DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: SuperBrown Predictions - 12/17/14 01:55 AM
Well, now that I am a Dawgtalk rookie again, I will make my usual lamebrain prediction.
Browns 0
Panthers 5000
Posted By: legalizewd Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 02:03 AM
I will never predict a loss. I think the Browns WRs are going to be hot this week playing in warmer weather. Same with the running game. This will be a high scoring game because of th injuries to the browns defense.

Browns- 27

Panthers- 20
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 02:07 AM
Everybody knows your not a rookie bro. Post counts mean nothing around here. If they did I would be King instead of just another stupid hillbilly thumbsup
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 03:32 AM
Since I rarely get it right, I'll predict a loss and hope (mostly, I kind of like the better draft pick if we lose) I'm wrong.

The Carolina DAs 24
Da Cleveland Browns 16
Posted By: Mourgrym Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 03:34 AM
I like our chances in this one. We were embarrassed last week and I dont expect that to happen this week. We get smart reduce the playbook, simplify. I expect a close game but we squeak one out 26 to 24.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 03:37 AM
I think we lose out.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 04:02 AM
Score doesn't matter...we lose.
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 04:06 AM
If the same team that showed up last week plays, we lose again. If the one that beat Pitt and Cinci shows up, we win and go .500 for the season.
Posted By: Goose7 Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 04:35 AM
I think the Browns get there act together and win. 24-10. and With a win, they will be undefeated against the NFC South!! thumbsup
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 04:54 AM
My prediction, who's gonna win this one? No idea; I really don't know. Hopefully we won't all get the life sucked outta us, like the last game. You know?

- GO BROWNS!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 05:33 AM
Call me a homer, but I thin that we win this weekend.

Unfortunately, I think we'll lose against the Ravens.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 08:34 AM
If Cam doesn't play, we win. Carolina has absolutely NOTHING on offense outside of him.
Posted By: bigdatut Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 10:38 AM
31-3, Panthers.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 12:11 PM
Originally Posted By: candyman92
If Cam doesn't play, we win. Carolina has absolutely NOTHING on offense outside of him.

They have won both games DA has started.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 12:45 PM
I guess it all depends which Browns team shows up - the gritty one or the one that just mails it in. At this point, I simply don't know...
Posted By: rockdogg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 01:13 PM
I predict that I may leave my chair to do other thing while the game spirals toward continued humiliation of the Brown and Orange.
Posted By: jb52 Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 01:40 PM
I predict I will stop watching at the half, when we will be down by 3 scores. End result 31-6 Panthers.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 01:47 PM
I just can't see how we win either of the next two.

Guys are already planning their vacations.

Not even sure I'm going to watch.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 02:12 PM

Kelvin Benjmin and Greg Olsen are both playing very well this season.

Browns--13
Panthers--10

I think this will be an ugly and boring game from both teams.
Posted By: CRASY4MOR Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 02:28 PM
Originally Posted By: legalizewd
I will never predict a loss. I think the Browns WRs are going to be hot this week playing in warmer weather. Same with the running game. This will be a high scoring game because of th injuries to the browns defense.

Browns- 27

Panthers- 20

jc
Browns-30
Panthers - 10

Players get back their pride and the backups step up.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 02:37 PM
I'm going to predict a win here, simply because we can't be as bad as we were last week. I'm not sure I believe it, but that's where I'm going.

20-17 Browns
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 04:37 PM
Once a loser always a loser. I agree with Bernie..this organization is crap and it starts at the top.

Browns - 0
Carolina - 34
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 05:22 PM
If Johnny shows some improvement and the running game/defense both decide to show up...

Browns 24
Panthers 16

If we get the same effort we saw last week (or lack their of?)

Browns 6
Panthers 31

My gut tells me we'll see the ladder, but my hearts hoping for the first (obviously).
Posted By: Army_Dawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 05:45 PM
I predict a breakout game for this offense!!!!

7 first downs, and 200 total yards. 1TD, and only 6 punts.

Does Carolina have a run game? If not, we win.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 05:50 PM
... what you did there... I see it.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 05:52 PM
This game isn't so much about Johnny , more so the Browns as a team and their COACHING STAFF ! Now that I have had some time to look at what Shanny did last week ,I am really at a loss ..
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 05:53 PM
This game rides on the coaches... how do you motivate a team that was once in the playoff hunt and now virtually out of it...

I think we'll get it done.

Browns win.
Posted By: eotab Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 06:27 PM
j/c...
I don't understand this lose always a loser crap...we are currently at .500 Yes we have lost 4 of 5. Possibly we were not a playoff team or maybe young and close and once we got into too much depth we waned? Even 7-9 was above the over under line of our success at the beginning of this season. There is no better for the draft position.

Prediction - JM plays better (can he play worse?)

No way the coaches played JM because of pressure from the masses. They thought they could win. It was a shock to all including themselves. We'll see what kind of coaches they are. Lose the team? I don't see that happening. You have two choices. Quit/ might as well resign. Or coach your ass off! The outcome of the game I predict will be on the D's success. I can't believe they are still in the playoff race for the NFC South they shouldn't give up.

Is it true DA is 3-0 with them this year? I hope Cam starts.

jmho
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Well, now that I am a Dawgtalk rookie again, I will make my usual lamebrain prediction.
Browns 0
Panthers 5000

WELCOME BACK SUPER!!!
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 08:18 PM
its just low hanging fruit EO.

Some people like to wallow in their misery
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I think we lose out.

Sadly, enough, I echo this frown
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 10:42 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Everybody knows your not a rookie bro. Post counts mean nothing around here. If they did I would be King instead of just another stupid hillbilly thumbsup

Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

WELCOME BACK SUPER!!!

Thanks guys! thumbsup
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 11:42 PM
Panthers 24
Browns 14
Posted By: E.Ryze19 Re: Predictions - 12/17/14 11:50 PM
I truly believe the offense line sold out last week. I think the team has quit. I look for another embarrassing loss.

When Thomas made the comment about starting Manzeil was giving up on the season, I believe he meant the team not the coaches. I respect thomas, but can't shake the feeling that they dogged it last week.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 02:06 AM
The game starts off slow, both teams unable really to muster any offense in the first quarter..

Starting off the second quarter Derek Anderson hits a big play action pass to Kelvin Benjamin down the sidelines and gets Carolina in FG range. 3-0 Carolina.

Cleveland tries to respond with their own play action pass deep to Gordon, but the ball sails a bit as Johnny is hit as he throws. Roman Harper is able to pick the pass off and return it back to the Browns side of the field.

On the following drive Carolina uses their run game to move the ball down into the redzone, and finally is able to hit Greg Olsen over the middle for the Touchdown. 10-0 Carolina.

Towards the end of the half, Cleveland finally is able to move the ball with the run game and some quick passes. Getting into FG range to close out the half, Hartley drills it through. 10-3 Carolina.

The Browns come out in the second half, Johnny all alone in the backfield with Four WRs and Cameron out wide.. They move the ball quickly, running no huddle as Carolina struggles to keep up. Manziel hits Hawkins over the middle and he breaks a tackle and is running up the sidelines! Touchdown Browns! But wait! There's a flag on the field! The play is called back due to a questionable Offensive Pass Interference call on Josh Gordon on what was deemed a pick, but was clearly incidental contact as Gordon was running his route and ran into a defender.. Cleveland is unable to muster up enough to get the score back and settles for a FG. 10-6 Carolina.

It's the same score going into the Fourth Quarter as Cleveland and Carolina both struggle to run the ball and keep drives alive. The no huddle seen earlier seems to be gone as Cleveland has went back to the read option game which doesn't work.

Carolina has it's own problems as they drive down the field only to fumble a hand off between Anderson and Johnathan Stewart, Kruger falls on the ball and Cleveland takes over!

Cleveland catches a break when on a big 3rd down incompletion, the drive is extended when Charles Johnson is called for Roughing the Passer when his hand smacks Manziel in the helmet. They are still unable to punch it into the endzone and have to settle for another Hartley FG. 10-9 Carolina.

With 4 minutes left, and Carolina having possesion of the ball, they look to kill the clock. They are able to move the ball, and get multiple first downs and have made it to Clevelands side of the field with less than 2 minutes to go..

On 3rd and 8 on Clevelands 35 Yard Line Carolina looks to ice the game. Anderson takes the snap and drops back.. He looks left and pump fakes.. He looks right and rifles the ball to Jerricho Cotchery.. But it's picked off! ..No! It's dropped by K'Waun Williams! Williams had an open field in front of him but couldn't secure the ball!

On 4th down Carolina takes their last time out as they decide what to do.. Eventually calling Graham Gano to kick the 53 yard Field Goal to go up 4, not allowing Cleveland to win with a FG of their own..

Gano lines up and kicks it through the uprights.. But wait! A Timeout was called by Cleveland! They burned their last timeout right before the ball was snapped!

Gano seems upset with the officials and is seen arguing with Clevelands ST Coach Chris Tabor.. The camera's focus in on Gano as he can be seen mouthing "Well I'll just [EXPLETIVE DELETED] Kick it again then!"

Carolina lines up for a second FG and it's snapped and booted.. AND BLOCKED! Buster Skrine got around the edge and got his hand on the ball! K'Waun Williams scooped up the ball! There's no one to chase him down! Touchdown Browns! Williams redeems himself!

The Browns are unable to convert a 2 Point Conversion and lead 15-10 with under a Minute left to go..

Carolina comes out starting at their 20. Anderson takes the snap and drops back, he looks deep for Kelvin Benjamin but he's triple covered.. He finds Greg Olsen over the middle.. But it's picked off! Donte Whitner undercut Olsen and got the ball!

Game over! Browns Win 15-10!
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 02:38 AM
I think we lose out.

+1
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 03:17 AM
Browns - 10

Panthers - 16

Talk of drafting a QB next year is full steam ahead and the merry go round of misery continues.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 11:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart

Kelvin Benjmin and Greg Olsen are both playing very well this season.

Browns--13
Panthers--10

I think this will be an ugly and boring game from both teams.

Benjamin has insanely inflated numbers because Carolina forces the ball to him.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 11:41 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I think we lose out.

Sadly, enough, I echo this frown

I said this before the Indy game, that we lose out. I definitely have not seen anything since that would get me to change my mind.

This game will not be the embarrassment that the Cincy game was, or the Baltimore game will be. But it will be a two score loss.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 02:58 PM
No one is going to want to be the team that Manziel beats. They will go after him and we'll lose.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 03:04 PM
well the metrics indicate a 35 pouint win for us... last week they said a 27 point win -- soooooo

them 42
us 7
Evidently my metrics are about as good as our effort last week.

And we get to hear another week of JM bashing here and on ESPN.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 03:07 PM
Good Guys 17 (winner by the new toe!)

Cammy's Kids 15
Posted By: slick Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 10:56 PM
Panthers 27
Browns 16

The Manziel fan club will blame another poor performance on the offensive players and kyle Shanahan. The same 2 things they called "excuses " when it came to hoyer. ..sorry couldn't help myself
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Predictions - 12/18/14 11:11 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Panthers 27
Browns 16

The Manziel fan club will blame another poor performance on the offensive players and kyle Shanahan. The same 2 things they called "excuses " when it came to hoyer. ..sorry couldn't help myself

I don't recall people blaming Kyle for Hoyer throwing off his back foot with a wide open pocket and overthrowing people..

I do blame Kyle for this stupid Read Option crap we're running now..

Why we can't just run the offense we were running earlier in the year with Hoyer, Run the ball, Play Action Roll outs.. Ya know, basically the perfect offense for Manziel?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Predictions - 12/19/14 12:03 AM
Browns 23
Panthers 19

It's a FG fest, but the Browns manage 2 TD and 3 FG to the Panthers 1 TD and 4 FG.
Posted By: redddog Re: Predictions - 12/19/14 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
This game rides on the coaches... how do you motivate a team that was once in the playoff hunt and now virtually out of it...

I think we'll get it done.

Browns win.

I agree about it resting with the coaches. But...

I also think we've seen how they motivate.

We were 7-4 and in the thick of all the fun and post season discussions. It was awesome. And then when we needed to go out and play, we go out and take a steaming pile of crap 4 games in a row completely eliminating us from any talk and making those who thought we may not be the same joke we've been for the last 20 years look even more stupid.

Way to go guys.

We're the same joke we've been.

Browns: 6

Panthers: 27
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predictions - 12/19/14 04:11 PM
We're always the same joke every year.

Every year we show some signs of life at the beginning of the season ... enough that we get some pub.

And every year we finish the season on an incredible losing streak.

Winning the next two would go a long way to changing the stench of losing that surrounds this team, but I just don't see it happening.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Predictions - 12/19/14 04:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Every year we show some signs of life at the beginning of the season ... enough that we get some pub.

Winning the next two would go a long way to changing the stench of losing that surrounds this team, but I just don't see it happening.

I agree with this. Losing 5 in row and going 1-6 after starting 6-3 does nothing but reinforce the losing culture that has defined the Browns since '99. Sure, if you said at the beginning of the year you'd finish a 7-9 season, on the surface, it would appear to be a step in the right direction. However, losing out would be a huge step in the wrong direction toward changing the culture.

I think I read some posts on here that stated we should hope to lose out in order to improve our draft position. It's amazing just how much of a loser mentality the fans have developed as well.

Trent Dilfer actually had a pretty good interview discussing this very topic in regards to the Browns among other things yesterday on WKNR.

Here is link to the audio (it's unlikey the stream will work on an iPhone as an FYI).

Dilfer Interview
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Predictions - 12/19/14 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

I agree with this. Losing 5 in row and going 1-6 after starting 6-3 does nothing but reinforce the losing culture that has defined the Browns since '99. Sure, if you said at the beginning of the year you'd finish a 7-9 season, on the surface, it would appear to be a step in the right direction. However, losing out would be a huge step in the wrong direction toward changing the culture.

I think I read some posts on here that stated we should hope to lose out in order to improve our draft position. It's amazing just how much of a loser mentality the fans have developed as well.

Trent Dilfer actually had a pretty good interview discussing this very topic in regards to the Browns among other things yesterday on WKNR.

Here is link to the audio (it's unlikey the stream will work on an iPhone as an FYI).

Dilfer Interview

It's crazy that as fans we get so excited about having a higher draft pick. Ummm the problem with that is this is the dumbest organization on draft day. The percentage of busts is unbelievable if it wasn't Cleveland. I fully expect them to fall back to the typical 5-11 record next year if it's even going to be that good.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Predictions - 12/19/14 09:41 PM
Browns get elusive 8th win .... BROWNS 24-13 thumbsup
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Predictions - 12/20/14 05:09 PM
Cleveland Browns vs. Carolina Panthers: Plain Dealer staff predictions

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_vs_carolina_p.html

By Plain Dealer Sports
on December 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM, updated December 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Staffers from The Plain Dealer and Northeast Ohio Media Group weigh in on the Browns-Panthers game on Sunday at 1 p.m. in Bank of America Stadium:

Browns at Panthers
(Panthers favored by 3 1/2 points)

Mary Kay Cabot
Record: 8-6
Panthers 24, Browns 17
Johnny Manziel improves over last week, but Cam Newton outplays him.

Dan Labbe
Record: 8-6
Panthers 17, Browns 10
The Browns get on the scoreboard, but the Panthers get a much-needed win.

Bill Livingston
Record: 6-8
Panthers 17, Browns 14
Manziel improves, but this team is one week away from the Livy tradition of the 6-5 joke score.

Dennis Manoloff
Record: 9-5
Panthers 27, Browns 10
Browns are reeling and Panthers are at home and motivated.

Terry Pluto
Record: 7-7
Panthers 24, Browns 13
I wish I felt better about all things Brown right now, but I don't.

Tom Reed
Record: 6-8
Panthers 20, Browns 14
Losing streak reaches four.

Bud Shaw
Record: 7-7
Panthers 20, Browns 10
Somehow, Carolina still has something to play for.

Branson Wright
Record: 10-4
Panthers 20, Browns 7
Johnny is better but not Johnny B Good enough.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Predictions - 12/20/14 06:03 PM
48 to 10. browns win.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Predictions - 12/20/14 06:30 PM
id like to go back to when we were 6-3 and talking playoffs.

im guessing we play better. maybe the oline blocks this game and we run enough for a close win..20-17..i know the only one saying a win. lol
Posted By: Macguyver Re: Predictions - 12/20/14 07:04 PM
Panthers 28

Browns 0

I love this franchise, but there is nothing in the past 4 weeks to convince me that they have a clue about how to execute an offensive series. I will watch, and hope beyond hope that I am wrong. I went past the point of disappointment last week, straight to the point of hopeless resignation. We are what the record says we are. Flirting with mediocrity. Some people are happy with that. I think that fact says it all about he state of this franchise.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Predictions - 12/20/14 07:25 PM
I think Manziel plays better and after last weeks embarrassment and the hit the guys' pride took allows them to bounce back this week for a 20-17 win.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 01:54 AM
I say this every year.

There comes a point in the Browns season where it gets so bad, that they literally suck the life out of me, and after that, losing doesn't hurt any more for the rest of the year.

I think we reached that point last week. Done in by my own guy (JM).

At least we made it this far into the year, I mean Christmas is just a few days away. Usually this moment happens before the middle of October...

Tomorrow is going to suck. Either two things are going to happen..

Johnny is going to suck, because he's 22 years old, still wet behind the ears, and is in the early stages of development. Call it growing pains, call it whatever you want. To boot, it's on a team that's lost it's identity, and is beaten up and injured at that.

Or, Johnny is bust and we're all just fooling ourselves. I'm not ready to say that after a game, but of course that possibility is out there. We knew that the night we drafted him. There aren't really any sure-things in this league. If we want to stop the revolving door of Cleveland quarterbacking, you're going to have to take some chances. Sure you can have a situation like New England with Brady or Dallas with Romo, and not have to use high picks, but it's unlikely. The league is filled with more good 1st-3rd round QB than they are with good late round/undrafted QB's. The numbers don't lie. So far all the Johnny hating "I told you so" Browns fans, keep in mind that this isn't over, and even if it ends badly for him, you'll be doing this again.

As far as the matchup goes. I think Carolina's defense has to be salivating at playing a Browns offense that is doubting itself, on top of a 22 year old QB who looks lost. I think Newton plays a spirited game and Carolina hits them with an uppercut early, and the Browns struggle again.

Carolina 26, Browns 9
Posted By: Goose7 Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 05:46 AM
Panthers D seems to be playing well and I guess they have one of those D lines that the Browns struggle against. It will be close, however..
Browns 14
Panthers 16
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 12:57 PM
I am hoping we win both remaining games but I just don't see it. I hope JM plays much better to give us some hope for next year.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 01:23 PM
I expect more of the same from JF, hopefully the defense can win this game because thats the ONLY way we win or score for that matter...

JMHO
Posted By: ~Con~Artist~ Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 01:48 PM
We should at least score this week. Last week NFL Redzone wasn't working and we never scored. This week, it is back for me.
Posted By: Groza76 Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By: HewDawg
If the same team that showed up last week plays, we lose again. If the one that beat Pitt and Cinci shows up, we win and go .500 for the season.

There's only one problem----Manzel
Posted By: jfanent Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
There comes a point in the Browns season where it gets so bad, that they literally suck the life out of me, and after that, losing doesn't hurt any more for the rest of the year.

It's like succumbing to a terminal illness and resigning your fate. We haven't been able to field anything that remotely resembles an NFL offense for the past 5 weeks. The few scoring drives in that time weren't signs of potential, they were statistical outliers. This one will be ugly.
Panthers 24-3.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 05:12 PM
Late minute prediction:

Browns: 10
Carolina: 21
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Predictions - 12/21/14 05:40 PM
Brown 24 Carolina 17

Hoping to see more of JFF's drive against Buffalo instead of his melt down against Cincy.
© DawgTalkers.net