DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 03:40 AM
I'm gonna predict it will be the Patriots with the win, but I really don't care much who takes this one... I just hope it's a good game and not a blowout. You know?

Then again, I'd love to see the Seahawks take it all, not because I like them but just to see the look on Bill Belichick's face if his team lost.

Bill, thinking to himself: "I sold my soul to the devil and STILL LOST THIS GAME?!? What the hell happened?" (Ha-ha!)
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 04:20 AM
Seattle for the win. They play with a lot of passion, so I will be happy for them. Tired of NE.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 05:25 AM
I predict 12 of 12 footballs on the NE sideline being at the proper weight.

I also predict
+Lynch runs for >150 with 2 TDs
+Brady has as many turnovers as TDs

Seattle 31
New England 20

I'm kind of bummed I'll be in Amsterdam that Sunday with a flight back to the US the next morning...
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 03:34 PM
seattle wins.

the only weapon they have to worry about as far as passing is gronk, but i think they are top 3 in defending TE's?

Sherman is gonna fall asleep guarding eldeman, unless NE continues moving around.

actually, sherman is gonna fall sleep guarding any of them.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 04:00 PM
Brady and Belichick get their 4th rings.
Seattle was able to slow down a hobbled Rodgers at home in the rain, but a healthy Brady in a dome at a neutral site won't be so easy.
Bill has two weeks to prepare too.

I think it will be a lot like the Colts game. The game will be close at halftime but get out of control in the 2nd half. Seattle won't be blown out 45-7, but they'll lose in a convincing fashion.

37 Pats
24 Seattle
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 04:33 PM
Brady will get his 4th and last title ... JMHO wink
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 07:17 PM
Watching Indy's defense in the AFC title game was maddening..

Seattle isn't going to let NE run easy pick plays all game.

Indy's D Line doesn't even compare to Seattle's, Blount isn't going to run as free as he did..

Kam Chancelor against Gronk will be fun.

Seattle is playing the best team defense since the 02 Bucs.

I would love another 30+ point blowout.. Especially against NE.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 07:55 PM
I'm keeping true to my original prediction, Seattle goes back to back!

Seahawk's secondary suffocates Tom Brady and the New England passing attack. Edelman gets few receptions.

JMO
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/21/15 11:29 PM
Go Hawks! I DESPISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NE.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/22/15 05:01 AM
Good to see so many people will be rootin' for the Seahawks. thumbsup

I'm kinda sick of the Patriots too.... They usually win most of their games, almost always play well no matter what, have a really good QB, etc., etc. and so forth. We (Browns fans) could only hope for having those "problems" (sighs).
Posted By: Arps Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/22/15 11:39 AM
Im in the Seattle camp as well.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/22/15 02:10 PM
I'm going for the Pats. Big fan of Tom Brady, and would like to see him get another one. The Patriots reign of excellence is something I am very envious of. Maybe by pulling for them I can somehow bring good will to the Browns in the hopes it happens to them some day. smile

Sherman's act is annoying. I get the trash talking and stuff, but leave it on the field. He is going to be a huge target when his skills start to decline. And while I would love to have Wilson on this team any day of the week and twice on Sunday, I found his post game speech to be annoying as well.

I'm going with the team that I find less annoying.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/25/15 02:42 PM
I hope the Patriots get beat, just cuz of deflategate. It would serve them right.

...I just wouldn't bet on it.
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/25/15 08:03 PM
I hope the Pats win because of Deflate gate. It was a Seinfeld Show!

It wasn't cheating it was a preference of feel on the ball.

There performance actually increased after the balls were corrected.

I like the Seahawks cause I like Wilson and the Beast...and one of my best friends is a die hard fan. Outside of that I hate Pete Carroll for some reason. Just rubs me the wrong way.

BB man he's a hero of mine as a head coach. And Brady amazes me.

jmho
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/25/15 08:08 PM
Quote:
It wasn't cheating it was a preference of feel on the ball.

So if a defender prefers to tackle a WR before they catch the ball.. Then it's not cheating?

Regardless if it's against the rules.. I mean, if that's what you prefer.. then it's ok..

Cool.
You know what is amazing in today's society......... The possible violation of the rules in a Conference Championship game has garnered 8 times as many replies and 9 times as many views as the actual Super Bowl game.

Football fans?
Originally Posted By: eotab

I like the Seahawks cause I like Wilson and the Beast...and one of my best friends is a die hard fan. Outside of that I hate Pete Carroll for some reason. Just rubs me the wrong way.

jmho

USC is why I do not like Mr. Carroll...bailing right before the whole Reggie Bush...not sure if he was involved but it just smelled bad by him bailing...but that is just me.

That and I can't stand Seahawk fans up here in PDX...they drive me crazy! catfight notallthere
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You know what is amazing in today's society......... The possible violation of the rules in a Conference Championship game has garnered 8 times as many replies and 9 times as many views as the actual Super Bowl game.

Football fans?

Many people have already posted their predictions on other threads. Further, controversy always sells more than anything else.

As far as predictions, I must have missed yours on this thread. wink

I'll add mine. I usually wait until right before the game, but oh well. I think that many people do. We are just now heading into Super Bowl week.

Seattle wins 32-25.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/26/15 11:37 AM
regardless of who wins, the theme of this year's Super Bowl will be balls

Either New England wins and we talk about deflated balls

Or Seattle wins and we talk about Marshawn Lynch grabbing his balls
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/26/15 04:33 PM
How is that remotely apples to apples...come on guys have an opinion refute mine but lets get a little more realistic in the comparisons. One if a penalty that is flagged...Sometimes, I see a lot of early tackles (granted slo mo) where the defender gets there before the ball and doesn't get flagged. So I don't get your point.

What I am saying...apples to apples. If Brady and NE is to be fined, punished and criticized so should Rodgers and the Packers. Same rule, same breaking of the rule - preference of feel for the ball regarding PSI

Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/26/15 11:29 PM
I predict I'll be as drunk as Manziel by halftime and full of everything I love that's clogging my arteries. The second half I won't care about because I don't care about the first either.
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I predict I'll be as drunk as Manziel by halftime

as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he started
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was the backup
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was inactive
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/26/15 11:52 PM
Originally Posted By: no_logo_required

as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he started
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was the backup
or
as drunk as Manziel by halftime of a game he was inactive

Wait... Are we talking Madden here?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/27/15 03:13 AM
So I googled vegas line, and says New England -1, which makes me feel goode because the other night I was thinking to myself, reason what should the line be, and I came up with ne by 2 heres how. Its a super bowl so I figure it this way. If it were a regular game next week and Seattle's home, whats the line, ... Seattle by 5. 2nd If it were a regular season game next week, NE at home, .. Ne by 3, ok so, neutral field the difference is Seattle by 2. But its the super bowl and if it's fixed one team has to be favored by more than a little . Not that it's fixed, the super bowl is different than a reg season or playoff game because national betters will bet, so by that I'd put NE as having more natl fans, because of the last 13 years or so.

So I'd stop the seattle by 2 and move it 2 pts back to even line, but then can't have a SB at even line, so I'd go with the last thing I did and add to it, moving the line again toward Ne favored 2 more points and say Ne -2 should be the line. Then I'd look at the real line and try to figure out where I think it's wrong.

Pretty sure one of these teams is going to blow the other one out.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/27/15 08:35 AM

grin
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/27/15 10:29 AM
New England is a LOT more talented and better coached than Denver last year. I've picked Seattle from the beginning, might as well stick with them now. This is an insanely hard game to pick.
Posted By: rockdogg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/27/15 07:26 PM
New England will win by cheating.
j/c

NE 20
Seattle 28
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/27/15 10:12 PM
I'm not gonna lie...i have a feeling it's gonna be a massacre by Seattle. Brady is about as big of a statue in the pocket as they come. I'm thinking about six sacks.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/28/15 02:27 AM
'Browner tells Pats to hit Sherman, Thomas where it hurts'

http://www.foxsports.com/san-diego/story...it-hurts-012715

AP

Jan 27, 2015

Brandon Browner is telling his New England teammates not to hold back against Seattle's Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas.

In an interview with ESPN, Browner talked about the toughness both Sherman and Thomas showed in the NFC championship game playing with injuries. Sherman suffered a sprained elbow, while Thomas suffered a separated shoulder.

But Browner said he would also target those injuries.

"I'm going to tell my teammates go hit that elbow, or go hit that shoulder," Browner said in the interview.

Asked if he would tell his teammates that, Browner said, "Most definitely."

"Try and break it if you can. You're going to be my best friend after the game, but at the end of the day I know you want the Super Bowl as bad as I do," Browner said.

Asked about Browner's comments, Seattle players didn't seem to take offense.

"I would expect nothing less. This is the Super Bowl. What do you expect?" Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin said. "I understand the fans want it to be classy, said publicly, and everything to be said politically correct, but that is the truth of the matter. We want this game just as much as they do and they want this game just as much as we do. I expect nothing less from Brandon Browner. We go after them in an aggressive fashion just as much as they are going to go after us."

BELICHICK DEFLECTS PRAISE: Bill Belichick wouldn't answer any more questions about deflated footballs, but he was in a joking mood by the end of his 15-minute news conference.

After former NFL tight end Johnny Mitchell, who now works for ESPN Brazil, softened the coach with endearing praise before asking him how he'd like to be remembered, Belichick replied: "If we have an opening on our staff, if you'd like it, we'll put you out in front there."

The dour Belichick even cracked a big smile and everyone laughed out loud.

"I appreciate the compliments, but again, it's really not about that right now for me," he said, regarding his legacy. "What it's about for me is this week and our matchup with the Seattle Seahawks.

"What did or didn't happen in any of other five, six Super Bowls I coached, five Super Bowls as a head coach, three that I was involved in as an assistant, this now being the ninth one, this is the one that is really important."

LIGHTING THE WAY: In a season during which the NFL has seen more controversy than it could ever anticipate, it would not surprise anyone if the Super Bowl were decided by a replay challenge being upheld or overturned.

So the NFL is making sure it has the best possible technology for those replays.

This season, University of Phoenix Stadium became the first NFL venue illuminated with high output LED Lighting. Not only does such lighting dramatically reduce energy usage by more than 75 percent, but the Ephesus LED system provides much more light evenly distributed throughout the playing surface than ever before.

For the Super Bowl, Ephesus Lighting engineers expect to provide nearly 20 percent more light than ever for an NFL game.

"The way we are lighting the field for Super Bowl 49 will allow NBC cameras to get more clarity and a greater depth of focus," said Joe Casper, founder of Ephesus Lighting.

"As a result they will be able to zoom in tighter on replays and super slow motion without the flicker-effect or blurriness that is often associated with zooming in. This should help replay officials have the best possible pictures to make the right call.

"When we went into the sports LED lighting business we wanted to focus on three attributes," Casper added. "We wanted to improve player performance, give the fans at home and at the game a better experience, and reduce energy usage. The ability to help referees make the right call is an added benefit that may help change the outcome of a game for the better one day."

NEW HATS: The first thing Seahawks and Patriots players received as gifts when they reached Phoenix were new hats.

As they got off their charters at Sky Harbor Airport, they were handed special New Era hats that feature reflective material both on the top of the cap's visor and the under-brim. When exposed to a camera flash, even from a phone, it emboldens the Super Bowl logo and the date and location of the game.

Even Patriots owner Robert Kraft readily accepted one, and tight end Rob Gronkowski reached back to get an extra souvenir.

(end)
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/28/15 02:36 AM
Quote:
But Browner said he would also target those injuries.

"I'm going to tell my teammates go hit that elbow, or go hit that shoulder," Browner said in the interview.

Asked if he would tell his teammates that, Browner said, "Most definitely."

Aaron Rodgers has an injured calf.. So he's not as mobile.. So we're going to blitz him more than we usually would..

Aaron Rodgers has an injured calf.. So I'm going to step on it..

Browner is leaning toward the latter of those two ideas.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/28/15 02:55 AM
Well, I just read on CNN, " Blizzard clobbers New England" , so it's settled, Seattle wins big.

Now that that's settled, I think the Hare is going to beat the turtle. It's no contest, bunny's are cuter, faster, and they eat better things. Turtles just ruin fishing.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/28/15 03:12 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Now that that's settled, I think the Hare is going to beat the turtle. It's no contest, bunny's are cuter, faster, and they eat better things. Turtles just ruin fishing.

What's the Vegas line on Hare/Turtle?

Turtle +1000?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/28/15 04:58 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, so while I always watch the SB, I don't usually have one team I heavily root for. However, I do usually choose one team to root for.

This year it's the Seahawks. The reason being is that I believe they are the better "team". Wilson is a fine QB but not a "Tom Brady" QB.

I believe the Seahawks are more old school. They depend on their D and the overall play of their team more than anything. It's a concept I like.

So while I won't make a prediction, I'll be pulling for a Seahawks victory.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 01/31/15 05:20 AM
'Super Bowl XLIX - Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots: Plain Dealer staff predictions'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/super_bowl_xlix_-_seattle_seah.html

By Plain Dealer Sports on January 30, 2015 at 2:04 PM, updated January 30, 2015 at 2:55 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Staffers from The Plain Dealer and Northeast Ohio Media Group weigh in on Super Bowl XLIX between the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots on Sunday at 6:30 p.m. at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Ariz.:

Seahawks vs. Patriots
(Patriots favored by 1 point)

Mary Kay Cabot
Record: 10-6
Seahawks 28, Patriots 27
Patriots have their championship hopes deflated.

Dan Labbe
Record: 10-6
Seahawks 24, Patriots 21
"Beast Mode" goes beast mode and holds the most awkward MVP press conference ever.

Bill Livingston
Record: 8-8
Patriots 21, Seahawks 17
Seahawks unable to overcome poor field position in the domed stadium, a result of punting completely flat footballs all game. Roger Goodell blames dry Arizona desert air.

Dennis Manoloff
Record: 11-5
Patriots 24, Seahawks 21
The Patriots' offense receives a lot of attention -- deservedly so. But this game is won by their defense and special teams.

Terry Pluto
Record: 9-7
Patriots 27, Seahawks 24
A good Super Bowl and one last title for Belichick and Brady.

Tom Reed
Record: 8-8
Seahawks 23, Patriots 20
Seattle becomes first team to go back-to-back since the Patriots of 2003-04.

Bud Shaw
Record: 9-7
Seahawks 23, Patriots 20
Seahawks should have lost to Green Bay, but that works for them. They won't have two games like that in a row.

Branson Wright
Record: 12-4
Seahawks 30, Patriots 24
As always, Seahawks CB Richard Sherman will get the last word.

(end)
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 04:55 AM
asking our family (who usually gets it right)
Alexander(17) high functioning autistic - New England because of Tom Brady.
Edwin (16) - New England because they are the better team
Hubby Jim - New England, because of Belichick
Me - Seattle (lesser of 2 evils), because they have a fantastic defense and I think they can stop Brady.

Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 08:07 PM
NEW ENGLAND WINS .... JMHO thumbsup
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 08:41 PM
Seattle 27 New England 24
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 09:41 PM
The BelliBoys of NE find a way, 27-24.

Kind of the Indifference Bowl for me and my friends.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 10:40 PM
It's about time to rock! Go Seahawks!!!
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:25 PM
Hated that national anthem...
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:29 PM
I know it's simple, but these teams are what real talent looks like.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:37 PM
Go Hawks. Defense wins this game....I hope!
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:37 PM
Sweet to watch!
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:38 PM
Refs blow the first call of the game.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:41 PM
Well I am not willing to travel so here I can sit at home...

Bad call by the refs... already! tsktsk
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:50 PM
Wonder who and how they checked the balls for this game. INT Hawks!!!!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:55 PM
Brady's mechanics looked like Manziel's on that INT.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

Lol, maybe they're overflated now! rofl

But they should have called that Seahawk defender for leading with the helmet. PaUl Kruger got flagged for even lesser than that hit to Brady.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

Lol, maybe they're overflated now! rofl

But they should have called that Seahawk defender for leading with the helmet. PaUl Kruger got flagged for even lesser than that hit to Brady.

Yeah, they are letting alot go. Letting them play ball.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/01/15 11:59 PM
That favors the hawks
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:00 AM
Holy crap block in the back on wilson dance and no call.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:08 AM
Collinsworth said it best, you MUST win your 1 on 1 battle to beat Seattles defense. Having a scheme protect you gets you beatdown like Denver was last year.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:13 AM
Seattles WRs are getting beat up by New Englands secondary
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:17 AM
Getting a taste of their own medicine.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Getting a taste of their own medicine.

EXACTLY.

Not having a tight end is going to kill Seattle. Jamie Collins is basically allowed to do whatever he wants with zero fear of repercussions.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:26 AM
WTH was that commercial Nationwide?

Get insurance to get money for dead kids?
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:27 AM
Gz is Wilson going to get anything going?
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:29 AM
These WRs need to start making plays like THAT
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:29 AM

Two plays after I said that, he bombs one deep... go Hawks!!!!!!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:36 AM

Two plays after I said that, he bombs one deep... go Hawks!!!!!!

Seattle has a lucky horse shoe up their butt.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: candyman92
WTH was that commercial Nationwide?

Get insurance to get money for dead kids?

I think what they meant was, 'be careful'. Being an insurance company, I imagine they have the statistics on how each one of us is going to go.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:40 AM
Having small kids, things like that are a wake up call.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:45 AM
Pats look like the better team.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:47 AM
Why the hell would Seattle put KJ Wright on Gronk.

Too easy.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:56 AM
Wow, gutsy play!
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:56 AM
You've gotta be ballsy on the biggest stage
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:58 AM
what a game so far!! way better than last years!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:59 AM
They had like 39 seconds to go the length of the field and they did it.

That was pathetic if you're the Patriots.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:01 AM
Actually I think it was 29 seconds.
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:10 AM
what the hell is she riding?
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:11 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
what the hell is she riding?

Tiger...roar...eye of the tiger
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:12 AM
Commercials are awful so far. Only decent ones were the Doritos guy on the plane and the Nissan "with dad" commercial.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: Squires
Commercials are awful so far. Only decent ones were the Doritos guy on the plane and the Nissan "with dad" commercial.

I agree. Not really diggin' the half time show either.
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:14 AM
i shouldve watched this halftime show high.

this show is....crazy looking. their outfits and background stuff.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:14 AM
Kinda looks like it was prerecorded.
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:17 AM
this missy elliot song is STILL hot!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:21 AM
With that wrist strap on her mic it looks like she's singing into a Wii remote!
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:25 AM
Nationwide's killing children, Budweiser is sending puppies out to fight wolves, Dove making Dads and Girls feel the feelings.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:25 AM
Was that kid responsible for the air pressure in that ball?
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:29 AM
yo...the run like a girl commercial was crazy...especially since it was made by the period company lmao. my wife was dying when they showed the logo at the end.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:39 AM
I guess WR's can be found anywhere ... superconfused
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:40 AM
well, a short qb can get it done it seems..

lets hope are qb can learn from Wilson
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:41 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not by the Browns. Apparently.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:41 AM
Yes they can ... do we have hope ... superconfused
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:45 AM
It's crazy how much confidence Seattle plays with.

Not by the Browns. Apparently.

Actually, Chris Matthews was an undrafted free agent that signed with the Browns out of Kentucky. Had a good preseason and I think he spent some time on our practice squad a couple years ago.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:49 AM
Is there a more elusive player than Wilson?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:50 AM
Pats are done I think.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:51 AM
Lynch is a beast. What a run. Also noticed no sick goofy celebration in the end zone in the first half after the TD. TD Hawks!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:51 AM
Is there a more elusive player than Wilson?

Yes, the unnamed franchise QB we've all been looking for! rofl
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:52 AM
this seems to be a Seattle victory
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:52 AM
This game might be over - Hawks look like the better team right now
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:52 AM
Pats are done I think.

Sounds good to me!
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:53 AM
Ebb and flow
Why is 'spinning' the ball a penalty, but 'spiking ' the ball isn't?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:56 AM
Looks like allowing Seattle to score with only 30 seconds left in the half was pretty heart breaking for the Pats.

Man, Sherman is such an ass.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:57 AM
'cause Roger Goodell is in charge.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:01 AM
New England looks defeated.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:02 AM
Tom Brady now looking slow and off... that was a 3 and out they needed to get points out of. The Seahawks offense is clicking now and they're milking the clock out with beast mode.

Seahawk linemen Bennet (sp?) is destroying it!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:05 AM
Brady looks like Manning looked against the Colts ... like he has no arm outside of 10 yards
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:05 AM
Forgot who said it, but one NFL commentator said that it takes Wilson the 1st half to warm up.

Looks to me like he's warmed up.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:07 AM
Seattle got greedy there.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:13 AM
Seattle has to be on PEDs.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:14 AM
That 3rd down stop at the start of the 4th quarter, that was strong, not sure the Pats can come back from that one.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:18 AM
Pats need a TD on this drive or its over
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:19 AM
Brady has got to get points on the board this drive.

Haha, and he just took a big sack
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:26 AM
Couple unreal passes on that drive
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:26 AM
These two qbs really just depress me as a Browns fan
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:26 AM
Wow...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:27 AM
Nice score. I want to see the Pats throw the game winning TD on Sherman.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:28 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
These two qbs really just depress me as a Browns fan

Yes, the list of woulda, coulda, shoulda just keeps growing...
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:31 AM
Now here is a big drive for Wilson and company! Seattle play action is working very well
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:33 AM
Bad no call on the trip... that would have been a huge play for Seattle... now it's 4th down
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:46 AM
Plenty of time for the hawks to take this back!
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:47 AM
I predicted that Seattle and NE would be in the SB. I was right.

I predicted that Seahawks would win... I "may" be wrong on that one... 2:02 on the clock, down by 4.
Posted By: MrDNA Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:47 AM
Gonna be a finish here!
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:48 AM
Nice catch by Lynch!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:53 AM
Dangerous throw there...
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:54 AM
OMG HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a circus catch! Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:56 AM
That is gonna go down in history as the craziest yet!!!!!!!
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:56 AM
whooooaaaa what a crazy catch
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:57 AM
Horseshoe up their butt.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:57 AM
Wow... and that is the ballgame right there, that was a Manziel/Weeden like throw/decision there.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:58 AM
I stand corrected!
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:59 AM
Wow... and that is the ballgame right there, that was a Manziel/Weeden like throw/decision there.

And Colinworths said it best, a stupid play call. Just bad on all sides. Sherman looks like he's about to cry.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:59 AM
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Dangerous throw there...

Stupid play. Run it in.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:59 AM
What a dumb play call by Seahawks
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:59 AM

Yep, shoulda run it in.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:00 AM
Pete you just got out coached.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:00 AM
UNBELIEVEABLE !!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:00 AM
why didn't they just pound the rock with lynch?

wow a dumb call. thats on the coach.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:02 AM
Grow up guys! You lost, just take it.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:03 AM
Seattle...a classless bunch of sore losers...epitome of Richard Sherman.

I love it.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:03 AM

Why do you guys always have to include the Browns in another teams stupidity .... flamingmad
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:04 AM

I love it.

Sucks, I was half heartedly rooting for them, but c'mon. They made one more play than you did. Be sportsmen about it.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:05 AM
You have Marshawn Lynch inside the 1 yard line and you pass it. NFL coaches know more than me, but Seattles OC got cute.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:05 AM
garbage playcall
Posted By: anarchy2day Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:06 AM
why didn't they just pound the rock with lynch?

wow a dumb call. thats on the coach.

I agree. Seattle had a typical 4-12 or 5-11 Browns season play called. How the hell do you not just pound the ball with Lynch or run Wilson on a naked bootleg or something? Throwing the ball from the 1-yd line? Incredibly stupid call! Fantastically stupid!
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:06 AM
Originally Posted By: candyman92
You have Marshawn Lynch inside the 1 yard line and you pass it. NFL coaches know more than me, but Seattles OC got cute.

Exactly! Bone headed call
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:07 AM

I love it.

Me too. What a great ending. Loved it!
Posted By: anarchy2day Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:08 AM

Why do you guys always have to include the Browns in another teams stupidity .... flamingmad

Have you seen much Browns football for the past dozen years? These are the kinds of decisions that we've seen from the Browns in similar situations.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:08 AM
Pete, why didn't you run Lynch?

Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:09 AM
What was the playcall there? Red Middle 88?
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:09 AM
Stupidest play call I've ever seen. Ever. Legitimately.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:09 AM
I wish you all would leave the Browns out of Seattle's crazy calls ... I mean Darrell Bevall isn't our OC is he!!!! superconfused
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:10 AM
jc

Sick of Tom Brady.

Stupidest playcall ever by the Seahawks.

Overall, good game. For the Super Bowl, I just want to see a close game like we did tonight.
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:11 AM
I wish you all would leave the Browns out of Seattle's crazy calls ... I mean Darrell Bevall isn't our OC is he!!!! superconfused

Until tonight, I thought the Browns were the only team that made play calls as stupid as that.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:12 AM
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Stupidest play call I've ever seen. Ever. Legitimately.

+1

That was the biggest overthink by a coach EVER. Its one freaking yard and you have Lynch. RUN IT!

wow!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:12 AM
Originally Posted By: anarchy2day

Have you seen much Browns football for the past dozen years? These are the kinds of decisions that we've seen from the Browns in similar situations.

NO I have only has season tickets since 89
tsktsk superconfused
Posted By: anarchy2day Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:15 AM
Originally Posted By: anarchy2day

NO I have only has season tickets since 89
tsktsk superconfused

Okay, then why are you asking why Browns fans who've watched the same team as you make such references? You know the answer.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:15 AM
Oh chill bro... it was just a pun really to the fact it was just a bad play call and more so, a bad decision/throw by Wilson.

I really didn't want NE to win, then after having to hear about deflated footballs for all that time, I absolutely despised NE to win and heh, they end up taking the glory.

Blah.
Posted By: Kardyak Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:16 AM
dumbest play call i have ever seen in an NFL game. i haven't even seen that in a preseason game, let alone a superbowl game. i have never been so shocked about 2 teams i couldn't care less about.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:19 AM
Tom Brady named Super Bowl XLIX MVP
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:21 AM
Is the QB ever not the MVP?
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:23 AM
jc

Sick of Tom Brady.

I notice a good number of people on the board dislike successful quarterbacks like Brady, Manning, etc., seemingly for no other reason than they are successful. That seems odd to me. Is it just because the Browns have had such terrible QBs? Is it jealousy? Just seems strange to be so against really good players especially when they aren't in your division or have not been shown to be horrible people.
Posted By: Jester Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Kardyak
dumbest play call i have ever seen in an NFL game. i haven't even seen that in a preseason game, let alone a superbowl game. i have never been so shocked about 2 teams i couldn't care less about.

Most ridiculous call I have ever seen. How do you not run Lynch there?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:27 AM
j/c

Seattle has been my 'second team' since they joined the league in '76.
I was behind them all the way in the NFC.
I was behind them all the way in this game.

But the instant I saw that backfield empty for the 2nd & goal, I knew they'd lost the game. You hand that ball off to the guy who just punished 4 defenders for 5 yards on the previous play, and collect your jewelry. The absolute WORST play-call that could have been made.

"Situational football" + Seahawks = epic fail.

As much as I wanted to see them defeat NE, all I can say is this:

My team deserved to lose.
Pure and simple.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:33 AM
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
jc

Sick of Tom Brady.

I notice a good number of people on the board dislike successful quarterbacks like Brady, Manning, etc., seemingly for no other reason than they are successful. That seems odd to me. Is it just because the Browns have had such terrible QBs? Is it jealousy? Just seems strange to be so against really good players especially when they aren't in your division or have not been shown to be horrible people.

I like Brady, Brees, & Rodgers especially. I hate Manning because I think he ruined football.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:39 AM
The definition of a stupid play call is not because it failed.. it is because the obvious call is so much better of a choice that you are a fool for ignoring it.
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:40 AM
It's more the patriots then just Brady. It has nothing to do with the Browns. I just get tired of seeing the team win over and over. Just like I got sick of the Yankees always in the World Series.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:40 AM
when they made the catch near the endzone I said play calls should be Lynch, Lynch, Lynch, Lynch. over thought coaching.
Posted By: PDR Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:41 AM
Someone refute my point...

I just watched a coach lose a Super Bowl.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:42 AM
You just watched an offensive coordinator lose the Super Bowl.... Horrible call...but you have to give credit to the pats defender - hell of a play on the ball
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 03:43 AM
Originally Posted By: PDR

Carroll claims they ran that play cause they were "playing for 3rd and 4th down"

Wow dude.

You have the best RB in the game, who hasnt had a negative carry all night.

Run the ball. Run it again. And run it again..
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 04:06 AM
Originally Posted By: PDR

It it really a point though? I think it's pretty obvious to everyone who watched.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 04:27 AM
The Seattle pass call on 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line with one of the best running backs in the world in the backfield is.........
THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST CALL IN FOOTBALL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 04:32 AM
What a game. Glad my son was there to see it.
Man, think about this.

Robert Kraft has owned the Patriots for 21 years. This was their 7th Super Bowl appearance during his ownership. Man, that is one appearance every 3 years, on average. crazy

Let's look at what he did. 1st and foremost, he found his coach, and let that coach build a system. Remember that Belichick was 5-11 in his 1st year, and it cost a high price for the Patriots to get him as their coach. Many scoffed at the price the Pats paid in draft picks. It was well worth it though. The Belichick filled his team with "B rate" players. He signed a lot of pieces, that few teams fought him for, but who fit his team concept, and his schemes on both sides of the ball. Granted, he also got very lucky in having Tom Brady come along, but he got his schemes in, with a lot of players who were far from being the prizes free agents, and superstars of the league. We also need to find the players who fit. This past year made clear that certain players on the team don't fit. We need help on the DL, and pass rushers in order to run Pettine's schemes. We need to find those players, and if we find 3-4 of them this year, I think that we can take a huge step forward next year.

HI just saw this. How weird is it that the coach before Bill Belichick in New England was ...... Pete Carroll.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:05 AM
Trent Dilfer saying this was the "best performance" by Tom Brady just leaves me scratching my head..

My problem with Brady has always been, that when he won his first 3 SBs, he wasn't even "Tom Brady" yet.. he rode a great defense to those first 3 SBs.. But he was automatically the greatest everbecause HE won 3 SBs..
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:14 AM
What in the world does your ANNOYING sig mean? Were you drunk when you posted it??

"Johnny Manziel takes over for a struggling Brian Hoyer and the Browns finish 7-9"

WTF?
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:26 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What in the world does your ANNOYING sig mean? Were you drunk when you posted it??

"Johnny Manziel takes over for a struggling Brian Hoyer and the Browns finish 7-9"

WTF?

Johnny Manziel took over for Hoyer, we finished 7-9.. but as we know now, it sucked..

If I had said preseason, that Manziel would take over for Hoyer, and wed finish 7-9.. you could assume, looking forward to next season as a positive.. its all in the wording..
Posted By: Knight Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:42 AM
I really got tired of hearing Chris Collinsworth kiss the seahawks ass all night, especially after the classless fight at the end when they knew it was over.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Knight
I really got tired of hearing Chris Collinsworth kiss the seahawks ass all night, especially after the classless fight at the end when they knew it was over.

The amount of emotion that everyone on the field went through on a 10 second time period..

That game went from being over in one play.. to being OVER in one play..
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 08:33 AM
I recorded the game, went to sleep, just watched it.

In the third quarter, I thought it might even turn out that Seattle was gonna end up creaming the Patriots. Nope. Wow! As it turned out...what an ending! Even the fighting was fun to watch.

Too bad the season is over, I'd LOVE to see them play each other again. Good game! Too bad Seattle lost, but I guess I really don't care. I figured the Pats would win. It all came down to that interception.

- I always have thought that they should have the Super Bowl on a Saturday night.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 08:56 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

WTF?

Ah, the old SuperBrown is back - finally!

-I just wanted to add that Katy Perry should drop about 20 pounds or so. Her legs look a bit on the thick side, at least to me. Also she sounded like Rosie O'Donnell when she talks (when she wasn't lip syncing).

-They should have Metallica play the halftime show.

-I'm no fan of rap but I really liked that Missy Elliott came out and did 'Get Your Freak On.' I love that song, it has that dark devil sound goin' for it. The backup vocals remind me of something Marilyn Manson would do.

Back to football: It was a really good game. Couldn't of asked for a more exciting ending. Too bad the Pats won again, but whatever.

The bad part? We gotta wait another 6 months for NFL football to start again... Probably actually around 7 months, if you don't count preseason.....
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 11:03 AM
Coaches always say their job is to put players in the best possible scenario for success. We just saw an offensive coordinator ROB his team of a Super Bowl. An entire offseason and regular season was ruined because of 1 mans stupidity / huberus. Bevel can try to give smart azz answers or coach speak to justify his garbage, but at the end of the day his name will be known infamously for his decision.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 11:32 AM
The Patriots were the ones that almost got robbed in their third straight Super Bowl. You had The Catch, The Drop, and The Catch part II. Their OC should have never been in a position to call that play to begin with. Wilson was heaving it up all night and hoping for the best. And it kept bouncing Seattles way. The catch by Kearse was so improbable I felt my earlier post about Seattle having a horse shoe up their butt to be spot on. Have you ever seen so many things bounce the right way for a team going back to the championship game against the Packers? It's crazy. The interception was merely the football Gods evening things out.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:08 PM
The Patriots were the ones that almost got robbed in their third straight Super Bowl. You had The Catch, The Drop, and The Catch part II. Their OC should have never been in a position to call that play to begin with. Wilson was heaving it up all night and hoping for the best. And it kept bouncing Seattles way. The catch by Kearse was so improbable I felt my earlier post about Seattle having a horse shoe up their butt to be spot on. Have you ever seen so many things bounce the right way for a team going back to the championship game against the Packers? It's crazy. The interception was merely the football Gods evening things out.

I forgot about that catch by Kearse! At first I thought the ball hit the turf, but nope! It was a great freakin' catch! Talk about keepin' your eye(s) on the ball!!!
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:36 PM
The Patriots were the ones that almost got robbed in their third straight Super Bowl. You had The Catch, The Drop, and The Catch part II.

Now you have "The Call". I hope Belichick remembers to send Darrell Bevell a souvenir from Disneyland.
Posted By: Dave Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:47 PM
Bevell has now become a verb for over-thinking and being too clever by half. If thats not bad enough, he then proceeds to throw his WR down the stairs.

Darrell Bevell hints Ricardo Lockette could have been more physical on pivotal play

by Mike Wilkening
February 2, 2015
PFT

Because it ended in the game-clinching interception in Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks’ decision to throw on the New England one-yard line in the final minute Sunday night will be a part of NFL lore for years to come.

Criticism has fallen on Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell for the second-down call resulting in an interception by Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler, securing a 28-24 win for New England. And in the immediate aftermath, Carroll showed accountability, taking the blame for the call and explaining time and again to reporters why Seattle was throwing instead of handing off to Marshawn Lynch.

For his part, Bevell has also taken ownership of the call, per John Boyle of the Everett (Wash.) Herald.

However, Bevell also indicated wide receiver Ricardo Lockette — the intended target on the play — could have showed more strength finishing his route. Lockette was knocked off the ball by Butler, who ran through the receiver and made the pick in a spectacular effort.

“We could have done a better job staying strong on the ball,” Bevell said afterwards, according to Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune. (A nod to SBNation.com for finding the News Tribune‘s report.)

The Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta also observed Bevell had suggested Lockette needed to be stronger, as did Boyle of the Everett Herald.

The lamenting about the Seahawks’ final offensive play won’t stop anytime soon. While Bevell might be right about Lockette, there’s no escaping that Seattle passed at a curious time — and failed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-pivotal-play/
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 12:49 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Man, think about this.

Robert Kraft has owned the Patriots for 21 years. This was their 7th Super Bowl appearance during his ownership. Man, that is one appearance every 3 years, on average. crazy

Let's look at what he did. 1st and foremost, he found his coach, and let that coach build a system. Remember that Belichick was 5-11 in his 1st year, and it cost a high price for the Patriots to get him as their coach. Many scoffed at the price the Pats paid in draft picks. It was well worth it though. The Belichick filled his team with "B rate" players. He signed a lot of pieces, that few teams fought him for, but who fit his team concept, and his schemes on both sides of the ball. Granted, he also got very lucky in having Tom Brady come along, but he got his schemes in, with a lot of players who were far from being the prizes free agents, and superstars of the league. We also need to find the players who fit. This past year made clear that certain players on the team don't fit. We need help on the DL, and pass rushers in order to run Pettine's schemes. We need to find those players, and if we find 3-4 of them this year, I think that we can take a huge step forward next year.

HI just saw this. How weird is it that the coach before Bill Belichick in New England was ...... Pete Carroll.

And Kraft hired him.. He inherited Parcells!

Kraft has only hired 2 coached since he's owne the Pats. Carroll and Belichick.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 01:55 PM
So morning after and I feel the exact same... incredibly dumb call to not hand it off to Lynch. Easy, secure victory of the superbowl that Pete and company blew.
Posted By: bigf00t Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:09 PM
monumentally stupid play call- arguably lynch is one of the top three rb's in the league, 2nd down, 1 time out and 30 seconds left. How he doesn't get the ball three more times there is really unexplainable.

I guess Cheaters do prosper.......
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 02:46 PM
The crazy part about it was just how fast that whole darn game turned around. I was like, "They (Seattle) got this," and the next thing you know, they don't.
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 04:13 PM
Seahwaks OC should get the MVP, not Brady.
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
What was the playcall there? Red Middle 88?

Not often do I laugh out loud over a post on this board. YOU, sir, have joined the short list of people that have done it.
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight

Chris Collinsworth is one of my least favorite announcers. For a man who is supposed to be a football expert, he tends to say some pretty dumb things on a consistent basis. For some reason when I hear Chris Collinsworth announce, I think I'm hearing Skip Bayless. Both are on the same level.
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:31 PM
Seahwaks OC should get the MVP, not Brady.

With that being said, I thought Edelman should have gotten the MVP. His hussle and yards after the catch was pretty spectacular all night. The man destroyed his matchups all night. Brady left more out there on the field, in my opinion.
Wow, New England really let the air outta that stadium, didn't they?
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 05:40 PM
Yeah, I would have given it to Edelman or the DB Butler before I would have given it to Brady. The 37 out of 50 and 4TDs look nice but when you figure in that all he did was throw 5 yds passes and also threw 2INTs you realize he didn't really carry the team.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 06:18 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Wow, New England really let the air outta that stadium, didn't they?

It certainly left the Seahawk fans deflated.
Posted By: PDR Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 06:27 PM
Lost about $300 on that idiotic play call.

Came up big on a LaFell TD at 9/1 odds early on, which put me in the black for the game, but what a frustrating way to end it.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: bigf00t
monumentally stupid play call- arguably lynch is one of the top three rb's in the league, 2nd down, 1 time out and 30 seconds left. How he doesn't get the ball three more times there is really unexplainable.

I guess Cheaters do prosper.......

Plus, he just had made that huge 40 yard catch, you know he was in the zone and wanted the football.

I don't get it and lol @ Hawk coordinator getting mvp, good one!! thumbsup
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 06:36 PM
In regardes to throwing it on 2nd down, with the plan being to run, use your TO and run again..

I understand the idea... But..

Im not running a slant.. if im going to throw it, im running a fade to the back corner, basically a pass that only a great catch can be made.. possibly fake the slant and then run the fade even..

But mostly I would of just ran it 3 straight times.. if they stop me.. good on them..
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 07:31 PM
j/c...

You need two superstars to become a Championship team.
1. At HC
2. At QB
Ron Wolf

Does anyone define that better than BB & Brady...maybe Paul Brown and Otto Graham wink Lombardi & Starr will give them a run.

On the last play - bad call. But great coaching. the kid Butler a rookie watched film with the coaches and remembered a tendency he saw near that goal line. When Seattle came out in Stack they were going to run a short pick play. He remembered his coaching he knew it was coming...he anticipated it. He won the game for the Pats!

Yeah it was a bad call. But it was the good coaching on the other side that got the win. Play to call was a read option left.

jmho - great game!

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 08:31 PM
Quote:
Play to call was a read option left.

play fake/ bootleg left would have worked, too.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Run the read, Lynch going left to right, if the D caves on him, Wilson walks in for the TD..

Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/02/15 09:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Run the read, Lynch going left to right, if the D caves on him, Wilson walks in for the TD..

Exactly ... If your train of thought is, "Everyone's thinks we're running Lynch here, so we should go pass" ... then you should at LEAST make it look like you're going to go to Lynch. A play-action bootleg is perfect in these situations, because of just that.

Going shotgun pretty much took away any element of surprise.
Great game, I don't have a lot of thoughts to it, other than I'm really glad it wasn't the Browns in that spot last night. I think I may have given up on pro football for good.

At least Seattle had last year. Seriously, what an awful way to lose a football game, let alone the one watched by more people than any other football game.

If that had been us, it would have easily gotten one of those patented nicknames.
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Great game, I don't have a lot of thoughts to it, other than I'm really glad it wasn't the Browns in that spot last night. I think I may have given up on pro football for good.

At least Seattle had last year. Seriously, what an awful way to lose a football game, let alone the one watched by more people than any other football game.

If that had been us, it would have easily gotten one of those patented nicknames.

I told my GF if we lost a Super Bowl like that I would likely need a new tv and some drywall repair as I'm pretty sure I would have kicked it through the wall.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 01:34 AM
I feel if I expressed what I'd do, I'd get suspended. Feed the Crow, I hope Flip knows that. He finds the endzone like a bloodhound tracking a rabbit.
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg

I told my GF if we lost a Super Bowl like that I would likely need a new tv and some drywall repair as I'm pretty sure I would have kicked it through the wall.

I mean seriously, we get that mad about losses like that WEEK ONE.

I can't imagine the wreck I would be in the two weeks leading up to a Browns super bowl, let alone the actual game.

I'd probaly start smoking cigarettes again.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 02:01 AM
"The Drive.

"The Fumble."

"The WTF?".
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 03:03 AM
Brady > Manning

Brady has shown throughout his entire career the ability and willingness to adapt and change his game for the benefit of the team.
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 04:00 AM

Thats the depressing part. I could totally see this happening to the Browns if they ever got to the super bowl.

Even more depressing is we won't have to worry about that for a long time.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 09:10 AM
Who is Malcolm Butler? And how did he go from working in fast food to the Super Bowl?

http://news.yahoo.com/malcolm-butler-did-working-fast-food-super-bowl-194453904.html

Malcolm Butler went from unknown to hero in one play. How did he get there?

Christian Science Monitor

By Alexander LaCasse
13 hours ago

Four years ago Patriots rookie defensive back Malcolm Butler was working in a fried chicken restaurant. On Sunday he became a Super Bowl legend.

When Butler, 24, was working at a Popeyes, an NFL career was so remote to him, it was probably not even on the radar.

Butler signed with New England as an un-drafted free agent back on May 19 of last year out of the University of Western Alabama and won a roster spot during the team's training camp."Malcolm was part of what we like to call 'the few, the proud, the free,' that did a great job in our rookie minicamp," coach Bill Belichick told Sports Illustrated after Sunday's win. "We kind of created a roster spot for him by juggling some other guys around, and so we signed him. That's a pretty big jump from West Alabama to the NFL."

Butler picked off a Russell Wilson pass on the goal-line to save the game and seal the win for the Patriots. Now he's off to Disney World with receiver Julian Edelman. Butler had deflected a pass into the air two plays earlier that miraculously landed onto the stomach of Seahawks receiver Jermaine Kearse that temporarily sustained the potentially game-winning Seattle drive.

Butler got his start in football at Vicksburg High School in Mississippi where he only played his freshman and senior seasons and was not a top-flight recruit. He started his collegiate career at Hinds Community College in Mississippi, but was kicked off the team five games into his first season. The Providence Journal reported that Butler would not give a reason for his dismissal.

He then took a job at a local Popeyes for the rest of the school year and enrolled in classes at nearby Alcorn State University. At that point in time Butler realized something was missing from his life and he longed to play football again.

“That just made me realize how bad I wanted it and how bad I really needed it,” Butler told the Providence Journal back in August. “You don’t know how good it is until it’s gone.”

He was invited back to Hinds that fall and played well enough to transfer to Division II Western Alabama a year later. For two years he was considered by many coaches to be one of the best cornerbacks in the Gulf Coast Conference. One day after Butler's second season, coach Will Hall received a call from New England's special teams coach Joe Judge – they were interested in Butler.

"He never walks into an arena where he doesn’t feel like he belongs there. But at the same time, he’s pretty humble." Hall told the Providence Journal We thought he had a good shot. We really did.”

But Butler wasn't the only player in Sunday's game to take an unlikely route to the Super Bowl. Some in the sports world were also buzzing about the emergence of Seahawks receiver Chris Matthews, who caught four passes in the game for 109 yards

Matthews, 25, was not on the team two months ago and was promoted to the active roster in December, according to ABC. His last NFL shot came in 2011 when the Cleveland Browns cut him. Matthews then took his game to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League for a brief stint, and had taken a job as a security guard at a Footlocker.

According to ABC, Matthews had been invited to workout for the Seahawks last year and was called at work by someone from the team, but Matthews told them he could not fly to Seattle until his shift ended.

(end)
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 09:34 AM
Him working at Popeyes has nothing to do with this story..

This isn't the Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, played in the AFL, then got a spot on the Rams..

Hell he was only in on that play because Arrington was getting BURNT all night..

I'm not trying to downplay the play he made, it was great film study and the break on the ball was perfect..

But that is the fluffiest fluff piece that ever did fluff..
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 05:00 PM
I thought that, what are the odds catch sort of off set the Bone head play. lol laugh

Quote:
Matthews told them he could not fly to Seattle until his shift ended.

That's great! rofl I love it. "I think I have a shoplifter, and as soon as I catch him, and request ... what ... a week off,(?)I'll be on my way out"
Posted By: DIEHARD Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 09:10 PM
See where Tom Brady was given a new Chevy truck for winning the MVP and he immediately gave it to Butler?
Class act.
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg

When we make it to the super bowl I am supplying everybody with a foam brick... perfect for throwing at the TV without damage.. believe me I know what a shoe can do to a TV when thrown at DA speed
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/03/15 11:11 PM
If only you would have combined it with DA accuracy you would have missed the TV entirely.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If only you would have combined it with DA accuracy you would have missed the TV entirely.

LOL... now that's funny. rofl
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/04/15 05:03 AM

This isn't the Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, played in the AFL, then got a spot on the Rams..

Hell he was only in on that play because Arrington was getting BURNT all night..

I'm not trying to downplay the play he made, it was great film study and the break on the ball was perfect..

It may be me, but I don't mind stories about a kid changing his life around, being studious and making something of himself. It was film study that made the difference.

For all the negative press, (see Manziel) it is good to know that the community college, small college route will work as well.

He will always have a home in Boston.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/04/15 06:34 AM
David Tyree never caught another pass for the Giants, and was out of football a few years later..

Hopefully Butler continues to work on his game, and while id say use this celebrity if you can, not to depend on it..

Especially in NE, he could easily be cut next TC...
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

It may be me, but I don't mind stories about a kid changing his life around, being studious and making something of himself. It was film study that made the difference.

For all the negative press, (see Manziel) it is good to know that the community college, small college route will work as well.

He will always have a home in Boston.

Gotta agree w/that take. It's a good story and the kid made a couple of really good plays, not to mention the biggest play of the game.
Posted By: Dave Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/06/15 11:54 AM
I read that the Patriots had practiced for that very play the week before the SB and that Butler had gotten beat by it. The article quotes Butler saying Belichick told him "Malcolm, you have to be on that."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...butler-got-beat

There were a few reasons the play didn't work. The throw led the receiver a bit too much - should have been more on the numbers, or even towards the back shoulder. The receiver didn't "own it", failed to drive strong to the ball, allowing the DB to pick it. (It was a Gordon-esque effort.) Most importantly it was a tribute to Belichick's legendary ability to recognize tendencies and prepare for them, along with his player having the ability to execute.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/06/15 08:33 PM
You can see Butler walk up to Browner right before and basically tell him what play they are running..

Which let Browner know to get into Kearse, so that Kearse couldn't pick Butler..

I've seen the screen cap of right before Wilson throws it, Butler is 10 yards off of Lockette, anyone would have thrown that.. Could he of thrown it more backshoulder? Sure.. But when your WR is wide open, you can lead him towards the Endzone..

I understand the idea of throwing in on 2nd down, but if I'm going to do that, it's going to be a fade to the corner, that only a great catch could of been made on..

Maybe fake the slant in, and then go outside.. throw it to the back pylon..

I think Seattle got out coached. 99 times out of 100, after that 1st down play, the team on defense calls a time out, Seattle EXPECTED NE to call a time out.. and when they didn't everything got rushed.. they looked disorganized.. and then the defense KNEW what play they were running..

And it STILL took a GREAT defensive play by Butler, the break he gets on the ball is unreal..

Seattle should of ran Spider 2 Y Banana..
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/06/15 09:03 PM
I would also like to point out the irony that is LeGarrette Blount..

Pittsburgh "punished" him for a bad attitude.. by ALLOWING him to go back to the team he wanted to be on.. and then helping them win a SB..

The irony is.. How different is the Pitt/Bal WC game if they still have Blount to play in place of Bell?

so the text from Farmer read
Posted By: PDR Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/06/15 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg

so the text from Farmer read

Drop the mic and walk off, sir.
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl discussion // predictions - 02/06/15 11:26 PM
I could understand the pass, what I don't understand how do you do it without play action I don't care if you brought in the extra WR. Not the same stack routes, play pass play in their play book. How do you not go play action???
© DawgTalkers.net