DawgTalkers.net
It's sad when teachers allow their biases to influence who they teach and won't teach. This woman was no "teacher."

Quote:
School board votes to fire high school teacher who reported undocumented immigrant students to President Trump

Yahoo Lifestyle Elise Solé,Yahoo Lifestyle 6 hours ago

06/05/2019 UPDATE: The Fort Worth Independent School District in Texas has voted 8-0 to fire teacher Georgia Clark for reporting undocumented students to President Trump via Twitter.

The district tweeted the results of the unanimous vote on Tuesday.

The former Carter-Riverside employee can reportedly try to appeal the decision with the state.

——————————————————————————————————

Georgia Clark, a Texas high school teacher, reported her undocumented students to President Donald Trump, telling him to, “Drain the swamp.”

Viral Twitter screenshots from a person named Clark using the deleted handle @Rebecca1939 pleaded with the president to deal with the population of undocumented students at Carter-Riverside High School in Fort Worth.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, which reportedly validated the tweets, an English and language arts teacher named Georgia Clark works at the school.

Last week, one tweet said, “Mr. President, I asked for assistance in reporting illegal immigrants in the FWISD public school system and what I received was an alarming tweet from someone identifying himself as one of your assistants followed by a second tweet from the same person.”

“Mr. President, Forth Worth Independent School District is loaded with illegal immigrants from Mexico,” states Clark’s May 17th tweet. “Carter-Riverside High School has been taken over by them. Drug dealers are on our campus and nothing was done to them when the drug dogs found the evidence.”

Another one from Clark: “I do not know what to do. Anything you can do to remove the illegals from Fort Worth would be greatly appreciated.”

Clark allegedly tweeted in March, “My prayers were answered. Drain that swamp and the sooner the better.”

Clint Bond, a communications executive at the district, tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “We have placed the teacher on administrative leave (with pay) and the district continues to review its options in this matter.” Bond did not confirm whether Clark herself had written the tweets.

The teacher included two phone numbers in her tweet to the president, none of which were working when Yahoo Lifestyle called for comment. A third listed number for Clark had been changed.

A former teacher in the district, who did not want to be identified tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “I’m shocked. I worked at a high school in Fort Worth with a very high percentage of undocumented students. These kids worked very hard to create a better life here for themselves, many of mine obtaining scholarships at university for engineering, business, and medical degrees. I am disheartened to hear an educator would use their position as a political platform to promote hate and discrimination especially in a manor we as educators are trying to curb, social media. It can be such a divisive and harmful means of spreading hateful discrimination. It makes me extremely uncomfortable. I love my students, not because of who they are or where they were born, but because of who they have become.”

A spokesperson for the Fort Worth Independent School District shared a voicemail and an email message from superintendent Kent P. Scribner, with Yahoo Lifestyle. “In the past 24 hours, there has been much talk in the news and on the Internet about the use of social media by our staff,” said Scribner. “Our mission is to prepare ALL students for success in college, career and community leadership. Let me reiterate our commitment that every child in the District is welcome and is to be treated with dignity and respect. As we conclude the school year this Friday, please know we take this promise very seriously and your child’s safety and well-being are always our number-one priority. Thank you.”
thats how maga hatters refer to kids now, as "draining the swamp"?

and yet you continue to expect me to tolerate these losers?
I never asked you to tolerate them, Swish. I only asked you to not lower yourself to the same standards as they employ. We're better than they are because we are more humane.
Shameful.
You are correct sir. Sad.

But I would support a teacher who learned about and refused to teach the children of a irresponsible gun owner and turned them into the authorities.
There's almost 100,000 K-12 teachers in the U.S.

With that number of humans, inappropriate behavior is inevitable.

People sometimes go crazy.

This lady either went crazy or... well yeah... crazy (temporarily insane willynilly )

She's gone.

With 100,000 people this happens.

To make more out of it than that is wrong.

I hope Ft. Worth has a fine school system otherwise.

Actually there are over 3.5 million teachers in the United States between grades K-12. But your point still stands.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Actually there are over 3.5 million teachers in the United States between grades K-12. But your point still stands.

I thought 100,000 seemed low. Thanks for the correction.
I'm sorry some of you think that law abiding citizens are bad people. You prefer to have people who break the laws of the land as your neighbors. Good for you.

Of course nobody cares that illegals are selling drugs in the school and that the police won't arrest them because they are illegal. Just don't ask my kids to be in schools that welcome drug dealers like this district does.

But by all means reward criminals for breaking the law instead of getting rid of them and punishing them for it. Hell might as well just get rid of the laws since you don't want them enforced anyways.

Just sad.
No one should be surprised that Razor is calling kids bad people. Him and trump are made for each other.
We need more every day Americans like this teacher upholding the rule of law. Every person who is here illegally is breaking federal law and should be deported immediately, sick of it.
I think some people confuse law and ethics. Laws are a set of rules and regulations that are set by those in authority. There are consequences and penalties for those that break the laws. Some laws are designed to protect people and others are designed to protect those who own the authority and suppress those beneath them.

On the other hand, ethics are a guide for people and society about what is good or bad, and right or wrong. It molds one's behavior and how we treat others. Ethics helps us to live a good and honorable life, by following sound moral decisions.

I am not a law-breaking man, but I'm more than that. I place ethics that are driven by sound moral character far above the rules and regulations set by those in power.
Hateful bigot school teacher thinks undocumented children at her school are the swamp, pleads to drain them... 2020's new GOP's "Joe the Plumber".
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think some people confuse law and ethics. Laws are a set of rules and regulations that are set by those in authority. There are consequences and penalties for those that break the laws. Some laws are designed to protect people and others are designed to protect those who own the authority and suppress those beneath them.

On the other hand, ethics are a guide for people and society about what is good or bad, and right or wrong. It molds one's behavior and how we treat others. Ethics helps us to live a good and honorable life, by following sound moral decisions.

I am not a law-breaking man, but I'm more than that. I place ethics that are driven by sound moral character far above the rules and regulations set by those in power.

Well said.
Thank you, sir.

Ethics are important. I don't care if you outnumbered 99 to 1, maintaining a high sense of ethics/morality is very important. To hell w/what the backlash might cost you.

I want to add this......As many of you know, I was a teacher for a long time. And I have to say I was a damn good teacher. I still am contacted by former students and players that are decades removed from when they were my students/players.

So, I can say this w/confidence:

Teachers don't choose their students. They serve their students.

We take what we are given and work to the best of our ability to make our students better citizens and help them become successful in a multitude of ways.

Doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, techs, etc are the same. You don't choose your patients. You don't refuse to try and aide the criminals or anyone else. You do your job. That job is to make the person better.

We don't play "God" and decide who deserves what. We work our freaking asses off to serve the people under our care.

That's ethics.

That's the right thing to do.

And a ton of us will never give up that fight no matter what those in power decide!
Good teachers will report criminal activities when they are witnessed. Putting their head in the sand because they feel they are doing the right thing puts their other students in danger.
I didn't know those teachers witnessed those children crossing the border.

If they know they are here illegally. They must report the criminal activity. That protects other students.
What evidence do they have that they are here illegally? It sounds like you're saying point the finger at anyone you feel is suspect of anything.
What evidence do they have that they are here illegally? It sounds like you're saying point the finger at anyone you feel is suspect of anything.

The teacher must have known to report. If they do not know then there is nothing to report. But once they know for sure they are obligated to report criminal activity.
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

The teacher must have known to report. If they do not know then there is nothing to report. But once they know for sure they are obligated to report criminal activity.

You mean like Congress is doing with Trump? wink
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
We need more every day Americans like this teacher upholding the rule of law. Every person who is here illegally is breaking federal law and should be deported immediately, sick of it.

You forget that teachers tend to be Liberals and Liberals tend to think the law is what they decide it is, not what it actually is.

Witness Sanctuary Cities.
Pot use.
Hiding illegals from law enforcement.
Open Borders.
How did they "know"? Yo keep spewing crap but have nothing to back it up. I think the word you're looking for is suspect, not know.
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

You forget that teachers tend to be Liberals and Liberals tend to think the law is what they decide it is, not what it actually is.

Pot use.
Open Borders.

It appears a very high percentage of the 6400 responders to the article agree with the teacher:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-sch...-000931219.html
I love how the same people that are for the inhumane abortion rules like late term and fully develop babies and afterbirth living innocent human beings and the rallying cry from the lefties here are "The taxpayers are gonna foot the bill for the unwanted children" but want American taxpayers to foot the bill for ILLEGALS but they think that they are the ETHICAL ones that insult law abiding Americans and should be punished....WTF
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Pot use.
Open Borders.

It appears a very high percentage of the 6400 responders to the article agree with the teacher:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-sch...-000931219.html

We used to be a Nation of Laws.
Now we are a Nation of Feelings.

Not a good way to run a Country unless you are looking to run it into the ground.
That is another reason why we now have the Trump! thumbsup

It is a slippery slope to walk on when you allow the public to determine whether they should follow their own ethics or the laws.

We have had some crappy laws in this country (and still do) and I'm not saying I blame people for taking a stand against them... just stating that as a policy, allowing people to figure for themselves when they will follow the law and when they won't is a dangerous place to be.

On a different note, I find it hysterical that this woman thought that tagging Trump directly in a tweet was the best way to get some action on this.

If they know they are here illegally. They must report the criminal activity. That protects other students.

Why are you making things up?

If you are able, read this:

Quote:
In 1982, the U.S. Supreme Court found in Plyer vs. Doe that because undocumented children are illegally in the United States through no fault of their own, they are entitled to the same K–12 educational opportunities that states provide to children who are citizens or legal residents. For this reason, U.S. public schools may not deny or discourage enrollment to any school-age children, regardless of their immigration status. In addition, such students are eligible for free and reduced-price meals, special education services, and school-sponsored events and activities. Federal law does not require school districts or their employees to report undocumented students to immigration authorities. Doing so would constitute a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act if information in a student’s education records is disclosed without consent.

https://www.nassp.org/policy-advocacy-center/nassp-position-statements/undocumented-students/

LOL...........I bet we won't hear a lot of talk about being a Nation of Laws after reading that last post.
Yo 40. Yo Riley. Yo Day. Where are you guys. Are you okay w/this teacher breaking the Laws of the Land? Are y'all supporting lawlessness, now?
I'm here.

I didn't know that was the law. We therefore must obey it.

Once again Vers, yours is the Superior. thumbsup
Not superior. Just fair.
and Balanced.
I'm here.

I agree if that is the law then it must be followed. I always thought teachers must report crimes if they knew about them. But, your post contradicts what I was thought I knew.
Originally Posted By: Riley01
I love how the same people that are for the inhumane abortion rules
are good with giving rapists parental rights to their victims unborn fetus, and lighter punishments than their victims who abort the violation that has been forcefully deposited in their bodies.
Quote:
make our students better citizens
I agree, but they weren't citizens. . . .
I agree with the rape acception and also if its any medical problem that would endanger the live of the mother to be honest and fair with you.
I never new of the law from 1982 and I accept it ...Thanks for the research and Info.
no, cold, the school teacher thinks that the money hard working Americans give to educate their children should not be siphoned away to educate kids who do not belong here, who are here illegally. it is not unethical to believe we are a nation, with borders, and that we have the right and responsibility to decide who comes here. coming to America is not a right for non citizens. We choose who gets the awesome privilege of coming to America!
I guess you missed the part where that's against the law. Or don't care. I'm not sure which.
as best I can tell she was teaching the kids so she was following the law. Neither you nor I know how she became aware they were illegals so you have no proof she broke any law. As long as people who come here illegally are rewarded with free education, free health care etc. they will continue to break our laws and cross the border illegally. You may be ok with 100,000 illegals monthly but I am not.
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
as best I can tell she was teaching the kids so she was following the law. Neither you nor I know how she became aware they were illegals so you have no proof she broke any law.

Quote:
In 1982, the U.S. Supreme Court found in Plyer vs. Doe that because undocumented children are illegally in the United States through no fault of their own, they are entitled to the same K–12 educational opportunities that states provide to children who are citizens or legal residents. For this reason, U.S. public schools may not deny or discourage enrollment to any school-age children, regardless of their immigration status. In addition, such students are eligible for free and reduced-price meals, special education services, and school-sponsored events and activities. Federal law does not require school districts or their employees to report undocumented students to immigration authorities. Doing so would constitute a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act if information in a student’s education records is disclosed without consent.

https://www.nassp.org/policy-advocacy-center/nassp-position-statements/undocumented-students/

The law was posted earlier in the thread if you had bothered to follow the discussion.
no, cold, the school teacher thinks that the money hard working Americans give to educate their children should not be siphoned away to educate kids who do not belong here, who are here illegally. it is not unethical to believe we are a nation, with borders, and that we have the right and responsibility to decide who comes here. coming to America is not a right for non citizens. We choose who gets the awesome privilege of coming to America!

rolleyes Look another one!
My response was pretty simple. Sorry you did not understand it. Could you point out what part of said law you have proof this woman violated. People who think anyone in the world has a right to come here illegally have no respect for this great country. I wish every citizen felt the same obligation to report illegals as this woman does.
another what?? Oh, an American citizen who thinks we have a right to control who comes into this country. Do you like to control who comes into your home?? Of course you do. Well this is our home and we should have control over who comes in.
Quote:
Federal law does not require school districts or their employees to report undocumented students to immigration authorities. Doing so would constitute a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act if information in a student’s education records is disclosed without consent.

To have any proof of a student being here illegally there would have to be some sort of documentation to prove that. A "he said, she said" type of accusation is not "proof".

We don't disagree on the problem we face with illegal immigration. Actually we totally agree. What we seem to disagree on is using innocent children as a vehicle with which to accomplish this. We seem to disagree that denying any child of an education is some reasonable conclusion to use as method of addressing the problem.

Let me give you another example. Only a couple of months ago Trump signed a trade agreement with both Canada and Mexico. To date, in 2018 Mexico actually deported more illegal immigrants back to Central America that the United states did. If Trump had wished to include immigration policy into a trade deal, he should have done it when the trade agreement was made with Mexico only a couple of short months ago.

Instead he chose to threaten to break his trade agreement with Mexico in an effort to blackmail them into doing his bidding.

Now whether you approve of our country going around and making deals with foreign nations only to break those same deals very shortly after we make them is up to you. But everyone should be able to understand that if such things continue, no nation in the world will trust the United states or any agreement, treaty or contract they enter into with our country. Nor should they.

So I'm all for controlling our immigration problem. But not at the price of punishing children or breaking agreements we have with other nations to get our way.
Pit, I understand this is a narrative about the law and not the actual law... but...

Quote:
For this reason, U.S. public schools may not deny or discourage enrollment to any school-age children, regardless of their immigration status.

I guess the threat of being deported would be considered discouraging enrollment... but as far as I know, she isn't denying them an education while they show up for her class.

Quote:
Federal law does not require school districts or their employees to report undocumented students to immigration authorities.

I'm a little hung up on the word "require"... so the law doesn't REQUIRE you to report them, but in reading through this, it's a bit ambiguous as to whether or not it FORBIDS it...

Quote:
Doing so would constitute a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act if information in a student’s education records is disclosed without consent.

I'm unsure if this sentence means the teacher isn't allowed to know what is in those records or if they are not allowed to share that information with somebody else... then it comes back to, was she sure they were illegal and if so, how did she come to know that.
I think there’s a very good chance that Georgia Clark is mentally ill.

If that’s the case, of course you gotta get her out of there. She shouldn’t be teaching.

She needs professional help.

But if that is the case, and it very possibly is, democrats shouldn’t be holding her up as a racist full of hate.

She's sick.

That’s actually very hateful.
another what?? Oh, an American citizen who thinks we have a right to control who comes into this country. Do you like to control who comes into your home?? Of course you do. Well this is our home and we should have control over who comes in.

See, another one and 40 agrees.
My contention is that without anything that shows proof that a child is here illegally it's hearsay and isn't actually evidence at all. Having suspicion isn't the same thing as having evidence. At what point do you hold a teacher accountable for spreading innuendo and gossip around in an attempt to undermine the education of a child/children?
Quote:
Quote:
Doing so would constitute a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act if information in a student’s education records is disclosed without consent.

I'm unsure if this sentence means the teacher isn't allowed to know what is in those records or if they are not allowed to share that information with somebody else... then it comes back to, was she sure they were illegal and if so, how did she come to know that.

Teachers have access to the records of their students are required by law not to share the information in those records w/anyone else.
My contention is that without anything that shows proof that a child is here illegally it's hearsay and isn't actually evidence at all. Having suspicion isn't the same thing as having evidence. At what point do you hold a teacher accountable for spreading innuendo and gossip around in an attempt to undermine the education of a child/children?

Do we have any definitive information on how the teacher claims to know that the child was illegal?
Quote:
Quote:

Teachers have access to the records of their students are required by law not to share the information in those records w/anyone else.

That's what I assumed... so we are back to, how did she know (or did she know for sure)...
A couple of thoughts, pit, but first if I misread your beliefs on controlling our borders I apologize for that. But I think you are assuming a lot when you say the teacher accessed student files to “prove” a student is illegal. In fact it would not surprise me if the student file contains no reference to the students immigration status. In fact I would be very surprised if a student or family could be asked about it to put a notation in the file.

As for the trade agreement, there is an emergency situation at the border and it required serious action. Getting Mexico to control their southern border is a huge plus and if that action bring a dramatic reduction in families/unaccompanied minors to the border it will have been worth it.

Ultimately, we have to reform our insane asylum laws. It would help if we could put a temporary pause on all immigration while we get our house in order but I do not see that happening.
Are you capable of engaging in a reasonable conversation or do you just spout ignorant things??
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Quote:

That's what I assumed... so we are back to, how did she know (or did she know for sure)...

DC, you are one of the few guys I respect on this forum. So, I think you should back-up and re-read the tweets this women wrote. They appear in the first post. I'm not saying any of that in a mean way. I just think you are a reasonable man.

Then, I think it might be wise to use some common sense. Ask yourself how she found out?

A. She viewed their records.

B. She assumed they were illegal because they spoke Spanish and looked like Mexicans.

C. The illegal aliens confided in her that they were here illegally.

D. Another teacher informed that the students were illegals.

Are any of the answer choices acceptable for her to report them to the office of the President and say things like "Drain the Swamp?"
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Quote:

DC, you are one of the few guys I respect on this forum. So, I think you should back-up and re-read the tweets this women wrote. They appear in the first post. I'm not saying any of that in a mean way. I just think you are a reasonable man.

Then, I think it might be wise to use some common sense. Ask yourself how she found out?

A. She viewed their records.

B. She assumed they were illegal because they spoke Spanish and looked like Mexicans.

C. The illegal aliens confided in her that they were here illegally.

D. Another teacher informed that the students were illegals.

Are any of the answer choices acceptable for her to report them to the office of the President and say things like "Drain the Swamp?"
Didn't she say they were selling drugs tho? If they were slangin dope, bye bye.
What proof is there that they were selling dope?

Here is what another teacher had to say about that student population:

Quote:
A former teacher in the district, who did not want to be identified tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “I’m shocked. I worked at a high school in Fort Worth with a very high percentage of undocumented students. These kids worked very hard to create a better life here for themselves, many of mine obtaining scholarships at university for engineering, business, and medical degrees. I am disheartened to hear an educator would use their position as a political platform to promote hate and discrimination especially in a manor we as educators are trying to curb, social media. It can be such a divisive and harmful means of spreading hateful discrimination. It makes me extremely uncomfortable. I love my students, not because of who they are or where they were born, but because of who they have become.”

And that teacher did not break the law. The initial teacher did break the law. Who is more believable? Not really asking you because you won't answer honestly, but putting it out there for those who are fair-minded.
I think people sometimes forget that I was a teacher and that I know the laws.

Here is an interesting article on the subject.

Quote:

Can educators call ICE on students? Betsy DeVos finally answers.

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said Tuesday she does not think teachers and principals can call immigration authorities on students, a reversal from comments she made two weeks ago. (Carolyn Kaster/AP)
By Moriah Balingit
June 5, 2018

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Tuesday walked back controversial remarks she made to Congress two weeks ago, clarifying in a Senate hearing that she does not think teachers and principals can report students to immigration authorities.

DeVos told the House Committee on Education and the Workforce in late May that schools and local communities can decide whether to alert Immigration and Customs Enforcement about students who might be undocumented.

Her remarks were condemned by civil rights groups, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and more than 100 congressional Democrats, who said educators who call the immigration agency on students would be violating the law. They cautioned that her assertion could confuse educators and ratchet up fear in immigrant communities.

The Supreme Court ruled in 1982 in Plyler v. Doe that the right to a free public education extends to all young people, regardless of immigration status. Federal courts later ruled that compelling teachers to report students to immigration authorities violated the ruling, as did forcing students to disclose their immigration status because it could make students fearful of attending school.
ADVERTISING

[‘Astounding ignorance of the law’: Civil rights groups slam DeVos for saying schools can report undocumented students]

DeVos issued a statement last week that attempted to clarify her remarks, saying “schools are not, and should never become, immigration enforcement zones.” But she was silent on the question of whether teachers and principals were permitted to call immigration authorities.

On Tuesday, DeVos reversed course after a lengthy exchange with Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) during a hearing of a Senate Appropriations subcommittee. Murphy pressed DeVos to clarify her remarks five times before she definitively answered that she did not think that federal law allowed principals or teachers to call ICE on students.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) questions Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Tuesday on her immigration comments. (Carolyn Kaster/AP)

Here’s their exchange:

Murphy: So let me ask a question again, is it okay — you’re the secretary of education, there are a lot of schools that want guidance and want to understand what the law is — is it okay for a teacher or principal to call ICE to report an undocumented student?

DeVos: I think a school is a place for students to be able to learn, and they should be protected there.

Murphy: Is that a — you seem to be very purposefully not giving a yes or no answer, and I think there’s a lot of educators that want to know whether this is permissible.

DeVos: I think educators know in their hearts they need to ensure that students have a safe place to learn.

Murphy: It’s not — why are you so — why are you not answering the question?

DeVos: I think I am answering the question.

Murphy: Well, the question is yes or no. Can a principal call ICE on a student? Is that allowed under federal law?

DeVos: In a school setting, a student has the right to be there and the right to learn. And so everything surrounding that should protect that and enhance that student’s opportunity and that student’s environment.

Murphy: So they can’t call ICE?

DeVos: I don’t think they can.

[‘Your child is safe’: Schools address deportation fears among immigrant families]

Officially, the immigration agency has a policy of avoiding enforcement actions around schools, churches, hospitals and other “sensitive areas.” But civil rights advocates have panned immigration authorities for arresting parents near schools, saying it drives undocumented students and children of undocumented parents away from the classroom.

The Pew Research Center estimates 3.9 million schoolchildren had an unauthorized immigrant parent in 2014 — or 7.3 percent of all schoolchildren. About 725,000 of those children were unauthorized immigrants.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/educ...m=.cbe54ebc0a24

I suggest you read it carefully because DeVos got herself in some trouble by apparently not being cognizant of the law.
We've talked about law and ethics in this thread. We might have different opinions on ethics. Some of us think that teachers don't choose their students and teach them all. Other people might believe that it's wrong to teach anyone who is here illegally or isn't like them, much like how many white teachers did not want to teach blacks after the Civil Rights Acts in the 1960s.

In case some are confused about the law, I will offer one more item as evidence. I won't post the entire thing because it is 4 pages in length, but it is from The Department of Justice and was sent to all schools across the country. I think it might clear up any confusion as to what the law is.

Here is the link: http://images.politico.com/global/2014/05/08/plyler_dcl_-_05-05-14.html
What proof is there that they were selling dope?

Here is what another teacher had to say about that student population:

Quote:

And that teacher did not break the law. The initial teacher did break the law. Who is more believable? Not really asking you because you won't answer honestly, but putting it out there for those who are fair-minded.

I don't know what proof there was, I wasn't there. The teacher alleged they were - so it seems there is more to the story and maybe they should investigate those claims if there are any merit to it. But they wont.

If they were selling dope, bye bye.

If not, it is what it is and shes fired.
Did you read this?

http://images.politico.com/global/2014/05/08/plyler_dcl_-_05-05-14.html

There is no debate here. She was wrong.
I am not debating that, at all.

Yet if the kids were selling dope, the teacher is to report that no?

Re read what I wrote slowly, you will see that I agreed if they were not selling dope, she should have been fired.....go ahead I will wait....
Teachers have the phone number to Trump's red phone?
Please don't hijack this thread. There is no proof that they were selling dope. Law enforcement is responsible for crimes like selling "dope."
I didn't say there was. Once again, go back, read very, very slowly.

I said the teacher "alleged" they were selling dope.

As a teacher, IF you noticed kids selling dope, were you required to report that? Simple question.
Dope sellers should be arrested. That is the Law.
I should have known better than to respond to you again. Hopefully, your work day is almost over and you won't have time to post again today. LOL
I should have known better than to respond to you again. Hopefully, your work day is almost over and you won't have time to post again today. LOL

Once again, I am asking for your professional opinion on the matter - as a former teacher.

If you found a student selling dope, would you be required to report that? Its a simple yes or no question. I don't know why you keep deflecting and refusing to answer.

I am sure you wont answer, so I will assume its a yes.
Of course I would. Are you really that slow or is it just a ruse?

I would not call the president for such a crime. I would alert my building administrator and have him or her call the police. Selling drugs is against the law and the police can handle it. You don't contact the President of the USA for that!!!

It is also against the law for what she did. I provided ample proof to support that.

And look man.......you little charade is evident. You are trying to deflect from that fact by changing the narrative. Is it 5:00 yet?
I call Trump for everything because he is the law.
I call Trump for everything because he is the law.

Fascist drone much? Trump = Fuhrer? Emperor Trump? smh
Of course I would. Are you really that slow or is it just a ruse?

I would not call the president for such a crime. I would alert my building administrator and have him or her call the police. Selling drugs is against the law and the police can handle it. You don't contact the President of the USA for that!!!

It is also against the law for what she did. I provided ample proof to support that.

And look man.......you little charade is evident. You are trying to deflect from that fact by changing the narrative. Is it 5:00 yet?
ahhhhh ok, so the guy who pees and moans all day about people attacking him is calling me "slow" now. I find it out that a former "educator" would use a term like that towards someone else. Do you hate handicapped people? Do have something against mentally challenged people? It seems so with a disgusting and vile comment like that.

Care to continue to attack others and call names?
rofl
Pit, I just have two questions. several people have listed laws applying to what teachers and administrators can do with information they obtain from a student’s file. I have yet to see proof of any part of those laws being violated by this teacher.

Second question for someone who knows. When a new student comes to a school are they or their parents asked about immigration status? is a notation made in the student file about their admitted or suspected immigration status? My guess is the answer is no but I would like to hear from someone who knows.

One final question. In any of the calls/tweets of the teacher identify the alleged illegals or was it just a generalized “we have a lot of illegal immigrant students in our schools.
Pit, I just have two questions. several people have listed laws applying to what teachers and administrators can do with information they obtain from a student’s file. I have yet to see proof of any part of those laws being violated by this teacher.

Vers even further posted more details about the law but I'll still do my nest to entertain you here.

Quote:
Additionally, the United States Supreme Court held in the case of Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982), that a State may not deny access to a basic public education to any child residing in the State, whether present in the United States legally or otherwise. Denying “innocent children” access to a public education, the Court explained, “imposes a lifetime hardship on a discrete class of children not accountable for their disabling status. . . . By denying these children a basic education, we deny them the ability to live within the structure of our civic institutions, and foreclose any realistic possibility that they will contribute in even the smallest way to the progress of our Nation.” Plyler, 457 U.S. at 223. As Plyler makes clear, the undocumented or non-citizen status of a student (or his or her parent or guardian) is irrelevant to that student’s entitlement to an elementary and secondary public education.

To comply with these Federal civil rights laws, as well as the mandates of the Supreme Court, you must ensure that you do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin, and that students are not barred from enrolling in public schools at the elementary and secondary level on the basis of their own citizenship or immigration status or that of their parents or guardians. Moreover, districts may not request information with the purpose or result of denying access to public schools on the basis of race, color, or national origin. To assist you in meeting these obligations, we provide below some examples of permissible enrollment practices, as well as examples of the types of information that may not be used as a basis for denying a student entrance to school. In order to ensure that its educational services are enjoyed only by residents of the district, a district may require students or their parents to provide proof of residency within the district. See, e.g., Martinez v. Bynum, 461 U.S. 321, 328 (1983).1 For example, a district may require copies of phone and water bills or lease agreements to establish residency. While a district may restrict attendance to district residents, inquiring into students’ citizenship or immigration status, or that of their parents or guardians would not be relevant to establishing residency within the district. A district should review the list of documents that can be used to establish residency and ensure that any required documents would not unlawfully bar or discourage a student who is undocumented or whose parents are undocumented from enrolling in or attending school. As with residency requirements, rules vary among States and districts as to what documents students may use to show they fall within State- or district-mandated minimum and maximum age requirements, and jurisdictions typically accept a variety of documents for this purpose. A school district may not bar a student from enrolling in its schools because he or she lacks a birth certificate or has records that indicate a foreign place of birth, such as a foreign birth certificate.

http://images.politico.com/global/2014/05/08/plyler_dcl_-_05-05-14.html

The teacher was making an attempt to have these families and students to be removed from the districts school system.

Not only that, but rather than inform ICE or a government agency that is in charge of immigration laws, she chose to make a post on Trump's Twitter page about it.

I'm not sure how much clearer that can be.
So if I read that correctly no notation can be made in a student file about immigration status. yet some keep insisting she violated the law by revealing information from her file about her immigration status. Seems contradictory to me.

It appears this woman did not “rat out” one of her students. She did not tweet that “Jose canusee is a student in my 4 th grade class and he is here illegally”. she said we have illegals in our system. that is the responsibility of every citizen.

You have shown me that law a couple of times. Show me specifically what she did that was illegal. Did she refuse to teach? Did she discriminate against a specific student? What illegal action did she undertake?

I do not want illegal immigrant children to be denied an education. I want them and their parents to return to their homeland and apply for legal status in our country.

I do not want illegal immigrant children to be denied an education. I want them and their parents to return to their homeland and apply for legal status in our country.

Amazing. You want them to do it legally? The anti Trumpers would never go for that. It's wrong. Yet they taut Obama as splendid because he deported so many people.

It makes no freaking sense how 1 president can be lauded for deporting, yet the next one gets lambasted for doing the same damn thing. Oh, wait......Trump beat hillary. And pictures of the cruelty to supposed immigrant children are blamed on Trump.......when those DAMN pictures were taken under Obama. The two facedness makes me nauseous.

One president is lauded for deporting and separating families, the next is deemed to be deplorable. I see the damn problem here. Sore ass losers.
After all this conversation I just read something so ignorant it needs to be called out. Anyone who compares teachers refusing to teach black students , American citizens all, to contacting the federal government about people who are illegally in our country, non American citizens all, has a major problem making distinctions. Maybe think about it for a while and even you can see the difference.
I don’t think taxpayer dollars should be used in our school system to teach people who are here illegally.
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
I don’t think taxpayer dollars should be used in our school system to teach people who are here illegally.

When I was younger, I never understand when people would say that they moved to a community/town “because of the good school system”.

I understood it better when I had kids and started paying ~ $5,000/year local property tax on house.

And what is up with the Left calling illegals, undocumented?

They call them undocumented immigrants as compared to documented immigrants.

It's insulting!

Lumping them together is like saying an illegal drug dealer is an undocumented Pharmacist.

Always with the word games.
For years my undocumented pharmacist was Charlie.
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Your pharmacist was a Viet Cong?
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

Your pharmacist was a Viet Cong?

No.

My undocumented pharmacist was named Charlie.
I am far from ignorant. In fact, I think the connection is easily seen. However, I won't reciprocate w/an insult towards you.

Clem said something the other day that resonated w/me. He said something like "you will not get any more of my time."

I was going to leave the board after the latest onset of insults in the Duke thread and the fact that no one tried to stop the bullies, but that would be giving the bullies what they want. I will try and follow Clem's advice, so will and Keith, you are not worthy of my time.

Peace be w/you.
Clem said the to me. He apparently despises me, and that's his right.
Btw arch............I never once brought Trump into this discussion other than to say the teacher tried contacting him. I am not trying to make a political statement about Trump or Obama.

I was simply saying that the teacher broke a code of ethical conduct that most of us teachers have. We don't choose our students. We serve them. I also brought in that she broke the law.

That's it.

I am not ignorant like Keith said. I don't hate handicapped people as will said. And my message had nothing to do w/Democrats and Republicans.
You can do whatever the heck you want, but at least walk away with the the ability to distinguish between a person being ignorant and an idea being ignorant. Then see which one I called ignorant. Distinctions, drawing distinctions.
There is this thing called critical thinking skills and higher level thinking. One must draw conclusions after being informed of one event and combining it w/other information in the text, video, life situation, etc and then drawing from other sources that are not the exactly the same but have similar characteristics.

The ability to reach higher level thinking or critical thinking skills usually manifests itself around the age of 12. However, some folks never develop that most important ability and the number is much larger than one would think. It is not publicized much because too many fall under it's umbrella.

I have the ability to use critical thinking skills and am very versed in how to draw conclusions from multiple sources of information. I won't insult one who is unable to do so, but I'm not going to accept your claim that I made an ignorant statement. In fact, the statement that I made is indeed a relevant and important point because it identifies that connection between two different scenarios where "hate" and "bias" are the igniters in both situations.
Oh well, all that smoke and you are still wrong.
You are confusing ideologies w/intelligence and ignorance. Let's be very clear. I didn't say a word to you. Instead, you were the one who said I made an "ignorant" statement. You dedicated an entire post to it.

When I pointed out how I arrived at my conclusion, your witty comeback consisted of "you are still wrong."

With all of that said, I still won't stoop as low as you and call your statements "ignorant."
rofl

Never gets old watching Vers try to remain neutral in here, only to get dragged into yet another garbage heap by a Trumpian!

Vers at least it started out as a decent thread.
Well, I am neutral. I try to judge each individual as such. I wasn't dissing Trump in this thread.

I was dissing hate, bias, and prejudice.......as well as those who don't live up to their job descriptions. I've met too many teachers who are prejudiced. They don't belong in the profession.

We are here to serve our children rather than to decide who deserves to be educated or not.
I can see that is where you are coming from. I agree with you and respect it.
I agree with the rape acception and also if its any medical problem that would endanger the live of the mother to be honest and fair with you.

So? The crap show you voted for doesn’t.
I thought I would get a reply like....See we can agree on somethings but, Noooo you had to insult me {In your TDS mind) but I guess you just cant help yourself I guess. SMFH
Hey Vers, just a question.

Is it not the duty of every good law abiding American citizen to report suspected illegal activity to the authorities?

How exactly is this teacher in the wrong? Is the President of the US not the chief enforcer of the law across the entire nation according to article two of the US Constitution?

I don’t think this teacher done anything wrong. Sure she could have reported this to the local police instead of to the President on Twitter, but at the end of the day she was correct to report this suspected illegal behavior to the Office of the President who is actually in charge of all matters related to border security.

This lady done nothing wrong. She broke no ethics, she was merely doing her duty as a citizen of this nation by reporting suspected illegal activity to the authorities. In this case she choose to report it directly to the President simply because of how easy our current President has made it so easy to reach out to him on Twitter.

I am just asking you why you think she done something wrong. Would she still be wring has she just called ICE on these students? Or reported these students to local police? I am just wanting to get an alternate point of view. All I see is a teacher reporting suspected illegal activity or resident to the authorities by tweeting the President who is the proper authority. What exactly am I missing here that makes this such a bad thing?
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
The two facedness makes me nauseous.

One president is lauded for deporting and separating families, the next is deemed to be deplorable. I see the damn problem here. Sore ass losers.

Dumb ass comments are even worse. Under Obama only criminals and people with warrants were separated from their families. You know those "dangerous people Mexico keeps sending here".

But you don't want to even talk about the difference in the situations. You want to make it sound the same.

There's no shame to your game.
Quote:
What exactly am I missing here that makes this such a bad thing?

She broke the law. I posted two articles about the law earlier in the thread. One detailed the law, which is named Plyler vs Doe, and the second was a letter to all schools from The Department of Justice reminding everyone of the importance of following that law.
Here is an update on the teacher's situation. I'm posting the link because there are several tweets w/in the article and it won't look good on here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education...m=.c61f6bcb1ce8

Some highlights from the article in case you don't want to read it:

--Georgia Clark has been fired. The school board voted unanimously to terminate her.

--Clark has a history of violations in her career w/the district, including insulting her students' ethnicity.

--Clark is denying this, but she is accused of asking to see a child's papers proving he/she was legal when the child asked her to use the bathroom.

--She kicked a student in 2007.

--She called a group of students "Little Mexico" and referred to another as "White Bread."

--This is interesting because Georgia Clark thought her tweets were private.

Quote:
Clark was careful in her approach, she believed, and told the president she needed guarantees her identity would be protected when action was taken. “Texas will not protect whistle blowers. The Mexicans refuse to honor our flag,” she wrote.

This is my opinion. Georgia Clark will never teach again and Thank God for that.
The two facedness makes me nauseous.

Dumb ass comments are even worse. Under Obama only criminals and people with warrants were separated from their families. You know those "dangerous people Mexico keeps sending here".

But you don't want to even talk about the difference in the situations. You want to make it sound the same.

There's no shame to your game.

Follow along. "Show me where in the new testament....." and I did. However, it was not a direct quote from Jesus.

It then became "Trump puts kids in cages." etc. Turns out the pic. was from the Obama era.

Now, you're changing goal post again???
Pit don't even bother engaging with Arch. His only agenda these days is purely to troll the left on here and you've been lumped in as a NOT GOP ENOUGH for Trumpians.

Now, you're changing goal post again???

I didn't know that actually pointing out the difference in circumstances was moving the goal posts.

I guess it must be when it points out that there's really no comparison between the two when people are so busy trying to claim there is.

Quit trying to deny what you posted arch...

Quote:
One president is lauded for deporting and separating families, the next is deemed to be deplorable.

In case it was you who couldn't follow along, that's what I was referring to.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Pit don't even bother engaging with Arch. His only agenda these days is purely to troll the left on here and you've been lumped in as a NOT GOP ENOUGH for Trumpians.

Yeah and I'm not really liberal enough for most Democrats. But I'm pretty fond of being in that position.

I address arch because he's a pretty funny guy sometimes. He points out things like he has someone very close to him that's gay. Which is true.

Then he turns around and refuses to address that an evangelical group only has a problem with gays being included in a certain legislation. I mean you can't make that crap up. Instead he won't comment on their discrimination of gays and attacks the legislation itself.
Wow.
It's true. I posted two articles. One where an evangelical group had zero problem with blacks and others being included in legislation. But not gays. Just below that in the same thread, I posted an article about another evangelical group calling for the death of gays.

You made no comment about either.
I guess I didn't see them? In this thread?

Oh, and I wasn't aware I needed to comment on them.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Yeah and I'm not really liberal enough for most Democrats. But I'm pretty fond of being in that position.

I address arch because he's a pretty funny guy sometimes. He points out things like he has someone very close to him that's gay. Which is true.

Then he turns around and refuses to address that an evangelical group only has a problem with gays being included in a certain legislation. I mean you can't make that crap up. Instead he won't comment on their discrimination of gays and attacks the legislation itself.

Bro, I have an uncle with a semi-closeted yet obviously gay son who lives with another man as "friends". His FB profile says in a "domestic partnership" and that is the one and only time I've ever seen his homosexuality claimed.

The other man is an immigrant from Syria or Lebanon, I can't remember which, but he has been here for 30+ years and can't go back due to his homosexuality.

My uncle is a hardcore Trumpian, a lifelong GOPer, and a retired long haul Trucker with an "Archie Bunker like" lifeview. He constantly rages against Muslims, middle easterners, lgbtq rights agendas, and liberal democrat agendas on FB like it's his job. He's in a hate filled self feeding loop of like minds on FB. Yet he will embrace and talk highly of his son and his partner without acknowledging they are gay, one was raised muslim, and both are liberals when policies effect them while being Trumpians the rest of the time. smh

Sadly, I've had or have several gay/lesbian relatives in my extended family and not one of them is open or out about it. So I have to give Arch props for admitting and accepting that his kid is gay. I would never use that against him.
j/c:

Guys, you are getting off topic. I think there is plenty to discuss about the topic w/out having to turn it into something else.

There is racism, child abuse, neglect of the law, covert practices, etc in that last article. I think they should be addressed, especially given some of the earlier posts in this thread by those who defended that so-called teacher.
just clicking

In all the years I spent as a teacher/faculty/mentor, I never once had an interest in a student's immigration status. It simply never came up in my thought patterns. I had students who needed an education, I had students to teach. My mind doesn't default to such a setting. Never has. This law was never an issue (breaking it/following it) for me, because I've always been the kind of person for whom this slice of sociopolitical nuance simply didn't matter.

You see... I was, and always will be a teacher first. Where there is need that I can provide, I will do it- every time. I have only 2 questions: "Whom do I teach?" "Where do I teach?"

I don't give a duck about anything else.

For me, it's always been people reaching people. My personal superpower involves reaching people through word and sound. I've been blessed beyond measure to have always been able to change the world (in some small measure) without needing a brightly-colored skintight spandex bodysuit to pull it off. The world is blessed with being spared that sight, as well. Trust me.

I never needed a law to treat all my kids with a high/flat level of respect and service. I just did it- because that's what it has always meant to be a *ing teacher.

Don't do it if you can't do it for everyone.

Wanna know why, beyond the scope of raw, basic law?
It's purely a practical/ethical/common sense standard:

Suppose 'John Q Keepemout's' son or daughter is sitting right next to 'Maybee I. Izoraint's' kid... who asks me a question. There is every chance that my answer to Izoraint's' kid gives Keepemout's kid the exact same insight, as well. If I teach kids with a sliding scale of quality based upon my perception of their individual worthiness, I risk cheating every single kid in my sphere, because my personal biases disqualify me from determining a student's worthiness. All are worthy- or none are. Given that binary choice, the True Teacher will choose 'all kids' 100% of the time- because the alternative is simply unthinkable/inconceivable/indefensible to him.

I must give the same to all, because I should never be entrusted with the authority to dole out Knowledge based upon my personal impression of who's deserving and who is not. If I cannot agree to this standard, I should shut tf up, and never have influence in anyone's life.

All of this is a long-winded way of saying that this law would never touch me because of the way I run my life and who My Parents raised me to be. Church, classroom, music studio, etc: these are sacrocanct.

I don't break The Family Covenant.

My ancestral Social Pioneers risked everything to give me the life I now enjoy. They created towns, built progressive schools, broke racial/caste/social barriers, took in strays... and never asked any one to produce papers to receive those privileges.

I teach all who come to me without question, because that's how I was raised/trained to exercise our Christianity.
I will not forsake those who made me.

The USA is ranked 17 in the the world in education, the liberal run urban areas have the most horrible public school systems yet the so called educators here are so concerned with illegals that are draining the resources that are rightfully in place for the American children wheres the outrage ...Oh yeah I forgot they are anti Trump and love the anti Trump teachers unions and that's what this is all about. IMO
The USA is ranked 17 in the the world in education, the liberal run urban areas have the most horrible public school systems yet the so called educators here are so concerned with illegals that are draining the resources that are rightfully in place for the American children wheres the outrage ...Oh yeah I forgot they are anti Trump and love the anti Trump teachers unions and that's what this is all about. IMO

Did you go to school in an "urban area"?

That is NOT what it's all about. Don't tell me what my motives are!
It's far easier to see his motives.
Thankfully, there are many of us who feel the same way you do. We teach children.

I remember a time when I had a teacher look at me w/disdain due where I lived. I was a second class citizen in her eyes. I can't emphasize enough how much pain and damage that she did to me.

You are a child. You have bright eyes. You are expectant. You want to learn.

And then you have a person who is a position you respect look at you w/disdain and constantly remind you that you are not good enough.

On the other hand, you have folks like Clem who will accept all. Who will try and help all no matter what their circumstances are. You have folks rising to new heights due to the efforts of folks like Clem and folks falling due to the hate and bias of teachers like Georgia Clark.

We all have our thangs............but, in the end.............what do you want to be remembered for? A person who repressed others or one who elevated them?
4th grade.
Mary Henry.
The only way to kill her was to throw a 5 gal bucket of holy water on her.

Sat the entire class in alphabetical order. But not the Af-Am kids. She sat the 6 of us in a back corner of the room. Still in rows, mind you- but there was a clear line drawn in that classroom. Raised hands inside that red line never got called upon for class participation. She actively sought to dissuade/disallow me (and Sheila Drewry and Debbi Washington) from taking up Music.

Until My Mom showed up one day at last bell. That's when she took the next 10 minutes explaining to that woman just how awful life was about to become for her, should she persist in denying her son and these other children their rights to a full and complete education under the newly-amended Constitution.

That woman came into my life at the most sensitive and influential time imaginable: 9 years old. The heart and start of The Wonder Years. Had she been allowed to succeed in maintaining her caste system, I almost certainly would have never pursued Music even as a hobby. I never would have gained from that discipline's academic side benefits, too many to number in this short post. And I most surely would not have met the faculty, private teachers, mentors and coaches who supplemented My Parents' training and prepared me for a specialist's career.

The Good Guys won in our instance, but I wonder how many others had opportunities stolen from them by teachers like Mary Henry. How many other kids didn't have the support of parents who knew what their rights were? How many other kids didn't have the support community that helped me? It took a host of Good Guys to get me here, and it all could have been scuttled by the efforts of one Bad Guy. One person who presumes to teach kids differently, as determined by their own personal scale of worthiness.

I've talked at length here about how blessed I've been, and how deeply thankful I am. Others who were born with less, deserve every measure of what I've lived. So when I get the chance, I give to all, because I just might turn out to be that teacher who erases what a Mary Henry did to some other kid.

So I don't ask to see papers before I put a bow into a kid's hand. It just doesn't come up. Papers are important to someone else, for a completely different set of reasons. And I don't care about their reasons. Their reasons don't, won't, and can't teach a kid how to do what I do.

There is no other job with higher stakes attached than imparting knowledge. A person's future and potential is at stake with every interaction. All in or all out. That's the only way.

Great post Clem. I had a similar experience in HS. Only the band/orchestra instructor was hitting on the HS girls in orchestra by promising first, and second chairs. Then pushing other and often better musicians back. Even forcing some to quit.

He was eventually caught and ran out of town. Never heard what happened to the creep.
Quote:

She broke the law. I posted two articles about the law earlier in the thread. One detailed the law, which is named Plyler vs Doe, and the second was a letter to all schools from The Department of Justice reminding everyone of the importance of following that law.

I see that now. Thank you for the clarification.

My thoughts? This is a damn outrage.

Both the laws and the Supreme Court decision suck.

the American Tax payer is unfairly forced to have these illegal immigrants foisted on them and forced to pay for their damn education unfairly.

At this juncture, The American Taxpayer only has one thing they can do:

"Vote down every single school and operating levy these districts try to pass until they expel every single illegal immigrant child from their school system"

It is NOT illegal for taxpayers to refuse to fund or vote any levy. If they shut down the school, they shut it down. If that's what it takes, then so be it.

I think its probably the only way to get these illegals out of our school, by simply closing our wallets and refusing to pay any new levies or taxes for the schools. Since our government and Supreme Court has failed us.

You know who funds the majority of schools?

PROPERTY OWNERS via property taxes.

Anyone who owns property has no say on how their school spends money today, and is forced to pay for illegal immigrant children too...the only thing they have left is voting down any future levys in hopes of driving these kids out of their schools. Even if that means closing the schools. what a said state of affairs, but our government and Supreme Court has left the American Taxpayer no other alternative.
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Quote:

"Vote down every single school and operating levy these districts try to pass until they expel every single illegal immigrant child from their school system"

So your answer is to vote for the future GOPers of America to be even more uneducated than GOPers today? lmao and smh
Let's translate what he said into English, shall we?

Treat children of illegal immigrants like they are the one's who did something wrong! Let's treat them like the criminals and some type of sub humans by denying them an education! Murica!
Don't forget denying american children in those districts a proper education at the same time... smh
While assuring that if the child stays in the US they’re uneducated. Likely leading to a life of crime or general struggle. Cuz that’ll teach’m.
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
While assuring that if the child stays in the US they’re uneducated. Likely leading to a life of crime or general struggle. Cuz that’ll teach’m.

rofl

Thanks dawg, that made me laugh.
I want to get back to something that Clem and I were talking about. That is, the effect that a teacher can have on a child.

Children look for approval. They want to be accepted. Most of them are eager learners who want to be successful. They want to achieve and please.

Teachers are in such a powerful position. Nurture the above traits in a child and watch him/her grow. Watch them blossom into something beautiful and useful. I used to say that teachers were like farmers in a way. We get a young sapling. We nourish it, tweak and provide support w/a loving figurative embrace. We then get to stand back and marvel in how they have become beautiful and productive as an adult.

On the other hand, a teacher can sap the very life out of a child by telling him/her that they aren't good enough. That they don't belong. That they never amount to anything. That they are destined to a life behind bars. That they are not good enough to be in the teacher's classroom.

We all have our different political and ethical beliefs, but I think it is a crime in every sense of the word to turn our backs on our children.

And Clem, if you are still reading..........I admire your stance and it is what I expected from you. We do have to realize that not everyone feels the way you and I do, and that this particular law is a damn good one because it protects the rights of honest children. And to piggyback off of Portland's real intent w/his sarcastic/humorous comment......we have the ability to create a better world by growing better citizens.
thanks.

just following the example that was set for me.
I'm here.

I agree if that is the law then it must be followed. I always thought teachers must report crimes if they knew about them. But, your post contradicts what I was thought I knew.

These are legitimately frightening posts. When people wonder how history could allow concentration camps and internment camps during WW2, it's because of people like this who cannot tell right from wrong for themselves. Thankfully they're just two guys on a message board. Unfortunately they're allowed to vote.
Quote:
Thankfully they're just two guys on a message board. Unfortunately they're allowed to vote.

Those two sentences, back-to-back describe exactly where we are as a nation.

My Uncle Bill went to Europe to put these people down. My Father went to Okinawa. My Father in-Law went to the South Pacific.

And now the axis 'mentality' tries to assert itself at Dawgtalkers. In our home- the United States of America.
Deplorable in the extreme.

There is nothing 'thankful' about reading any posts like this, however small in number they may be (at present).

In the 30's, Nazis in Germany and nationalists in Italy were cults of loud-mouthed deplorables that everyone laughed at- and dismissed. Then, we had to live through the 40's.

Today, in 2019... I'm not laughing.
And I'm not backing down.
I think allowing bias and hate to fester can lead to events that occurred in places like Germany and Italy.

Let's not forget, the ugliness of racial bias took place right here in 20th century America under the guise of national security.

https://www.history.com/news/japanese-internment-camp-wwii-photos
© DawgTalkers.net