DawgTalkers.net
Triple-amputee Air Force veteran on mission to raise $1B for US-Mexico border wall

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/veteran-launches-gofundme-campaign-to-help-fund-border-wall

A triple amputee U.S. military veteran says he was inspired to raise money for President Trump’s U.S.-Mexico border wall after reading a New York Post article that questioned why no one had taken up the mantle.

In just three days, Brian Kolfage’s GoFundMe campaign, “We The People Will Fund The Wall,” has racked up more than $2 million from more than 34,000 people, with a goal of raising $1 billion.

"If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall," the page reads. "That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this."

Kolfage wrote that the campaign has been in touch with the Trump administration “to secure a point of contact where all funds will go upon completion.”

“As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today,” Kolfage’s page reads. “Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.”

He added: “Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victory. They'd rather see President Trump fail than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.”

Kolfage is a retired U.S. Air Force member who served in Iraq. During his second deployment for Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2004, Kolfage was injured in a rocket attack at Balad Air Base. According to Kolfage's website, a 107mm rocket shell exploded about three feet away from him. Kolfage lost both legs and his right hand and required 11 months of therapy at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Kolfage continued to serve in the Air Force for several more years and was assigned to Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona as the base security manager. Kolfage is "the most severely wounded Airman to survive any war," his website states. He is now a motivational speaker and has appeared multiple times on FOX News.

Kolfage graduated from the University of Arizona's School of Architecture in 2014 and is now married with children.

The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment. This week, the White House retracted its $5 billion figure to fund the border wall amid a looming government shutdown.

“We have other ways that we can get to that $5 billion that we’ll work with Congress,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told Fox News on Tuesday.

Kolfage is a retired U.S. Air Force member who served in Iraq. During his second deployment for Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2004, Kolfage was injured in a rocket attack at Balad Air Base. According to Kolfage's website, a 107mm rocket shell exploded about three feet away from him. Kolfage lost both legs and his right hand and required 11 months of therapy at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Kolfage continued to serve in the Air Force for several more years and was assigned to Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona as the base security manager. Kolfage is "the most severely wounded Airman to survive any war," his website states. He is now a motivational speaker and has appeared multiple times on FOX News.

Kolfage graduated from the University of Arizona's School of Architecture in 2014 and is now married with children.

The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment. This week, the White House retracted its $5 billion figure to fund the border wall amid a looming government shutdown.

“We have other ways that we can get to that $5 billion that we’ll work with Congress,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told Fox News on Tuesday.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on Wednesday indicated the Senate will consider a stopgap measure to continue funding the government to avert a government shutdown – but it won’t include Trump’s desired allocation for border wall funding because of the “reality of our political moment.”

BORDER WALL EFFORT GETTING BOOST FROM US SHERIFFS' CROWDFUNDING SITE

Kolfage's campaign is not the first crowdfunding effort to raise money for the border wall. In September the National Sheriff's Association launched a website for donations. As of mid-December, the website has garnered nearly $160,000.
rofl And Mexico will pay for it. rofl
So far $2,717,732 thumbsup
Will the White Power Wall supporters put their money where their mouth is and put $80 towards the wall?
[quote=fishtheice]So far $2,717,732 thumbsup

Now

$3,301,217
Good, looks like they got my check! thumbsup
I'm dying watching the Trumpians jump from meltdown to meltdown. The spasmodic petulant septarian GOPer POTUS just wings every moment in office. Such a stupid, incredibly poor choice for a leader; yet watching all the Trumpians almost daily try to justify their votes for him is somehow satisfyingly fascinating.
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Will the White Power Wall supporters put their money where their mouth is and put $80 towards the wall?

Excuse me? White Power? How do you get that from a border wall?
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Don't ask or he will tell you. Why expand the pain?

Because it's nothing but a rhetorical tool for racists to rile up good people worried about their safety.

You know like Obama White power by deporting more BROWN skin people then anyone. willynilly
All he has to do is write a letter to Mexico. I mean they're going to pay for it, right?

Promises kept.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
All he has to do is write a letter to Mexico. I mean they're going to pay for it, right?

Promises kept.

And you can keep your doctor...Promises kept
And we have seen that new healthcare program.... you remember, that cheaper, better one? That great infrastructure bill..... Mexico paying for the wall..... I could go on and all you have is you can keep your doctor? lmao
Quote:

"Deflector shields at maximum. Firing moron torpedoes!"
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:

Why do you think of yourself that way?
j/c:

I find it revealing that racism is used as an insult on here daily and not one of them end up w/a suspension, but when another poster poses a hypothetical about race, that poster is suspended for two weeks and some posters call for a permanent ban.

To clarify, I am not calling for anyone to be suspended. It's a freaking football board and all of this intolerance is a joke. It's not a garden club. But, the inconsistencies in how posters are treated by the powers that be are a joke.
Originally Posted By: Vambo

You know like Obama White power by deporting more BROWN skin people then anyone. willynilly

Jesus Christ. No wonder you couldn't write a simple paragraph for $1,000, you can't even write a coherent sentence if it wasn't on Fox News first. I know you're an expert in the field of DIY lobotomies, but even the biggest idiots on this forum know how I feel about the former deporter in Chief.
settle down there, chairman mao
Quote:

Wow........you really zinged him, Vambo.
Originally Posted By: Swish

the twilight zone has been entered. Everyone thinks that you and OCD are Communists and they think that I voted for Obama. I'm not sure which is sadder.
i've been called way worse, so being thought of as a commie like obama is now a term of endearment.
ok, but Obama was still bad.
no.
Michelle for President!
I just triple checked the numbers and it turns out I was correct.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Michelle for President!

i would vote for her in a heartbeat.

Because it's nothing but a rhetorical tool for racists to rile up good people worried about their safety.

You're out of your cotton pickin' mind.

i quadruple checked. you're still a commie, Stalin.
Up to $9.6 million in four days... impressive...

sup with you and prisons and racism?
Did you really just use "cotton pickin?"

and your hood is on backwards thumbsup

i quadruple checked. you're still a commie, Stalin.

That must be why you're dodging me in Madden and CoD, Trotsky.
you're dodging me. but i get it, dont want to get embarrassed on twitch
Let's load it up right now. Which game you want?
Quote:

Wow........you really zinged him, Vambo.

Wow........you really zinged me VD
Quote:
VD

Always classy.

And I wasn't trying to "zing" you. You did it to yourself w/your lame attempt to insult Clem.

can't im trying to use this new vape pen. im stuck

Whatever you say, Josh Gordon rolleyes
Quote:
VD

Always classy.

And I wasn't trying to "zing" you. You did it to yourself w/your lame attempt to insult Clem.

Best comment you ever made.
$10,288,170
Raised by 168,948 people in 3 days
I'm getting some extra X-MAS money, I will be down to contribute some funds. Now if we could just get Swish, OCD, Perfect Spiral, and the others on the board to do so. thumbsup
nah, i used money to donate to a few kids college funds.

way better use of resources.
nah, i used money to donate to a few kids college funds.

way better use of resources.

A true American hero, getting rid of barriers instead of creating them. You're a real Patriot.

the twilight zone has been entered. Everyone thinks that you and OCD are Communists and they think that I voted for Obama. I'm not sure which is sadder.

There you go draggin my ass into it... but I prefer communists to fascist.

I threw mine away. I had to use a blowtorch to get that ceramic hot enough to get a drag... Melted plastic all over my tray.
I'm getting some extra X-MAS money, I will be down to contribute some funds. Now if we could just get Swish, OCD, Perfect Spiral, and the others on the board to do so. thumbsup

Not if my life counted on it. I'd chip in to send Trump back to live in Russia though.
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
$10,288,170

People have only raised 1% of the funds needed in 3 days? Bummer.
It's a marathon, Dawg.

#forbearance
#longgame
Originally Posted By: gage
$10,288,170

People have only raised 1% of the funds needed in 3 days? Bummer.

5 Billion isn't going to touch the completion of a border wall. Estimates were 30-50 Billion a while back.
Quote:
5 Billion isn't going to touch the completion of a border wall. Estimates were 30-50 Billion a while back.

Shut up.
(Freakkin' buzzkill...)

flamingmad

[/purpletext]
j/c:

I find it revealing that racism is used as an insult on here daily and not one of them end up w/a suspension, but when another poster poses a hypothetical about race, that poster is suspended for two weeks and some posters call for a permanent ban.

To clarify, I am not calling for anyone to be suspended. It's a freaking football board and all of this intolerance is a joke. It's not a garden club. But, the inconsistencies in how posters are treated by the powers that be are a joke.
Its amazing to me that someone who constantly complains about the posters, constantly complains about the content, constantly complains about the refs and their "inconsistencies" sticks around here so much. Bro, if you hate it, be gone.
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Its amazing to me that someone who constantly complains about the posters, constantly complains about the content, constantly complains about the refs and their "inconsistencies" sticks around here so much. Bro, if you hate it, be gone.

Dude, I been telling CHS, Swish, and OCD the same thing about America for years now but they just won't listen! brownie
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Dude, I been telling CHS, Swish, and OCD the same thing about America for years now but they just won't listen! brownie

We didn't let you give up on America when we had a Kenyan President, so we won't be giving up on America now that we have a Russian President.

I'm still waiting on Mexico to pay for it like the Trumpski said. It looks like you're already willing to admit he lied.

You need another 40 oz. Cult 45.
$12,176,056

Raised by 199,701 people in 4 days
Only 4,824,000,000 to go. To get the wall started.
$12,176,056

Trump said that he was going to get Mexico to pay for the wall. Is this go fund me only for Mexicans then?

And if Trump doesn't get his 5 billion for a wall that Mexico was going to pay for, whose government is he going to shut down, Mexico's?

Because we aren't leaving OUR America to the fascist.
$12,176,056

I wonder how many were Mexicans.

How stupid is our President? this looks like something that Vambo wouldn't even post.
I used to give him credit for being not as dumb as he constantly appears .... Figure be became president, he can't be THAT much of an imbecile in real life.

But no - dude is a straight up Moron.

How stupid is our President? this looks like something that Vambo wouldn't even post.

So the are going to line up a bunch of sharp pencils?
$15,046,660

Raised by 246,373 people in 5 days
Barnum was right.
I wish Democrats and non fascists as the elite like to call themselves would stand up for the innocent unborn as they do criminals who attempt to enter a country illegally.
We the American people voted for the wall and want it. I fully support the government shutdown if people in congress don't know what they're doing.
We the American people voted for the wall and want it. I fully support the government shutdown if people in congress don't know what they're doing.

Actually, PT Barnum said they would build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.

You sit on a throne of lies
How is anything I said a lie?
Well for starters, the majority of Americans don't want a wall. See 2016 and 2018 elections.
Its been proven that Americans do want the wall as evidenced in 2016. Do I need to show you the map again to remind you of the results?
Trump did not win the popular vote.

Trump does not have majority support

Trump does not have majorly support for the wall.

These are all facts.
Are you claiming that each and every person who voted for Trump wants the Wall? Or, is there actual data that proves your point?

I really don't know the answer, but your reply is a bit too vague for me to figure out.
Its been proven that Americans do want the wall as evidenced in 2016. Do I need to show you the map again to remind you of the results?

Why do you want to look at a map to see what the consensus thinks? Just count the votes! If Americans wanted the wall in 2016, then why couldn't Trump or congress deliver? Are they just massive failures who can't institute popular policy or are they fighting uphilll?
I'm stating that by vote it has been shown that Americans across the great expanse want the wall. I know both of you absolutely hate the idea of border security (god knows why). It would protect people and save money related to immigration.

Now personally I think congress and the entire government as a whole is completely incompetent, it always has been. I think its both a failure and an uphill battle. Showing you the map is just a reminder that more people want the wall across the United States. You seem to forget awfully quickly what those results were.

Gee, looks like we got them surrounded.
I am going to ask you this question again. Are you saying that every single person who voted for Trump wants a wall? Or, does that map just show who voted for whom?
I'm stating that by vote it has been shown that Americans across the great expanse want the wall. I know both of you absolutely hate the idea of border security (god knows why). It would protect people and save money related to immigration.

Now personally I think congress and the entire government as a whole is completely incompetent, it always has been. I think its both a failure and an uphill battle. Showing you the map is just a reminder that more people want the wall across the United States. You seem to forget awfully quickly what those results were.

imagine being so bad at reading that you literally post an image where it says a million more people voted for Clinton and you still think you're in the majority
Well for starters, the majority of Americans don't want a wall. See 2016 and 2018 elections.

Right, and Hillary is President.
Can we get a Diam bat signal for Cons who can't do math?
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Right, and Hillary is President.

Not only does this one not understand how presidential elections work, he also thinks they're every two years!
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I used to give him credit for being not as dumb as he constantly appears .... Figure be became president, he can't be THAT much of an imbecile in real life.

He has a lot more money than you. So what does that say about MGH.

By that logic, any rich kid who was born into money is automatically better than you.
Sandusky is one of those rare towns where people have more pocket change than they do iq points.

By that logic, any rich kid who was born into money is automatically better than you.

Trump has more money, a nicer car, better looking wife, and is PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Whats in your wallet besides weed.
Sandusky is one of those rare towns where people have more pocket change than they do iq points.

Apparently. Did you see his response to me? I’ve never seen anybody brag about what somebody else has quite like trump supporters.

It’s so funny watching the same people who trash celebrities turn around in defend a reality tv star.

Apparently. Did you see his response to me? I’ve never seen anybody brag about what somebody else has quite like trump supporters.

It’s so funny watching the same people who trash celebrities turn around in defend a reality tv star.

Trump is pretty successful business man for a senial old moron as you guys call him. Just sayin.
Ok. I did not read this thread at all.

My question is: Why is Trump so obsessed with this wall idea, instead of fixing Healthcare?

It seems it would be better to fix a problem that affects all citizens in the US, vs fixing a problem that only involves a handful of wannabe citizens from Mexico/Wherever.

I mean, Trump did say repeal/replace in first 100 days. What happened there?

Nobody cares about a freakin wall.
gc. If everybody who voted had 80$, we'd have the funding for the wall.

If everybody who was force unwillingly to buy health insurance by obamacare had that money re-directed to the wall, they'd probably have enough to pay for it 8 times over,

and build a community, or several in the southern states, (ala ellis island) where new arriving refugees could thrive and become documented into God Fearing Americans.

The whole Mexico's going to pay for it" thing,...

Anybody with real sense would suspect the paying was going to come in the form of trade deficit changes and the re-writing of NAFTA and the stoppage of jobs being shipped south to them,

and the stoppage of drug movement, (sold for profit, in the usa)
and the stoppage of American dollars, untaxed, shipped back to Mexico,

And when you add up getting control, over the total lack of control democrats seem to advocate,
You'd pay for the wall.

Circa, $216. /person/month for 2-3 years for Obama Care, for unwilling foced health care buying, starts to upend that $80. /voter even if some of them were willing.

So, take my already spent $$$ and build the Wall.

My border plan is easier,
1. annex mexico, their southern border is less wide.
2. build malls on the southern border, store fronts pay for themselves
3. Mega communities in southern states for illegals to document and be taxed the blank out of

4. 60 year heritage path to citizenship.

Only partially unreasonable, what does the secret gov't do again?
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Ok. I did not read this thread at all.

My question is: Why is Trump so obsessed with this wall idea, instead of fixing Healthcare?

It seems it would be better to fix a problem that affects all citizens in the US, vs fixing a problem that only involves a handful of wannabe citizens from Mexico/Wherever.

I mean, Trump did say repeal/replace in first 100 days. What happened there?

Nobody cares about a freakin wall.

Triple-amputee Air Force veteran on mission to raise $1B for US-Mexico border wall

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/veteran-launches-gofundme-campaign-to-help-fund-border-wall

A triple amputee U.S. military veteran says he was inspired to raise money for President Trump’s U.S.-Mexico border wall after reading a New York Post article that questioned why no one had taken up the mantle.

In just three days, Brian Kolfage’s GoFundMe campaign, “We The People Will Fund The Wall,” has racked up more than $2 million from more than 34,000 people, with a goal of raising $1 billion.

"If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall," the page reads. "That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this."

Kolfage wrote that the campaign has been in touch with the Trump administration “to secure a point of contact where all funds will go upon completion.”

“As a veteran who has given so much, 3 limbs, I feel deeply invested to this nation to ensure future generations have everything we have today,” Kolfage’s page reads. “Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens and too many illegals are taking advantage of the United States taxpayers with no means of ever contributing to our society.”

He added: “Democrats are going to stall this project by every means possible and play political games to ensure President Trump doesn’t get his victory. They'd rather see President Trump fail than see America succeed. However, if we can fund a large portion of this wall, it will jumpstart things and will be less money Trump has to secure from our politicians.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on Wednesday indicated the Senate will consider a stopgap measure to continue funding the government to avert a government shutdown – but it won’t include Trump’s desired allocation for border wall funding because of the “reality of our political moment.”

BORDER WALL EFFORT GETTING BOOST FROM US SHERIFFS' CROWDFUNDING SITE

Kolfage's campaign is not the first crowdfunding effort to raise money for the border wall. In September the National Sheriff's Association launched a website for donations. As of mid-December, the website has garnered nearly $160,000.
What a failure
So far $2,717,732 thumbsup
thumbsup

Wow.
You must be Mexican.

Seriously, d00d got the job by saying that Mexico would cover the costs of this foolishness.

Now, he's holding the US government employees hostage, and demanding that American citizens pay. This was not the campaign promise at all. This was not the contract American signed on for. We should not be surprised; this has been part of his modus operandi for decades. Bait/switch has been one of his go-to tools since he started playing The Game.

Now, some other d00d starts a GoFundMe page like The Wall is some sick poor kid with leukemia, and the very same people who lined up to vote for a Mexico-funded wall are now cutting their own checks to make it happen.

rofl

You can't make this stuff up.

Well, I think this is a great development. Free-market hard at work. Those Americans who want a wall badly enough should be happy to pay for every brick, steel slat, chain link run, and yard of razor wire. Totally. Those who think it's a dumb idea should be off the hook for even one thin dime.

Fund it 100% from volunteer donations, and I'll stay out of the way, 100%. I'll even take a trip to the border so I can look at this 'wall,' and say:
"I did NOTHING to help this foolishness happen."

I'm no less a fan of border security than anyone else. I simply think that US taxpayer dollars could be better spent bolstering border security in ways more effective than building a wall. If dolts, dunces and dunderheads want to fund a wall to make themselves feel safer, they should go for it. I say nothing when a neighbor pays to fence his yard. If he asks me to chip in, I'll laugh in his face.
A perfect post. Could not have articulated it better in any way shape or form. thumbsup

The best part of this is that tastybrownies posted a graphic that quite literally states in plain English that there isn’t a popular mandate for the wall, and then saying “look at this graphic, it shows there’s a popular mandate for the wall”.

imagine being so bad at reading that you literally post an image where it says a million more people voted for Clinton and you still think you're in the majority

Apparently you don't understand how the electoral college system works in the United States or the method of election. Sounds like you need to go back to grade school civics class.

Again, the fact is, that by the electoral college, which is a better representative of what Americans truly want, shows that the wall is wanted.

You can only lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. In your case you're a red so you are hopeless. I know showing the map is an instant trigger and gets people riled up. Its a reminder to show how far off base the democrat ideas are with the people who actually vote.
Quote:

Apparently you don't understand how the electoral college system works in the United States or the method of election. Sounds like you need to go back to grade school civics class.

Again, the fact is, that by the electoral college, which is a better representative of what Americans truly want, shows that the wall is wanted.

This is incoherent rambling.

You posted a map as evidence that there was a popular mandate for building a wall. The map doesn’t show that at all. In fact, it shows the exact opposite.
So then you do or don't understand how the electoral college works, the win in 2016, and how Trump's republican ideas and what he supports won? You do know one of his campaign points was to build a wall and the it was voted for. I can re-hash 2016 year all over again for you if you would like though.

I can break it down for you though. Generally when a president wins through the electoral college that equals a victory. This means that across the United States more people liked Trumps ideas, including the wall. If you don't want the electoral college and instead a mob majority, then only New York and Los Angeles votes would matter.
Give it up already... You goofed and made a mistake and face planted.

You said the wall was popular. You suggested the majority of the population wanted the wall. You didn't infer anything about the voting system or the electoral system.

You then posted a pretty, graphic with lots of red GEOGRAPHY but numbers that showed Clinton had more votes than Trump.... Because she won the POPULAR vote.
So then you do or don't understand how the electoral college works, the win in 2016, and how Trump's republican ideas and what he supports won? You do know one of his campaign points was to build a wall and the it was voted for. I can re-hash 2016 year all over again for you if you would like though.

I can break it down for you though. Generally when a president wins through the electoral college that equals a victory. This means that across the United States more people liked Trumps ideas, including the wall. If you don't want the electoral college and instead a mob majority, then only New York and Los Angeles votes would matter.

I like that while he keeps doubling down on his mistake in embarrassing fashion, he keeps trying to frame it in terms like “I can break it down for you” or “perhaps you need to go back to grade school”
Give up what? The statement that across America more people want the wall than not still stands.

The key word is across. The only way I know how to do a representative measure across the US is the electoral college. Majority doesn't count because that isn't a true representative. If it was then the elections would be decided that way but they're not for a reason.

Thankfully our founders were much smarter than you and myself.
Poppycock
the election results shows you're wrong.

polling shows you're wrong.

the presidents approval numbers shows you're wrong.

the wall does not have majority support. the guy pushing the idea doesn't even have majority support. just stop it.

This is like the time you bragged to everyone about sending $8 to that Stormfront Nazi kid for a printed copy of a Photoshop he made.
the election results shows you're wrong.

polling shows you're wrong.

the presidents approval numbers shows you're wrong.

the wall does not have majority support. the guy pushing the idea doesn't even have majority support. just stop it.

Even if we followed his bizarre “OK, there wasn’t a popular mandate, but there really was” logic down the rabbit hole...there’s only roughly 30-35% of Trump’s voters that were dumb enough to think “he’s gonna build the wall, and Mexico’s gonna pay for it!”. The overwhelming majority know that the wall stuff is just a confused old man whipping up racist rubes with red meat, and that it’s just window dressing/means to an end for tax policy.

Most of them realize that Trump is just a useful idiot.
Originally Posted By: PDF

This is like the time you bragged to everyone about sending $8 to that Stormfront Nazi kid for a printed copy of a Photoshop he made.

That was the Philadelphia Inquirer and it still is not a Nazi organization.

Some things never change, like your crap posts.

That was the Philadelphia Inquirer and it still is not a Nazi organization.

Some things never change, like your crap posts.

It wasn’t the Philadelphia Enquirer. It was a fake article that was Photoshopped by Stormfront user “white_genocide” and posted to reddit’s “TheDonald”. You got tricked into sending him $8 because somehow you were gullible enough to think it was real, and everyone laughed at you.
Don't go away mad.
Just go away.
Don't go away mad.
Just go away.

I love how 40 always tries to pretend that something he did that was laughably embarrassing and that everyone remembers vividly didn’t happen, and then when it’s pointed out that it most certainly happened, he slinks off with some pithy comment about garbage or feces or “just go away”.

For real though, 40, what’s the point of trying to pretend that you didn’t get tricked in sending a neo-Nazi teen money because he tricked you? Outside of the time that you called a rapist mass murderer “tough” and “cool”, or maybe the time you repeatedly called a pedophile “honorable”, it’s the incident you’re best known for. Why not just take your lumps instead of trotting out some half-baked “that didn’t happen”, which only leads to a detailed re-hashing that embarrasses you further?
I forgot the day 40 got mocked mercilessly from all sides for his claim that Trump would’ve ran into the Parkland shooting unarmed to stop it because he “has the heart of the lion”.

That’s another all-timer.
Gotta love working in a Talking Heads reference on a thread talking about "A Wall." LMAO
$16,364,030

Raised by 268,997 people in 6 days
$16,364,030

Raised by 268,997 people in 6 days

Imagine getting taken in by a confused elderly man spending months rambling incoherently about Mexico paying for a useless and logistically impossible wall, believing it, and then after realizing you got duped, thinking “*I* will help pay to make this senile moron’s babbling a reality!”

Also, two questions-

1) Does everyone remember when Trump went on some incoherent rant about how the wall had to be see-through, because otherwise people would be killed by giant bags of drugs that would be hurled over the wall?

2) Is the see-through design a feature in the model being crowdfunded by rubes?
My late mother suffered from Altheimer's and my brother and I were ultra-protective of people trying to rip her off. I do worry about America's elderly being ripped-off by Trump's narrative.
My late mother suffered from Altheimer's and my brother and I were ultra-protective of people trying to rip her off. I do worry about America's elderly being ripped-off by Trump's narrative.

Yeah, a lot of this stuff is really sad. With some people you just laugh and think, “OK, this moron and his money deserve to go separate ways”, but there’s a lot of Trump-based grifts out there that are taking advantage of people with declining mental faculties.
I’m reminded of the time that Trump ducked the second debate because he was terrified of Megyn Kelly, and held a fundraising event instead that was meant to raise money for veterans.

Trump raised $6 million and tried to pocket it before Farenhold and the Post caught him.
grits out there that are taking advantage of people with declining mental faculties.

GoFundMe account looks to buy 'ladders' to scale Trump's border wall

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gofundme-account-looks-to-buy-ladders-to-scale-trumps-border-wall

And funding criminal activity.
grits out there that are taking advantage of people with declining mental faculties.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gofundme-account-looks-to-buy-ladders-to-scale-trumps-border-wall

I’m shocked - SHOCKED- that an obvious joke went over the head of the “how did David Hogg know how to use Google? Had to be Soros!” guy.

Clymer is a doofus, but the point of the ladder GoFundMe is quite obviously tongue-in-cheek mockery of the rubes dumb enough to contribute to a GoFundMe for Trump’s wall.

Did you really think it was serious?
You know the answer to that question, as sad as it is.
You know the answer to that question, as sad as it is.

The second paragraph of his article literally points out that it’s a joke meant to mock the idiots donating to the wall GoFundMe, and all funds raised will go to charity, but you can’t really expect the “George Soros sent himself a pipe bomb” guy to actually read beyond the headline.
Gotta love working in a Talking Heads reference on a thread talking about "A Wall." LMAO

Gotta operate on Spock-like 3-dimensional chess levels, yo.

But you need to give your props up to Eve, as well.
Without her inspiration/instigation, we wouldn't be 'Byrnin' Down The House.'

Enlightenment is a group effort.

I’m shocked - SHOCKED- that an obvious joke went over the head of the “how did David Hogg know how to use Google? Had to be Soros!” guy.

Clymer is a doofus, but the point of the ladder GoFundMe is quite obviously tongue-in-cheek mockery of the rubes dumb enough to contribute to a GoFundMe for Trump’s wall.

(the fund currently has only raised around $135,000),

Some of you did. rofl
16 mil is not 21 Billion but it will buy a LOT of legos so the idiot manchild can get together with his friends and play build that wall...

(the fund currently has only raised around $135,000),

Some of you did. rofl

So you not only took an obvious joke seriously, but you also apparently don’t understand how GoFundMe works.

Another stellar performance from the Breitbart link guy.
$17,035,069

Raised by 280,363 people in 8 days
$17,035,069

Raised by 280,363 people in 8 days

That’s really sad.

Obviously, this thing is never going to hit the goal, but it’s tough to think that so many people are willing to donate to a senile pervert’s useless vanity project, when they probably really need the money for useful things.

I mean, obviously they’re reprehensible losers, but I still feel bad for them.

It’s a glimpse of how empty and desperate a lot of these angry racist morons are deep down inside.
I wonder how many kids could be sent to college with that 17 million.

But they rather kick Brown people out.
Michelle for President!

She won’t need to steal a speech from the previous First Lady.

And it’s ironic the GOOpers brag about donating to this cause during the holiday season. Meanwhile millions of Americans give millions of dollars and donate hundreds of hours of their time volunteering to needy U.S. citizens in America every single day.

You have no control over another American citizen's priorities.
Learn to live with that reality, young bro.

I choose to focus my time, money, and personal efforts on our next generation's potential contributions to Our Republic.

The trade-off?
Those same 'other Americans' have no control over how I focus my efforts.

They send money to a GoFundMe site for the construction of a wall.

I log (daily/weekly)face time with their kids.

Without ever talking politics at all, I teach their kids:

1. how to question authority/conventional 'wisdom.'
2. how to collect raw data, execute analytical thought, and effect positive action to seek positive results.
3. how to put analytics/critical thought processes into action to achieve a higher goal.

And when they log that #1 rating at OMEA Music Day, be it as a soloist, small ensemble member or orchestra participant, they become better, more plugged-in US citizens. They've experienced what it means to be an integrated individual, part of a bigger, better whole.

So you see, Swish: I don't ever have to teach/cajole/influence/seduce/'indoctrinate' a single kid into being someone who eclipses his/her parent in the realm of thoghtpolitik. By training them to be better musicians, I'm also providing them a pathway to becoming more inspired, involved, informed citizens.

Do a shallow research of the history behind artists/musicians/writers/philosophers v. conventional ideology of their times. You will find thousands of instances where members of those communities were 1,2, even 3 generations advanced from their contemporaries.

Sending kids to college is a good thing.
Giving kids permission to think without ideological constraint is a GREAT thing... whether they aspire to a college education or not.

For most of my adult life, I've helped pinkish/pale-ish kids more than I've helped brown/yellow/tan ones. That's simply because of the demographics that dominated my home turf. One thing's for sure: ALL have thrived because of their time spent with me.

And not one of their parents has ever lodged a complaint about my influence in their child's development. Not one.
In almost 40 years of continuous service.

As I said in a previous post, I sincerely applaud this effort. I truly believe that The Wall should be totally funded by Americans who are motivated to see its construction. I wish them well. I also believe that this wall should not receive one thin dime from Americans who see it as a stupid, inefficient, wasteful expenditure of civic revenue.

GoFundMe is the way to go.

Let private money fund a private initiative to provide false security to a segment of The American Populace who values such an initiative. As long as I don't have to foot the bill for something this foolish... why should I care?

In the meantime, I'll continue to work my ass off within the current system to help low-income, "deck stacked against them" inner-city kids earn diplomas, scholastic awards, and scholarships/Pell grants to transform America's demographic snapshot of success.

I can do no less.
My fam has been at this game since the early 1800's.
We Progressive Negroes were born and built for this.

We never allowed walls (physical, social, political, ethnic or otherwise) to diminish or limit us.
We will never allow a temporary POTUS* to define what our limits are.

Those who are working within the laws of our country to gain entry should be helped by those of us who already enjoy the privileges and benefits thereof. Those who would seek to thwart those peoples' efforts should be defeated/vanquished from within... by their own 'fellow citizens.'

Anyone who feels otherwise should start a GoFundMe web page to underwrite the cost of transporting the Statue of Liberty back to France.

p.s. I know you love your babies. NOW is the time to allow them to get involved in music/ The Arts. They will flourish in this environment.
I'd rather spend 5 billion on a wall than the 140 billion a year illegal aliens cost the USA each year. Just get it done and then go from there.

Either that or just conquer all of the land south to panama and save the trouble of immigrating.
Great post Clem. You're on fire recently.

Think of how many American kids will never get the chance to go to college because they were killed by disease or criminal violence brought over our border illegally.

Think of how many American kids will never get the chance to go to college because they were killed by disease or criminal violence brought over our border illegally.

Statistically?

Roughly between 1.6-4.3 kids per year.

Statistically?

Roughly between 1.6-4.3 kids per year.

My bad, my math was off, I was wrong.

Roughly between 5.7-7.9 kids per year.
The wall really serves no purpose- it’s more or less a pointless monument for racists.

As Clem said, if a bunch of people want to fund it, they’re more than welcome to. Of course, that’s an insane pipe dream, because it would require land rights that could only be obtained via imminent domain, which would require taxpayer funds.

The bumbling elderly man the angry racists worship promised that Mexico would pay for it, thus not requiring the taxpayers (who by every available metric don’t want it), but again - imminent domain - so in the end this incredibly stupid GoFundMe that preys on idiots and racists couldn’t do it alone.

Anyway you shake it, it would be a monumental waste of money for an ineffectual symbol that means nothing outside of grievance for bitter racist simpletons.
The geography of the SW United States and the ownership of some of the land guarantees that the Wall will never work.

What baffles me is the fact that people are even considering it...
The geography of the SW United States and the ownership of some of the land guarantees that the Wall will never work.

Hate and bigotry have never been accused of being based in wisdom bro.

Yeah, like I just said in another thread, I think they actually believe that there could be some kind of continuous wall that runs the length of the border.
Yep...............and that isn't even considering the water passages.
Jc

I always wonder why lately the GOP and conservatives treat our neighbors like trash. We treat Mexico worse than we treat ISIS. One would think it would be common sense to have the e st relationship imaginable with the countries who share our borders.

But I dunno what it’s like to be an angry white guy so....
$17,793,666

Raised by 292,970 people in 11 days
https://gofundthewall.net/

Make sure you donate thumbsup
$17,793,666

Then why did trump shut down the gov’t again?
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
$17,793,666

Then why did trump shut down the gov’t again?

Imagine the embarrassing sadness involved in bragging that people are willingly crowdfunding a GoFundMe that will clearly never reach its goal, as a last resort after realizing that you’d been tricked, and Mexico isn’t paying for it.

All while the president is play-acting that he’s doing his job by tweeting out pictures of him pretending to sign a blank piece of paper.

Looks like a very sad lonely shell of a man.
Its time to shutdown the Southern border as well.

We need the wall to minimize illegal immigration enforcement and costs. Crimes are being committed every single day by illegal immigrants yet the left still delaying the issue. Its really sickening, their non action.
The conservatives talk about the borders, one would think we live in Alcatraz.
The conservatives talk about the borders, one would think we live in Alcatraz.

If you listen to them talk about it, they make it sound like a wall would be some kind of effective preventative measure for curbing illegal immigration, and not just a useless monument to frothing racism.

Like, if you build a few miles of a wall here or there, these people are just going to avoid them and enter the country via the open parts (or, more importantly, they will be flown over it or
driven through/around it by wealthy business interests)

It would be exactly the same situation we currently have, only billions in taxpayer funds down the drain.
Quote:
It would be exactly the same situation we currently have, only billions in taxpayer funds down the drain.

And it’s constantly ignored that trump campaigned on the promise that Mexico would pay for it and now his supporters are actually happy to pay part of the bill. rofl
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:

And it’s constantly ignored that trump campaigned on the promise that Mexico would pay for it and now his supporters are actually happy to pay part of the bill. rofl

Yeah. I don’t watch much cable news but I’ve been in airports for the holiday season and keep seeing those clips of Trump rallies where he asks “and who is going to pay for it?” and all of the racist rubes yell “MEXICO!” and he says “100%! No doubt!”

Getting rolled by a senile con man and coming back for more. Just embarrassing.
So then what do you want? Immigration policy and enforcement to remain the same? No ideas coming from the Democrat party at this point. The republican party has come up with ideas but I don't see any from the other side yet.

It really annoys me when congress members such as Schumer\Pelosi already approved the same type of border security funding years ago. So that tells me a couple things:

1. They don't care about the security of the United States. Don't care about US citizens.

2. They just want to play politics. If it were up to me ever single member of congress would be fired right now.

3. Need severe term limits in congress right now. How are these old people on both sides still there. They are ineffective and need to be taken out to the wood shed.

Quote:
How are these old people on both sides still there.

Yeah sure? That’s a hollow statement coming from you since you just called out Schumer and Pelosi in the same post. Pfft.
The republican party has come up with ideas

By “ideas” you mean “we’re gonna build a wall, and Mexico is gonna pay for it”, which isn’t an idea so much as the ramblings of a senile old man who sounds like he skipped his meds at the nursing home.

And I hate to break it to you, but cheap labor is a *requirement* of capitalism. Once slavery was abolished, we turned to desperate immigrants. And once minimum wage laws were enacted, we turned to undocumented immigrants.

There’s no stopping or slowing illegal immigration without a new economic model.
And it’s kind of hard to rail against the opposition when you were foolish enough to throw your lot in with the senile old man who told you Mexico was going to pay for a wall that’s logistically impossible

If you were serious about a solution you shouldn’t have nominated a clown

And I hate to break it to you, but cheap labor is a *requirement* of capitalism. Once slavery was abolished, we turned to desperate immigrants. And once minimum wage laws were enacted, we turned to undocumented immigrants.

There’s no stopping or slowing illegal immigration without a new economic model.

That is something that doesn't get talked out enough imo . Who will replace this low paying labor that keeps the engines of this country running?
Here's the result that will take place if emotions control our actions. If temper tantrums rule the day......

"An economic impossibility"

The San Ysidro crossing is the biggest passenger land port in the Western hemisphere -- closing it alone would be hugely disruptive. Every day, an average of 120,000 commuter vehicles, 6,000 trucks and 63,000 pedestrians use the border gateway, many to go to and from their jobs in the U.S.

Sealing the entire border between the countries, meanwhile, would cause economic chaos. In 2017, about $558 billion in goods flowed across the U.S.- Mexico border in both directions, making Mexico our third-biggest trading partner for goods behind Canada and China. U.S. goods exported to Mexico totaled $243.3 billion, while trade in services accounted for another $58 billion.

Trucks transport the bulk of goods: In September 2018 alone, $34.7 billion in freight -- 69 percent of all southern border freight -- crossed in from Mexico by truck, according to the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics. Another $6.8 billion crossed by rail, $5.9 billion by vessels, $1.3 billion by air and $400 million by pipeline.

Roughly 465,000 people also enter the U.S. each day through the various ports of entry at the southern border, according to a Wilson Center report. That's enough people to fill El Paso's Sun Bowl Stadium nine times.

"If you are thinking about a total shutdown of the border, then it's hundreds of millions of dollars a day -- maybe a billion," Duncan Wood, director of the Wilson Center's Mexico Institute, told CBS MoneyWatch. "It's an economic impossibility. Literally, the two economies would grind to a halt. Both economies are set up to depend upon cross-border trade."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-president-trumps-threat-to-close-the-u-s-mexico-border-would-cost/

And blaming the Democrats for this? Remember what Trump said until it turned out to be just another lie when he said something different................

But that's the great thing about supporting the biggest liar the White House has ever seen. You can just pick which ever lie he tells to suit your agenda.
i wonder what 17 million could do for homeless vets.
Quote:

The funniest part is going to be when Trump spends the money on oil paintings of himself.

Living on US-Mexico Border, Native Americans Face Daily Struggles
$18,192,755

Raised by 299,973 people in 13 days

I've read on this board that "nobody wants that wall".
#impressive.yawn/purpletext.

18 million.
Roughly equivalent to the auction price of a Stradivarius violin + an Amati cello at auction.

Meanwhile, the cost of wall construction hovers somewhere around 350 billion (with a "B").

.19%
strong statement.
At this rate, it will take a century to cover the start-up costs.

Does anyone else see how pathetic this looks?

This spent money is equivalent to purchases of 'Snake Oil Remedy' sold off the back of travelling wagons in the 1890's. It's the age of the Internet, and yet, dolts, dummies and idgitz are still falling for this goofy, outdated s#.

Carnival scam tactics.

shaking my damn head
$18,192,755

“There are dozens of us, Lindsay! Dozens!” - Tobias Funke
You must have forgotten. It's no longer a wall. Now it's a metal fence with slats. And Mexico isn't going to pay for it.

So it's nothing that Trump promised or talked about during his campaign. But people who support him no longer care about truth or honesty. You know, those same people that used to claim they cared about Christian and family values.
$18,192,755

Hey, just wait till Trump gets hold of this, it will be $188 Million raised by 29 million people. . . .
$18,192,755

Hey, just wait till Trump gets hold of this, it will be $188 Million raised by 29 million people. . . .

And he’s gonna spend all these poor suckers’ money on autographed Tim Tebow jerseys and oil paintings of himself.
Update:

$19,091,744

Raised by 316,218 people in 19 days
Walls work, says Arizona sheriff who claims crime dropped by 91 percent thanks to border fence

By Victor Garcia | Fox News

Rove: There are places along the border where we need a wall

As Washington, D.C. debates whether or not a wall will stop the flow of illegal immigration from Mexico to the United States, one Arizona county sheriff says it led to a dramatic 91 percent reduction in crime.

“The fence worked here. It may not work in New Mexico, I can only talk about my area. But [politicians should] defer to the Border Patrol experts,” Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmot told Fox News. “They know the situation.”

In 2006, President George W. Bush passed the Secure Fence Act which had a tremendous impact in Yuma County. In 2015, Fox News reported a 96 percent reduction in apprehensions due to a 20-foot tall steel fence and manpower being tripled. Wilmot was a deputy during that time but saw the impact firsthand.

“It was a 91 percent drop,” Wilmot said. “It obviously helped us curb some of the criminal activity that we unfortunately had to deal with.”

The 91 percent reduction in crime Wilmot cites is a Sheriffs office number. According to Wilmot, service calls and arrests dropped dramatically between 2005-2009 leading to the conclusion that added fencing along with more manpower had a major impact on local crime. According to Wilmot this number also includes immigration-related arrests and apprehensions that Sheriff's deputies would have made and crimes committed against smuggling victims.

“When they were no longer able to take advantage of our border as a smuggler’s paradise, the crimes against those being smuggled virtually stopped,” Wilmot said.

Data from the U.S. Border Patrol also shows that since 2005, total illegal alien apprehensions dropped from 138,438 to 12,847 in 2017. It was as low 5,833 in 2011.

The “wall” the president wants has been a bone of contention between Democrats and Republicans. Wilmot, however, believes it is an important part of fixing the border.

“When it comes to border security you need all of it,” said Wilmot. “You can fence up a house but you need everything else to make it secure.”

“For [Yuma County] we needed it to stop the criminal element.”
Law enforcement leaders like Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmot (pictured) are becoming more vocal when it comes to immigration and letting everyone know what works and what is needed.

In a recent interview with the Epoch Times, Wilmot talked about utilizing fencing to cut border crime in the area by 91 percent and the Obama administration’s impact on the area.

During his interview with FoxNews.com, he was more focused on other deterrents to stopping immigrants from taking the dangerous trek to through his area and other border areas.

“Why is the U.S. attorney's office not prosecuting these parents?” Wilmot said. “These children are being pushed under razor wire, canal water. That’s not being a parent. We found a five or six-year-old the other day with pneumonia because his parents didn’t properly take care of him.”

According to Wilmot, the Border Patrol in his area currently has 160 immigrant children in their custody.

“We don’t have enough time determine if the [adults] they are with have custody,” Wilmot said.

Law enforcement leaders like Wilmot are becoming more vocal when it comes to immigration and letting everyone know what works and what is needed.

Wilmot believes Washington isn’t trying to be part of the solution.

“They need to get their heads out of the sand. They need to get to work,” Wilmot told FoxNews.com. “Law enforcement is working, they’re not even getting paid. They can’t agree on a budget?”
An observation tower rests near the border fence at the Yuma Border Sector on the US/Mexico border in San Luis, Arizona

CALIFORNIA POLICE OFFICER'S KILLING BY ACCUSED ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT 'A SENSELESS TRAGEDY', CHIEF SAYS

Wilmot’s county borders 126 miles with Mexico and while he does believe President Donald Trump is helping by forcing Congress to deal with illegal immigration and its impact, he still feels like there is more to be done by both parties and believes the issue shouldn’t be political.

“Our border patrol partners are overwhelmed,” said Wilmot. “I don’t care who was elected.”

In October the Western States Sheriffs Association released a statement on the immigration crisis saying that it was at a “critical juncture.”

“The vast majority of our citizens are truly frustrated, and disappointed with our national leadership. It is past time that our elected national leaders put aside their partisan positions and focus on what is best for our nation, while maintaining the rights of all people in our country,” the statement read.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walls-work-sa...EDMAliDIjge-yjU
More fear mongering. trump is literally starving us citizens and military families at the cost of a wall. After he made a promise that Mexico would pay for it. Now the 1% got their tax break the middle class isn’t going to get their tax refunds anytime soon. Enjoy.
Border Sheriff: Trump Wall No Match for Drug Demand

https://www.thedailybeast.com/border-sheriff-trump-wall-no-match-for-drug-demand

Arizona sheriff calls Trump's wall a 'medieval solution to a modern problem'

https://www.businessinsider.com/arizona-...solution-2017-4

Sheriff Discusses Border Wall Woes

Terrell County's Sheriff explains why a border wall isn't realistic

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/sheriff-discusses-border-wall-woes/645735803

The biggest problem for Trump's border wall isn't money. It's getting the land.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...m=.98e5e9df8a05

I'm certainly not against a border fence. I mean let's call it what the "new Trump version" really is. I know it changes on what it is and who's going to pay for on a regular basis, but I try to keep up with the evolution of it.

wink

But when people try to pretend that "all law enforcement" support it, or that imminent domain isn't a huge obstacle here, they're being very disingenuous. The imminent domain obstacle in and of itself may take years to settle on its own. And law enforcement is very divided on the issue.

Just trying to keep it real here.
Walls work, says Arizona sheriff who claims crime dropped by 91 percent thanks to border fence

By Victor Garcia | Fox News

Rove: There are places along the border where we need a wall

As Washington, D.C. debates whether or not a wall will stop the flow of illegal immigration from Mexico to the United States, one Arizona county sheriff says it led to a dramatic 91 percent reduction in crime.

“The fence worked here. It may not work in New Mexico, I can only talk about my area. But [politicians should] defer to the Border Patrol experts,” Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmot told Fox News. “They know the situation.”

In 2006, President George W. Bush passed the Secure Fence Act which had a tremendous impact in Yuma County. In 2015, Fox News reported a 96 percent reduction in apprehensions due to a 20-foot tall steel fence and manpower being tripled. Wilmot was a deputy during that time but saw the impact firsthand.

“It was a 91 percent drop,” Wilmot said. “It obviously helped us curb some of the criminal activity that we unfortunately had to deal with.”

The 91 percent reduction in crime Wilmot cites is a Sheriffs office number. According to Wilmot, service calls and arrests dropped dramatically between 2005-2009 leading to the conclusion that added fencing along with more manpower had a major impact on local crime. According to Wilmot this number also includes immigration-related arrests and apprehensions that Sheriff's deputies would have made and crimes committed against smuggling victims.

“When they were no longer able to take advantage of our border as a smuggler’s paradise, the crimes against those being smuggled virtually stopped,” Wilmot said.

Data from the U.S. Border Patrol also shows that since 2005, total illegal alien apprehensions dropped from 138,438 to 12,847 in 2017. It was as low 5,833 in 2011.

The “wall” the president wants has been a bone of contention between Democrats and Republicans. Wilmot, however, believes it is an important part of fixing the border.

“When it comes to border security you need all of it,” said Wilmot. “You can fence up a house but you need everything else to make it secure.”

“For [Yuma County] we needed it to stop the criminal element.”
Law enforcement leaders like Yuma County Sheriff Leon Wilmot (pictured) are becoming more vocal when it comes to immigration and letting everyone know what works and what is needed.

In a recent interview with the Epoch Times, Wilmot talked about utilizing fencing to cut border crime in the area by 91 percent and the Obama administration’s impact on the area.

During his interview with FoxNews.com, he was more focused on other deterrents to stopping immigrants from taking the dangerous trek to through his area and other border areas.

“Why is the U.S. attorney's office not prosecuting these parents?” Wilmot said. “These children are being pushed under razor wire, canal water. That’s not being a parent. We found a five or six-year-old the other day with pneumonia because his parents didn’t properly take care of him.”

According to Wilmot, the Border Patrol in his area currently has 160 immigrant children in their custody.

“We don’t have enough time determine if the [adults] they are with have custody,” Wilmot said.

Law enforcement leaders like Wilmot are becoming more vocal when it comes to immigration and letting everyone know what works and what is needed.

Wilmot believes Washington isn’t trying to be part of the solution.

“They need to get their heads out of the sand. They need to get to work,” Wilmot told FoxNews.com. “Law enforcement is working, they’re not even getting paid. They can’t agree on a budget?”
An observation tower rests near the border fence at the Yuma Border Sector on the US/Mexico border in San Luis, Arizona

CALIFORNIA POLICE OFFICER'S KILLING BY ACCUSED ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT 'A SENSELESS TRAGEDY', CHIEF SAYS

Wilmot’s county borders 126 miles with Mexico and while he does believe President Donald Trump is helping by forcing Congress to deal with illegal immigration and its impact, he still feels like there is more to be done by both parties and believes the issue shouldn’t be political.

“Our border patrol partners are overwhelmed,” said Wilmot. “I don’t care who was elected.”

In October the Western States Sheriffs Association released a statement on the immigration crisis saying that it was at a “critical juncture.”

“The vast majority of our citizens are truly frustrated, and disappointed with our national leadership. It is past time that our elected national leaders put aside their partisan positions and focus on what is best for our nation, while maintaining the rights of all people in our country,” the statement read.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/walls-work-sa...EDMAliDIjge-yjU
thumbsup
Border Sheriff: Trump Wall No Match for Drug Demand

https://www.thedailybeast.com/border-sheriff-trump-wall-no-match-for-drug-demand

Arizona sheriff calls Trump's wall a 'medieval solution to a modern problem'

https://www.businessinsider.com/arizona-...solution-2017-4

Sheriff Discusses Border Wall Woes

Terrell County's Sheriff explains why a border wall isn't realistic

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/sheriff-discusses-border-wall-woes/645735803

The biggest problem for Trump's border wall isn't money. It's getting the land.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...m=.98e5e9df8a05

I'm certainly not against a border fence. I mean let's call it what the "new Trump version" really is. I know it changes on what it is and who's going to pay for on a regular basis, but I try to keep up with the evolution of it.

wink

But when people try to pretend that "all law enforcement" support it, or that imminent domain isn't a huge obstacle here, they're being very disingenuous. The imminent domain obstacle in and of itself may take years to settle on its own. And law enforcement is very divided on the issue.

Just trying to keep it real here.
Americans want border security, and the numbers show it

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/americans-want-border-security-and-the-numbers-show-it

President Trump is far from alone in his determination to secure our borders — according to a recent Gallup poll, Americans view immigration as the second-biggest problem facing the country today.

That’s bad news for the Democrat Party, which is hellbent on opposing the president’s efforts to fix our broken immigration system, especially the border wall he needs in order to get illegal immigration under control.

The Democrats have a very simple, two-part strategy on immigration: first and foremost, they want to keep President Trump from fulfilling his promises to the American people; second, they want to make it even easier for foreigners to enter this country illegally.

With Democrats now in control of the House of Representatives, it’s no surprise that Americans are deeply troubled by the immigration crisis.

Over the past several decades, millions of illegal immigrants have successfully evaded our efforts to enforce immigration laws, putting local economies and welfare programs under tremendous pressure to cope with the massive influx of undocumented workers and their families, most of whom receive at least one form of government welfare.

In fact, illegal immigration costs taxpayers a staggering $134.9 billion a year while contributing only $19 billion in state, federal, and local taxes. At the federal level, medical costs make up the lion’s share of government expenditures on illegal immigrants, while education is the largest single expense that illegal immigration imposes on state and local governments.

Sadly, an overloaded welfare state is not the only negative side-effect of our broken immigration system. Communities across America are also being devastated by the violent crime and drug trafficking that result from our failure to control the border — an issue Donald Trump has addressed repeatedly and emphatically ever since he first announced his candidacy for president.

Rather than letting obstructionist Democrats in Congress prevent him from addressing the immigration problem, the president has exercised his executive power to make progress on the issue wherever possible.

Thanks to the president’s diplomatic approach, for instance, the U.S. and Mexico have virtually achieved synergy on immigration, developing a joint strategy to tackle the root causes of mass migration. In response to urging from the Trump administration, Mexico is also offering incentives to deter migrants from illegally crossing the U.S. border, as well as agreeing to house asylum-seekers on its territory while their claims are processed by U.S. authorities.

President Trump has done everything in his power to strengthen immigration enforcement on our side of the border as well, even sending the military to reinforce our brave border patrol agents when a caravan of thousands of migrants threatened to overwhelm their resources.

By taking a firm stand on border security, the president is doing exactly what the people elected him to do, as Gallup’s polling confirms.

Politicians in Washington simply can’t continue to ignore the significant problems with our immigration system, and the voters know it. The Democrats now have a clear choice — they can either listen to the American people who overwhelmingly oppose illegal immigration and work with President Trump to secure the border, or they can continue to play political games in the midst of a national crisis. May they choose wisely.

Most Americans don't support building the wall

But CBS News polling from mid-November found that a majority -- 59 percent of Americans -- oppose building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. It's a partisan issue, though. A large majority of Republicans support the wall -- 79 percent. A majority of independents -- 66 percent -- oppose the wall, and 84 percent of Democrats are also against it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-americans-dont-support-building-the-wall/
Cheap labor for the GOP. Republicans have ran both the White House and the Senate many times and did nothing to put up a border wall. Reagan even gave amnesty to over two million illegals.

Figure it out yet?
Vambo in here distorting the truth like a good little russian bot.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Vambo in here distorting the truth like a good little russian bot.

Very NAZI of you to say! thumbsup
VamBo(t).red/meat.RU

"I know you are, but what am I?"
"Whatabout.peewee.RU

Butinarunzmycell.RU
VamBo(t).red/meat.RU

"I know you are, but what am I?"
"Whatabout.peewee.RU

Butinarunzmycell.RU
rofl Nazi child like response. rofl

But CBS News polling from mid-November found that a majority -- 59 percent of Americans -- oppose building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. It's a partisan issue, though. A large majority of Republicans support the wall -- 79 percent. A majority of independents -- 66 percent -- oppose the wall, and 84 percent of Democrats are also against it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-americans-dont-support-building-the-wall/

Roughly 80% of all voters say U.S. needs secure borders, including 68% of Democrats: Harvard poll

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times -

January 23, 2018

A wide-reaching new poll conducted by Harvard University reveals that majorities of U.S. voters — including Democrats — appear to agree with many of President Trump’s most basic beliefs about immigration.

The findings reveal, for example, that eight out of 10 of all U.S. voters — 79 percent — say the U.S. needs secure borders; 93 percent of Republicans, 80 percent of independents and 68 percent of Democrats agree with that.

Another 79 percent of voters overall say immigration priorities should be granted on a person’s “ability to contribute to America”; 87 percent of Republicans, 79 percent of independents and 72 percent of Democrats agree.

Meanwhile, 68 percent overall oppose a lottery-based immigration system which is meant to ensure “greater diversity: in the U.S.; 78 percent of Republicans, 65 percent of independents and 62 percent of Democrats agree.

In addition, 61 percent overall say U.S. border security is inadequate; 84 percent of Republicans, 64 percent of independents and 40 percent of Democrats agree.

Another 54 percent overall support building a combination physical and electronic barrier between the U.S. and Mexico; 85 percent of Republicans, 54 percent of independents and 30 percent of Democrats agree.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...quP81aGQ9gxtuHo
How does “secure border” immediately mean “THE WALL”?

trump promised you Mexico would pay! rofl And besides every state in the US has voter ID laws already in place. And we already have 100’s of miles of walls and fencing along the US/Mexican border. Get your demigod to put up or shut up.
Originally Posted By: IRE 45

That is something that doesn't get talked out enough imo . Who will replace this low paying labor that keeps the engines of this country running?

Putin’s slaves, US citizens.

Roughly 80% of all voters say U.S. needs secure borders, including 68% of Democrats: Harvard poll

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times -

January 23, 2018

A wide-reaching new poll conducted by Harvard University reveals that majorities of U.S. voters — including Democrats — appear to agree with many of President Trump’s most basic beliefs about immigration.

The findings reveal, for example, that eight out of 10 of all U.S. voters — 79 percent — say the U.S. needs secure borders; 93 percent of Republicans, 80 percent of independents and 68 percent of Democrats agree with that.

Another 79 percent of voters overall say immigration priorities should be granted on a person’s “ability to contribute to America”; 87 percent of Republicans, 79 percent of independents and 72 percent of Democrats agree.

Meanwhile, 68 percent overall oppose a lottery-based immigration system which is meant to ensure “greater diversity: in the U.S.; 78 percent of Republicans, 65 percent of independents and 62 percent of Democrats agree.

In addition, 61 percent overall say U.S. border security is inadequate; 84 percent of Republicans, 64 percent of independents and 40 percent of Democrats agree.

Another 54 percent overall support building a combination physical and electronic barrier between the U.S. and Mexico; 85 percent of Republicans, 54 percent of independents and 30 percent of Democrats agree.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...quP81aGQ9gxtuHo

Thank you. Although I am a little surprised that the number of Dems saying we need secure borders is so low. That may simply be a reflection of how the questions were framed - polls can skew the "answer" wildly with the way they frame questions.

See the lie and the falicy and the false agenda promoted by Trump and the loony stooges that believe his every word - is that the Dems want open borders and no border security. The poll you just posted verifies that to be a political lie promoted by the Drumpf ....

What you might be struggling with is that the Border Wall costs a ton of money and will not increase border security. There are lots of studies that show this. Not only that but "The Wall" is only for a FRACTION of the border. So even assuming that by some miracle it had an impact .... guess where the Mexicans are going to cross?

Here's a good article by Libertarian Cato Institute.
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/why-wall-wont-work
Yeah. Secure borders doesn't mean a wall. But thanks for showing that the vast majority of Democrats don't want "open borders" like the White House claims.
© DawgTalkers.net