DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: mickeycat Junk franchise? - 03/04/15 12:02 AM
Wow. Just listened to Wilbon on PTI talking about the Browns. He called them, I think, a junk franchise and they should not even be talked about until they can reach 500 in a season. I'm paraphrasing a lot of this but the gist of it was that the Browns aren't even worth talking about. Wow it must really suck to be a Browns fan.But I feel your pain. I remember when the Bengals were called the worst franchise of all the pro sports. I think that was a wake up call for the Brown family and Mike realized he had to turn over the reins to more capable people. Now the Bengals are considered a well run franchise (I heard John Clayton say as much in an interview). Players want to play for them (they have been able to resign some of their best players instead of losing them to free agency). Who wants to play for the Browns? Jordan Cameron doesn't want to. Good luck getting top notch free agents to come. Maybe you all should hire Katie Blackburn as GM.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Junk franchise? - 03/04/15 01:16 AM
This is pathetic, coming from a guy who's team has never won a championship in their entire existence. blush

You're calling the Browns junk....but they've won a playoff game more recently than the bungles have. rofl You haven't won a playoff game in a quarter century...not since MC Hammer was prancing around in baggy pants, the 1st Home Alone movie was playing in theaters and when Icky Woods went to the zoo, the elephants didn't throw peanuts at him.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 03/04/15 03:56 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
This is pathetic, coming from a guy who's team has never won a championship in their entire existence. blush

You're calling the Browns junk....but they've won a playoff game more recently than the bungles have. rofl You haven't won a playoff game in a quarter century...not since MC Hammer was prancing around in baggy pants, the 1st Home Alone movie was playing in theaters and when Icky Woods went to the zoo, the elephants didn't throw peanuts at him.
I never called them a junk franchise, Wilbon did. I was just quoting him. Sure you guys won championships fifty years ago. What have you done lately?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Junk franchise? - 03/04/15 07:23 PM
I guess the question is would you rather be a never-has-been/no-chancer like the Browns or a perennial underachiever like the Bengals?
Posted By: chirp30 Re: Junk franchise? - 03/04/15 07:25 PM
Don't talk about the Browns until there .500, ok. I know 1 team the Browns were .500 against.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 03/05/15 09:59 PM
ESPN The Mag: Bengals worst franchise

The Cincinnati Bengals were rated the worst sports franchise in ESPN The Magazine's annual rankings.

In all, 122 professional teams were rated in numerous categories such as players, fan relations and affordability. The Bengals brought up the rear out of all the teams from the NFL, NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball.

"The best teams in sports find ways to reward their fans' devotion," ESPN The Magazine editor Peter Keating said in a statement. "The teams at the top of our Ultimate Standings are winners on the field, but, as we write in the magazine, they’re truly notable for returning fans' love."

For the past 20 years, there has been little reward for being a Bengals fan.

Recently, we interviewed one Cincinnati fan who grew tired of the losing and gave up his allegiance to join Steeler Nation. Another more famous Bengals fan, Nick Lachey, also expressed his displeasure with the organization to the AFC North blog.

Cincinnati hasn't won a playoff game in two decades, doesn't put enough money into its product and ownership continues to make head-scratching decisions. The Bengals' franchise player -- quarterback Carson Palmer -- quit on the team, which only adds to its awful reputation.

I don't cover all four professional sports, so it's hard for me to say if Cincinnati deserves to be rated dead last. But there is no debate the Bengals should to be near the bottom of this list based on their poor and lengthy track record.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 03/05/15 10:04 PM
According to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer:

The Bengals rank last in three categories — fan relations (openness and consideration of players, coaches and management toward fans), players (effort on the court/field/ice and likeability off of it) and title track (championships won, or expected to be won, during the lifetime of current fans).
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 03/05/15 10:12 PM
Using Minitab Statistical Software to Analyze the Woeful Bengals

by Jeff Parks

Being a Cincinnati Bengals fan is tough. It's true that Bengals fans don't have it as bad as, say, long-suffering Chicago Cubs fans...nevertheless, the Bengals haven’t won a playoff game since January 1991. That's currently the longest streak in the NFL. In the 1990s they were voted the worst sports franchise by ESPN. Not the worst football team, mind you, but the worst franchise in all of sports.

Not the L.A. Clippers. Not the Cleveland Browns. Not the Pittsburgh Pirates.

The Cincinnati Bengals.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 03/06/15 01:16 AM
How about posting some links? With some dates. I believe I mentioned that the Bengals were once considered a bad franchise Vambo. These are old stories you've posted.
Posted By: chirp30 Re: Junk franchise? - 03/06/15 01:51 AM
Oh Mickey go get you a nice warm glass of milk and go to bed and dream of Super Bowls cause that's all the closer the Bengals are getting in your dreams.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 03/06/15 02:24 AM
Originally Posted By: mickeycat
How about posting some links? With some dates. I believe I mentioned that the Bengals were once considered a bad franchise Vambo. These are old stories you've posted.

Sure will right after you post your link mickeycat!
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 03/06/15 02:12 PM
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/6/15/222...chise-in-sports

Almost four years ago tsktsk
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 03/06/15 10:52 PM

Your post I could not find anywhere so I have to think none of it is true since it cannot be verified and you refuse to supply a link. tsktsk
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 03/07/15 12:22 AM
saywhat notallthere willynilly
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 03/07/15 12:31 AM
Perhaps this is what you're looking for Vambo.

http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/showth...-Franchise-quot
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 03/07/15 01:33 AM
Perhaps this is what you're looking for Vambo.

http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/showth...-Franchise-quot

You post lost all credibility when I read this...

"Even Belichick couldn't win in Cleveland, the best coach of all time."

Because of what would happen after the following year -- the franchise's move to Baltimore - and along with the fact head coach Bill Belichick and Browns fans didn't exactly hit it off then, the 1994 Cleveland team does not get the credit it deserves.

But when you look at the numbers - when you look at what happened and divorce yourself from the emotion of it - the 1994 season really stands out as one of the better ones in team history.

The Browns finished 11-5 and tied AFC West champion San Diego for the second-best record in the conference. Unfortunately for the Browns, though, the team with the top mark in the AFC was in the Central Division with them, as the Pittsburgh Steelers were just a game better at 12-4. But the Browns were still able to make the playoffs as a wild card.

Link
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Junk franchise? - 03/07/15 03:02 PM
I agree with Wilbon.

I hate rooting for this team.

But I can't bring myself to stop.
Posted By: TheDuke0476 Re: Junk franchise? - 03/16/15 02:01 PM
So you aren't denying they are a junk franchise.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 04/14/15 10:07 PM
Wilbon's answer to Tony K. when he asked Wilbon if he was excited about the Browns' new unis being rolled out tonight. "The Browns are a nuisance. Everything they do is wrongheaded and ends up being a bad move. I'm tired of the Browns being in the news. They're irrelevant." Boy, he really hates your team. I'm sure you all will lose a lot of sleep over that.
Posted By: chirp30 Re: Junk franchise? - 04/14/15 11:47 PM
Yea right, just like we lose sleep over anything you post.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 04/15/15 12:10 AM

What's a " Wilbon " ?

Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Junk franchise? - 04/15/15 06:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Vambo
What's a " Wilbon " ?

...in your best SuperBrown imitation. nanner
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Junk franchise? - 04/18/15 03:16 PM

I never called them a junk franchise, Wilbon did. I was just quoting him. Sure you guys won championships fifty years ago. What have you done lately?

What has your team done ever?

Browns fans don't go around waving their 1964 championship stories in people' faces, but you better be damn sure it's getting brought up when a fan of a team that has ZERO championships is ragging on them.

It's laughable that you even attempt to troll around here. You're a novelty, and nothing more.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 04/19/15 04:27 PM
Not trolling. Smacking. Isn't that what smack shacks are for?
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 04/20/15 01:24 AM
Not trolling. Smacking. Isn't that what smack shacks are for?

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Junk franchise? - 05/06/15 03:29 AM

What's a " Wilbon " ?

Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

...in your best SuperBrown imitation. nanner

I approve of that... rofl
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 05/11/15 10:24 PM
Hey mickeycat sorry to hear this it sucks for the real fans.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THIS MESSAGE BOARD
It is with tremendous regret that I announce that this message board will cease to exist after the end of this month. Like most everything in Cincinnati of late,
Seriously, though, this decision was not reached lightly. After considering a variety of options, the Bengals are following suit with most of the other teams in the NFL by shifting the focus of their fan interaction to social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.

Not meant as SMACK even though it's where it's posted.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 05/11/15 11:29 PM
Hey mickeycat sorry to hear this it sucks for the real fans.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THIS MESSAGE BOARD
It is with tremendous regret that I announce that this message board will cease to exist after the end of this month. Like most everything in Cincinnati of late,
Seriously, though, this decision was not reached lightly. After considering a variety of options, the Bengals are following suit with most of the other teams in the NFL by shifting the focus of their fan interaction to social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.

Not meant as SMACK even though it's where it's posted.
Yeah V it's kinda sad. I guess that's the norm for teams websites these days, just like the old Browns Board that we all used to know and love. Some of the regulars have already set up alternate sites just like Browns fans have done. I'll just have to decide which one I like best.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 05/11/15 11:54 PM
Yeah it sucks.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Junk franchise? - 05/12/15 08:22 PM
[quote=Vambo]following suit with most of the other teams in the NFL by shifting the focus of their fan interaction to social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.

Man I hope not.. Going on other teams Messege Boards the week we play them is one of my favorite things..
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Junk franchise? - 05/13/15 07:37 PM
Yeah V it's kinda sad. I guess that's the norm for teams websites these days, just like the old Browns Board that we all used to know and love. Some of the regulars have already set up alternate sites just like Browns fans have done. I'll just have to decide which one I like best.

Actually "THIS is the old Browns Board people knew and loved". Dawg Talk was the original official board of the Cleveland Browns.

They changed the format of the board and the name of the board to Browns Chat. This board was created at that time because many of the original members simply didn't like the new format.

So this board in one form or another has been around since the Browns returned in 1999. Browns Chat was not.

Just an FYI
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 05/15/15 02:00 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Actually "THIS is the old Browns Board people knew and loved". Dawg Talk was the original official board of the Cleveland Browns.

They changed the format of the board and the name of the board to Browns Chat. This board was created at that time because many of the original members simply didn't like the new format.

So this board in one form or another has been around since the Browns returned in 1999. Browns Chat was not.

Just an FYI
Thanks for the FYI thumbsup
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Junk franchise? - 05/15/15 04:22 AM
It must hurt when only about 2 or 3 Bengals fans show up for a home primetime interstate rivalry game. It was like a home game for Cleveland. Now that's pathetic.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 05/15/15 01:36 PM
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U
It must hurt when only about 2 or 3 Bengals fans show up for a home primetime interstate rivalry game. It was like a home game for Cleveland. Now that's pathetic.
The thing that's really pathetic is the only smack you all have on the Bengals is their problem selling out games. catfight
Posted By: jfanent Re: Junk franchise? - 05/15/15 02:54 PM
Naw, we also got Andy Dalton, the lack of championships, the string of one-and-dones, Andy Dalton, the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the bungles, Kroger having to buy tickets to avoid a blackout, Andy Dalton, etc.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 05/15/15 11:04 PM
Naw, we also got Andy Dalton, the lack of championships, the string of one-and-dones, Andy Dalton, the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the bungles, Kroger having to buy tickets to avoid a blackout, Andy Dalton, etc.
Are you talking about the Andy Dalton who has a winning record of 40-23-1 in his four years in Cincy? The Andy who has taken the Bengals to four straight playoff appearances? What has your quarterback(s) done for your team lately? saywhat
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Junk franchise? - 05/16/15 11:40 AM
Had less turnovers in the playoffs than Dalton wink
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Junk franchise? - 05/16/15 01:54 PM
The thing that's really pathetic is the only smack you all have on the Bengals is their problem selling out games. catfight

No they fill the stadium down here fairly well...with 75% visiting fans! Oh those loyal Bungle fans.
Posted By: mickeycat Re: Junk franchise? - 05/16/15 09:39 PM

No they fill the stadium down here fairly well...with 75% visiting fans! Oh those loyal Bungle fans.
I rest my case thumbsup
Posted By: Medmann Re: Junk franchise? - 05/19/15 03:53 AM
"the Browns have won a playoff game more recently than the bungles"

Big talk from fans whose team hasn't even MADE the playoff since 2002. Oh & that last playoff win you won more recently than the Bengals was in 1992! Not much to crow about there. The Bengals have made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years, a feat you Cleveland Clowns can only dream about. As I have said in the past, you Cleveland Clowns crack me up!
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Junk franchise? - 05/19/15 09:16 AM
Quote:
Big talk from fans whose team hasn't even MADE the playoff since 2002. Oh & that last playoff win you won more recently than the Bengals was in 1992! Not much to crow about there.

Oh you poorly misguided creature, all that does is prove how pathetic the Bungals truly are. The Bungals have been to the playoffs 13 times in their existence yet have only managed to win at least 1 game only 3 times. Thats right, 3 wins in 13 tries. Yes boys and girls that comes out to a whopping .231 Percent of the time that Bungals actually win a playoff game, how truly pathetic. BTW it was 1994 not 1992.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Junk franchise? - 05/20/15 11:01 AM
yo methman when did you get out of rehab bro?
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Junk franchise? - 05/20/15 02:11 PM
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Quote:
Big talk from fans whose team hasn't even MADE the playoff since 2002. Oh & that last playoff win you won more recently than the Bengals was in 1992! Not much to crow about there.

Oh you poorly misguided creature, all that does is prove how pathetic the Bungals truly are. The Bungals have been to the playoffs 13 times in their existence yet have only managed to win at least 1 game only 3 times. Thats right, 3 wins in 13 tries. Yes boys and girls that comes out to a whopping .231 Percent of the time that Bungals actually win a playoff game, how truly pathetic. BTW it was 1994 not 1992.

I took the Browns not having a team for 3 years and starting from scratch for the Bengals to eventually become more relevant..
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Junk franchise? - 06/16/15 11:56 AM
I wouldn't put too much thought into what Wilbon says or any talking head for that matter. They are paid to stir the pot..
Posted By: Vambo Re: Junk franchise? - 06/18/15 05:51 AM

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Junk franchise? - 07/07/15 04:38 AM
May the "Bark" be with you.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Junk franchise? - 07/07/15 10:21 PM
The 'Bark" side - good stuff, Vambo. thumbsup
© DawgTalkers.net