DawgTalkers.net
London Lamar, incoming Tennessee state House rep, calls residents ‘racist’, GOP voters ‘uneducated’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/london-...ters-uneducated

A newly-elected Tennessee state lawmaker is apologizing after a video surfaced of the Democrat calling her state “racist” and claiming that most of its residents who “voted Republican are uneducated.”

The eyebrow-raising comments from London Lamar, a Democrat who is set to take office in January after running uncontested in the state’s House District 91 in the Memphis area, were made last week in a Facebook Live video posted the morning after the midterm elections.

“Let’s just call a spade a spade. Tennessee is racist. Period,” Lamar says in the video, which has been uploaded on several news websites after being taken off Facebook.

“Most of the Tennesseans who voted Republican are uneducated. So, they don’t even know that they showed up to the polls to vote against their own interest,” Lamar says at another point in the video. “They literally voted on color lines.”

On Monday, Lamar, in a Facebook post addressing the footage, described it as a “statistical analysis of the midterm elections based on my numerous years of political experience.”

Her campaign website says she has served the President of the Tennessee Young Democrats and has been a vice-chairwoman of the Black Caucus of the Young Democrats of America, among other positions and recognitions.

“After a review of the numbers after the midterm election, I felt the need to record a Facebook live video to discuss the numbers from both Tennessee and nationwide,” Lamar wrote in the apology post. “My comments did not intend to make a generalization about every white person who voted Republican. The truth about a large number of those who responded with their vote for Republican candidates this election cycle is, they voted in response to the racially charged rhetoric that has come from our President.”

Lamar, however, provided no proof in her Facebook post to back up that claim, nor did she explain how she determined things such as the interests or motives of each of the voters who had cast their ballots in Tennessee last week.

She went on to say that Tennesseans “live in a state that is very racially polarized.

“In my video I made one mistake and that was an overgeneralization of white people and for that I sincerely apologize,” she said. “However, we must not discount the election day data. We live in a state that is very racially polarized. When you look at the needs of rural west, middle and east, the democratic values speaks to their needs. I sincerely desire for the great state of Tennessee to give the democratic values a chance to work for all people.”

Lamar’s comments have been blasted by critics on social media.

“Calling #Tennessee voters uneducated racists while holding that seat is unconscionable,” one Twitter user wrote Tuesday. “It saddens me to know that somebody who feels that way about her constituents has such a trusted position.”

“A person with that attitude should not be in the House of Representatives in the state that she trashed on Facebook,” another added.

Others, on Lamar’s Facebook page, came to her defense.

“Stand tall, little sister. Never surrender and always defend. We got your back,” one person wrote.
so, as a politician, that was pretty dumb of her to say.

morally....Pit, is she right, wrong, or somewhere in the middle?
She called a spade, a spade. Clearly she must be a racist.

As such, she should be hounded out of a job, accosted in public, her privacy at home threatened, her children insulted, and even violence done to her person, because all of these things are totally acceptable when you are dealing with a racist.

Right, lefties?
If a white person calls another white person whitey, it's not racist. Just saying.
What is up with people from Tennessee? tsktsk
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Jesus wept.
When many here strongly objected to the usage of that exact phrase, there was no specific person referred to, the usage of the phrase all by itself was deemed to be sufficient to classify the user as a racist, with all the privileges and benefits thereby accrued.

It is called a pitard.
Originally Posted By: Nelson37
When many here strongly objected to the usage of that exact phrase, there was no specific person referred to, the usage of the phrase all by itself was deemed to be sufficient to classify the user as a racist, with all the privileges and benefits thereby accrued.

It is called a pitard.

It was me. I strongly objected. And I don't like her use of it here either, the only difference is 'it fits the situation' and it's not racist to call out racism.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

It is called a pitard.

It was me. I strongly objected. And I don't like her use of it here either, the only difference is 'it fits the situation' and it's not racist to call out racism.

Left uses it so much it has lost it's meaning...everything is racist.Pffft.

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

2. Deny your right to speak

3. Using the mob mentality

4. Play the victim

5. Appeal to authority fallacy
Can you tell me exactly which spade she was referring to when she called a spade a spade, in order to call out racism, cause, you know, she is talking about white people, so the excuse that she was talking about black people, like using the N word, does not apply, it was the phrase itself which was said to be racist.

The difference is that this woman is black and you probably agree with Clem's statement that black people cannot possibly be racist, which is a load of horse crap so deep I have to ask if you are wearing hip waders?
Understanding the concept takes a degree of intellectualism that you simply do not possess. I'm sorry this baffles you but I'm not sure how to help you as we obviously do not process information the same way...

AND it would take all the fun out of trolling you. wink

AND it would take all the fun out of trolling you. wink

Priceless! It's a Vambo self portrait.
Priceless! It's a Vambo self portrait.
You could have just stated that you have no functional reply to offer, would have been a lot easier on you.

The woman is a racist, she should be treated as you yourself have advocated, and I outlined above.

Now, you can confront the reality that your frequent rantings are baseless, unjustified, and of no value, or you can continue to hide behind your regular facade of name calling and insults.

Either way, the results remain unaltered.
Nelson, telling you that you are most likely right would completely ruin my opportunity to waste your time in a debate that I am baiting you into. It's like I pull a string and you type a response! I twist the string and you react emotionally. I cut the string and you post sarcastically...

Somebody is not in control of the conversation at all, can you manage that math?
Nelson, are you secretly Eugene Porter?

This is who I picture everytime we do this thing. lol
Originally Posted By: Swish
so, as a politician, that was pretty dumb of her to say.

morally....Pit, is she right, wrong, or somewhere in the middle?

As a proud resident of Tennessee for over 40 years, that chick can buzz off.

Good looking or not, she is just baiting the uneducated who vote for her, and trust me, she gets a high percentage of the uneducated vote.

Plus, she is from Memphis. That is east Arkansas as far as most east Tennesseans are concerned.
If I weren't lazy I would make a meme.

"Calls you uneducated and racist"

"Vote for me or I'll call you names again"
Dumb comment,,, But not without merit.
Quote:

Plus, she is from Memphis. That is east Arkansas as far as most east Tennesseans are concerned.

Hey!!! flamingmad

Just kidding, I'm not from Memphis, but lived there for a bit. No one from Memphis wants to be associated with Arkansas! rofl
when I lived in Texas I drove through Memphis a few times a year when doing my twice yearly pilgrimage to visit family. Great BBQ, which imho is high praise considering I lived in the belly of the BBQ beast so to speak.
Originally Posted By: gage
when I lived in Texas I drove through Memphis a few times a year when doing my twice yearly pilgrimage to visit family. Great BBQ, which imho is high praise considering I lived in the belly of the BBQ beast so to speak.

The Rendezvous (dry rub)
Blue City Cafe (wet rub)
The Commissary (if you happen to be in the 'burbs, well, a 'burb....Germantown)

thumbsup
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: gage

The Rendezvous (dry rub)
Blue City Cafe (wet rub)
The Commissary (if you happen to be in the 'burbs, well, a 'burb....Germantown)

thumbsup
I like One and Only (if only for the twice baked potato salad) and Commissary. Wasn't a big fan of Rendezvous when I went.

Soul fish café (althought not BBQ) maybe my favority place to grab a bite in the entire city. Best Catfish PoBoy I ever had, and the sweet tea will make your knees buckle.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered adding something useful to a discussion, or do you just prefer to whine pitifully over and over and over again? Maybe I should deliver some ice cream to you, so that you can continue to fantasize about your desire to be raped?

Seriously twisted and broken this one is, folks.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered adding something useful to a discussion, or do you just prefer to whine pitifully over and over and over again? Maybe I should deliver some ice cream to you, so that you can continue to fantasize about your desire to be raped?

This marks the third time Nelson has expressed a desire to rape me.

why do you want to deliver ice cream to a grown man? what a creep.

It’s a reference to the multiple times he’s said he wants to shove an ice cream cone up my anus.

Nelson is quite the normal dude.

I would agree with you but my posts disappear before I can finish typing them.

That’s because you keep saying weird and creepy stuff like “when people mock me for the time I called a pedophile ‘honorable’, it’s because they’re obsessed with pedophilia”.

Also, laughing out loud at “I keep trying to agree with the ice cream cone rape guy, but the mods keep deleting it”.
Originally Posted By: PDF

That’s because you keep saying weird and creepy stuff

If questioning you about the weird and creepy stuff you have been saying lately gets it deleted, then I would have to agree with you.
Just curious, why an ice cream cone? Do you have some traumatic experience with someone stealing your ice cream as a child or something? I mean there are billions of other objects you could have chosen for this statement, but ice cream cone? I reckon there is some weird, twisted meaning personally for you with that.
It’s probably how they got him at a frat party back in the day.

If questioning you about the weird and creepy stuff you have been saying lately gets it deleted, then I would have to agree with you.

What is weird or creepy about making fun of you for the time you called a pedophile “honorable”?
Garbage.

He can't help himself. Narcissistic characteristics abound. He uses a solid yet limited intelligence to inflate his ego, while completely overlooking everything else that make a person socially accepted. Beck wrote a song about him, something about termites in the brain I think.

What is weird or creepy about making fun of you for the time you called a pedophile “honorable”?

Hard to live with the truth of the past, wait until he realizes Trump is Fake News! lmfao
Garbage.

Pretty much every post you make. But I still love you lil buddy. I really like it when you tell everybody about all your money and stock moves. Because we all enjoy good fiction.
Garbage.

That doesn’t really answer my question.

What’s weird or creepy about me mocking you for the time you called a guy who was banned from a public shopping mall because he wouldn’t stop hitting on kids “honorable”?
It’s probably how they got him at a frat party back in the day.

Frat party? Was he a janitor at a college?
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Just curious, why an ice cream cone? Do you have some traumatic experience with someone stealing your ice cream as a child or something? I mean there are billions of other objects you could have chosen for this statement, but ice cream cone? I reckon there is some weird, twisted meaning personally for you with that.

It probably feels good if you have severe hemorrhoids. He knows all about hemorrhoids. He just wants to please.
Gives a whole new meaning to "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream."
Gives a whole new meaning to "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream."

So you going to send out the 'save the date' invitations for you and Nelson soon? lmao

For anyone who believes there isn't a God, here's you proof.
© DawgTalkers.net