DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: jaybird Edit feature - 07/25/20 12:26 PM
I noticed this morning that I couldn't edit a post I made last night... I could edit a post I made this morning but the ones i posted last night didn't have an edit button.

Does the edit function go away after so long? Just curious... I have a tendency to have typos or autocorrections that I don't always notice right away.

thanks
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Edit feature - 07/25/20 12:55 PM
Yes, the feature disappears after awhile. I am not sure what the time limit is, though.

Last night, I had to start taking two prescriptions. One was for pain. Powerful stuff. This morning, I re-read some of my posts from last night and I wish I could edit them. All I can say is "Wow!"

Oh well...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Edit feature - 07/27/20 08:24 PM
I can recommend a proof reader if u need one ... wink ...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Edit feature - 07/28/20 12:04 AM
Bro, I am going to hire you as my proofreader.

In other news, I am making hiring the following:

Perfect as my PR director.

Pit as my Goodwill Ambassador.

device as my Integrity advisor.

Eve as my bodyguard. [This one might actually be true...LOL]

Riley as my interpreter.

ThrowLong as my drug counselor.

888 as my writer on how to turn the opponents message completely around.

Swish as my token angry black man.

40 as my pinata.

cfrs as my attorney.

Rocket as my tackling dummy.

peen as my food taster.

Sorry refs....................these are all said w/good humor and completely in jest. Harrumph.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Edit feature - 07/28/20 12:51 AM
Hopefully everyone can laugh at that including those you mentioned. That gave me a chuckle.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Edit feature - 07/28/20 07:30 PM
It was pretty funny.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Edit feature - 07/31/20 12:02 AM
There is a time limit, though I forget what it is. The idea behind using it is to give the user a window to make edits, but disallow them after that.

This is useful for prediction threads and for those times when folks say "nuh, uh... I *never* said THAT!" and you want to see if they really did wink
Posted By: jfanent Re: Edit feature - 07/31/20 12:31 AM
Back to the topic of this post, does anybody else have a problem deleting a post? Sometimes I'll post something and then my better judgment angel (the sober one) convinces me that it was in poor taste...and I can't delete it. I get a message saying that the post can not be deleted. I can edit it to remove the message, but the post remains.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Edit feature - 07/31/20 01:44 AM
On the original board, I know they set the time limit on edits because there was a poster who would post after all the refs went to bed, would get people all riled up, and then go back and edit their original post before the refs could see it.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Edit feature - 08/01/20 12:59 AM
Thanks! That makes sense...

I'll try to pay better attention when posting from my phone... or after bourbon smile
© DawgTalkers.net