DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Injuries - 12/20/23 01:31 PM
This thread has become the most important story of the season it seems.

Stroud is probably not going to play. Nico Collins is iffy.

We have our own issues (CLEARLY), but I'm hoping Bitonio and Pocic can return ... they'd be a huge boost to our offense
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 12/20/23 02:07 PM
No doubt with the play from the tackles; we need the big three in the middle.

We need them in pass protection but we really need them in the run game.

I do not think it is a good formula to win games having Joe throwing 40 times every game. That is not sustainable. Joe will put the ball in harms way having him chucking the ball all over the yard.

We need some balance and we need the run to make play action work.

Joe has been great when we had to make plays. We do not want to make it the rule for Joe to play trailing.

With our defense get the lead. Then play a balanced game. Joe with the lead will be more cautious.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 12/20/23 03:05 PM
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 12/20/23 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
This thread has become the most important story of the season it seems.

Stroud is probably not going to play. Nico Collins is iffy.

We have our own issues (CLEARLY), but I'm hoping Bitonio and Pocic can return ... they'd be a huge boost to our offense

Every time Flacco drops back to pass our OLine has to protect him. So far, the Browns OLine has done an OK job in his 3 starts...
2 sacks in game in game #1..
1 sack in game #2..
4 sacks in game #3..

It helps when our QB is 6-6 and weighs in at 245 lbs...but the risk factor continues to increase with each pass attempt. The pressure also increases on the Browns OLine to do their best to protect Flacco. If the Browns can get the running game going it sure would help. It will take a "team effort"..GO BROWNS..!
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Injuries - 12/20/23 06:56 PM
Bitonio “couldn’t move” after the game on Sunday, lower back issues. That doesn’t bode well. I don’t know many people who just bounce back from significant lower back problems. We’ll see.

I’m curious about Z Smith, haven’t heard anything.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/20/23 07:11 PM
sounds like Pocic and Z will be back this week
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injuries - 12/20/23 07:55 PM
Pocic back would be huge. Still pulling for Bitonio. Would prefer having Dunn sub in for him, though, vs losing Pocic again.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 12/20/23 11:30 PM
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 12:49 AM
Think bitonio may have to miss another game. Might be for the best. What worries me is qe will have a short week going into jets game. So Any injuries suffered during this game will probably mean those players won't play against the jets
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 12:34 PM
Team rankings in offense and defense:

Total Defense:

Browns - 1st
Texans - 16th

Run defense:

Texans - 6th
Browns - 11th

Pass defense:

Browns - 1st
Texans - 25th

========================

Total Offense:

Texans - 10th
Browns - 17th

Pass Offense:

Texans - 5th
Browns - 21st

Rush Offense:

Browns - 10th
Texans - Titans 18th
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 02:28 PM
Their list is as long as ours.. .That's good!

In reply to the unit rankings: Their offense has been really solid lately, but that has been almost entirely because of Stroud. If he can't go, it will look a lot different. Keenum is still solid and protects the ball well, but he isn't going to destroy us with his legs.
Their strength is passing the ball, which is our strength on D. I'll take that all day. Plus, their Pass D is suspect and you KNOW we're going to be slinging it all over the place.

I think we match up well with them, but this is still going to be a very tough game.... especially since we have been utterly terrible on the road this season.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 02:47 PM
Agree with your assessment Purp. It will be a tough game for us even if CK is their QB. It’s at their place and they’re fighting for a playoff spot not to mention our injuries. Just out of curiosity Purp do you know who Sheb Wooley is?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 03:06 PM
We are basically playing to clinch. Even if we do not clinch with a win. We will be like 99% in.

Two things need to change.

One. We must be better at protecting the ball.

Two. We have to be better on the road.

IMO we can accomplish both goals by getting early leads. That of course means starting fast. With the lead all options become open. The playbook is larger on offense.

On defense it allows you to be more aggressive.

This game with the Texans is really important. We can become a more polished team.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 03:11 PM
I'm with you. I almost don't care if we win so long as the team (mainly the offense) can take that next step forward (protecting the ball).

IMO, making the playoffs won't mean diddly if the O can't improve in that specific area.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 03:17 PM
Agreed. I hope our offense starts playing well from the first series instead of waiting until the 4th quarter. Concentrate on stopping the turnovers and moving the chains. Our hope the coaches stress these points. We can’t rely on 4th quarter comebacks every game. Sooner or later we will fall short.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 05:50 PM
A win here for Houston would solidify Demeco and Cleveland’s own Nick Caserio as coach/gm of the year.

However, Despite our worries and respect for the Texans…. Browns by 4.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 06:54 PM
j/c...

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
#Texans Nico Collins practiced for second day in a row after missing a game with a strained calf and is trending toward being back for #Browns game. Jimmie Ward (concussion) returned to practice, as did Brevin Jordan, John Metchie III (illnesses) @KPRC2

Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
Not practicing #Texans Will Anderson Jr., (high ankle sprain), Blake Cashman (hamstring). Both are not expected to play Sunday against #Browns

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1737896044808048808
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 07:00 PM
The more I look at this game. The better the matchups look.

The Texans are really banged up as well. Will Anderson is hurting. That may help Hudson.

Pocic is practicing. Bitonio is day to day. He may be ready by Sunday.

Marquise Goodwin can help us. Joe has another week under his belt. He is looking for Njoku and they have a thing going on.

I think Schwartz will really make a point about winning on the Road.

We have a lot riding on this game and Stroud is not going to play.

This could be a big week for Cleveland.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 07:08 PM
good-ish news on Bitonio
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 07:15 PM
I hope Hickman is ready to fill in. He looked pretty good against the Bears.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 07:31 PM
I feel like we need to keep like 16 OLine on the roster next year.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I feel like we need to keep like 16 OLine on the roster next year.

and almost as many QBs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 07:40 PM
it seems like a ton of teams are dealing with the same OL injuries too... tons of backups playing everywhere
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 08:07 PM
it seems like a ton of teams are dealing with the same OL injuries too... tons of backups playing everywhere

I think since they went to 17 games, they should have upped the rosters to 57 or 58 instead of staying at 53.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 12/21/23 10:15 PM
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 01:00 AM
Texans are 6th against the run. With bitonio out and the left tackle Christian limited with a injured shoulder we are going to have to throw the ball most of the time. Hopefully this doesn't get ugly quick. On defense I noticed walker has gone from limited to did not participate. So maybe he tweaked his current injury and he may not play either. Thornhill as usual looks like he won't play, so we are thin at saftey and linebacker again
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 03:36 AM
Healthy Players, ought to be the name of the thread imo.

I don't care what the opponent ranked, ranks, or hopes, the Browns need to clobber them, run all over them, and run up the score on them.
I'm a Browns fan not some other teams advocate.

With all do respect to the other team, the Browns only have 3 more regular season games and I want to see More.

I think,
the Healthy, back up and starting Browns 38,
and the other team negative 2.

only negative 2 ?
Well, they are at home.

Go Browns, Dominate.
< what is William Green doing these days? Talk about a fit on this offense right now. >
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 03:21 PM
It sounds like Bitonio is going to try to play
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 04:41 PM
Walker's status was downgraded yesterday. Zadarius went from a personal day to Limited, but I think that's still an improvement over last week?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 07:16 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 09:02 PM
Walker cannot be here next year.. he's always hurt and isn't that great when he does play.. We need a good Physical linebacker with speed for the middle next year
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 09:54 PM
Texans' C.J. Stroud, Will Anderson Jr. ruled out for Browns game

The Texans have officially ruled out quarterback C.J. Stroud for Sunday’s game against Cleveland at NRG.

Stroud will miss his second consecutive game as he remains in concussion protocol. His condition has improved, but he is not yet ready to play as he did not practice all week.

Quarterback Case Keenum is expected to make another start against the Browns. Last week, he led the Texans to a 19-16 overtime victory over the Titans.

Also ruled out were linebacker Blake Cashman (hamstring) and edge rusher Will Anderson Jr. (ankle). Neither practiced this week.

Wide receiver Nico Collins, who missed last week’s game with a calf injury, was listed on the injury report as questionable. He practiced in a limited capacity and told the Chronicle on Thursday that he’s feeling much better and hopes to play.

Defensive tackle Maliek Collins, was listed as questionable with hip injury, as was linebacker Denzel Perryman, who was an Achilles injury.

Safety Jimmie Ward, who suffered a concussion Sunday, was a full participant in practice Friday and was not given an injury designation.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...-cj-stroud-out-vs-cleveland-18570200.php

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 10:00 PM
You have to have some glue guys and Walker brings leadership and intelligence to the team and position. He’s looked better this year with the improvement of JOK.

I’d bring him back on a one year deal and just keep doing that until it doesn’t make sense anymore.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/22/23 11:21 PM
well, we're a little more evened up on the injury front with those 3 out for them
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Injuries - 12/23/23 03:40 AM
Very happy the rookie phenom isn’t playing but Keenum can play and will be duly motivated. Go Browns!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 12/23/23 04:39 AM
We’ll need a dose of Joe Cool on the road, maybe he can help us win one. I bet the D shows up.
Posted By: redddog Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 02:34 AM
Hopefully we squeak this one out. Joe Cool can really solidify his legend with a road win against these clowns.

We’re slated to get a BUNCH of defensive injuries back if we make the playoffs.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 01:05 PM
Not sure but I think Wills, Dewand Jones and Hurst are done till next year.

Delpit and Ogbo could possibly return.

I like how we matchup against the Texans. I don't need more drama. I would love to win big.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 08:51 PM
Can’t watch the game, lost in the East Hampton NY woods for the holiday with very limited TV but very curious about the Hopkins injury.. any info? Did it look bad? I don’t think anyone would disagree that losing him for any stretch would be on par with some our biggest losses this season
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 08:53 PM
It's a hammy
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 09:53 PM
He tried to chase down a kick returner. Afterword he reported a hammy. In the replay he didn’t pull up lame, or grab at his hammy as he was running. My hope is it’s not a bad injury. None the less, hammies are slow to heal. My guess is we won’t see him on Thursday. Hopefully he’s back by Cinci.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 09:55 PM
Did they ever say if it was his kicking leg or his plant leg
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 10:03 PM
I’m not sure if they reported which leg was affected.
Borquez was massaging his left thigh… quad injuries are weird. Not sure what going on there.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I’m not sure if they reported which leg was affected.
Borquez was massaging his left thigh… quad injuries are weird. Not sure what going on there.

His wrist too
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injuries - 12/24/23 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Did they ever say if it was his kicking leg or his plant leg

Left hamstring. So plant leg.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 12:31 AM
If if was too painful for him to kick today, he will need to heal fast by Thursday. It wouldn’t be a Sunday night if we didn’t have to worry about injuries.
Posted By: hitt Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 01:23 AM
I wonder if it's a Jim Brown jinx- don't break my record of points- another Browns curse.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:08 AM
I can't see Dustin or Bojorquez back for Thursday, if at all now
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:14 AM
That's because you belong to the game day karen club.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
That's because you belong to the game day karen club.
what happened in the gamey day? I wasn't there all day due to family
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:16 AM
well the fact that it wasn't his kicking leg gives me hope he can get stretched out and healed up for a run, not sure if it will be thursday, I would like to think we can beat the Jets without it needing to be a last second FG, but we will def. bring one in this week I'm sure...watch it be York and he kicks a game winner
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:17 AM
You're usually in there spouting negativity. So this comment about their injuries is about what I would expect from you.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
You're usually in there spouting negativity. So this comment about their injuries is about what I would expect from you.
I am? I think I'm pretty well-balanced with what is occurring. Regardless, have a nice Christmas Eve. Enjoy the holiday.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:35 AM
You have a nice Christmas also.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 04:49 AM
I bet DRT is hurt. He took a rough hit and ran of the field oddly.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 10:29 AM
Phil Dawson is only 48 years old.
SIGN HIM UP lol
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 12:45 PM
Berry will go get a kicker and punter.

If we can get a guy who can kick a 40 yarder and a punter who is just ok.

Hopkins and Borq will heal up over the next few weeks. Three weeks hopefully will get them ready.
Posted By: jeepnstein Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Berry will go get a kicker and punter.

If we can get a guy who can kick a 40 yarder and a punter who is just ok.

Hopkins and Borq will heal up over the next few weeks. Three weeks hopefully will get them ready.

Exactly. Kickers are easy to find. Really solid ones like Hopkins are a gem but at least this year we're not losing our minds over every little thing.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:38 PM

Do you know something we don't?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent

Do you know something we don't?
Soft tissue injury (or at the very least discomfort) with a short turnaround will probably mean they both rest.

My hope is that they can return by the playoffs
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 03:25 PM
Matt Araiza solves both issues. Not saying I would pull the trigger on that move. However, he is probably hungry and ready for a shot to get back into the league.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 05:17 PM
that could be worth a shot if we deem the guys unable to play
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by vadawgfan07
Matt Araiza solves both issues. Not saying I would pull the trigger on that move. However, he is probably hungry and ready for a shot to get back into the league.

I think that would be an excellent idea. He’s cleared of wrong doing and deserves a chance, and we could use him.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 12/25/23 07:30 PM
I think he'd be an excellent choice.
© DawgTalkers.net