DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Damanshot What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 02/29/12 04:41 PM
I posted a funny about a guy and his pumpkin..

It appears to have been deleted.. wonder why? It had one swear word in it and I edited it out before posting?
Posted By: Referee7 Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 02/29/12 05:02 PM
From the Rules of the Pound:

Quote:

Masking of the words is discouraged as well, i.e. "pi$$ed off".

That's what your post had.
Quote:

Quote:

Ah - I would've guessed it was the nature of the joke. I see people posting masked profanity a fair amount. In fact, I've probably done it.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 02/29/12 05:41 PM
Quote:

Quote:

OK,, so if I repost it and use the word "shoot" to replace the word I masked, I'd be ok?

It's funny, I was really just trying to make sure there were no swear words.. looks like I shot myself in my own butt LOL
So .... are we allowed to use the word you have masked in your post, if it's unmasked?

I honestly don't know where that word falls. I think that I have seen it here, but I'm not 100% sure.
Posted By: Referee7 Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 02/29/12 07:04 PM
No, that word is not allowed, masked or unmasked.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 02/29/12 07:13 PM
Quote:

so if I change it to darn? would that work?
Alrighty then ...... I won't use the past tense of the word "pass" then ..........
Haaaaaa
Posted By: ddubia Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 03/06/12 12:21 AM
Well the whole thing sucks balls and smells like ass to me.

Ain't it funny and odd that all that was allowed but one cannot say that something pissed them off?

Or can they?
Posted By: candyman92 Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 03/24/12 12:01 AM
Quote:

We can't use that word but we can say bitch and ass?
Posted By: Referee 3 Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 03/25/12 03:20 PM
Honestly, I've never really understood why that word was put in the initial rules. I really think it was done because we didn't want to put an actual profanity in the rules. It's a lot like "bitching" which can only be used in that context, not the other it is known for. And "ass"? I'm not sure why anyone would consider that profanity.
You need to link the joke to a NYtimes article explaining the source of the joke. Otherwise how do we know the joke didn't come from a fan site or twitter? We don't allow those sources here, its quite simple really.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 03/25/12 04:40 PM
Do you really think acting childish and making outlandish statements is helping further the discussion on this subject?

Sounds like it was removed due to profanity. What is the big deal?
lol you probably actually think you're making a good point. That's funny.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 03/25/12 07:54 PM
Quote:

Do you really think acting childish and making outlandish statements is helping further the discussion on this subject?

Sounds like it was removed due to profanity. What is the big deal?

Honestly, I thought by removing the offensive word it would be ok, but replacing it I guess isn't..

ya know, the joke was funny, but not funny enough for all this discussion
Posted By: Referee 3 Re: What was wrong with the Pumpkin joke - 03/25/12 07:59 PM
You can absolutely post it without the profanity. I don't know where you got the idea that you couldn't. Nobody said that. The problem with the post was the profanity, so obviously removing it would solve the problem.

You are right, we have spent far too much time discussing one little joke thread.
© DawgTalkers.net