DawgTalkers.net
Supreme Court denies request to halt construction of the border wall
A number of groups, including the ACLU and Sierra Club, had asked the high court to get involved

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme...the-border-wall

Well they got involved alright! thumbsup
Trump tours wall as construction hits 200-mile mark, says southern border has 'never been more secure'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wall-200-mile-mark-southern-border

Trump got this. thumbsup
I am so proud of President Trump for helping secure our border, he is truly a man of his word.

Besides this there was a main tipping point when I realized I'd vote for him again in a heartbeat. It wasn't the wall, the economy (which is absolutely great), it was the many times when we got involved briefly with Syria, Iran, etc. Trump made smart surgical strikes and then backed out, even when John Bolton and everyone pushed for all out war. Trump stuck to his word during his campaign not to get involved in any new foreign wars. He said he didn't believe that, he his actions proved it. I also think Tucket Carlson's input helped during that time, and personally I think Carlson should be a White House advisor because of it. thumbsup
Quote:
he is truly a man of his word

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Just like Mexico would pay for the entire wall.

Just like he didn't committ 10+ acts of obstruction of justice.

Just like covid-19 was just going to go away.

Just like he would release his tax returns.

Give me a break, tasty.
On the brightside - this is a big win for free healthcare for all...
Quote:
I am so proud of President Trump

Yeah your kind would be. trump made America the most dangerous country in the world to live in 2020 good ole USA. Remember MAGA!!! Turned us into the most dangerous country in the world to live. Here we have 150,000+ Dead Americans under his watch .... more dead than many of our wars combined. 20% unemployment highest since the Great Depression. Streets filled with peaceful protesters as the dude you are so proud of fuels the racial tensions all across our country with words of hate.

Yeah you should be so proud of him and his stupid wall...it’s all you have. Pffft trump supporters.

And seriously nobody is anxious to sneak into the most dangerous country in the world.
Who needs a wall? The trump virus has us all locked in and who’d want to come catch COVID in this virus infested swamp anyway?
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Who needs a wall? The trump virus has us all locked in and who’d want to come catch COVID in this virus infested swamp anyway?

Sure gives new meaning to the Trump slogan...make America great again...
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:

Yeah your kind would be. trump made America the most dangerous country in the world to live in 2020 good ole USA. Remember MAGA!!! Turned us into the most dangerous country in the world to live. Here we have 150,000+ Dead Americans under his watch .... more dead than many of our wars combined. 20% unemployment highest since the Great Depression. Streets filled with peaceful protesters as the dude you are so proud of fuels the racial tensions all across our country with words of hate.

Yeah you should be so proud of him and his stupid wall...it’s all you have. Pffft trump supporters.

And seriously nobody is anxious to sneak into the most dangerous country in the world.

If things are so bad here why don't you get the HELL out?
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
A number of groups, including the ACLU and Sierra Club, had asked the high court to get involved

No problem, just wait for a strong wind and it will come down... LOL

I guess you gotta take your minor victories where you can find them rofl
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Quote:

That's possibly the most Trumpian remark ever.... It's also the craziest.
Quote:

Nope. We’ll stay and fight to gain our country back. Then you can leave. tongue
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:

That's possibly the most Trumpian remark ever.... It's also the craziest.

Just imagine our nation if people throughout history had done this.

We would still have slavery. It would still be illegal for women to vote. There would never have been civil rights and the list goes on.

Real Patriots stand to fight and change our nation for the better. Everyone else tells them they should just leave.
Quote:

No place will take us in. We have Covid-19 and Trump's stink all over us.
I have accepted that there are so many people that just don't mind being a hypocrite. It is a reality we face in the political arena. Some of the worst are the people who live and thrive in this country and still think it is the worst country to have ever existed.

When my ex wife wasn't happy and said she wanted to leave, she was stunned when I told her that this house isn't a prison and I was not a prison warden. Every time I hear the "you can leave" argument I think of this, she left and did not come back. She had no money, made 20% of my income, no where to go and essentially had to go back home and live with her parents at 30 years old.

America is not a prison, if it was really that bad, people would in fact leave. That isn't to say that I want other people to leave "my" country or anything like that. It is a simple fact, if they truly believed that this country was the worst, there is no question, they would go.

Millions of POC immigrating to "white" countries, definitely doesn't lend itself to the notion that Europe and America are inherently racist and awful places to live.
So if people in the USA are economically well off they shouldn't be advocating change and improvement? And if they do - they are hypocrites? That's sort of how your first sentence reads.

Because people that live in poor third world countries want to immigrate to the USA and other 1st world nations, it means we are doing pretty good and those 1st world countries can't be in inherently racist? That's sort of how your last sentence reads.

Personally I agree with Pit - if you love your country and you don't agree with the direction it is going in or the policies it has in place for certain segments of society .... you fight to change it for better (regardless of our individual success or wealth etc) - that's Patriotic. Telling people who don't agree with your politics to leave the country ... not so much.
There is nothing wrong with improving. I have no issue with that.

I will just flat out never agree that this country is inherently racist, so you can say that until you're blue in the face, I am not buying it.
I don't think it is inherently racist either. But I don't think I'd use 3rd world migrants as the basis for that conclusion.

I do think there are a lot of race issues in the USA and other EU countries. I think there is a lot of institutional racism.
Originally Posted By: BpG
I have accepted that there are so many people that just don't mind being a hypocrite. It is a reality we face in the political arena. Some of the worst are the people who live and thrive in this country and still think it is the worst country to have ever existed.

When my ex wife wasn't happy and said she wanted to leave, she was stunned when I told her that this house isn't a prison and I was not a prison warden. Every time I hear the "you can leave" argument I think of this, she left and did not come back. She had no money, made 20% of my income, no where to go and essentially had to go back home and live with her parents at 30 years old.

America is not a prison, if it was really that bad, people would in fact leave. That isn't to say that I want other people to leave "my" country or anything like that. It is a simple fact, if they truly believed that this country was the worst, there is no question, they would go...

I agree. There is so much hypocritical blabbering going on. No one will recognize an improvement during a time when their particular party isn't the one in office (admittedly, I was guilty of that at one time). They will minimize and find fault with everything and anything positive coming from an administration or senate/house majority. People will focus on the negative and lie and embellish to regain power. Of course, no one believes that things are so bad here that they would be better off elsewhere, but it won't stop them from claiming it. The two party system is killing this country.
Patriots stand and fight to make this nation better. Without that we would still have slavery, women couldn't vote and there would have been no civil rights. Patriots have stood and fought to make this a better nation.

I still haven't figured out what the hell you call the people that tell them they should leave or tell the same lies that because they wish to make this a better nation they must think this is the worst nation on earth or hate America. But I'm working on it.
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

And on January 21 construction will stop.
Nope...we'll get it done with 'four more years'!

Trump 2020!

Originally Posted By: fishtheice
Nope...we'll get it done with 'four more years'!

Trump 2020!

just a joke, son....
J/C
That looks like the bridge that the pathological liar Barry.s shovel ready jobs were supposed to fix. lmao
Quote:

rofl If trump and his supporters hadn’t help make America so bad I could get the hell out. But as it stands right now the trump virus is running rampant killing us off by the thousands, and other countries aren’t allowing American’s to travel in. Trump, his supporters, his virus, and his wall, has made us all prisoners....Pffft trump and his supporters.
Originally Posted By: Riley01
J/C
That looks like the bridge that the pathological liar Barry.s shovel ready jobs were supposed to fix. lmao

Yet trump and his supporters drove right off it anyways..lol
J/C

You mean thee same shovel ready infrastructure jobs that Trump ran on in his campaign that he never delivered?
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
J/C

You mean thee same shovel ready infrastructure jobs that Trump ran on in his campaign that he never delivered?

Yeah but Obama Hillary pizzagate fake news because Hannity Carlson’ed... believe me.
I don't understand how anyone can be excited over this... Trump has done so much damage to this country and we're supposed to celebrate 200 miles of useless wall?... GMAB.
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Yeah but Obama Hillary pizzagate fake news because Hannity Carlson’ed... believe me.

That was genius. Thanks for the early morning laugh.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I don't understand how anyone can be excited over this... Trump has done so much damage to this country and we're supposed to celebrate 200 miles of useless wall?... GMAB.

Tell that to the people charged with defending the country from illegal entry...200 fewer miles to spread out the resources.

This is not hard to understand.
I can see that...

Very effective... rolleyes
Ya but just wait till they electrify it. willynilly
moats.
with gators.
On which side LOL
Versus simply walking across the dirt...yes...effective.
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Trillion dollar speed bump.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Trillion dollar speed bump.

$ Trillion? More over-the-top rhetoric...and hilariously over-stated. Also, there is a lot more to the effort than just the wall itself.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/19/797319968...d-s-most-costly

Walls work...that doesn't mean they are 100% impenetrable...they are rarely built to be so as is the case with the border wall...or it WOULD be electric.

Those less-spread-out border patrol resources can better fight the crime of illegal border crossings...both above and below ground. See below. The wall will pay dividends in enforcement efforts and efficiency for decades.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cross-border-tunnel-sophisticated-us-history

Walls may work - exactly how effective and how efficient they are is highly questionable. There are better ways to spend the money whether it's a million, a billion or any other number. As I have said before - virtually no-one is for open borders, but let's monitor and police our borders the most effective way possible.
This is so useless, you know you are not safe on either side of the wall right?

We so should have annexed Mexico, 22 years ago, and this wall should, if built, have been done 40-75 years ago anyway.

By 2020, really there are so many northern southern folks on this side from that side, that the most humane thing to do is embrace the two sides of the wall for family unity.
Like building a dam but the water level is already even on both sides.
" do you really think it matters eddy"

" I don't know if I should go sailing down this hill with nothing between the ground and my brain but a piece of government plastic"
" do you really think it matters Eddy"

" Well over on this side, (knock knock) you know, nothing! but over here, (other side) my part, " if my head gets messed up, my hair's just not going to part right"
j/c

Americans, Go Home: Canadians Track U.S. Boaters Sneaking Across The Border

Canadians are typically seen as pretty friendly people, and until the coronavirus pandemic, most were happy to welcome Americans.

But when the coronavirus began to quickly spread in March, the U.S. and Canada shut their shared border to all nonessential traffic.

Since then, Canada's border patrol has effectively prevented caravans of Americans — and their RVs and their campers — from surging across the border as they normally do each summer.

But Americans can be crafty.

Some have managed to enter Canada by telling border patrol officers that they are on their way to Alaska. This is known as the "Alaska loophole."

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police fined several Americans who were hiking near Lake Louise in Alberta. Lake Louise is not on the way to Alaska.

Fed up, Canada announced last week that it is cracking down on Americans who apparently don't know which way is north.

The Americans are coming, the Americans are coming

Foreigners are also arriving by boat, often on sailboats and luxury yachts. Many seek refuge in British Columbia's protected inland waters and marine parks, which are home to pods of killer whales and abundant wildlife.

But the number of American pleasure craft arriving from Washington state has alarmed Canadians living just across the border.

For George Creek, a former insurance agent, whose home overlooks Nanaimo Harbor in British Columbia, it has been a call to action.

"A number of us that are retired boaters and still members of the Council of BC Yacht Clubs started looking at the number of American boats that were crossing our border, in spite of the prohibition by the federal government," says Creek, president of BC Marine Parks Forever.

And they can do so from their living rooms.

Under international maritime law, every passenger ship must be equipped with an automatic identification system that is to remain on at all times. This allows for tracking ships in real time and helps prevent collisions in fog and bad weather.

Anyone with a computer and an Internet connection can click to see what kind of vessels are sailing, where they've recently been and which country they are from.

And plenty are from the United States.

Creek estimates that right now some 30 to 40 American pleasure boats are cruising through British Columbia's pristine waterways.

Lately, however, many have gone dark. Creek says that the Americans have figured out that they are being tracked through their transponders.

"They're turning them off as they cross the border," says Creek. "We see them on the computer, and at a particular point a few minutes later, they're not there anymore."

The maritime posse of retirees knows the boats didn't suddenly turn around, or sink. That's because Canadian boaters up and down the inland coast call and radio in the location of suspicious vessels, i.e., American boats. They report sightings to the RCMP's marine division, though it's unclear if any arrests have been made.

"The biggest petri dish in the world"

American yachts sneaking across the border makes Creek, and a lot of other Canadians, angry.

There is widespread alarm at how fast the coronavirus has spread through the Lower 48 and what many Canadians view as Americans' flagrant disregard for mask wearing and maintaining a safe social distance.

A poll conducted by Nanos Research found that eight in 10 Canadians want the border to remain closed to nonessential U.S. traffic because of fears of the coronavirus.

"When I called the U.S. the biggest petri dish in the world, that was not just off the cuff," says Creek.

Creek is particularly concerned about the tiny isolated communities, such as Refuge Cove on Desolation Sound, where boaters stop for fuel and food. Many are home to First Nations people and have no medical facilities.

Canadian boaters recently got riled up after a large yacht from the U.S. stopped at one of the small outposts for supplies.

"They wandered the dock," says Creek bitterly. "Three or four adults and the rest were teenagers with no social distancing, no masks, and went through the store as if they were just shopping at Walmart."

To boaters sneaking into Canada to enjoy its marine parks and secluded coves, George Creek wants you to know: You are being watched.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/898165324...ross-the-border

My guess is that we're not sending them our best people.
i bet money these people crossing over the border on boats also made disparaging comments about latinos crossing the border.
"Build that wall. "
© DawgTalkers.net