DawgTalkers.net
Attendees for the June 19 Trump rally are being asked to acknowledge "an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19" and agree not to hold the campaign liable.

President Donald Trump is set to resume his campaign rallies next week — but attendees have to agree not to hold his campaign liable if they get the coronavirus in the 19,000-seat arena.

An invitation for the June 19 event in Tulsa, Oklahoma asks people to register online for the event —and waive their rights to sue if they get sick.

"By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.," the rally site or organizers "liable for any illness or injury," the form says.

The rally is being held in the Bank of Oklahoma Center and comes as the city is in phase three of reopening from the coronavirus pandemic.

“Under Phase 3, businesses may resume unrestricted staffing at their worksites by observing proper CDC-recommended social distancing protocols and are recommended to continue increased cleaning and disinfecting practices," Gov. Kevin Stitt's office said in a May 29th statement.

A Trump campaign official said there would be health precautions in place at the event but did not elaborate. White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters on Wednesday she didn't have specific information but said "we will ensure that everyone who goes is safe."

Stitt, a Republican, has hailed the Trump event. “The President is making Oklahoma his first campaign stop since March 2, and his visit here confirms Oklahoma is the national example in responsibly and safely reopening," he said Wednesday.

The event had already been controversial because of the site and the date. Tulsa is the site of the Greenwood massacre, where a white mob killed an estimated 300 black people and torched the neighborhood's "Black Wall Street" in 1921, and the 19th is also known as Juneteenth, a holiday that marks the end of slavery in the United States.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...orters-n1230271

rofl

“You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero,”

Now sign here.
Oh, we're back to caring about large group gatherings?
trump honks have been told by trump that the virus is a hoax.
Now they have to sign a form acknowledging the virus.
Their remaining collective brain cell is struggling to hold all the cognitive dissonance together.
Liberal sheep believed the virus was the end of civilization.
The economy needed to be sacrificed to save every man, woman, and child.
Then they forgot about that for 3 weeks and had mass gatherings where everybody stood shoulder to shoulder with strangers night after night.
Now it's about Trump so it's a problem again.

Because... science.
People willingly potentially risked virus exposure to advocate for the lives of black Americans.

Please don't do this.
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
People willingly potentially risked virus exposure to advocate for the lives of black Americans.

Please don't do this.

Are you serious???

Or, put another way "People willingly potentially, and knowingly put the rest of the community at a higher risk so they could get a tv, or a pair of shoes, or even some dish soap....'free'.

Look, I agree with the peaceful protests, I really do.

But, I fear it won't be long until we're told "These people can't buy what they need in their own neighborhoods. They have to drive out to get what they need." And the burned down buildings, stores, etc, will be forgotten.

Please don't do this.

Maybe that wasn't the best tact to take.. but I'm ticked.

Every day I get a daily briefing from the NYT in an e-mail, it highlights the top 4 or 5 stories of the day. Every day I go read the coronavirus update, mostly because it's my job. I have construction managers in cities all over the east coast and I need to know which spots are hot/flat/declining, etc. so I can keep my people safe. I check the NYT and a couple other sources.

Every day for a long time the story reads the same, if there is a flare up in a red state, they quickly point out precautions not taken, when they opened up, etc... when it's in a blue state, it's a shame for those poor victims and it probably couldn't have been avoided.

So every day for the last week they have continued to highlight flare ups and hot spots.. then they talk about when they opened up and what is going on socially in those areas that might have caused it... know what they haven't mentioned ONE SINGLE TIME ALL WEEK? That we are more than 2 weeks into mass, unregulated protests in every major city and quite a few smaller cities and towns.... not one time have they even given it a passing mention that maybe... JUST MAYBE... that might have something to do with it.

And Arch is partially right. Every time somebody talked about opening a beach or something like that the response was always the same... "If these idiots want to kill themselves, I don't care, but they are going to take this back and kill other people." "What about MY grandma?" So these protestors weren't just risking themselves, they were risking everybody.

Please don't do this.

People also willingly risked virus exposure to protest what they felt were a violation of their rights to operate their businesses and earn a paycheck.

It is absolutely hypocritical to condemn one side and praise the other.

Personally, I feel both sides were wrong, because they risked passing on the infection to other people by ignoring social distancing guidelines.
I understand how people expect no more form the president of our nation than anyone else. You've made it clear in the past that we shouldn't expect him to act any better than the fry cook at the Waffle House.

I guess that's why when we have no national policy concerning the virus he gets a free pass from some. When he goes around wearing no mask, when he goes around saying insidious things, sewing seeds of division, we should just figure that our angry Uncle Bill does the same thing, so...

At least the vast majority of protestors had enough common sense to wear masks and were outside. Let's see how these indoor rallies look. And of course there's the whole "sign a waver " part of it. It's wonderful to see our president set up conditions ripe for spreading the virus yet wish to hold no accountability.

But then he's already said that when it comes to the virus he takes no responsibility. So it's par for the course and people seem fine with that.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

You sound like 40cent.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

You sound like 40cent.

At least I don't make up or join in on stupid names for other board members.

The media has done a good job of keeping us up to date on all of the daily protests around the nation for the last 3+ weeks.

The media has done a good job of keeping us up to date on all of the areas in the country where coronavirus is spiking/flat/declining.

The media has done a masterful job of making sure those two stories never overlap. At best, it is disingenuous reporting to talk about covid spikes and mention that the local swimming pools opened up and restaurants started allowing diners at 50% capacity a couple weeks ago but fail to mention the 10,000 people who crammed into a 3 block area night after night to protest.

You may believe that they were taking a calculated risk for a higher purpose, that's fine. Failing to mention it is agenda-driven reporting.

To further that end, they aren't even really trying to connect the dots..

NYC COVID-19 Contact Tracers Not Asking About George Floyd Protest Participation, Despite Fears of New Virus Wave
BY GREG B. SMITH JUN 14, 2020, 5:30PM EDT

Over the two last weeks, Mayor Bill de Blasio and others have voiced concerns that packed police brutality protests across the city could trigger a new wave of COVID-19 infections.

Whether or not that’s the case, however, remains unknown — and de Blasio’s team won’t be directly trying to find out.

The hundreds of contact tracing workers hired by the city under de Blasio’s new “test and trace” campaign have been instructed not to ask anyone who’s tested positive for COVID-19 whether they recently attended a demonstration, City Hall confirmed to THE CITY.

“No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” Avery Cohen, a spokesperson for de Blasio, wrote in an emailed response to questions by THE CITY.

Instead, test-and-trace workers ask COVID-positive individuals general questions to help them “recall ‘contacts’ and individuals they may have exposed,” Cohen said. Among the initial questions: “Do you live with anyone in your home?”

Tracers then ask about “close contacts” — defined as being within six feet of another person for at least 10 minutes.

It’s up to tested individuals to volunteer whether any of those close contacts occurred during protests. “If a person wants to proactively offer that information, there is an opportunity for them to do so,” Cohen wrote.

The mayor announced his “test and trace” program on May 8, promising that the city would hire 1,000 “contact tracers.” City Hall has declined to spell out how many individuals have been questioned so far, but de Blasio promised to release that information Monday.

Since the effort began, officials say most — but not all — people questioned by contact tracers have been cooperative. Some, however, have refused to volunteer any information about their close contacts.

“Naturally, we have not been able to obtain all information from all positive cases, but engagement among those reached is high,” Cohen wrote.

Mayor and Gov Want to Know
There’s no direct effort to resolve a question both de Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo have asked repeatedly since the demonstrations against police brutality erupted following the death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police: Are the protests helping spread the virus?

“That’s the one variable in this equation that we’re not sure of: We don’t know what the effect of those protests are,” Cuomo said last week.

The three-day average percentage of New Yorkers whose COVID-19 test turned out positive has dropped dramatically, from 69% on March 31 to an all-time low of 2% as of June 8.

This has occurred, in part, because initially only people diagnosed as very sick were tested. More recently, a much larger pool of individuals has been tested — including those with no symptoms — driving down the percentage of positives.

But there’s a growing concern the numbers could spike again, given Phase One of the city’s reopening and the protests.

So far, there have been no apparent signs of a dramatic swing. De Blasio on Thursday announced the three-day average percentage of positive tests had risen slightly from 2% to 3%.

Cuomo and de Blasio find themselves walking a tightrope, warning protesters to be aware that COVID-19 remains a very real threat to life and strongly advising all who attend demonstrations to get tested. But they are also steering clear of dissuading anyone from participating in demonstrations.

A Different Experience
A key source of tests for the virus now is the medical chain CityMD with 100 clinics in the city, New Jersey and Long Island. A New Yorker who called up CityMD last week to get an appointment for a test after witnessing a daunting line at one of the clinics told THE CITY that the CityMD staff asked the individual whether they’d attended a protest.

CityMD officials did not respond to messages seeking comment.

In Nassau County, health officials take a slightly different approach. While they do not ask individuals who test positive whether they’ve attended protests, they do ask them where they’ve been recently.

“We ask them questions about where they’ve been so that we can gauge who may be at risk,” said Mary Ellen Laurain, a spokesperson for the Nassau County Health Department. “It may come out as part of the interview, but we ask more open-ended questions.”

Despite Cuomo’s concerns about the effect of the protests, the state Health Department has remained neutral on the issue.

Jonah Bruno, an agency spokesperson, stated, “We’re working with New York City to balance the public health priority while also protecting personal privacy, as we seek to ensure a thorough contact tracing program that helps us contain the COVID-19 virus and monitor any fluctuations in the infection rate as we continue reopening New York.”

‘Treat People with Ease’
Dr. S. Patrick Kachur, a professor at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health and a former official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said contact trackers face a balancing act: trying to obtain useful information about an infected person’s contacts without alienating them with overly intrusive questions.

Asking someone if they’d been at a protest could wind up discouraging them from being candid in their answers, he noted.

“I think the logic has to do with the fact that contact tracing requires a strong level of trust between the interviewer and the person they’re talking to,” he said. “It’s really important to have a good rapport and treat people with ease. It’s important to not ask questions that will impede your ability to do the best job you can.”

For example, Kachur, who has been involved in contact tracking during previous pandemics involving the flu and Zika, noted that when investigators are trying to track the spread of HIV, tuberculosis or most diseases, they make a point of not asking about a person’s immigration status.

And while knowledge of how the protests might be sparking a second wave would be helpful, it would be very difficult to track close contacts at events attended by thousands of strangers, he said.

“There’s definitely a concern that state and city officials have that the protests could be a place where transmission occurs, but that risk is lower than household and other community contacts,” Kachur said. “And it would be really challenging to trace those contacts who you’ve been protesting with.”

Going forward, a key question will be whether Blasio’s test-and-trace program can handle the workload as increased testing yields more positive cases and more contacts to trace.

“How well are they able to keep up with the complete investigations that they are able to trace?” Kachur asked. “If they have more cases than they can deal with, that would be concerning. It would be a confusing month or two here.”

Source

But how much do you want to bet that if there is any outbreak that can even remotely be associated with a Trump rally or any conservative gathering... we'll know immediately.
I have no idea what news sources you watch and read but I have certainly seen much reporting that connects the two and raises a lot of concern about tying the protests to the spread of the virus. Once again I think this is a preconceived notion you have in your head.
Trump warns protesters ahead of Tulsa rally

President Trump on Friday warned individuals against protesting in Tulsa, Okla., ahead of his Saturday campaign rally there, suggesting any demonstrators would be treated harshly.

“Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis,” Trump tweeted Friday. “It will be a much different scene!”

Trump has heavily criticized Democratic leaders in New York, Seattle and Minneapolis for not sufficiently cracking down on demonstrations that have erupted across the country to protest racism and police brutality in the wake of the death of George Floyd.

The city of Tulsa has announced a curfew for Friday and Saturday in order to prevent violent protesting around Trump’s rally, which has been shrouded in controversy since the president initially announced plans last week to hold it in Tulsa on June 19.

Trump was forced to move the date to June 20 after widespread outcry over the campaign’s decision to not just stage the event on Juneteenth, an annual holiday that marks the end of slavery in the United States, but to stage it in Tulsa, the site of one of the deadliest incidents of anti-black racial violence in the country in 1921.

The Trump campaign has also faced criticism for holding the large-scale event during the coronavirus pandemic, prompting concerns from the city’s health department.

The campaign plans to distribute masks and hand sanitizer to attendees as well as perform temperature checks before the rallygoers enter Tulsa’s BOK Center. The venue holds 19,000 people, and the campaign said it has received more than 1 million requests for tickets.

Attendees have also been asked to sign a coronavirus waiver.

Trump has been repeatedly criticized for his handling of the protests in the wake of Floyd’s killing at the hands of police in Minneapolis.

While Trump has expressed outrage at Floyd’s death, he has also sharply criticized protests that have at times turned violent and has demanded that states more forcefully crack down on the demonstrations.

Trump earlier this month threatened to dispatch active-duty troops to areas that do not sufficiently suppress the demonstrations. The president has more recently excoriated Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) and Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan (D) for failing to dispel a group of protesters that have occupied part of the city.

"You have a governor who doesn’t do a damn thing about it, and you have a mayor that doesn’t know she’s alive," Trump told reporters on Monday.

"If they don’t do the job, I’ll do the job," Trump continued, without offering specifics.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/503547-trump-warns-protesters-ahead-of-tulsa-rally
He's such a blow hard coward. Somebody should make a "Captain Bone Spurs to the rescue" meme.
Further proof that it was never about the rioters and looters, but the movement overall that trump and his supporters have a problem with.
Inciting a riot.

He should be ashamed. But then again he has no shame.

*see Stormy with pregnant wife.

This rally will be a problem. And trump is encouraging violence.
Promoting division is his specialty.

This rally will not go well.

And that is unfortunate. I don't want to see confrontations between groups because it always leads to violence.

Then the blame game begins.

The trump supporters should be allowed to do their thing in peace. However, emotions will be hot. People opposed will show up. People will get into each others faces. And there you go.

This event was poorly planned. Should have been outdoors. Should have been promoted as "please follow virus precautions." Have masks available. Promote peaceful rally.

Nooo . None of that. trump will not wear a mask in public. It is his political statement. He will incite his crowd to not tolerate anyone.

This is what we have.
After his angry Tweet, I wonder if we'll be seeing non military personnel in their fake uniforms walking around with assault rifles? At this point nothing will surprise me.
After his angry Tweet, I wonder if we'll be seeing non military personnel in their fake uniforms walking around with assault rifles? At this point nothing will surprise me.

No, they're up in Seattle right now.
You really don't pay much attention do you?

I hope (but doubt) people are smart enough to NOT protest at/near the Trump rally as there will be NO winners. Leave the Trump supporters alone and don't give anyone the opportunity to turn peaceful protests into an Anti Antifa etc narrative, you know there will be Trump supporters and Alt Right trying to make it as violent and deadly as possible.
j/c

Tulsa mayor declares civil emergency ahead of Trump rally

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-rally...B8et7UgCGWoOP_U
Trump Rally in Tulsa

j/c...

"There will never be another USA" lol...

Yeah, I am dumbfounded. Where was everyone during the BLM protests and riots?
If I was in charge,I would round up a bunch of diehard Dems,that have the virus,dress them up as Trump supporters and unleash them on the rally goers.
Poetic justice.
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
If I was in charge,I would round up a bunch of diehard Dems,that have the virus,dress them up as Trump supporters and unleash them on the rally goers.
Poetic justice.

Yeah, that's the problem. Douche bags on b I th sides. Hopefully you are joking, but that mindset exists in both sides and it's disgusting.
It's the same kind of mindset that has alt-right activists trying to paint violent protests at the doors of BLM, and posting fake videos and craigslist ads depicting BLM and antifa as terrorist organizations
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Yeah, I am dumbfounded. Where was everyone during the BLM protests and riots?

So in other words Trump is no better than the people you despise. Great!
Poetic justice.

There’s no need. The science denying unmasked fools will bring their own doom.
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Poetic justice.

Did you see the videos this morning. The Petri dish is filling. 8 hours outside, a few inside-let the experiment begin
Poetic justice.

Darwin always wins.
Cull the herd.
The slow ones and the dumb ones.
I wonder if they’ll consider the attendees that get sick part of the DEeP StATe?
Or if they’ll tell their loved ones at home that they get sick that they’re lying cUZ iT’S a hOAx?
#trumpvirus

Politics and pandemic.

"If" anyone other than trump would have been in office the US would not be leading the world in the wrong category of contracted cases and deaths.

Any person with a conscious and a patriotic bone in his body would have recognized the dangers early on. They would have gotten in front of the United States people and gave them the science behind the precautions. Explained why it so important to do everything to contain the virus. They would have set the example for public health consciousness.
Would have explained why it is so important to protect others as well as yourself.

Instead what trump did was ignore it. Tell everyone it will go away. Why? For only one reason. His warped sense that it is all about him. How great he is. A macho guy who believes it is a sign of weakness to wear a mask. Forget everyone else. Again. Me, it is all about me. How I must get re-elected.

All his guys Kelly, Cohen, Mattis, Bolton, everyone within knows nothing but his re-election is important.
"Enter at your own risk and then vote for me." If some get infected it will be a small percentage. If a few die. Who cares. It is worth it. If I get re-elected.

Think about this. The president of the United States has on two occasions sought a foreign hostile governments help to insure he gets re-elected.

trump wants to corrupt the election process. Think about that. Think about how this pandemic has been handled. How many have died that would not have had to die if things were handled correctly.

And some want to re-elect this guy??

What are you thinking? Really what are you thinking?

Originally Posted By: bonefish

And some want to re-elect this guy??

What are you thinking? Really what are you thinking?

They think it's just fine and dandy to try to win by any means. The ends justify the means. Look at all those judicial appointments baby. . . . Sold their soul to the devil - but will be going to Church on Sunday ! Oh yeah ! Murica !

Fauci said Trump hasn't talked with the task force in weeks. Probably too busy working on his rally.
They should get the names and addresses of all attendees and see how many get the virus and how many die. Then do contact tracing to minimize exposure beyond the rally.

People will die because of this rally. Its just a matter of how many.
Originally Posted By: BADdog
They should get the names and addresses of all attendees and see how many get the virus and how many die. Then do contact tracing to minimize exposure beyond the rally.

People will die because of this rally. Its just a matter of how many.

Wonder how the attendees will blame Obama, or anything and everything else except trump, when they or their loved ones die?
Six campaign staffers working the rally in Tulsa have tested positive.

Hilarious
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

Hilarious

1. Why is this hilarious?

2. I wonder how many have (or will) test positive as a result of peacefully protesting the past few weeks or participated in rioting? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be more than six. Should this be considered hilarious too? I sure as hell don't think so.

People getting this virus in whatever way they get it is not a laughing matter.

Unbelievable.
thumbsup Memphis!
20,000 people 400 will get it 8 will die.
Thats what I think is about to happen. 8 totally avoidable deaths.
No one was concerned about people dying from covid during the protests. Now you are suddenly concerned about avoidable deaths again.
I was.
Still am.
I'm concerned about all the inconsiderate asspiles I see walking around in stores unmasked.

This thing is not to be trivialized.
Protesters/rallyrats- it doesn't care. I just wants its next host.
Originally Posted By: Squires
No one was concerned about people dying from covid during the protests. Now you are suddenly concerned about avoidable deaths again.

Oh you can read my mind? wow oh no you cant thats not what I was thinking at all.
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

This thing is not to be trivialized.

Tell that to trump
tRumpf cancelled overflow address due to LOW turnout of 12 people...
Jim Jordon sighting at the rally! thumbsup
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

Hilarious

1. Why is this hilarious?

2. I wonder how many have (or will) test positive as a result of peacefully protesting the past few weeks or participated in rioting? I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be more than six. Should this be considered hilarious too? I sure as hell don't think so.

People getting this virus in whatever way they get it is not a laughing matter.

Unbelievable.

You are right. So why aren't masks obligatory for this rally? Why so many packed into such a small venue?

Be interesting to see if we can chart the actual cases spread as a direct result of this stupidity and ignorance - and sadly the deaths also.

And yes - I'd do the same for the protests as well.
His rally is actually kind of entertaining.
We just had a US president, on live tv, refer to COVID-19 as the “Kung flu”.

If this is the kind of behavior you like out of a president, don’t complain about being ruthlessly mocked.

You’ve more than earned it.
Originally Posted By: Swish
We just had a US president, on live tv, refer to COVID-19 as the “Kung flu”.

If this is the kind of behavior you like out of a president, don’t complain about being ruthlessly mocked.

You’ve more than earned it.

While the left says stating the virus is from China is racist.
thats all you got? cant defend trump so just play whatabout.

again, you deserve to be ruthlessly mocked.
Trump back in rally form in Tulsa, but the promised crowd doesn't show

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-back-in...-014255164.html

lmfao, swear i've seen more people at a cleveland monster's game than the pathetic crowd here. so much for that million request for tickets hahahahahahaha
Its mostly (obviously) due to the virus.

There's nothing to defend. For months before the virus escaped china, it was called the wuhan flu. Later it was called the Chinese Corona virus. Suddenly, the leftist media decided the name would be covid-19, and called everyone mentioning China a racist. Crisis created. Just another example of how ridiculous the left media can be.
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

There's nothing to defend. For months before the virus escaped china, it was called the wuhan flu. Later it was called the Chinese Corona virus. Suddenly, the leftist media decided the name would be covid-19, and called everyone mentioning China a racist. Crisis created. Just another example of how ridiculous the left media can be.

That's EXACTLY what happened .... When #factsdontmatter
Surprise surprise. Erik doesn’t have any problem with trump calling it Kung flu.

Pathetic, but expected.
You would know a fact if it poked you in the eye.
Surprise surprise. Erik doesn’t have any problem with trump calling it Kung flu.

Pathetic, but expected.

What level of outrage are you looking for here? I just listened to it and it was tacky but we are way past labeling him as tacky. He's definitely tacky. He doesn't act presidential. I think that has been established for a long time now. If his supporters haven't jumped ship by now, kung flu isn't going to change that.

Do you think it was derogatory? I could see that. It certainly doesn't help. But I think passing legislation to not call it the Wuhan flu because it's racist is kind of wacky too.

Both are dumb. One is just way more tacky than the other.

And all this board does is duck and dodge. No one ever addresses anything. Every question or issue is answered with a similar situation from the other side. Both sides do this, especially the most frequent posters in this forum.
j/c...

Et tu, Drudge Report?

Im looking for acknowledgment that this is wrong and completely out of line for a president to be displaying such low character as to to make bigoted and arguably racist comments during multiple crises in this country.

Sorry but I will not normalize this trash and make excuses for it like you are. We are not and will not be on the small wave length.

Stop making excuses for trash.
Mr. Trump was furious about the unused outdoor stage and the comparatively thin crowd in the stadium, according to two people familiar with his reaction. News broadcasts carried video of the partially empty stadium, and even the Drudge Report, a reliably conservative website, carried an all-caps headline that said “MAGA LESS MEGA” with a picture of rows and rows of empty blue seats.

The disappointing turnout came as Mr. Trump already found himself under siege about his sudden firing of the U.S. attorney in Manhattan and his losing legal battle over the release of a memoir full of damaging revelations by John R. Bolton, his former national security adviser. And in Tulsa, Mr. Trump faced criticism for ignoring pleas from officials about health risks to rallygoers and for restarting his “Make America Great Again!” rallies in a city where a white mob massacred hundreds of black residents 99 years ago.

In rambling, grievance-filled remarks, Mr. Trump made no reference to the Tulsa massacre of 1921 or to George Floyd, whose death at the hands of a white police officer in Minneapolis last month spurred global demands for racial justice. He also did not mention Juneteenth, which marks the end of slavery in the United States and fell just a day before his rally.

You want to talk facts after this steaming pile of nonsense? Lol.
Im looking for acknowledgment that this is wrong and completely out of line for a president to be displaying such low character as to to make bigoted and arguably racist comments during multiple crises in this country.

This was not the context of your question. Your question was specific to what he said today and that specific phrase. Now you're changing the context to serve your broader crusade.

For the record I think Trump has failed miserably the last few months. He's had multiple opportunities to step up and be a leader and has fallen on his face. When he should have been trying to bring the country together, he was doing anything but. He has likely cost himself reelection. That's a good thing right?

Quote:
Stop making excuses for trash.

I'm not making excuses. I asked what level of outrage you were looking for. I didn't realize I was in the midst of a bait and switch...comment on one thing, then throw everything else in there in subsequent posts and feign maximum outrage.

And if you want people to stop making excuses for trash, is there anyone on here that will hold both sides accountable for the trash? I'll give you some kudos. I've seen you do it from time to time. I think you are one of maybe five people who can discuss these topics rationally and objectively - when you want to. But for the most part, this board has become a breeding ground for venting everyone's latest emotional outburst. Kinda like you did here.
?

what question? you're the one who responded to me, and you asked a question and i answered.

imma be honest bro i didnt read anything else after that.

do you have a problem with the president calling it the kung flu virus?

if not, why?

lets see if you can actually answer that without blaming "the left". lets see if you can actually stay on topic instead of playing what about.

your "for the record" doesnt mean much to me right now. i've heard more spin than actual denouncing of the presidents comments. the message you think you're sending is not the message being received.
this should be a very easy exercise, but instead its like pulling teeth.

cant talk about anything with out "what about" and spin spin spin.

y'all like ballerinas on this board.

im actually sticking to the topic and talking about what trump said in this speech, but instead i got two dudes trying to pull the convo somewhere else then act like im the one dodging.

all i can do is laugh.
I thought it was tacky, unpresidential, and lacking of leadership. Did I think it was racist? No, I did not take it that way. Is Trump racist against Asian people? I have no idea. Was it in poor taste and unbecoming of his title? Yes, I believe it was.

Was that enough outrage? Was the volume high enough? Did I use the right words? How about my tone? Was it just right or a tad off? Are you actually reading these words or did you stop after the first sentence? Am I typing for nothing? Was I supposed to cover another topic?
thats exactly that kind of response i was looking for. actual thoughts on the specific topic.

cool, what to discuss anything else on the topic of trump's disastrous campaign rally?

if you wanna get into an argument about the left and whatnot, there's other threads for that.

but i wanna discuss the topic of the thread. wanna talk about how a community college basketball team gets more turnout than trump's rally tonight?
I cannot wait to vote for this man in November!

I agree...I'm volunteering for the Trump campaign to help in any way that I can for his re-election!

I've read there's talk of Biden choosing Kamala Harris as his VP...
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

I agree...I'm volunteering for the Trump campaign to help in any way that I can for his re-election!

I've read there's talk of Biden choosing Kamala Harris as his VP...

rofl your worse nightmare right? Pfft trump supporters.
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Its mostly (obviously) due to the virus.

rofl Hasn’t stopped millions of protesters who wear masks the last few weeks has it? The few trump supporters that turned out In Tulsa was a hard slap to trump’s face. Enjoy.
same here

Actually, do some research and you'll find no leftest organization named it anything....
I cannot wait to vote for this trash human in November!

Fixed it.
I don’t understand your love affair with a scumbag liar but I figured you might as well be accurate in your statement.

Brilliant.

2.3 million cases of Covid 19. 121,293 Americans dead.

And trump makes jokes about Kung flu.

How presidential.

Especially in light of the fact that many of those deaths are the result of the lack of his leadership to take corrective actions that would have prevented those deaths.

Take that to bed and sleep well on that.
jc...

Trump tells "his people"...'if we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases' of the coronavirus"...

...but I say, "stopping the testing or cutting back on the testing will have no affect on the death total from covid-19".

Dude... Your freaking location says Portland. Have you seen the people's beliefs that live there? Like 99% of them are completely irrational and socialist. They are way out in left field and I mean way way out there. They want big government, big programs, less freedoms, less borders, illegal immigration, 30 dollar minimum wage, universal health care. Get out of here with that nonsense!!

Originally Posted By: mac
jc...

Trump tells "his people"...'if we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases' of the coronavirus"...

...but I say, "stopping the testing or cutting back on the testing will have no affect on the death total from covid-19".

According to CDC...

TOTAL DEATHS = 119,055

New Deaths* = 690
(*Compared to yesterday's data)

Dude... Your freaking location says Portland. Have you seen the people's beliefs that live there? Like 99% of them are completely irrational and socialist. They are way out in left field and I mean way way out there. They want big government, big programs, less freedoms, less borders, illegal immigration, 30 dollar minimum wage, universal health care. Get out of here with that nonsense!!

Interesting take.... completely wrong, but interesting.

Here’s your conman doing his conman thing... stiffing contractors again. He’s such an upstanding guy. I can see the allure.

Trump D.C. Hotel Contractors Say They're Owed Millions

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/11/509168365...aign=storyshare
j/c

Trump campaign blames "radical" protestors, media for lack of crowd size

The Trump Campaign is trying to blame “radical” protesters, even saying some were allegedly blocking metal detectors, for frightening off some of the President’s supporters from attending the campaign events today in Tulsa.

Several CNN teams on the ground said they did not see any of that type of activity near the event site. There were protesters in the downtown area, although there was a large security perimeter preventing them from getting within blocks of the arena where the rally is being held.

“President Trump is rallying in Tulsa with thousands of energetic supporters, a stark contrast to the sleepy campaign being run by Joe Biden from his basement in Delaware. Sadly, protestors interfered with supporters, even blocking access to the metal detectors, which prevented people from entering the rally. Radical protestors, coupled with a relentless onslaught from the media, attempted to frighten off the President’s supporters. We are proud of the thousands who stuck it out,” campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh told Ryan Nobles.

CNN teams on the ground – including one that has been at the main entrance nearly all day – said they have seen no evidence of protestors entering the security gates.

Gary Tuchman, who reported from various locations in downtown and spoke with multiple supporters, said nobody mentioned the problems referenced in the statement.

And Abby Phillip reported that when she went through security to the overflow area there were very few people coming in and that it was not possible for protestors to access the metal detectors.

MSNBC had reported earlier that protestors blocked one of the gates.

CNN has reached out to the Secret Service for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-rally-tulsa-oklahoma/h_1374be4de438e1e6bf21e13265591fb2

Smaller-than-expected crowd at Trump rally

In the days leading up to President Trump's Saturday rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, he and his allies ginned up expectations for a massive crowd with campaign officials telling CNN that more than a million people had registered to attend, and one local official stating they expected 100,000 to show up near the arena.

But those crowds didn't appear as large as expected Saturday afternoon, leading to an abrupt change of plans by the campaign.

A campaign source told CNN that the team was abandoning plans for the President to speak to an "overflow" area outside the arena in Tulsa where only a couple dozen people were standing near the outdoor stage less than two hours before the rally.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-rally-tulsa-oklahoma/h_1374be4de438e1e6bf21e13265591fb2

Of course Little Johnnie is calling out who he wants his supporters to see as their enemy to help him be an excuse maker to blame others for his failures... again.
j/c...

Size matters.
Obama's was bigger.

3 years later, still the same pathetic story. Lack of size, lack of substance, abundance of excuses.

Now America knows what it's like to be Melania
Size matters.
Obama's was bigger.

Not nice Clem... I heard Obama was sensitive about his ears...
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Size matters.
Obama's was bigger.

Obama makes all the sailing vessel's in the Boston Harbor jealous!
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Size matters.
Obama's was bigger.

Obama makes all the sailing vessel's in the Boston Harbor jealous!

Meanwhile trump is such a blowhard he could power them all.
rofl

"Regatta de Blank."
And such were the winds that came with the hurricane. I mean we are talking a natural disaster here.
And such were the winds that came with the hurricane. I mean we are talking a natural disaster here.

I think it would be entertaining to see the strife caused by an argument over a serious suggestion to name the next Cat 5 hurricane after Trump.

On one hand some would find it ap pra po to associate him with death, destruction, and misery on a grande scale.

On the other, he'd be elevated and legitimized as a true Force of Nature, a consequence of the folly of mankind's poor stewardship.

Social distancing made easy.
Yesterday, Republicans were endangering us all if they went to a rally. Why don't I hear anything about all those responsible people that didn't attend?
Yesterday, Republicans were endangering us all if they went to a rally. Why don't I hear anything about all those responsible people that didn't attend?

That's your job.
Nicely done.

This is about how hard it will be to find a group confessed Trump supporters once he's gone. The will deny him like a disciple (Peter?)...
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

This is about how hard it will be to find a group confessed Trump supporters once he's gone. The will deny him like a disciple (Peter?)...

Kinda poetic justice the empty seats are blue.

You sound like my 10 year old daughter ... you want a hug and a "well done" for doing what your supposed to do? LOL
So trump advisers said trump was only joking about reducing testing.
Why does he think testing is something to be joking about? Why is he such a moron?
Size matters.

Originally Posted By: mgh888

You sound like my 10 year old daughter ... you want a hug and a "well done" for doing what your supposed to do? LOL

Poor girl.
j/c...

So I’m reading that a bunch of teens reserved thousands of seats that they had no intention of filling. Great prank!
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Jonathan Lemire: Another propagandist of the press corps

Posted By: Larry Horiston

According to his online biography, “Jonathan Lemire is a White House reporter for The Associated Press (AP) and a political analyst for MSNBC and NBC News.” He cannot – and is not – both a reporter and an analyst for NBC/MSNBC. His frequent appearances on the latter prove it.

As a reporter, you would expect Lemire to be objective and unbiased in his published accounts. He would get and present both sides of an issue. Get the facts and let his readers draw the conclusions.

Instead, Lemire writes from his conclusions. He feeds pre-digested press pablum to the world. Like most denizens of the east coast media cabal, Lemire writes from his left-wing perspective. He editorializes as he “reports.”

That is not an uncommon problem within the Fourth Estate. Media bias to the left in the studios and newsrooms is well known and well documented. The lopsided liberal bias results in one-sided partisanship in favor of Democrats. Studies have shown that between 70 and 80 percent of reporters, editors, columnists, producers, analysts, and commentators are Democrats of the liberal persuasion. In the east coast cabal that appears to be higher. Lemire personifies that truth.

It is Lemire’s paid services to MSNBC in which his extreme bias is best seen. He may carry the title of an analyst, but it is not the function he performs. In fact, he would not have that high-profile gig on MSNBC if he was an honest analyst.

One does not get a seat at the table on “Morning Joe” – or any other MSNBC program — unless you are willing to parrot the opinions and prejudicial narratives concocted or endorsed by the network’s management, scripted by the producers and voiced by the online personalities. Apostasy is not permitted.
jc...

Now claims he was joking to all 2600 supporters that showed up. rofl . Pfft trump and his supporters.

Interesting take.... completely wrong, but interesting.

Here’s your conman doing his conman thing... stiffing contractors again. He’s such an upstanding guy. I can see the allure.

Trump D.C. Hotel Contractors Say They're Owed Millions

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/11/509168365...aign=storyshare

Tell me why we should take any conservative or Trump supporter seriously about Government size. Given how much they've driven the economy into a ditch.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
jc...

Now claims he was joking to all 2600 supporters that showed up. rofl . Pfft trump and his supporters.

I'm not sure I'm gonna buy this claim that school kids using their "electronic machines" faked out the folks running Trumps campaign...convincing them that Trump would be playing to overflow crowds Saturday night.

I'm not saying I can't be 'convinced'..but I'm not convinced yet that the reason for the empty seats can be blamed on those darn kids...

What would be the worst reason that the Trump re-election crew could hear for having empty seats at Saturday's rally?

Maybe Trump supporters were actually worried that they and/or their family members might be at a higher risk of contracting "THE VIRUS' by attending the Trump rally?

Maybe 'science' is not dead and some voters can tell when a politician is peddling BS in an attempt to manipulate voters.

For some potential Trumpy voters, this is serious stuff and some voters may have chosen to just stay away from the Trump rally rather than taking a risk..thus many more empty seats than anyone predicted.
Let's face it, Trump and his campaign got "rolled by teens"

If you're trying to insinuate that it appears a lot of Trump's supporters actually seem to be smarter than he is, I won't disagree with you on that one.

However that is a pretty low bar and I have no idea how that supports Trump deserving to be reelected.
j/c...

Jonathan Lemire: Another propagandist of the press corps

Posted By: Larry Horiston

According to his online biography, “Jonathan Lemire is a White House reporter for The Associated Press (AP) and a political analyst for MSNBC and NBC News.” He cannot – and is not – both a reporter and an analyst for NBC/MSNBC. His frequent appearances on the latter prove it.

As a reporter, you would expect Lemire to be objective and unbiased in his published accounts. He would get and present both sides of an issue. Get the facts and let his readers draw the conclusions.

Instead, Lemire writes from his conclusions. He feeds pre-digested press pablum to the world. Like most denizens of the east coast media cabal, Lemire writes from his left-wing perspective. He editorializes as he “reports.”

That is not an uncommon problem within the Fourth Estate. Media bias to the left in the studios and newsrooms is well known and well documented. The lopsided liberal bias results in one-sided partisanship in favor of Democrats. Studies have shown that between 70 and 80 percent of reporters, editors, columnists, producers, analysts, and commentators are Democrats of the liberal persuasion. In the east coast cabal that appears to be higher. Lemire personifies that truth.

It is Lemire’s paid services to MSNBC in which his extreme bias is best seen. He may carry the title of an analyst, but it is not the function he performs. In fact, he would not have that high-profile gig on MSNBC if he was an honest analyst.

One does not get a seat at the table on “Morning Joe” – or any other MSNBC program — unless you are willing to parrot the opinions and prejudicial narratives concocted or endorsed by the network’s management, scripted by the producers and voiced by the online personalities. Apostasy is not permitted.

It's Larry Horist, not Larry Horiston. He's the guy that compared Obama to Hitler and Mussolini.

A little bit about your guy Larry Horist...

his hosts failed to mention other aspects of Horist's career. Among them are his lobbying on behalf of the Chinese Communist government of Harbin, Manchuria.

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/news/te...tobacco-6463640

Here's your link you forgot to paste.

Patriots4Truth! Seems legit.

https://patriots4truth.com/jonathan-lemire-another-propagandist-of-the-press-corps/
#factsdontmatter

He didn't compare Obama to Hitler and Mussolini. Here's the quote from the NY Times: "NOT GUYS LIKE"

Horist holds to a typical Tea Party characterization of Obama, "the street activist... a fascist. I say that if you look at the policies... not guys like Hitler and Mussolini but he has a tendency towards authoritarianism...

Patriots4Truth! Seems legit.

https://patriots4truth.com/jonathan-lemire-another-propagandist-of-the-press-corps/

If you look at the author's name it is easy to see I deleted the date, but 'on' was added onto Horist. An honest mistake.
j/c...

If only they had tested less.
Sadly, trump and his lack of leadership is as big a plague as the virus itself.
Sadly, trump and his lack of leadership is as big a plague as the virus itself.

His actions have killed people.

Trump 2020 / MAWA / Make America White Again

The office of the presidency and the person who occupies that position is supposed to set the example.

trump is on record saying that testing is overrated. He refuses to wear a mask in public.

The US population is third in the world with 4.23 % of the world population. We lead the world in Covid 19 cases and deaths with a 25% of the cases.

And we are supposed to have all of the best of everything.

Except leadership. Clearly the reason behind our numbers is lack of cohesive policy and the political will to do what needs to be done.

We started late in responding because of trump. We began to remove restrictions early because of trump. He believes testing is overrated because he believes it hurts him politically. When in fact testing is how you reduce the curve of infections and is part of reducing the numbers of infections by removing those who test positive.

We have the best experts in the world on infectious disease. But it is worthless if they are ignored. Or, removed from the public like trump has done.

The Covid 19 virus did come from China. But has been spread in the US as a direct result of trump's lack of leadership and his sole purpose to remain in office.

That follows the patterns of his actions in Ukraine and most recently discovered with China. Very much in character.

There is no sugar coating this. There is no defense. These are the facts.

Others can deny. That does not change the facts.

So as this virus continues to kill our fellow citizens. In November we have a choice to make.

Maybe those who are true Republicans and patriots should consider for the sake of our country to be a patriot first and a Republican last. Have the courage to remove trump from office by voting against him.

Clearly this is a hoax.
Yikes! Good luck to the attendees.

Jim Bob Breazeale
@jbbreazeale
Their test used HCov229E, a common human coronavirus that's been around since the 60's. To claim their technology means people are safe from SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) is absolutely irresponsible.

https://twitter.com/jbbreazeale/status/1275157679598600197
Is this the comedy act?
I think he needs to bring this guy back too.

Yeah science.

Amen.

Just inject some disinfectant to be sure.

Yeah science.

Amen.

Just inject some disinfectant to be sure.

Everyone will be provided a light
https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5F163D23
Lol
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I think he needs to bring this guy back too.

A charlatan is a charlatan. Doesn’t matter what language they speak. Even if it’s made up gibberish like that. A special place in hell is set aside for them.
He speaks for himself, and only himself. Not for all Christians.
How do you feel about Trump clearing out a peaceful protest in order to use The Bible as a prop for a photo op?

Will you say the same thing about him?
I would bet that Lyuokdea is the smartest guy on this board
How do you feel about Trump clearing out a peaceful protest in order to use The Bible as a prop for a photo op?

Will you say the same thing about him?

Why do you get to ask questions when you don't answer them yourself? Remember that thread you started? I replied, and a couple of days later added to it. I asked you numerous times to reply to what I asked. You never have.
Originally Posted By: Jester
He'd almost HAVE to be to spell his name.
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Lyuokdea = Luke Yoda

Or just be a Star Wars fan. thumbsup
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Lyuokdea = Luke Yoda

Or just be a Star Wars fan. thumbsup

Well, if his name means "luke Yoda", the way he spells would put it on the lower end of 'smart', trending heavily towards "can't spell".
every other letter.
OH. Apparently that was too tough for me to figure out. Thanks, I've wondered about his name for years........what it meant.
Jc

Bet my life’s savings that trump was more upset at the pathetic turnout at his rally than the fact that over 110k people have died in this country due to COVID.

So true.

Meanwhile trump lives in a bubble. He is tested all the time. Every person who is brought in to see him is tested.

For everyone else he puts out this front that testing is overrated. He wants desperately that it will just go away.

His sole mission is to be reelected. Not that he believes it to be for the benefit of the country. Only for self glorification. At his last rally he said.
"You are lucky I am president." And at another time he said "I am the chosen one."

Here we are in a pandemic that is killing Americans at a higher rate than anywhere on the planet. And he feels it is appropriate to make jokes about the virus.

His lack of leadership, understanding, and empathy is the reason why the country is in this condition against this virus. It lays solely on him. If anyone other than him had won the white house the number of deaths would have been drastically reduced.

He should held accountable.

So true.

Meanwhile trump lives in a bubble. He is tested all the time. Every person who is brought in to see him is tested.

For everyone else he puts out this front that testing is overrated. He wants desperately that it will just go away.

His sole mission is to be reelected. Not that he believes it to be for the benefit of the country. Only for self glorification. At his last rally he said.
"You are lucky I am president." And at another time he said "I am the chosen one."

Here we are in a pandemic that is killing Americans at a higher rate than anywhere on the planet. And he feels it is appropriate to make jokes about the virus.

His lack of leadership, understanding, and empathy is the reason why the country is in this condition against this virus. It lays solely on him. If anyone other than him had won the white house the number of deaths would have been drastically reduced.

He should held accountable.

Trump has killed US citizens.

Clearly. Anyone who has the capacity to look at this objectively can see that.

It is easy to go back to the tapes and timelines. Listen to what trump said about the virus and how it would "magically disappear." Just follow the timelines and decisions made.

Forward to today and the response is the same.

I see no way his decisions are the not the cause of where we are in this pandemic.
j/c

He spent almost 11 minutes of his speech at the rally explaining why he couldn't walk down a ramp in a normal fashion. I'm sure that was found to be informative to those who even bothered to show up.

Then, the "crowd?" watched in awe and applauded loudly when he gave them proof he could drink water from a glass using only one hand.

It was awe inspiring.
j/c

And the crowd goes wild!

Is this the same guy who called himself a "very stable genius"?
My 2 year old already has more emotional resiliency than our president.

Ugh...
The chosen one? rofl He should come out walking on water.
Yikes! Good luck to the attendees.

Jim Bob Breazeale
@jbbreazeale
Their test used HCov229E, a common human coronavirus that's been around since the 60's. To claim their technology means people are safe from SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) is absolutely irresponsible.

https://twitter.com/jbbreazeale/status/1275157679598600197

The event organizer in Tulsa had put social distance signs outside and a large number of “do not sit” stickers on the seats at the rally. So trumps people tell the organizer to remove the signs and then go through the arena and remove all stickers before the rally.
Link with video

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/tulsa-soc...-001221089.html
I have zero empathy for these fools attending these stupid trump rallies,especially at a "Mega-church".
Many of the people will get the virus,and many will die.
That will result in a substantial rise in aggregate intelligence of the human race.
Always look on the bright side.
I tend to look at the victims that will pay the price through no fault of their own. I mean if someone is foolish enough to put themselves in obvious danger, the price they pay is on themselves.

The problem being who they may spread the virus to that in no way were a part of it does trouble me.
Quote:

I have zero empathy for these fools attending these stupid trump rallies,especially at a "Mega-church".

May I add, a Mega church that tried to float a fake sanitation method which they had to retract later because it turned out to be a lie.

I gotta ask, what would make someone give up their rights just so they can attend a rally,, any rally?

I mean, if they were going to a Auto Rally event, would they give up their rights?

Why would they do this?
Quote:
Why would they do this?

To 'pwn the libs.'
j/c...

As if he and his supporters care about a silly thing like a law.
Organizers at the door will make sure to remove any masks upon entering. I mean it just doesnt look good.

--------------------------------------------
© DawgTalkers.net