DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Ballpeen President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/06/21 07:08 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-children-shelters-pre-pandemic-levels/

Now that the President and his crack team of experts have opened the border again, he we go, back to catch and release.

Our border towns are being flooded by untested illegals, all potential carries of Covid. They get masks when they show up here. They don't wear them on the trip here.

Thousands of children are being dropped at our door to be cared for...so many they can't be socially distanced.

Way to go Mr. President.

U.S. shelters received more than 7,000 migrant children in February, posing early border test for Biden
BY CAMILO MONTOYA-GALVEZ

MARCH 6, 2021 / 8:00 AM / CBS NEWS

Shelters overseen by the U.S. government received more than 7,000 migrant children in February due to a marked increase in the number of unaccompanied minors entering U.S. border custody, according to preliminary government data reviewed by CBS News.

The numbers in March indicate the steady rise has continued. During the first four days of the month, more than 1,500 unaccompanied migrant minors were taken into custody, according to the data. The Office of Refugee Resettlement, the federal agency charged with housing these minors, has been receiving an average of 337 children per day, according to figures shared with Congress.

In January, the refugee office's network of shelters and foster homes received more than 4,000 unaccompanied children — a 19% increase from December.

The figure for the first full month of the Biden administration is the most migrant children the refugee office has ever received in a February. The previous record high for a February came in 2019, when the refugee office took in nearly 5,900 minors, the agency said in a statement to CBS News.

As first reported by CBS News last weekend, the refugee agency has instructed its shelters and foster homes for unaccompanied migrant children to begin using beds that had been taken offline during the coronavirus pandemic to implement social distancing measures.

On Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention authorized the refugee agency's shelters to return bed space back to pre-pandemic levels, citing "extraordinary circumstances," according to an internal government memo obtained by CBS News.

Immigration
U.S. shelters received more than 7,000 migrant children in February
DHS chief urges patience with "stressful challenge" along border
Biden admin scrambles to expand housing for migrant children
The facts about how the U.S. processes unaccompanied migrant children
Last year, the Office of Refugee Resettlement reduced its 13,000-bed capacity to roughly 8,000 beds. That capacity has been strained in recent weeks, with about 8,000 children currently in custody, according to data shared with Congress.

The sharp increase in arrivals of unaccompanied minors to the U.S.-Mexico border in recent weeks has posed an early logistical and political test for President Biden, whose administration has vowed to undo "inhumane" Trump-era immigration policies.

"It is obviously very, very concerning," a senior White House official told CBS News, referring to the situation at the U.S.-Mexico border. "People are being exploited and told lies and coming in the absence of understanding that they are undertaking this dangerous trip and that the border is closed."

The Biden administration in late January made a decision not to resume the Trump-era practice of swiftly expelling unaccompanied minors without a court hearing under a public health authority. Instead, it has been transferring the children to the refugee office, as required by U.S. law, until they can be placed with vetted sponsors, who are typically relatives in the U.S.

Mr. Biden has instructed senior members of his team to visit the U.S.-Mexico border to assess the sharp rise in unaccompanied minors entering U.S. custody, according to a White House spokesperson who declined to say when the visit would occur, citing "safety, security, and privacy concerns."

The CDC memo on Friday that allowed shelters to return to their pre-pandemic bed capacity noted that four Customs and Border Protection (CBP) sectors were over capacity due to the uptick in crossings.

"The only available options for housing (unaccompanied children) are prolonged stays at CBP facilities operating significantly above COVID-adjusted capacities, or placement in ORR facilities operating at capacity above the current COVID-19-adjusted thresholds," the memo said. "While CDC recognizes the inherent risk posed by any congregate housing facility, CBP facilities are not appropriate for housing children."

Most facilities overseen by CBP, which has a legal obligation to transfer unaccompanied children to the U.S. refugee office within three days of taking them into custody, were built to briefly detain migrant men.

The CDC said "enhanced" coronavirus mitigation measures should be undertaken as shelters expand their bed space. These include universal masking for all staff and children 2 and older, increasing the use of rapid coronavirus testing, providing employees protective personal equipment, minimizing movement inside facilities and giving shelter workers paid leave to seek vaccination.

For months now, the refugee agency has been requiring newly arrived migrant children to test negative for the coronavirus twice and undergo quarantine.

The memo warned shelters to take "enhanced vigilance" due to the expected increase in children.

"Given the nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, there is no 0% risk scenario, particularly in congregate settings," the memo said. "Therefore, ORR facilities should plan for and expect to have COVID-19 cases."

To respond to the uptick in border crossings, the U.S. refugee agency reopened a Trump-era influx holding facility in Carrizo Springs, Texas, that was housing nearly 300 teenage boys this week. It has also agreed to pay for the airfare of children ready to be released to sponsors.

HHS has also asked the Pentagon to facilitate a site assessment of the U.S. Army base in Fort Lee, Virginia, to evaluate whether the military installation can house unaccompanied children, Department of Defense spokesman Chris Mitchell told CBS News.

The Biden administration is also weighing the possibility of placing HHS caseworkers inside Border Patrol facilities to expedite the process of identifying potential sponsors for unaccompanied children, Homeland Security secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said earlier in the week.

Jennifer Nagda, the policy director at the Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights, said the proposal outlined by Mayorkas would help reduce the number of children in U.S. government custody. She said the Biden administration "inherited a system unprepared to respond to the effects of the prior administration's cruel policies."

"As a result the new administration faces a difficult choice: turn away children who are alone and in danger, or house some of them in unlicensed 'influx' facilities until they can be reunited with family," Nagda told CBS News. "While the latter option is a necessity, it must be temporary."

A shelter operator who works with the federal government to house unaccompanied migrant children said the Biden administration is running out of options.

"I think they have a real problem on their hands," the shelter official, who requested anonymity to speak candidly, told CBS News. "They're frankly going to be overwhelmed with these numbers"

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/06/21 07:19 PM
Oh....I wonder what group of simpletons in this country has provided the "Biden, please let me in" t-shirts?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/06/21 07:37 PM
He is mucking this up pretty badly. Things like this are what makes it so very hard in deciding on who to vote for when it comes to people like myself. I never agree with either party on every issue. When it comes to immigration I walk pretty much a middle ground.

What it all boils down to is I think I'm pretty much like most voters. I have a priority list on what I consider the most important to the least important and go from there.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/06/21 07:48 PM
Such a shame that kids in cages is still a thing.

Stupid neolibs.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/06/21 07:51 PM
Not do much stupid as misguided. wink
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/06/21 09:46 PM
A crisis created by trump. Just stop. Jesus!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/06/21 09:51 PM
I guess you can't possibly have much to say about it, so you might as well say that.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 02:50 PM
Go check the stats.. Under Obama, Illegal Immigration was slowly but surely declining. Trump comes along with his freckin lies and it caused a bunch more to cross over...

I'm not sure if Biden is handling it right, but Let's not forget to put the blame where it really belongs
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 04:14 PM
I do think it's a mess right now. Here's the catch. Suddenly every issue from progressives and the right seems to already be decided based on six weeks. Both sides seem to think getting things done happens as quick as making a cup of instant coffee.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Go check the stats.. Under Obama, Illegal Immigration was slowly but surely declining. Trump comes along with his freckin lies and it caused a bunch more to cross over...

I'm not sure if Biden is handling it right, but Let's not forget to put the blame where it really belongs

All I know is thousands are now pouring in.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 06:48 PM

Published 4 days ago

108 illegal immigrants released by Border Patrol in Texas test positive for coronavirus, officials say

Texas city says it doesn't have authority to prevent migrants who test positive from traveling elsewhere

By Greg Norman, Griff Jenkins | Fox News

More than 100 illegal immigrants released by the Border Patrol into Texas since late January have tested positive for the coronavirus following their arrival, officials in a city on the U.S.-Mexico border tell Fox News.

Felipe Romero, a spokesperson for Brownsville, said Wednesday that the 108 positives represent 6.3% of the number of total migrants who have been rapid-tested at the city’s main bus station, where they are being released by the Border Patrol. Rapid testing of the individuals began there on Jan. 25.

He added that Brownsville does not have the authority to prevent those who test positive from traveling elsewhere in the U.S. -- and are advising them to quarantine, follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and socially distance.
Rubio slams Biden border policy as 'complete, utter ridiculousness'
Rubio slams Biden border policy as 'complete, utter ridiculousness'

Senate Foreign Relations Committee member discusses worsening border crisis on 'Hannity'

Sources at the White House told Fox News on Wednesday it is aware of instances where individuals may continue to travel despite testing positive and being told to quarantine -- yet the federal guidance remains for them to isolate.

The sources said the coronavirus testing near the border is being handled by state and local governments in conjunction with non-governmental organizations (NGOs).

The city of Brownsville also told Noticias Telemundo Investiga that it is advising migrants who test positive to go to NGOs and nonprofits in the area for help with finding shelter and places they can isolate themselves from others. The local county-wide positivity rate is estimated to be 13.8%.

Migrant families who tested positive and spoke to that news organization at the bus station said they were waiting to travel to places such as Maryland and New Jersey.

"On the way, we were wearing a mask all the time, gel, washing our hands," Eva Orellana, a 29-year-old from Honduras who came to the U.S. with her 3-year-old daughter, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga.

SURGE OF 13,000 CENTRAL AMERICAN MINORS TO US BORDER EXPECTED IN MAY

FOX News White House correspondent Kristin Fisher has the latest on 'Special Report'

She added that she was going to take a bus to North Carolina and had purchased tickets.

"Really, I don't feel anything," she said.

Miriam Izaguirre, a 35-year-old from Honduras who also tested positive, told Noticias Telemundo Investiga that she planned to travel by bus to Houston.

"Right now we were tested for Covid and they separated about eight of us because we were positive," she said. "We are waiting right now."

Migrants also said they were told of their positive test result by station workers, but were not provided any documents noting so, Noticias Telemundo Investiga reports. They simply were told to stand in a different waiting area from other individuals, it added.

A worker at a bus company that operates out of the station told the news organization they cannot ask passengers for proof of coronavirus test results before boarding.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/108-migrants-released-border-patrol-texas-positive-coronavirus
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 07:00 PM
Nobody seems to give a damn about Covid in Texas unless it involves an immigrant.

rofl
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 07:14 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Nobody seems to give a damn about Covid in Texas unless it involves an immigrant.

rofl

No matter how true or not your comment might be, it is clear the federal Government doesn't care.

Socially distance. Wear your mask.

They can shove it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 07:51 PM
As long as "they can shove it" applies to the last administration as well who obviously didn't care either. I'm am equal opportunity offender. I've explained how I think the current immigration situation is a mess. While I also understand Biden is only six weeks into his presidency. But unless he manages to drastically improve it, as it currently stands it's a huge mess.

But at the same time I fully understand that the Covid situation has been a mess from the beginning. There's plenty of blame to go around on that one.

Claiming "the government doesn't care" is an oversimplification. A record was set just the other day with 2.8 million vaccinations in a singly day. At that rate, with the vaccines already having been administered, every American could be vaccinated in 100 days.

Vaccination sites in every state have been set up by FEMA are now operational which were not before. So the claim "the federal government doesn't care" is far from accurate. The level of how much they care is debatable.

I think you were just triggered by the word immigrant. wink
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 08:24 PM
Probably the illegal part.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 08:30 PM
I think to a great extent we are on the same side. The problem is I'm not trying to turn an immigration issue into one about Covid and make claims that Biden hasn't done a great deal to help the situation.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 08:35 PM

Some of those immigrants this 'Super Spreader' Administration is releasing may not have the United States best interests in mind.

February 5

Illegal border crossings jumping back up to 'crisis' levels: Former DHS secretary

Chad Wolf says 'dangerous situation' is result of Biden policies

By David Montanaro | Fox News

'Very dangerous situation' at border as Biden admin implements immigration agenda: Wolf

Former Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf sounds the alarm after 11 Iranians are arrested crossing the border in Arizona.

Former Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf said on "Fox & Friends" Friday that the situation at the southern border has become "very dangerous" in recent months, as President Joe Biden moves to reverse many of the immigration enforcement measures from the Trump administration.

Wolf noted that U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested 11 Iranian citizens after they crossed the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona Monday evening. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Yuma Sector Border Patrol agents encountered the group near San Luis – a city in the southwest corner of Arizona – around 6 p.m. near County 21st Street and the Salinity Canal.

ANGEL DAD RIPS BIDEN ADMIN'S NEW IMMIGRATION ORDERS: 'I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY CAN JUSTIFY IT'

Agents determined the group had entered the U.S. illegally from Mexico. The group was arrested and taken into custody. The CBP said the group consisted of five females and six males, all from Iran.

Biden has so far stopped construction of the wall at the southern border, moved to strengthen protections for recipients of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), set up a task force to reunify migrant families separated in the U.S., and has proposed an immigration bill to give a pathway to citizenship for millions of illegal immigrants. His Department of Homeland Security has also moved to place a 100-day pause on deportations, but that has been blocked due to a legal challenge from Texas

Wolf said President Obama's then-DHS secretary said 1,000 border apprehensions per day represented a "crisis level" for authorities. He said the current rate is at 3,000 to 3,500 illegal border-crossers per day.

CHAD WOLF: "The situation on the border right now is very dangerous. CBP is facing a little over 3,000 and in some cases, 3,500 individuals coming across the border illegally every day. And if we go back to the previous DHS secretary under Obama, he said a thousand a day is a very bad day for DHS and at crisis level. We are three times that at the moment.

It's very concerning the number of things that are occurring down there. And, again, I think it's a direct result of some of the things that we have heard this administration do. Sending a signal to those south of the border, those wanting to cross illegally, to the cartels, the smugglers and the traffickers. Now is the time to send those individuals across the border.

The specific Iranians, we call those special interest aliens, those are individuals from countries that are of concern and so any time you see a rise in the number of those types of individuals at the southwest border, it's also equally as concerning. What we know is that they often try to blend in to a flow that's coming across that border every day."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illegal...r-dhs-secretary
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 08:40 PM
The states decisions to stop all Covid protocol doesn't have The United states best interests in mind either but I don't hear a peep from you about that. As expected.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 09:19 PM
I can't say I totally disagree, but business can still mandate masks. A business is inside it's rights to do so.

But that aside, it's two different issues.

The illegals are flooding in and the administration is standing there with thumbs up butt, sending down official to watch.

It is a bad look. It looks like we don't care about the health and safety of our citizens more than the health and safety of illegals.

Now we have Iranians just waltzing in....what can go wrong with that?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I can't say I totally disagree, but business can still mandate masks. A business is inside it's rights to do so.

And a few businesses are now being harassed over their decision to keep requiring masks.

People threaten to call ICE on Texas Mexican restaurant that kept mask rule, it says

By Dawson White
March 07, 2021 12:48 PM

A Mexican restaurant in Houston says it’s been getting some “horrific” threats after announcing it was keeping its mask requirement as Texas reopens.

Last week, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed an executive order lifting the statewide mask mandate and allowing businesses and facilities to operate at 100% capacity. The rollbacks go into effect March 10.

After Picos announced it would still require masks for diners, co-owner Monica Richards said she started receiving some disturbing messages and calls from people threatening to report the Picos staff to Immigration and Customs and Enforcement, The Houston Chronicle reported.

They also said the staff’s green cards and paperwork needed to be examined, the newspaper reported.

“It was just horrific,” Richards told The Washington Post. “People don’t understand unless you’re in our business what it felt like, how hard it was to go through everything we went through during COVID. For people to be negative toward us for trying to remain safe, so that this doesn’t continue to happen, just makes zero sense to us.”

She told the Chronicle that Picos has “always been by the book” and that she never imagined people would “go that far.”

Picos has called Houston home for nearly 40 years. It’s keeping capacity at no more than 75% and requiring customers to wear masks when they’re not eating or drinking, the Chronicle reported.

“Being Hispanic, and going through that immigration process, and finally receiving your papers, and then for somebody to start threatening you after you’ve been through all that, that’s crazy,” Richards said. “It’s just heartbreaking.”

Cantina Barba, another Houston Mexican restaurant, has received similar threats and told the Post its staff was bullied when the statewide mask mandate was still in effect.

“This has been ongoing through COVID,” co-owner Steven O’Sullivan told the newspaper. “We’ve had threats of calling ICE. I had one guy just stand there and berate one of my bartenders and tell her ‘you’re an absolute idiot, you don’t know what you’re doing. If you think these masks are going to save your life, you’re stupid.’ ... Nobody wants to deal with that stuff.”

The Texas Restaurant Association has urged restaurants to keep mask requirements for workers and encourage patrons to don masks when they’re not at their tables.

When Abbott announced the state was dropping its mask requirement, he said businesses still have a right to determine their own safety protocols.

“If businesses want to limit capacity or implement additional safety protocols, they have the right to do so,” he said, KHOU reported.

But it wasn’t long before many took to social media claiming that asking patrons to leave for not wearing masks is illegal. Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo dispelled that notion last week.

“Private businesses enjoy property rights and may require folks to wear a mask,” he wrote on Twitter. “Please respect their property rights. If you decline to wear a mask and are asked to leave and refuse, you may be committing the offense of criminal trespass.”

Acevedo said businesses can call police for help if someone won’t leave the store and added that those who don’t like a business’ policy can go elsewhere, KHOU reported.

Many big companies with stores in Texas have said they’ll still require customers to wear masks, including Walmart, Target, CVS and Kroger.

And McDonald’s said last week that it will continue to keep its dining rooms closed to customers.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article249761688.html
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/07/21 09:41 PM
Saw there was a knock down drag out at bed bath and beyond today over a no mask situation. smh
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 01:39 PM
All that is a bunch of crap, and I mean that is a way that agrees with you.

As one who wants to continue to wear a mask for a while longer, I will. I also have the right to do so.

Even though I don't drink anymore, my wife and I prefer to sit at the bar to eat. If we go in and there aren't chairs missing and ample space between groups, we don't.

That is the choice we make. When the magic date might be, who knows, though it will probably be sooner than later. My thinking is maybe a month after we have both received our 2nd dose which will be around the 20th of the month.

If getting the vaccine doesn't do any good, what's the point?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Hahaha, yes... illegal aliens entering the country was never a problem before the Trump admin.

TDS, indeed.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 03:11 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Hahaha, yes... illegal aliens entering the country was never a problem before the Trump admin.

TDS, indeed.
. TDS indeed bro. Least we forget. It was trump who made it a policy to separate children from their families. So yeah we can stop reaching for straws just to make Biden look bad.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 03:46 PM
Least we forget. It was trump who made it a policy to separate children from their families. So yeah we can stop reaching for straws just to make Biden look bad.

That's actually not true, either. The policy was in place before Trump, but the issue blew up when Trump introduced his zero tolerance policy on the matter and had everyone prosecuted. The separation policy was in place prior as a measure to protect children from going to a holding area where they'd be surrounded by criminals (people that were accused of of crimes in addition to entering the country illegally).
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 03:47 PM
Texas is well on its way to becoming Florida 2.0
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 04:28 PM
TDS is russian for "I love fascism".
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 04:29 PM
Texas is well on its way to becoming Florida 2.0

Meth Heads and cowboys, what could go wrong?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
TDS is russian for "I love fascism".
PS tried to say that the policy of separating kids (and the illegal immigration problem as a whole) was created by Trump.

Whatever it is, there's a syndrome that can be attributed to believing nonsense like that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 06:17 PM
I'm not sure if you don't get it or don't want to get it. When the state has a mandate to wear a mask, business owners have a fall back to avoid disputes. They can simply tell their patrons that it's the law and they have no say in the matter.

Once your government gives you permission not to wear a mask, it removes that buffer they previously had. Now you and I both know that a business has a right to set their own rules and reserve the right not to serve someone who will not follow their guidelines. But let's not pretend that there aren't a lot of people out their that consider a business enforcing a mask mandate as infringing on their freedoms.

If you don't believe that incidents between citizens and business owners will drastically increase I think you're seriously underestimating the situation. And secondly, when a business can use state law as a buffer, there isn't an appearance they are taking a side. Both those who feel wearing a mask is fine and those who don't wish to wear a mask understand a business must follow the law. Now it makes customers pick a side on where they wish to do business based on who is and who isn't enforcing a mask mandate.

Texas businesses must decide whether to require face masks. Some worry they could lose customers either way.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/03/texas-businesses-mask-mandate/

Abbott just put a huge target on business no matter which way they choose to go by eliminating common sense guidelines and there's really no excuses anyone can come up with that says otherwise.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 07:26 PM
We just disagree.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 07:28 PM
That's cool. We will be able to see how the chips fall over the next few weeks. I know there are a lot of Texas business owners who are concerned about it.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 07:35 PM
True. I also think over the next few weeks we will see other states do the same.

There has to be a start to opening back up. People might disagree on when but it is going to happen.

Is this too soon? Maybe is probably the most accurate answer.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 08:06 PM
I think we disagree on what "a start" is. When you open up everything at 100% and do away with a mask mandate, I don't consider that, "a start".

I consider it doing pretty much the same thing that started the third wave over the holidays. It's like they're saying, "We know what works to help bring cases down but we're going to ignore ALL of that when we're only a few months away from having most people vaccinated".

This isn't going to end well. I'm all for easing restrictions as cases go down. What I'm not for is abandoning "every" safe guard on the state level all at once with cases still this high.

I would just like to remind you that the average daily covid cases right now are still higher than October of last year. We see how that turned out when people soon after started traveling and gathering for the holidays. But places like Texas and Mississippi are having a problem doing the math on that one.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 08:41 PM
maybe Texas is taking their lead from the Feds who are releasing infected illegals in to their state? If it's ok to do that, it much be all clear.

That is 90% joke, so don't get all bent out of shape.

Like I said, I wouldn't do it at this point, but, who am I?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/08/21 10:30 PM
Quote:
Like I said, I wouldn't do it at this point, but, who am I?

Someone who obviously possesses more common sense than Greg Abbott.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 04:03 AM
Start in Ohio, work it around to 2/3rds of state legislatures, a constitutional amendment of the United States constitution.

All kids in cages, waiting on decisions on immigration status,
all daca and dreamer folks, anyone granted amnesty, or in limbo status,

must be housed or moved to the same zip code as the U.S. capital meets.
Any leftovers must be moved to Martha's Vineyard, or upstate Massachusetts' and Connecticutts' zip codes. thumbsup
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:37 AM

Greyhound, Texas Governor React to Biden Administration’s Open Border Plan

The president CEO of Greyhound bus company and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott are pushing back against President Joe Biden and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas for their open border policies, including allowing illegal aliens inside the country without testing individuals for the coronavirus.

“Our top priority is the safety of our employees and passengers,” Greyhound CEO David Leach wrote in a letter sent to DHS. “We need assurance that any detainees released by ICE have proof of a negative COVID-19 test, similar to the proof required for international airline passengers who arrive at U.S. ports of entry.”

“Greyhound already asks our customers to stay home and not travel if they are not feeling well or have been diagnosed with COVID,” the letter said. “However, migrants simply do not have that choice unless the government or their sponsors house them while they quarantine.”

“Therefore, it is critical to public safety that ICE provide 100 percent assurance that no one released that can be reasonably expected to ride a Greyhound bus be infected with COVID-19 (or mixed with other potential passengers that have tested negative),” Leach said in the letter.

The NBC affiliate in El Paso, Texas, reported on the Texas governor’s reaction to the Biden administration’s policies, which reverse the strengthening of the border and large reduction in illegal border crossings under former President Donald Trump:

News of the letter also comes on a day of criticisms being traded between Austin and Washington, DC, as Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweets that the testing of released migrants is a federal responsibility.

The NBC report continued:

Meanwhile, Mayorkas earlier this week told a White House press briefing that other than those asylum-seekers released from the remain-in-Mexico program, no migrants were being released into the country due to Title 42 border restrictions to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Leach also announced that he has requested additional financial aid from the federal government if the company is expected to transport thousands of illegal aliens around the country.

“We simply do not have buses and drivers ready to meet surges in demand without emergency funding,” Leach said in the NBC report. “In order to properly serve immigrants coming into the southern border and traveling to their sponsor destination, Greyhound will be operating one-way moves throughout the country and in order to get the resources back (buses and drivers) to the border to continue operations, Greyhound needs funding assistance to cover the costs of repositioning buses and drivers from other parts of the country to wherever they may be needed.”

Greg Abbott's Twitter response is shown inside the link.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...en-border-plan/
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 08:58 AM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 11:30 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Start in Ohio, work it around to 2/3rds of state legislatures, a constitutional amendment of the United States constitution.

All kids in cages, waiting on decisions on immigration status,
all daca and dreamer folks, anyone granted amnesty, or in limbo status,

must be housed or moved to the same zip code as the U.S. capital meets.
Any leftovers must be moved to Martha's Vineyard, or upstate Massachusetts' and Connecticutts' zip codes. thumbsup

I wouldn't even want that. Drop them off 10 feet on the other side of the Rio with 2 days of food and water, $40 and tell them to walk home. That is probably more than when they started.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 12:12 PM
I wish I could do this to certain posters.
Posted By: Swish Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 01:15 PM
I don’t even care anymore.

With the birth rates the way they currently are, combined with the fact that culturally they aren’t any different from us, whatever.

At the end of the day, if republicans actually cared about illegal immigration, they would’ve fixed it when they had full control of government.

They didn’t. Because other than a fear mongering to keep their voters scared and in check, they don’t give two craps about it either.

At this point we gotta get an infrastructure bill going. To me, that’s the biggest crisis facing this country right now. Left, right, liberal, conservative or whatever we identify with. Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
At this point we gotta get an infrastructure bill going. To me, that’s the biggest crisis facing this country right now. Left, right, liberal, conservative or whatever we identify with. Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

Bottom line, I think the left and democrats are just agents of whomever,
Whether it's China, or Whomever, but the ones pulling the strings on this puppet government, (And the Rino's are in there too)

Like I said, who don't care about the USA. (Because they are managing the dismantling of the US in the installment of a World system of Gov't that doesn't include the US as a special or even soverign place, Probably)
I don't think anybody cared about the US. in Govt, except Trump, and that's why they hated him so much, (one of many reasons),

So the chances for a real infrastructure bill, are (hilariously laughable? ), NO! because the need is there, so it's Sad,)

The Left, trying to improve America, (whom I'm convinced they HATE), is, or would be like
Disney, (with the mouse and all), buying WB. Chuck Jones. Bugs Bunny's draw-er. new colored pencils.

( So am I saying, "you should have thought of that" before supporting ... Whatever! It doesn't help.

I doubt there is going to be an infrastructure bill, unless that infrastructure they are building
rofl is in Iraq again,
or SOMEWHERE! outside the geography, (can't say walls because rofl ), of these 50 United States.

Good luck. Good luck the Democrat left doing anything to make life better for folks who live inside the 50 states.
rofl Seriously? Where has anyone who thinks that, been, they've been showing their cards for Many Years!
They don't care about the USA, Oh my Gosh! They've been so transparent, for Decades, and they don't change,
they don't disguise their ideas,
It's right there in front of everyones face, in and on every issue.

The left, wants and continues, to tear down the US, and what makes the US stronger,
in lieu of what helps out the international community, and what makes the international community stronger in relation to US strength.

Sorry to be a downer, but the fat-chancedness of the Dems. doing an infrastructure bill is comical on a high level.

(I just thought of something),- Who! was tearing up cities last June, because they were backside-hurt, and that included smashing up, vandalism, of big parts of prolly 50+ cities in the USA?

The Left! so they wouldn't turn around and, (infrastructure bill)- make America better?

Oh my gosh. Swish, if you want an infrastructure bill,
can I say
You want to Make America Great Again.

Pf. all the bull crud aside, it would be nice to see an infrastructure bill.
I doubt it happens.

( It's like I heard the British have a saying about the US. you can always count on the US to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else.)
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 02:05 PM
Dude, are you Alex Jones?

Because that's who you remind me of. And that's not a good thing.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 02:30 PM
Even Alex Jones makes more sense and has a better grip on reality. The bar is very low.
Posted By: Swish Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 02:39 PM
That fact that you keep claiming we hate this country just makes me disregard anything you have to say.

Which is a perfect example of why I don’t mind the democrats doing what they can to make sure their agenda passes without the GOP.

I doesn’t matter how much the Dems reach across the isle, the GOP won’t support any bills simply because they have to make sure guys like you keep voting for them.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 02:45 PM
Yet Dems still try to pacify them... this is my biggest issue with centrists. Who cares what GOPers want, they just tried to overthrow the government to keep dems from taking power! Screw their feelings.

But they'll let them filibuster this infrastructure bill. They'll let them stop anything on minimum wage and health care. They'll lose the power just handed to them in 2022... It's almost like they are all secretly on the same team, Status Quo.

Did GOPers worry about Dem's feelings when they pushed Amy Coney Barrett through? Or the big tax breaks for the rich? Or when they twice admitted Trump impeachments were justified but they would exonerate him anyway? NOPE. But it's like Dems have no memory of these things at all. smh
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 03:41 PM
From a purely tactical perspective, I have noticed that. The GOP definitely goes for the jugular more than the Dems have.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 03:42 PM
I don’t even care anymore.

With the birth rates the way they currently are, combined with the fact that culturally they aren’t any different from us, whatever.

At the end of the day, if republicans actually cared about illegal immigration, they would’ve fixed it when they had full control of government.

They didn’t. Because other than a fear mongering to keep their voters scared and in check, they don’t give two craps about it either.

I agree on Infrastructure. One side or the other has been tagging a lot of other crap in with a basic bill that the other side won't approve.

I understand that consolidates votes, but some things to be stand alone votes. Roads, bridges, dams should be stand alone votes. Don't allow that to get bogged down because someone wants to tie in minimum wage or abortion rights, or gun laws, or whatever.

Let's just get that taken care of. Everyone wants it, but people want credit, so they tie in this or that so they can claim the other side is against a roads bill.

Just get that done for Pete's sake. Geesh...
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 04:08 PM
"It's almost like they are all secretly on the same team, Status Quo."

They are....Them vs Us. And they are winning, because they have us split into multiple groups fighting with each other.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 04:52 PM
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
"It's almost like they are all secretly on the same team, Status Quo."

They are....Them vs Us. And they are winning, because they have us split into multiple groups fighting with each other.

Same thing is a popular thought with progressives. The divides are here to keep us from uniting against the establishment. BUT I draw a line at working with those that are cool with fascism.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 04:57 PM

An infrastructure bill certainly needs passed. It will be interesting to follow.

*Click tweet for full article from the interview*

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:15 PM
And OCD avoids addressing this like the plague. He'd rather try and place all of the blame on Biden because he can't seem to grasp the concept that if Manchin doesn't vote for a bill the Democrats lose in even a simple majority vote of 50 to 49. He claims anyone thinking otherwise "supports fascism".
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:20 PM
I GRASP THE CONCEPT that you are using that framing again. You simply can't wrap around a difference in views. That's a you problem Pit, not a me problem. And Biden is what he is... he lied, he's a disappointment, and he's a centrist corporatist sellout.

As for the infrastructure bill, Manchin is just Joe's excuse. When the whole party comes down on Manchin, he buckles. They all do. Joe is not using his bully pulpit to get things done and not whipping the votes like he should IF he really wanted to get things done.

Infrastructure will happen because GOPers want it too. It will be full of pork, and I'm good with that if it is also full of good things for the working class. We're not just looking at roads and bridges, so we'll see what is in and what is out before I say how I feel about it... Can you grasp that?
Posted By: Swish Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:22 PM
Manchin is definitely having fun being the unofficial tie breaker in the senate. I think there’s a disconnect between him and WV voters, as even the right wing governor wanted the COVID bill passed, but whatever.

I think Biden needs to be smart and try and find a way to include some sort of infrastructure that ties into the southern border (no, not some dumb wall).

Broadband, 5G access, leasing private property at the border for green energy that basically doubled as extra security, or something along those lines. Unfortunately it’s gotta be something that the GOP’s fear mongering gets watered down, just like their fear mongering over the COVID bill.

Rural communities need faster communication lines and such too. Gotta be creative here, and I have a bit of hope that maybe they will.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:23 PM
Biden didn't lie. He actually understands that when you take an all or nothing position you will lose every time. Get back to me in three years and eleven months. Biden can't microwave everything you want in six or seven weeks.
Posted By: Swish Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:24 PM
Mexico looks like they’re gearing up for cannabis legalization.

That would be a perfect 1-2 punch of a trade deal tied into extra security along the border from both sides.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:27 PM
NOBODY said he needs to microwave(whatever that means) everything I want in 6 weeks. But you can tell what he is willing to do to get things done by the WORDS THAT COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. But stick your head in the sand and just dismiss all of that because you are sold on Biden like trumpians were sold on him... probably see you worshiping a golden Biden statue in a few months. Q style.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:29 PM
I don't know how much you lump yourself in with democrat party poliiticans. I sure wish I could find evidence, any evidence that the Democrats love the US.
I would sleep better.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:31 PM
Mexico looks like they’re gearing up for cannabis legalization.

That would be a perfect 1-2 punch of a trade deal tied into extra security along the border from both sides.

I read that a lot of companies and three countries are super interested in it too... I mean it's been one of their biggest exports for decades, so they should use it strengthen their economy and to hurt the cartels. But they will have to do better than that commercial bud dirt they usually send here, that ish won't fly against the commercial bud being grown for dispensaries right now.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:33 PM
I don't know how much you lump yourself in with democrat party poliiticans. I sure wish I could find evidence, any evidence that the Democrats love the US.
I would sleep better.

You should sleep better because they all love the US... and the STATUS QUO... so nothing will change. Sleep well, I think you could use it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:39 PM
As per usual rather than actually try and make this a discussion you rant.

Rather than look at everything accomplished by this covid relief bill you are just whining that you didn't get everything you wanted in it.

Sort of like a child who got eight out of ten things he wanted on his Christmas list and rather than be happy, all he can do is throw a tantrum about the two things he didn't get. I've seen children like that before

And in case you missed it, it was the house and the senate who wrote and revised the Covid bill, not Biden. But you're obsessed with biden.

So does that mean you're suggesting he not sign it when it reaches his desk? Is that what you're suggesting? I know you won't answer any serious questions because you can't.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:44 PM
Biden signaled the kill of the $15 minimum wage 2 weeks before the voting started on TV when he said it probably wouldn't make it into the package... You are clueless because you refuse to look at him with any skepticism at all. I won't worship at his altar like a brain dead groupie. I never wanted him in the first place and I made that well known, why would you expect me to "fall in line" now? GMAB

You can try to defend him all you want, he's weak.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:46 PM
Rural communities need faster communication lines and such too. Gotta be creative here, and I have a bit of hope that maybe they will.

Two members of the House GOP have introduced a bill that would prohibit further municipal expansion of broadband services into rural areas nit currently receiving service and eliminate new municipal creation of broadband services unless private companies were including in that particular market. The push is for private businesses to fill the gaps rather than electrical co-ops, municipalities, etc..

This has no chance of passing, but if it did, this would likely have a negative impact on the constituents of these members, particularly in rural areas.

Here's the article...

https://gizmodo.com/house-republicans-wasted-no-time-introducing-the-dumbes-1846301176
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:48 PM
It's because it was true. The bill would never have passed with the minimum wage included. It seems you feel no Covid relief plan was the better option. Manchin was never going to go for it. It's that 50-49 math problem again.

My dad taught me there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Being smart isn't the same thing as being weak.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:51 PM
As for the signing question, yes I want him to sign it because the dealing is done. Just because he rolled over and lost OR never intended to win those fights in the first place, doesn't mean there is not a lot that IS good in the package. But not everything is good, not everything is ok with me, and I'm not even ranting about those things. But I am ranting about how he got pushed around or made it look that way to dodge accountability... That's some corporatist playbook crap right there... Make promises with no intention of follow through just to steal an election... That's why we have people who don't trust dems and flock to somebody like Trump. And it's why, if it continues, he will waste the power handed to him and let GOPers back in! It should be 40 years before the right comes back into power after the insurrection. But at this point Vegas probably has them favored in 22 and 24. It's only those with their heads in the sand cheerleading that think differently.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/09/21 05:53 PM
It's because it was true. The bill would never have passed with the minimum wage included. It seems you feel no Covid relief plan was the better option. Manchin was never going to go for it. It's that 50-49 math problem again.

My dad taught me there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Being smart isn't the same thing as being weak.

Who says it would never have passed? With a little pressure and a little work they could have got it through... Mitch McConnell can get anything done with a small majority, are you saying Biden is not as good as Mitch? Wow, you really are buying in huh?

Did your dad also teach you that unless you are sure something will pass, you shouldn't even try?
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/10/21 01:04 AM
Jen Psaki Refuses to Confirm Record Number of ‘Kids in Cages’ During Biden Presidency

Charlie Spiering

9 Mar 2021

White House press secretary Jen Psaki refused Tuesday to confirm reports that the number of detained unaccompanied minors at the border had tripled since Biden became president.

“I’m not going to confirm numbers from here,” Psaki said during the White House press briefing. “Obviously, the Department of Homeland Security and others are–oversee the programs and the engagements that happen at the border.

Psaki was repeatedly questioned about the number of unattended minors in custody by the border control as reporters noted that the numbers had tripled just in the last two weeks to over 3,200 — more children held in detention centers at a single time than during President Donald Trump’s presidency.

Both President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris strongly condemned such facilities during the 2020 presidential campaign, accusing former President Donald Trump of putting children and “babies in cages.”

“Jen, why won’t you confirm that number?” one reporter asked. “That’s a very important number.”

Psaki repeatedly referred reporters to the Department of Homeland Security.

“But we’ve talked to them, Jen,” the reporter replied. “They won’t confirm the numbers.”

“I would encourage you to go back to them and ask them again,” Psaki replied. “We’re not going to confirm them are from the White House. It’s not our program.”

The White House is tracking the numbers of kids at the border, as they repeatedly deny that there is a crisis taking place on their watch.

“Look, I don’t think we need to sit here and put new labels on what we have already conveyed is challenging,” Psaki said, when asked if the numbers at the border had reached the level of a crisis.

She said the detained children would be moved “as quickly as possible” from the Border Patrol facilities to shelters where they could have educational resources, health resources, mental health resources, and legal aid.

Psaki told reporters that they would open up the migrant facilities in the future to reporters to see the centers personally.

“We’re committed to doing that,” she said, but added she did not have a timeline for when that would be.

“We want to do it with respect for the privacy of the people staying there, people who are being housed there, but also abiding by COVID protocols,” she added.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...den-presidency/
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/10/21 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
From a purely tactical perspective, I have noticed that. The GOP definitely goes for the jugular more than the Dems have.

Was listening to a podcast 2 days ago. One of the hosts was describing the difference between how R's and D's govern when each are in power:

"Republicans drive it like they stole it; Democrats drive it like it's rented- and they didn't spring for the insurance."

I really think the GOP would have a Chernobyl-level mental meltdown if Dems tried even 10% of the ish GOP tries to get away with. Case in point: Biden wouldn't be nominating Merrick Garland for AG or anything, had the GOP played by the rules. Garland would be in his 4th year as SCOTUS.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/10/21 02:10 AM
It's complicated.

In 2016, candidate Trump was the first presidential candidate ever to be endorsed by the Customs and Border Patrol, either them or their union.

I guess He,(Trump), knew a little bit about complicated.

Biden doesn't know what the Pentagon is. "that outfit over there".

I'll admit this next thought is plagerized but,

What is the plan to vaccinate the 11 million people crossing the southern boder against covid?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 04:32 AM
Quote:
maybe Texas is taking their lead from the Feds who are releasing infected illegals in to their state?

We refer to that as the Gov. Andrew Cuomo Covid mitigation plan.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 05:45 AM
Quote:
Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

I feel you but the potholes are just an inconvenience and the bridges aren't likely to fall down..

the real problem is in our ability to make and distribute clean water, treat sewer water to a point where it can be returned to fresh water, make and distribute electricity.. that's where the pending infrastructure crisis is.

It's been a few years back, probably even before Trump, but the government put out this "shocking" report that our infrastructure needed a $2T investment really just to not fall farther behind and everybody gasped.. 2 months before that the American Society of Civil Engineers put out their own study that said it was closer to $3T
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 12:49 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I feel you but the potholes are just an inconvenience and the bridges aren't likely to fall down..

Meanwhile, in Cincinnati....
Posted By: mgh888 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 01:40 PM
Quote:
Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

Damn - so after 3rd world dictator tactics from Trump, now we should accept 3rd world roads and highways? As the richest Nation the planet has ever known, we don't want free healthcare as a right for our citizens and we think potholes are acceptable! LOL
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Quote:

Damn - so after 3rd world dictator tactics from Trump, now we should accept 3rd world roads and highways? As the richest Nation the planet has ever known, we don't want free healthcare as a right for our citizens and we think potholes are acceptable! LOL

Exaggerate much?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 03:52 PM
Quote:

Can't tell if you are joking or not.. but what I said is that potholes are an inconvenience, water and power infrastructure failure would be a crisis.

And if you've ever been to a 3rd world country.. potholes is far from their biggest problem.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 04:13 PM
Quote:

Can't tell if you are joking or not.. but what I said is that potholes are an inconvenience, water and power infrastructure failure would be a crisis.

And if you've ever been to a 3rd world country.. potholes is far from their biggest problem.

Have you ever seen an African pothole? wink
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 05:55 PM

I do breathe a sigh of relief when I make it across the river.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 07:40 PM
Quote:

Exaggerate much?

Did you miss the attempted coup OR the way he let 500K die to save his lie? SMH, it doesn't get more banana republic than that ish.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 11:08 PM
Quote:

You do have to understand the Roads bills has been hung up in Congress for years because it is a political football. Neither side wanted to give the other side credit.

At this point it is a big loss for both sides.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/16/21 11:10 PM

Why? You run in to spaghetti junction when heading in from Ky. and when you enter KY., people decide the speed limit is 80 and start weaving in and out during a curvy 5 mile stretch.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 11:20 AM
Quote:

Exaggerate much?

Did you miss the attempted coup OR the way he let 500K die to save his lie? SMH, it doesn't get more banana republic than that ish.

Did you miss the subject matter was about roads and infrastructure. But don't let me stop you and your group from constantly trying to turn every topic into a Trump bashing.

Trump's no longer in office, Biden is. You can choose to stoop to the level of Fish or Throw and a few others, and try to play the blame game, point fingers, "my dad can beat up your dad" schoolyard crap. Or we can respect each other and have adult discussions without the grade school crap.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 01:10 PM
Good luck with that.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 01:19 PM
No kidding? As if y’all ever have lol.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 03:22 PM
The only blame I will throw is when it comes up for a vote. Some will vote for it and some will votes against it. The only time a president deserves any of the blame is if or when an infrastructure bill comes in front of him and he refuses to sign it.

The president doesn't hold the power of the purse. Congress has that responsibility. They and they alone can put together and pass an infrastructure bill. So we'll find out who is to blame when it comes up before the house and the senate.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 05:50 PM
This time we will just like last time and the time before.

Bills in the name of Covid relief or roads or whatever are great. The problem is with all the stupid stuff attached.

One time I don't like it, the next time you don't like it. That is how some of these congress people try to get things passed that wouldn't otherwise pass on a straight up vote. Both parties do it, so lets not try to keep the political football in play by taking sides.

Write the darn Bills and keep them on point.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 06:03 PM
I understand what you're saying in concept. The problem is exactly as you have described, both parties do it. Your scenario, sadly as I agree with you, is a pipe dream on both our parts. That simply isn't going to happen as much as we would both like it to.

The question at some point becomes a simple one. Just how far are we going to let our infrastructure decay until we address it?

Fact; There is going to be pork written into any legislative process.

So how far do we let things deteriorate before we simply understand that we must look past some of that to make our infrastructure sound again?

If we allowed riders to legislation stop us from passing anything, nothing would ever be passed. What we both want, which are no riders added to a bill (pork) is never going to happen by either party, at some point we have to move forward.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 07:01 PM

Why? You run in to spaghetti junction when heading in from Ky. and when you enter KY., people decide the speed limit is 80 and start weaving in and out during a curvy 5 mile stretch.

Haha, Cincinnati traffic is awful, you're correct. I was just talking about making it over the Brent-Spence bridge.

I oddly enough haven't dealt with too many speedsters on the Kentucky side. I don't feel like they get too bad until I get to more of the deep woods or Appalachian portion.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 07:08 PM
Side note: I play hockey with a buddy that 'does logistics'... I don't know what that means, but he directs a lot of commercial traffic in and around this area of the country. Supposedly, it's a known thing in his line of work that Cinci is the 2nd biggest transportation/logistical headache, only beat out by getting in and out of NYC (or something like that... point is, that area epically sucks).
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 07:24 PM
TQL?

I don't doubt it. It's a nightmare driving through that bottleneck.
Posted By: Jester Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 07:30 PM

Bills in the name of Covid relief or roads or whatever are great. The problem is with all the stupid stuff attached.

One time I don't like it, the next time you don't like it. That is how some of these congress people try to get things passed that wouldn't otherwise pass on a straight up vote. Both parties do it, so lets not try to keep the political football in play by taking sides.

I agree 100%. And because that's the way congress does it, the president will never get line item veto power.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester

I agree 100%. And because that's the way congress does it, the president will never get line item veto power.

I see no reason for riders/add ons to bills.

Things that are worthy would get voted for.

The only reason for riders/add ons is they can be buried in a 600 to 1200 or more pages bill. Give it a fancy name, like "covid relief", and it gets passed. All $1,900,000,000.00 of which a small portion goes to covid relief, while hundreds of billions goes over seas.

I think ESSENTIAL spending would be expedited with 1 item bills, and it would save money short term and long term.

Problem with that is, congress wouldn't get their kickbacks. They couldn't hide stuff on page 891, etc.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 09:13 PM
100%
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 09:26 PM
It's the old "Oh, you didn't vote for covid relief?"

Nah, I voted FOR that, it's just the other trillion I voted against. 100 million to pakistan to study gender? A billion over there for whatever, 5 billion to some other country for whatever, on and on.

But, with the catchy name of covid relief, you get lambasted by your constituents if you vote against it, and you get not re elected.

It's a huge problem, and the people that benefit the most? Congress.

And it's not just this last bill. It's pretty much every bill that gets passed. Congress people are reaping the rewards, big time.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 10:20 PM
I have not seen anywhere that $100M is being designated to a Pakistan gender study in this current bill that became law. There was $25M set aside for Pakistan gender programs in the second stimulus package that was signed into law under the previous administration.

Here is what that money is generally used for...
https://www.usaid.gov/pakistan/cross-cutting-themes-good-governance-and-gender-equity

Only 0.52% of the money is designated for foreign aid in this bill. Which amounts to amounts to ~$11B.

By and large the vast majority of the bill is going to support Americans, from small business, low to middle class families, rural housing, states and local municipalities, schools, child abuse prevention, mental health, youth suicide, rail way workers, covid testing, vaccination programs etc.

Reuters: Fact Check-What’s in the new $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill?

Here is the full text of the American Rescue Plan of 2021.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-cong...9B02AA6A4D00FC1
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 10:58 PM
That's neat and all, but dig a little deeper. Take the money for schools? Much of it is going to the pensions.

And anyway, why are we sending even 1 dollar to pakistan?

Why did we send 25 million to pakistan in the earlier stimulus package?

Why'd we send them ANYTHING in a stimulus package.

You've highlighted EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Our gov't. is sending money elsewhere under the guise of helping us. And it sucks..........but, congress people will get their cut one way or another. Trust me.
Posted By: Squires Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/17/21 10:59 PM

The numbers in that article only add up to 1.4 trillion. Thats 500 billion going to something thats not covid. This makes the 3rd covid bill with money going to people that don't need it. This is why people don't trust the government.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/18/21 12:48 AM
I've read into it quite a bit.

$86B total for pensions that includes funding for manufacturing, construction, retail and entertainment.

I imagine the 1M workers who are currently retired and were facing the unsettling news that their retirement pension may go defunct can now sleep a little easier.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covid-re...sion-plans.html

As for the $25M to Pakistan, I do not have the answer on why it was included in the previous package. As a super power, the US gives lots of money in foreign aid. In the grand scheme of spending, the $25M is the equivalent of someone losing a penny. $25M is a rounding error.

The enormous spending packages will always have riders/pork, whatever anyone wants to term them, that will not sit well with everyone. It'd be impossible to pass legislation that everyone agrees on. The add-ons allow members of Congress to steer money back to their home district or state. If spending bills were introduced on a single issue basis nothing would ever pass.

There will be plenty of earmarks when the massive infrastructure legislation is written and introduced.

IMO, the American Recovery Act bill will have a positive impact on lower and middle class people. Also, a significant impact on local municipalities that lost a significant amount of money in local tax revenues.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-relief-republican-mayors/

A family of four making under $150k will have $5600 deposited to their bank accounts. I doubt any of those families will be sending that money back.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/18/21 01:08 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

$86B total for pensions that includes funding for manufacturing, construction, retail and entertainment.
Why? I've been told since forever on here that pensions are self funded. Now we're seeing they aren't. What's that have to do with covid?

Quote:

I imagine the 1M workers who are currently retired and were facing the unsettling news that their retirement pension may go defunct can now sleep a little easier.
At whose expense? Oh, just the countries.
Quote:

As for the $25M to Pakistan, I do not have the answer on why it was included in the previous package. As a super power, the US gives lots of money in foreign aid. In the grand scheme of spending, the $25M is the equivalent of someone losing a penny. $25M is a rounding error.
You're missing the bigger picture. It's not just Pakistan getting money. But, whatever, the u.s. is an endless pot of money, right?
[quote}

The enormous spending packages will always have riders/pork, whatever anyone wants to term them, that will not sit well with everyone. It'd be impossible to pass legislation that everyone agrees on. The add-ons allow members of Congress to steer money back to their home district or state. If spending bills were introduced on a single issue basis nothing would ever pass. [/quote} I disagree, entirely. Everyone can agree on things on an individual basis. There is NO need to include pork on ANY spending bill, ever. If the pork was needed, vote on it separately. Fairly basic concept, no?

You and your wife need a new roof. It's going to cost $20,000. You both agree to do it. Then your wife adds in $10,000 for a vacation, and your daughter adds $5,000 for braces, and your son adds in $1,500 so he can buy his girlfriend stuff to impress her, and your mom and dad add in $20,000 for whatever.

All of a sudden your $20,000 roof costs over $56,000.

Quote:

There will be plenty of earmarks when the massive infrastructure legislation is written and introduced.

IMO, the American Recovery Act bill will have a positive impact on lower and middle class people. Also, a significant impact on local municipalities that lost a significant amount of money in local tax revenues.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-relief-republican-mayors/

A family of four making under $150k will have $5600 deposited to their bank accounts. I doubt any of those families will be sending that money back.

I guarantee that family of 4 won't send any back.

I completely disagree that ......what do we call it? The "American Recovery Act"?????????????????? that will have negative affects for decades on the exact people you purport it will help.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/18/21 01:13 AM
That's cool. We disagree. No biggie.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/18/21 04:25 PM
I guess the better option was to do nothing? That's the message it appears some are sending. Riders are not something any of us like. The problem is that both sides do this. Neither side is going to give up that power and relinquish it.

I understand the frustration it brings because I share it to. But I try and be rational about it. Fact is, that is the system we live under. We either move forward in helping our nation in terms of Covid and infrastructure, something most all of us benefit from, or we do nothing and watch our nation crumble.

While it's a frustrating decision I think it's a rather simple one until such time as we can change the current political system.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/20/21 07:56 PM
j/c:

Texas Gov. Abbott says Biden's migrant crisis is now a 'humanitarian disaster' amid COVID outbreak at hastily constructed child holding facility which has no 'usable running water' - while Pelosi claims the president has situation 'under control'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...r.html#comments
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/21/21 06:52 AM

Joe Biden to Spend $86 Million on Hotel Rooms for Border Crossers notallthere

John Binder

20 Mar 2021

President Joe Biden’s administration has awarded a taxpayer-funded contract to pay for hotel rooms for border crossers arriving at the United States-Mexico border.

An Axios report reveals that Biden’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will pay a Texas-based nonprofit to provide $86 million worth of hotel rooms for six months for approximately 1,200 families who cross the southern border. DHS confirmed the arrangement.

The hotel rooms, according to Axios, will be in Arizona and Texas near the southern border and will serve as welcoming centers for border crossers whom the Biden administration is hoping to quickly release into the U.S. interior.

Already, detention facilities at the southern border are being reworked to become similar-style welcoming centers for border crossers where adults and children are released within a 72-hour period. The administration is looking to welcome nearly 120,000 Unaccompanied Alien Children (UACs) into the U.S. this year.

In addition, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is spending $110 million for “eligible local nonprofit and governmental organizations and state governmental facilities that have aided, or will aid” border crossers apprehended and released into the U.S. interior.

This week, DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas confirmed to lawmakers the agency had been releasing border crossers into the U.S. interior who were not tested for the coronavirus and, it was discovered, were carrying the virus.

Federal officials told the media that UACs at one particular facility had a positive coronavirus rate of 11 percent — nearly double the Texas positivity average. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) called the coronavirus outbreak at the UAC facilities “unacceptable and inhumane.”

In February, almost 100,000 border crossers were apprehended at the southern border, an increase of 170 percent from the same time last year. The number of illegal aliens who successfully crossed the border, undetected, since October 2020 has surpassed 118,000, Breitbart News exclusively reported.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/20/joe-biden-spend-86m-hotel-rooms-border-crossers/
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/21/21 07:07 AM
That's it Biden/Harris...spread 'em out all over the country with the Covid 19 virus... notallthere flamingmad

Joe Biden Expedites Import of Illegal Aliens by Flying Them to the Canadian Border for ‘Processing’

Penny Starr

20 Mar 2021

The flow of illegal aliens into the United States is growing so rapidly the Biden administration is preparing to fly them to the Canadian border so as to expedite “processing” them into the country, according to the Washington Post.

While former President Donald Trump’s immigration policy was aimed at securing U.S. borders and preventing people from entering the country before they were vetted — including testing for the Chinese coronavirus — President Joe Biden has turned the effort on its head. This means that what were once detention centers are now reception centers welcoming thousands of migrants into the country on a daily basis.

On Friday alone, 1,000 people, including families and Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC), crossed the U.S. border with Mexico, according to the Post.

The paper, which disparaged Trump’s immigration policy on a daily basis, reported on the Biden administration’s “scramble to contend with a widening emergency that officials say they do not view as a ‘crisis’ but a ‘stressful challenge’”:

The extraordinary volume of unauthorized border crossings in recent days has left the families and minors waiting hours outdoors, many under a bridge next to the river where CBP is operating a large outdoor processing station. The backups have been exacerbated by the more than 4,500 unaccompanied teenagers and children held in detention cells and border tent sites, a record number.

The Post cited a lack of winter clothing for the illegal aliens as a concern when flying them to the north of the country, noting how the surge that happened under Trump took place during warmer weather:

That crisis occurred during warmer months, however, and CBP officials did not immediately respond to questions about whether the government would be able to furnish winter clothing to parents with children if they are sent to states such as Montana, South Dakota and Michigan, where the Border Patrol has far fewer staff members and generally smaller facilities. CBP has used ICE aircraft in recent days to transport migrant families from the Rio Grande Valley, where facilities are far overcapacity, to the El Paso area. Many of those families are then being returned to Mexico under a Trump-era emergency public health order.

The outlet did not explain that the “emergency public health order” came from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to protect Americans from further spread of the coronavirus.

Moreover, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) confirmed Thursday it would provide $110 million of taxpayer money to fund nonprofit and government agencies to help illegal aliens coming into the country, the Post reported.

The money is sourced from the $510 million in supplemental funding as part of the massive American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (for which not one Republican voted) that Democrats claimed was aimed at helping Americans in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...for-processing/
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/21/21 10:55 AM
The President and his crack team must be on crack.

Mr.President, just close the boarder you dumbass. Admit it, your border policy is a fail.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/21/21 06:06 PM
So far his border crisis has failed for two months. And as can be seen at least he's working to solve it. Trump's border failure lasted for for years and you, along with the Texas governor didn't say a peep.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/21/21 09:11 PM
Not sure what you mean.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/22/21 02:35 PM
Not sure what you mean.
I'm not speaking for Pitt here, but just about every single president has (in their own way) kicked the illegal alien situation down the road. Until this issue is meaningfully addressed and fixed, we're going to see it come back again and again.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/22/21 05:12 PM
The difference between Trump and Biden regarding the border is that Trumps idea of handling things involved a hard way of dealing

Biden is attempting to do things in a much more human way.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/22/21 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
The difference between Trump and Biden regarding the border is that Trumps idea of handling things involved a hard way of dealing

Biden is attempting to do things in a much more human way.

LOl...screw the human way as you call it. Shut the border and send them back. That works.

If a cat shows up at your door and you give it a bowl of milk, guess what happens? Shoo it on it's way, problem solved.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/22/21 05:31 PM
Human beings aren't cats. I guess you forgot that America is "supposed to be" a nation that sets the world standard for human rights and compassion. I can see why that happened.

And once again, you are obviously too busy complaining to keep up with what's going on because as you said about attacks on Asians, there aren't many of them in your area. Well here's an update for you so you don't look silly complaining about something that has already happened.

DHS chief says border closed, won't give timeline for facilities capable of handling surge of unaccompanied children.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/21/politics/...nntv/index.html

Here's the Readers Digest version for you. Other than non unaccpompanied minors, our border with Mexico is closed. Maybe being kind to children is something you consider wrong. Maybe leaving them to fend for themselves in Mexico is something you endorse.

To most human beings with an ounce of compassion it is not.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/22/21 11:56 PM
Deplorable.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 09:48 AM
Deplorable.

It is deplorable what is happening down there. We need to stop the flow and send those people back home.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 11:25 AM
Deplorable.

It is deplorable what is happening down there. We need to stop the flow and send those people back home.

LOL. They are home. Not like the rapists, drug dealers, and the “Bad Hombres’ “ Trump claimed Mexico was sending. Kids are escaping persecution from those bad hombres. Many have relatives here already and they are carrying their phone numbers with them. But no, the trump loving flag wavers have no heart. Continue the hate bro. Continue to do you.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 11:33 AM
That's not true either. It's more accurate to say they don't have a home. They aren't cats, they're human beings that should be treated with care and dignity. I think this current admin understands that, unlike the last one. But they aren't citizens, just because they're here doesn't mean they get all the rights of citizens. I'm not sure this admin really cares enough to really make that distinction.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 11:34 AM
Deplorable.

No kidding. Comparing humans to stray cats. Pfft ... the fruit of a trump administration of hate .......”thy neighbors”.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 11:38 AM
Are you suggesting trump cared more than Biden?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 12:36 PM
No. I don't think Trump cared about the human element of the border crisis ("bad hombres" and such). Biden's issue (IMO) is the opposite. We need to enforce the rules we have on the books, and if those rules aren't working then we need to change them so that they do.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 01:36 PM
yep...I am comparing people to cats. LOL

Carry on.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/23/21 01:44 PM
yep...I am comparing people to cats. LOL

Carry on.

Yes you did, and it was DEPLORABLE. And your dismissive use of 'carry on' in the face of any and all criticism of your disgusting views is exactly why NOBODY takes you seriously. When you post your opinion, you might as well just copy paste "Repugnant self centered post with zero redeeming qualities or moral values here, move on sharply and take care not to get any of my ish on your shoes."
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/24/21 11:27 AM
yep...I am comparing people to cats.

Actually a stray cat.

Laugh on boomer.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/25/21 07:29 PM
j/c:

Joe Biden says migrant surge is because 'I'm a nice guy' and claims Donald Trump 'dismantled' the immigration system: Finally kicks off first press conference since taking office 65 days ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...e.html#comments
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/25/21 08:13 PM
I watched some of the press conference and that’s not what he said, but feel free to share click bait nonsense.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/25/21 09:18 PM
Yes. He said the reason why it's happening is because he is a nice guy. But context/tone should be a factor as well.

I think it was meant as a joke. The delivery of it was poor.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/25/21 09:45 PM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Joe Biden says migrant surge is because 'I'm a nice guy' and claims Donald Trump 'dismantled' the immigration system: Finally kicks off first press conference since taking office 65 days ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...e.html#comments

rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/25/21 09:59 PM
He was responding to a reporter inferring that was the reason, but it’s more fun to make crap up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/biden-people-arent-coming-border-184600794.html
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/25/21 10:11 PM
Precisely.....context and tone.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/26/21 02:52 PM
President denies media at border. Why is that? What are they trying to hide?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics/...ties/index.html
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/26/21 04:02 PM
Probably for much the same reason Trump hid his tax returns. Because it doesn't look good.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/26/21 10:23 PM
Again with Trump?

Regardless,

I hope Forbes is a legit enough source for the haters.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/27/21 03:14 AM
GC
Ilhan Omar says "we can't address migration until we address the root problems of migration"

The reason that 9 year old jillian from Honduras was sent to walk to the mexico America border by his mom, is because most of those type countries,

have illigit, corrupt, awful regimes as government which economicaly terrorize their citizens, so that

nobody can do anything to survive except live in the mud in a tin panel hut!

Now. assureadly, Ilian Omar, does not feel that the solution is to hope or help these central americans, and international, middle eastern terrorists mixed in,
to economically be able to live in civilization,

NO.
I assure you, Ilian Omar is so messed up, Her entire solution is to make sure all of Americans are forced into economic submission so that they are forced to live in mud with aluminum panel huts!

So Ilian Omar wants you to be pulled out of your home, and put into a central American style mud hut!
So that the soultuion becomes that the people of central America stop sending their kids to try to enter the usa because she made the usa, just as bad as any worst place on earth you can think of.

That is, the entire, progressive, messed up, America hating, democrats' sollutuions' to all kinds of problems!

1. Ruin anyone who isn't currently suffering!
( Democrat partys philosophy in a nutshell. ^ )
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/27/21 02:48 PM
It appears you're the hater now. I've already said it's a mess at the border. The fact that the two sides are saying opposite things shouldn't be anything new to you.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/27/21 02:50 PM

Helping those countries to help stop the flow of immigrants is what she and other Democrats have been saying for a very long time now.

I have no idea why you think you somehow know what people have or haven't been saying that you never listen to.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/27/21 08:23 PM
General comment.

Marxism is a cult. Science believing is also and or a part of that/a cult.

We have to stand up against the Hate, coming from the left. Speak out against it.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/27/21 10:11 PM

We have to stand up against the Hate, coming from the left. Speak out against it.

rofl THOSE DANN COMMIES
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 01:13 AM
You can't have a double standard without hate groups.
If you have a double standard you support hate groups.

You can't have favoritism without having a double standard. I mean, if you have favoritism, it is a double standard.
Basically, that's not equality, equality is equality, from the root word, equal.

Now, like it or not, "equal" does not mean benefiting one side over another because you feel you have to make up for something.

That is having a double standard.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 09:46 AM

rofl THOSE DANN COMMIES

No need for purple!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 12:46 PM
No Doubt
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 05:42 PM
Video of Ted Cruz Being Blocked From Recording Biden's Kids in Cages

https://rumble.com/vf4oj1-video-of-ted-c...gga&mrefc=2
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 05:43 PM
Poor Ted Cruz. He should be an exception to the rule. Just ask him.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 05:57 PM
Biden’s ‘kids in cages’ prove his hypocrisy on immigration

By Post Editorial Board

February 24, 2021

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris savaged President Donald Trump for keeping “kids in cages.” But now they’re doing the same thing — and undoing the Trump policies that had mitigated the underlying problem.

That is, the Biden administration is housing migrant teens in some of the very same facilities they decried. It’s not really “kids in cages” — or even “kids in containers,” as critics have said of the pod-like structures in Carrizo Springs, Texas, holding up to 700 teens the White House says came to the country unaccompanied. But it’s also not a solution.

Biden-Harris are also reopening an overflow facility in Homestead, Fla., which Harris sought to protest in 2019. The year before, she called Trump’s treatment of migrants a “crime against humanity.”

Of course, many of these facilities opened under President Barack Obama, famously leading Trump to ask Biden in a debate, “Who built the cages, Joe?” But the media blamed it all on Trump, who pursued similar policies to Obama’s before finding a better way, namely working with Mexican and Central American governments to stem the tide of illegal immigration — agreements Biden has unilaterally junked.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and others on the left who think that the Department of Homeland Security “shouldn’t exist” essentially want open borders. Biden claims he doesn’t agree, but then why is he repeating the mistakes of the past?

Obama first sparked the mass waves of illegal immigrants pouring over the border, because his promised amnesty for Dreamers led Central Americans to think they’d be legalized, too. Now the new president is pushing for a path to citizenship for millions of illegal immigrants even as he put a 100-day moratorium on deportations.

(A Texas judge just indefinitely blocked that deportation ban, which has some liberals complaining about activist Trump-appointed judges. That’s pretty rich considering the left’s heavy use of courts to block Trump’s policies.)

Biden is also ending Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” program for Central American asylum seekers, which took pressure off the border. Which leaves two choices: Just let ’em in, or hold ’em in a temporary facility while you process their immigration claims. A problem entirely of Biden’s making.

So while we feel Trump was wrongly vilified for these facilities, Biden deserves every knock of hypocrisy leveled against him.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/24/bidens-kids-in-cages-prove-his-hypocrisy-on-immigration/
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 06:06 PM
It's a huge mess. When there wasn't any place to put them it created a terrible situation. The question then becomes, do you try and solve the problem or do nothing?

Biden administration prepares to activate 2 military sites in Texas for migrant children

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/politics/migrant-children-military-sites-texas/index.html

Of course I'm sure allowing children to fend for themselves on the streets of Mexico sounds like a better alternative to you.

#christianvalues
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/28/21 08:17 PM

BREITBART

Watch: Biden Staffer Blocks Cruz From Taking Video at Migrant Facility

Pam Key

28 Mar 2021

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) showed video of a woman he identified as a Biden administration staffer blocking him from recording at a migrant facility on this week’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “Sunday Morning Futures.”

While Cruz was trying to film at the Border Patrol facility in Donna, Texas, the staffer blocking his camera said, “Please give dignity to the people. Please give dignity to the people.”

Cruz said, “So you work for the commissioner. You’re a senior adviser. You were hired two weeks ago, and you’re instructed to ask us to not have any pictures taken here because the political leadership at DHS does not want the American people to know it.”

The staffer responded, “Please don’t treat the people as such.”

Cruz said, “Your policies are unfortunately trying to hide them. I understand that you were instructed. I respect them, and I want to fix this situation, and the administration that you work for is responsible for these conditions.”

Discussing the video, Cruz said, “The Donna facility where that video you just showed was taken, the Donna facility is this giant tent city that they’ve built. It’s massive. It’s designed to hold a thousand people, but under COVID restrictions, its capacity is 250. It right now has over 4,000 people in it. It is at a 1,500% capacity, and that meant you saw in these cages children, little boys and little girls, side by side, they’re not 6-feet apart,” Cruz said on Sunday.

Hew added, “In that facility, children are testing positive for COVID at roughly a 10% rate.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/...knEuRdj7wQkHeI#

On top of people in cages, it looks like this administration is a 'super spreader'...absolutely for no reason.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/31/21 01:22 AM

PHOTOS: Biden Allows Reporters in Migrant Child Detention Site at 1700% Capacity

Bob Price

30 Mar 2021

The Biden Administration finally allowed two journalists and a film crew to enter the Border Patrol migrant child detention center in Donna, Texas. The resulting photos and video show the conditions where more than 4,100 children are held in a facility with a capacity of 250 — 1,700 percent above capacity.

After leaked photos and videos of the overcrowded housing of unaccompanied migrant children in Border Patrol facilities along the Texas border, CBP officials allowed two Associated Press reporters and a CBS News camera crew to enter the Donna facility on March 30. Officials allowed the journalists to photograph and observe the processing of the children and the facilities where they were being held well beyond the 27-hour legal limit.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2021/03...-1700-capacity/
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/31/21 02:00 AM
That came from Breitbart, so the libs won't believe it.

Try this video: Posted today.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/31/21 03:15 AM
I am sickened by the continuing conditions at the border. So don't lump the whole left in your general statements.

But I can't help but see some hypocrisy on your part and Fish's part because these same type of scenes (actually worse) were shown the entire time Trump was in office and not once do I remember either of you taking the side of immigrants... I think your attack here is entirely politically motivated and neither of you care about these people at all. Good luck trying to convince anyone otherwise.

Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Border Crisis - 03/31/21 03:27 AM
"Entirely politically motivated", coming from you........
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 03/31/21 04:20 AM
So uh, which centrist on here wants to tell me this isn’t kids in cages????

Each and everyone of you Biden sycophants are an embarrassment to this country if you’re down with this.

Each. And. Everyone.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 03/31/21 04:24 AM
You're correct. We should not allow any more in. Come here legally or stay out.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 03/31/21 02:30 PM
And who is it you think is "down with this"? And can you explain where a progressive president would put all these children? Would they just wave some magic wand and poof! Here comes magic locations to house them all?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 03/31/21 03:37 PM
And who is it you think is "down with this"? And can you explain where a progressive president would put all these children? Would they just wave some magic wand and poof! Here comes magic locations to house them all?
You Evil Centrist and your Reality going around ruining EVERYTHING!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
So uh, which centrist on here wants to tell me this isn’t kids in cages????

Each and everyone of you Biden sycophants are an embarrassment to this country if you’re down with this.

Each. And. Everyone.
You Evil Centrist and your Reality going around ruining EVERYTHING!

I will say this much, I've listened to Biden, his press Sec., and people dealing with this issue in his admin for the last couple of weeks since the hypocrites on the right have been going at him hard... There does seem to be a plan to make it better and to do away with these remnants from Obama's and Trump's admins. Also, I wasn't aware of these conditions under Obama, but they did exist and he did nothing to improve them. Under Trump, who wanted to be intentionally cruel to make his point, things went from bad to horrendous. Under Biden, it appears the intentional cruelty is ending but there is no reason to treat human beings like this. We have the money and ability to Build out detention camps in a few weeks time. They could do that to handle the immediate overflow and crowding issues while working on more permanent and more humane solutions.

So even though I'm disgusted that this is still going on, it looks to be slightly improved but far from acceptable IMHO. So in 90-120 days I expect a much better situation OR Biden goes on the same list of monster that Trump is on. Obama should be on there too.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 12:31 PM
Not having them in anything is the improvement.

So the question is do we allow them in or do we not?

That is the bottom line.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 12:37 PM
That's fair. To your point (I think), I don't think we should be happy/accepting of our current handling of the illegal alien situation. The situation is concerning, and so voicing concerns makes sense. Obviously, we'll disagree on the how's... but we can all at least agree that this whole issue requires some serious fixing. For me, I won't be happy until the legal immigration process is fixed. Folks that want to immigrate should do so legally, and our process should accommodate that. Once that happens, we should shore up our border against illegal immigration.

Re: your post... you have said in the past that you abhor the conditions in the photos, but then you state that detention camps can be set up in a matter of weeks. I'm not sure a facility set up in a matter of weeks would meet your own criteria of acceptable. It's a process to set up infrastructure, and if our govt has proven anything, it's that it's sloooooooow.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 12:46 PM
That's fair. To your point (I think), I don't think we should be happy/accepting of our current handling of the illegal alien situation. The situation is concerning, and so voicing concerns makes sense. Obviously, we'll disagree on the how's... but we can all at least agree that this whole issue requires some serious fixing. For me, I won't be happy until the legal immigration process is fixed. Folks that want to immigrate should do so legally, and our process should accommodate that. Once that happens, we should shore up our border against illegal immigration.

Re: your post... you have said in the past that you abhor the conditions in the photos, but then you state that detention camps can be set up in a matter of weeks. I'm not sure a facility set up in a matter of weeks would meet your own criteria of acceptable. It's a process to set up infrastructure, and if our govt has proven anything, it's that it's sloooooooow.

I do hate all of it, but the camps would be better than being packed like sardines in a cage. If it has to be incremental improvements, but a real plan that treats them with some basic respect and dignity is actually being worked on, then the temp camps make sense for the short term solution to relieve the overcrowded cages problem.

I'm not pro "unchecked open borders". I just think we need to treat refugees and immigrants with a degree of human decency. I also think we have an obligation to protect the vulnerable in situations where they are fleeing for their lives. We might need a better system to determine the facts in these situations, but we should strive to never return or deport somebody to their certain deaths. And protecting them is much more important in the cases of children.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 01:35 PM
That is the thing, are thy really fleeing for their lives? I don't think so.

At any rate this crisis was created by the current administration, and now we are stuck with a bunch of kids we have to take care of, using valuable resources while the real bad guys have open borders.

If these kids really do have a family sponsor in the country, then it should fall on that family to come and get them or pay to get them to wherever.

maybe you know...who paid for the t-shirts many of these people were wearing saying save me Joe, or something similar? Maybe instead of buying t-shirts they pay for all of this?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 01:54 PM

At any rate this crisis was created by the current administration,

rofl
Posted By: Milk Man Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 02:32 PM
j/c...

Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 02:43 PM
There it is, trump’s wall working like a well oiled machine.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 03:15 PM
You either try to help those children or release them to fend for themselves on the streets of Mexico. Could you imagine any person who would think you take a six year old and a three year old, (That clip and their ages were on CBS evening news last night), and just put them on the streets of Mexico to fend for themselves?

You don't have to imagine it. Some people actually do.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 03:23 PM
Easy when you look at them as subhuman.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 03:36 PM
Easy when you look at them as subhuman.

See, that is the all or nothing mentality I talked about in the infrastructure thread.

Here, if you have a big problem like we have, you are subhuman if you don't agree we don't take them in with open arms.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 03:39 PM
I'm beginning to think it's somehow a part of those Christian values they keep saying they promote and that they have been reading a different Bible than I have. I use The King James Version. It appears I'm not reading the same book they are.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 03:40 PM
I'm beginning to think it's somehow a part of those Christian values they keep saying they promote and that they have been reading a different Bible than I have. I use The King James Version. It appears I'm not reading the same book they are.

Another example of what I am talking about.

Carry on
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 03:40 PM
We're talking about children Peen. Not "those people" Trump kept talking about.

So yes, when it comes to children it's certainly an open arms thing.

I'll refer you to Matthew 25:40-45. I know you don't do links but this one will certainly clear up my beliefs for you.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 03:52 PM
We're talking about children Peen. Not "those people" Trump kept talking about.

So yes, when it comes to children it's certainly an open arms thing.

I'll refer you to Matthew 25:40-45. I know you don't do links but this one will certainly clear up my beliefs for you.

Let me clarify something...I do links, just not so much in this forum. This forum is mostly an extension of the smack shack so there is no reason IMO to open some link as a means of support because no matter the position, links tend to be one sided and written to dismiss the opposite view. One can find a point or counterpoint to nearly anything.

So you can call me subhuman, or a KKK member or whatever. That doesn't solve any problems nor makes me feel bad about myself.

We have to prevent them from entering in the first place, because once they are here, it becomes a problem for us.

Without stopping illegal entry, the problem will remain.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 04:17 PM
I've never called you any of those things. You did see the video of people dropping kids OVER the wall that Trump funded, right? They cross the Rio Grande River all the time and it's not something you can just "stop". So while I understand your feelings about that, it's an impossible task or it would have already been accomplished. I'm not sure how much you actually watch the news but border agents are catching them by the thousands and still can't stop the flow. It's not like they aren't doing everything they can.

So the question then becomes what do you do when these children get here? You are talking about some possible future goal that can in no way be reached at this time. I'm talking about the reality we live in now. So what do you propose we do with the situation as it exists today, now?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 05:03 PM
Peen has become adept at gaslighting. You won't win any discussion. The moment his point is undermined he moves or or flippantly dismisses the discussion.

It's happened again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again in recent months. Much of the time it doesn't even appear like he believes the things he says.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/01/21 11:58 PM
Nobody called you subhuman. I said it's easy to say 'return them' or don't let them in at all when YOU consider them as subhuman. I just classify you as somebody I pay no attention to 99% of the time due to your ethics.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/02/21 12:52 AM
Not having them in anything is the improvement.

So the question is do we allow them in or do we not?

That is the bottom line.

Considered this a few years ago.
I support a resident non citizen status, which provides a path to citizenship, if that path is a minimum 60 years continuous residence, of themselves and family, in the USA,
and they can't go back or the years start back at 1 again.
The basically only right to hold back from them from non citizen status is to vote or hold political office, maybe to form a corporation, maybe even to buy land, but, the only reason for those is to stop the corruption of politics by anyone from all over the world who walks in,
if those wouldn't continue the corruption of politics, then no reason to hold back.
But!

We have to admit the continuous flow of people is an attempt to coruupt and control politics,
if it's really about people and humanitarianism,

then they shouldn't mind in the least 60 years of continuous residency before political citizenship.

I mean, think about it. You either have a Country, (USA), or you don't.
I mean, if there is no difference from the people who spent the last
50 years in Kazakhstan,
50 years in Columbia, or
50 years in Minnesota,

then you don't have a country, do you.

edit: got distractded, forgot to finish my thought.

What do you call them? "resident non-citizens" what else. "legal resident non-citizens" there can be a process,
a legal process, make the law fair, and make everyone follow the law.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/15/21 07:09 PM
Americas voice television,

is saying kids in the process of crossing the border are being raped.

This is a crisis.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/15/21 07:13 PM
And here Trump told us those coming here were the rapists.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/15/21 07:18 PM
And here Trump told us those coming here were the rapists.

Uh, they aren't being raped here. They are being raped on the WAY here.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: President Bidens Kids In Cages - 04/15/21 07:28 PM
I think you missed my point. The rapists aren't coming here. Instead they're raping people on the way here. Come on man. It was a lighthearted jab at one of Trump's many stupid statements.
© DawgTalkers.net