DawgTalkers.net
Please fix this. I love this forum but it was pretty much unusable tonight.
PPE will fix it. He does this site at no cost to us, and does work, and have a life.
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
PPE will fix it. He does this site at no cost to us, and does work, and have a life.

Exactly, go make another site so you can be in charge.
Pain.
Originally Posted by DaveyD

Thanks for the error report. I don't know what the deal was; the load on the server was not all that high, at all, but I noticed the slowness earlier in the evening (before I tapped out on watching the game before halftime).
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Thanks for the error report. I don't know what the deal was; the load on the server was not all that high, at all, but I noticed the slowness earlier in the evening (before I tapped out on watching the game before halftime).

I got the same error... ended up taking a break from the site in the middle of the game because I was having trouble getting the game day thread to load.... figure it was just a lot of people on the site due to the excitement of a big time nationally televised game...
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan

Exactly, go make another site so you can be in charge.

You guys are funny. catfight

I've been getting the same error message and the website is so slow loading...just a heads up.
Same here.
Yeah, I experienced it a couple of times yesterday, myself.
Seems fine today.
Board has been blowing up again.
Yes, it’s been fixed
Thanks!
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\WebRoots\dawgtalkers.net v2\libs\mysqli.inc.php on line 208

Again.

Just to let you know.
Thanks.
I'm trying to track the conditions under which this happens, but I'm not having much luck, so far. There is probably a database server optimization that I'm missing, or something.
See your tables need to be repaired.
Thanks.
I'm trying to track the conditions under which this happens, but I'm not having much luck, so far. There is probably a database server optimization that I'm missing, or something.

Sounds like a good case for AI, Purp. Github Copilot reads your entire code base and settings files… Ask it what the hell is caussing that error. It only cost $10 a month I think. just make sure to include your server logs in your repo. Pretty sure they are using ChatGPT 4.5 Turbo, the MS Edition. IMO, OpenAI has a MS puppet master.
It was happening again on the 24th of December.
For what its worth, I had a problem like this at at work on a Production website. It was a huge issue.

I had a DBA run a query to see if there were stuck threads in the DB and there were a whole bunch. Rebooting the DB would fix it but only temporarily for a few days depending on how many people used the site. We upped the maximum threads allowed but it happened again!

Turned out that we had forgotten to add DB connection pooling in Tomcat that was hosting the website. After that it fixed everything, unused connections were re-used and disposed properly, new ones weren't created. I have no idea if this might help but wanted to comment.
That sounds exactly like what is happening, and what I've done thus far. Upping the number of connections allowed simply delays it. Pooling, I will have to double check, but it SHOULD be enabled by default in both MySQL and PHP. Maybe I have to explicitly put it in the connection string now?
Got another this morning at about 8:23am .......

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\WebRoots\dawgtalkers.net v2\libs\mysqli.inc.php on line 208
© DawgTalkers.net