DawgTalkers.net
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/01/17/americans-injured-iran-missile-attack/

Swept under the rug on trumps head. Pffft
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

When trump came on TV and announced that no americans were injured or killed, I told my wife, "wait for it" and sure enough.

He lies,, That's what he does.. so if Trump said it didn't happen, you can bet it did.
There's that little loophole where they don't have to report injuries unless they're deemed "serious". The government always sets things up where they can paint the best picture to their minions.
I’m glad cooler heads prevailed, no need to sacrifice civilian life for political posturing

So 8 people with concussion like symptoms and 3 people who were mentally shook proves that Trump was lying... okie dokie.
Hows your WW# coming along? Are you still arming up for the fight?

Did you ever notice how the closer we get to the election the more ridiculous and hysterical the lefties get?
I've been telling liberals they need to arm themselves for some time now.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I wonder who has the most fire power? LOL.
The problem is that people on your side thinks that matters. The only way that would matter is if you plan on taking over the country if you don't get your way.

There are a lot of terms to describe that. Patriotic American isn't one of them.

I know I'm well armed if people decide to try that.
The problem is that people on your side thinks that matters. The only way that would matter is if you plan on taking over the country if you don't get your way.

There are a lot of terms to describe that. Patriotic American isn't one of them.

I know I'm well armed if people decide to try that.

If you don't get your way???

That statement right there about standing up for our Constitutional Rights being unpatriotic is the most unpatriotic thing I have heard in a long time!

People who think like that have already surrendered those Rights.

So many Americans have given their lives to defend those Rights and Freedoms and it was not because they weren't getting their way! It is because they chose Freedom over Tyranny!

You say you are well armed against those who would fight for our Constitutional Rights???

You and the British of 1776!
That sounds like what the Confederates said when they tried to over throw a duly elected government. The British were not an elected American government. But your confederate like tirade does sound familiar in Trumplandia though.
Foolish.

The Confederates formed their own Nation, the Confederacy. Then broke away.
The rhetoric was the same.
Weak.

I do however like your call for Liberals to arm themselves, for if they do, they won't be wanting the government telling them to give them up.
Yet the government didn't tell them to give them up. That's the lie you keep repeating that makes your side look foolish.
Yet the government didn't tell them to give them up. That's the lie you keep repeating that makes your side look foolish.

What started the whole Virginia thing was Senate Bill 16, proposed by Sen. Richard Saslaw, which would have expanded the definition of "assault firearms" under Virginia law, outlawed their possession, and outlawed the the selling or transfer of any firearm magazine with a capacity for more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Now, due to pressure, they withdrew that Bill at the last moment but word is they have another Bill just like it they are working on.

So you need to stop with the cover up. You need to stop spreading the lies.
So it was proposed but never voted on. How is that trying to take your guns away again?

You do realize that a magazine isn't a gun, right?
they lost.
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Libs have way more fire power. I'll mansplain it for you... If the right wingers were to rise up in civil war and start shooting liberals in the streets, the full might of law enforcement and the US Armed Forces would crush them. Period.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Libs have way more fire power. I'll mansplain it for you... If the right wingers were to rise up in civil war and start shooting liberals in the streets, the full might of law enforcement and the US Armed Forces would crush them. Period.

Right wingers would never rise up and start shooting Liberals in the street.They are grownups. The Libs and media called the gun rights rally in VA a White Supremist rally. Did you notice all the Black White Supreamist gun owners.Did you notice that there was no violence. A little difference than an Antifa get together. BTW where were those Antifa punks? Why did they stay away instead of sneaking around and beating little news guys or dragging old people out of their cars.....Right there you see one major difference between Republicans and Democrats.Period.
What you saw was that the other side canceled the MLK rally that was previously scheduled for that same day. There was nobody there to fight against. I wonder why gun rights people chose upstaging MLK Day rather than any other day?

Things that make you go hmmmmm....
Out rage that there was no violence?

Maybe that was because they had the day off from Work. Dems and their sneaky wing Antifa always get the day off.
They had the week-end off too. But they chose MLK Day. Hmmmm....
They had the week-end off too. But they chose MLK Day. Hmmmm....

Yeah right , they were celebrating MLK day. Not that they coun't gang up on some little guy or old people. That was not a place for masked punks.
Are you talking about the people at the pro gun rally covering their faces?

And yes, there was going to be an MLK march. It was canceled because of the pro gun rally. I mean that's what normal people do on MLK day. Celebrate MLK.
So it was proposed but never voted on. How is that trying to take your guns away again?

You do realize that a magazine isn't a gun, right?

For God's sake Pit.. it was proposed, you have dem presidential candidates saying they would ban and confiscate guns. You act like it is this far-fetched idea people are pulling out of nowhere.

If left unchecked dems would outlaw a whole host of guns tomorrow ... just as fast as the cons would outlaw abortion.

But stop pretending that there isn't a significant movement within the left to do it.
Well we all know Bill Clinton took everyone's guns. No wait....

But it was Obama who took their guns. No wait.....

For a change in the constitution it would have to be ratified by three fourths of all fifty states.

The rest is just noise from both sides.

We are talking about the bills proposed and approved in Virginia. They though this went too far and refused to even vote on the measure.
Well we all know Bill Clinton took everyone's guns. No wait....

But it was Obama who took their guns. No wait.....

For a change in the constitution it would have to be ratified by three fourths of all fifty states.

The rest is just noise from both sides.

We are talking about the bills proposed and approved in Virginia. They though this went too far and refused to even vote on the measure.

The constitution doesn't stop them from trying

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/04/02/pittsburgh-city-council-gun-legislation-final-vote/

This was recently passed in Pittsburgh, in contrast to the constitution, and to be signed by the mayor. Even the DEM DA said its unconstitutional, yet they are doing it anyway.

The simply signing of this bill should be illegal, and possibly is.

You have a local municipality, trying to implement laws OVER the State and Federal laws already stating they cannot. This is a very slippery slope here.
One of us is confused here. What is unconstitutional about it? It doesn't bam owning an assault rifle. It doesn't confiscate or ban you from buying them. It simply states you can't use one withing city limits.

Quote:
Pittsburgh's mayor signed legislation Tuesday restricting the use of assault-style weapons in the city. The city council introduced a set of bills a few weeks after a gunman entered the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh in October, killing 11 members and injuring seven.

But the new law offers a broad definition of use. It bans not just firing the gun, but even having it loaded in public. That means many of the protesters who opposed the law at the January rally would have been breaking it.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711401894...-up-court-fight

So you can't fire or walk around with a loaded assault rifle in Pittsburgh. Is that what you're fighting against?
One of us is confused here. What is unconstitutional about it? It doesn't bam owning an assault rifle. It doesn't confiscate or ban you from buying them. It simply states you can't use one withing city limits.

Quote:
Pittsburgh's mayor signed legislation Tuesday restricting the use of assault-style weapons in the city. The city council introduced a set of bills a few weeks after a gunman entered the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh in October, killing 11 members and injuring seven.

But the new law offers a broad definition of use. It bans not just firing the gun, but even having it loaded in public. That means many of the protesters who opposed the law at the January rally would have been breaking it.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711401894...-up-court-fight

So you can't fire or walk around with a loaded assault rifle in Pittsburgh. Is that what you're fighting against?

Because the municipality is not authorized to create gun restrictions - its against the states constitution. The DA agrees.

Yes, I am fighting that.
rofl

You do realize that cities all across America have laws forbidding weapons be fired within city limits and have for decades, right?

Unlawful Discharge of a Weapon

While the right to keep and bear arms is constitutionally protected, states have long restricted how and when people can use firearms. All states, as well as cities and municipal governments, have laws or ordinances which prevent people from firing or discharging a weapon under certain circumstances. These laws, often known as unlawful discharge, negligent discharge, or unlawful use of a weapon, differ widely between states and cities.
Unlawful Discharge Defined

Unlawful discharge laws typically punish the unlawful firing of a firearm, such as a pistol or shotgun, but they may also apply to other weapons such as crossbows, blowguns, and BB or pellet guns. Unlawful discharge laws prohibit firing any weapon in certain areas or under specific circumstances, such as firing from a moving vehicle, firing across a state highway, or firing into or at an occupied building.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Unlawful-discharge-weapon.htm

And thinking people should be able to walk around a city with a loaded assault rifle is just crazy.
Quote:
You do realize that cities all across America have laws forbidding weapons be fired within city limits and have for decades, right?
You see, here is your bipartisan craphat. Its illegal to fire a weapon already in public for no reason. No reason to even have that other to say "well look they are for firing weapons in public" its a tactic used by the uninformed, and you tried to use it. that's literally only in there for them to have talking point, as you are using now. Shame.

You also literally posted the LAW already making it illegal, so why does this need to be made again? Simply for a talking point. Thanks for making my point before you even realized you were. rofl
People are allowed to walk around with a loaded weapon if licensed in the state of PA.

Thinking any schmuck with a political agenda can make any law he wishes that to conflict with State and Federal laws is the insane part. thumbsup
FYI, it was shot down the second it was challenged and went to court BTW, so you are incorrect on your thoughts that they are able to do that, but point remains - they are trying to take guns away.

You can agree they should be able too, that’s your right if you wish. I will disagree, but don’t lie and say they are not trying to take away guns when they clearly have already tried to pass laws and ordinances that would do just that.
Psst..........hey, that's what he does. Twist.
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
I’m glad cooler heads prevailed, no need to sacrifice civilian life for political posturing

Tell that to the families of all the killed civilians shot out of the sky.
Trump Shrugs Off U.S. Soldiers' Injuries From Iran Attack: 'They Had Headaches'

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-shrugs-off-soldiers-injuries-iran-attack-142059343.html

i hate this dude so much. yea, headaches from an attack arent a big deal.

but bone spurs? holy hell, its LIFE THREATENING.
trump pfft ... from one thing to another crapping up. that guy that always clogs the toilet.
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Psst..........hey, that's what he does. Twist.

Would you like to debate the point I made regarding people carrying loaded assault rifles in city limits? Willit didn't debate it either.

He just in turn spouted rhetoric. Same with you. Ignore the posted information and carry on with your drivel.
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
but point remains - they are trying to take guns away.

Please show anything in those bills that take guns away from anyone. I couldn't find it.
j/c

I guess they weren't being honest about the 11 head injuries. Imagine that?

34 US service members diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iranian missile strike

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics/34-injuries-iran-missile-strike/index.html?
109 U.S. troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iran strike

https://www.axios.com/us-troops-traumati...AgdeqvMgcUhcyns

It's gone from 11 to 109.

And people talk about China under reporting facts to their citizens.

There are generally two kinds of troops in my experience. Those that avoid medical whenever possible and those that go to medical for every little thing. Symptoms from brain injuries can take time to develop. You can't diagnose something if someone doesn't go to get it checked.
In less than a week it will have been a month since the intitial report of 11. It doesn't take nearly that long to realize the symptoms of a concussion. As a matter of fact, most all concussion symptoms would have come and gone before now.
I wasn't going to respond because your reply doesn't contradict anything I posted, but it doesn't look like your information is correct:

Mayo Clinic Link

Quote:

Post-concussion syndrome is a complex disorder in which various symptoms — such as headaches and dizziness — last for weeks and sometimes months after the injury that caused the concussion.

Concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury that usually happens after a blow to the head. It can also occur with violent shaking and movement of the head or body. You don't have to lose consciousness to get a concussion or post-concussion syndrome. In fact, the risk of post-concussion syndrome doesn't appear to be associated with the severity of the initial injury.

In most people, symptoms occur within the first seven to 10 days and go away within three months. Sometimes, they can persist for a year or more.

If guys try to tough something out and don't get checked until much later, it makes reporting difficult. Especially when our country has a Twitter mentality.

China is no worse than America. We (both dems, and repubs) are both as guilty.
When you consider that these are mostly young people who consider themselves more or less immortal, it's not surprising they are slow to report the injuries. But if the injuries are not documented there would not be care provided for most after they exit the military. Documented injury comes with life long treatment. So the numbers may be slightly higher out of some not so serious just practicing CYA just in case.
Well Trump said it's only some headaches and it's not that serious, so.....
Well Trump said it's only some headaches and it's not that serious, so.....

You can only go with the information you have available.

Could he have said it better? Yes. He's not a smooth talker to say the least. Open mouth, insert foot is how he rolls.

Complaining that the numbers rose is a separate issue. It's not like he was over there compiling them himself. He went with the numbers the military gave him at the time.
The problem you have here is that I didn't blame it on Trump. His stupid response I did. But the report on the number of injuries reported I did not.

It's a government thing. And it's not even about the party in power. Our government wishes to downplay incidents like this as much as they can.
The problem you have here is that I didn't blame it on Trump. His stupid response I did. But the report on the number of injuries reported I did not.

It's a government thing. And it's not even about the party in power. Our government wishes to downplay incidents like this as much as they can.

Well, when you reply to a post about the reports with a response about Trump, it looks like you're blaming him.

If you throw enough arguments out, one of them might eventually work.

Governments downplaying incidents isn't uncommon. You're right there. We might finally be getting somewhere.

At the same time, when families over here hear that there was a missile attack over there, they want to know if their loved ones are alive. In that moment, they aren't overly concerned about concussions.
Once again, the only time I mentioned Trump was referring to his dumb response about these injuries not being serious.

When I posted the new statistics on the injuries, I even compared the report to "China" not being transparent. It has nothing to do with Trump. The fact you jumped to that conclusion isn't the fault of anyone but you.

I've followed what has happened to our troops since the days of Vietnam. Injuries/wounded have always been reported alongside fatalities.

Believe it or not, all families of our troops are concerned with their injuries as well as fatalities.
Once again, the only time I mentioned Trump was referring to his dumb response about these injuries not being serious.

When I posted the new statistics on the injuries, I even compared the report to "China" not being transparent. It has nothing to do with Trump. The fact you jumped to that conclusion isn't the fault of anyone but you.

I've followed what has happened to our troops since the days of Vietnam. Injuries/wounded have always been reported alongside fatalities.

Believe it or not, all families of our troops are concerned with their injuries as well as fatalities.

So your argument is that you posted something completely unrelated to what you were replying to for no apparent reason. You were the one that first brought up Trump. Sometimes I really wonder about the way your mind works.

I agree with the last part and never said otherwise. Yet, families want to know their loved ones are alive first, everything else is secondary.

Can we let this thread die? Or is there something unrelated you'd like to add?
Quote:

Try reading it slowly.
rofl

I'm sure you would like to start over.
Quote:

Try reading it slowly.

They all know the trump admin is sweeping this under the rug. Running around with their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalalalalal
So typically foolish.

If the Military and Government chose to withhold the numbers in order to avoid a war with Iran, possibly killing hundreds of our troops, then it was a wise decision.

You guys are going to cry "Hate Trump" either way.
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
So typically foolish.

If the Military and Government chose to withhold the numbers in order to avoid a war with Iran, possibly killing hundreds of our troops, then it was a wise decision.

You guys are going to cry "Hate Trump" either way.

He didn't "withhold" anything. The numbers were reported as they came in.

Trump and wise in the same vicinity. I don't think his immediate family would put those two things together.

Don't blame them that Trump is eminently hateable.
Quote:

Try reading it slowly.

They all know the trump admin is sweeping this under the rug. Running around with their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalalalalal

Is the military releasing an update really sweeping something under the rug?
Quote:
The numbers were reported as they came in.

No they weren’t. There was a pause of info. We all know why. Keep sweeping it away bro.
Quote:

No they weren’t. There was a pause of info. We all know why. Keep sweeping it away bro.

Okay, you're right. There was probably an initial incident report. Additional soldiers were probably seen over time by medical and the information was collated into a report at the end of a standard interval.

I'm not sweeping anything away. I just don't see any great conspiracy. I see incompetence (Trump's scatterbrain and poor word choices) and the slow grind of bureaucracy (the amount of paperwork in the military can be mind numbing and it all takes time to go through the chain of command) combined with soldiers not wanting to let their buddies down/look weak in front of them.
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Quote:

Okay, you're right. There was probably an initial incident report. Additional soldiers were probably seen over time by medical and the information was collated into a report at the end of a standard interval.

I'm not sweeping anything away. I just don't see any great conspiracy. I see incompetence (Trump's scatterbrain and poor word choices) and the slow grind of bureaucracy (the amount of paperwork in the military can be mind numbing and it all takes time to go through the chain of command) combined with soldiers not wanting to let their buddies down/look weak in front of them.

Really? When we first heard about this attack the Iranian missiles missed their mark and landed harmlessly in the middle of nowhere. The desert. Now what? What next.? Deaths? Who knows right? Swept under the rug to turn up later. We’ll see.
If the right is trying to sweep something under, the left is trying to bury the rug in innuendo. I don't think that's any better.
rofl

Actually I would like to see you stop playing kick the can. But I don't see that happening.
rofl

Actually I would like to see you stop playing kick the can. But I don't see that happening.

You're the one that likes to play games.

If you keep throwing out cans of..."junk," I'll keep kicking them back where they came from. It's not because I like playing games, it's because I don't like your mess on my figurative lawn/in my figurative neighborhood. I feel obliged to try and clean it up.

Step up your game so we can have legitimate discussion instead of this blind attack mentality you've seemed to have going.
New paragraphs are important for the reader. They tell when you're switching time, place, topic or speaker.

You sound like the same people who don't like anyone "different" living in their neighborhood. I've got news for you. I'm not going anywhere and not going to let you try to use your spin to claim I indicated something that didn't happen.
I lived packed tight in a berthing with "different", as you call them, people for years, and we got along great. I'm just not particularly fond of people whose posts are often the equivalent of taking a dump in the middle of the floor. But whatever, this game of yours has gotten old.

Show anywhere that I even hinted it was Trump who was responsible for hiding the numbers. You can't. I never even suggested it.

So now you continue to run your mouth as the lard drips down your chin.
Trump must have changed who does his make up.
© DawgTalkers.net