DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: willitevachange The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/11/19 02:27 PM
Has anyone played Ace Combat 7 yet?

I believe that is going to be my next purchase. It used to be one of my favorite games. I have played one since about IV though I think.

I am really interested to play in PSVR.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/16/19 06:48 PM
I've been playing a lot of BeatSaber, Spider-man, and I just beat Kingdom Hearts III.

I downloaded the Resident Evil 2 Remake for my PC.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/18/19 01:58 PM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I've been playing a lot of BeatSaber, Spider-man, and I just beat Kingdom Hearts III.

I downloaded the Resident Evil 2 Remake for my PC.
I had started spider man, but I came across AC odyssey and I couldn't put it down.

For some reason, I don't have a want to go back to Spiderman now that I am finished with AC.

I think that Im just gonna bite the bullet and go get Ace combat this weekend.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/18/19 11:32 PM
Blew through the first two Bioshock games. I thought 2 was better than the first, and definitely more challenging.

Just started Infinite, and this game is really trippy. Kinda wondering how it is going to go, because I was about 45 minutes into the game and haven't really attacked anyone.. I did no reading up on the game at all so I am going into it totally blind.

Not sure what I will start once I am done. I may pick up Ace Combat if it's discounted by then. If not, I may fire up one of the games sitting in a pile that I have not finished... One being Witcher 3, which I loved but for some reason stopped playing, and the other being Dying Light which also was enjoyable but I think I got wrapped up in another game. I try to play one game and stick to it so I finish it. Once I start doing multiple games, I never seem to finish anything.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/19/19 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
One being Witcher 3, which I loved but for some reason stopped playing

I've kinda had the same thing happen recently with Destiny 2 and No Man's Sky. Got really into both and was thoroughly enjoying them.... and then I just stopped.

Lately, I'm all about Sea of Thieves, Insurgency: Sandstorm, and (still) Planetside 2. Mostly SoT.

I got a code with my new video card for Anthem, Battlefield V, or Metro Exodus. Not sure which one I'm going to grab; leaning toward Anthem right now, but I don't know much about any of them (except Battlefield, I know enough about the older versions to know that I don't want that one so it is really between Anthem and Metro Exodus).
Posted By: cle23 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/19/19 11:38 PM
Blew through the first two Bioshock games. I thought 2 was better than the first, and definitely more challenging.

Just started Infinite, and this game is really trippy. Kinda wondering how it is going to go, because I was about 45 minutes into the game and haven't really attacked anyone.. I did no reading up on the game at all so I am going into it totally blind.

Not sure what I will start once I am done. I may pick up Ace Combat if it's discounted by then. If not, I may fire up one of the games sitting in a pile that I have not finished... One being Witcher 3, which I loved but for some reason stopped playing, and the other being Dying Light which also was enjoyable but I think I got wrapped up in another game. I try to play one game and stick to it so I finish it. Once I start doing multiple games, I never seem to finish anything.

The Witcher 3 might be the best game I've ever played my entire life but it is SO long. I could never stay with it long enough to finish the entire thing and then there were three expansions.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/21/19 03:16 PM
I also started playing W3, but put it down. Between the game being so punishing (which I don't mind so much) and other games coming out (Destiny 2 and now Division 2), I just haven't picked it back up.

I'm really digging Division 2. They fixed a handful of the worst things about the first, kept the good stuff the same, and are giving me enough story to keep me happy.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/22/19 06:02 PM
It really seems like it's a long game filled with all kinds of stuff to do, which i still appreciate, because they really don't make games like that anymore. Everything is geared toward multiplayer/online. I understand that, because it's a huge draw, but I still love single player games, and will always value those over multiplayer.

I'm not really digging Bioshock Infiinite. I'll probably finish because I'm far enough into it, but this game is really lacking when compared to the first two. They replaced all things that made the first two games so damn good. The money system was perfect. The tonics and plasmids were so well done. Why change?

The setting is so awesome looking, but I just don't feel that excitement that the first two gave me, but I'll power through it.

I really want to get back into Dying Light this summer.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/25/19 11:48 PM
division 2 is pretty fun. A some solo stuff is frustrating. There been a lot of terrible releases in the past year or so. I haven't bought a game on release day in a long time. They have released a solid game.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/29/19 04:10 PM
I’m addicted to XCOM2 right now. Strategy games are infuriating but I can’t stop.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/04/19 03:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
I’m addicted to XCOM2 right now. Strategy games are infuriating but I can’t stop.

I love strategy games. Master of Orion being my all-time favorite.

I just got a copy of Metro: Exodus for free with my new video card.
I'm thinking about picking up Division 2, but there are only so many hours in a week.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/04/19 06:07 PM
Have you played Stellaris?

I like the exploration, research, and customization aspects. Combat leaves a bit to be desired, and its a Paradox title so has (needs) a lot of the expansions.

I just started playing the new Grim Dawn expansion. If you liked Diablo 2 this is similar.

I liked Anthem at first. The combat is pretty fun. It just got really repetitive and once you've got the "Masterwork" loot there's not much point keeping on, unless you really enjoy spending 100s of hours in search of the perfect rolls. The cosmetics they've added have been pretty underwhelming. It's still fun to jump into for a bit every once in awhile, though.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/04/19 11:14 PM
back on the Witcher 3

this game is so awesome, i'm not gonna quit this time lmao
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/11/19 01:33 AM
It's all about MLB the Show 19 right now. That is the only game I've been playing since it came out. I am completely hooked at the moment with the road to the show experience.

I've always been a fan but usually create a pitcher to play with such as Charlie Sheen from Wild Thing but this time I went with a shortstop who specializes in contact hitting, not a huge power guy. I'm having a TON of fun with it, its so addicting. If you're into baseball and never played the show it is a must try.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/11/19 12:40 PM
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
It's all about MLB the Show 19 right now. That is the only game I've been playing since it came out. I am completely hooked at the moment with the road to the show experience.

I've always been a fan but usually create a pitcher to play with such as Charlie Sheen from Wild Thing but this time I went with a shortstop who specializes in contact hitting, not a huge power guy. I'm having a TON of fun with it, its so addicting. If you're into baseball and never played the show it is a must try.
I usually get the show, I haven't this year because I just haven't had the time - and after so many years, its just a roster update anymore.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/20/19 09:36 PM
back on the Witcher 3

this game is so awesome, i'm not gonna quit this time lmao

Haven't had a chance to play anything for years because of the kids ... I think every other year I'll get tempted with the idea of Madden ... but that game is as bad as ever. Last game I think I bought and completed and played significantly online was GOW3!

This year I picked up Witcher 3 and have played it for about 50 hours ... it is an excellent game! Reminds me of Skyrim, but improved. I am at the point of heading to the final battle (I think) ... can't say enough good things about the game.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/20/19 09:37 PM

As an Xbox owner I miss the baseball games they used to have. Last time I was playing there wasn't a decent option for a baseball game on Xbox.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/23/19 04:45 AM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

As an Xbox owner I miss the baseball games they used to have. Last time I was playing there wasn't a decent option for a baseball game on Xbox.

Been playing Super Mega Baseball 2 for about 2 weeks, fun game.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/25/19 01:42 AM
I will check it out - see if there is a demo available. Thanks
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/30/19 11:44 PM
Sounds like Days Gone is not a hit with a lot of the websites out there that review games. IGN gave it a 6, and metacritic didn't rate it much higher.

I am a sucker for zombie games, so i may pick this up on the cheap in a few months. Bummer, but I'm sure another zombie game will come around, and I think Dead Island 2 is on the horizon.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/28/19 08:03 PM
Current games:

Fire Pro Wrestling - Think about those great WWE/WCW games from the N64 but with a PS4 upgrade (well, the engine is smooth and fast, the graphics are kind of cartoony). It's cool to download all the greats from the 80's.

Zelda - Breath of the Wild (Switch) - Damn this game in deep! There's so much here I don't know if I'll ever finish it. The weapon durability is a PITA, but I'm dealing. So far, it's been great.

I also downloaded F1 2018 for $15 a few weeks back. It's quite solid. I've only played it on rookie so far. I don't know how anyone could play it on pro.
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/30/19 04:18 PM
I completed the main storyline for Breath of the Wild and only completed like 15% of the game, currently 115 hours spent on it. There is a ton to do.

Fire Pro is AWESOME! The community that creates these guys is great. It's so much better than the 2K games.
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/30/19 04:20 PM
Also on Fire Pro, you may already know this but you can search and download the wrestlers from your phone or pc and they will automatically load up on your game then when you play next.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/30/19 06:12 PM
yeeeeeeeeeessssss

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare first-look preview: Inside the provocative reboot of a gaming blockbuster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/call-duty-modern-warfare-first-170102569.html

Ahead of the reveal the first trailer and release date of 25 November for the rebooted Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Tom Hoggins visited Infinity Ward's Californian studio to take a first-look at a provocative new game for 2019

It is just a glimpse of a wider scene, but its impact is felt hard enough. Familiar London roads packed with traffic at dusk, shoppers tottering on the path. A normal night in Piccadilly Circus.

Until, as a young police officer, you are pointing a gun and screaming at a small group of suspects to get on the ground. As they put their hands on their head and drop to their knees slowly --too slowly-- a white van screeches out of the jam before exploding in a whorling fireball that engulfs the line of cars and shatters the shop-front windows. Screams mix with the crash of broken glass.

In the theatre of Infinity Ward’s Burbank abode, creative director and co-studio head Patrick Kelly cuts something of a nervous figure as he shows off the instigating event of the ‘reimagined’ Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for the first time.

You can understand why. The first Modern Warfare (2007) and its two sequels are epoch-making first-person shooters and, for their time, the most popular video games on the planet. The Call of Duty juggernaut has rolled on under publisher Activision and a coterie of development teams, but rarely has it felt as significant as Infinity Ward returning to Modern Warfare. “For us as a company, it was a big moment when we took the decision to revisit this series,” says Kelly.

No kidding. And while this is the fourth game to bear the Modern Warfare title, it is not Modern Warfare 4. Instead this is a reboot of the series, a shift which the studio likens to recasting James Bond for a new era. With it comes the return of a narrative campaign after a single-player hiatus in Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
More
“The world has changed a whole lot since Modern Warfare 3 came out,” says narrative director Taylor Kurosaki. “Frankly for us as storytellers, there were no relatable stakes left in [Modern Warfare 3] for us to craft a narrative around. This is Modern Warfare though; it is everything you love and expect about the series, but it is for the time we live in.”

And what would Modern Warfare be without provocation? While it will doubtless ignite debate over whether video games are suitable ground for evoking all-too-real London terror attacks, Infinity Ward are unapologetic for creating a campaign that the studio says ‘explores the uncomfortable realities’ of modern warfare. The Piccadilly bombing kickstarts a series of events that has Tier 1 SAS operatives --lead by a reborn Captain Price-- hunting out clues to the identity and whereabouts of the perpetrators.

“War isn’t on some battlefield any more, it’s in everybody’s cities,” says campaign director Jacob Minkoff. “It’s in the cities of the people living in the Middle East, it’s in our cities. If we’re going to tell a story about modern warfare, terrorism and the global war on terror has to be involved. Otherwise it’s not telling the true story.”

Call of Duty (and Modern Warfare in particular) has never been shy of controversy, of course, providing both tremendous, heart-stopping moments and ghoulish provocations such as the infamous ‘No Russian’ mission in Modern Warfare 2.

Here was a mission in which you participate in a mass shooting at a Moscow airport while undercover with a terrorist cell. I would, as I did then, defend the developer’s right to attempt such a scene, but few would argue No Russian justified its existence beyond shock value.

More
No doubt with that controversy in mind Infinity Ward often moved to reassure that, while this new Modern Warfare is looking to “push boundaries”, it is exhaustively researched and the developers have ‘drawn lines’ to stay on the right side of gratuitous.

“It’s never violence for violence’s sake,” says Kurosaki. “And it’s never a presentation of violence that is intended to titillate. It’s a realistic depiction of what those situations are like. It’s nothing more and nothing less. To do less would be to do a disservice to the reality. And to do more is profiting off of a real situation.”

This reach for authenticity spreads to the gameplay too. As well as the highly-trained SAS soldiers --equipped with high-tech weaponry, night vision and airstrikes-- you will fight as and alongside Middle-Eastern freedom fighters in a fictional country called Urzikstan. Fighting as the rebels will be markedly different, relying on rickety weaponry and guerilla warfare.

The contrasting styles, says Minkoff, will make for the most varied combat Call of Duty has seen. It supposedly creates a four-way conflict, with you fighting as a Tier 1 soldier against other Tier 1 soldiers and under-equipped terrorists. Or as a rebel fighting terrorists and the more formidable threat of Tier 1 enemies. You will have Western friends and foes, Russian and Middle-Eastern allies and antagonists.

This dichotomy is well demonstrated by a pair of missions, hand-picked to drive home the notion that this Call of Duty is not like the others. The first is an SAS assault on a North London townhouse, believed to be occupied by the perpetrators of the Piccadilly bombing.

You and the team, led by Price, mercilessly and mechanically move through the tight corridors of the house, shooting out the lights and switching to the sickly green glow of night-vision, dropping any stumbling enemy in sight with a thup-thup from a silenced rifle. Shooting through walls when under fire, given the option of slowly opening or bashing in doors.

It is intimate and brutal. Upstairs a baby cries and my stomach lurches. But, mercifully, the mother and babe in arms are quickly secured by a squadmate on the order of Price. The sequence (both planned and motion-captured by real Navy Seals) is deliberately uncomfortable throughout, with the sheer detachment and cold calculus echoing the revered AC-130 mission of the original Modern Warfare. Albeit more up close and personal.

The second mission is equally provocative, if the polar opposite in terms of emotion. This scene flashes back twenty years to the childhood of Farah, leader of the Urzikstan freedom fighters inspired by Kurdish women’s protection units, and an attack on her hometown by Russian military. As the young girl, you must escape the massacre with your brother, scavenging a gas mask and keeping out of sight.

More
At one point you are locked into your own house, harried by the Russian soldier that killed your father. He stomps around the house after you, not unlike a pursuing monster in a horror game, while you need to make use of cover and small gaps before getting the better of him with the sharp end of a screwdriver. It is a fiery, unpredictable and often distressing sequence, designed to help you understand why a young Middle-Eastern girl would pledge to a rebel’s cause.

“Farah was inspired heavily by a group of fighters that go by the name of the YPJ,” says Kurosaki. “It’s not a 1-to-1 representation but the idea of someone like that; a female fighter in the Middle-East whose life could have gone a completely different way if the war had not come to her hometown. To be able to put the player in those shoes and feel what that might feel like I think is incredibly powerful.”

As you may have figured by now, while this reimagined Modern Warfare shares plenty of its predecessors’ gumption, it is gunning for a different tone. Minkoff tells me there is a ‘collateral damage’ rank in the game which tracks how reckless you are in combat. You are rewarded for keeping your missions clear of unnecessary deaths and rebuked for recklessness.

“It's a recognition of the fact that your enemies don’t necessarily wear uniforms, that they will use human shields, that they will hide and pretend to be innocent,” says Minkoff. “They are using everything at their disposal to stab you in the back at the moment they can. It means threat identification is incredibly important, because you don’t know until the last moment whether someone is a threat or not.”

And while the missions on show were tightly authored to hit certain beats and elicit a specific reaction, Minkoff assures me that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will still have ‘marines rolling across the desert with armour and airstrikes’ and wide-open, multi objective levels. “We specifically chose to show you two of the more emotionally impactful, cinematic sequences in the game to really put a stake in the ground and say this isn’t the same old thing,” he says.

Nor is it the same old thing on the technical side, with Infinity Ward’s IW engine getting a significant upgrade for Modern Warfare. It is, without question, the best looking Call of Duty yet and incorporates a variety of emerging techniques that will likely be mainstays for the next generation. There is an extraordinary amount of detail in each environment, driven by photogrammetry which has the artists scanning in objects in an attempt to make the game as photo-realistic as possible. Piccadilly Circus itself was scanned to make it feel authentic. Costumes and weapons are rich with material detail that will surely be a boon for inevitable multiplayer customisation.

A slew of technical upgrades will have a big effect on lighting and effects such as night-vision
More
But beyond the aesthetic, ‘spectral rendering’ will have a notable effect on night-vision and thermal goggles. Rather than just layering an effect over the existing scene, switching to a different kind of vision will make a more authentic difference. Thermal will now enable you to pick out vehicles that have just arrived on a scene via the heat of their engines.

There are a plethora of seemingly innocuous tweaks to gameplay and weapons behaviour that play to Infinity Ward’s claim that Modern Warfare is the ‘most authentic’ Call of Duty they have made. You can reload while continuing to aim down the sights, while scope magnification happens in situ rather than creating a black frame on the outside of the screen. You will climb steps rather than float over them and you can ‘mount’ your gun on any surface (horizontal or vertical) to steady your aim and keep partially in cover. Objects will react differently when hit with different caliber bullets.

With such lovingly crafted destruction, Infinity Ward will still need to wrestle with the challenge of tonal disconnect between its earnest campaign and the high-tempo hijinks of multiplayer; especially as progression and levelling across all of Modern Warfare’s modes (whatever they may be) will be linked. And questions remain whether Call of Duty --the quintessential blockbuster video game-- can pull off the provocative story it is striving for.

But if I learnt anything from my time with the game, it is that Infinity Ward are seemingly sparing no expense to achieve its aims. “Modern Warfare was a rallying cry,” says Minkoff. “I want to push the medium forward, I want to do things in video games that have never been done, I want to make players feel things they have never felt.

“If Modern Warfare is coming back, it has to be perfect.”
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/30/19 07:21 PM
I just say this today - a video clip for it.

I am very hard pressed to get excited. I didn't buy the last COD (first time in the franchise I didn't buy one).

I have been let down too many times recently.

WWII was ok, but could have and should have been so much better.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/30/19 08:42 PM
Gameplay looks really good man. I’m glad they brought back the single player campaign mode too cause straight multiplayer was dumb.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/04/19 12:22 AM
Gameplay looks really good man. I’m glad they brought back the single player campaign mode too cause straight multiplayer was dumb.

The campaign mode for MW 1-3 had pretty cool story lines. I think they tried to cut corners by just focusing on multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, multiplayer is the most important part of the game, but I think it helps relate players to the maps.

I still find myself popping in MW1 all the time, just because it's so damn good.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/04/19 12:24 PM
Completely agree. That's why I didn't buy the last game. No campaign, no money from me.

I play countless more hours on multiplayer, but the first thing I do before I even try to get into MP, is play the campaign first.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/09/19 08:47 PM
RUNNNN!

NBA2K19 for 2.99 digital download on Xbox and PS4. Limited time only
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/11/19 07:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

I *think* so, but I'm not certain. I'm sure that I've looked at it; the guys I game with have brought it up before.

Currently, all of my gaming time gets split between "Insurgency: Sandstorm" and "Sea of Thieves". SoT is my new Crack.... I can contentedly waste an entire day in that game.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/12/19 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I *think* so, but I'm not certain. I'm sure that I've looked at it; the guys I game with have brought it up before.

Currently, all of my gaming time gets split between "Insurgency: Sandstorm" and "Sea of Thieves". SoT is my new Crack.... I can contentedly waste an entire day in that game.

What is Sea of Thieves like? An action/adventure pirate game looks good, but I don't want to throw myself into a WoW situation. Just don't have time for that anymore.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/15/19 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
RUNNNN!

damn!

how is the mycareer mode? i heard the last few years, it's been crappy. It's what i do most on 2k, the last copy i have is 2016 and that mycareer mode isnt too bad
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/17/19 02:41 PM
RUNNNN!

damn!

how is the mycareer mode? i heard the last few years, it's been crappy. It's what i do most on 2k, the last copy i have is 2016 and that mycareer mode isnt too bad
I am playing myGM. I was never a big fan of MyCareer because I refuse to pay to play.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/17/19 03:35 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

What is Sea of Thieves like? An action/adventure pirate game looks good, but I don't want to throw myself into a WoW situation. Just don't have time for that anymore.

It really isn't WoW-like, at all.

Yes, you earn "levels" in things toward becoming a 'Pirate Legend', but that is where any sort of of comparison ends. SoT is a game that you can pick up, play for an hour or two, then not come back to it for several days and you will not be left behind. Everything you earn in-game is cosmetic only... no one blunderbuss or pistol is better than another. It's *always* just a matter of you, your skill, and your cunning (being Pirate is fun wink ).

There is also a pretty wide variety of things to do these days... hunt for treasure, follow Tall Tales, run Merchant voyages, go fishing, hunt down Pirate Captains, battle in The Arena (for the hardcore PvP types), tackle Skeleton Forts.... all while potentially battling and fending off the Kraken, Skeleton Ships, Megalodons, and other players. smile
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/19/19 11:55 PM
RUNNNN!

damn!

I am playing myGM. I was never a big fan of MyCareer because I refuse to pay to play.

I am definitely not throwing any money into this game. I started the mycareer, and the story actually so far is pretty cool. You start off as a guy who does not get picked in the draft, and has to work his way through the Chinese league, and then into the G League. I think that is actually a smart move to try to incorporate your affiliates into the game.

I used to do GM mode with my buddy, back when we were kids. We'd simulate all the games while drinking beers and see who could piece together better teams.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/21/19 05:57 PM
RUNNNN!

damn!

I am definitely not throwing any money into this game. I started the mycareer, and the story actually so far is pretty cool. You start off as a guy who does not get picked in the draft, and has to work his way through the Chinese league, and then into the G League. I think that is actually a smart move to try to incorporate your affiliates into the game.

I used to do GM mode with my buddy, back when we were kids. We'd simulate all the games while drinking beers and see who could piece together better teams.
problem with that is, youll score like 5 points a game until your dude is rated a 75 or higher. which will take like 5 seasons.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/25/19 11:38 PM
RUNNNN!

damn!

problem with that is, youll score like 5 points a game until your dude is rated a 75 or higher. which will take like 5 seasons.

I'm up to about 7 points ppg now, and I'm the 6th man lol

Still a fun game and couldn't beat the 3$ price tag. I hope there are more deals like this for other games.

Right now I am playing 2k19, and I finally busted out GTA V on ps4. such an amazing game. I am still on Witcher 3, but it's been on the backburner.

I'm also playing a TON of Everybody's Golf. Pretty amazing game. I usually play for about an hour before I go to bed. Nice relaxing game, and pretty simple.

Only downer is, I'm more off the simulation type style for sports games, and this has more of an arcade feel than the Tiger Woods or any of the older golf games. It's still fun, I just wish they'd reboot Tiger.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/26/19 01:45 PM
RUNNNN!

damn!

I'm up to about 7 points ppg now, and I'm the 6th man lol

Still a fun game and couldn't beat the 3$ price tag. I hope there are more deals like this for other games.

Right now I am playing 2k19, and I finally busted out GTA V on ps4. such an amazing game. I am still on Witcher 3, but it's been on the backburner.

I'm also playing a TON of Everybody's Golf. Pretty amazing game. I usually play for about an hour before I go to bed. Nice relaxing game, and pretty simple.

Only downer is, I'm more off the simulation type style for sports games, and this has more of an arcade feel than the Tiger Woods or any of the older golf games. It's still fun, I just wish they'd reboot Tiger.

They really should. They tried with Rory, but it just wasn't the same. The game lacked a bit.
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/27/19 05:59 PM
Golf Club 2019 is really good if your looking for sim golf. It's a little harder than Tiger/Rory but once you get it down its pretty great if you truly like sim.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/09/19 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
I completed the main storyline for Breath of the Wild and only completed like 15% of the game, currently 115 hours spent on it. There is a ton to do.

I love that game. So much to do and so much fun.

Didn’t you and I race each other in Mario Kart online years ago? Haha. I think it was you. I think your are one of the few others on here who like Nintendo.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/10/19 01:42 PM
I am back to playing Spiderman on PS4. I stopped playing when I got AC Odyssey.

I will probably play this until Madden comes out.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/11/19 02:24 AM
When does Madden come out?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/11/19 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

I really don't care. Thanks
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/16/19 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
If you get the Limited Edition version you get access on 7-30, if you buy the standard version, you get it 8-2.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/16/19 06:32 PM
J/C

I finished the Spiderman storyline - man what a good and fun game to play. I recommend it highly.

I will be playing the side missions and such when I can here on out,
Posted By: cle23 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/16/19 11:18 PM
Anyone play Final Fantasy 14? The new expansion is amazing. Never thought I'd play a MMO again after quitting WoW years ago, but 14 is miles ahead.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/17/19 12:04 PM
Originally Posted By: cle23
Anyone play Final Fantasy 14? The new expansion is amazing. Never thought I'd play a MMO again after quitting WoW years ago, but 14 is miles ahead.
I never really got into games like that myself.

I get the appeal, its just my cup of tea.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/17/19 12:04 PM
J/C

I heard they are releasing Shenmue III. I am beyond ecstatic for this game!
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/17/19 01:43 PM
J/C

No love for Baker on the madden ratings - 83 overall.

Ward is an 88 and Chubb 85.

Link
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/18/19 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

I love that game. So much to do and so much fun.

Didn’t you and I race each other in Mario Kart online years ago? Haha. I think it was you. I think your are one of the few others on here who like Nintendo.

Yes we did! Yeah I typically don't get a response on my Nintendo posts. The Wii is what got me back into Nintendo, before that the last Nintendo console I had played was the SNES. I love the Switch, now having kids it's great being able to play anywhere in the house or off-screen when the kids are watching a show.
Posted By: cle23 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/19/19 03:08 AM
I never really got into games like that myself.

I get the appeal, its just my cup of tea.

My brother and a couple buddies play, so I decided to try it out a while back. At the time, it was free to level up to 35 with all classes. After doing that for a while I signed up and haven't stopped since. I don't play a ton, but it doesn't finish you for it like WoW seemed to.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/19/19 12:34 PM
J/C

Pre-Ordered Madden.

I cant let the first year in my madden life we are good be the year I don't buy it.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/30/19 12:03 PM
Madden has released if you had the more expensive version.

I was playing a bit last night before I went to bed, so and the early returns are pretty good, I must say.

Noticeable first are the graphics. The players a little sleeker, the colors a little more vibrant, and the animations are very well done. Snow games, you can see each and every step on the snow covered field.

Second was gameplay and gameplay speed. They players move faster - very noticeable as soon as you field the first kick. With that, player speed ratings ACTUALLY make a difference. Gone are the days of a LB chasing down a guy like OBJ from behind.

Defensive is more realistic. A few times early, I threw a ball thinking the LB was going to bat it down, or make an INT as they would normally in last years game. Nope. This year LB don't have super moves or are able to jump any ball they like with speed of a rocket.

Passing - the passing is much improved as well. Ball speeds and throw types are more realistic, and players arm strength comes into play more than ever.

Running - with the limited game play, I felt it was a little easier to run, but you didn't get as many "chunk" plays. In last years game, far too often I would run and get 1 yard. 1 yard. -1 yard. 2 yards. then I would bust a 30 yard run. then a 15 yard run. then a 1 yard. etc. This year, it seems to me you will get more 3-5 yard runs, then no gain and negative runs.

QB1 Franchise Mode - I dabbled with this a little bit. Ehhhhhh, I think it could be something good, but I just don't like the story mode etc. They are still lacking behind 2K in this regard to their MyPlayer. But its def. better than last years version when you play that guy from some bum HS and work your way through like a movie.

Franchise - I didn't notice too much difference with the Franchise mode. But I will admit I only jumped it and looked at it. I did not start a Franchise mode yet.

Overall - I am VERY optimistic with this game. I think it has all the potential to be the best Madden game in a LONGGGGG TIME. The gameplay and smoothness of the players reactions and speed alone make a huge difference.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/30/19 03:11 PM
J/C

I finished the Spiderman storyline - man what a good and fun game to play. I recommend it highly.

Great freaking game! I got 100% on that one and it was worth every minute. I didn't do the DLC because I read that it wasn't all that much extra gaming. I had already moved on to a new game so I never bought it. Yeah, I recommend it highly too. I hope they release a 2nd one next year.

Switch owners - I downloaded Super Blood Hockey yesterday. Holy crap it's a blast. Sure, it's a copy of the old NES Ice Hockey with tons of blood, but there are challenges & tournaments. Great fun for $7 (I had a $35 gift card to the Nintendo Shop).

I also downloaded Super Street Fighter IV on my PS4 a week back. Damn, it's so good. I can beat the computer on normal with ~10 characters. I'd probably get destroyed online. It's fun learning the moves and pulling off a super combo finisher.

I was into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a while, but man that game just grinds my gears. I've had to rage quit a few times trying to get gold on the 200cc circuit. The logic to punish the guy in first place is maddening sometimes.

I might buy the new Madden when it drops to $29 or cheaper. I used to play Madden and the NCAA game so much back in the day. I got burnt out. It's hard to get back into that. Plus, I have so many games I can play for 5, 10 or 15 minutes. A football game is a bit of investment. We'll see...
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/30/19 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
J/C

Great freaking game! I got 100% on that one and it was worth every minute. I didn't do the DLC because I read that it wasn't all that much extra gaming. I had already moved on to a new game so I never bought it. Yeah, I recommend it highly too. I hope they release a 2nd one next year.

Switch owners - I downloaded Super Blood Hockey yesterday. Holy crap it's a blast. Sure, it's a copy of the old NES Ice Hockey with tons of blood, but there are challenges & tournaments. Great fun for $7 (I had a $35 gift card to the Nintendo Shop).

I also downloaded Super Street Fighter IV on my PS4 a week back. Damn, it's so good. I can beat the computer on normal with ~10 characters. I'd probably get destroyed online. It's fun learning the moves and pulling off a super combo finisher.

I was into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for a while, but man that game just grinds my gears. I've had to rage quit a few times trying to get gold on the 200cc circuit. The logic to punish the guy in first place is maddening sometimes.

I might buy the new Madden when it drops to $29 or cheaper. I used to play Madden and the NCAA game so much back in the day. I got burnt out. It's hard to get back into that. Plus, I have so many games I can play for 5, 10 or 15 minutes. A football game is a bit of investment. We'll see...
This is an issue and Madden has tried to address this. You can play Key Moments (about a 20 min game), offense only, or defense only, along with a full game.

The Key moments is cool, it will allow you control key drives, or if the AI is driving on you take over the def and try to stop them. might be an avenue for you.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/06/19 06:35 PM
ughhh, sold my playstation last night. man, I didn't really think it was going to be so hard - I know that seems weird, but let me explain.

I got this the day it came out. It was the first xmas present my wife bought me as a married couple (yes it came out in November - but it counted as my xmas gift smile ).

I spent HOURS playing when my nephews would come over and spend the night at my house. WE would play COD all night, eating pizza and snacks, chugging Mt. Dew lol.

When my son was born, I was laid off from work. I spent the first 4 months as a stay at home dad, but I also was the night watchman. So when he would wake up or need fed throughout the night, I would hold him in my arms playing Mad Max and Madden 16. I have pictures of him as old as 8 months holding a DualShock controller wearing my headset.

I remember my brother buying the VR system when it first came out and I ran over his house with my wife, and the second she played it (she despises video games), she looked at me and said, "ughhh, go get one" (any expense over 200.00 we discuss with each other - just our little rule).

Maybe its the whole moving process for me (we are selling our home and decluttering), but man I had a little frog in my throat explaining how to sync the controllers to the system.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/11/19 05:47 PM
Punch, I downloaded FirePro for PC yesterday, and you can download high quality user created wrestlers. I’ve got all the current WWE guys, the old ones, WCW, and AEW.

Anyone been playing Mario Maker 2? The courses are a great challenge!
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/17/19 09:25 PM

I play 14. The shadowbringer story was great. Being an mmo, I feel they've done a decent job of allowing people to catch up if you don't play all the time. You can be hardcore and keep up with everything or play as you have time. With a gear reset every 8-9 months, you don't have a huge grind to play catch up if you take a break.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/17/19 09:26 PM
I also bought a switch last year just for mario kart. Links awakening coming out for the switch in September.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/19/19 01:21 AM
What are your opinion of Mario Kart on there? I was thinking about doing the same
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/20/19 12:26 PM
Punch, I downloaded FirePro for PC yesterday, and you can download high quality user created wrestlers. I’ve got all the current WWE guys, the old ones, WCW, and AEW.

Anyone been playing Mario Maker 2? The courses are a great challenge!

Yeah, it's a blast downloading all the 80's wrestlers. I also created a character and went through the whole story mode, it was cool. The challenges are hard (some are impossible).

I've wanted MM2, but we'll see.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/20/19 12:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
What are your opinion of Mario Kart on there? I was thinking about doing the same

IMO, it's a great but frustrating game. If you're going to be playing with other people, it's a blast. If you're going to be playing against the computer to "gold" all the CC classes, you make break your controller.

Goodness, their rubberband logic is amazingly unfair. And a few of those rainbow road courses are freaking impossible on 200CC. I fall off every other turn.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/21/19 12:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Love it. The online feature can be full of cheaters, but still fun.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/25/19 01:19 AM
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/10/19 04:54 AM
jc

EA worst reddit comment sets world record
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/10/19 11:09 PM
Maybe it's my inner geek and that I played the tar out of this ages ago, but I think this is quite cool. I'm not saying I'd attempt it or watch live on Twitch, but when a record is set, I'll take notice. This happened a few weeks back.

Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 10/10/19 01:38 AM
I've been playing a bunch of retro games lately. I added a bunch of different consoles and games to my raspberry pi.

The old Zelda games are so awesome. Link to the Past on SNES is a top 5 game all time for me, any console new or old.
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 10/14/19 04:17 PM
They added this to the SNES Online on the Switch recently. I started to play but then Links Awakening got released and I have been on that. Once I complete that Id like to go back and play Link to the Past.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 10/15/19 03:31 AM
They added this to the SNES Online on the Switch recently. I started to play but then Links Awakening got released and I have been on that. Once I complete that Id like to go back and play Link to the Past.

it holds up really well

i know eventually there is going to be official emulation on the nintendo 64 whether it be through the switch or via a classic console, and i know i'm going to be heartbroken when ocarina of time does not hold up as well, because i dumped so many hours into that game, and it never got old
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 10/25/19 02:46 PM
J/C

Any reviews on the new COD? I didn't buy last years game at all because there was no campaign, and I have not purchased this year's version yet. I am still debating on getting it now, or just waiting.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/22/19 06:28 AM
Has any one played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/22/19 08:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Squires
Has any one played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order?
I was actually going to ask that myself.

I did get the new COD, I love it.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/24/19 09:47 PM
Just finished Ace Combat... pretty fun game

I am now starting God of War. I am slowly getting through my backlog.

I think if i actually catch up, I may replay Horizon Zero Dawn. That may be my favorite ps4 game to date.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/26/19 02:42 PM

I think if i actually catch up, I may replay Horizon Zero Dawn. That may be my favorite ps4 game to date.
I still haven't got around to buying Ace Combat. I want to so bad, just haven't had the time, and COD has taken up all my gaming as of late.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/26/19 05:31 PM

I still haven't got around to buying Ace Combat. I want to so bad, just haven't had the time, and COD has taken up all my gaming as of late.

If you are a fan of the series, it's a must-have. You get 20 fun missions and a ton of planes, and tons of perks to add to your planes.

It was honestly refreshing to see a game that didn't constantly bug you about buying extra stuff on top of the game you already paid for. I'm not saying there isn't any there, but I didn't really look and it wasn't shoved in my face, which I appreciate. I know that is a rarity these days with games always trying to siphon more money out of you after you have spent your money on the game.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/26/19 08:56 PM

If you are a fan of the series, it's a must-have. You get 20 fun missions and a ton of planes, and tons of perks to add to your planes.

It was honestly refreshing to see a game that didn't constantly bug you about buying extra stuff on top of the game you already paid for. I'm not saying there isn't any there, but I didn't really look and it wasn't shoved in my face, which I appreciate. I know that is a rarity these days with games always trying to siphon more money out of you after you have spent your money on the game.
You've sold me. I was going to get it for PS4 because I had the VR, but my PS4 was giving me a little issues, so I ended up selling it because I have a Xbox one s that's only two years old. Ill get PS5 next year smile

But not having VR for it was holding me back a bit, as I literally kept VR JUST FOR THAT GAME, but finally I said - ehhh, time to get rid of it.

Hoping they really take some leaps with VR on the 5, because it has so much potential.

Illhave to put AC on my xmas list
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/28/19 07:17 PM
Yeah I could see AC in VR being ridiculous.

I picked up a few games the last few weeks, because the prices were so tough to pass up. I got Yakuza 0 and Dishonored 2 for about 30 bucks total.

I also picked up the complete version of Horizon Zero Dawn for ten bucks, to give to my nephew. He's just getting into video games and I think he'd love the gameplay for it.

I am enjoying God of War. Better than I thought it would be. I love the RPG elements they have added.

I really can't wait to get into Yakuza 0, that series has been one of my favorites. I really wish there was backwards compatibility, because I have pretty much every game in the series and those earlier ones on ps2 and ps3 were so damn good.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/03/19 01:22 PM

I picked up a few games the last few weeks, because the prices were so tough to pass up. I got Yakuza 0 and Dishonored 2 for about 30 bucks total.

I also picked up the complete version of Horizon Zero Dawn for ten bucks, to give to my nephew. He's just getting into video games and I think he'd love the gameplay for it.

I am enjoying God of War. Better than I thought it would be. I love the RPG elements they have added.

I really can't wait to get into Yakuza 0, that series has been one of my favorites. I really wish there was backwards compatibility, because I have pretty much every game in the series and those earlier ones on ps2 and ps3 were so damn good.
I don't think I ever got into any of those. Don't think I ever played one.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/14/19 08:20 PM

I don't think I ever got into any of those. Don't think I ever played one.

They aren't for everyone, but if you are big into the story of video games, it's for you. The Japanese culture of organized crime has always been pretty interesting to me as well. The gameplay can be kinda repetitive, but there is plenty to do, and there are 6+ games.

They have re-done the first two from the ps2 days, and i believe they cleaned up some of the translation, so you get a good experience. I picked up the first game for like 12 bucks. In January they are releasing updated versions of 3 and 4, and they are adding the 5th game which was never released in the US. I am most definitely going to be buying that day 1. Now I just need time to play all these games, lol.

I would definitely check out some videos on youtube. It is maybe my most favorite post ps2 series. Really good stuff. I want to start at Yakuza 0, then go right in order
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/21/19 06:43 PM
Wife got me the PSVR for Christmas, she also got me Jedi Fallen Order (which looks amazing)

The VR came with 5 games, including RE7, Everybody's Golf (i have the regular version, it's a great golf game), Skyrim, and 2 other games kinda designed for VR.

I played some demos last night, this is actually cooler than I thought it would be. I did the soccer heading game which was a lot of fun

I don't even know when I am going to start Fallen Order but I can't wait, I have been watching Twitch people play all week, not staying on too long though so I avoid spoilers
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/23/19 01:40 PM
Wife got me the PSVR for Christmas, she also got me Jedi Fallen Order (which looks amazing)

The VR came with 5 games, including RE7, Everybody's Golf (i have the regular version, it's a great golf game), Skyrim, and 2 other games kinda designed for VR.

I played some demos last night, this is actually cooler than I thought it would be. I did the soccer heading game which was a lot of fun

I don't even know when I am going to start Fallen Order but I can't wait, I have been watching Twitch people play all week, not staying on too long though so I avoid spoilers
Yes, VR was is pretty awesome as far as how far the tech has come.

I sold mine, simply because there just were not that many good games, and I got tired of the all the cords and extra boxes.

I hoping the PS5 will have a wireless VR.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/25/19 04:34 PM
yeah that's my only gripe is that all the wires ugly up my tv area

i cannot wait to start Fallen Order!
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/30/19 08:50 PM
I'm completely tired of Destiny and The Division. I have a couple games that I need to finish up. One of those is Witcher 3... and for some reason I'm really looking forward to sinking a bunch of time into that. I don't remember why I put that game down.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/30/19 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm completely tired of Destiny and The Division. I have a couple games that I need to finish up. One of those is Witcher 3... and for some reason I'm really looking forward to sinking a bunch of time into that. I don't remember why I put that game down.

It’s one of the best games I have ever played but man it is long. Like even the story arc is long, but aside from that you wanna do all the side stuff because that stuff is fun. I deleted the install but I have my save file and I will be jumping in again at some point.

I beat God of War. Fun game but the story part is really short. Enjoyable game tho.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/30/19 09:23 PM
I really want to give Projekt Red my money. I'm definitely grabbing Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/30/19 09:27 PM
yeah that's my only gripe is that all the wires ugly up my tv area

i cannot wait to start Fallen Order!
I played about an hour so far, I am underwhelmed.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/31/19 12:25 AM
Flight simulator returns in 2020. Looks interesting as it's supposed to interface with Bing maps to pull satelite data for the location you are flying in, allowing you to fly anywhere in the world. Downside is this means you always need an internet connection to play the game. There was a mention of an offline mode, but not sure how it will work. There is also supposed to be able to get real time weather conditions. I'm definitely going to go fly into a hurricane. smile

On another note, I ended up with $75 of steam gift cards for Christmas. Now I need to figure out what to buy.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 01/05/20 05:09 AM
Thanks for that update.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 01/07/20 01:41 PM
PS5 - anyone know when pre orders may come about?

Getting excited! Although I hear the new Xbox might be sick!
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 01/07/20 05:20 PM
Flight simulator returns in 2020. Looks interesting as it's supposed to interface with Bing maps to pull satelite data for the location you are flying in, allowing you to fly anywhere in the world. Downside is this means you always need an internet connection to play the game. There was a mention of an offline mode, but not sure how it will work. There is also supposed to be able to get real time weather conditions. I'm definitely going to go fly into a hurricane. smile

On another note, I ended up with $75 of steam gift cards for Christmas. Now I need to figure out what to buy.

I've watched some videos and stuff on this. It looks amazing. The "online" mode is meant for the more immersive experience, where it will take Bing maps and actively convert buildings into 3D structures as you fly. The offline mode would behave more like current flight sims where common structures are already rendered, but everything else is just sort of "flat textures". The game looks amazing though!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 01/08/20 05:33 AM
PS5 - anyone know when pre orders may come about?

Getting excited! Although I hear the new Xbox might be sick!

I’m a part time gamer, but my 14yo daughter is a full time gamer, last week she came up to me and said dad, we dont need to buy that dog we were talking about, and my 2 xbox’s I have we can trade them in for the new xbox. She was so excited, she said about a 1000 words in like 1 minute, lol.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/10/20 04:11 PM
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

This might be the biggest gaming news in decades!!!!!!

NFL2K COMING SOON!!!!!

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2020.../7181583846694/

EDIT TO ADD:

My excitement was short lived. They are not making "simulation" type games. Sounds like they will only make NFL Blitz type arcade games. SMH. Still stuck with Madden.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/20/20 10:25 AM
That’s a bummer to me as well ... I wasn’t a fan of NFL Blitz. I prefer more realistic type sports games.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/22/20 06:30 PM
Does anyone play The Division 2 on PC? I bought on sale a couple weeks ago but I hardly play games anymore and need some people to game with on it.

I'm so bored I'm about to dust off the old PC and play again.

psydeffect is my uplay user name as well.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/26/20 02:43 AM
busted out an old tiger woods game, man i wish they would reboot the series. Golf games are so awesome
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/27/20 08:04 PM
They made the Rory one a few years ago. I dont recall how successful it was, I enjoyed it.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/28/20 04:10 PM
They made the Rory one a few years ago. I dont recall how successful it was, I enjoyed it.

haven't tried it, but the tiger one from 2013 is fun. Playing Augusta is so awesome.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/06/20 03:58 AM
FF7 remake releases this week. Since it was PS4 exclusive, I never paid attention to it. Then this past week, due to being stuck at home, I considered buying a PS4 just for this game. Then after looking into it, I saw they are only releasing part of the story. I'll pass for now.
Posted By: cle23 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/08/20 12:57 AM
FF7 remake releases this week. Since it was PS4 exclusive, I never paid attention to it. Then this past week, due to being stuck at home, I considered buying a PS4 just for this game. Then after looking into it, I saw they are only releasing part of the story. I'll pass for now.

They are only releasing party of the story, but expanding the first 8 hours or so to roughly 40 hours with new and expanded story.

It's not ideal, but the game is 100GB as is now. To release it as 1, it would be a 500-600GB game.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/08/20 10:44 PM
yeah, you might be better off buying a ps classic, that has the regular game, and i think you get the whole thing.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/09/20 05:48 PM
I would love to see them remake the original (or the second one, depending on how fanatical you are about the origins), but with a modern game engine; perhaps something like what is used for Tom Clancy's Division 2.

Oh, and release it for the PC.... ain't nobody got time for that console stuff these days
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/11/20 01:51 AM
Been playing a new RPG, Bless Unleashed. It’s a fun game, daughter has had to help me quite a bit.
Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/16/20 02:56 PM

haven't tried it, but the tiger one from 2013 is fun. Playing Augusta is so awesome.

Check out The Golf Club 2019. Its a little more sim than tiger woods, there is a learning curve in the beginning because it is not as forgiving as Tiger but once it clicks its really good. If you have PS Now its on there also.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/17/20 11:53 PM

Check out The Golf Club 2019. Its a little more sim than tiger woods, there is a learning curve in the beginning because it is not as forgiving as Tiger but once it clicks its really good. If you have PS Now its on there also.

are there a lot of courses? i might have to grab that. i don't mind a true sim either.is 2019 the best version?

i bought a ps store gift card the other day and basically got myself 5 games for the price of 1 brand new one. I got Days Gone for 20 bucks, and am loving the hell out of it. apparently it was meh when it came out, but the developers have improved it a bunch since the release.

I also got the GTA trilogy for 17, and NHL 20 for 23 bucks. Not a bad score. The digital content is cool too because you can switch without having to mess with discs. pretty nice. I was still mostly a disc guy but i figured why have anything shipped or go to any stores

Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/21/20 07:51 PM

are there a lot of courses? i might have to grab that. i don't mind a true sim either.is 2019 the best version?

i bought a ps store gift card the other day and basically got myself 5 games for the price of 1 brand new one. I got Days Gone for 20 bucks, and am loving the hell out of it. apparently it was meh when it came out, but the developers have improved it a bunch since the release.

I also got the GTA trilogy for 17, and NHL 20 for 23 bucks. Not a bad score. The digital content is cool too because you can switch without having to mess with discs. pretty nice. I was still mostly a disc guy but i figured why have anything shipped or go to any stores

Its officially licensed by the PGA Tour but I think there are only like 6 real courses but there is a course maker and people make some extremely lifelike courses.

2019 is the best version, they incorporated a career mode with rivals, they have online societies and do your own seasons, I actually like it better than the Tiger games because its more realistic.

Not sure what the price is but you can get a year of PS Now for $60 and its on there. Also on PS Now is Spiderman & Control, so you get a lot for $60.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/26/20 12:10 AM
Great thread!!!

However, I'm still trying to master the original video game PONG.

Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/26/20 12:30 AM
I, and my cousin, spent hours and hours playing that at my grandma and grandpas house.

And a few years later, mom and dad bought an Atari for our house. Played Space Invaders and Missile 'something' - I don't remember the name of it exactly. Ah, memories
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/26/20 10:07 PM
Anyone want to play a game of madden 20 on xbox tonight, let me know. User name is beerfrenchy
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/09/20 02:59 PM
jc

Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer red alert remastered is being released in June.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/09/20 07:54 PM
My wife and I have been saving up some money for this...

It comes on Monday. We figured if we're here in Alaska all summer, we might as well get lost in some virtual worlds.

I really enjoyed my PSVR, but it's incredibly limited compared to the dedicated PC headsets.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/12/20 05:14 AM
If you like PSVR and have a great computer, dive in with an Oculus Rift S or Valve Index. You'll love it.

Went on vacation tonight...

Posted By: brownsfan2119 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/12/20 07:27 PM

Its officially licensed by the PGA Tour but I think there are only like 6 real courses but there is a course maker and people make some extremely lifelike courses.

2019 is the best version, they incorporated a career mode with rivals, they have online societies and do your own seasons, I actually like it better than the Tiger games because its more realistic.

Not sure what the price is but you can get a year of PS Now for $60 and its on there. Also on PS Now is Spiderman & Control, so you get a lot for $60.

Looks they are releasing a new game soon, PGA Tour 2K21, details coming on the 14th.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/16/20 12:23 AM
PC VR Thoguts:

Skyrim is a blast. The combat is awesome as you literally swing your sword.

Beat Saber is a great at home VR workout.

Anyone else playing at home VR?
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/23/20 06:05 PM

Looks they are releasing a new game soon, PGA Tour 2K21, details coming on the 14th.

that is awesome, i hope they don't make it all microtransactions like the nba 2k series has recently.

aug release though, i will definitely keep an eye on it
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/29/20 03:57 PM

It comes on Monday. We figured if we're here in Alaska all summer, we might as well get lost in some virtual worlds.

Dude, you're in Alaska... go get lost in the REAL world! There are so many amazing things to see and do there. A good friend of mine lives in Soldotna and is constantly posting pics of trips to Valdez, flying up onto glaciers (a friend of his is a bush pilot), etc... Sooooo many once-in-a-lifetime kinda things for someone that is there for a short while (less than a few years).
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/29/20 08:15 PM
We're kicking around the idea of a trip into the road system.

Yet we have the concern of getting caught in a potential covid surge in Alaska, buying a house with money we've saved, summer grad classes, potential home renovations, painting a house and a few other things occurring where we live that are preventing more Alaska exploration this summer. We try to keep balance in everything we do.

My first six years in village included tons of exploration along the coast enjoying the beauty (as you probably saw in my picture posts), and now we're a bit further in-land. I would go out fishing in the Bering Sea and tag along for bird hunting those years, too.

We've been getting out a lot walking at least five miles a day, but the road system trip is on the back burner with things that have popped up due to Staycation 2020.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/29/20 08:26 PM
Alaska has a population of right around 734,000 people. Alaska has 430 reported cases. Go on the road trip.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 05/30/20 12:44 AM
I understand.

There's also the history of disease and viruses wiping out Alaska Native people. I'm going to do what's safe to protect myself and my community. Going to consult some friends in the medical field in a month to assess what is safe for us and the people I serve.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/01/20 01:44 PM
I imagine the awesomeness that is Alaska (I'm being sincere, not sarcastic) would kinda wear off after a while, no?

Honest question.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/23/20 11:20 PM
jc

Episode 1 racer released for PS4 and Switch today.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/24/20 12:11 AM
I imagine the awesomeness that is Alaska (I'm being sincere, not sarcastic) would kinda wear off after a while, no?

Honest question.

I can’t speak for him but it’s been 19 years that I’ve been in Portland. Seeing Mt Hood on a clear day still makes me smile.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/27/20 04:55 PM
Anyone watch that gameplay preview for Cyberpunk 2077? I have not been this excited for a new game in some time. I really hope it is not a letdown
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 06/29/20 02:17 PM
CD Projekt Red is my new favorite studio (now that Bioware is going down the crapper). I've been preordered for this game for forever.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/13/20 11:08 PM
jc

Flight sim release date is Aug 18.
Posted By: cle23 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/17/20 02:14 PM
I just recently discovered Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition was released on Steam a while back. I played quite a bit years ago(2000ish), and was pretty decent in online play, so I jumped back in to it and to say that I'm getting destroyed is an understatement. People are so much better nowadays, and have learned the optimal way to progress and its crazy if you don't follow a cookie cutter strategy how far behind you get. I'm still having fun, but it's a little sad that everyone plays exactly the same now.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/28/20 06:14 PM
It's that way with most any game, and the longer it has been out and unchanged, the more likely it is to happen, which is why the developers continually re-balance games like StarCraft; just to shuffle those strategies.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/09/20 04:40 PM
Don't know if anyone on this board is a fan of the baseball game The Show but one of my favorite YouTubers Matt Antonelli has a baseball channel where he played the game. He's a former baseball player in real life so it makes it more interesting as he can compare it to real life. Seems like a good guy too, so Its a fun channel if you like MLB.

Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/10/20 03:54 PM
just bought the show in the ps store sumer sale, 30 bucks. a buddy of mine was selling me on it. Their version of Ultimate is pretty fun with the baseball cards.
Posted By: Lurker Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/14/20 03:02 PM
Anyone watch that gameplay preview for Cyberpunk 2077? I have not been this excited for a new game in some time. I really hope it is not a letdown

I suck at FPS but I will buy this game, I love everything Cyber Punk so this right up my alley.
Posted By: Lurker Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/14/20 03:04 PM
Any StarCraft 2 fans?

I just started playing again. Right now I am Silver 3rd rank, Postion 1 or 2.....

I am still trying to work on my hotkeys, i feel once I can learn my hotkeys I will easy be Gold.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/15/20 05:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Lurker

I suck at FPS but I will buy this game, I love everything Cyber Punk so this right up my alley.

I love the release date of 11/19. I am going to be hitting that up all thanksgivin weekend lmao
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/19/20 04:52 PM
Any StarCraft 2 fans?

I just started playing again. Right now I am Silver 3rd rank, Postion 1 or 2.....

I am still trying to work on my hotkeys, i feel once I can learn my hotkeys I will easy be Gold.

I own it, but only ever play by myself vs the computer, and I only ever both playing as Protoss, and I use the same lame strategy every time that doesn't involve "zerg rushing". I fire it up maybe once a month and play a game or two to kill some time before walking away from it again.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/22/20 02:43 PM
watched some gameplay of the pga 2k21 game last night, this game looks pretty good, i am in the process of moving right now so i will probably hold off on purchasing, and maybe i can score a deal in the coming weeks.

Man did I need a current gen golf game though. Everybody's Golf is a fantastic game but I need I sim, and this one looks to be the part.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/23/20 08:32 PM
jc

Images of Cleveland from Flightsim 2020

USS Cod
Posted By: Lurker Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/24/20 05:15 PM
are they going release it or is it going to be delayed yet again? Lol
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 08/24/20 08:39 PM
are they going release it or is it going to be delayed yet again? Lol

pga? it's out!

Looks really good too. I have been watching some twitch streams with it lately. 15 courses is awesome. No Masters/Augusta is a bummer though.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/07/20 12:34 AM
Fall Guys <3
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/15/20 02:38 PM
So I finally have a hardwired connection for the ps4 in my new home. I subscribed the the ps plus so i can play games online.

downloaded warzone, and now im hooked, lol

holy crap this game is fun and i am definitely still learning
Posted By: willitevachange Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/18/20 04:55 AM
Anyone score a pre-order for PS5? Im soooo mad. First, the CEO said "gamers will have ample time notice for pre-orders"

a month later, he says, "Pre-orders will be tomorrow!"

5 min after he says THAT, retailers took pre-orders. I had notification setup from Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Sony, and I didn't get a single notification email that pre-orders were being taken.

THEN, Walmart says today at like 5pm EST, that "we will have more Pre-orders at 9pm EST"

Get on there site on my PC, my wifes PC, my phone, my wifes phone, and I even had my MOM at her house trying to get one. I get one in my cart, and click checkout, and then says "we're sorry, this item is sold out".

Really mad about it TBH. They should have sent notifications like they said they would.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/18/20 05:48 AM
I’m gonna pass on getting one till the Horizon sequel comes out.

You got owned by bots, unfortunately. Scalpers set up auto buy botnets. Then they flip the preorder online for double the money.

I dealt with the same nonsense when I was trying to get my Rift S back in March/April. It was straight up nonsense.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/19/20 02:04 AM
Gonna try to preorder the new xbox for my daughter I think on the 22nd.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/22/20 01:39 AM
Microsoft acquires Zenimax media which includes Bethesda Studios, Id Software, ZeniMax Online, Arkane Studios, Machine Games, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog Games, and Roundhouse Studios.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 09/22/20 02:39 AM
New Xbox pre orders start tomorrow at 11:00am, amazon, target, best buy are just 3 of the ones i will be trying to get one at. PS5 pre orders went really quick. I won’t be able to try til 3:00.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 10/21/20 08:50 PM
Recently changed out my ps4's HDD. got a 2tb on amazon for 60 bucks.

Pretty awesome, i am going to load so much of my backlog on this thing lol
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 11/15/20 01:57 AM
New Call of Duty, Cold War is out. I’ve got the cross-gen version so with my Xbox I can play with playstation players. Anybody wants to play my gamertag is BeerFrenchy. Not very good but I enjoy playing it.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/09/20 09:42 PM
Not a preorder guy but I am gonna pay for cyberpunk 2077 so it’s ready to go when I’m off work tomorrow !
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/10/20 02:46 PM
Picking it up later today, after I'm done with work (I have to be productive, so I'm going to hold off on going to get it until I finish these tasks).
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/10/20 04:11 PM
I broke down and pre-ordered it, too. Now I just need to fix the tv the system is hooked up to or rearrange things so I'll actually be able to play it.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/10/20 06:29 PM
CP77 Background: Transphobia, Crunch, and Tonedeaf Messaging

Highly encourage all of you to click the link and read.

I will not be buying this game.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/10/20 09:09 PM
I bought it because I wanted to support a studio that still takes the time and effort to make good games vs shoveling crap out of the door to make a deadline.

That said, I have been becoming more and more leery of the game as more and more bad press keeps coming out (many of it CDPR's own doing... as is mentioned in the article).

I preordered forever ago and picked it up today, so we'll see how it is. I hesitate to weigh in at all on the topic as I don't feel I have enough understanding of the offended party's perspective, but a lot of the criticism seems over the top. I'm not saying that the trans community should simply be happy that they're trying, but I think the criticism should be more productive. I feel like whenever a game studio or other content creator tries to push things in a more progressive direction, they never quite get it "right", or it's never enough for somebody and they're the target of a full-scale attack.

That's where I am right now, but I reserve the right to get smarter once I've started in on the game and can start to form more informed opinions.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/10/20 11:35 PM
Playing the new Call of Duty online, Ive got my kills/death ratio to 0.97, it has never been higher. Got almost 24 hours played so far. Gonna put some serious work in this weekend and get it over 1.00.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/22/20 01:59 AM
Well after putting in a lot of work, got K/D ratio to 1.05. My daughter puts me to shame. She went 50 kills, 9 deaths in a game of Team Deathmatch. I was amazed watching her play.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/27/20 01:39 AM
Got my K/D ratio to 1.09, amazing for me
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/30/20 07:25 PM
CP77 Background: Transphobia, Crunch, and Tonedeaf Messaging

Highly encourage all of you to click the link and read.

I will not be buying this game.

I don't completely agree with the article. Some of the things that were said by CDPR in the past are definitely crappy. But taking issue with the artwork? Why? I don't think there's anything wrong with it. That's basically how people dress in the game.

As far as the game goes... For those not following, PS4 versions of the game have been pulled from the ps store. This game was clearly not ready to go. They offered up refunds for those who wanted it.

I am not really that mad about it. I know they will fix the game over time. I've got about 5-6 hours into it so far and have encountered very small bugs. nothing major

Not a bad though so far. Still kind of exploring Night City
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 12/30/20 08:59 PM
I didn’t quite understand much till I listened and read the perspectives from individuals in the LGBTQIA+ community. CDPR fetishized trans individuals for the game and marketing. The artwork and advertisement of the “mix it up” individual was portrayed by a straight guy.

There a ton more information on the situation. PM me if you want some more reading on this.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 01/01/21 03:58 PM
I'm nitpicking and getting away from the larger point, but alas...

I don't think I'll ever understand the (fake) outrage behind when someone outside a certain demographic is used to act/portray that demographic.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 01/04/21 08:44 PM
I'm nitpicking and getting away from the larger point, but alas...

I don't think I'll ever understand the (fake) outrage behind when someone outside a certain demographic is used to act/portray that demographic.

The fake outrage we see today because a certain race, gender, disability, etc... isn't played by someone who fits that in real life, is hilarious to me

I don't really get it. I don't think that is some kind of discrimination. Hank Azaria stopped doing Apu. Why? He went on for THREE DECADES doing that voice and I don't ever remember people complaining.

Like I said, the artwork doesn't bother me. It's art. It's supposed to be whatever the hell you want.

I do have a problem with some of the comments that CDPR employees/communication has made in the past. Everyone plays video games. I believe the trans community is huge there. So it's kind of crappy that some, who may have even been excited for the game, had to read and see that kind of stuff.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/02/21 05:27 PM
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/02/21 05:52 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/02/21 06:13 PM

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/04/21 06:51 PM
New computer coming in.

Ended up getting a system with a 3070.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/04/21 10:07 PM
More Cyberpunk thoughts...

I am still enjoying the game despite the fact that the game at times can struggle to run (especially when driving)

The main story and all the sub stories are good, and interesting, and i find myself getting hooked to a lot of these characters

The gameplay with weapons is awesome. Shooting guns in this game is so much fun

Night City is beautiful, I just wish there was more to do. There are tons of random events that you can partake in, but its mostly just attacking bad guys. With the GTA games you can do all sorts of different activities.

I have had a few crashes on me, but it's not the end of the world, because the game autosaves so much that you don't really lose any ground, you just have to restart the game, and load your game back up

There are no cut scenes in this game, you are involved in every conversation, you can't even really put your controller down because you may have to say something back, or ask a question

I do bet this game will look and run incredible whenever they decide to release it on ps5.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/05/21 01:42 PM
I ended up shelving Cyberpunk until the bulk of the updates are out and have pulled way back from Division 2. I've burnt myself out on that game and it's just not fun to me anymore. They just don't advance the story at all. I've also dropped Destiny since right before the last major release.

Lately, I've been slowly getting through Metal Gear 5 and just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands. The latter has always gotten a LOT of love, and I was shocked to see how much it cost despite being a 5+ year old game. It's sequel (Breakpoint only came out ~2 years ago?) is already bargain bin fodder.

But the real reason why I'm posting...? Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up for preorder! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/05/21 02:15 PM
I ended up shelving Cyberpunk until the bulk of the updates are out and have pulled way back from Division 2. I've burnt myself out on that game and it's just not fun to me anymore. They just don't advance the story at all. I've also dropped Destiny since right before the last major release.

Lately, I've been slowly getting through Metal Gear 5 and just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands. The latter has always gotten a LOT of love, and I was shocked to see how much it cost despite being a 5+ year old game. It's sequel (Breakpoint only came out ~2 years ago?) is already bargain bin fodder.

But the real reason why I'm posting...? Mass Effect Legendary Edition is up for preorder! LET'S GOOOOOOOOO!

How is MG5? I got it on the cheap a few years ago but never got around to playing it?

I heard Wildlands was cool too, havent played but i loved the old GR games back in the day
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/05/21 02:47 PM
Over the last few years (Destiny and Division 1 through the sequels, and now Sea of Thieves) I've tended more towards online games. In the middle of continuously playing those games, we had our son and I suddenly found the value of games that have a true pause button. So keeping that in mind, MG5 has functioned as a great 'put down/pick up' type of game.

I never played the earlier MG games... so I think a lot of the storyline is wasted on me. My opinion is that if played at least some of the previous games you could get REALLY into this game. For me, though, I find big parts of the story really weird/odd. I think that might be part of the charm, though. Stuff that's just ridiculous. I'll put it this way, I LOVE the Splinter Cell games, and so similarly I like this MG game, though I'd prefer a Tom Clancy story to a Kojima story. I know that's sacrilege to some... but again, I never played the previous games, so I think I'm just missing that connection.

I don't like a lot of the characters. Some don't get developed at all, and others are just so ridiculous. Voice acting is spot on, though. Kiefer Sutherland as Snake? Hell yeah!

The gameplay, though.... dang! So much fun. You can truly play however you want (stealth, snipe, assault), and you're only forced into one of those roles infrequently. The guns, tools, suits offer a TON in terms of tailoring your gameplay to the mission AND your style. You can get lost in the side mission stuff. There's a city/base-building part of the game that has online elements that's almost a whole separate game, and then there's an online/PVP part that I believe (I haven't played it) IS pretty much a whole separate game (tldr... there's a ton of varied content even beyond the main campaign).

Lastly, I don't know the story, but supposedly there's been a major rift between Kojima and Konami. I read somewhere a while back that MG5 might be the last MG game. Don't quote me on that one, though.

Long story short: there's something for EVERYONE in this game, and with it being as old as it is it should be worth the price. While I'm not the biggest fan of the style, the game is so good when people aren't talking, I'm willing to overlook that.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/05/21 03:02 PM
If you can find a way to play the original Metal Gear Solid, it's worth it, even with ps1 level graphics. Such a fun game, I think it might be included on the PS Classic. Sons of Liberty was also an incredible game.

It's supposed to get balls cold this weekend, maybe I will bust out the MGSV.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/05/21 03:23 PM
Oof, that's right. You're up in Chicago, right? I was looking at the weather graphics, and here in Cinci is just at the edge of the 'danger zone'.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/05/21 04:01 PM
Oof, that's right. You're up in Chicago, right? I was looking at the weather graphics, and here in Cinci is just at the edge of the 'danger zone'.

Yeah Chicago, 13° right now, single digits for SB Sunday

I cannot wait until this winter is over
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/12/21 11:22 PM
Playing Control mostly fully maxed on my 3070. It's such a weird story, has some David Lynch qulaities to it, and I'm living the gameplay which is a mix of Last of Us (minus the cover) and Doom 2016 run and gun style.

Give it a shot if you're into creepy sci-fi.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/13/21 01:17 AM
Just picked up Madden 21 for $24.99 at walmart. Finally have a good roster to play online with, lol.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/17/21 03:55 PM
Playing Control mostly fully maxed on my 3070. It's such a weird story, has some David Lynch qulaities to it, and I'm living the gameplay which is a mix of Last of Us (minus the cover) and Doom 2016 run and gun style.

Give it a shot if you're into creepy sci-fi.

I grabbed that as part of the free game through ps plus. I might try that.

I finally quit on Cyberpunk. I got pretty far, but the game was crashing out a little more. As I said before, it's going to be a fantastic game it's just nowhere near ready.

I am replaying Horizon Zero Dawn. Outside of some really corny story-writing, and voice acting, this game is nearly flawless. The gameplay mechanics are incredible. The visuals on this game are so good. Maybe my favorite ps4 game outside of the witcher 3
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 02/27/21 03:22 AM
Division 2 and Sea of Thieves, along with Insurgency: Sandstorm, is where I spend most all of my gaming time these days. Just wrapped up the last manhunt and ran one of the Legendary strongholds last night. Those Legendary strongholds are TOUGH. The guys I game with are all currently trying to get enough of us together to do a few of the raids, but in all likelihood our time with that game will be dwindling a ton in the near future.

The downside for us with Sea of Thieves is the inability to have more than 3 friends with you at a time. When we game together as a group, there can easily be a dozen of us, and SoT makes it as difficult as they can for you to get multiple ships with your friends on the same server. Nonetheless, I love that game. So much risk/reward, lol! You go from being on top of the world to having lost it all in the blink.... and if you're a solo slooper, you have that happen a lot, but it just makes the successes that much sweeter.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/01/21 03:06 PM
Supposedly, there's a way to get your peeps (multiple ships) all into the same server in SoT. The problem is probably when a server migrates, then you have to do 'the dance' all over again.

I've pretty much put Division away, as I completed the final hunt missions and don't have high confidence that the content that's allegedly coming this year will be any good. I have a clan (on Xbox) that is passionate but small, so if they're ever looking for someone to fill out a raid team then I'm down (I haven't done those).

I was able to get Ghost Recon Wildlands on the cheap (relatively speaking... for a 5+ year old game it's still pretty expensive) and have been really enjoying that. I also bought back into Destiny, and all of the Beyond Light content has been top-notch, IMO. Also, they just recently did away with a universally hated mechanic (gear sunsetting), so lots of people are happy and jumping back in.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/01/21 08:23 PM
There are basically two methods of getting peeps on multiple ships, and neither is good.

One is simply server hopping and testing by putting up a Reaper's flag at the outpost and then asking your friends if they see a flag there. If so, then you set sail and if they see it moving in the right direction, then you know; or have them then raise their Reaper flag and you confirm if you see one at the outpost they are at. We've tried this method a number of times and have only succeeded once. We've probably wasted a few hours in total with attempts at this.

The second is to find a crew on your ship that is logging off (good luck with this) and then one of your crew makes friends with one of the players and join their crew. Boom, you now have two crews on one ship. When the other players log off, your friends can log on. I've literally never even had the opportunity to try this method.

Most of the guys I game with have given up on SoT because its so difficult to get friends together... or, if you have three on a brig and a 4th wants to join, now you need to drop what you're doing to log out and launch a galleon; and the reverse is just as annoying where if you have 3 or four are playing and a couple leave. Now you again have to leave and reconnect to change ship type. The mechanics for playing with people just aren't good.

I was playing Destiny for a little while and was enjoying the storyline at first, but then it just kinda goes away and there isn't a storyline any longer.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/01/21 08:38 PM
I've become more accustomed to Destiny's (lack of) story. With that game, story is more of a tool to launch you into the gametypes/modes you'll be repeating throughout the season until the next content drop. There's a decent chunk of stuff to do and figure out on Europa, and now the Cabal are making noise again so we're doing that. The story is a vehicle to get you to doing those activities. I'm finding the activities that are available are good (battle arenas, legendary lost sectors, the latest raid, Nightfalls have lots of tiers for all skill levels), for now.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/06/21 09:04 PM
Dead by Daylight.

Had the game for a few years and just recently started getting into it. I'm sick of FPS and now love this game. If anyone plays add me on steam. 2 Buck Chuck.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/17/21 10:59 PM
With March Madness starting, I'm suddenly seeing a bunch of websites asking for votes on various 64 round decisions to find various things,
like the best dinner appetizer,
or the best cartoon, in a single elimination tournament.

Well I'm not smart enough to work it out, but Why should Dawgtalkers be any different.
But I soon realized, there are a lot more "ideals" that Dawgtalkers hate, than love,

For instance, I know consensous is we love Joe Thomas, but do you Love Joe Thomas' playing career more than you Hate Dennis Northcutts' playing career. Anyway, here are 10 quick suggestions for a 32 ideal bracket.

Trent Richardson hate
Eric Mangini hate

Hue Jackson hate
Dennis Northcutt hate

Brandon Weeden hate
Joe Thomas love

Ben Roethlisburger hate
Ray Lewis hate

Myles Garrett love
Phil Dawson love
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/18/21 11:59 AM
I agree. Destiny 2 is in a very good place right now. Lots to do and story progression is interesting.
Posted By: cle23 Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/26/21 12:52 PM
I agree. Destiny 2 is in a very good place right now. Lots to do and story progression is interesting.

I haven't played it in a couple years at this point. I played Destiny 1 a lot, but never got into 2 much because I felt it was just 1 with a few tiny changes at that time. Are there any new "enemy" factions yet? The biggest problem with 1 was that they just rotated between the 3 enemies for each expansion as the "big bad" guys. The other 2 factions were still around, but they just kept rotating back and forth for the content.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/26/21 01:39 PM
Are there any new "enemy" factions yet?

LOL... actually there aren't. They introduced the Scorn, but they're just Fallen that are more annoying to fight. I laughed because... yeah... they haven't introduced any new enemies.

That said, they've done a good job getting new content out there. They've really leaned hard into the seasonal content thing, so there's been a new mechanic or activity that's featured in each season that you usually have to grind on pretty hard. Obviously, if that activity sucks, then the season pretty much sucks... but I do give Bungie some credit for really pulling their head out of their butt regarding the story. It was a disorganized, wandering mess before but they seem more focused now. Things are progressing, even on a week-by-week basis. They still heavily rely on disposable baddies (villains in the story that just kinda pop up and then get dealt with without really affecting the storyline), but they're doing a great job in progressing towards the big-baddy on the horizon. Before, that one just stayed on the horizon and never got closer, but now we're definitely getting closer and closer to that confrontation. I really like that, and really despise the opposite in a game where, by design, you're already repeating the same activities/fights over and over each week. Allowing the narrative to freeze in place for long periods of time is a surefire way to get me to drop the game.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 04/16/21 05:20 PM
Fired Dying Light back up, I forgot how much fun this game was. I know some people are burned out by the zombie fascination, but I will forever love zombie games.

Also downloaded The Witness since it was free on PSN. Fun puzzle game.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/02/21 05:39 AM
jc

Civ6, invading Wuhan

Dealing with a broken finger, so have to stick with turned based games for a while. Went back to civ6, playing a naval domination game as the vikings.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/04/21 03:02 PM
Raze it to the ground.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 07/05/21 03:48 PM
Raze it to the ground.

Pillage and plunder while you are at it. The object is total domination. If you win, who is going to charge you with war crimes?

Take it. Take it all. Burn the rest.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Gaming Thread, Part IV - 03/12/22 08:23 PM

Shutup and take my money.
© DawgTalkers.net