truly read that entire interaction as 'jokey conversation'... not something to be taken seriously/literally.

'Peen and I see many PP topics from different sides of the 50 yard line, but I've never perceived him as the kind of guy who would actually, literally practice family ostracization as a personal policy.

There is only one person who can clear up the details of our conversation, arch. Typed words on a flat screen are a poor substitute for face-to-face interaction.

Help us, 'Peen?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/07/23 12:43 PM
boy, the Jets offense is really bad
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 11/07/23 03:46 PM
Their offense was offensive.
© DawgTalkers.net