DawgTalkers.net
Twitter labeled Trump tweets with a fact check for the first time

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/tech/twitter-trump-fact-check/index.html

Game over, thanks for playing. Trump is done.
Came on the heels of this letter....

Here's the tweet that got labeled "Fact check" and is what is causing his current meltdown....on Twitter no less.

The man-baby is going to throw a toilet tantrum tonight. Letting go of yesterday’s bucket of KFC, while blowing a forehead vein crying like toddler... and spelling as badly as a dyslexic cat.
I hope they fact check everything from him here on out.
His basement has no floor.
J/C

Lol....What’s trump going to do? Ban twitter? File a law suit? Lol ...keep digging dumb ass. It’s going to be hilarious when twitter bans him.
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
His basement has no floor.

Is basement Is hell. He’ll most likely be going there soon.

trump is a small minded repulsive person. Those that support him would never be allowed to cross the threshold of Mar Lago or any of his country clubs.

He is void of empathy and understanding which he demonstrates proudly by not wearing a mask. While all those around him are forced to do so.

In a time of great suffering to the country while the families of close to 100k people mourn. He feels his time is best served on twitter with a conspiracy theory of a deceased woman whose family has asked him to stop.

Sad that the highest office in our country is occupied by the lowest of human beings.
A morning meltdown....Hates Twitter, but cannot give up his addiction to it.

Oh man, it's all-caps time....
Time to cancel his account twitter.

Actually I’m surprised the refs allow his highly offensive and non-factual tweets to be reposed here. But this board leans towards trump so I get it.
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Oh man, it's all-caps time....

I know right? it’s like a Hitler speech without the sound. trump is on the edge. He can’t control his own emotions. Push push
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Actually I’m surprised the refs allow his highly offensive and non-factual tweets to be reposed here. But this board leans towards trump so I get it.
With Trump being so horrible, and this board apparently being more aligned with Trump, why do you still post here?
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

With Trump being so horrible, and this board apparently being more aligned with Trump, why do you still post here?
. rofl I like playing “wack a mole”. .....thump
Are you guys ready for Trump to win in November? Its pretty much a certainty at this juncture.

I've never been wrong the past 4 years.

Glad you are all knowing.

You may think this is all about partisan politics. That you can apply labels and all is right.

trump was a democrat. He could have run as a democrat.

He is not a conservative. And I don't think he cares about being a republican.

Your prediction means nothing.

trump is what he has always been a incompetent fraud. A person with no moral compass. A pathological liar.

If he wins that does not change who he is.
The social media giant's action and Trump's response rekindled simmering frustration among Republicans who say their voices are being censored on platforms with workforces concentrated in liberal-leaning Silicon Valley.
Each and every one of those should get the same treatment from Twitter..

To be honest, I'm pretty ticked off at Twitter. I've never liked that platform, never wanted it to be an acceptable method of providing proof on this site if you all remember.

But here we are, and exactly why I didn't like it quoted on here is why I don't believe much of anything posted. They don't do a good job of fact checking.

Or, maybe they do and simply don't care when it comes to Trump...

All I know is this, if I posted on Twitter those things he has posted, I'd have been banned... Probably for life.. The fact that he's the president shouldn't mean he gets a pass.. If anything, he should be held to a higher standard.
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
The social media giant's action and Trump's response rekindled simmering frustration among Republicans who say their voices are being censored on platforms with workforces concentrated in liberal-leaning Silicon Valley.

And they are full of Crap... Bunch of Crybabies.. Weak minded.

Yep. Trump whipping up the yahoos.
The social media giant's action and Trump's response rekindled simmering frustration among Republicans who say their lies are being censored on platforms with workforces concentrated in liberal-leaning Silicon Valley.

Fixed it for you.
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

#snowflakes
Trump threatens social media shutdown over Twitter fact-check label

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-twitter-trump-idUSKBN2331NK

And yet his supporters keep claiming he doesn't act like a dictator. This is what it looks like folks.

It's time you face the facts. He shuts down tries to silence or fires anyone and everyone who holds him accountable. He threatens them and mocks them.

That's exactly what a dictator does.
Each and every one of those should get the same treatment from Twitter..

To be honest, I'm pretty ticked off at Twitter. I've never liked that platform, never wanted it to be an acceptable method of providing proof on this site if you all remember.

But here we are, and exactly why I didn't like it quoted on here is why I don't believe much of anything posted. They don't do a good job of fact checking.

Or, maybe they do and simply don't care when it comes to Trump...

All I know is this, if I posted on Twitter those things he has posted, I'd have been banned... Probably for life.. The fact that he's the president shouldn't mean he gets a pass.. If anything, he should be held to a higher standard.

If you posted those things here on DT you’d get banned here as well. But the refs here don’t seem to care what trumps posts on twitter and allow others to repost his offensive and false tweet storms here on DT.
rofl
Zuckerberg knocks Twitter for fact-checking Trump, says private companies shouldn't be 'the arbiter of truth'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-twitter-fact-checking-trump

One of their own agrees that Twitter was wrong.
I'm just saying you and pretty much all the posters like yourself continue to be incorrect about everything the past 4 years. You are a perfect example of someone who is consistently wrong but refuses to look objectively at situations. At least have enough intelligence to admit when you're wrong.

I can actually go find all the posts if you'd like me to. A high level overview would be the following:

-OCD lens = Trump is going to crash the economy of the United States. The asteroid is coming tomorrow. He doesn't know what he's doing. Our GDP growth was the best under Obama and we're in for a complete collapse under Trump.
-In reality = The US economy under Trump soars to record highs, low unemployment, Obama era regulations are repealed.

-OCR lens = Trump is a fool on immigration policy. What he's trying to do with illegal immigration, the wall is a stupid effort. He doesn't have the power to do any of those things!!!!!
-In reality = The US constitution grants power to a sitting president to decided who comes into the country. Laws are upheld in the Supreme Court.

-OCD lens = Trump colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election. James Comes, Mueller, and party start an investigation to dig into said crime.
-In reality = No collusion found specifically with Trump, his administration, and related individuals as it relates to the country of Russia.

-OCD lens = Mueller and his pit bull Weismann sure are going to put the screws to Trump. Mueller's got him. Mueller, Mueller, Mueller, Mueller, Mueller.
-In reality = Mueller and his group didn't find anything. Testified under oath of congress and looked like an utter fool. Billions of dollars wasted on investigation.

-OCD lens = Mueller's evidence was solid to begin investigation.
-In reality = Evidence submitted to kick off illegal investigation started with the Steele Dossier, a phony put together, false form bought by the Hillary Clinton campaign. Numerous FBI individuals said the document held no ground but Mueller, Comey went ahead anyway, effectively breaking legal rules and are now guilty of FISA court abuse.

-OCD lens = James Comey is a proud patriot.
-In reality = James Comey committed fraud, FISA abuse, leaked classified information to the Press and is a disgrace to this country.

-OCD lens = Christine Blasey Ford is a proud woman and telling the truth.
-In reality = CBF lied under oath about particular events to try and smear justice Kavanaugh. Friends and peers don't sign off on her story or what happened. A complete waste of money and time.

-OCD lens = Trump is a dirty liar, he deserves to be put into Jail! He withheld funds from Ukraine! The evidence is there, the evidence is all there in black and white! Trump will be stripped of his president title and be removed from office. Nancy Pelosi will take over.
In reality = The attempt to remove president Trump from office was a complete sham by the Democrat party. There was no legal evidence of any wrongdoing relating to Ukraine and Trump, even Ukraine said so. And when they say that it doesn't look good for you guys. A waste of time.
OCD has been wrong on every prediction he's made in the last 4 years. When I read his posts, I consider it fiction. JMO.
Zuckerberg knocks Twitter for fact-checking Trump, says private companies shouldn't be 'the arbiter of truth'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/facebook-mark-zuckerberg-twitter-fact-checking-trump

Quotes the man who won't show the Kent State Photo from May 4, 1970....

I will openly ask if not the platform who then... Even organizations such as Snopes and Politifact are railed against as being biased.
I really just don't understand the need to censor or do anything at all from these outlets, whether that's Twitter, Facbook, anything.

All information should be free flowing except something that's illegal or an immediate danger such as terrorism. Individuals need to be educated enough to make their own decisions for what to consume and what to believe. That's their own responsibility not some company or government's job to tell them otherwise based on arbitrary rules.
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

I will openly ask if not the platform who then... Even organizations such as Snopes and Politifact are railed against as being biased.

Which is why I don't use twitter, facebook, snopes, politifact. Even the cofounder of wikipedia says it's been ruined by liberal bias.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wikipedia-...-lefty-politics
Once again your opinions aren’t fact.
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Which is why I don't use twitter, facebook, snopes, politifact. Even the cofounder of wikipedia says it's been ruined by liberal bias.

Says the king of the fake Fox News links. rofl
Still trying to see if 'obamagate' will stick to the wall, I see.

Who falls for this pathetic stuff?
Quote:
Even the cofounder of wikipedia says it's been ruined by liberal bias

Your world must truly suck. So many boogymen around every corner. Do you check under your bed for scawy, scawy libruls each night?

wow.

I guess your screen name truly days it all...

Satire.
The doors to the discovery of ObamaGate have only just opened.

The flood of information has only just begun to flow.

Patience while Justice takes shape is advised.

You can't feast until the table has been set.
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I really just don't understand the need to censor or do anything at all from these outlets, whether that's Twitter, Facbook, anything.

All information should be free flowing except something that's illegal or an immediate danger such as terrorism. Individuals need to be educated enough to make their own decisions for what to consume and what to believe. That's their own responsibility not some company or government's job to tell them otherwise based on arbitrary rules.
EVERY and all Presidents should be fact checked. Barack to Trump and if he wins to Biden, and to the next guy/gal that takes the seat.

I am sorry, but when the President has said himself that Twitter is a way to reach his base and the American People, he is using it as a source of information, and it should be fact checked.
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

EVERY and all Presidents should be fact checked. Barack to Trump and if he wins to Biden, and to the next guy/gal that takes the seat.

I am sorry, but when the President has said himself that Twitter is a way to reach his base and the American People, he is using it as a source of information, and it should be fact checked.

You'll get branded a snowflake commie libtard if you keep up with the sound logic and thinking ... and of course post anything that questions the King.

It is one thing to take it upon ourselves to fact check anyone's statement but an entirely different circumstance for a private messaging company to assign fact checking to one citizen.

Especially a messaging company with a track record of anti Conservative actions.

Where were Twitters fact checks on Nancy Pelosi or Adam Schiff?

And it has been interesting to see how Obama's cohorts and minions speak on TV out of one side of their mouths and then tell a completely different story when under Oath. tsktsk

Sorry but this is funny.

https://www.facebook.com/journalismproject/programs/third-party-fact-checking/how-it-works

Facebook’s Approach to Fact-Checking: How It Works
Since we do not believe that a private company like Facebook should be the arbiters of truth, we rely on independent fact-checkers to identify and review potential misinformation, which enables us to take action.

Identify
We identify potential misinformation using a variety of signals, and our fact-checking partners can also proactively identify content on their own.
Review
Fact-checkers review and rate the accuracy of stories through original reporting, including interviewing primary sources, consulting public data and conducting analyses of media, including photos and video.
Act
Once we have a rating from a fact-checking partner, we take action by ensuring that fewer people see that misinformation by surfacing fact-check articles to users across our platforms and showing labels on top of false stories.

Third party or not, facts are facts, if they can be proven true/false, then falsities should be corrected and identified.

Facebook is filled with so many false and untrue stories passed around as truth.
j/c...

Your clearly not following this .... if u were u would have a different response ...

U have any clue who twitters “fact checker” is ... lets just say its like putting a fox in charge of the security of the hen house ...

Here is a documented conservative republican point of view on the subject.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020...ek-in-politics/

If possible take the time to listen.

Have an open mind.
j/c

So the same party who says businesses should not be regulated and have the right to run their business as they see fit, are now throwing a fit because a business is doing just that.

Another basic principal they have abandoned in their Trumpian fervor.
Poor poor Trumpians are triggered because dear leader gets called on the carpet for abusing trusts and lying to his sheep. This is now another waste of time conspiracy theory type investigation started by Trump, just like obamagate, investigate the investigators, vote by mail fraud, etc.

Stupid people buy into the dumbest crap.
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Here is a documented conservative republican point of view on the subject.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020...ek-in-politics/

If possible take the time to listen.

Have an open mind.

I will IF u will have an honest discussion with me about it ... which (how’d i do Clem .. i had to think about it .. *L*) ...

Which means u have to open your mind also ... the way your request reads its like i am close minded yet u have an open mind ... which is BS ..

Let me know if your game ... ill listen anyway ... but i’ll keep my opinions to myself unless u want to have an honest discussion about it ...
You wish to require OTHER PEOPLE have on open mind?

saywhat

Oh, that's rich.

rofl
U got me again Forrest .... thumbsup
I see that frontal lobotomy isn't working out very well for you. wink
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

#snowflakes

They whine about everything. Oh no, I'm being beat down because they don't like me....Yikes, I'm not sure I've ever seen a bigger bunch of lying crybabies.

It is one thing to take it upon ourselves to fact check anyone's statement but an entirely different circumstance for a private messaging company to assign fact checking to one citizen.

Especially a messaging company with a track record of anti Conservative actions.

If you followed along, you would realize that this is not a one off thing, and they have fact checked others.

Last I checked, hes the POTUS, not just a citizen. He is literally the face the of country - and thus should be fact checked. Why do you have an issue with them fact checking the President - and no issue with the President needing fact checked?

[color:#FFCC33]Here is a documented conservative republican point of view on the subject.

S.E. Cupp? rofl The typical 'token republican'...CNN has several of these people.
Be careful or you're going to be labeled a liberal snowflake. I know you're not and we've debated things amongst ourselves several times.

I've said this many times and I'll say it again. There are times I disagree with both parties. When it comes to social issues I certainly disagree with Republicans more. But that has what it has always been. A disagreement of political ideas. A difference in political platforms. That has been going on forever.

But this is a different animal. This is about basic human decency. About having some sense of accountability. There has never been anything like it before. Attacking the press. Name calling every opponent. Firing several IG's that are responsible for government oversight. Threatening and trying to interfere with the free press and private business as he is now doing with Twitter. As he has done with Amazon and the USPS.

Nothing about that spells democracy. Nothing about any of that are American ideas. It's about wanting a president with some minimum standard. And while Biden certainly wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice, we are now at a point that simple common decency requires this nation make a change. It's no longer about politics.

I do have an open mind.

I am neither a republican or democrat. I have zero preconceptions. I listen to what is available without prejudice. I seek sources that deal with facts not opinions. I don't depend upon CNN or Fox.

All I want is for the leader of the country to be truthful. If the person does not have the expertise to depend upon those who do. Not to believe that they know more than the generals, judges, intelligence agencies, and medical experts. To provide a unified message to the citizens to protect their health. To set an example for conduct and leadership. Not the opposite like not wearing a mask.

The conduct of the person who now occupies the highest office in this country is deplorable.

There is no way to sugar coat it. Has zero to do with liberal, conservative, republican or democrat.

It has everything to do with being a leader in office with the intent to improve life for all Americans.

trump has demonstrated over and over and over again what his intent is. His own self glorification.

If you followed along, you would realize that this is not a one off thing, and they have fact checked others.

Last I checked, hes the POTUS, not just a citizen. He is literally the face the of country - and thus should be fact checked. Why do you have an issue with them fact checking the President - and no issue with the President needing fact checked?

Fact-checking by CNN and the Washington Post? PA-LEEZE

So where are the fact checks on Nancy, head of the House or Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee?

This is all an effort by Twitter to push the agenda of mail in voting.
God help anyone who expects any type of daily honesty from the president. Trying to compare someone telling a lie on occasion to one spoon feeding lies on a daily basis isn't attractive.
God help anyone who expects any type of daily honesty from the president. Trying to compare someone telling a lie on occasion to one spoon feeding lies on a daily basis isn't attractive.

God help you when a large corporation singles you out for special negative treatment that you defend using on other citizens.

This is all an effort by Twitter to push the agenda of mail in voting.

rofl
Straight out of the mouth of Trump - brought to you by 40 ...

So the lies and the false propaganda peddled about Lori ???

See - it doesn't matter who checks the facts... Facts are facts. Fact is Lori wasn't murdered. But that's why #factsdontmatter to you and the rest of the Trump supporters.

God help you when a large corporation singles you out for special negative treatment that you defend using on other citizens.

Just remember, it's your side who says corporations are people too. You seemed to support that until it doesn't suit your purposes.
Quote:

The flood of information has only just begun to flow.

Patience while Justice takes shape is advised.

You can't feast until the table has been set.

Got my answer.
Thanks.
Quote:
which (how’d i do Clem .. i had to think about it .. *L*) ...

rofl

Dawg- I appreciate the effort!
Nicely done.
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Satire.

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Had me going for the first 30 seconds or so. Brilliant.
Seeing as how u don’t want me dying I figured saving your eyes was the least I could do ... *L* ...

1 for 1 ... good start ... thumbsup
His videos are great. My guess is there’s a bunch of MAGA hatters out there that don’t realize it’s satire... which is funny in its own right.
j/c

So the same party who says businesses should not be regulated and have the right to run their business as they see fit, are now throwing a fit because a business is doing just that.

I will state that when Trump tried to block people on Twitter and got sued and the court forced him to unblock them... this became about more than just a business doing what it wants to do and turned Twitter (and other social media platforms) into a recognized member of "the media"... which took the 1A discussion to a whole different level with respect to social media....

So if they are going to play in that sandbox, then their attempts to regulate, fact-check, block, suspend, etc will be (and should be) much more harshly scrutinized...

When Pelosi accuses someone of Murder, ill care if she is fact checked on Twitter.

how often does Pelosi tweet?
How many Tweets have been deemed false?

I despise Pelosi, I have no issue with her being fact checked, why do you care if the President is?

Did the President lie about Joe S. murdering someone? Did the President tweet false information about mail in ballots?

Yes or no.

No other response is needed. Answer the last two questions.

I do have an open mind.

Ditto

Quote:
I am neither a republican or democrat. I have zero preconceptions. I listen to what is available without prejudice. I seek sources that deal with facts not opinions. I don't depend upon CNN or Fox.

Ditto word for word ... i watch fox business and Tucker Carlson a few times a week at most ,,, thats it for me and fox ...

I thought Regan was not a good president ... i left the Republican Party right after his second term ... IMO neither side cares about us and they all lie through there teeth .. I’ve voted for business men on both sides at every level for 20 years now ... our country has been in economic decline for 30 years now and it keeps getting worse ...

i voted for Clinton twice and thought he has been our best president since the moron Nixon ... thought Clinton was a disgusting human being back then and still do but he did a decent job at being president and thats what i care about ..

Quote:
All I want is for the leader of the country to be truthful.

Me too ... when’s the last time we had that? .. my memories go back to JFK who turned the White House into a whore house .... maybe Carter was honest ... other than that ... good luck ...

Quote:
If the person does not have the expertise to depend upon those who do. Not to believe that they know more than the generals, judges, intelligence agencies, and medical experts. To provide a unified message to the citizens to protect their health. To set an example for conduct and leadership. Not the opposite like not wearing a mask.

Thats a pretty open minded statement ... rolleyes ....

u wanna chat about those line by line no problem ... throwing blanket statements out like that is a lot to have an HONEST discussion about at this point ...

Quote:
The conduct of the person who now occupies the highest office in this country is deplorable.

I won’t argue with that ... he’s a NYC Real Estate Developer ... thats not an excuse ... its who he is ... i wish he wasn’t a jackass near as much as he is ... it’s embarrassing at times ...

For me ... the good far far outweighs the bad .... if u gave me a nicer version of trump I’d vote for them in a heartbeat .... there is no option like that ..... there wasn’t in the primary 4 years ago and there sure as hell isn’t one opposing him this election ....

Quote:
There is no way to sugar coat it. Has zero to do with liberal, conservative, republican or democrat. It has everything to do with being a leader in office with the intent to improve life for all Americans.

trump has demonstrated over and over and over again what his intent is. His own self glorification.

Another real open minded post ... lets just say I couldn’t agree less with your opinion .... and the FACTS back up my side on this one ....
Trumps tantrum leads to an executive order to interfere with social media. Whining ass Barr in the signing presser trying to justify this... ALL BS BECAUSE TRUMP ISN'T ALLOWED TO BLATANTLY LIE! I hope he hangs some day.
j/c...

Facts. The facts of your opinion?

ok.

IMO. What we leave behind for future generations is who we are.

trump's war on the environment is enough for me to never consider him as anything more fossil fuel stooly.

He wants to drill for oil and gas in National Parks.

I could go on and on. Check his record.

Twitter Corrects Fact Check on Voting After It Gets Fact-checked

Joel B. Pollak

28 May 2020

Twitter corrected the notice that it appended to tweets by President Donald Trump on Tuesday after the Wall Street Journal pointed out that the fact check, itself, was factually inaccurate.

After Trump tweeted criticism of California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s decision to send mail-in ballot applications to every registered voter in the state, Twitter added a “fact check” label that read: “Get the facts about mail-in ballots.”

….living in the state, no matter who they are or how they got there, will get one. That will be followed up with professionals telling all of these people, many of whom have never even thought of voting before, how, and for whom, to vote. This will be a Rigged Election. No way!

Twitter’s fact-checking link pointed users to articles by CNN and the Washington Post — two outlets notorious for their opposition to the Trump administration.

However, the Wall Street Journal noted:

Twitter’s fact check of Mr. Trump’s tweet appeared to contain its own misleading statement, however, stating that “mail-in ballots are already used in some states, including Oregon, Utah and Nebraska.” That statement appears to conflate automatic all-mail voting with absentee ballots in regards to at least one state.

While all states allow absentee voting via the mail, only a handful of states including Oregon and Utah automatically send registered voters mail-in ballots. Nebraska, in contrast, recently mailed applications to every voter—in response to the pandemic, and the state didn’t automatically send ballots.

The mistake raised questions about Twitter’s ability to serve as an independent service to fact check statements by Mr. Trump or other political figures on its service. Late Tuesday, Twitter updated its language to remove reference to Nebraska and instead stated that “five states already vote entirely by mail and all states offer some form of mail-in absentee voting.”

The Journal noted in an update: “Late Tuesday Twitter updated its language in a fact-check of President Trump’s tweet.” The Journal‘s Dustin Volz tweeted: “It was corrected after an elections professional notified the company (and me) about the mistake.”

As Breitbart News has reported, California faces at least two lawsuits over mail-in ballots by plaintiffs alleging that Newsom lacks constitutional and legal authority to change the state’s voting system without legislative approval.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/05/2...IiPw2h9mPTM5rGg
So, twitters fact checkers need fact checkers to check the facts that twitters fact checker's misrepresent? Imagine that.

I think DC's post, in a different thread I believe, was spot on: twitter's fact checker/s are republican haters. Imagine that.
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Twitter Corrects Fact Check on Voting After It Gets Fact-checked

Joel B. Pollak

28 May 2020

Twitter corrected the notice that it appended to tweets by President Donald Trump on Tuesday after the Wall Street Journal pointed out that the fact check, itself, was factually inaccurate.

After Trump tweeted criticism of California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s decision to send mail-in ballot applications to every registered voter in the state, Twitter added a “fact check” label that read: “Get the facts about mail-in ballots.”

….living in the state, no matter who they are or how they got there, will get one. That will be followed up with professionals telling all of these people, many of whom have never even thought of voting before, how, and for whom, to vote. This will be a Rigged Election. No way!

Twitter’s fact-checking link pointed users to articles by CNN and the Washington Post — two outlets notorious for their opposition to the Trump administration.

However, the Wall Street Journal noted:

Twitter’s fact check of Mr. Trump’s tweet appeared to contain its own misleading statement, however, stating that “mail-in ballots are already used in some states, including Oregon, Utah and Nebraska.” That statement appears to conflate automatic all-mail voting with absentee ballots in regards to at least one state.

While all states allow absentee voting via the mail, only a handful of states including Oregon and Utah automatically send registered voters mail-in ballots. Nebraska, in contrast, recently mailed applications to every voter—in response to the pandemic, and the state didn’t automatically send ballots.

The mistake raised questions about Twitter’s ability to serve as an independent service to fact check statements by Mr. Trump or other political figures on its service. Late Tuesday, Twitter updated its language to remove reference to Nebraska and instead stated that “five states already vote entirely by mail and all states offer some form of mail-in absentee voting.”

The Journal noted in an update: “Late Tuesday Twitter updated its language in a fact-check of President Trump’s tweet.” The Journal‘s Dustin Volz tweeted: “It was corrected after an elections professional notified the company (and me) about the mistake.”

As Breitbart News has reported, California faces at least two lawsuits over mail-in ballots by plaintiffs alleging that Newsom lacks constitutional and legal authority to change the state’s voting system without legislative approval.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/05/2...IiPw2h9mPTM5rGg

ZING!
ZOWIE!
KABAAM!
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
So, twitters fact checkers need fact checkers to check the facts that twitters fact checker's misrepresent? Imagine that.

I think DC's post, in a different thread I believe, was spot on: twitter's fact checker/s are republican haters. Imagine that.

And as others have written and suggested - everything should be fact checked. Most especially a POTUS that lies, essentially, for a living. Dude is a pathological liar/embellisher. . . whether it's re-posting/re-tweeting Right Wing agendas, telling press conferences to look at bleach as a cure for CV-19 or peddling these lies about a woman who was NOT murdered some 20 years ago. Twitter corrected their error - all be it that it was a relatively minor one. They owned it and corrected it.

Where is Trump's apology and own-age of his lies and smearing of the deceased - Lori - who he peddled false lies and conspiracy theories about? .... You seem so quick to attack the "biased" fact checkers on Twitter for an non-factual part of their audit ... yet still crickets on all the misrepresentations and flasehoods Trump actually tweets about.
Fact check the hell out of all of them. ALL of them, not just the president.

But don't have a 'fact checker' that is totally biased. Can you understand that?

No! Really?! (Said with the utmost sacasm)
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Yes, Foxnews is the authority on bias..

Gees, find anyone else other than FOX or Brietbart or infowars or Rush Limbaugh that thinks this way? Dumb thinking
V

Facts. The facts of your opinion?

ok.

IMO. What we leave behind for future generations is who we are.

trump's war on the environment is enough for me to never consider him as anything more fossil fuel stooly.

He wants to drill for oil and gas in National Parks.

I could go on and on. Check his record.

Facts ... the facts form my opinion ...

No need to check his record ... he wants to drill for oil and gas in national parks ... we agree on that cause its a fact ... then we part ways once our opinions enter in ... u are dead set against it ... I’m meh on it .. i see both sides and choose not to take onion this issue due to my lack of knowledge on the subject ...

I agree what we leave behind determines who are .... i also think that the environment is one cog in that determination not the be all end all ... I’m not a fan of what were doing to the planet but I also don’t think the worlds gonna end in 50 years because of what were doing ...

I can come up with a long list of what i think trump has done wrong .... can u give me a list of things u think he’s done right? ...
The National Parks and forests are sacred. Anyone that's taken a long hike off the main roads into these wilderness areas and experienced the untouched landscapes would realize what a sin it would be to drill and mine there. No oil, minerals or lumber is worth losing that forever. And where would the money go, into the oil, timber and mining company pockets?

I am so opposed to him on so many levels that I admit that it is hard for me to see anything he has done that I am good with.

Immigration has been a disaster for 50 years.

I don't like people crashing the borders. Even though I understand their plight. But building a Wall today is hardly an answer. In fact it is silly. There are better better solutions.

The problem is deep seated and needs real solutions. Not a Wall to fan hatred.

Energy. Fossil fuels need to be slowly phased out. There are better solutions. Coal is hardly the answer.

International policies: The only thing I give trump credit for is trade with China. The need to establish a balance was there and he acted on it.

Other than that he has alienated our allies and slept with our enemies. The whole deal on the murder of Khashoggi proves my point. He let the prince get away with murder all for money.

Honestly, I don't think trump believed he would get elected and he ran solely for more brand awareness. He was ill prepared and has proved his incompetence.

Look who he hired. Fired etc. "All the best people" many now are in jail. He forces Sessions to resign. A guy he hired who supported him. Now he trashes him. As he does with all those that have left.

His conduct and the way he perceives his power is atrocious. He would like to be Putin or Kim. I believe that is exactly what he would like.

I don't see a redeeming quality in the man.

I don't believe the people who support him would be allowed across the threshold of one of his properties. He hangs only with the wealthy. He associates only with those who he feels he can use at some point. I doubt that he has ever done a single labor chore in his life.

He was born to wealth. And he has spent his career climbing on the backs of others to gain more wealth.

I am an American. I believe in capitalism. At the same time guys like Gates and others have done good things with what they have earned.

Let's see trump's taxes. That he promised he would show. Let's see how much tax he paid. Let's see what he actually gave to charities?

But don't have a 'fact checker' that is totally biased. Can you understand that?

You mean like Breitbart? Facts are either facts or they're not. Shooting the messenger will not change the facts.

But only facts coming from some right wing, radical conspiracy site seem to work for some.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
j/c

I will state that when Trump tried to block people on Twitter and got sued and the court forced him to unblock them... this became about more than just a business doing what it wants to do and turned Twitter (and other social media platforms) into a recognized member of "the media"... which took the 1A discussion to a whole different level with respect to social media....

So if they are going to play in that sandbox, then their attempts to regulate, fact-check, block, suspend, etc will be (and should be) much more harshly scrutinized...

Twitter did not sue Trump. So it wasn't Twitter playing in that sand box. Had they have been the ones to do that I could see your point. Not only that, you are comparing two things that are totally different. Nobody sued Trump for checking the facts of those posters statements. Had that been the case I may have also agreed with your point.
j/c...

Here's a 17 part explanation on the merits of Trump's Executive Order...

I assume she meant it to read long "thread" alert. Part 5 is where she begins discussing the EO...for anyone interested.

Click the tweet or link for the full thread.

https://twitter.com/daniellecitron/status/1266381845735899141
What I don't get about this entire situation is he wasn't even censored.

Twitter left the two original up with a disclaimer at the bottom that said "hey, he's lying. Here's the truth."

They even left up his call for violence tweet, too.

It seems what's making conservatives angry, especially those on this very site, is that a private business followed their ToS for once and actually held our impeached President accountable.

Sure, there's the whole "whatabout the fact checker who is..." nonsense but I'm not engaging in USSR propaganda arguments.
Trump just goes off the deep end any time anyone questions anything he says. He either fires them, calls them fake, labels them an enemy or tries to ruin their business. It's all he knows how to do.

[color:#FFCC33]I am so opposed to him on so many levels that I admit that it is hard for me to see anything he has done that I am good with.

That doesn’t sound open minded to me in the least ... your not even close to open minded when it comes to trump even though u stated u let the facts dictate your conclusions ... your dislike of trump drives your conclusions ... at least your finally being honest about it ...

What is it u don’t like about the first step act?
What is it about the opportunity zones he’s creating in lower income areas u don’t like?
What is it about the major increases in funding he gave to HBU’s u don’t like?

Is there something wrong with All the jobs he’s brought back from overseas?
Is there something wrong with unemployment being so low companies like Amazon and Wal Mart were forced to give decent raises? ... Amazon even went up to the minimum wage that is currently all the rage of 15/hour

What’s wrong with him decimating ISIS and turning it into a t-ball league?

I could keep going but thats plenty of good he’s done ....

Quote:
Immigration has been a disaster for 50 years.

I don't like people crashing the borders. Even though I understand their plight. But building a Wall today is hardly an answer. In fact it is silly. There are better better solutions.

The problem is deep seated and needs real solutions. Not a Wall to fan hatred.

What r your solutions? Ones that will actually work .... and keep in mind almost every single person in the border patrol says a wall is necessary as does all the former and current higher ups in the border patrol ....

Why is a wall silly? U may think its overkill but silly? ...

It is a deep seated problem that does need real solutions ... there’s one real simple, easy one .... why is a wall where needed not a real solution? ... do real walls not work? ...

Spread hate? ... u can come here ... just do it the way your suppose too .. WTF is wrong with that .... if u don’t want to come here the right way were going to make it as hard on u as we can to get here ... how is that spreading hate? .... Sounds like common sense to me ...

Thats enough for now ...
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
What is it about the opportunity zones he’s creating in lower income areas u don’t like?

Here are a few concerns if you'll take the time to read them.

Latino labor has been ingrained into the work force. Why? Because they are hired. There is demand.

Allow a passage to be documented as a workforce. Provide verifiable identification with a tax ID. Track their employment. Tax them. Allow them to go back and forth. For the most part these people are trying to escape poverty and persecution. They are trying to improve their lives and feed their families. We have technology.
Currently Immigrants make up approximately 17 percent of the U.S. labor force, about one in six workers.Jun 5, 2018

A Wall. First of all that is the symptom not the root cause or cure. There will be no wall spanning the entire border. You want to build one across Canada as well? How about along both coasts? Desperate people will find ways to get in. Would a wall have stopped 911?

If no employer were allowed to hire the labor there would be no illegal workers. They are breaking the law. No different than coming across illegally.

The Wall is a political trump symbol. IT will not solve immigration.

You mean HBCU's?
https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2020...-largely-backed

ISIS. Really? So that is all trump?

Unemployment. Don't even go there. When you provide detailed research that proves trump direct impact I will be glad to look at that.

Show numbers about jobs brought back. Cheap labor overseas is part of nearly every product you own. Sharpen your teeth on International trade and get back to me.

Verifiable facts drive my conclusions. I know who and what trump is.
Twitter did not sue Trump. So it wasn't Twitter playing in that sand box. Had they have been the ones to do that I could see your point. Not only that, you are comparing two things that are totally different. Nobody sued Trump for checking the facts of those posters statements. Had that been the case I may have also agreed with your point.

I never said Twitter sued Trump, I said he was sued for blocking people on Twitter.. none of that changes the fact that the ruling, impacted how Twitter is treated as a media outlet..
According to what you've posted in the past late night TV and Bill Maher are treated as a media outlet. Yet they can not be sued for what is obviously considered comedic quotes like an actual media outlet.

Here's the rub, Nobody censored Trump in any way. Nobody has restricted anything he posts on Twitter. By contrast that's exactly what Trump was attempting to do. These two examples couldn't be further apart.
If I were GOP, I would be very hesitant to support tRumpf's assault on IG and Congress's oversight.

Sooner or later a liberal President will get elected and USE all the Powers tRumpf is assuming for the Presidency. GOP will stain their shorts.
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
If I were GOP, I would be very hesitant to support tRumpf's assault on IG and Congress's oversight.

Sooner or later a liberal President will get elected and USE all the Powers tRumpf is assuming for the Presidency. GOP will stain their shorts.
I've been saying that for a long time ... every new low that Trump sets is simply precedent for a future POTUS to scoop to. Left or right doesn't really matter.
According to what you've posted in the past late night TV and Bill Maher are treated as a media outlet. Yet they can not be sued for what is obviously considered comedic quotes like an actual media outlet.

Here's the rub, Nobody censored Trump in any way. Nobody has restricted anything he posts on Twitter. By contrast that's exactly what Trump was attempting to do. These two examples couldn't be further apart.

Not for nothing but Hillary Clinton warned us that you could trigger Trump with a tweet... She was so very right
© DawgTalkers.net