DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: DiamDawg General Flynn - 04/30/20 09:37 PM
WOW
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 09:48 PM
I said the truth about the Deep State would come out.

I just happened to be early on the report.

Shame on the Obama weaponized Justice Department!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 10:15 PM
He still lied to the FBI. Cops/law enforcement play these same cards all the time trying to trip up suspects. If he omitted facts intentionally, then he appeared to be hiding something. If he omitted facts accidently, then he had more than one occasion to come clean. He lied.

AND while we are on the topic, the whole Russiagate investigation of the investigators is a farce. Trump and company openly worked with foreign government for political gain more than once. They have zero credibility to anyone not enamored with their political BS and buying into their BS cover stories. Trump's behavior in Helsinki told me all I need to know. He worked with the Russians and Wikileaks in 2016.

Now if republicans want to let him off the hook, like they did with the 100% proven guilt trying to do the same crap with Ukraine in his impeachment, then they will let him off the hook. BUT none of you should think that this nonsense investigation of the investigators or the twisted lies about exoneration make Trump and company not guilty. They are guilty by every measure.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 10:26 PM
Thats your take on this ... I’m shocked ... rolleyes

The bouncing ball just keeps getting further and further out of your sight ...

WOW
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 10:47 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
WOW

Care to elaborate and give this thread some substance?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 11:02 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/michael-flynn-fbi-records-unsealed/
Posted By: BADdog Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 11:16 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
WOW

trump WOW
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 11:25 PM
WOW

That's what he was able to grasp...

The spin masters are at work over at Fox. Nothing new.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
WOW

That's what he was able to grasp...

The spin masters are at work over at Fox. Nothing new.

That was a completely unnecessary shot at Diam. btw I posted an article from CBS.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 11:43 PM
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...efore-interview

The letter shows that the FBI was framing Michael Flynn. Does this reach the level of treason? I think it might.

As the old saying says if you shoot at the king, don't miss.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 04/30/20 11:53 PM
Thanks bro ... its ok .. thats one of the nicest things he’s ever said to me ... *L* ...

The fact the notes were hand written by FBI agents and he just ignores it is incredible to me ...

This is not the worst thing our 3 letter “beyond reproach” agencies have done to an American citizen or a president but its by far the most damming and destructive thing we’ve ever learned about ... this should not ever happen ...
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 12:03 AM
WOW

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
That was a completely unnecessary shot at Diam. btw I posted an article from CBS.

First, So? and So?

Second, Diam gives as good as he gets ALL THE TIME in here.

Third, Diam posted this right after Fox broke it's big spin job. The regurgitation and propagation of far right propaganda by the clueless is the bane of my leftie existence in PP. If you did not expect me to attack that, then you obviously don't pay attention.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 02:44 AM
Thanks bro ... its ok .. thats one of the nicest things he’s ever said to me ... *L* ...

The fact the notes were hand written by FBI agents and he just ignores it is incredible to me ...

This is not the worst thing our 3 letter “beyond reproach” agencies have done to an American citizen or a president but its by far the most damming and destructive thing we’ve ever learned about ... this should not ever happen ...

Are you seriously going to attack law enforcement common practices to trip up criminals and make them confess? GMAB. You've watched enough cop shows to know this happens every damn day in America. There is nothing at all wrong about them doing the same crap here.

I will however agree that I don't like the tactics but I don't do their job with my hands tied by laws and loopholes either. I'm in no way shocked about this.

Although I have to admit that I'm mad about the FBI and intelligence too! Because if they had done their damn jobs right and not allowed themselves to be out maneuvered, we wouldn't be in the middle of a pandemic with commander numbskull calling the shots... but then I think we might be trying to pray it away under Pence and that might actually be worse.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 12:25 PM
WOW

Guilty....trump hired him even after he was warned what he did and that he was already being investigated for his crimes that he eventually pleaded guilty of. Another trump changing history lie. Pffft trump.
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 03:10 PM
They botched the case against Flynn.

They were NOT legally allowed to ask him those questions during that interrogation. The only legal way those questions could have been asked was behind closed doors between Flynn, his attorney, and the prosecutors office as part of a plea deal. They instead tried to bully him by asking questions they were not legally allowed to ask.

Contrary to what you see on TV, entrapment is real

The legal definition of entrpament is:

in criminal law, the act of law enforcement officers or government agents inducing or encouraging a person to commit a crime when the potential criminal expresses a desire not to go ahead. The key to entrapment is whether the idea for the commission or encouragement of the criminal act originated with the police or government agents instead of with the "criminal."

So intentionally trying to get him to "lie" and pushing an issue when the defendent clearly doesn't want to go ahead is clear entrapment. that letter pretty nails this hook, line, and sinker. Fl;ynn will walk and get a lot of money out of this whole ordeal,and it makes the corruptions of Obama Justice Department look really really bad.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 03:31 PM
1. I first heard about this at least 24 hours before i posted it ... breaking Fox News had zero to do with it for a few reasons ... u can’t handle 0 + 0 but your trying to connect the dots of why I posted it when i did ... rofl ...

1. I watch fox business as well as other business shows on other cable outlets ... all i watch on Fox News is Tucker Carlson and that is maybe once a week ...

2. U have no clue what this was really about if U think this was solely about getting Flynn ...

3. There were hand written notes by fbi personal involved in the case ... i believe one of them actually said or something to the affect of ... “ are we interviewing him to get to the truth or to get him fired” ...

4. The fbi ageists that initially interviewed him said he didn’t lie and they thought he was truthful ...

5. The case was about to be closed as it should have been until Petey the POS he is wouldn’t let them for some unknown reason ... maybe this was a part of his “insurance policy” ...

U have to ignore so much not to see this ,.. its sad u can’t .. i feel sorry for u .. i really do ... TDS has destroyed your judgement if u can’t do the math on this one ..
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 04:30 PM
When a man refuses to face a jury because he knows he's guilty, that's pretty much all that needs to be said.

People seem to feel it's some new revelation that law enforcement focuses on a suspect and thinks they are guilty during an investigation.
Posted By: Riley01 Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 04:31 PM
NAILED IT.....
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 04:35 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flynn-b...o-him-every-day

Durham and Barr. Get em boys!!! Don't stop to you lock them all up!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 04:36 PM
rofl
Posted By: Riley01 Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 05:16 PM
Including the last bunch barry and his deep state, after all this all started when he was at the helm.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 05:19 PM
rofl
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 05:32 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
When a man refuses to face a jury because he knows he's guilty, that's pretty much all that needs to be said.

People seem to feel it's some new revelation that law enforcement focuses on a suspect and thinks they are guilty during an investigation.

Your math is prolly the worst on the board ... i know it is actually ... and u proved it once again with that takeaway ... I’m not sure how anyone capable of adding 0 + 0 comes away from what happened here as “law enforcement focusing on a suspect and thinks they are guilty during an investigation” ...

Based on what i said and your response one could draw the conclusion that investigators aren’t interested in the truth and that all they care about is just getting there man regardless of where the facts lead them ... BRILLIANT!!!!

I’m not sure whats sadder ... your math or your ability to move the goalposts without even knowing u moved them ... *L* ...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 05:36 PM
And PS ... he took the plea so they didn’t hose his son like they did him ... he’s going to be a very very rich man when this is all said and done AS HE SHOULD BE after what YOUR PEEPS did to him ...

U have any clue at all how federal sentencing guidelines are structured ... hurry now go google it ... *L* ...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 05:54 PM
My peeps? You only make excuses why the man plead guilty.

Maybe you should google what the maximum sentence could have been.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 05:59 PM
U got me once again Mr. Gump ... rolleyes ...
Posted By: Riley01 Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 07:21 PM
That dude is really buzzed out on his hatred for Trump and us conservatives ...its senseless to even try having a convo with him .
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 07:26 PM
rofl

Conservatives are fine. There's nothing conservative about Trump. There's a huge difference between a conservative and a Trumpian.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: General Flynn - 05/01/20 08:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Riley01
That dude is really buzzed out on his hatred for Trump and us conservatives ...its senseless to even try having a convo with him .

Guilty until proven innocent after pleading guilty to the crime. It’s just posturing for trumps eventual pardon. Dude will always be guilty.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: General Flynn - 05/02/20 07:16 AM
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 05/02/20 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Are you saying that Flynn didn't lie?
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 06:29 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mueller...ith-court-order

Drip Drip Drip
Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 06:32 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 06:37 PM
Penicillin will clear that right up for you...

wink
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 06:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Penicillin will clearthat ride up for you...

wink

I don't care who ya are, that's funny laugh
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 07:08 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/drops-d...al-memo-release

Before all is said and done there needs to be some DOJ heads held accountable. This was a disgrace. At least he is free now.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 07:17 PM
Barr already found an excuse to get the criminal Russians off the hook and now Flynn. Trying to erase history won't change what people already know. Barr will go down in history too and it won't be pretty.
Posted By: BpG Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 07:17 PM
Mueller is coming.
We wish you a Mueller Christmas.
Posted By: BpG Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 07:25 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 07:26 PM
rofl
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 08:24 PM
thumbsup
Posted By: fishtheice Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 09:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/drops-d...al-memo-release

Before all is said and done there needs to be some DOJ heads held accountable. This was a disgrace. At least he is free now.

DOJ drops case against Michael Flynn thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/07/20 11:25 PM
The Deep State loses again! thumbsup
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 02:12 AM
Can't wait for Trump and his criminal associates to be out of the Oval so real justice can return. Flynn pled guilty... GUILTY. I just don't see how suddenly now he's not guilty. He still lied, still got caught lying. If he was innocent why did he lie? Barr is scum.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 07:18 AM
‘All Time Low’: Rep. Schiff On DOJ Move To Drop Flynn Charges | All In | MSNBC

Posted By: fishtheice Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 09:33 AM

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:20 PM PT — Thursday, May 7, 2020

Attorney General William Barr came to the Justice Department’s defense Thursday after the agency dismissed the case against General Michael Flynn. During an interview, he said it was his “duty” to drop the charges and added he wanted to “restore confidence in the system.”

Barr reaffirmed the move was not at the president’s request, but rather the “law’s bidding.”

Are you doing the president's bidding in Gen. Flynn's case?"

Attorney General William Barr: "No, I'm doing the law's bidding."pic.twitter.com/zsW8L2aGa5

— Chloe Salsameda (@ChloeSalsameda) May 7, 2020

Despite Flynn pleading guilty back in 2017 for lying to the FBI, the attorney general claimed his actions were “not a crime.”

“Well, you know, people sometimes plead to things that turn out not to be crimes,” explained Barr. “The Department of Justice is not persuaded that this was material to any legitimate counter intelligence investigation, so it was not a crime.”

He also clarified the dismissal would not impact the Russia investigation and said the Justice Department will continue to investigate other aspects of the probe.

https://www.oann.com/attorney-general-barr-a-crime-cannot-be-established-against-flynn/
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 12:08 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccabe-...llance-warrants

The whole case was a sham. And, the Steele Dossier that was from Russia was used as it's only source to get the warrants.

McCabe, Rosenstein, Comey, Strok, and Page. They should all go to jail.
Posted By: BpG Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 01:39 PM
I have a hard time believing that you can continue posting Adam Schiff. Like you are propping up someone who lies constantly while almost near constantly bemoaning the same behavior from Trump. Almost everything Adam Schiff has said in the past 4 years has turned out to be complete and utter horse [censored].
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 02:15 PM
Isn't Schiff the guy who proclaimed he had concrete evidence of Collusion?

Then neither Intel nor Mueller nor the Documents he tried to hide for so long, had any such proof.

That Schiff?

notallthere
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 02:49 PM
Isn't Schiff the guy who proclaimed he had concrete evidence of Collusion?

Then neither Intel nor Mueller nor the Documents he tried to hide for so long, had any such proof.

That Schiff?

notallthere

He is also the guy who called Russia to find out if they had dirt on Donald Trump while investigating Donald Trump on colluding with Russia supposedly trying to get dirt on Hillary Clinton.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 04:50 PM
Yes, and the Trump haters pre-occupied America with phony Russia allegations for 3 years.

Shame!
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 05:15 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 05:59 PM
I graduated boot camp to that song. Still love it to this day.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:03 PM
I remember that it was the last song of the night in every enlisted club in the US Navy. It was Last Call and lights were on if Lee Greenwood was playing
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:05 PM
Didn’t know u served Purp ... thanks for your service ... thumbsup
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:07 PM
just shy of 5 years active: Bos'n Mate 2nd class, SAR Swimmer, Assault Boat cox'n. Somalia in summer '93.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:11 PM
Ships u were stationed on?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:17 PM
first duty station was Overseas Shore, but from there I went to an LST; USS Barnstable County.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I graduated boot camp to that song. Still love it to this day.

I’ve all ready thanked u P ... at least I’m pretty sure i have ... getting old brother ... *L* ...

Thanks for your service if i haven’t ... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:20 PM
Where was your shore duty and where was the Barnstable out of?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:22 PM
NAS Bermuda (and its Annex) cool
Homeported in Little Creek, VA
Had orders to Mississippi to do what is now known as SWCC and drive 50' ocean-going cigarette boats at the time I got out.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:27 PM
Bermuda .... nice gig ... good for U dawg ... thumbsup
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:30 PM
It was an enjoyable two and a half years, for sure!
Posted By: Pdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:43 PM
Yeah, you have thanked me before. I was In naval aviation. Fighter Squadron 33 (Vf33) our of Virginia Beach. The extent of time at sea was about 3 weeks of sea quals on the USS America and a shake down cruise on the Theodore Roosevelt which was six weeks and we went to awful places like the Bahamas and New York City! lol! Also spent 3 weeks at Nellis Air Force Base (Vegas) for Red Flag. Where did you serve in the Navy?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 06:55 PM
I ran boats to the TR's stern dock for her Tiger Cruise in '91, I think. She was on her way back from the Med. 20' seas in a 40' whale boat with 73 puking civilians aboard, lol! Seas were so big that as we slid down the backside of a wave as she sat at anchor, we'd slip UNDER their stern dock! As the next wave came along, we'd slide out and up -- and my engineer and I would literally throw the next civilian across the gap to the TR, hehe!
Best of all, I didn't have to clean up the puke before next run... RHIP! wink
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 07:30 PM

Deep state my butt

Who runs the DOJ? William Barr,, who is Trumps Legal Lap Dog, William Barr.

This was a set up from the get go.

The last AG that tried to weaponize the DOJ ended up in Jail..... That's what Barr needs to have happen to himself

VOTE BLUE,,, Get the criminals out of the White House.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/08/20 09:23 PM
I know plenty of Blue voters and most of them will not be voting for Knucklehead Joe.

Better find a new candidate while Joe hides in his basement.

Anyone will do.

Please...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 01:28 AM
I don't give a damn who they vote for as long as Trump loses. And you guys trying to push this poor poor Flynn crap are full of it. Barr is a sleazy scumbag and just let Flynn off the hook for crimes. He was next to treasonous talking to the Russians and putting the fix in on our elections. AND don't give me crap about that didn't happen because it damn well did and you know it. Stone is another that should hang for treason.

When we finally rid ourselves of this orange ignorant wannabe tyrant and return law and order to the land, he and Barr will probably both go to jail unless they get a mercy pardon.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 01:55 AM
Law and order has now returned to the land as we finally got the
culprits to release the documents proving what we have been saying all along.

Deep State Attempted Coup.
Corrupt Obama Justice Department.
Lying Obama officials who said one thing for the cameras but testified under oath differently.

You have been busted and Justice is now being served.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 02:00 AM
I don't give a damn who they vote for as long as Trump loses. And you guys trying to push this poor poor Flynn crap are full of it. Barr is a sleazy scumbag and just let Flynn off the hook for crimes. He was next to treasonous talking to the Russians and putting the fix in on our elections. AND don't give me crap about that didn't happen because it damn well did and you know it. Stone is another that should hang for treason.

When we finally rid ourselves of this orange ignorant wannabe tyrant and return law and order to the land, he and Barr will probably both go to jail unless they get a mercy pardon.

I truly feel sorry for you. Living with all that hate has to be tough.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 02:32 AM
Law and order has now returned to the land as we finally got the
culprits to release the documents proving what we have been saying all along.

Deep State Attempted Coup.
Corrupt Obama Justice Department.
Lying Obama officials who said one thing for the cameras but testified under oath differently.

You have been busted and Justice is now being served.

You must of scored some mind altering drugs because NOTHING could be farther from the truth. CORRUPTION is breaking out everywhere Trump and Barr put their fingers in things. And I resent you lying and calling it justice when it's plainly a miscarriage of justice and corrupt to the core. Barr is a criminal actor for Trump now.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 02:37 AM
Sorry but we have proof. We have the Documentation.
You have lies fed to you by the Democrat Media and a corrupt Obama administration.

The falsely accused are now free and Exonerated.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 02:42 AM
You have lies fed to you by the Democrat Media and a corrupt Obama administration.

The falsely accused are now free and Exonerated.

You DO NOT HAVE PROOF, you have lies and deceit! lmao
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 02:47 AM

The Jig is up.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 02:57 AM

The Jig is up.

We have numerous obstructions of justice and documented collusion! You have nothing. Flynn pled guilty and should hang.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 10:53 AM
This type of crap just screams innocence... smh

Supreme Court grants Trump request to temporarily shield Mueller grand jury materials

The Supreme Court on Friday granted a Trump administration request to temporarily shield redacted grand jury materials related to former special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe from the Democratic-led House.

The order, signed by Chief Justice John Roberts, halts the disclosure of secret grand jury transcripts and exhibits that Democratic lawmakers had initially requested as part of the House impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

The move pushes back a lower court’s disclosure order on the materials, which was set to take effect Monday, while the justices consider the administration’s request for a longer delay.

Roberts gave the Democratic-led House Judiciary Committee until May 18 to file its response.

The administration has said it plans to formally appeal a lower court ruling that granted Democrats access to secret grand jury materials stemming from Mueller's 22-month investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Democrats say the additional information would provide a more complete picture of Mueller’s findings related to Trump’s alleged obstruction of the special counsel, as well as his 2016 campaign’s interactions with Russian government officials.

The Department of Justice, on behalf of the White House, told the justices in a stay request Thursday that breaching grand jury secrecy would have a chilling effect on future witnesses.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-bat...-to-temporarily

Trump has nothing to hide except all the evidence against him! Whew 40, yay for the grand leader! He get's around another stumbling block on his way to complete tyranny...
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 11:25 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Ive felt sorry for him for awhile now ... the hate runs so deep he doesn’t even see it ... its not healthy ...
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 12:16 PM
I know plenty of Blue voters and most of them will not be voting for Knucklehead Joe.

Better find a new candidate while Joe hides in his basement.

Anyone will do.

Please...

I don't believe you know anyone blue.... Seriously, All of them would have kicked you to the curb by now.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 01:12 PM

Ive felt sorry for him for awhile now ... the hate runs so deep he doesn’t even see it ... its not healthy ...

I agree. To have that much hate built up. I feel sorry for him also. He needs to seek help.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 01:23 PM
What you trump concubines forget is for many of us trump is so loathsome he’s easy to hate. It takes no energy to fully despise such an awful human.
I don’t have to even think about it. Or exert any energy. It’s just natural for anyone that can see him for what he is. A fraud of a human. You all act like it’s hard, or takes effort.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 03:02 PM
It takes hatred ... hatred is not healthy no matter how easy it comes ... u oughta know that ..

I loathed O as much as y’all do Trump but i never hated the guy and gave him credit when i thought he did something good ...

trump brings thousands of jobs back to this country and y’all can’t even give him credit for that ... y’all argue its an extension of O’s economy .. u have any clue how stupid it is to to think that for those of us that have an ounce of business sense ... There’s a reason the market took off election night ... I actually gave O credit for his limp along economy ... thats what it was ...

He’s given more money to historically black colleges than O did ... he has created opportunity zones that are bringing jobs back to the inner cities to help all the unfortunate folks living in those situations ... he got the first step act through .... ZERO CREDIT FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE ...

Its one thing to dislike him like i did O ... its another thing to hate trump so much u can not give him credit for anything ... U have to IGNORE an awful lot to not give Trump credit for many things he’s done .... U can’t even be intellectually honest when it comes to him ... and your proud of being a closed minded bigot ... something y’all say u hate and fight against ...
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 03:42 PM
You may have not liked President Obama’s policies but he wasn’t a trash human.
trump is garbage. A lying, cheating, scumbag of a human. I don’t like his policies but I loathe him as a human. Have since he made my skin crawl in the 80’s. I may have been a teen but I could see him for the snake he was, and still is.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 05:19 PM
You still haven't figured out who the deep state is have you? Let me give you a hint. You supported it with your vote in 2016 and it seems you plan to do it again.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 05:22 PM
I loathed O as much as y’all do Trump but i never hated the guy

rofl

And then you spend a bunch of time making excuses why you support a man who makes you all look like fools.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 06:28 PM
Quote:
And then you spend a bunch of time making excuses why you support a man who makes you all look like fools.

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 06:46 PM
Aww, I feel so warm and fuzzy knowing all these board GOPers feel sorry for me and are worried my hate for Trump is bad for my health... smfh

If you guys really feel that way, vote his ass out and save my life.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 06:52 PM

I agree. To have that much hate built up. I feel sorry for him also. He needs to seek help.

Now they are zeroing in on Obama. If they prove O was dirty someone will have to throw a net on OCD and other lefties on here.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 06:56 PM
I 1000% dare Trump to go after Obama legally. I love the site of pitchforks in the morning. Lying whiny GOPer idiots and their conspiracy theory excuses.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 07:04 PM
I 1000% dare Trump to go after Obama legally. I love the site of pitchforks in the morning. Lying whiny GOPer idiots and their conspiracy theory excuses.

Oh Trump will for sure go after Obama i there is anything there. Trump and GOPERS are not afraid of Liberals and I doubt they have many pitch forks..
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 07:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Oh Trump will for sure go after Obama i there is anything there. Trump and GOPERS are not afraid of Liberals and I doubt they have many pitch forks..

You have no idea how outnumbered you are and how much smarter the other side is because ignorance is bliss.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 07:12 PM
Quote:
Trump and GOPERS are not afraid of Liberals and I doubt they have many pitch forks..

Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 07:12 PM

You have no idea how outnumbered you are and how much smarter the other side is because ignorance is bliss.

Out numbered by soccer moms and people jammed together in inner cities. East and West coast sissys. PFFT
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 07:33 PM
Skeptical judge could hold up Trump administration's bid to clear Flynn, legal experts say
Jan Wolfe
4 MIN READ

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The notoriously independent-minded federal judge who once said he was disgusted by the conduct of Michael Flynn could block the administration’s bid to drop criminal charges against the former adviser to President Donald Trump, legal experts said.

The Department of Justice on Thursday told U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in Washington it wants to drop the case against Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, following a pressure campaign by the Republican president and his political allies.

While judges typically sign off on such motions, Sullivan could refuse and instead demand answers from the DOJ about who requested the sudden about-face, said Seth Waxman, a former federal prosecutor now at the law firm Dickinson Wright.

“If Judge Sullivan wanted to he could conduct an inquiry and start asking a lot of questions,” said Waxman.

Flynn, a retired Army lieutenant general who served as an adviser to Trump during the 2016 election campaign, had been seeking to withdraw his 2017 guilty plea in which he admitted to lying to the FBI about interactions with Russia’s ambassador to the United States in the weeks before Trump took office.

Flynn’s lawyers, both in court and in public, had argued that he was ambushed as part of a plot by biased investigators and that the case should be dismissed. Trump said in March that he was considering a pardon for Flynn.

The Justice Department said in a court filing on Thursday it is no longer persuaded that the FBI’s January 2017 interview with Flynn that led to the charges was conducted with a “legitimate investigative basis” and does not think Flynn’s statements were “material even if untrue.”

While the judge still has to rule on the submission, elated supporters of Flynn said there was no way Sullivan could force the department to prosecute if it did not want to. But the judge could stop Flynn from withdrawing his guilty plea and impose sentence. In that case, Trump could pardon Flynn.

The judge is unlikely to sign off on the request as a pro forma matter, said Channing Phillips, the former acting U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia during the Obama administration, adding that with Sullivan “nothing is pro forma.”

“I can guarantee you, he is going to question the prosecutors,” Phillips said in a phone interview. “He is going to want to understand exactly the basis for this motion ... You have a new attorney general. You have a new U.S. attorney. You have new prosecutors who take a different position. But the facts haven’t changed.”

Sullivan, 72, was appointed to the federal bench in 1994 by former Democratic President Bill Clinton and is known for an independent streak, often delivering strong rebukes of conduct he views as unjust.

In 2009, Sullivan excoriated the Justice Department over its high-profile corruption prosecution of former Senator Ted Stevens, saying prosecutors had concealed evidence in their quest to secure the Alaska senator’s conviction.

Sullivan has shown no such sympathy for the defense in the Flynn case, however.

“I am not hiding my disgust, my disdain for this criminal offense,” the judge said at a December 2018 hearing.

“Arguably,” Sullivan told Flynn, “you sold your country out.”
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/09/20 08:42 PM
Boom? ... interesting ...

What’d i say that wasn’t true ... please tell me what i said that isn’t true ... I’ll make it easy for u ...

- i said he brought back thousands of jobs ... it actually tens of thousands ... is that not a fact? ... u may not like the ways he accomplished but fact is he’s brought back tens of thousands of jobs ..

- was O’s not a limp a long economy? ... did the market not surge the day after the election ... why was that? ..

- did he not give historically black colleges more money than ever before more than making up for O’s cuts ... not 100% O cut there funding but I’m pretty sure ...

- is he not creating equal opportunity zones all over the country in inner cities that have no jobs in them ... is that a lie or is it an excuse for something?

- did he not pass the first step act ... something O, Bush nor Clinto could get passed ... thats 24 years of failure to start correcting some of the flaws in our penal system ...

Please tell me what of the above is not true or is an excuse for something ...

Other than the fact i stated 100% facts and made zero excuses for Mr. President Pit nailed it ... great job Pit .. rolleyes
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/10/20 01:23 AM

- was O’s not a limp a long economy? ...

See - facts don't matter no matter how many dozens times I post them.

I don't know about the rest of the items - but this one here - Trumps economy and Obama's were on virtually IDENTICAL trajectories. F.A.C.T proven with D.A.T.A .... the same data for each president not some single day or week or whackadoodle manipulation. But yeah ... I know #factsdontmatter
Posted By: fishtheice Re: General Flynn - 05/10/20 11:41 AM
May 10, 2020

January 5, 2017: A Day that Should Live in Infamy

By Clarice Feldman

This week saw two major legal developments: The government withdrew its prosecution of General Michael Flynn and the transcripts of the secret basement depositions by the Schiff House Committee on Intelligence were finally made public. Altogether they show a scandalous miscarriage of justice and media malpractice, which continues to this day, instigated by Barack Obama.

1. The Flynn Case

This week the Department of Justice announced that it was withdrawing its prosecution case against General Flynn. Former president Obama leaked his talking points to the ever-compliant press flacks and former officials, claiming that there was no precedent for such a dismissal, a claim that was false, to which he added another falsehood -- that Flynn had been charged with perjury.

Having the new script in hand, this nonsense was repeated ad nauseam on TV, some press, and the new media.

Law Professor Jonathan Turley swatted it back. (I urge you to clip and save this because this echo chamber may well have convinced those with whom you are related or converse with and it will come in handy.):

Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley

President Obama is being quoted on Flynn, saying, "There is no precedent that anybody can find for someone who has been charged with perjury just getting off scot-free." It is a curious statement. First and foremost, Flynn was not charged with perjury...

Second, we now know Obama discussed charging Flynn under the Logan Act which has never been used successfully to convict anyone and is flagrantly unconstitutional. Third, this reaffirms reports that Obama was personally invested in this effort. Finally, there is precedent.

There is a specific rule allowing for this motion under Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 48(a). There are specific Supreme Court cases like Rinaldi v. United States addressing the standard for such dismissals....

The Justice Department has dismissed cases in the past including the Stevens case. That was requested by President Obama's own Attorney General Eric Holder for the same reason: misconduct by prosecutors. It was done before the same judge, Judge Sullivan. How is that for precedent?

Once again, Obama makes a statement about law which is demonstrably false. In fact, not once to my recalling has he ever made a statement about the law that is correct.

As to the facts, you simply cannot count on media reports, so I will link for you the Government’s Motion to withdraw the case.

As you read it you will see that once specially appointed U.S. Attorney Jeff Jensen finally found the documents long hidden from the defense and court in the bowels of the FBI and DoJ, the government had little choice but to withdraw the case.

A number of analyses -- by people who do know enough not to simply rewrite Obama press dictation -- provide an accurate and chilling account of the persecution of Flynn. The Wall Street Journal’s Kimberley Strassel and the Federalist’s Margot Cleveland certainly provided the most accurate and readable of the accounts.

Strassel reminds us that the scandal had two parts. The “indefensible probe of the Trump campaign,” and Robert Mueller’s coverup of the Bureau’s wrongdoing. I urge you to read the entire article. Here are the highlights, which are well documented.

1. “According to Justice department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, the FBI knew by January 2017 that the dossier’s primary Russian source had disavowed the allegations and the FBI has failed to validate a single claim.”

2. The government earlier this year admitted to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that applications “which spanned Mr. Mueller’s appointment and the [Rosenstein] scoping memo” lacked probable cause and should never have been made. The Mueller tasking memo gave him authority to investigate “abuses of ancient or rarely enforced laws” and “potential crimes” never or rarely enforced.

3. Former FBI director James Comey leaked his memo of conversations with the president specifically to force the appointment of a special counsel to hide his own “egregious errors.” “The Mueller probe -- led by the very people who had made those errors -- then spent two years ‘investigating’ bogus or derivative claims, keeping secrets, and giving the escapade a fiction of legitimacy.”

Margot Cleveland provides a clear timeline of the events in the Flynn case. It shows, among other things, how the Obama administration played the media to achieve its goals of getting Flynn and Attorney General Jeff Sessions out of their way to carry out their coup attempt. Among her key points are these:

Documents recently (and very tardily) turned over by the government support Flynn’s claim that his guilty plea had been coerced by threats to prosecute his son. The evidence demonstrates that the FBI agents who interviewed him did not believe Flynn had lied to them about a conversation with the Russian ambassador, which in any case was a perfectly legal transition team communication. But had he, in any event, done so, the relevant statute requires that the lie, to be prosecutable, had to be material. It was not and could not have possibly influenced the conversation. Unsealed documents also reveal that there was no basis whatsoever for the interview. As Cleveland says, “There was no legitimate ongoing investigation at the time of the interview.” It was, in fact, what is known as a “perjury trap,” a trap that the documents reveal was at the direction of the top officials of the FBI (“the 7th floor”).

She explains what a “perjury trap” is: “the government’s use of its investigatory powers to secure a perjury indictment on materials which are neither material nor germane to a legitimate ongoing investigation.” (As an example, if the FBI is investigating a car stolen last night and you are asked where you spent Christmas in 2015 and you lie about that, it really isn’t material to the car theft case.) Sometimes this may be difficult to establish, but it isn’t here because it was in the Director of the FBI Counterintelligence Division Bill Priestap’s own handwriting.

Professor Cleveland details, as well, the special counsel and prosecutors’ repeated violations of Judge Emmet Sullivan’s order to timely provide all exculpatory material to the defendant. These materials were provided only after the attorney general’s designee Jensen found them.

Not least of the government’s problems with pursuing this case is the obvious failure to turn over the 302 summary, the notes of the agents who interviewed Flynn. (302s are an archaic method of retaining interview notes and should be replaced with video recordings, as they are always ripe for mischief and inaccurate reporting.) In this case, they weren’t turned over because Lisa Page and Peter Strzok substantially revised them, “changing the content and context of Flynn’s statements and making it appear than Flynn had lied when he had not.”

And now to January 5, 2017. Mollie Hemingway at the Federalist ties the Flynn case dismissal to the Obama White House meeting on January 5, 2017.

“It was at this meeting,” she writes, “that Obama gave guidance to key officials who would be tasked with protecting his administration’s utilization of secretly funded Clinton campaign research, which alleged Trump was involved in a treasonous plot to collude with Russia, from being discovered or stopped by the incoming administration.”

To advance this goal, her timeline reveals that on January 5 Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, FBI head James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Joe Biden, and Susan Rice met with Obama in the Oval Office. Afterwards, Yates and Comey were asked to stay and Obama “gave his guidance about how to perpetuate the Russian collusion theory investigations,” mentioning Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador. In so doing, it’s clear that he had independently surveilled those telephonic communications. Clapper, Comey, and Yates all denied briefing him about those. (It’s clear there was another source of his information -- likely British intelligence illegally looped into the spying on Trump operation.)

On January 6, Comey gave a misleading briefing to the incoming president on “Russian interference,” telling him he was doing so “because CNN was looking for any reason it could find to publish a story about Russia having compromising information on him, and he wanted to warn him about it.”

Four days later CNN published the Russia claims “after a high-level Obama intelligence officer leaked” the fact of the Comey briefing. It was their handle, “credulously accepted by CNN reporters Evan Perez, Jim Sciutto, Jake Tapper, and Carl Bernstein.” A trick to legitimize the fake dossier and promote a lie that Russia was blackmailing Trump.

Days later, someone else leaked to David Ignatius (Washington Post) that Flynn was being investigated for a Logan Act violation, and he gobbled at the same rancid kind of bait that CNN had.

Leaks to the similarly credulous Ellen Nakashima and Greg Miller (Washington Post) were used to mislead Flynn into believing he was no longer being targeted, as Comey manipulated Flynn the next day into a perjury trap interview. The plotters were still unable to achieve their goal of getting Flynn out of their way. This conducting of selective leaks to an adoring, credulous press continued until Flynn had been fired. By mid-May Sessions had recused himself from oversight after Comey was fired -- also with press assistance. That evolved into Mueller’s special counsel role, a role incompetently performed by a seemingly cognitively impaired but tall, well-coiffed man whom they apparently thought would add a touch of legitimacy to a monstrously corrupt enterprise.

In sum, the January 5 plot was a success. “[T]here was no longer any chance of Trump loyalists discovering what Obama holdovers at the FBI were doing to get Trump thrown out of office.”

If you still cling to the slightest notion of Russian collusion, this week, despite Congressman Adam Schiff’s bottling up the transcripts of the basement secret depositions taken long ago, they were finally released.

Schiff lied about the information gleaned in these depositions for over two years. So did other official confederates of the Obama administration and their media buddies. You can see for yourself. Under oath, every one of them swore they had no credible evidence of any “Russian collusion” with the Trump campaign.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles..._in_infamy.html
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/10/20 02:14 PM
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
May 10, 2020

By Clarice Feldman

This week saw two major legal developments: The government withdrew its prosecution of General Michael Flynn and the transcripts of the secret basement depositions by the Schiff House Committee on Intelligence were finally made public. Altogether they show a scandalous miscarriage of justice and media malpractice, which continues to this day, instigated by Barack Obama.

OBAMAGATE !!!
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/10/20 02:20 PM
May 10, 2020

By Clarice Feldman

OBAMAGATE !!!

Drip!Drip!Drip!!!!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/10/20 03:36 PM
Oh how cute! The GOPers think they found a scandal... Hillary's emails! Pffft... Obamagate! lmao Now prosecuting actual criminals is a bad thing... the GOPers know no low too low to go. Barr is human scum. Trump is a lying narcissistic slob that is trying to will himself into becoming king. The circle smirk crew would do just about anything to help him...
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: General Flynn - 05/10/20 07:00 PM
j/c

I don't understand how anyone can not be appalled, disgusted and maybe even frightened after spending at least 3 minutes researching the Flynn case.

Framed, set-up and extorted. That happened. Whether one is a Trump supporter or hater shouldn't matter. What "they" did to that guy is made-for-TV-movie unbelievable.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 12:25 AM
May 10, 2020

By Clarice Feldman

OBAMAGATE !!!

Drip!Drip!Drip!!!!

At least they don’t have a clogging problem.

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 06:19 AM
Satire from The Borowitz Report
Bill Barr Tests Negative for Integrity
By Andy Borowitz
May 8, 2020

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a test result that he called “a tremendous relief,” the Attorney General, Bill Barr, has tested negative for integrity, Barr confirmed on Friday. Barr submitted to the test after learning that he had come into contact with career Justice Department prosecutors who were found to be integrity carriers.

“When I learned that there were still people at the Justice Department with integrity, I was understandably furious,” Barr told reporters. “I told them to go home at once.”
Barr said that he was putting into place new protocols that would require Justice Department employees to be tested for integrity before entering the building.

“I thought that anyone with integrity had already left the Justice Department, but apparently I was mistaken,” he said. “It’s better to be safe than sorry.”
Although he was elated to learn that he had tested negative for integrity, Barr said that he shuddered to think how close he came to contracting the dreaded virtue.

“Having integrity would have made it impossible for me to work for President Trump,” he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz...c9ljUwHG646sjLI
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 12:27 PM
Watching TV today, they had a clip of Mike Pence saying that Flynn lied to him and the President did the right thing.

That was back in January of 2017.

Fast forward to Last Friday, Pence says It's the FBI's fault. He would welcome Flynn back into to the admin.

Pence is just as bad a liar as Trump...
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 03:02 PM
Why do libs believe the left media? Because they want to. They don't care about truth.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020...f-ag-bill-barr/

Todd: You brought up Bill Barr. Peggy Noonan, I want you to listen to this Bill Barr answer to a question about what will history say about this. Wait until you hear this answer. Take a listen.

[Clip from CBS begins]

Herridge: When history looks back on this decision, how do you think it will be written?

Barr: Well, history is written by the winners, so it largely depends on who’s writing the history.

[Clip from CBS ends]

Todd: I was struck, Peggy, by the cynicism of the answer. It’s a correct answer, but he’s the attorney general. He didn’t make the case that he was upholding the rule of law. He was almost admitting that, yeah, this is a political job.

Here is the transcript from CBS, showing that Barr specifically addressed the rule of law (altered for format, and emphasis added):

Herridge: When history looks back on this decision, how do you think it will be written? What will it say about your decision making?

Barr: Well, history is written by the winner. So it largely depends on who’s writing the history. But I think a fair history would say that it was a good decision because it upheld the rule of law. It helped, it upheld the standards of the Department of Justice, and it undid what was an injustice.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Watching TV today, they had a clip of Mike Pence saying that Flynn lied to him and the President did the right thing.

That was back in January of 2017.

Fast forward to Last Friday, Pence says It's the FBI's fault. He would welcome Flynn back into to the admin.

Pence is just as bad a liar as Trump...

In January of 2017 we/he were not privy to the details of the FBIs actions with Flynn.

That makes for a completely different story...and a completely different opinion of Flynn's plea..now that the dirty-play has been exposed.

But Pence is a liar... rolleyes

Are you aware of the numerous Obama henchpeople who said one thing under oath (or recorded govt conversation) and then said a completely different story to the clowns at CNN/MSNBC? How about Adam Schiff and his "in plain site evidence". Those people are the liars.

A guy changing his opinion on a suspect's guilty plea after the set-up and extortion is exposed is nowhere near a lie.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 05:06 PM
So Flynn lies to the vice president which isn't a crime so Trump fires him. Flynn lies to the FBI which is most certainly a crime, pleads guilty to it and both Barr and Trump says it isn't a crime and he was "tricked into lying".

rofl
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 05:28 PM
May 10, 2020

By Clarice Feldman

OBAMAGATE !!!

I see where President Trump tweeted OBAMAGATE!!! this morning.

I swear he reads my posts. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 05:38 PM
Parrots have small brains but say exactly the same things.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 07:14 PM
So Flynn lies to the vice president which isn't a crime so Trump fires him. Flynn lies to the FBI which is most certainly a crime, pleads guilty to it and both Barr and Trump says it isn't a crime and he was "tricked into lying".

rofl

It would appear that you are woefully uninformed of what has recently been exposed in the Flynn matter.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: General Flynn - 05/11/20 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Why do libs believe the left media? Because they want to. They don't care about truth.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020...f-ag-bill-barr/

Todd: You brought up Bill Barr. Peggy Noonan, I want you to listen to this Bill Barr answer to a question about what will history say about this. Wait until you hear this answer. Take a listen.

[Clip from CBS begins]

Herridge: When history looks back on this decision, how do you think it will be written?

Barr: Well, history is written by the winners, so it largely depends on who’s writing the history.

[Clip from CBS ends]

Todd: I was struck, Peggy, by the cynicism of the answer. It’s a correct answer, but he’s the attorney general. He didn’t make the case that he was upholding the rule of law. He was almost admitting that, yeah, this is a political job.

Here is the transcript from CBS, showing that Barr specifically addressed the rule of law (altered for format, and emphasis added):

Herridge: When history looks back on this decision, how do you think it will be written? What will it say about your decision making?

Barr: Well, history is written by the winner. So it largely depends on who’s writing the history. But I think a fair history would say that it was a good decision because it upheld the rule of law. It helped, it upheld the standards of the Department of Justice, and it undid what was an injustice.

Wait. They altered, or left out stuff?

Seriously? The same news agency that, investigating GM pickups and fires, tested, over and over, trying to get a gm truck to explode into fire, and failed to do so by the way. Failed so bad, they ended up rigging a rocket engine (the kind many kids had to launch a back yard rocket) to the gas tank to prove a point? They failed, as video shows. The fire started before any collision.

The same news agency that lied about W?

The same news agency that has lied since forever?

George and Treyvon, and the altering and editing of the audio to make George look bad?

Are you telling me that NBC edited comments to make someone they don't like look bad?

That can't be. All we have to do is look at.............oh, wait. Yup, they do suck as a news source.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 06:49 AM

OBAMAGATE !!!

Obama's Bloodiest Scandal Reemerges as Mexico Demands an Apology for Operation Fast and Furious

@KatiePavlich

Posted: May 11, 2020

The Mexican government is still waiting for an apology for Operation Fast and Furious, an illegal and secret gun running scheme implemented during the Obama administration.

"Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said his government would send a diplomatic note to Washington for information on the 2009-2011 operation known as ‘Fast and Furious,’ a topic that has resurfaced in recent days amid a debate over historic U.S.-Mexico cooperation on security and possible corruption under previous administrations," Reuters reports.

During the operation from 2009-2010, thousands of AK-47s, .50 caliber rifles and other weapons were purposely allowed by ATF and Department of Justice officials to be purchased illegally by straw buyers at gun stores in the United States and trafficked over the border into Mexico. ATF officials sat by as thousands of guns "walked." They argued this was done to trace weapons to the upper echelons of Mexican cartels, but out of thousands of firearms, only two were rigged with GPS devices that died within hours of crossing the border.

On December 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, a former police officer and U.S. Marine, was shot and killed while on a BORTAC mission near Rio Rico, Arizona. The weapons left at the scene were obtained through Operation Fast and Furious.

Terry's family has been repeatedly lied to about the circumstances of his death. ATF and DOJ officials moved quickly to cover up the scandal behind how his murderers got their guns.

It wasn't until Terry was killed that knowledge of the program came into public view. ATF agent John Dodson, who opposed the operation internally, became the first whistleblower to speak out.

The Mexican government was also left in the dark as thousands of guns were used to kill hundreds of civilians. A .50 caliber rifle from the program, a weapon often used by Mexican cartels to take down helicopters, was found in drug kingpin El Chapo's hideout.

A report from 2011, released by then House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, showed "ATF and DOJ 'failed to share crucial details of the Operation Fast and Furious with either their own employees stationed in Mexico or representatives of the Government of Mexico.' Specifically, personnel in Arizona denied ATF agents working in Mexico information directly related to their jobs and everyday operations."

In June 2012, Eric Holder became the first sitting attorney general to be voted in civil and criminal contempt by the House of Representatives for refusing to turn over documents related to the case. Despite memos addressed to directly to Holder about the operation, Holder repeatedly claimed he learned about it in the news. President Obama also claimed not to have knowledge of the operation despite making gun trafficking to Mexico a top priority. White House National Security Adviser Kevin O'Reilly was also briefed regularly on the operation by senior ATF officials in the Phoenix field office.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli...urious-n2568565
Posted By: mac Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 01:03 PM
JCing...

WHY are RWers so in love with Russia and Putin?

Trump and the GOP are going to do all they can to convince voters that Putin and Russia are the GOP's "GOOD GUYS" and if they helped to get Trump elected...that's ok and the Russians should not be held responsible for their interference into America's election process.

Trump, Barr and Moscow Mitch will attempt to re-write the history books, by claiming Russia and Putin did not deserve the sanctions enacted by the Obama administration.

Remember this, if Russia could, they would attack the USA and attempt to defeat the United States by using technology to render the USA's Nuclear Arsenal "inoperable" and no longer a threat to "the GOP's MOTHER RUSSIA".

There is no doubt that Trump admires the Russian dictator, Vladimir Putin. Trump admires Putin's power and wealth as "the dictator" of Russia and sees himself as a Putin follower, ready to sell America down the river for a chance to be selected as one of Putin's underlings.

How long will " the GOP's support a PRO RUSSIA agenda that allows Donald Trump to control and dictate the GOPs future under the RWings guru, Vladimir Putin ?

You ready to support and salute Vladimir Putin's agenda to act as the USA's "NEW LEADER"?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 01:56 PM
I'm almost afraid to click some of the links you post for fear of the hackers exploiting GOPer fears... This sites claims to be the number one source for conservative media for the last 25 years in their VIP 'fund us' pitch... then there are links to other media family sites that are basically more of the same tripe in different wrappers plastered all over the lower page banner. Just hate and propaganda against the left. It really is no wonder GOPers are so jaded to any factual reporting.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 02:00 PM
The Republican party under Trump has abandoned all of its morals and principles it may have had in its previous incarnations. This is now a party of fear mongering idiots lead by a fear mongering idiot that would all be more than happy to hide under the skirt of mother Russia. Reagan is rolling in his grave and if he could still sign the form would become a dem or independent immediately.
Posted By: mac Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 02:08 PM
You "Moscow Mitch lovers", now is the time to come clean and admit your support for the GOP's Putin agenda.

If you are a Republican, this is your opportunity "to SHINE" and pledge your support for Trump/Putin/and the GOP agenda that believes Putin and Russia are just "Republican Good Guys", wrongly labeled by the Obama administration.

So, what do you Republicans say...your Pledge of Allegiance to the GOP's Mother Russia and Vladimir Putin...OR A PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ?

Can't have it both ways, gop boys and girls...time to choose...you either support the Trump agenda that believes Vladimir and Russia are "GOP Good Guys"...or you support The USA.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 02:21 PM
Bro I know you mean well but you can't effectively attack their patriotism to open their eyes because they have sold their souls in effort to support Trump's presidency. Nothing matters, there are no norms or standards that can change that. They've watched fascism and white supremacy rise. They've watched their guy kotow to Putin live on TV in Helsinki. They've perverted justice in the courts and the Senate. They've propagandized the news cycles and shouted down, denied, attacked, and demonized truth tellers and whistle blowers. There is literally NO LOW they will not go to in order to provide their sycophantic support for Trump.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: mac
You "Moscow Mitch lovers", now is the time to come clean and admit your support for the GOP's Putin agenda.

If you are a Republican, this is your opportunity "to SHINE" and pledge your support for Trump/Putin/and the GOP agenda that believes Putin and Russia are just "Republican Good Guys", wrongly labeled by the Obama administration.

So, what do you Republicans say...your Pledge of Allegiance to the GOP's Mother Russia and Vladimir Putin...OR A PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ?

Can't have it both ways, gop boys and girls...time to choose...you either support the Trump agenda that believes Vladimir and Russia are "GOP Good Guys"...or you support The USA.

We should have a contest to see who is the wackiest lefty on here.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/12/20 11:48 PM
Quote:

Start a thread.

We could simultaneously use all the answers from the red hat crowd to determine the who's the dimmest of Dolt45's line of 15W bulbs.
Posted By: BpG Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 03:47 PM
Absolutely shocking...

Posted By: oobernoober Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 04:54 PM
I wouldn't say shocking. More disappointing than anything. I mean, who is shocked whenever a politician lies nowadays?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 04:56 PM
I don't have a WSJ subscription, but does the article fully track with what the title is saying? Also, why is this only being published in the Opinion section?
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 05:00 PM
Did I just hear that a Judge put the Brakes on the whole Flynn case dismissal?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 05:17 PM
BARR BLOCKED Judge refuses to drop charges against Michael Flynn for lying to FBI so that DoJ’s decision can be challenged

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11610245/us-judge-michael-flynn-exoneration-on-hold/
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 06:48 PM
Quote:

Start a thread.

We could simultaneously use all the answers from the red hat crowd to determine the who's the dimmest of Dolt45's line of 15W bulbs.

Don't worry . You would rank right up there with the best of them.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 07:20 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
j/c

I don't understand how anyone can not be appalled, disgusted and maybe even frightened after spending at least 3 minutes researching the Flynn case.

Framed, set-up and extorted. That happened. Whether one is a Trump supporter or hater shouldn't matter. What "they" did to that guy is made-for-TV-movie unbelievable.

List of officials who sought to 'unmask' Flynn released: Biden, Comey, Obama chief of staff among them

The document comes just a day after Biden told ABC News’ “Good Morning America” that he knew “nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn,” and called the topic a “diversion” from the coronavirus pandemic.

Biden was pressed again, and clarified: “I thought you asked me whether or not I had anything to do with him being prosecuted. I’m sorry. ... I was aware that there was—that they asked for an investigation, but that’s all I know about it, and I don’t think anything else.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grenell...iefs-among-them
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 07:32 PM
Obamagate! - another 'Much Ado about Nothing' stinker from the party who brought you the worst President ever and allows him to commit crimes on the regular... rolleyes

Damanshot is right, this is nothing but a distraction from Trump's inept failures as the pandemic POTUS. Maybe we will at least be able to stop investigations into Hillary's emails now...
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 07:33 PM
ObamaBidengate!!!
Posted By: mac Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 07:40 PM

Oh Dawgduty...you still don't get it...

The source of most of the Trump/GOP problems can be traced back to their love and support of Russia and Putin. When Americans fail to consider Trump's end game and what he is trying to do for Russia.

Do you even understand what kind of threat Russia is to the USA?

This might be news for you, but Russia is not a friend of the USA.

Just take a bit of time to think about it...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 07:42 PM
LMAO, Did you see Trump, after all the tweets about how bad Obamagate is and being worse than Watergate, get pressed for the specific crime he was accusing Obama of commiting and he had nothing! Nada, zip, zilch! He got called out and is stupid about this too! Then gets mad at the press for embarrassing him! lmfao... legacy of a fool and the fools who elected him.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 08:12 PM

Oh Dawgduty...you still don't get it...

The source of most of the Trump/GOP problems can be traced back to their love and support of Russia and Putin. When Americans fail to consider Trump's end game and what he is trying to do for Russia.

Do you even understand what kind of threat Russia is to the USA?

This might be news for you, but Russia is not a friend of the USA.

"The 80's called and they want their foreign policy back"

I'd do it in my best Obama voice but...
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 08:38 PM
LMAO, Did you see Trump, after all the tweets about how bad Obamagate is and being worse than Watergate, get pressed for the specific crime he was accusing Obama of commiting and he had nothing! Nada, zip, zilch! He got called out and is stupid about this too! Then gets mad at the press for embarrassing him! lmfao... legacy of a fool and the fools who elected him.

It's funny get sad to see how easily you guys get unhinged when it doesn't go your way lol. I do applaud your comedic sense in the ironic sig talking about anti-intellectualism.

First, you can't be convicted of lying unless the statements were made under Oath or on an affidavit. When's the last time you heard of someone who was convicted of murder who said they didn't do it also being convicted of "lying"? It doesn't happen. I'd say we could set aside that it appears his Miranda Rights were violated but, it's kind of a biggie...

Second, the legal fees bankrupted Flynn. He couldn't afford to continue to fight the process. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor... especially when they are threatening to harass and extort your children.

Third, you assume pleading guilty to lying means he lied.

How many of you have gotten a speeding ticket, plead guilty/responsible or whatever to a lesser charge of something like "Improper Speedomoter/Equipment"? just because you plead guilty to faulty equipment doesn't mean there was anything wrong with your car....

Here's a suggestion, take it or leave it.

IF Trump is so stupid, and so corrupt, and dirty, and everything he does is illegal.... why not just play it straight? On the facts? Why keep tossing aside Due Process and legitimate investigative work? Why do you guys keep creating more work and more problems for yourselves? Take for example the impeachment.

Why did you guys try to impeach him on such a steaming, worthless lump of crap that the House sent up? There was nothing factual there. Why try to oust him on that when according to you and others the Mueller investigation revealed what, was it 7 or 10, blatant and obvious instances where Trump unlawfully obstructed the investigation.

I know that the DOJ didn't indict claiming a rule about a sitting President. That's really neither here nor there.

But Schiff and Pelosi literally could have taken the Mueller report, used a bright yellow Highlighter to highlight those 7 or 10 obvious instances of criminal conduct and marched that over to the Senate.

At the very least the Impeachment vote from the House would have been based on something concrete and valid. Instead all they did was cheapen that institutional process.

Anywho, it looks like we know what this elections October surprise is going to be... multiple indictments nanner nanner nanner
Posted By: Swish Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 08:40 PM
you mean the same kind of hissy fits yall threw when republican led investigations couldnt find jack on hillary to charge her with?

dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 08:47 PM
James Clapper on TV in almost every appearance AFTER he testified ... it was Russian collusion ...
James Clapper’s testimony ... i saw no evidence of collusion between anyone with the trump campaign and Russia ...

Adam Schiff on tv long after the initial hearings ... WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE of collusion between the trump campaign and Russia to swing the election ...
EVERYONE WHO TESTIFIED IN FRONT OF ADAM ... we have seen no evidence of RUSSIA collusion ...

THATS THERE WORDS ... your hatred runs so deep ... its very unhealthy ... FOR ALL U ..

Good god man ... and u think Trump lies ... your boys make trump look like Honest Abe ... thumbsup
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I don't know about the rest of the items - but this one here - Trumps economy and Obama's were on virtually IDENTICAL trajectories. F.A.C.T proven with D.A.T.A .... the same data for each president not some single day or week or whackadoodle manipulation. But yeah ... I know #factsdontmatter

I seem to recall how pissed off everyone including Obama was that Trump was undoing regulations that Obama had put in place. Like, he was undoing a lot and some even accused him of doing it out of spite or racism.

So... if Obama enacted regulations that were good for the economy, and Trump removes them, logic would first suggest that the economy would take a down turn as a result.

Now having removed them Trump can only do 1 of 2 things:

1)not enact his own regulations which should result in a poorly performing economy. But the economy continued to outperform even Obama's expectations of growth so no Trump regulations would mean Obama's regulations weren't as positive as once believed.

Trump gets credit then for removing Obama's handicaps

or

2) Trump removes Obama regulations and replaces them with his own. I think it's obvious who logic would credit in that scenario.

OR are we to believe that Trump didn't remove any Obama regs and that Trump, the media and all the critics were lying about what Trump was doing?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
you mean the same kind of hissy fits yall threw when republican led investigations couldnt find jack on hillary to charge her with?

dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

They did find dirt on Hillary. In fact, for the first 10 minutes of Comey's testimony even the liberal lawyers thought Hillary was going to be indicted. It wasn't until Comey pulled a Bill Clinton "definition of is" and re-defined the Federal Statute and said gross negligence required intent that people got upset.

Negligence doesn't require intent. That's why they call it negligence LOL. If you run a red light and kill someone, you are guilty of NEGLIGENT homicide. Why? Because you were careless in running the red light, but didn't INTEND to kill that guy. If you did INTEND to do it, they don't call it negligence, they call it murder. Either way, you still get charged because someone was killed.

A legitimate criticism of that debacle would actually be why she hasn't been indicted since there has been a change at the DOJ? It's not like she's protected by a statute of limitations.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 09:00 PM
James Clapper on TV in almost every appearance AFTER he testified ... it was Russian collusion ...
James Clapper’s testimony ... i saw no evidence of collusion between anyone with the trump campaign and Russia ...

Adam Schiff on tv long after the initial hearings ... WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE of collusion between the trump campaign and Russia to swing the election ...
EVERYONE WHO TESTIFIED IN FRONT OF ADAM ... we have seen no evidence of RUSSIA collusion ...

THATS THERE WORDS ... your hatred runs so deep ... its very unhealthy ... FOR ALL U ..

Good god man ... and u think Trump lies ... your boys make trump look like Honest Abe ... thumbsup

Speaking of Adam... does anyone know what the concrete evidence he said he had on Trump was? He didn't bother to include it in the Articles of Impeachment and oddly enough it's one of the things that hasn'tbeen leaked. Enquiring minds want to know.
Posted By: Swish Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 09:10 PM
you just made the case for Trump's impeachment over the ukrainian investigation into biden with your argument about intent.

congratulations.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 09:46 PM
you just made the case for Trump's impeachment over the ukrainian investigation into biden with your argument about intent.

congratulations.

Yay for me!

Too bad the Dems were too stupid to figure out how to actually prove it.

I seriously still don't understand why they didn't just Impeach him on the Mueller results.

Maybe the Dems want Trump in the Oval after all..... seriously though, it can't be that hard! Even most people who DO like Trump will admit that they don't think he's always played it on the up and up. rofl
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 11:45 PM
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

I seem to recall how pissed off everyone including Obama was that Trump was undoing regulations that Obama had put in place. Like, he was undoing a lot and some even accused him of doing it out of spite or racism.

So... if Obama enacted regulations that were good for the economy, and Trump removes them, logic would first suggest that the economy would take a down turn as a result.

Now having removed them Trump can only do 1 of 2 things:

1)not enact his own regulations which should result in a poorly performing economy. But the economy continued to outperform even Obama's expectations of growth so no Trump regulations would mean Obama's regulations weren't as positive as once believed.

Trump gets credit then for removing Obama's handicaps

or

2) Trump removes Obama regulations and replaces them with his own. I think it's obvious who logic would credit in that scenario.

OR are we to believe that Trump didn't remove any Obama regs and that Trump, the media and all the critics were lying about what Trump was doing?

Have no idea what your point is.

Here's mine: Trump's economy has performed nearly identically to Obama's .... so while he may have undone regulations that protected the environment and other such things. Their result has been negligible other than to permit companies to pollute and contaminate the environment (in the case of those particular regs).

If there are other specific Trump decisions you want to discuss let me know. Maybe the Tax cuts that overwhelmingly went to the top 10% of the wealthy while doing nothing for the economy (other than increase debt)
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/13/20 11:59 PM
Quote:

Start a thread.

Don't worry . You would rank right up there with the best of them.

Read for comprehension.
I don't wear red hats.
You wear them to hide your lobotomy scar.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 12:01 AM
Maybe it was just an early audition?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 12:04 AM
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

It's funny get sad to see how easily you guys get unhinged when it doesn't go your way lol. I do applaud your comedic sense in the ironic sig talking about anti-intellectualism.

First, you can't be convicted of lying unless the statements were made under Oath or on an affidavit. When's the last time you heard of someone who was convicted of murder who said they didn't do it also being convicted of "lying"? It doesn't happen. I'd say we could set aside that it appears his Miranda Rights were violated but, it's kind of a biggie...

Second, the legal fees bankrupted Flynn. He couldn't afford to continue to fight the process. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor... especially when they are threatening to harass and extort your children.

Third, you assume pleading guilty to lying means he lied.

How many of you have gotten a speeding ticket, plead guilty/responsible or whatever to a lesser charge of something like "Improper Speedomoter/Equipment"? just because you plead guilty to faulty equipment doesn't mean there was anything wrong with your car....

Here's a suggestion, take it or leave it.

IF Trump is so stupid, and so corrupt, and dirty, and everything he does is illegal.... why not just play it straight? On the facts? Why keep tossing aside Due Process and legitimate investigative work? Why do you guys keep creating more work and more problems for yourselves? Take for example the impeachment.

Why did you guys try to impeach him on such a steaming, worthless lump of crap that the House sent up? There was nothing factual there. Why try to oust him on that when according to you and others the Mueller investigation revealed what, was it 7 or 10, blatant and obvious instances where Trump unlawfully obstructed the investigation.

I know that the DOJ didn't indict claiming a rule about a sitting President. That's really neither here nor there.

But Schiff and Pelosi literally could have taken the Mueller report, used a bright yellow Highlighter to highlight those 7 or 10 obvious instances of criminal conduct and marched that over to the Senate.

At the very least the Impeachment vote from the House would have been based on something concrete and valid. Instead all they did was cheapen that institutional process.

Anywho, it looks like we know what this elections October surprise is going to be... multiple indictments nanner nanner nanner

Have you been paying attention at all? Facts don't matter to Senate Republicans or Trump supporters! LMAO, talk about a pathetic attempt to prove your point.

I happily acknowledge you are a intelligent person. You make a lot of valid points and rarely rely on propaganda or trumpian lies to support your views. So I have always tried to keep any conversations/debates with you on a more commonly respectful level, but mostly because you are open to facts and reality.

With that said, I've noticed you drifting away from that lately and taking up the defend Trump at all costs banner. Sorry but I find that sad. And I find your comment about my sig a wholesale sellout to exactly that, so no (zero) points on that comment for Mr. Devil.

Your 'first' point is valid, however lying to the FBI during an investigation is a felony too. No oath nor affidavit required.
See: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1001
And this article: https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2017/02/what-are-the-consequences-of-lying-to-the-fbi.html

As to your 'second' point, it's irrelevant. If he is bankrupt he can get a public defense under the indigent laws like those quality defenses afforded to every other common man who finds out the hard way the system is rigged against them.

Third, in response, I don't assume anything but I simply take him at his word when confessing his guilt, the same as the court. Unless there is evidence or suspicion of him lying about his guilt to cover for another or cover other crimes, tell me what court would question this from a man like Flynn?

And as for your suggestion, I don't think there is anything wrong with the process, the investigations, or the impeachment and think all were well warranted. The problem IMHO is that the right has abandoned all their moral principles and values inside the cult f Trump. He should have been impeached over the Mueller report. IMO, he should have been cast out and punished as traitorous trash for his obvious use of foreign assistance to get elected. I mean my god man, he openly admitted he would do it again right after the report became public and it was obvious the GOP had his back! Then he did the same thing on the quid pro quo and strong arming of a foreign country for political gain after being let off the hook by Senate Republicans at his impeachment trial! I mean hell, GOPer senators straight up said the dems proved his guilt but they were not going to remove him because the election was close! WTH!?!?

So there is simply no moral high ground or lofty idealism for you to mount a counter attack from when it comes to the GOP and Trump! What we say, how we feel, how we act toward this administration and that party is not only well deserved but 1000% earned by their actions.

These FACTS make your points weak ass sauce on BS at best. Try to wrap around that talking point. And I won't insult your intelligence because you are smarter than this, but I will blame you for the blind loyalty to your beliefs allowing you to buy into the false narratives from the right. This would be completely forgivable if the stakes weren't so damn high with an idiot running the country.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 12:04 AM
Quote:

Hope you're not holding your breath.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 12:15 AM
Discuss .... rofl ... u mean get lectured by someone that actually believes O’s and Trump’s economy have performed the same ... u can cherry pick stats and actually make O’s economy look better if u choose to deceive those that don’t know any better ... u cherry pick some stats that lead to a false narrative .... the fact u actually believe it is scarier on a few levels ...

The only thing O’s economy had over Trumps is the amount of government jobs O created .... he kicked Trumps ass in that one ... good job O ... rolleyes

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 12:24 AM
Quote:

What makes you feel this way? The Trump plus Putin with Duty in the middle triangular tramp stamp he's been rumored to be sporting? jk Duty... we get that you have blinders on when it comes to Trump and we get that you hate libs!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 12:25 AM
"Cherry Pick" ... oh you mean the same metrics used to gauge every administration?

Don't debate - attack the person. thumbsup Nice one.

Glad you didn't forget to include the signature rofl well done!

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 12:30 AM
Discuss .... rofl ... u mean get lectured by someone that actually believes O’s and Trump’s economy have performed the same ... u can cherry pick stats and actually make O’s economy look better if u choose to deceive those that don’t know any better ... u cherry pick some stats that lead to a false narrative .... the fact u actually believe it is scarier on a few levels ...

The only thing O’s economy had over Trumps is the amount of government jobs O created .... he kicked Trumps ass in that one ... good job O ... rolleyes

No, I think he means you should listen to people who know much more about these things than you; educated experts with actual facts. This would be why he bothered to post the information and not just random word salad that is incomprehensible expecting that to be accepted as an equal argument validating your talking points... So you should just listen and only speak when you have sorted all of that.

I think that's what he means. thumbsup You know, 2+2=...
Posted By: mac Re: General Flynn - 05/14/20 01:59 PM
Quote:

Clem...we can only hope that the "uneducated" will take some time to educate themselves.

Hopefully I can help them out by posting some information/links to information.

Russia recently upgraded their nuclear arsenal in 2018, with most of those nukes aimed at the USA.

link

Russian President Vladimir Putin confirmed long-held rumors in the US intelligence community in a speech on March 1, 2018, by announcing Russia had built an underwater nuclear device capable of killing millions in a single blast and rendering thousands of square miles of land uninhabitable for decades.

The US, Russia's main nuclear rival, had no answer for this weapon — no defenses in place can stop it, no emergency-response plans in place address it, and no forthcoming projects to counter or neuter it.

On the surface, the doomsday torpedo represents unrivaled capability of nuclear destruction, but a nuclear arsenal's worth rests on many factors, not just its ability to kill.

Eight nations control the roughly 14,200 nuclear weapons in the world, and another nation holds an additional 80 or so as an open secret.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This link gives facts about Russia and their WMDS...interesting read. BTW, this read also touches on Russia's Biological and Chemical weapons programs.
link

According to the Federation of American Scientists, an organization that assesses nuclear weapon stockpiles, as of 2018, the Russian Federation possesses approximately 6,500 nuclear warheads.[2]"[4] In addition to nuclear weapons, Russia declared an arsenal of 39,967 tons of chemical weapons in 1997.[5][6] The Soviet Union ratified the Geneva Protocol on April 5, 1928 with reservations. The reservations were dropped on January 18, 2001. Russia is also party to the Biological Weapons Convention and the Chemical Weapons Convention. The Soviet Union had a peak stockpile of 45,000 nuclear warheads in 1986.[7] It is estimated that from 1949 to 1991 the Soviet Union produced approximately 55,000 nuclear warheads.[8] In early 2019, more than 90% of the world's 13,865 nuclear weapons were owned by Russia and the United States.[9]
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 01:25 AM
Seems to me that the Deep State had only recently been in effect... And that Barr is at the head of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/us/politics/bill-priestap-michael-flynn.html
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 01:39 AM
Sen. Rand Paul: Flynn case abuses – Protect liberty without sacrificing security. Here's how

We now know that Vice President Joe Biden and dozens of other Obama administration officials requested the unmasking of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn’s private phone conversation without a constitutional warrant. Biden’s abuse of government power to go after a political rival is more than a little disturbing.

This scandal reaching, perhaps, all the way to President Obama himself, is why innocent Americans wonder just how much their own government has been spying on them and vacuuming up their most sensitive information.

Despite Edward Snowden’s devastating revelations, Congress has largely abdicated its responsibility to protect the Bill of Rights, and small tweaks to the system have not stopped abuse or waste of vital resources that could have been spent actually protecting our country. Yet Congress has patted itself on the back even as it steamrolled meaningful debate on one of the biggest issues of our time.

This week, the U.S. Senate will take up the U.S. House-passed government surveillance bill extending certain expired Patriot Act powers. Once again, the bill plays with reform but falls far short of bringing real change to a system that currently relies on secret courts and the hope that the government will police itself.

So I will offer an amendment to protect all Americans and help rebuild the trust our institutions have shattered over the years.

My amendment would empower the government to conduct necessary surveillance on non-Americans and our enemies, but it would force federal officials who want to surveil an American to get a warrant from a regular court as established by our Constitution instead of the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC).

It would also protect Americans’ privacy and restore due process by preventing the government from introducing into evidence any information it gathered from surveilling an American without a warrant. Americans would, however, be allowed to use evidence collected this way to defend themselves.

My amendment would also make it illegal to use this secret, foreign court to investigate any political speech or campaign.

The alarm about abuses of our system has only grown as we have learned about the Obama administration’s spying on Donald Trump as he ran for office and then transitioned into the presidency. They used the FISA court, which meets in secret and was intended for use against foreigners.

Late last year, Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz made headlines when his office released a report that, among other findings, “identified at least 17 significant errors or omissions” in four applications the FBI made to the FISC to spy on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

Not long after, we learned the Department of Justice stated that in two of the applications, “‘if not earlier, there was insufficient predication to establish probable cause to believe that Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power.’”

And, for some reason, the fact that a sitting president spied on an incoming national security adviser’s conversation continues to be regarded as just a footnote in the controversy over the FBI’s egregious treatment of Lt. Gen. Flynn.

As set up right now, and as would still be the case under the House bill, our secretive system leaves the door wide open for abuses that are only revealed long after the damage is done.

The Carter Page story led DOJ IG Horowitz to dig further, and he uncovered more shocking information concerning 29 other applications “relating to U.S. persons,” with the IG finding “apparent errors or inadequately supported facts in all of the 25 applications we reviewed.”

The FBI couldn’t find what is supposed to be required documents for the other four applications that back up the claims made, with it not even sure those documents “ever existed” for three of those four, according to the IG.

Do not misunderstand me here. Our government is filled with lots of good, hardworking men and women, and the FBI is making efforts to help prevent future problems. But the system as constructed lends itself too easily to mistakes and abuse that we discover far too late, and this is too important an issue for only cosmetic changes.

We need substantive reform and not window dressing.

I don’t believe tinkering around the edges with process reforms can make FISA constitutional. FISA employs a less-than-constitutional standard. Instead of the Fourth Amendment’s requirement of probable cause that a crime was committed or being committed, the FISA standard allows for investigations if there is probable cause that an individual is working for a foreign government.

I believe the only way to fix FISA is to exempt Americans from this court that was intended to investigate foreigners.

I, for one, am tired of hearing after-the-fact outrage, only to see it vanish when it comes time to vote.

The Patriot Act debate cuts right to the heart of what we stand for as a nation. It forces us to ask whether we will stick by our core, founding principles when they are challenged or fold in the face of those threats and change who we are supposed to be.

The most patriotic action we could take this week would be to reaffirm the Bill of Rights, rescue due process from bureaucratic overreach and secrecy, and make it clear we can keep our people safe without treating innocent Americans like criminals.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 01:32 PM
Meanwhile on planet earth - some might want to read a more balanced article about "unmasking" - I know it sounds sinister in the hands of Government run Faux News ... but here's some context:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/14/855820024...unmasking-story

For those that may have a short attention span - this is the rub:

Was this "unmasking" illegal?

No. It's common for officials of sufficient seniority. The intelligence agencies get thousands of unmasking requests every year. And the relevant agencies keep records about who makes the requests, as this week's developments have confirmed.

What may have been illegal was when an official in the White House, reviewing these reports and having unmasked Flynn, revealed some of that information to The Washington Post's David Ignatius for a column published Jan. 12, 2017. That sparked the series of events that led to Flynn's defenestration.

---------------

Then there is this: "Judge Appoints Outsider to Take On Justice Dept. in Flynn Case"

I see that the government run Faux News is already smearing and attacking this decision and the individual involved:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/us/politics/michael-flynn-john-gleeson-judge.html

"“There has been nothing regular about the department’s effort to dismiss the Flynn case,” they wrote. “The record reeks of improper political influence.”"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mark-levin-blasts-arrogant-flynn-judge-sullivan
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 02:59 PM
Trey Gowdy: Leaking Flynn's name to media is a '10-year felony,' how's the investigation going?
https://www.foxnews.com/media/gowdy-leaking-flynn-name-media-felony
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 04:18 PM
I wonder what the maximum sentence for Flynn looks like?
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 04:49 PM
Sullivan has basically one-upped Barr and the DOJ in calling for this recommendation.
As it has been explained, Flynn admitted twice, in court, under oath that he lied to the FBI. Now the DOJ is saying that Flynn's lie wasn't materially based and wants to drop the charges.
However, Judge Sullivan is now looking to bring possible perjury charges against Flynn for giving his guilty plea under oath - since now Flynn says that he's innocent of the lying to the FBI charges to which he plead guilty.
Bottom line: If Flynn wants the court to rule that he didn't commit a prosecutable lie when questioned by the FBI, then the court is looking into whether his under-oath plea was a perjury before the court - a charge the judge has the power to indict.

Also, by bringing in Judge Gleeson to act as a friend of the court, they are either forcing trump to pardon flynn, thus saying they were trying to circumvent justice or maybe would bring in barr to ask him a few questions like was he asked by anyone to drop charges on somebody who has already pleaded guilty.

a paragraph from an article on CNN

An esteemed former federal judge himself, Gleeson, 66, entered the discourse around the Flynn case on Monday, when he and two other former Justice Department officials wrote in The Washington Post that among the steps US District Judge Emmet Sullivan could take would be to "appoint an independent attorney to act as a 'friend of the court,' ensuring a full, adversarial inquiry."

Saying the case "reeks of improper political influence," they wrote that "if prosecutors attempt to dismiss a well-founded prosecution for impermissible or corrupt reasons, the people would be ill-served if a court blindly approved their dismissal request. The independence of the court protects us all when executive-branch decisions smack of impropriety; it also protects the judiciary itself from becoming a party to corruption."
Now, according to Sullivan's order, Gleeson will articulate an argument against the Department of Justice's effort to end the prosecution and will weigh whether Flynn should face a perjury charge for contradictory statements he has given the court.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 04:54 PM
I wonder what the maximum sentence for Flynn looks like?

Well with the real deep state running things with William Barr - it may be nothing if someone doesn't root out the corruption.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 04:57 PM
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

Saying the case "reeks of improper political influence," they wrote that "if prosecutors attempt to dismiss a well-founded prosecution for impermissible or corrupt reasons, the people would be ill-served if a court blindly approved their dismissal request. The independence of the court protects us all when executive-branch decisions smack of impropriety; it also protects the judiciary itself from becoming a party to corruption."

Yes but the Trumpians who don't care for facts won't like the DOJ and Trump having to be held accountable ... the machine will go into motion discrediting all who voice an opinion that questions our King.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/15/20 09:25 PM
U just have too ignore so much not to see the truth here ...

Its really incredible how much hatred ruins peoples entire ability to think logically ...

I’m not sure if i could hate anyone that much ...

U hate him so much that folks like Clapper And Brennan swear under oath they saw no evidence of collusion between Russia and the trump campaign and then go on tv and say the complete opposite on TV for the next year ... ITS THERE WORDS ... yet u still IGNORE IT ...

And thats just the most glaring ...

THANK U MISTER BARR ... YOUR DOING ONE HELL OF A JOB .. KEEP UNCOVERING THE TRUTH ... anyone looking for the truth and not BS coverup is thankful for the work you’re doing .... thumbsup
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/16/20 01:49 AM
If that's how you want to spin it .. that's fine.

What I heard Clapper say under oath - and with some context - is that he had seen no direct evidence, but he had seen enough suspicious activity/reports/evidence that there was a need to investigate.

That can be taken two ways... on the one hand you can choose to hear "NO EVIDENCE" and say that's the end of the conversation.

Or you can think and wonder, what do they see, hear, witness that indicated that there was something to investigate --- and do they/did they believe that with investigation they might indeed produce proof.

So no - I am not ignoring their words, I actually pay attention to what they said as opposed to listen to the Alt Right or Faux News twist and manipulate what was said.

It's a bit like Mueller - that fine upstanding Republican that was appointed by a Republican to investigate Trump's campaign ... Mueller said he couldn't prove "collusion" because too many people were telling lies / not telling the truth. He also laid out 10 or 11 examples of Trump obstructing justice. That's what is in his report .... Barr went on TV before the report was released to try and say "Nothing to see here - Trump exonerated" ... Mueller disagreed with that summary enough he did the rarest of things and refuted that conclusion .... and then months later a republican appointed Federal Judge made a public comment that stated Barr could not be trusted with his commentary on Muller because he lied.....

So you want to listen to Barr - sure it's open and shut. You want to pay attention to more than just the noise and ... you know ... facts ... and you'll see it is not open and shut.

Funny that there is supposed to be a "Deep State" to explain away all the investigations and issues on the one hand - but when Barr is proven to be Trump's henchman and blatantly lying to protect Trump it gets a pass/no comment. Oh well.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/16/20 11:47 AM
Its a real shame 0 + 0 = 0 is so difficult for u ...

your ability to pick and choose facts that lead to the most bogus conclusions is right there with Pit’s ability to move the goalposts ... thumbsup
Posted By: Swish Re: General Flynn - 05/16/20 12:51 PM
Jc

This entire thread is funny. The sheer hypocrisy and lack of awareness on the obvious is mind boggling.

- Trump literally tweeted out THEN that he had no choice but to fire Flynn because he lied to Pence.

- Flynn not only ADMITTED to lying and pleading guilty, but then he rattled out a whole bunch of other people doing wrong to save his own ass, AND his sons. Let’s not forget that bit of information.

- There is absolutely no way anybody can claim shady FBI tactics on this, seeing as how this is a G-DAMN US GENERAL. Plenty of money and influence to have the BEST lawyers representing him. Some of y’all acting like this is local law enforcement who got a low level drug dealer with a public defender. STOP BEING FAKE. He had the BEST representation, and based on the evidence his OWN lawyers had, they advised him to plead guilty and work with the feds.

- EVEN IF all your wacko conspiracies are remotely true, which it clearly isn’t, it begs the BIG FREAKING QUESTION that you conservatives/MAGA hatters refuse to ask and answer:

If Flynn plead guilty and is now walking it back, was he lying to the government THEN, or is he lying NOW?

Because no matter how you spin it, the one fact is obvious: at some point, Flynn lied to The FBI and government to save his own ass.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/16/20 12:59 PM
Its a real shame 0 + 0 = 0 is so difficult for u ...

your ability to pick and choose facts that lead to the most bogus conclusions is right there with Pit’s ability to move the goalposts ... thumbsup

That is a very cute answer, one I have seen very often from you. It completely avoids answering any of the factual statements provided. That's called deflection. But there you go.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/16/20 12:59 PM
Jc

This entire thread is funny. The sheer hypocrisy and lack of awareness on the obvious is mind boggling.

- Trump literally tweeted out THEN that he had no choice but to fire Flynn because he lied to Pence.

- Flynn not only ADMITTED to lying and pleading guilty, but then he rattled out a whole bunch of other people doing wrong to save his own ass, AND his sons. Let’s not forget that bit of information.

- There is absolutely no way anybody can claim shady FBI tactics on this, seeing as how this is a G-DAMN US GENERAL. Plenty of money and influence to have the BEST lawyers representing him. Some of y’all acting like this is local law enforcement who got a low level drug dealer with a public defender. STOP BEING FAKE. He had the BEST representation, and based on the evidence his OWN lawyers had, they advised him to plead guilty and work with the feds.

- EVEN IF all your wacko conspiracies are remotely true, which it clearly isn’t, it begs the BIG FREAKING QUESTION that you conservatives/MAGA hatters refuse to ask and answer:

If Flynn plead guilty and is now walking it back, was he lying to the government THEN, or is he lying NOW?

Because no matter how you spin it, the one fact is obvious: at some point, Flynn lied to The FBI and government to save his own ass.

#factsdontmatter
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/16/20 03:46 PM
U just have too ignore so much not to see the truth here ...

Its really incredible how much hatred ruins peoples entire ability to think logically ...

Thanks for your brief but accurate description of how Trump got elected.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: General Flynn - 05/19/20 07:09 PM

Yes but the Trumpians who don't care for facts won't like the DOJ and Trump having to be held accountable ... the machine will go into motion discrediting all who voice an opinion that questions our King.

It's worth the price of admission to watch partisan political hacks make this assertion about the other side... thumbsup rofl
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/19/20 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

It's worth the price of admission to watch partisan political hacks make this assertion about the other side... thumbsup rofl

I'm quite certain both sides might do the same thing to some extent. It has been that way for time in memorial. But Trump and his supporters aren't like any 'other side' - whether you want to look at real Republicans/conservatives or democrats or libertarians. Facts absolutely do not matter - and it's on an entirely different level.

If you want to rofl and claim that Trump is the same as everyone else - or that his supporters are like everyone else. I disagree. It's something when the POTUS lies every day, states absurdities, re-tweets Alt Right propaganda etc ... and to call him out means that you are branded a hater. thumbsup I'll repeat what I have said many times - if Obama did 10% of the schtick Trump did - the "right" would have lost their ever living mind. If Obama had overseen an AG who was as much a puppet as Barr their might have been a revolt. Maybe I forgot an incident - but did 2,000 former Justice Dept. officials ever object to something Obama's administration did? Did over a 1000 prosecutors ever sign statement Obama should be indicted? Or those just haters and partisan political hacks?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 12:55 AM
With Trump and his supporters as well as McConnell and his GOP Senate breaking traditions, scraping rules, abandoning morality, disregarding norms, not believing facts, not accepting evidence, or generally not doing the right thing including ignoring laws being broken is 100% acceptable for the republican side. I hope when history is finally written about this upside down time, most of them (GOPer government officials) end up penniless, shamed into exile, imprisoned, or executed.

Furthermore, I 100% think Flynn colluded with the Russians and was a key figure in the coverup that followed. Unlike dumbass Jr., Flynn absolutely knew better AND being an ex military general should face a charge like treason for his actions.

All the lies, twisting and spinning in the world will never change the fact that he lied to the FBI and is a felon. A clean investigation and unfiltered non-partisan report would have landed the whole lot in jail.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 01:08 PM
I always thought that police/FBI had the authority to use deception to catch the bad guys. Did that change?
Posted By: BpG Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 02:05 PM

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 02:05 PM
Only for the it's cool if you are a crook, as long as you are our crook party.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 02:07 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG

Right after they do the clowns that let a guilty POTUS off at impeachment Ted. TED, smfh, TED. He called your wife ugly.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 02:30 PM
Notice how he said "brought in front of us to testify" vs anything solid.

Just like you're getting at, nothing should terrify any of these folks, on either side of the aisle, more than the concept of accountability.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 03:46 PM
The problem I have seen at least 100 times is these officials saying one thing to the Media and to the American People only to take it all back when under oath.

They lie like rugs and mislead the population.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 04:02 PM
If you want to rofl and claim that Trump is the same as everyone else - or that his supporters are like everyone else. I disagree. It's something when the POTUS lies every day, states absurdities, re-tweets Alt Right propaganda etc ... and to call him out means that you are branded a hater. thumbsup I'll repeat what I have said many times - if Obama did 10% of the schtick Trump did - the "right" would have lost their ever living mind. If Obama had overseen an AG who was as much a puppet as Barr their might have been a revolt. Maybe I forgot an incident - but did 2,000 former Justice Dept. officials ever object to something Obama's administration did? Did over a 1000 prosecutors ever sign statement Obama should be indicted? Or those just haters and partisan political hacks?

Trump is not the same, Trump has set a new low on the downward spiral unlike anything any of us have seen before.. the contrast is made that much more striking because he followed the President who was kept more insulated, more protected, more defended from public scrutiny by the MSM than any public figure I've ever seen.

Trump and his ardent supporters have brought most of it on themselves since he took office but from the election of 2016 it's as though a switch was flipped in the MSM that went from the most heavily protected President any of us have ever seen to the most viciously attacked.. and it happened almost over night. Unfortunately, rather than try to mend any fences, Trump has spent 3+ years heaping new lumps of coal on the fire every chance he gets.

It will be interesting to see where we go from here... neither 4 more years of Trump, who will likely continue his very contentious relationship with the MSM and anybody who disagrees with him... nor 4 years of Biden, who the media will again try to insulate.. is going to fix anything.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 04:38 PM
Well I agree with what you say about Trump.

I am not sure how Obama fits into that discussion - and it is not accurate at all to lump "MSM" together as protecting Obama. We often hear people boast about how Fox is the most watched 'news' source - so they are the front runner for MSM and they spent 8 years doing nothing but attack Obama day in day out for anything and everything - 90% of it not close to anything Trump might be under the microscope for. And while he wasn't perfect by any regard - and there were real issues he needed to be held accountable for - he was a [censored] cat by comparison to Trump. Whether it was Fast n Furious, Keep your Dr, "I'll have more flexibility after the election", Benghazi, The IRS thing, the beige suit or the bowing .... none of them or all of them don't come close to Trump and his list of (ongoing) scandals.

The rest? They are all politicians, they all lie, deflect, hide inconvenient truths ... doesn't mean that we can't comment and highlight what we think are the most egregious issues one side does or doesn't say.
Posted By: Swish Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 04:52 PM
and here we go again.

yet another person who somehow thinks Fox news isnt the MSM. they are the #1 rated news network. they are the MSM OF MSM.

and obama was RUTHLESSLY attacked by said MSM, again, THE #1 FREAKING RATED NEWS NETWORK OUT THERE.

And by the way, DC, since we're all trying to defend trump from the MSM now, can you remind the board who was the main guy pushing crap birther conspiracies about obama on said #1 FREAKING RATED NEWS SITE and twitter?

here's a hint, he's president now.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 04:52 PM
Quote:
and it is not accurate at all to lump "MSM" together as protecting Obama. We often hear people boast about how Fox is the most watched 'news' source - so they are the front runner for MSM and they spent 8 years doing nothing but attack Obama

Yes they did.. but as far as them being the front runner for MSM, I don't look at it that way.. maybe they still have the most viewers, I don't know... but Fox is the one news outlet that the right turns to, that particular ideological audience has one place to go. On the other side you have CNN, MSNBC, PBS, BBC, NYT, WaPo, all delivering the same message and fighting for the other ideological audience.

So when you have 15 news outlets all saying that what Obama (or anybody on the left) did was "no big deal".. and Fox claiming it was a big deal.. it becomes very easy to make the "that's just some right wing conspiracy stuff" argument.. That is how our media has (mal)functioned for well over 20 years since Fox started growing in popularity..

I saw this tweet the other day and found it amusing... Evidently a network that brands itself as "news outlet" had people on who had different opinions and didn't all agree with each other.. and this concept seemed to completely confuse at least one reporter from CNN...

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 04:57 PM
All you have to do is listen to Obama speak and Trump speak. Trump has done nothing but sow hate, division and mistrust across this nation. I've never seen anything like it. Reasonable people shouldn't blame the media because Trump does nothing but divide and show hate.

Often times the media does show a slant. It comes from both sides. But Trump's own words are what have done him in. Not anyone or anything else.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 06:32 PM
Quote:
All you have to do is listen to Obama speak and Trump speak. Trump has done nothing but sow hate, division and mistrust across this nation. I've never seen anything like it. Reasonable people shouldn't blame the media because Trump does nothing but divide and show hate.

You are correct. But while 100% focusing on what each one said, the media has largely ignored what each one did.

Quote:
Often times the media does show a slant. It comes from both sides.

If your implication is that the liberal and conservative media are two sides of the same coin with the same ability to impact.. well that's as naive as saying that Trump's rhetoric and Obama's rhetoric are two sides of the same coin..
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Fox can't get its story straight: While one host zings Trump for taking hydorxychloroquine, another host encourages its use. While one medical contributor calls it "highly irresponsible," another says it's "reasonable." What are viewers to believe?

FOX viewers are smart enough to listen to all the reports and then THINK FOR THEMSELVES. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/20/20 07:12 PM
Yet Trump managed to win an election with the same media that represents him today. With two new additions. Sinclair and OAN.

The difference I don't think you are understanding is that a far greater percentage of those on the right hang onto anything and everything that supports them. Many Americas don't actually care what any of the media has to say nor do they pay any attention to them. It's about the actual number of people who listen to the media and which side of the media they actually listen to.

That makes it much closer than you may wish to admit.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: General Flynn - 05/21/20 11:36 PM
What was done to Flynn is criminal.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 05/22/20 12:36 AM
We agree. He should have hanged immediately.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 05/22/20 03:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
What Flynn did is criminal.

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 06/01/20 08:50 PM
j/c...

Posted By: northlima dawg Re: General Flynn - 06/10/20 09:21 PM
'Everything about this is irregular': Ex-judge tapped to review Flynn case blasts Trump DOJ
The retired judge, John Gleeson, said the Justice Department had improperly bowed to the president's will.

By JOSH GERSTEIN and KYLE CHENEY

06/10/2020 12:36 PM EDT

Updated: 06/10/2020 01:13 PM EDT

A former judge selected to advise on a path forward in the criminal case against Michael Flynn is accusing the Justice Department of exercising a “gross abuse of prosecutorial power” to protect an ally of President Donald Trump, distorting known facts and legal principles to shield Flynn from a jail sentence.

The former federal judge, John Gleeson, skewered Attorney General Bill Barr’s handling of the case, describing it as an “irregular” effort that courts would “scoff” at were the subject anyone other than an ally of Trump. The 82-page excoriation featured a painstaking reconstruction of the Flynn case and accused DOJ of contradicting its own arguments and precedents to justify dropping the case against Flynn.

A

“Even recognizing that the Government is entitled to deference in assessing the strength of its case, these claims are not credible,” Gleeson wrote. “Indeed, they are preposterous.”

Gleeson is recommending that the judge overseeing the case, U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan, instead proceed to sentence the former Trump national security adviser on the false-statement charge he admitted to two-and-a-half years ago — and later rescinded.

The Flynn saga is one of the highest-profile remaining legal matters facing Trump allies. It could drive up pressure on the president to pardon Flynn or commute his sentence in the heat of his reelection campaign.

"The facts surrounding the filing of the Government's motion constitute clear evidence of gross prosecutorial abuse. They reveal an unconvincing effort to disguise as legitimate a decision to dismiss that is based solely on the fact that Flynn is a political ally of President Trump," Gleeson wrote in a filing Wednesday with Sullivan, who formally tapped Gleeson to weigh in as a friend of the court.

However, Gleeson urged Sullivan not to pursue contempt proceedings against Flynn for seemingly contradictory statements made about his actions. Though there is “ample” evidence to support such a move, Gleeson recommended factoring it into Flynn’s sentencing for his initial guilty plea rather than initiating new action related to the about-face.

The brief is a significant new flashpoint in the long-running legal saga surrounding Flynn, Trump’s national security adviser in the first few weeks of his presidency. Trump fired Flynn in February 2017, citing his dishonesty with the FBI and with Vice President Mike Pence over his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the United States in the weeks before Trump took office.

Flynn, at the time, urged Russia’s envoy to limit its response to outgoing Obama administration measures to punish Russia for interfering in the 2016 election. The FBI interviewed Flynn about those calls days after Trump took office, part of a counterintelligence investigation into Trump campaign contacts with Russia.

Gleeson spent much of brief recounting the events that precipitated Flynn’s December 2017 guilty plea, abrupt reversal and DOJ’s decision to drop the case. He noted that Trump tweeted about the case more than 100 times in the interim.

“Everything about this is irregular,” Gleeson wrote.

“President Trump today has the unreviewable authority to issue a pardon, thus ensuring that Flynn is no longer prosecuted and never punished for his crimes because he is a friend and political ally,” Gleeson continued. “But the instant the Executive Branch filed a criminal charge against Flynn, it forfeited the right to implicate this Court in the dismissal of that charge simply because Flynn is a friend and political ally of the President.”

Gleeson, who served on the Manhattan federal court before stepping down in 2016, was appointed last month by Sullivan to help him tackle the highly unusual Justice Department request to drop the criminal case against Flynn despite the guilty plea he entered back in 2017 as part of a cooperation deal with special counsel Robert Mueller. Both Gleeson and Sullivan are appointees of President Bill Clinton.

Barr ordered the reversal by the government following a review conducted at his request by a U.S. Attorney in Missouri, Jeffrey Jensen. Jensen’s review concluded that the FBI had no legitimate basis to interview Flynn at the January 24, 2017 session where he allegedly lied about his dealings with the Russian ambassador.

A Justice Department spokeswoman offered no specific reaction to Gleeson’s skewering of the department, instead referring to the government’s legal briefs already on file.

In a mid-May interview with CBS News, Barr denied carrying water for Trump and said he viewed the FBI's treatment of Flynn as improper, justifying his decision to seek dismissal of the charges. "There's only one standard of justice. And I believe that this case, that justice in this case requires dismissing the charges against General Flynn."

The recommendation from Gleeson came just two days before a potentially pivotal hearing before a federal appeals court panel weighing a request from Flynn’s attorneys to order Sullivan to drop the pending false-statement case. Flynn’s lawyers have accused the FBI and federal prosecutors of coercing Flynn’s guilty plea through “egregious misconduct” and have also accused Sullivan of bias, asking the D.C. Circuit to reassign the case to another judge for any further proceedings.

If the D.C. Circuit sides with Flynn, the brutal brief Gleeson tendered Wednesday could be moot. One of the issues the appeals judges are considering is whether it was proper for Sullivan to invite the retired judge to weigh in.

If Flynn is sentenced on the false-statement charge, he faces a maximum possible term of five years in prison. However, under the plea deal prosecutors agreed that in accordance with non-binding federal sentencing guidelines any term up to six months was reasonable. In a revised sentencing pleading that drew attention, prosecutors arguably softened their line further by saying they would not object to probation despite concerns that Flynn’s cooperation was not as extensive as promised.

Sullivan had previously indicated he was inclined to sentence Flynn to a jail term, suggesting at a 2018 sentencing hearing that the former national security adviser had arguably “sold your country out.” The judge later retreated from that remark.

If he follows Gleeson’s recommendation, Sullivan could mete out a jail sentence that exceeds the initial recommendation of prosecutors. However, Trump could nullify any sentence with a pardon or commutation.

Gleeson’s submission left largely unaddressed two issues that could still impact the case: whether prosecutors improperly withheld evidence in violation of an order from Sullivan to turn over all material that could be helpful to Flynn’s defense, and whether Flynn’s previous lawyers gave him bad legal advice in connection with his 2017 plea or the 2018 sentencing hearing.

Barr’s move to abandon the criminal case against Flynn ignited a furor on Capitol Hill, where Democrats have accused him of rigging the process in favor of Trump’s allies. It also led to an outcry from many in the legal community, including more than 2,000 former prosecutors and Justice Department employees who signed a letter accusing the attorney general of politicizing the process.

Various individuals and groups have filed a flurry of amicus briefs with Sullivan or the appeals court, offering a range of perspectives on the case.

In one notable brief filed Tuesday night, a traditionally liberal group urged Sullivan not to undertake perjury-related contempt proceedings against Flynn. The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers said innocent defendants face intense pressure to plead guilty in the federal system and they should not be exposed to contempt or perjury if they try to withdraw their pleas.

Advertisement

“Because defendants now must choose between admitting the government’s allegations or risking a much higher sentence if a jury returns a guilty verdict, there is no justification for presuming that guilty pleas are truthful,” the NACDL brief argued.

“If, as the Department of Justice now concedes, [Flynn] succumbed to the pressure to plead guilty even though he was legally innocent, he is hardly unique. His decision to do that in no way obstructed justice or interfered with the judicial function. It is not, by any stretch, a contemptuous act,” the group added.

The brief, which seemed to remain neutral on the question of whether Flynn was getting special treatment from DOJ, did not address specific answers Flynn gave under oath to questions asked in court by Sullivan and another judge previously assigned to the case. In a written declaration submitted under penalty of perjury in January, Flynn retreated from or reversed many of those admissions.

Parts of the brief from the defense lawyers’ group seemed intended to serve as a reminder to Gleeson that he has publicly criticized the federal justice system’s reliance on negotiated plea deals, which render trials a rarity in many courts.

Flynn’s allies have argued that Gleeson was a poor choice to advise the court because just days before receiving the friend-of-the-court appointment he co-authored an op-ed in the Washington Post decrying Barr decision to seek to jettison the case.

Flynn's lead lawyer, Sidney Powell, downplayed the new filing on Wednesday. In an email to POLITICO, she dismissed Gleeson's submission as "completely predictable."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/10/gleeson-flynn-sullivan-barr-justice-department-311018
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 06/10/20 09:45 PM
so we have a real deep-state State operating.... his name is William Barr. And from the Trump supporters? Nada
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 06/24/20 03:18 PM
U.S. appeals court orders judge to dismiss case against former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/24/us-appea...hael-flynn.html

Justice Served. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/24/20 03:21 PM
U.S. appeals court orders judge to dismiss case against former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn

Justice Served. thumbsup

rofl
Posted By: fishtheice Re: General Flynn - 06/24/20 03:27 PM

Justice Served. thumbsup

Indeed thumbsup
Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 06/24/20 03:52 PM
j/c...

It'll be interesting how this plays out from here.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
After a quick scan of the DC Circuit opinion on the Flynn case, three quick thoughts:
(1) I am confident the majority view on this panel does not represent the majority view on the DC Circuit, which greatly disfavors granting mandamus relief.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
(2) I am not confident, however, that the full Court will hear the matter (though it certainly may), as the DC Circuit also greatly disfavors en banc review.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
(3) I do expect Judge Sullivan to put the matter quickly before the full court, as he has little reason not to and his ability to manage his case is being challenged here by the defendant, the Justice Department, and the panel majority.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
(4) Look for a quick move for a stay and an appeal en banc.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
And here’s a fifth: yes, the full court can review the matter on its own motion, that is, without a move from Judge Sullivan. But I don’t think that will likely be necessary, as I can think of no reason why Judge Sullivan wouldn’t seek en banc review of this ruling.

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/1275806206536364035
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 06/24/20 03:53 PM

Justice Served. thumbsup

That is NOT justice served... that's pressure put on judges by the DOJ to follow what the Alt-Right scum wants.

FLYNN LIED... I don't care about anything else.. He's a liar and he got caught..
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 06/24/20 04:51 PM

Judge Napolitano: 'General Flynn wins,' he can sue DOJ for legal fees".

Sweet Justice. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/24/20 04:57 PM
rofl
Posted By: fishtheice Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 11:54 AM

Explosive New FBI Notes Confirm Obama Directed Anti-Flynn Operation

Corruption

Explosive New FBI Notes Confirm Obama Directed Anti-Flynn Operation
Handwritten notes from fired former FBI agent Peter Strzok show that Obama himself directed key aspects of the campaign to target Flynn during a Jan. 5, 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.
Sean Davis and Mollie Hemingway
By Sean Davis and Mollie Hemingway
June 24, 2020

Newly released notes confirm President Barack Obama’s key role in surveillance and leak operation against Michael Flynn, the incoming Trump administration national security adviser. The handwritten notes, which were first disclosed in a federal court filing made by the Department of Justice on Tuesday, show President Obama himself personally directed former FBI Director James Comey and former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates to investigate Flynn for having routine phone calls with a Russian counterpart. He also suggests they withhold information from President Trump and his key national security figures.

The handwritten notes from fired former FBI agent Peter Strzok appear to describe a Jan. 5, 2017, Oval Office meeting between Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Comey, Yates, and then-national security adviser Susan Rice. The meeting and its substance were confirmed in a bizarre Inauguration Day email Rice wrote to herself.

It was at this meeting, which was confirmed by testimony from Comey and Yates, that Obama gave guidance to key officials who would be tasked with protecting his administration’s utilization of secretly funded Clinton campaign research, which alleged Trump was involved in a treasonous plot to collude with Russia, from being discovered or stopped by the incoming administration.

Yates told the special counsel that Obama broke the news of Flynn’s phone calls with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak to her during the Jan. 5 meeting. Rice detailed further involvement from Obama. “President Obama said he wants to be sure that, as we engage with the incoming team, we are mindful to ascertain if there is any reason that we cannot share information fully as it relates to Russia,” she wrote in her email.

The new notes, which record Comey’s accounting to Strzok of the meeting’s substance, constitute definitive evidence that Obama himself was personally directing significant aspects of a criminal investigation into his political enemy’s top foreign policy adviser. An image of the notes is reproduced below. This is a rough transcript of the unredacted portion of the notes:

NSA-D-DAG = [Flynn cuts?]. Other countries

D-DAG: lean forward on [unclass?]

VP: “Logan Act”

P: These are unusual times

VP: I’ve been on the intel cmte for ten years and I never

P: Make sure you look at things + have the right people on it

P: Is there anything I shouldn’t be telling transition team?

D: Flynn –> Kislyak calls but appear legit

[illegible] Happy New Year. Yeah right

Peter Strzok’s Notes Confirm Obama Personally Ordered Hit On Michael Flynn by The Federalist on Scribd

“Make sure you look at things and have the right people on it,” Obama is quoted as saying.

Comey’s description that the Flynn-Kislyak phone calls appear “legit,” shorthand for “legitimate,” is also in the notes. Until this week, this exculpatory information was withheld from Flynn and his defense team, multiple congressional committees, and the American public. A lengthy campaign to illegally leak selectively edited defamatory information through media accessories damaged the Trump administration and spurred the appointment of a special counsel to investigate anyone associated with the Trump campaign.

According to Strzok’s notes, Biden explicitly referenced the Logan Act, an 18th-century law that forbids certain political speech from private citizens. The law, even if it were constitutional, would not apply to a national security adviser for the newly elected president of the United States. Biden had previously denied that he knew anything about the investigation into Flynn.

“I know nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn,” Biden said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” when George Stephanopoulos asked what he knew of the FBI’s operations in early 2017. He later admitted that statement was false.

The meeting to strategize against the Trump administration included just a few key law enforcement principals. Their testimony about what transpired is sometimes in conflict. Yates claimed Comey brought up the Logan Act while Comey claims Biden cited it. Rice claimed Obama directed that the anti-Trump operation be run “by the book,” but Comey claimed Obama even directed which personnel to use.

All parties agree, however, on the main substance of the meeting, which was a discussion of how to target Flynn for his “legit” phone calls and withhold vital national security information from the newly elected presidential administration.

Attorney General William Barr has directed an investigation into the spying and leaking operation, led by U.S. Attorney John Durham. Durham, whose investigation is ongoing, has not yet issued any indictments or any reports of his findings thus far. Barr has repeatedly stated that if Durham finds evidence of criminal wrongdoing that can be proved in a court beyond a reasonable doubt, then those responsible for the criminal acts will be held to account.

The handwritten notes from Strzok, which were included in a court filing from the Justice Department, were filed under seal by order of Emmett Sullivan, the judge overseeing Flynn’s criminal trial. The judge has ordered the documents to be hidden and has given no indication that he will ever allow all of the evidence filed by the DOJ to be publicly disclosed. When the DOJ moved to dismiss charges against Flynn, Sullivan refused to grant their request and instead appointed a shadow prosecutor to target Flynn on Sullivan’s behalf.

Following an appeal by Flynn, the top federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday ordered the judge to dismiss all charges against Flynn. That court also vacated his appointment of a shadow prosecutor to target Flynn.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/24/exp...lynn-operation/
Posted By: Damanshot Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 12:47 PM

Sweet Justice. thumbsup

Flynn lied.. Doesn't matter how you dress it up, he lied
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 01:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Sweet Justice. thumbsup

Flynn lied.. Doesn't matter how you dress it up, he lied

He obviously cares not about liars. He’s a trump sycophant after all.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 01:08 PM
let me throw some tin foil out there from the federalist... smh

I find it hard to believe we live in the same world but not the same reality. That steady diet of alt-right content has been so toxic for people like you. When do you think you crossed the threshold of not being able to smell a lie just by how ridiculous it sounds?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 01:15 PM
Flynn and Stone both have their jail time tied to who is in the oval. If this drags on until January and Biden gets in, this will suddenly shift back to a real process and others will be charged as well for all the corruption under Barr.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 02:53 PM
Hell, FOX News gave old Ollie North his own show and Barr was all up in that one too getting an illegal arms dealer selling weapons to Iran off the hook.

They love supporting a criminal.
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 05:19 PM
Hell, FOX News gave old Ollie North his own show and Barr was all up in that one too getting an illegal arms dealer selling weapons to Iran off the hook.

They love supporting a criminal.

You're going there right after an article on comey, clapper, brennan, and their toadies in the fbi discussed going after Flynn to get him fired or prosecuted on what they described as a "legit" conversation? Aren't they all cnn staff liars now? You're almost hypocritical enough to work in the msm.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 05:32 PM
Awe, you equate wild accusations to facts. That takes a special kind of...
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 05:51 PM
Awe, you equate wild accusations to facts. That takes a special kind of...

Funny, I was going on strzok's notes on the conspiracy coup meeting that comey, brennan, clapper, rice, biden, and obama attended.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 05:59 PM
There was nothing contained in there that even resembled "a conspiracy coup meeting".

Let me give you a clue. Obama warned Trump that Flynn wasn't trustworthy. Trump ended up firing Flynn for lying to Pence.

Now suddenly things Obama suspected Flynn of is some kind of conspiracy coup?

And then you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

notallthere
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 06:29 PM
There was nothing contained in there that even resembled "a conspiracy coup meeting".

Let me give you a clue. Obama warned Trump that Flynn wasn't trustworthy. Trump ended up firing Flynn for lying to Pence.

notallthere

Just a quick question. Do you feel bliss?

A review of what is already known about the plot against Trump is revealing and no doubt much more will be learned if and when investigators go through emails and phone records. The first phase of the illegal investigation of the Trump associates involved initiating wiretaps without any probable cause. This eventually involved six government intelligence and law enforcement agencies that formed a de facto task force headed by the CIA’s Director John Brennan. Also reportedly involved were the FBI’s James Comey, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Department of Homeland Security Director Jeh Johnson, and Admiral Michael Rogers who headed the National Security Agency.

Brennan was the key to the operation because the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court refused to approve several requests by the FBI to initiate taps on Trump associates and Trump Tower as there was no probable cause to do so but the British and other European intelligence services were legally able to intercept communications linked to American sources. Brennan was able to use his connections with those foreign intelligence agencies, primarily the British GCHQ, to make it look like the concerns about Trump were coming from friendly and allied countries and therefore had to be responded to as part of routine intelligence sharing. As a result, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Gen. Michael Flynn were all wiretapped. And likely there were others. This all happened during the primaries and after Trump became the GOP nominee.

In other words, to make the wiretaps appear to be legitimate, GCHQ and others were quietly and off-the-record approached by Brennan and associates over their fears of what a Trump presidency might mean. The British responded by initiating wiretaps that were then used by Brennan to justify further investigation of Trump’s associates. It was all neatly done and constituted completely illegal spying on American citizens by the U.S. government.

The British support of the operation was coordinated by the then-director of GCHQ Robert Hannigan who has since been forced to resign. Brennan is, unfortunately still around and has not been charged with perjury and other crimes. In May 2017, after he departed government, he testified before Congress with what sounds a lot like a final unsourced, uncorroborated attempt to smear the new administration:

“I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals. It raised questions in my mind whether or not Russia was able to gain the co-operation of those individuals.”

Brennan’s claimed “concerns” turned out to be incorrect. Meanwhile, other interested parties were involved in the so-called Steele Dossier on Trump himself. The dossier, paid for initially by Republicans trying to stop Trump, was later funded by $12 million from the Hillary campaign. It was commissioned by the law firm Perkins Coie, which was working for the Democratic National Committee (DNC). The objective was to assess any possible Trump involvement with Russia. The work itself was sub-contracted to Fusion GPS, which in turn sub-contracted the actual investigation to British spy Christopher Steele who headed a business intelligence firm called Orbis.

Steele left MI-6 in 2009 and had not visited Russia since 1993. The report, intended to dig up dirt on Trump, was largely prepared using impossible to corroborate second-hand information and would have never surfaced but for the surprise result of the 2016 election. Christopher Steele gave a copy to a retired of British Diplomat Sir Andrew Wood who in turn handed it to Trump critic Senator John McCain who then passed it on to the FBI. President Barack Obama presumably also saw it and, according to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper,

“If it weren’t for President Obama, we might not have done the intelligence community assessment that we did that set off a whole sequence of events which are still unfolding today, notably, special counsel Mueller’s investigation.”

The report was leaked to the media in January 2017 to coincide with Trump’s inauguration. Hilary Clinton denied any prior knowledge despite the fact that her campaign had paid for it. Pressure from the Democrats and other constituencies devastated by the Trump victory used the Steele report to provide leverage for what became the Mueller investigation.

So, was there a broad ranging conspiracy against Donald Trump orchestrated by many of the most senior officials and politicians in Washington? Undeniably yes. What Trump has amounted to as a leader and role model is beside the point as what evolved was undeniably a bureaucratic coup directed against a legally elected president of the United States and to a certain extent it was successful as Trump was likely forced to turn his back on his better angels and subsequently hired Pompeo, Bolton and Abrams. One can only hope that investigators dig deep into what is Washington insiders have been up to so Trumpgate will prove more interesting and informative than was Russiagate. And one also has to hope that enough highest-level heads will roll to make any interference by the Deep State in future elections unthinkable. One hopes.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-conspiracy-against-trump/5675340
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 06:50 PM

notallthere

I do love your statement, though. The obama administration was trying to get flynn fired to protect Trump. And you claim others can't be taken seriously.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 07:02 PM
Trump fired Flynn for lying to Pence. Flynn obviously couldn't be trusted.

The only conspiracy regarding Flynn is the propaganda you can't seem to help yourself from spreading.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/27/20 07:10 PM
I checked your link. This is the same place that claims Bush was somehow in bed with the Bin Laden's.

And this little gem...

The 2017 Raqqa Exodus: The US Coalition’s “Secret Deal” to Allow ISIS-Daesh Terrorists to Escape…

And this...

Afghanistan, Garden of Empire: America’s Multibillion Dollar Opium Harvest

Things become clear when you start to look at where people get their ideas from.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/

Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: General Flynn - 06/28/20 03:51 PM
Biden told ABC last month, “I know nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn.” Was he lying, or has his memory grown that bad?

https://nypost.com/2020/06/27/fresh-evidence-obama-ordered-up-the-phony-russiagate-scandal/
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 06/28/20 04:58 PM
Awe. If Flynn is let off the hook now, he will just be retried after a new Attorney General is named in January. Dropping a case means retrying the same case is not double jeopardy. Of course Trump will pardon his criminal mob as he leaves office. If not before.

Then states will pick up the prosecutions because a president can only pardon federal charges and convictions.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 07/09/20 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

It'll be interesting how this plays out from here.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
After a quick scan of the DC Circuit opinion on the Flynn case, three quick thoughts:
(1) I am confident the majority view on this panel does not represent the majority view on the DC Circuit, which greatly disfavors granting mandamus relief.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
(2) I am not confident, however, that the full Court will hear the matter (though it certainly may), as the DC Circuit also greatly disfavors en banc review.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
(3) I do expect Judge Sullivan to put the matter quickly before the full court, as he has little reason not to and his ability to manage his case is being challenged here by the defendant, the Justice Department, and the panel majority.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
(4) Look for a quick move for a stay and an appeal en banc.

Benjamin Wittes
@benjaminwittes
And here’s a fifth: yes, the full court can review the matter on its own motion, that is, without a move from Judge Sullivan. But I don’t think that will likely be necessary, as I can think of no reason why Judge Sullivan wouldn’t seek en banc review of this ruling.

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/1275806206536364035

Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 07/09/20 09:54 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 07/10/20 05:46 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 07/31/20 04:51 AM

Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 08/31/20 04:28 PM
j/c...

Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 08/31/20 05:39 PM
Is this a ruling or merely a comment from proceedings?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: General Flynn - 08/31/20 05:53 PM
Ruling.

Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 08/31/20 06:11 PM
Ruling.

So the trumpet crowing early was a little premature, and despite the henchman Barr's best plans to subvert justice, the law of the land is actually going to prevail? ? Score 1 for the good guys.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 09/11/20 08:27 PM
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/11/court-corrupt-doj-drop-michael-flynn-case-412555

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s lies to the FBI are so clear — and their effect on the FBI’s Russia probe so obvious — that the Justice Department’s decision to drop the case can only be a pretext to help an ally of President Donald Trump, a court-appointed adviser to Judge Emmet Sullivan argued Friday.

Why is this stuff so hard for the Trump supporters to understand and take a stand against. Barr has done more politicizing of the DOJ than anyone in history. The man has no scruples .... but I guess when his application for the job is a letter to Trump telling him he is above the law none of us should be surprised. It's sickening that it's happening in broad daylight and to question it is to be called unAmerican and a hater.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: General Flynn - 09/12/20 01:35 PM
Flynn was set-up by the power of the FBI...Pelosi was "set-up" by a salon owner. This is hilarious stuff...really.
Posted By: Swish Re: General Flynn - 09/12/20 02:32 PM
This man got in front of court and plead guilty. Stop defending the swamp.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 09/12/20 02:50 PM
Next they'll be claiming it was the voice of a ventriloquist that plead guilty.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 09/12/20 02:54 PM
Subverting an ongoing investigation by lying to the FBI is certainly comparable to getting hair done at a salon......
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: General Flynn - 09/12/20 06:01 PM
Subverting an ongoing investigation by lying to the FBI is certainly comparable to getting hair done at a salon......

The FBI pushed forward an investigation that had no merit from the start. That should concern every American. He lied to succumb to the FBI's illegal coercion/extortion in order to save his family. When the threat of extortion was eliminated, he rightly changed his plea. This isn't rocket science or even political.

That isn't a conservative vs socialist issue. It's criminal activity by the highest law enforcement in the country.

Nancy just showed the entire nation that she is above the law...something she loves to accuse Trump of, but with zero evidence to support her accusation.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: General Flynn - 09/12/20 06:28 PM
But did he wipe his phone? You sound like a Breitbart article.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: General Flynn - 09/12/20 06:34 PM
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

The FBI pushed forward an investigation that had no merit from the start. That should concern every American.

Call me crazy, but I believe that the Judge residing over the case could easily determine if that was true - and if so would not have resisted the DOJ. But whaddya know - The original judge didn't see it like that. Maybe there is a Deep State and this guy is a puppet.... or Maybe Barr is the POS scumbag willing to trat the DOJ as an enforcer agency for Trump as he's shown with the Mueller report announcements and with the lies he's spread about Mail in Voting and what happened in Texas.

We'll see. Hopefully the truth comes out.
© DawgTalkers.net