DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: DeepThreat Minor Issue - 04/29/09 03:44 PM
This really isn't a big deal, but when I click on the button for a graemlin, it puts the graemlin outside of the color code. I've noticed that other people who use different colors have had this issue as well. I've only noticed it since the change in server. Again, it really isn't a big deal, but it can be somewhat annoying.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Minor Issue - 04/29/09 10:10 PM
it's working for me

It puts the graemlin wherever your mouse cursor is when you click
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: Minor Issue - 04/29/09 11:01 PM
It's not working like that for me. See?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Minor Issue - 04/29/09 11:11 PM
Which browser (and version) are you using?
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: Minor Issue - 04/30/09 12:13 AM
Mozilla Firefox 3. something.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Minor Issue - 04/30/09 03:27 AM
Firefox puts any smiley I try to go back and add in somewhere in a post at the very end of the post -- but only if I try to add it by clicking on it. If I type out the longhand, : D for example, it lets me add it wherever I want.

Posted By: Referee1 Re: Minor Issue - 04/30/09 09:34 AM
Quote:

Firefox puts any smiley I try to go back and add in somewhere in a post at the very end of the post -- but only if I try to add it by clicking on it. If I type out the longhand, : D for example, it lets me add it wherever I want.

Ditto.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Minor Issue - 04/30/09 01:52 PM
Same here, and it's not just smileys. When I click to enter a URL, it puts it all the way at the end of the post.

I swear to God, is the the kind of service we can expect from this free site?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Minor Issue - 04/30/09 05:29 PM
Quote:

Me too......but it was like since I installed firefox a few years ago..
Posted By: 214dawg Re: Minor Issue - 04/30/09 05:48 PM
Yeah I noticed firefox did that a while ago. I don't visit the site too often on IE, so I thought that was just how it was set up. Then I posted from IE once and it showed up right where the cursor was.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 02:22 AM
Same problem here
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 02:46 AM
Since Firefox does put the smilie at the end of the text regardless of the cursor position, and it does that in the MAC version of Firefox as well, is cutting and pasting that bbcode where you want it too much trouble?
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 04:59 AM
No trouble, it's just easier to click on the dancing banana than typing out :nannerdance :. I wonder why firefox is set up that way?

Posted By: Tulsa Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 09:59 AM
It's actually not Firefox at all, it's the editor in this software. Firefox works fine with other editors, the code for this one lacks cursor location recognition that other editors have allowed for within Firefox specifically.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 11:10 AM
clicking on you, tulsa. whenever I type out a post then go back somewhere in the middle to insert a smiley, the smiley always goes to the very end of the post. I have to highlight it, cut and paste where I want it to go. it is mildly annoying but not a big deal.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 12:11 PM
Quote:

It's actually not Firefox at all, it's the editor in this software.

Ah, thanks. I assumed incorrectly.
Posted By: shepdawg Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 12:55 PM
I just take the smiley (inserted by FF at end of post) and cut and paste it where I want it.....minor pita.

In other news, I am experiencing problems with the board loading again as before the server upgrade. Anyone else????
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 02:38 PM
I do, occasionally, have a problem with it loading, but it doesn't compare to before the new server. It happens rarely. All I do is get out of my internet and get back in.

Note the unnecessary demonstration of the problem many are experiencing.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 03:27 PM
Quote:

In other news, I am experiencing problems with the board loading again as before the server upgrade. Anyone else????

??????????? !!!!! ???????????? !!!!!

Quote:

It's actually not Firefox at all, it's the editor in this software. Firefox works fine with other editors, the code for this one lacks cursor location recognition that other editors have allowed for within Firefox specifically

Yup. I actually just found the cause by viewing the page source, now I'm just trying to find where the heck it is hidden in the application to get it updated.
The thing is, it has been this way all along, I don't know how it could not have been because the code explicitly states as much:

// for non MSIE browsers just append it
Code:
 function insertAtCaret (textEl, text) {
if (textEl.createTextRange && textEl.caretPos) {
var caretPos = textEl.caretPos;
caretPos.text =
caretPos.text.charAt(caretPos.text.length - 1) == ' ' ?
text + ' ' : text;
} else {
textEl.value = textEl.value + text; // for non MSIE browsers just append it
}

return true;
}// fn

Posted By: GMdawg Re: Minor Issue - 05/01/09 04:59 PM
Your in the U.S.A. speak english will ya
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Minor Issue - 05/03/09 11:12 PM
Yep, it has been this way all along...guess it just now got talked about.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Minor Issue - 05/04/09 01:30 PM
Gotcha. If I can find where that code is at, I'll see if I can tweak it, but for now, it appears that it is actually intended to be that way.
© DawgTalkers.net