DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 03:56 PM
Well folks sense nobody wants to step up and put up a prediction thread why don't I?

I say we end our season at 14-3 and sweep the AFCN at 6-0 and we do so without breaking a sweat.

Mayfield has a 4K season while putting up 39 TD's and just 6 ints.

OBJ who breaks 1500 while scoring 10 TD's

Not to be outdone Chubb puts up a staggering 1600 and 14 TD's.

Cleveland becomes America's team.

Cleveland the city falls head over heals in love with their Browns all over again.

You can feel the excitement in the air the moment you enter the city.

Grown men cry when the Browns once again assumes their rightful place at the top of the football word.

20+ years of misery are erased and Cleveland finally gets their Lombardi.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 04:06 PM
I don't even have any idea how to react to your post. saywhat
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't even have any idea how to react to your post. saywhat

It's a Dream make it come out the way you want it too. If their was ever a time or a team this is it.

Cast off the old welcome in the new. Why NOT?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 05:08 PM

Although I love it all.

Offensively is about share the pie. Guys will have good numbers but nothing spectacular.

IMO Jarvis is being overlooked by many. Jarvis was coming off a bad hip injury last year.

He played before he was really ready to play. He gutted it out. Then he cracked a rib which is super painful.

Jarvis has healed up. He was able to work out not rehab.

Jarvis and Baker have always worked well together. Baker will find him often. He will have increased production.

DPJ will have more production and prove to be a guy who will make big plays.

Odell will work inside the offense and have a solid year.

Chubb will be Chubb.

The offense overall will produce bigger numbers than last year.
=====================================================

On defense is where the big jump will be made. More turnovers. More sacks. Overall they will go from 17th well into the top ten.

I do not think I have ever made a season prediction. First time for everything.

We will win the North. Go 5-1 in the division.

13-4. However, I do think we could win 14. Would not shock me.

Curb my enthusiasm. I can't. This is the best Browns team I have seen in my life. I will not shy away from that.

I truly feel that if I am ever going to feel that we will win the Bowl. It has to be this year.

Browns over the Packers.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 09:06 PM
Here are the polls for 2021:

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1880775/1
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 10:26 PM
13-4

Division title.

Lombardi hoisted.

3.7M at the parade. Baker can't get to the stage for speech. Improvises and walks across the tops of fans heads like Mick Dundee in the subway scene. Crowd is euphoric.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 10:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

Cleveland already IS America's team.

15-2 and Super Bowl Champs!
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/05/21 11:59 PM
I feel we win the AFC North with a 12-5 record.
We win a home playoff game and lose in the AFC championship.
Mayfield throws for 3900 yds 33 TD and 10 int
Chubb has 1300 yds Hunt has 800 yds.
We have 3 receivers with at least 7 tds
Our D finishes in the top 10 in total defense.
MG has 17 sacks and Clowney adds 8 more.
We end the year with some one else other than McLaughlin kicking.
JMO though.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 12:43 AM
If we stay healthy:

12-5, go to Super Bowl. Go 4-2 against the North, Chubb/Hunt go for 2,000 on the ground, Baker throws for 3,800 yards, 32 TD passes, eight picks. Myles gets 18 sacks, we’re top four on D in takeaways, Landry and DPJ top 1,000 receiving yards and Bake lifts the Lombardi.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 12:45 AM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Cleveland already IS America's team.

15-2 and Super Bowl Champs!

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 12:54 AM
ok one more...

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 01:35 AM
Cleveland Browns 2021 season preview: An overhauled team has its engine revved for the road trip of a lifetime

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/09...m_medium=social

By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The drive from Cleveland to Los Angeles is about 2,344 miles. It takes about 34 hours.

If you’re feeling nostalgic and want to take a slower route, you can still pick up parts of Route 66 starting somewhere in Chicago and go that way.

However you choose to go, it’s a long drive.

The Browns are hoping to make the trip this year and, if they do, their journey will have been longer than any red-eyed, coffee-fueled weekend drive out west: No championships since 1964. No Super Bowl appearances. Plenty of heartbreak.

Now, finally, here the Browns are, with as good a chance as they’ve had since the late 1980s to reach the promised land, and their destination is SoFi Stadium. It’s in Inglewood, Calif., to be exact, but it could be in the North Pole and Browns fans wouldn’t care if it means their team is playing a football game in February.

“We are excited that people are mentioning us the way they are,” Jimmy Haslam said as he and wife Dee held their annual owners media session in July. “But we are also realistic about how much work we have to do and how hard it is to win in the NFL.”

“I promise you, all 32 clubs talk about the Super Bowl,” said Browns coach Kevin Stefanski, the reigning NFL Coach of the Year. “It is really easy to talk about it; it is hard to do. We are just going to focus on the work.”

This is easily the most talented roster the Browns have had since they returned in 1999. It’s arguably the best roster they’ve ever had. In the salary-capped NFL, it might not never be better than it is now, with core players on cost-controlled contracts, allowing for big spending on luxury positions.

In other words, this isn’t Jed Clampett packing up the truck and driving to Beverly Hills. The Browns are driving a sports car.

How they got this car dates back to 2016, when Jimmy Haslam put Sashi Brown in charge and hired Paul DePodesta. Brown used his short time as general manager to rebuild the team’s credit, tearing it down to the studs. Draft assets were acquired and the Browns went 1-31 over two seasons. Brown was never quite able to pull the trigger on buying the right car.

So John Dorsey came in and bought the most supercharged car he could find, adding top-end talent across the board, including quarterback Baker Mayfield, running back Nick Chubb, cornerback Denzel Ward, receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and running back Kareem Hunt. His fingerprints are all over this roster.

Dorsey, however, couldn’t tab the right driver, so the keys were handed to GM Andrew Berry and Stefanski to tow the car out of a 6-10 ditch and get it back on the road. They did, Stefanski bringing smart coaching, organization and a culture while Berry did the fine-tuning, making some key repairs.

The road to LA isn’t easy. It’s littered with teams with high expectations and the best intentions who failed to get there -- derailed by injury, suffered from poor execution or just weren’t as good as thought. The car looked nice, but under the hood, things were a mess.

The Browns shouldn’t be plagued by the latter two. Stefanski has risen quickly into the ranks of the league’s best young coaches, and his connection with Mayfield is the reason the offense has room to grow beyond what it did a season ago.

Under the hood, this roster is as good as we think.

The offensive line is among the NFL’s best and the offensive weapons are dangerous. Chubb was signed to an extension, Beckham has come back strong from knee surgery and receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones appears to be on the verge of a breakout in his second NFL season.

The defense is much improved, with as many as nine new players who will see the field in the Sept. 12 opener at Kansas City. Among those, Berry brought in veterans John Johnson III at safety and Anthony Walker Jr. at linebacker to organize the back of the defense, and drafted cornerback Greg Newsome II to start opposite Ward and shore up a critical position. He also signed former All-Pro Jadeveon Clowney to join Myles Garrett as a top-tier pass rusher off the edge.

When Stefanski tosses Mayfield the keys, everything in the car has been built to suit him as he navigates this road.

There will certainly be challenges along the route. The Browns have formidable opponents to deal with, whether it’s Kansas City in Week 1 or two matchups with Baltimore. Both those teams are likely to be a factor in the playoffs, as will Buffalo.

There are up-and-comers, like the Chargers, whom the Browns play at the site of the Super Bowl, and Miami. There are stalwarts like Pittsburgh, looking to hang on at least one more year, or New England, which remade its offense and brings back a number of key defenders.

Somewhere along the way, there will be wrong turns -- an injury to a key player, a bad bounce or a flat performance by the team -- something that feels inevitable in what will be a 17-game regular season, the longest in NFL history.

“We have expectations just like everybody else,” said Garrett, a favorite for NFL Defensive Player of the Year. “Everybody goes into the season wanting to win every game they play. Everybody goes into the season wanting to win the championship. That is everybody’s expectation of themselves.

“What you do day by day from training camp to the last day of the regular season is what defines you. We are just going to work every day as if it is our last and let the chips fall where they may.”

“Honestly,” Berry said, “as long as our guys are working out with our staff, really focusing on what they can control and improving every day, I think we will look up and we will be in a really good spot. I think we have the right individuals in this locker room. I know that we have the right individuals on the sideline.

“All we are going to do is put our head down and work, and we will figure it out from there.”

Still, for the first time in more than 30 years, the Browns can point their car toward the Super Bowl and believe it can get them all the way there.

Just like any good road trip, you can’t rush it. You’ll reach the end point when it’s time.

Until then, keep your eyes on the road, don’t stray off the map and take some time to enjoy the ride.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 02:26 AM
I’m going to go with my usual sober route and undershoot all this hype. The odds are actually not in our favor but I think we still have a solid season and playoffs.

10-7 & lose in the division round.

Baker: 3200yds, 26td 18int, Chubb & Hunt combine for 2500yds. I predict we lose Clowney and Ward for large chunks of the season as well as either Chubb or Hunt and an OL starter.
Posted By: bugs Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 02:48 AM
I assume a few forgot the Browns have yet to try out their new toys on defense! I predict we have a few hiccups in the first four weeks. About week 6, barring any major injuries, I foresee this team starts to look as expected.

I am not buying into the hype Steelers are washed up. Ben's elbow wasn't 100% to take on a full season. I expect he is fully healed now.

I fully expect the Steelers, Ravens, and Browns to split wins. The team that loses to the Bengals will miss the playoffs. Bengals are better than many predict.

With that said, I think the Browns win 12 or 13 and win the AFCN.

Many NFL analysts will say the AFCN is weak but it will represent the AFC side in the Super Bowl!

This year Browns are back in the fight for the AFCN title. We get to see the real AFCN battles. Browns fans can become obnoxious again giving back to all who dished out over the years so don't hold back!!! GO BROWNS!
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: bugs
I assume a few forgot the Browns have yet to try out their new toys on defense! I predict we have a few hiccups in the first four weeks. About week 6, barring any major injuries, I foresee this team starts to look as expected.

I am not buying into the hype Steelers are washed up. Ben's elbow wasn't 100% to take on a full season. I expect he is fully healed now.

I fully expect the Steelers, Ravens, and Browns to split wins. The team that loses to the Bengals will miss the playoffs. Bengals are better than many predict.

With that said, I think the Browns win 12 or 13 and win the AFCN.

Many NFL analysts will say the AFCN is weak but it will represent the AFC side in the Super Bowl!

This year Browns are back in the fight for the AFCN title. We get to see the real AFCN battles. Browns fans can become obnoxious again giving back to all who dished out over the years so don't hold back!!! GO BROWNS!

Any division that sends 3 teams to the playoffs the year before cannot be called weak. Just ask the NFC East who was the victim last year.
Posted By: eotab Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 09:26 AM
1. I predict Bakerwill throw 5tds and we will win the game by running the ball in the 4th qtr can't wait for this win.
Jmho

Posted By: kwhip Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 09:42 AM
Good Stuff, Man!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 10:16 AM
Chiefs 45
Browns 34
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 10:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Chiefs 45
Browns 34

This isn't a game day thread it's a season prediction thread. Just saying
Posted By: hitt Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 01:21 PM
You didn't even mention Njoku. He is year older, more mature, more physically developed, he's a BEAST. He's not second string, JMHO, we could cut Hooper and keep other guys and not miss much.

Some predictions show us winning 12, 13, 14 games...scares me. You never know about injuries, covid, other problems...my hope and expectations are playoffs and then see what happens...GO Browns!!!!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 02:27 PM
Browns 41
Chiefs 38
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 03:12 PM
At Kansas City - LOSS
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - LOSS
At LA Chargers - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - LOSS
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - LOSS
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - LOSS
Cincinnati - WIN

9-8 Record. Our 50/50 road games are very tough this year (at LAC, at MIN, at NE … not to mention at KC, at GB, at BAL, and at PIT)
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 03:43 PM
1st quarter - 3-1
2nd quarter - 2-2
3rd quarter - 3-1
last5 games - 3-2

Total - 11-6, earn 5th/6th seed for the playoffs.

We will split with 2 division foes and sweep 1. And if I have to pick a playoff outcome, I think we make the AFCC, but lose.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 04:26 PM

I respect everyone right to their opinion.

But damn losing twice to the Steelers?

The Vikings have major issues?
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 06:33 PM
Originally Posted By: hitt
You didn't even mention Njoku. He is year older, more mature, more physically developed, he's a BEAST. He's not second string, JMHO, we could cut Hooper and keep other guys and not miss much.

Agreed (not so sure about the Hooper thought, though.)

If he can stay healthy, I expect very big numbers from Njoku this season. We'll need the beginnings of that in the first 7 or 8 games, imo.

When teams are forced to specifically game plan for him......well, we have a bunch of answers for that as well.

Here's to hoping.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I put it down to battered fan syndrome. willynilly
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I put it down to battered fan syndrome. willynilly

I think we sweep Pittsburgh and split with baltimore. Cinci is a sleeper, and I think at best we split with them
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Chiefs 45
Browns 34

Chiefs 34
Browns 45
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
At Kansas City - LOSS
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - LOSS
At LA Chargers - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - LOSS
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - LOSS
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - LOSS
Cincinnati - WIN

9-8 Record. Our 50/50 road games are very tough this year (at LAC, at MIN, at NE … not to mention at KC, at GB, at BAL, and at PIT)

Ridiculous.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 07:58 PM
Here is what I think:

11-6 if we remain really healthy
10-7 if we remain reasonably healthy
8-9 if we are not

5-12 if we lose Baker early in the season. He is the glue.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 09:42 PM
We surprise ourselves and really roll some teams. Lose to KC first game, but get revenge later in the playoffs. Learn from opener loss, win when it counts.

Go 12 and 5. Win AFC. Win SB with help and luck. All bets are off if we get injury prone. Berea injuries seem to be season-ending.

Might as well just win the whole dinged thang. brownie thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/06/21 11:01 PM
If I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat crow. I personally think the Vikings, chargers, Patriots, etc are way tougher games than some others do
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 12:16 AM
Agreed. Denver will be tough too. They always are for us.
Posted By: hitt Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 12:25 AM
Agree, EVERY NFL game is a crap shot. Might not be fact, but I remember Blanton Collier saying...On any give Sunday..referencing any team can win the game.....I truly believe that. Not many teams are non competitive- I think Texans will stink, but if any team thinks they've won the game before playing....watch out.

I think we'll make playoffs....hopefully. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 01:10 AM
"Pain" Clubber Lang

Seriously.. everyone has a right to their opinion but I honestly can't see how so called Browns fans can look at this rosters and say 8-9.. I wouldn't bother watching if that was my mindset
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 01:11 AM
We will win lots of games!!!

That is all......
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 03:26 AM
At Kansas City - LOSS
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - LOSS
At LA Chargers - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - LOSS
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - LOSS
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - LOSS
Cincinnati - WIN

I said 10-7 so I’m a lot closer to you than the 14-3 & 15-2 predictions. I also see tough games in many that other folks see as gimme’s . I think statistically speaking it’s much more likely we trend toward .500 than 1.0. I want to be wrong but if I were a betting man….
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 03:29 AM
12-5 or 13-4.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 10:38 AM
12-5
Posted By: bonefish Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 11:19 AM

I am not disputing your point.

There are no gimmies in the NFL. Plenty of great players and good coaching staffs.

However, talent and good coaching in the end rises to the top. That is just how it works out.

IMO in the AFC there are four teams who have a realistic shot at the Super Bowl. No mystery here.

KC, Buffalo, Cleveland and Baltimore.

There are some others that could rise up. But I am sticking with those four.

NFC will produce their team.

There are no guarantees. Way to many factors at play.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 12:15 PM
I think many expect Herbert to take a step back in his 2nd year. Vikings and Patriots might not scare me enough.... we'll find out if that Patriots defense comes back as scary as they should.

I don't follow them, so maybe my info is bad or old, but I thought Denver was a bit of a dumpster fire these days (?).
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I think many expect Herbert to take a step back in his 2nd year. Vikings and Patriots might not scare me enough.... we'll find out if that Patriots defense comes back as scary as they should.

I don't follow them, so maybe my info is bad or old, but I thought Denver was a bit of a dumpster fire these days (?).

It's amazing to me how much ELWAY, of all people, has struck out on finding a franchise QB.
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 03:56 PM
Quote:

They have a top 3 defense. Pair that with a Bridgewater management at QB, and they can abosultely win games that they come out on top in the TO battle.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/07/21 09:14 PM
This is the year for Cleveland Browns to win the Super Bowl: Hayden Grove

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/09...yden-grove.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Here’s what already happened. You read the headline of this piece, thought to yourself, “Oh goodness, Hayden is giving his official prediction that the Browns will win the Super Bowl,” and you’re here to confirm that notion.

Right?

Well, I’m here to burst your bubble. That is not at all my intention in writing this piece.

Let’s address it right now.

Can the Browns win the Super Bowl? Yes.

Will the Browns win the Super Bowl? Well, that’s a little bit up to them, a little bit up to fate.

Now, let’s address my real point: the 2021 Browns give Cleveland its best shot to win a Super Bowl.

That doesn’t mean they will and it doesn’t mean they won’t. It simply means, as stated, this current Browns team is Cleveland’s best shot to bring a Lombardi Trophy to Northeast Ohio.

Of course, the future is an unknown and we will certainly address that, but here’s what we do know about the 2021 Browns.

For the first time in my memory, and probably yours too, the Browns are bringing back their entire core coaching staff from the year prior.

They’re bringing back the reigning NFL Coach of the Year in Kevin Stefanski, they’re bringing back offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt, defensive coordinator Joe Woods, offensive line coach Bill Callahan, receivers coach Chad O’Shea, running backs coach Stump Mitchell, etc.

The continuity and familiarity within Cleveland’s coaching staff is an absolute rarity and something unlikely to be duplicated any time soon.

That continuity makes the communication so much better and with good communication comes good preparation and good relationships.

The Browns also return their entire starting offense from a year ago, which includes their franchise quarterback, Baker Mayfield.

Mayfield is coming off his best season in the NFL with a better-than 3:1 touchdown to interception ratio, over 3,500 yards through the air and a career-high 95.9 QB rating.

It’s been well-documented over his three years in Cleveland that Mayfield has been through four head coaches and multiple offensive coordinators. The same can be said going back to his college days in Oklahoma, when Lincoln Reilly took over for Bob Stoops as the head coach before Mayfield’s final season.

Never has Mayfield returned to the same head coach, the same offensive coordinator and the same starting offense … until now.

With the entire offense and coaching staff back, plus a year of experience in a system suited for his strengths, Mayfield is poised for his biggest season yet.

Furthermore, the weapons surrounding Mayfield for another year are second-to-none.

Cleveland’s offensive line, featuring Jedrick Wills, Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter, Wyatt Teller and Jack Conklin, is widely regarded as one of the best, if not the best, units in the NFL. They’ll again protect Mayfield and pave the way for Nick Chubb, who rushed for over 1,000 yards in just 12 games a year ago, and Kareem Hunt, who wasn’t far behind with over 800 rushing yards.

Then comes a deep receiving unit that brings back a rested, recovered, rejuvenated and ready Odell Beckham Jr.; a team leader and reliable weapon who caught 72 passes for 840 yards last year in Jarvis Landry; Donovan Peoples-Jones, who was perhaps Cleveland’s best player in camp; and Rashard “Hollywood” Higgins, who Mayfield has developed quite a chemistry with over their years in Cleveland.

It’s well-documented Mayfield loves his tight ends and, yes, Austin Hooper, David Njoku and Harrison Bryant are all back and at his disposal in the red zone and beyond.

Add to all that a do-it-all rookie in Demetric Felton and the Browns offense is set to be one of the best in the NFL.

It’s hard to imagine this will ever happen again for the Browns -- that they’ll bring back the exact same, talent-filled unit for another year.

Teller, Njoku and Higgins are set to be free agents in 2022 and there are always questions about Beckham’s future in Cleveland. Coaches come and go and any of the Browns assistants could move on to other jobs.

Who knows what the future holds, but the talent and continuity should make the offense very, very, for lack of a better term, dangerous.

Defensively, the coaches are the same, but most of the roster is completely different from the 2020 season, which is exactly what was needed.

After the defense struggled mightily at times, Cleveland will likely be using nine new starters, some of which may only be around for the short term. Eight Browns defenders are on one-year deals, including some big-time contributors such as Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Walker Jr., Takkarist McKinley, Malik Jackson and Malcolm Smith.

While McKinley, Jackson and Smith are surely replaceable in the future, Clowney and Walker Jr. are rare commodities in the NFL and each could be in line for a big pay day elsewhere in 2022.

This will very likely be the only time Cleveland is equipped with two former No. 1 overall selections -- Clowney and Myles Garrett-- bookmarking their defensive line and rushing the quarterback together. It may also be the only year a young, cerebral, athletic linebacker like Walker leads this talented defense, featuring some of the league’s best at their position in Garrett, Denzel Ward and John Johnson III.

When looking at the Browns on paper, the talent is there, the continuity is there, the maturation is there, the experience is there and the leadership is there.

Certainly, it’s about putting each of those traits together on the field, but it appears this Browns team has its priorities in order. They go about their business in a professional, detail-oriented way. They’re not talking the way they have in years prior about just how good they might be, choosing instead to let the work and the on-field product do the talking.

They’re entering the season extremely healthy, after spending camp appropriately dictating how much certain players would see the field with an extra regular season game on the schedule.

Most importantly, from GM Andrew Berry to Stefanski to the last player on the practice squad, they seem to have a collective mindset focused on nothing more than working and winning.

Fans have high expectations for the Browns, but there are still plenty of memories that haunt them and won’t allow them to believe in this team the way they should.

Those memories should have been erased the minute the ball traveled over Ben Roethlisberger’s head and into the end zone at Heinz Field and a new era of Browns football began.

Last year’s team was good, but this year’s team should be better in nearly every facet (maybe minus the kicking situation).

There’s no reason they can’t beat the Chiefs and/or the Bills or any other team on their way to their first Super Bowl appearance. There’s no reason they can’t beat any NFC team they face in Los Angeles and bring home the Lombardi Trophy to a sea of overjoyed, overwhelmed Browns fans.

It’s OK to dream about what would be the most incredible Super Bowl parade this country has ever seen, because this is the most capable Browns team in franchise history of accomplishing that feat.

Sure, Cleveland’s core players are under contract for at least a couple more years, which means they should continue to be Super Bowl contenders, but there’s no guarantee on what can happen from year to year.

That’s exactly why this Browns team is Cleveland’s best chance to bring home a Super Bowl.
Posted By: hitt Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/08/21 12:34 AM
JMHO, you hit most of the highlights/ possible highlights, but missed one....Anthony Schwartz, our own bullet. He could/ should help field position returning kickoffs AND scare DBs.
I'm on Brady's bandwagon when he stated, "Covid" will be a huge part of the season...ie Chiefs all-pro safety might miss game. Availability is another key to a successful season....GO Browns
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/08/21 03:57 PM
It's hard to really tell what a teams record will be. You certainly can't account for how healthy not only your team will remain, when or where injuries will occur, but you can't tell that same thing about the opponents you will be facing when the time comes to play them. So in order to get it right takes far more luck than skill.

I'm going with 11-6.

It could be better and it could be worse. Only time will tell but this is by far the best I've felt about a Browns team going into the season in my time of being an adult fan.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/08/21 06:04 PM
At Kansas City - LOSS
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - WIN
At LA Chargers - LOSS
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - WIN
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - WIN
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - WIN
Cincinnati - WIN

13-4

They will sweep the Steelers and Bengals. Split with the Ravens.
Will win the AFC North by one game.
1) Browns (Division Champs)13-4
2) Ravens 12-5
3) Steelers 10-7
4) Bengals 4-13
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/08/21 08:42 PM
At Kansas City - WIN
Houston - WIN
Chicago - WIN
At Minnesota - WIN
At LA Chargers - WIN
Arizona - WIN
Denver - WIN
Pittsburgh - WIN
At Cincinnati - WIN
At New England - WIN
Detroit - WIN
At Baltimore - LOSS
Baltimore - WIN
Las Vegas - WIN
At Green Bay - LOSS
At Pittsburgh - WIN
Cincinnati - WIN

15-2

World Champions!
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/08/21 11:48 PM
KC Game.... Browns will Win

I ain't going beyond that.. One game at a time
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 01:23 AM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 02:04 AM
What is happening...?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 02:09 AM
This is terrifying.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 09:09 AM
I’d take that result smile
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 10:24 AM
Browns Fans ALL of us are at various stages of coming to the FACT that we should win it all.

This team is stacked, not perfect and for sure like every other team something could happen that side rails the season, but if your not feeling it you should take up crochet or some other pastime.

We can continue to suffer with battered Browns fan syndrome or we can just climb on the wagon and enjoy what should be the ultimate season.

Stop looking for what can go wrong and start embracing what is likely to go right.

The odds aren't stacked against us the odds are stacked in our favor get used to it.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 11:02 AM

Could not have said it better.

At some point you have to leave everything behind and look at now.

I don't need to have won last year to believe you can win this year.

We don't have to be the Chiefs and Mahomes to be a great team.

This is 2021. Every team changes year to year. Nothing remains the same.

This is our year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 11:38 AM
Let’s go brownie
Posted By: slick Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 01:26 PM
I was 14 when the browns lost to the Steelers 29-9 in the playoffs. I told my best friend that it was ok. That we are young,and that we will see the browns win a superbowl. Well we are both 41 now. Admittedly I was starting to get a little worried. However, its finally time, time for the comeback team from the comeback town to put it all together again. Its time....for our Cleveland browns to become SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS....AT LAST
Posted By: Bird Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 02:33 PM
OK.

The team looks very good on paper. It looked very good in meaningless preseason games.

The key issue is and always will be injuries: when they happen, to whom they happen and how bad they are. Following that, of course, is how well the “next man up” performs.

I can see anywhere from 10-7 to 14-3.

As for the Super Bowl? No prediction. Make the playoffs first and be healthy at that time.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 05:02 PM
I believe that you and B2TB may be twin brothers who were separated at birth. naughtydevil
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 05:48 PM
I am willing to risk it!

Might as well win the whole danged thang.

Unleash the Elf! brownie
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 11:50 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/09/21 11:56 PM
Posted By: kwhip Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 09:18 AM
This team is Stacked.

I'm seeing 4-1 through 5 games.

Then we start Rolling.

13-4
Posted By: FATE Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 01:38 PM
Tough schedule. Injuries always happen at the worst possible time (not that there's ever a good time). Every team has us circled on the calendar.

But... we establish ourselves as Kings in the North with sweeps of the Steelers and Ravens.

Grind out some tough games for an 11-6 record.

Beat KC in a classic AFCCG

Lose a heart-breaker to Green Bay in the SuperBowl.
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 02:17 PM
That's an interesting take, FATE.

So we sweep our 2 biggest division competitors, and I assume you're giving us at least 1 Bengals game? To get to 11-6 from there, you have us 6-5 in our non-division contests? I guess anything is possible at this point, but that would be a really odd way to get to 11-6.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 02:25 PM
I can easily see us losing 5 games outside of the division:

KC
LAC
MIN
NE
LV
GB
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 02:31 PM
Sure, but then sweep Lamar (who we're 1-4 against) and the Steelers (whose D has owned us on many occasions)?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 02:36 PM
Haha yeah i mean it’s unlikely, but you never know rofl
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 02:47 PM
14 or 15 wins, division sweep.

AFCN Champs
AFC Champs
LV Champs
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 05:34 PM
I believe that you and B2TB may be twin brothers who were separated at birth. naughtydevil

Bone and I really do think a lot alike when it comes to football and this team especially, and I happen to think Bone is a really nice man as well, so while I suspect you meant it as some sort of insult I am happy to have the comparison.

For sure we are the veteran leadership this board really needs................. rofl

Part of that leadership is to inform some people that they need to know when to be happy, and to STOP believing that something bad will always happen. That there are few things in this world that are perfect and it's OK to follow your heart...........................

Having said that you remind me a great deal of Throw Long..........JK rofl poke

I truly am sorry Throw................. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 05:46 PM
No, I didn't mean it as an insult. There's not a thing wrong with blind positivity as long as you understand that everyone who doesn't align 100% with your viewpoint doesn't have something wrong with them.

Even your twin doesn't do that. wink

I think you'll learn in time that just because I may disagree with you on one thing, doesn't mean I disagree with you about everything. I compartmentalize each topic as a separate issue.

I actually enjoy seeing the positivity. I share in a great deal of it myself. I mean I predicted 11 wins and I certainly don't think that sounds negative.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 05:59 PM
Quote:
I actually enjoy seeing the positivity. I share in a great deal of it myself. I mean I predicted 11 wins and I certainly don't think that sounds negative.

It should have been 12................. rofl

Enjoy Pitt if ever there was a time to just enjoy this is it.

After the game and the season there will be plenty of time to compare notes and discus now is the time to just enjoy. Let the games begin. nanner
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 06:15 PM
I've actually considered changing it to 12 since Marcus Peters is out for the season. That's a huge blow to their secondary and we finally have a HC/QB combination who can exploit such a weakness.

I've been on this board too many seasons where fans were being overly positive without reason to be. That's no longer the case and I'm sure us, as well as every Browns fan are glad those years are behind us.

I get it.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 07:29 PM
Injuries will be the key to our results.

17 weeks is a long time so I will divide our season into 4 quarters and a extra time. Our initial goal must be to start our first four games with more wins then losses. 3-1 would be a great start.

Our next goal must be to beat our closest rivals. Lamar and his gang is still the team to beat in our division. If we end up with more wins then the Ravens then we are in a good place.

My mindset will game by game, snap by snap. Don’t go ahead of ourselves.

If we can manage to win more games them last season, then I’m happy. If we can advance to a conference final then it’s a success. The rest is a bonus.

As a Brown supporter I will enjoy the ride and take what comes with a smile. Hopefully a big smile.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 09:33 PM
I can easily see us losing 5 games outside of the division:

KC
LAC
MIN
NE
LV
GB

one, one!, two, Two!, three, Three! rolleyesdevil
I'm going to need more fingers.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 10:27 PM

I have reached saturation.

Analysis paralysis.

The NFL has gotten to the point where there are maybe eight networks going all out 24/7.

Thirty something women talking about zone blocking schemes and tampa cover two.

Analytic algorithms predicting scores, win total, gps speed rates of players.

Every person and their cousin Vinny predicting who will win when and by what score.

Please enough!

If Vince Lombardi and Paul Brown came back from the grave.

They would probably turn around and re-bury themselves.

They talk about one game for two hours before the game.

Then 1.5 minutes before kick-off; "from Michele on the sidelines with the last minutes keys to the game from coach x.

Really the key to the game?

I just want to watch the damn game. bah
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 10:58 PM
I guess I should state A prediction so when somebody pulls up this thread in the future I can get blasted....or praised. brownie

12-5. I think we also take the division.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/10/21 11:39 PM
I've actually considered changing it to 12 since Marcus Peters is out for the season. That's a huge blow to their secondary and we finally have a HC/QB combination who can exploit such a weakness.

I've been on this board too many seasons where fans were being overly positive without reason to be. That's no longer the case and I'm sure us, as well as every Browns fan are glad those years are behind us.

I get it.

Exactly Pitt, exactly.

I like this way more then I did the 0-16, 1-15, 6-10 gig we never seemed to be able to dig ourselves out of. I want perfection as much as the next guy but reason says I will have to make due and try to be happy.

The fun is the struggle, so I take it all gladly just don't ask me to live thru the past 20+ years again. I am happy because I know it's going to be fun and that I can be proud of my team and that we have a better chance at the Lombardi I think then we may ever have...

Browns fans should be the happiest fans in the country right now after all we have been thru. So enjoy be a fan Ski and Company got this..... Put on your number 12 and be the very best #12.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/11/21 02:12 AM
JC

I predict the Browns will put up 40+ at least eight times this year. Additionally, they will be over thirty in a dozen games.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/11/21 09:54 AM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
JC

I predict the Browns will put up 40+ at least eight times this year. Additionally, they will be over thirty in a dozen games.

If we Average 27+ Per Game, we should go 14-3.
Posted By: Bird Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/11/21 09:51 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

It's amazing to me how much ELWAY, of all people, has struck out on finding a franchise QB.
Eh, not me. Talent evaluation is very hard. Running a franchise is very hard. Michael Jordan sucked at it.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 12:05 AM
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 04:29 AM
Sooo, I won't predict a score but I do predict a Browns victory. I think each team will score 39 or better points. Still, the Browns come out on top.

What I really want to predict is some players I think will have a big impact on our victory. Put me on record for the following:

Hunt will contribute big 80+ yards on the ground and 60+ in receiving yards and a TD

Lecounte will have a well-timed INT in the second half.

Our TEs will combine for 150+ receiving yards.

OBJ and DPJ catch TD passes.

Mahomes is sacked 3 times.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 09:39 AM
I said going back several months that Njoku would have a breakout season, so today is the beginning of his ascent.

I also think JOK will have a monster game on the defense. He will be sort of 1 dimensional player, but as the season rolls on he will become a monster player for us all over the field.

Time for the party to begin. Game 1 KC let's get this done.
Posted By: eotab Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 09:41 AM
yeah I'm looking at 12 plus wins this year.
We will win our division!
Our D will be top 5.
Baker will have OVER 40 tds and under 10 Ints.
Our RBs Chubb and Hunt will combine for over 2,000 yards.

Garret will lead the nfl in sacks
I finally get my SB...need to get strong cause want to stay on this earth for more!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 12:10 PM

Stay strong the wins will help.

I have never been a prediction guy.

Some way some how we will win it all this year.

The stars are in the right place. The universe is right.

We have all the ingredients.

GM - check
Head coach - check
QB - check
OL - check
RB's - check
Pass rushers - check
secondary - check
receivers - check

We now have continuity.

And the key players are all in their prime.
===============================================

This is a complete team top to bottom.

All we need is for a few things to fall our way.

Remain somewhat healthy.

Have some of those big plays (like the Higgins play) go our way. The small element of a little luck.

I feel it to the bone that this is our year.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 03:03 PM
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I think each team will score 39 or better points.

Thought I previewed this post. 39 points is crazy. I meant 30 points. brownie
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 03:33 PM
It's going to take 44 points to beat the chiefs. I think the Browns can hold them to 43.

24 points per half, 52 on a given game,
That should be the aim of the Browns collectively all year long.

Except if the Offense is running down game clock, at those times the Browns Defense is going to have to aim to get the points from takeaways that return into the end zone.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 03:46 PM
Well, we held them to 22 points just eight months ago with a MUCH, MUCH worse pass rush and secondary, in a game with a LOT more on the line.... so, I totally get where you pulled the 43 from.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 03:55 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 04:21 PM
Now if we can just get Mahomes to exit the game with a head injury again in the third quarter.

naughtydevil
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 04:49 PM
Now if we can just get Mahomes to exit the game with a head injury again in the third quarter.

naughtydevil

and get Turf Toe.

No lie, those two things helped our defense more than it helped itself.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 07:01 PM
We win by 13!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 07:02 PM
I'll take 1 point.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Prediction Thread. - 09/12/21 07:07 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I'll take 1 point.

So will I but it's going to be 13.. plus my heart wouldn't take 1
© DawgTalkers.net