RB- Ray Rice
RB- Steven Jackson
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- DeSean Jackson
Flex- Jordy Nelson
TE- Tony Gonzalez
K- Matt Prater
DST- Packers

Bench - Rashard Mendenhall, Le'Veon Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Josh Gordon, Malcolm Floyd, Brandon Weeden

Weeden was my 1 homer pick. Not like I'll ever sit Manning anyway lol
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 10:33 AM
12 team .5 PPR league. I drafted 8th.

QB Matt Ryan
RB Trent Richardson
RB Daryl Richardson
WR A.J. Green
WR Roddy White
TE Greg Olsen
FLEX Reggie Wayne
D/ST 49ers D/ST
K Matt Bryant
BE Mike Williams
BE Vick Ballard
BE Denarius Moore
BE Kendall Wright
BE Brent Celek
BE Andy Dalton
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 12:12 PM
All of my drafts are this weekend or early next week.
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 12:14 PM
12 Team Standard Redraft

QB - M. Stafford
RB - J. Charles
RB - MJD
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Vincent Jackson
TE - Jared Cook
K - Josh Brown
D/ST - Bears

Bench
Russell Wilson
Ryan Mathews
Andre Brown
Bernard Pierce
Lance Dunbar
Jordy Nelson
Rueben Randle
DHB
Brandon Myers
Texans
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 01:15 PM
I have to ask a question on drafting. As I said above we have a 12 team .5 PPR league. We start QB1, RB2, WR2, TE1, RB/WR/TE1, DEF1, K1 and 6 on the bench.

One of the teams drafted a starter at each position (Flex position is a RB also) and on the bench six RB's. Is there some strategy to this?

I tried to make a trade with them; a WR for a RB and it was rejected. Trade analyzer had the points 133 to 130 in my favor so maybe that was why but it was a bench player for a bench player and was pretty close to even.

Just trying to figure out the strategy of drafting all RB bench players. Handcuff with a back up of a injured starter and make someone overpay for a trade???
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 01:51 PM
Typically the drop off in running backs is much greater than other positions, so having good depth there is important. And this year especially their isn't a lot of depth at the RB position. I can't justify having ALL RB on his bench though, unless he is looking to make some trades.

I don't really buy into the handcuff theory. There are 1 or 2 usually that might be worth holding onto, but for the most part its a wasted roster spot.

edit: I realize as I say I don't buy into the handcuff strategy I have a few on my team, but as I mentioned, RB is as thing as I have ever seen it.
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 02:05 PM
He has Eddie Lacy on his bench. I was thinking of offering Reggie Wayne for Eddie Lacy. I tried to offer Mike Williams for Ryan Mathews and that's the trade he rejected.

According to the Fantasy Trade site I use this is the breakdown.

Trade Analysis
Team 1 is giving up 171.4 future fantasy points.
Team 2 is giving up 160.5 future fantasy points.

Future Fantasy Points Breakdown
Reggie Wayne - 171.4

Eddie Lacy - 160.5

Strictly by the numbers, Team 2 is getting the better deal!

I know I'm weak at RB but the spots I was drafting I was going to have to reach for a RB according to my Cheat Sheet and I chose to go with higher BPA.
Posted By: ado16148 Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 04:48 PM
QB- Stafford
RB- Doug Martin
RB- Steven Ridley
Flex- Kendall Wright
WR- A.J Green
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Kenbrell Tompkins
TE- Jordan Cameron
Def/special Teams- Cleveland
K- S Hauschka

Bench- L Miller, G Bernard, Josh Gordon, M Floyd (Arizona), T Eifert, Weeden.

What do you guys think? First time playing fantasy and doing a live draft in a few years. Standard scoring only no negative points.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 09:55 PM
Quote:

QB- Stafford
RB- Doug Martin
RB- Steven Ridley
Flex- Kendall Wright
WR- A.J Green
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Kenbrell Tompkins
TE- Jordan Cameron
Def/special Teams- Cleveland
K- S Hauschka

Bench- L Miller, G Bernard, Josh Gordon, M Floyd (Arizona), T Eifert, Weeden.

What do you guys think? First time playing fantasy and doing a live draft in a few years. Standard scoring only no negative points.

Way too much Browns love on your team. Cameron, the D/ST, Gordon, and Weeden?
Posted By: ado16148 Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 10:43 PM
Haha yea. I started panicking a bit once names were gone and went with what I knew instead of following my cheat sheet.

Oh and its a 12 team league.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Post Your Team - 08/27/13 11:08 PM
Weeden is the only "Shouldn't have drafted" guy though. Gordon, after his suspension is definitely worth a #2/#3 receiver in a 12 team league. A lot of fantasy guys have the Browns as a top 10 defense due to the new scheme and expecting a lot of sacks and turnovers. If you miss on the top 4 TEs of Graham, Gronk, Gonzalez, Witten then you are stuck waiting around for an average TE and Cameron is a nice late round TE.
Posted By: 214dawg Re: Post Your Team - 08/28/13 12:12 AM
I agree, nothing wrong with grabbing Cameron late in the draft if you miss out on the top 4 TEs. Gordon would be valued a lot higher if he wasn't missing the first two weeks, which you aren't going to be needing him anyway. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what defense I draft, I'm not going to keep them anyway.

10 team league:

QB: Kaepernick, Griffin
RB: Peterson, Ridley, Lacy, Vereen, Richarson (StL), Brown (NYG)
WR: Marshall, Cobb, Gordon, Brown (SD), Broyles
TE: Cameron
D: Browns
K: Walsh

8 team league: (I know "everyone it stacked")

QB: Kaepernick
RB: Lynch, McCoy, Ridley, MJD, Miller, Brown (NYG)
WR: Jackson (TB), Wayne, Decker, Shorts, Austin (StL)
TE: Olsen, Cook
D: Bears
K: Dawson

Finally one to brag about. My family has a league, there's only 6 of us and the points are quite unusual. QB's went throughout the first and second round, so I loaded up at RB.

QB: Stafford, Newton
RB: Peterson, Rice, Martin, Ridley, Miller, McFadden
WR: Jackson (TB), Fitzgerald, White, Bowe, Gordon
TE: Daniels
D: Bears
K: Bullock
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Post Your Team - 08/28/13 03:55 AM
Quote:

I have to ask a question on drafting. As I said above we have a 12 team .5 PPR league. We start QB1, RB2, WR2, TE1, RB/WR/TE1, DEF1, K1 and 6 on the bench.

One of the teams drafted a starter at each position (Flex position is a RB also) and on the bench six RB's. Is there some strategy to this?

I tried to make a trade with them; a WR for a RB and it was rejected. Trade analyzer had the points 133 to 130 in my favor so maybe that was why but it was a bench player for a bench player and was pretty close to even.

Just trying to figure out the strategy of drafting all RB bench players. Handcuff with a back up of a injured starter and make someone overpay for a trade???

Yes there is a strategy. If he hits on one or two of these he can trade a very high end guy for a top WR. I did it last year, trading Ray Rice straight up for Calvin Johnson. And ran away with the title starting him alongside Dez Bryant the rest of the way.
Posted By: 4thandPunt Re: Post Your Team - 08/28/13 07:07 AM
This is my team from what I am calling my "Nonsense League".

20 teams, PPR, IDP.

QB- Cam Newton
WR- Desean Jackson
WR- Darius Heyward-Bey
WR- Santana Moss
RB- Doug Martin
RB- Reggie Bush
TE- Jermaine Gresham
W/R/T- Chris Ivory

Bench- Alshon Jeffery, Dallas Clark, Josh Freeman, Keenan Allen, David Ausberry

K- Adam Vinatieri
D/ST- San Diego

D- NaVorro Bowman
D- D'Qwell Jackson
DB- Jairus Byrd
DB- TJ Ward
DL- Jason Pierre-Paul
DL- Michael Johnson
LB- DeMeco Ryans
LB- Dannell Ellerbe
LB- Stephen Tulloch
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Your Team - 08/28/13 11:01 AM
In my keeper league we play with 2 QB,s 3 RB's, 4 WR, 2TE, 2 D's, and 2 Kickers. PPR league. 8 teams. We also get to keep one extra player...16 total keepers

The draft isn't until Sunday afternoon to round out our rosters. The draft is for 13 bench positions.

My keepers this year

QB Stafford, Luck

RB S Jackson, R Bush, D Wilson

WR H Nicks, P Garcone, D Jackson, D Moore

TE J Cameron, J Gresham

D Pats, Packers

K R Bullock, B Walsh

Extra R Matthews.

Not sure how I want to go with this draft. I wouldn't mind more youth at back with both Jackson and Bush on the team, but I'd really like to get D Moore out of the starting line-up. There are several WR available who could boot my yearly points at that position by 30-40 points.

I had some injuries last year and fell, so I draft 3rd...My targets at this point are Bernard of Cincy, Lacey of GB, or Austin of St. L. I know I can get one of the three.

As someone said earlier, it is harder to find good help at back. I think I am leaning Lacey or Bernard.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Your Team - 08/28/13 02:26 PM
I love Lacy in your circumstance ... I think he'll get a lot of touches near the goal line with that roster and QB. He'd be my target.
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: Post Your Team - 08/28/13 05:43 PM
My league is a twelve team with no keepers, head to head, and the starting line-up is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, Defense.

My team:

QB: Jay Cutler; Sam Bradford
RB: Trent Richardson, Lesean McCoy, Lamar Miller; Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Andre Johnson; Marques Colston; Josh Gordon; Cecil Shorts
TE: Martellus Bennett; Jared Cook
K: Sebastian Janikowski
Defense: Dallas; Minnesota

I like my RB and WR depth. I don't think too many people can hate on that. I don't know how wise it was, but I rolled the dice and gambled on pairing both of my QB's (clearly picked later as everyone else picked their QB's and a couple back-ups before I pulled the trigger) and TE's together. Savvy or stupid?
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: Post Your Team - 08/28/13 07:04 PM
What pick did you have that you got Trent and Shady? Interesting that one of them fell out of the first rd in a 12 team league. Im guessing you picked late in the rd?
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: Post Your Team - 08/29/13 01:00 PM
No. I picked at #5, actually! I was pleasantly surprised with it, too. It was a receiver-happy start to the draft and two QB's went before I picked McCoy.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Post Your Team - 08/29/13 02:35 PM
12team redraft league

*not happy with my RB situation on this team (auto-drafted with pre-rank list and basically got screwed at that position. pretty strong elsewhere though it drafted me 2 friggin' kickers)

QB Brees / Eli
RB D.Martin
WR Welker
WR DeSean Jackson
WR TY Hilton
TE J.Graham / J.Cameron
Flex R.Mathews / S.Greene
Flex J.Gordon / R.Helu

K Blair Walsh / J.Tucker

Def SF / Cleve
Posted By: gage Re: Post Your Team - 08/29/13 09:55 PM
12 Team Auction League. I won the first two bids then sat for a while I do have some trade room though for maybe a better WR or something ...

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Arian Foster
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Emannuel Sanders
TE Antonio Gates
FLEX Maurice Jones-Drew
D/ST Texans
K Matt Bryant

Bench:
QB Josh Freeman
RB Mark Ingram
WR Golden Tate
RB Isaiah Pead
WR Vincent Brown
TE Coby Fleener

My bench is awful but hey bench points don't help you win...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Your Team - 08/29/13 11:31 PM
With Arian, AP, and MJD ... that's a hell of a lot of points if they stay healthy.
Posted By: gage Re: Post Your Team - 08/29/13 11:41 PM
like every year, fingers crossed.

Back in 08 or 09 I got AP at #2 and came in second place so lets hope AP can be my catalyst again
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post Your Team - 08/30/13 01:15 AM
10 team league....

QB: Kaepernick, Bradford

RB: Lynch, Ridley, Chris Johnson, Bradshaw, Tate, Stewart

WR: Colston, Torrey Smith, Desean Jackson, Jennings, Tate

TE: Gronk, Bennett

K: Prater

D/ST: STL

You start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 Flex (which is RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

Loaded up on RB's
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post Your Team - 08/30/13 12:52 PM
The only other kind of fantasy league would be roto, but do they even do that for football? I'm not even sure, I know that's originally how fantasy sports started, but it was with baseball.

Funny that you said my WR depth was sickening, because I think I waited until round 3 or 4 to take one. My first two picks were Lynch and Ridley. I think I even took CJ before I finally took a WR.

One of my buddies is a Pats fan and he said he thinks the Pats may be better on defense this year, which he thinks will cause them to turn the clock back and run the ball a little more.

I don't like the way this league is set up, but I'm only a guest in this league. I've never even met the guy who puts it together.

I don't understand the need for a "flex" player on top of having a slot for a "RB/WR"

If I had my own league, I'd have a minimal amount of slots for your bench, make the thing more interesting. More traffic on the waiver wire. It gets more people involved.

I also got screwed at least 5 times by having the person right before me pick the guy I was set up to take. I like my team now but if things had gone my way, I'd be loaded.
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: Post Your Team - 08/30/13 01:09 PM
Quote:

The only other kind of fantasy league would be roto, but do they even do that for football? I'm not even sure, I know that's originally how fantasy sports started, but it was with baseball.

We used to play "Total Points" in football, but that was back when we were in middle school, before the internet, so we would just total the points up on paper throughout the year. We could have done Head to Head on paper but it was well before the big fantasy football craze hit and we didnt even know about head to head.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post Your Team - 08/30/13 01:21 PM
Quote:

Quote:

We used to play "Total Points" in football, but that was back when we were in middle school, before the internet, so we would just total the points up on paper throughout the year. We could have done Head to Head on paper but it was well before the big fantasy football craze hit and we didnt even know about head to head.

I've always done h2h, but I did do a roto baseball one year, and it was pretty fun.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Your Team - 08/30/13 10:33 PM
Quote:

I have a few common players as you do, but for some reason your backs just don't inspire much confidence in me past Beast Mode. Backfields with split carries scare me too much. Maybe that's an Achilles heal in my drafting, but I like to know my guys are getting the bulk of the carries.

I'm the same way, but I think Ridley is going to have a huge year, Vereen should do nothing more than handle the 3rd downs. I also doubt Shonn Greene cuts into CJ's carries much, he's terrible.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Your Team - 08/30/13 10:38 PM
My 10 team money league

QB - Romo

RB - Ray Rice, Chris Johnson, Eddie Lacy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Vick Ballard, Le'Von Bell

WR - Fitzgerald, VJax, Antonio Brown, Mike Williams

TE - Owen Daniels

K - Dan Bailey

DEF - Baltimore

I stack up on running backs and wide receivers since because it's only a 10 team league, depth at the other positions is easy to fill throughout the season from the free agent list. (Lacy would be my FLEX)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Your Team - 08/31/13 06:31 AM
1-Team League

QB Rodgers
WR Johnson
WR Green
WR Jones
RB Peterson
RB Charles
TE Graham
Flex Richardson
K Dawson
D 49ers
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Your Team - 08/31/13 05:50 PM
if Trent stays healthy you may have a decent team
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post Your Team - 09/01/13 06:57 PM
Team #2, 12 team league

QB - Newton, Bradford

RB - Richardson, Bernard, McFadden, Sproles

WR - Green, DeSean Jackson, Tavon Austin, Lance Moore, Little (my sleeper)

TE - Bennett, Eifert

K - Brown

D/ST - St. Louis

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Post Your Team - 09/01/13 07:03 PM
Not gonna lie, I HATE McFadden this year.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post Your Team - 09/01/13 07:05 PM
Quote:

Not gonna lie, I HATE McFadden this year.

I did too, Oakland is going to be a complete mess. But it was the 7th round I think. No harm done if he's worthless, he's buried on my bench anyway.

I wanted to go RB-RB with my first two picks but AJ Green was sitting right there, and I truly believe he is going to be the top fantasy WR this year even ahead of Megatron
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Post Your Team - 09/01/13 07:29 PM
Matt Ryan

AJ Green
Brandon Marshall

Arian Foster
DeAngelo Williams
Daryl Richardson

Antonio Gates

Phil Dawson
SF

Jay Cutler
Ben Tate
Jacquizz Rodgers
Isaiah Pead
Vincent Brown
Rob Housler

Went with a different strategy this year, I'm usually a RB first 3 rounds guy, but I changed it up and went RB, WR, WR, QB. Tired of looking for a WR on the waiver wire every week. But now I will be doing that for a RB, LOL.
Posted By: keys_bow_wow Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 02:25 PM
Drafted last night. 10 team money league.

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB/WR - Ben Tate
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR/TE - Miles Austin
TE - Antonio Gates
DST - Miami
K - Randy Bullock (GB)

Bench - Andrew Luck, Brandon Weeden, Montee Ball, Jordy Nelson, Fred Jackson, Packers D and Gregg Little.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 03:25 PM
I'm not trying to be rude but that team is awful. I'm sorry.
Posted By: keys_bow_wow Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 05:47 PM
Ok, how do you figure?

AP is the stand out #1.

Jones and Thomas are studs at receiver. Williams is going to be the only runner other than Cam Newton for the first 8 weeks or so in Carolina. Arian Foster is already banged up in Houston so Ben Tate is going to be taking a lot of carries. Miles Austin is a solid flex receiver in Dallas. My Defenses could be better, but they could be a lot worse than to have two of the better sack teams (Clay Mathews on one, Cameron Wake and Dannell Ellerbe on the other.)

Montee Ball is going to be a beast with the Donks, might take him a few games, but watch and see, by the end of the year he will be making people think about some things. Jordy Nelson is a solid WR and with Jennings gone from GB he becomes even more valuable sitting across from Cobb.

My QBs are solid if not all stars. Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck both had outstanding years last year. Wilson is going to be a star and Luck already is.

Tell me again how it's an awful team?
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 06:05 PM
You have 4 guys who shouldn't be starting for a team in a 10 team league. Too many holes. You have 2 good WR's, 1 good RB, but too many holes overall.

There's no reason Ben Tate, Miles Austin, DeAngelo Williams and Russell Wilson should be starters in a 10 team league.
Posted By: 214dawg Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 06:14 PM
10 team leagues on Yahoo, so starts 3 WR and 2 RB with no flex:

QB: Ryan
RB: Foster
RB: Ridley
WR: Fitz
WR: Bowe
WR: Welker
TE: Myers
K: Janikowski
D: Green Bay

Bench: RG3, Lacy, Vereen, Hilton, Austin (StL), Broyles
Posted By: PDR Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 07:39 PM
14 team league. $250 buy-in, $5 per transaction. I've won the last two years. First year we've gone to 3 starting WR's.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Frank Gore
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Josh Gordon (after Week 2, obviously)
WR - Eric Decker
TE - Tony Gonzalez
W/R/T - Stevie Johnson

Bench: Josh Freeman, Fred Jackson, Mark Ingram, Shonn Greene, Greg Little, Dwayne Allen

I usually play match-ups for kickers and defense. I'm rolling with Miami's D week one.

My team is pretty old. Don't really like my running backs, but I didn't last year, either, until I snagged Alfred Morris on waivers.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 07:47 PM
Who was available when you selected Megatron?
Posted By: PDR Re: Post Your Team - 09/02/13 08:15 PM
Quote:

Who was available when you selected Megatron?

McCoy, Spiller, Charles and Morris were the other four considerations, and I didn't trust any of them to produce consistently as much as I do Johnson.

I rode Morris to a title last year, but he goes as far as RG3 goes.

Spiller's team will be playing from behind. A lot.

Passing on Charles and McCoy may be decisions I regret. But McCoy has burned me before, and Charles has too many health issues.

My WR's are deep enough that if I find myself in a jam, I could always shop Megatron for a RB. At least that's my thought process.

As is, Gore and Murray should produce if healthy. But that's a big if that I can't count on. So I loaded my bench will goal line poachers for now, and plan to be prudent with waivers until a back goes down.
Posted By: Loki Re: Post Your Team - 09/03/13 06:28 AM
12 team standard scoring, keeper just started this year. I picked 3rd. I usually keep 2 defenses and just rotate whoever is playing the weaker offense. I do have some browns on my team but they were pretty much all late round picks (Defense was a FA, Jordan I got in the 10th, and Gordon i got in the 9th) If it matters Yahoo said I had the best draft in the league but we'll see.

QB
Colin Kaepernick SF - QB
WR
Randall Cobb GB - WR
WR
Danny Amendola NE - WR
RB
Trent Richardson Cle - RB
RB
Chris Johnson Ten - RB
TE
Jordan Cameron Cle - TE
W/R/T
Eddie Lacy GB - RB
K
Matt Prater Den - K
Def:
Cleveland Cle - DEF

Bench
Chris Ivory NYJ - RB
Josh Gordon Cle - WR
Chris Givens StL - WR
Brandon Myers NYG - TE
Jay Cutler Chi - QB
Chicago Chi - DEF
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Your Team - 09/03/13 07:05 AM
Did you take Richardson with the 3rd pick?
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: Post Your Team - 09/03/13 12:11 PM
It is not a great team in a 10 team league. If you move Luck to starter it reads a little better. It looks more like a 12 team league team though.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Your Team - 09/03/13 01:47 PM
12 Team league ... I'm not thrilled with it. I decided to wait on a QB/TE and draft WRs because our league plays 4 WR

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Stevan Ridley
WR - Roddy White
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Emmanuel Sanders
TE - Owen Daniels

DL - JJ Watt
LB - Luke Keuchly
DB - Morgan Burnett

Bench

RB - Lamar Miller, Bernard Pierce
WR - Denarius Moore, Alshon Jeffrey
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Post Your Team - 09/03/13 10:02 PM
Quote:

Here's mine. 10 team keeper league...

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- Ray Rice
RB- Steven Jackson
WR- Calvin Johnson
WR- DeSean Jackson
Flex- Jordy Nelson
TE- Tony Gonzalez
K- Matt Prater
DST- Packers

Bench - Rashard Mendenhall, Le'Veon Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Josh Gordon, Malcolm Floyd, Brandon Weeden

I just made a blockbuster deal.

I traded Calvin Johnson for Randall Cobb and Rob Gonkowski.

Then when that trade goes through, my other buddy said he's trading me Eric Decker and Pierre Garcon for Jordy Nelson (So I'm not stuck with two Packers receivers)
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Your Team - 09/03/13 10:18 PM
Quote:

I traded Calvin Johnson for Randall Cobb and Rob Gonkowski.

Gutsy since Gronk's arm had so many surgeries on it that it could get messed up again at anytime, but I like it.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Your Team - 09/03/13 10:20 PM

Did a yahoo 20 dollar buy in league last night for the fun of it, and came out with probably my best team. It is only a 10 team league though.

Don't ask me why Charles was still available at pick #16.
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Post Your Team - 09/04/13 02:57 AM
I'm scared. Just finished my friends&family league, which is usually my toughest league. 10team this year, but I really like my team even for a 10teamer and I usually end this league hating my draft:

QB: Romo/Stafford
RB: Lynch/Bradshaw
WR: Demayrius Thomas/DeSean Jackson
W/T: Wes Welker / TY Hilton
TE: Tony Gonzalez
W/R: Charles/R.Mathews
K: Crosby
DB: LaRon Landry
DB: Reshad Jones
DL: Charles Johnson
LB:Wesley Woodyard
LB: Jerod Mayo

Definitely took a risk waiting on QB, but hoping I can play matchups well enough with potential high-profile offenses in Dallas and Detroit.
Posted By: Loki Re: Post Your Team - 09/04/13 03:24 AM
Quote:

Did you take Richardson with the 3rd pick?

Yeah my reasons I figured he's due for a breakout year, I'm a Browns fan so i get to enjoy him running over everyone (instead it being bittersweet), and since he's so young in a keeper league I figured I would rather have him over a 30 year old Lynch, Foster..etc.
Posted By: 214dawg Re: Post Your Team - 09/04/13 05:34 AM
Lynch and Foster are only 27.
Posted By: 214dawg Re: Post Your Team - 09/04/13 05:44 AM
14 team league with IDP. Starting QB, 2 RB, 2, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DEF, 3 DL, 4LB, 2 DB, and 2 Flex DP. Could only have 4 RBs and 6 LBs.

QB: Ryan, Smith (KC)
RB: Ridley, Martin, Miller, Pead
WR: White, Shorts, Givens, Gordon
TE: Cook, Davis (Was)
K: Zuerlein
DEF: Saints
DL: Spencer, Kiwanuka, Hali, Taylor
LB: Laurinaitis, Johnson (KC), Woodley, Bowman, Harris (NYJ), Henderson (Min)
DB: Pollard, Finnegan, Chancellor, McDonald (StL)
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Post Your Team - 09/04/13 03:15 PM
10-team league with standard scoring on ESPN (I had the 4th pick in a snake draft):

QB--Peyton Manning
RB--Trent Richardson
RB--Steven Jackson
WR--Larry Fitzgerald
WR--Reggie Wayne
TE--Antonio Gates
Flex--Lamar Miller
D/ST--Bungals
K--Phil Dawson

Bench
WR--Dwayne Bowe
WR--Anquan Boldin
TE--Jermichael Finley
WR--Josh Gordon (suspended for now, but I don't need him right now)
QB--Andy Dalton
RB--Jonathan Stewart (injured now, but should be healthy by the time I'd need him)
WR--Justin Blackmon (suspended for now, but I don't need him right now)

This is a league with my two brothers and 7 random people. I looked at the transactions yesterday and realized that we have a guy who drafted for two teams and moved all of the best to one to try and be dominant. Pretty sad that a guy went through all that trouble to cheat in a meaningless fantasy football league with random people he doesn't even know.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Post Your Team - 09/05/13 02:46 AM
QB-Russel Wilson
RB- Doug Martin
RB-Stevan Ridley
WR-Demaryius Thomas
WR-Randall Cobb
TE-Vernon Davis
Flex-Mike Wallace
D/ST-Cowboys (always my last pick)
K-Randy Bullock

Bench
Nelson-GB
Bradshaw-IN
Cook-STL
Tate-SEA
Jeffery-CHI
Romo-DAL
Greene-TN
Posted By: smoovedeej Re: Post Your Team - 09/05/13 04:13 AM
8 man league, so not even sure if this counts

QB: RG3

RB: Trent Richardson, Chris Johnson

WR: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones

TE: Antonio Gates

Flex: Vincent Jackson

K: Phil Dawson

Bench: Montee Ball, Eli Manning, Anquan Boldin, Josh Gordon, Rashard Mendenhall, Joe Flacco
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: Post Your Team - 09/07/13 04:33 PM
2 Leagues, 10 teamers. First is my league I commission every year, the second is a new one me and my buddy started online with people scattered all over.

The Mingo Dynasty

Starters:
Tom Brady
Trent Richardson
Matt Forte
Roddy White
Wes Welker
Mike Wallace
Kyle Rudolph
Matt Prater
Bengals

Bench:
Eli Manning
Chris Ivory
Isaac Redman
Steve Smith
Tavon Austin
Lance Moore
Darius Heyward-Bey
Brandon Myers

Mitchell Schwartz Be With You!

Starters:
Matt Ryan
Trent Richardson
Alfred Morris
Roddy White
Victor Cruz
Rob Gronkowski (well, not yet...)
Flex: Deangelo Williams
Greg Zuerelein
STL Rams

Bench:
Andy Dalton
Isaac Redman
Jordy Nelson
Stevie Johnson
Lance Moore
Chris Givens
Brandon Myers

Think I like my chances in both...
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Post Your Team - 09/09/13 12:12 AM
Here's my team in a Yahoo, 12 team league ... doing alright so far:

QB - Matt Ryan Atl
WR -Roddy White Atl
WR - Jordy Nelson GB
RB - Adrian Peterson Min
RB - Chris Johnson Ten
TE - Tony Gonzalez Atl
W/R/T - Cecil Shorts Jax
K - Stephen Gostkowski NE
DEF- Seattle Sea

Bench
Kenny Britt Ten - WR
Josh Gordon Cle - WR
Carson Palmer Ari - QB
Ronnie Hillman Den - RB
Brandon Weeden Cle - QB
Bernard Pierce Bal - RB

A little Atlanta heavy I guess, but I should be racking up a lot of double points when Matt Ryan throws a touchdown. The two starting RBs should be pretty solid too.

I lucked into Adrian Peterson too! Best part ... the guy who picked first took Drew Brees for some reason. Then in the 2nd round, Peyton Manning was still sitting there, so he took him too! Naturally, he had Peyton on the bench for Brees when he lit up the Ravens on Thursday, so he missed out on those points!
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: Post Your Team - 09/09/13 05:29 PM
Just a general Question..

Why does Safeties/TD scored by the opposing D/ST count against the other teams D/ST? Those points are scored agianst the offense when the Defense was off the field how can they be penalized for that??

For example I picked up Tampa Bay defense (main starter is 49'ers) yesterday morning. The Jet's scored a Safty in the 1st quarter. 18 Points overall. My league gives 1 point for 14-17 points allowed. So in that category I received 0 points. But why does the 2 points for the safety count against the D/ST? Shouldn't it have been 16 Points allowed??
Posted By: PDR Re: Post Your Team - 09/09/13 07:59 PM
I've been Atlanta heavy for the last two years. It tends to pay off.

How did you get that squad in a 12 team league?

And why do you own Brandon Weeden?
Posted By: no_logo_required Re: Post Your Team - 09/09/13 09:35 PM
because most scoring systems are stupid and don't account for points properly. i agree with you.

of course, if you go IDP, then those defensive/ST TDs will just count normally if you have those players.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Post Your Team - 09/10/13 10:10 PM
Unreal that I won with both teams this week but even more impressive that one of the teams gave me a grand total of 15 points from my two RB slots and my RB/WR slot.

45 points from Kaepernick didn't hurt.
© DawgTalkers.net