DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:16 PM
Get rid of this boob....

Follow

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Browns team source tells me Justin Gilbert told coaches he wouldn't go into game today. #browns

Tweet

And then there is this too...Wasn't Gaines the guy fighting with Whitner on the sidelines a few games back?...

Follow

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Player told me that Charles Gaines left bc he was having a baby but missed flight back this morning. Player felt he quit on them #browns

Tweet
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:17 PM
What a total pathetic joke.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:19 PM
Here's another for good measure....

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Team source tells me Joe Haden lost respect in locker room. #Browns

Tweet
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:20 PM
Lack of institutional control.
Posted By: Cjrae Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:47 PM
Vvv
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Get rid of this boob....

Follow

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Browns team source tells me Justin Gilbert told coaches he wouldn't go into game today. #browns

Tweet

And then there is this too...Wasn't Gaines the guy fighting with Whitner on the sidelines a few games back?...

Follow

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Player told me that Charles Gaines left bc he was having a baby but missed flight back this morning. Player felt he quit on them #browns

Tweet

Wow! Can you blame him? Bowe sits 90% of the year and makes 9 mil. Can you really blame him? He's probably gone anyway. Most of these losers probably knew they were gone anyway.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Yep.....

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Browns source tells me players did like coaching staff but that it was a young staff and they had trouble controlling some players

Tweet
Posted By: Swish Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:50 PM
yea, it really does sound like the players just said "screw all of it"

man...what did we do to deserve such a crap franchise?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:52 PM
To many players are in the game for the money.. not the love for playing
Wasn't Gilbert supposed to have a breakout season?
Justin Gilbert has been a wasted pick since day 1. He has never seemed to have a passion for the game at all.

I have no idea what happened with Gaines. You would think that he would appreciate the way Pettine, in particular, praised him, even when he was injured, and gave him a shot when he came off IR.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/03/16 11:55 PM

Yep.....

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Browns source tells me players did like coaching staff but that it was a young staff and they had trouble controlling some players

Tweet

Isn't that coaching 101 at this level? You have Alpha-males all over the place with huge egos and large contracts...the ability to control players and get them prepared for each game while putting them in schemes to succeed? My gut thought would be that if you can't control them then you can' t make them better?
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler

Yep.....

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5

Tweet

Isn't that coaching 101 at this level? You have Alpha-males all over the place with huge egos and large contracts...the ability to control players and get them prepared for each game while putting them in schemes to succeed? My gut thought would be that if you can't control them then you can' t make them better?

Being liked isn't all it's cracked up to be. It can just mean he let guys do what they wanted to do, except someone named Manziel.

Being liked is fine. Being respected is much better.

That locker room sounds like a TV series script.... just drama & dysfunction.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 12:04 AM
Gaines had a baby. I'm gonna give him a slight pass on not being at the game.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 12:16 AM
It sounds like the coaches lost control of the players. That is never a good thing and did call for the firings.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 12:43 AM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
It sounds like the coaches lost control of the players. That is never a good thing and did call for the firings.

OR, did the imminent firings result in the players saying "screw it"?

One James Haslam/Haslem probably shouldn't sleep too well tonight, or in the coming months. His business acumen is showing. Know what it shows? I don't have a clue in hell what I'm doing, but I hope my next decisions are good.

When will he have the balls to say "the Browns are 4 years away from being a contender, and I'm responsible for it. I hope it's just 4 years, as right now, we don't have a gm, and we have no one in mind that will actually come here. We don't have a coach, and right now, no coach in their right mind would come here. So, yes, I, James Haslem, have screwed the pooch here. But please stay with us, as next year we'll be putting new soap in the bathrooms and yet again getting new food outlets in the stadium - although it will only be in the box seats."
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 01:12 AM
I took you off of ignore after seeing some of your recent posts that have been quoted. Please, let's not fight in a petty way. I have no problem w/us disagreeing, but let's please keep it civil.

I agree w/you on what you just said.

Gilber and Haden are not coaching problems. They are player problems. Gaines? I don't know. I think he should have been there, but the birth of a child is huge. I will not judge him just yet.

We need to get rid of guys like Gilber and Haden. They are too selfish. And why wasn't JM at the game? I have defended him, but man.............why was he not at the game supporting his teammates?
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 01:26 AM
It broke. Hope he is done.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 01:33 AM
Geeez, we coulda dressed Bowe after all. Cut Gilbert or trade him if possible. We seem to have a few that fall into the "Don't Play Like a Brown" category. Some don't come to the game.

One of the first steps in picking players is to find those who want to play, can play, will play, and play. Too much junk here.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
One James Haslam/Haslem probably shouldn't sleep too well tonight, or in the coming months. His business acumen is showing. Know what it shows? I don't have a clue in hell what I'm doing, but I hope my next decisions are good.

When will he have the balls to say "the Browns are 4 years away from being a contender, and I'm responsible for it. I hope it's just 4 years, as right now, we don't have a gm, and we have no one in mind that will actually come here. We don't have a coach, and right now, no coach in their right mind would come here. So, yes, I, James Haslem, have screwed the pooch here. But please stay with us, as next year we'll be putting new soap in the bathrooms and yet again getting new food outlets in the stadium - although it will only be in the box seats."

I think Haslam admitted as much tonight. It's harder than they imagined. He knows the Browns aren't winning 13 games next year. He does want to see things going right directionally. I think we can both agree that 2015 didn't go right.

I guess we will see how smart he is with this new plan of attack.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 01:59 AM
He also mentioned pittsburg 3 times and how "they do it right" basically.

pitt has had 3 coaches in the last 47 years? We've had 3 coaches in the last 4 years.

Haslem is nothing but a billionaire wannabe team owner. Daddy started the business, he demanded clean showers and stuff on the shelves. It worked selling diesel fuel - it ain't working running an nfl team.

Ever seen a deer in your headlights? If not, check out haslems press conference. Dude is lost. He and his wife and Sashi are going to hire the coach, and then the 4 of them will hire a gm?

Dude is used to saying something and having it done his way, instantly.

Browns are going nowhere until he realizes his ego is in the way.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 02:01 AM
Birth of child is more important than a meaningless football game thats better off for the team if you lose.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 02:36 AM
Quote:
He also mentioned pittsburg 3 times and how "they do it right" basically.

pitt has had 3 coaches in the last 47 years? We've had 3 coaches in the last 4 years.

Boom!!!!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 02:54 AM
Quote:
Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game

If this is in fact true, isn't it a breach of contract?
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 02:59 AM
Wouldn't go to the game? Huh? This is the big leagues, what kind of weird behavior is that, very odd. Can't tolerate that childish stuff, please cut him soon if he doesn't want to be here or get something for him, I just don't know. tongue
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 03:08 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

"Cannot refuse to go in game when asked" seems like an odd thing to put in a players contract. It's likely assumed they actually want to play.

Though, Dwayne Bowe may have tricked the Front Office in that regard as well.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 03:09 AM
Quote:

"Cannot refuse to go in game when asked" seems like an odd thing to put in a players contract. It's likely assumed they actually want to play.

To be fair, Gilbert probably thought it was against the rules for him to be active.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 03:11 AM
Quote:

To be fair, Gilbert probably thought it was against the rules for him to be active.

Feared an Illegal Procedure penalty.
Posted By: eotab Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 02:34 PM
1. who is Lauren Brill?

2. I was wow, I didn't know that and was believable until the Haden remark came? I don't get that one. He had injuries all year and diagnosed with 2 concussions within 3 weeks.

I don't get it?

Gilbert thought it was Pettine refusing to pay him. Gilbert should be fined for a games pay check. I wouldn't release him. I would bury him on our roster till his 2nd contract comes up and he can get League Minimum when he leaves. If it becomes cut your nose to spite your face cause we need the roster spot then work a trade for him if it before the deadline and lastly just cut him.

Gaines Last game playing for nothing...wish he got the coaches ok but we were down to nothing left in CBs so that wasn't happening. I'd give him a 2nd chance if he isn't a cancer. Sure wish we could find out what that argument was about?

jmho
Posted By: gage Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 03:16 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
1. who is Lauren Brill?

Said the same thing at first, but she's the WEWS sports reporter.
Posted By: Swish Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 03:44 PM
Toni Grossi said on espn radio that the report was false.
Posted By: BpG Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 03:51 PM
Gilbert himself said it was insane. Said he was on special teams why would he not play defense?
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 05:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Toni Grossi said on espn radio that the report was false.

Gilbert is still about as worthless as a cow pissing on a flat rock. The fact that most of us had no issues believing the content and nature of the report of him being a bum is a good sign of how people view that wasted top pick.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 05:34 PM
Quote:
Browns Justin Gilbert admitted he "missed a ton of meetings last year." Why? "hard sleeper". nothing deeper than that? "no"

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/684054095792095232

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 05:37 PM
Gilbert not playing is a good thing, he is doing the team a favor
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 06:20 PM
Is this real life?
Originally Posted By: BpG
Gilbert himself said it was insane. Said he was on special teams why would he not play defense?

That makes sense, and makes me feel a little better anyway. I really wish this guy would commit himself to being great, and work every single day at learning everything he can about being an NFL CB. He obviously worked out hard in the off-season, as he was absolutely sculpted ..... but the mental and preparation sides are vital in the NFL. I hope that he finally gets that.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 07:01 PM
I despise Gilber, but it disgusts me that reporters are being allowed to fabricate stories.
Posted By: gage Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 08:03 PM
One of the nicer parts of the 'no twitter policy' was at least trying to offer more than just conjecture into the discussion. I know the genie can't really be put back in the bottle, but I do know that everything on twitter has to be taken with a few grains of salt
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 08:16 PM
Here's another for good measure....

Lauren Brill
@LaurenBrill5
Team source tells me Joe Haden lost respect in locker room. #Browns

Tweet

He didn't play as much and didn't have a good year at all.

Refs really enforced the no holding rule this year but in previously years (and IMHO) Haden did it often and usually got away with it... It was one of the reasons he did his job well, he held. This year? He didn't do so well...I think that might be one of the reasons why.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: gage
One of the nicer parts of the 'no twitter policy' was at least trying to offer more than just conjecture into the discussion. I know the genie can't really be put back in the bottle, but I do know that everything on twitter has to be taken with a few grains of salt

I agree completely, and it is why we held onto as long as we did.
Can this thread be locked or deleted, since it has been proved false?
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 08:29 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Can this thread be locked or deleted, since it has been proved false?

Or is could just be changed from:

- to -

Just Gilbert Didn't Refuse To Go Into Game thumbsup laugh
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/04/16 08:34 PM
Quote:
Browns Justin Gilbert admitted he "missed a ton of meetings last year." Why? "hard sleeper". nothing deeper than that? "no"

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No better or worse than when asked if he thinks he'll play this year "we'll see" was his exact reply. False report or not, this kid is still a loser.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 02:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Quote:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No better or worse than when asked if he thinks he'll play this year "we'll see" was his exact reply. False report or not, this kid is still a loser.

Those are direct quotes from Gilbert.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 06:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I despise Gilber, but it disgusts me that reporters are being allowed to fabricate stories.

They've been doing that for years Vers. What's sad is when people repeat them to the point that others believe them.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

They've been doing that for years Vers. What's sad is when people repeat them to the point that others believe them.

Say something enough times and it becomes the accepted truth.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.

Ok, has it become the accepted truth yet, or must I continue?
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 06:48 PM
... must I continue?

Probably - I don't think it's kicked in yet, arch...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
... must I continue?

Oh, ok.

I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.

More?
Posted By: bg819 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 09:17 PM
You are awesome.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 09:25 PM
... must I continue?

Oh, ok.

I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.

More?

I think you should make this a poll.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 09:26 PM
Originally Posted By: bg819
You are awesome.

Hey, it seems this whole "say if often enough and people will believe it" thing is working!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 10:19 PM
I like you and all. I think you are a nice guy even though we haven't met.

But awesome? That may be a bit of a stretch. lol
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/05/16 11:55 PM
I heArd on ESPN that Archbolddawg was awesome
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 12:47 AM
... must I continue?

Oh, ok.

I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.

More?

Now I'm feelin' it, arch...
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 01:17 AM
i would try that but everyone already knows i am....... don't want anymore stalkers telling me how awesome i am{{{SIGH}}}
Posted By: jfanent Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 01:19 AM
Maybe if you get a saucy tart like Lauren Brill to repeat it I'll buy in.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 02:16 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I like you and all. I think you are a nice guy even though we haven't met.

But awesome? That may be a bit of a stretch. lol

Go back and re-read my posts. I'm tired of typing it.

Read it enough and you'll be a believer.

I am awesome.

Focus on that.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 02:18 AM
Maybe if you get a saucy tart like Lauren Brill to repeat it I'll buy in.

What's her number?

I am awesome. Believe it. After all, you ARE reading it on the internet. I can't help that the main stream media is ignoring it. Do some research.

Google "arch is awesome" and you'll find the links that prove it.

Or, just read this:

I am awesome.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 06:37 AM
Quote:
I heArd on ESPN that Archbolddawg was awesome

Word is, I read it in a Roger Brown article...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 06:47 AM
Just got an alert on my phone. Arch is awesome.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 09:43 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.
I am awesome.

Ok, has it become the accepted truth yet, or must I continue?

Sorry arch, there's just not enough internet to make that work for you. grin
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 01:45 PM
this might be the best thing to come out of the gameday vs. Pittsburgh, lol!

The team sucks, but at least the comedy is good laugh
j/c:

Not surprised at all! Once again, posters derail a thread with their agenda and who is 'awesome'. Way to stick to the topic and ruin it for the rest of us who actually want to talk about an irrelevant player in the offseason. I'm so sick of the hypocrisy!

Guys, I'm almost done with team, this board, and all you posters.

Seriously this time. I mean it. For real. Honestly. I'm not joking.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 02:10 PM
Feelin' it now, Arch!

It is Believeland, after all. Life transforming it is.

Self-made. Man! thumbsup
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Feelin' it now, Arch!

It is Believeland, after all. Life transforming it is.

Self-made. Man! thumbsup

See?

People are falling in line.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/06/16 07:27 PM
Told ya!
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/08/16 11:38 AM
archbolddog is so awesome I started a fan club for him. Anybody who wants to join just send your $50.00 to GMdawg at www.dawgtalkers.net along with a postage paid envelope, you will receive a autographed 8x10 showing him in all of his awesomeness, plus a membership card.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/08/16 01:08 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
archbolddog is so awesome I started a fan club for him. Anybody who wants to join just send your $50.00 to GMdawg at www.dawgtalkers.net along with a postage paid envelope, you will receive a autographed 8x10 showing him in all of his awesomeness, plus a membership card.

Please assure us that he will be fully clothed... rofl
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/08/16 01:48 PM
I'm so awesome that even I am sending a check.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/08/16 10:55 PM
I am going to use them as Christmas cards next year
Posted By: jfanent Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/08/16 11:02 PM
My wife taped it to the bedroom ceiling!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/08/16 11:53 PM
rofl
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/09/16 12:31 AM
My wife taped it to the bedroom ceiling!

You've got a lucky wife.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/09/16 02:04 AM
Hey.... don't get too full of yourself, Dawg.

It's only an 8X10.

Ask jfan about that full-sized Fathead of Clemmy behind his cello in their rumpus room....

wink
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/09/16 11:14 AM
This has to be the best Justin Gilbert thread ever.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/09/16 02:31 PM
This has to be the best Justin Gilbert thread ever.

I wore out the skin on my index finger while scrolling back to find the last Gilbert reference...
Posted By: ddubia Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/09/16 05:39 PM
There goes your ability to painlessly clean out your nose.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/09/16 05:52 PM
Why discuss Gilbert when we can discuss awesome?
As awesome as a peanut butter and shrimp sandwich?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/09/16 11:50 PM

Is that to say a peanut butter sandwich made specifically for our receivers?
Posted By: Knight Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/10/16 12:50 AM

You're a sick man, I almost puked reading that.
Originally Posted By: Knight

You're a sick man, I almost puked reading that.

So .... you don't think that's awesome?

Hater! rofl
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/10/16 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Nope Billy enjoys them also.
Posted By: Jester Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/10/16 12:56 PM
Quit being such a homer
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/10/16 01:19 PM
Sitting down my peanut butter and shrimp breakfast sandwich.

NOPE tongue
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Just Gilbert Refused To Go In Game - 01/10/16 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Nope Billy enjoys them also.

Is he still with us?
© DawgTalkers.net