DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life What Do You Want to See? - 08/16/17 10:14 PM
I'll make it obvious: it would be nice to see Brock play well and Kizer also show that he belongs.

Aside from that ...

- Some good plays by our WRs ... I don't care from who, but Coleman and Britt come to mind
- Garrett to disrupt Eli a few different times
- Better run defense with the first unit
- Matt Dayes to get more touches
- Zane Gonzalez show that he can make game kicks/XP
- Feel more comfortable with our backup OL ... if that's possible
- Njoku look dynamic, at least for a play or two
Posted By: clwb419 Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/16/17 10:30 PM
Overall, game 1 was pretty good. I'd like us simply to show more of the same.

Knowing that last game Williams only supposedly had 16 of 46 defensive schemes installed (per the talking heads), it'll be interesting to see the difference with the 25 or whatever he'll have installed by the NY game

Other than that
+ Britt showing up this game
+ More Peppers on D
+ anything from Njoku
+ QBs not regressing (same is acceptable, better is super, just not worse)
+ Schobert with the 1st team
+ Brantley if he's ok to play
+ More of Johnson and Erving on the OL. Rod to see if he's practice squad material or more, and Erving to see if he can fix his mistakes and make the team.

Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/16/17 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Overall, game 1 was pretty good. I'd like us simply to show more of the same.

Yes! And thank God we can even say that - after all, this is the Browns we are talking about!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/16/17 10:40 PM
I'll add Shobert continue to look the part
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/16/17 10:56 PM
Considering how they played us last season...

- Improved Pass Defense
- Improved Pass Rush
- Consistently Stop the Run
- Kizer
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/16/17 11:04 PM
Kizer
Mullaney
Peppers
Schoebert
Coleman (Both)
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/16/17 11:37 PM
I want to see Kizer against some better defensive players

Peppers turned loose on D

No more Tank at MLB

Coleman do something good

Stop the freaking run
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 12:00 AM
I want to see some solid football with grit and urgency and eager battling. Williams has stuff going on his way (many thanks!). Better offense and QB play. Something decent from Kessler. Solid Brock, smoother Kizer.

Fewer flags (Erving is hurt, right?) Find some remarkable WR play.

No flags & no injuries would be fine.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 12:26 AM
An impressed Hue Jackson.
Posted By: BADdog Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 01:04 AM
Eli on his back grin
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 01:09 AM
I want to see if our first unit:

--can stop the run

--create holes for the running game

--have receivers who can run routes and create separation

--limit unforced penalites
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 01:44 AM
peppers 2 interceptions.
garrett 2 sacks
gonzalez 60 yard fg
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 02:11 AM
Erving is a scratch for the game. JT is not playing, so Johnson the youngster will start at LT next to Greco at LG.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 02:13 AM
Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
peppers 2 interceptions.
garrett 2 sacks
gonzalez 60 yard fg

Sounds great, but Gonzo's long in College was 59...LOL
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 04:05 AM
I'd like to see...

...DeValve block someone in space and look like he's more interested in getting them out of the way than himself.

...Njoku pull done a a pass in the end zone "big-boy" style. I.e, put it up and let him go get it.

...Peppers in coverage, maybe some plays on the ball in the air.

...smoother operations from the offenses as a whole. Brock to seem more on the same page with everyone, and Kizer just more efficient in and out of the huddle.

...Ogbah get some pressure. He had a pretty quiet week one.

...fewer "gadget" plays that rely heavily on timing with our somewhat patchwork line atm.

...another W. (It's nice to be able to put those words together already)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 09:33 AM
just watching the replay again ... it would be nice to see Osweiller a little more accurate. He just seems so inconsistent with his ball placement, especially when pushing it down the field
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 11:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
just watching the replay again ... it would be nice to see Osweiller a little more accurate. He just seems so inconsistent with his ball placement, especially when pushing it down the field

With football being a game of inches.. I completely agree. An almost good pass is not good enough. We need consistency.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 12:32 PM
J/c,

I know there is this common belief that everything that happens on offense is due to the QB, but I think there is a good chance that the receivers play into it. Inconsistent routes, being used to waiting on balls from Kessler, timing takes both parties to work. A receiver slows down a half step, and there are your couple of inches. I wanna see how they look this week.
Posted By: Swish Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 01:03 PM
I want to see Kizer play so well that Hue names him the week one starter, so we can see him in game 3 with the 1's.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 01:20 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
J/c,

I know there is this common belief that everything that happens on offense is due to the QB, but I think there is a good chance that the receivers play into it. Inconsistent routes, being used to waiting on balls from Kessler, timing takes both parties to work. A receiver slows down a half step, and there are your couple of inches. I wanna see how they look this week.

I agree. And I think it's going to be hard to adequately evaluate our qbs due to the weaknesses of our receivers, especially in regards to route running, making hot reads, and sight adjustments.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Erving is a scratch for the game. JT is not playing, so Johnson the youngster will start at LT next to Greco at LG.

Thx
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 03:24 PM
A few more Kizer bombs.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 04:14 PM
Love to see some defensive takeaways against ones. Forgot to hang that earlier.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 05:03 PM
- 1st team defense that can stop the run
- Pressure on the Giants QB by the 1st and 2nd team
- Dick Mullaney continue to prove he can be this year's Josh Lenz
Posted By: CalDawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 06:17 PM
Besides the obvious...

I want to see more of Coley & Boddy-Calhoun earlier in the game. Nate Orchard too. I want to see run stuffing from the get-go, not after we've been gashed for 50 in the 1st Q. And I don't want to see any penalties on us at all. Not one, Zilch, Zero, Nada. I want to see Ricardo Louis have a monster game. And I want to see decent punts (if we must punt).
Posted By: nordawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 09:43 PM
i'm no guru. i just want to see more football
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 10:29 PM
I want to see It's Time to End Pre-season football as we know it! I want to see just ONE, preseason game, an extra bye week, and two more regular season games.

That said, Preseason week #2, game 2 of 4 is about as meaningless of the meaningless season as you can get!

I want to see a heavy dose of the running game from the offense, early, middle, often, and late!
I want to see 7 different people carry the ball.

Even if it's the number 3 tight end, running up the middle.

I want to see this game end and the regular season start. End the Nonsense that is 4 preseason games.

The only thing this exhibits is some of the worst of the NFL.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/17/17 11:07 PM
Mostly I want to see overall improvement.

I want a reason to go to the bar and watch them during regular season.

I went to the bar so many years to watch them, even though they sucked.

Last year I simply couldnt take it anymore, They were unwatchable.

So please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, play better and be competitive!
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 03:00 AM
Quote:

That said, Preseason week #2, game 2 of 4 is about as meaningless of the meaningless season as you can get!

You've obviously never seen the 4th preseason game..
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 05:39 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I want to see a heavy dose of the running game from the offense, early, middle, often, and late!
The thing is, we know who the runners are going to be. Running in pre-season increases the wear-n-tear on those guys without really clarifying the bigger questions.

What needs to be sorted out is the passing game, which receivers are going to step forward, which QB can run the offense best. In my view, we need to see passing more than rushing.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 10:41 AM
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Quote:

You've obviously never seen the 4th preseason game..

And they still charge you regular season prices for tickets .. tsktsk
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 12:53 PM
Want to see many snaps for Kizer, some against/with the first teamers

Defense to be abusive

Offensive line to still be stable, even with all the loses (Joel and Thomas)
Posted By: CalDawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 01:41 PM
Quote:

Not for this team. There's a lot of evaluation going on.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 01:43 PM
Quote:
What Do You Want to See

My feet while I am standing up.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 01:47 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:
What Do You Want to See

My feet while I am standing up.
I sometimes tell the joke; I miss my best friend, we used to have great fun together. But I haven't seen him in years, and I miss him. smile
Posted By: nordawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/18/17 02:32 PM
just want to see more football
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/19/17 07:27 PM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

The thing is, we know who the runners are going to be. Running in pre-season increases the wear-n-tear on those guys without really clarifying the bigger questions.

What needs to be sorted out is the passing game, which receivers are going to step forward, which QB can run the offense best. In my view, we need to see passing more than rushing.

In my mind, it's almost exactly the opposite: I think we already know what the passers and catchers can do
Good or Bad, mostly bad,
I think the Receivers and Qb's, (Ok I'll give you Njoku, hasn't even apparently been playing much, but beyond that)
I think the Receivers and Qb's are pretty much understood, the only reason for reps is to improve their timing and precision.

But the running game? I don't think anybody has shown ability to break a long run,
I don't think anybody has shown the ability to be a real pass protection asset,
I don't think anybody has shown and ability to be a consistent thorn in a defense that wears that defense down.

It's not that I just want to see One Rb step up, I just don't want week 2 or 3 vs the Ravens:

The Game is on the Line, and somehow they put the ball in Danny Vitale's hands, or the ball end's up in Randall Tefer's hands up the middle out of the tailback spot, and he hasn't touched it since 2016!

If the Browns only have 1 running play, up the middle, and their offense is going to be as bad as every other year, then they might as well give some reps to every single person they can find, because it's the only way they are going to move the ball in the regular season.

I expect to see bad results from intercept-a-Kizer;
Cant keep it in-bounds-Osweiler, and Dump Off for a 1-yard-gain-Kessler.

So; Student body sweep left, sweep right, and fullback up the middle. nanner Might be all that'll work, might as well start practicing now.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/19/17 07:43 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

Not for this team. There's a lot of evaluation going on.

They evaluate during the regular season too. They had an in squad scrimmage and ONE pre-season game already.

This could be Opening day! And with Two bye weeks, the Browns might have a chance at ONE more win on the season!

( ya know, 24 years ago, there might have been a point)
Look at how much evaluation goes on, It goes on 365 days a year, they don't need pre-season, want to know about evaluation, ask Gary Barnidge! How much did he get. banghead
Posted By: lampdogg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 12:36 AM
Is Gary playing anywhere?
No? Ok then.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 01:21 AM
I want to see our players continue to progress and a win. I know it's just preseason but we've been so devoid of wins it's nice to see one even in preseason.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 01:49 AM
I want to see our coaching staff have the offensive line ready to handle the Blitz.

A couple of years ago, NY told us they were gonna keep things basic for the game and then humiliated us with a ton of Blitzes. They got their prime time show at our expense.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 12:36 PM
What don't I want to see? Elk and Elk commercials.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 01:11 PM
Still don't know what we have in Kizer,, but would like to see if we could play him with the ones against the ones.. Just to see what happens.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 03:07 PM
for the love of god yes
Posted By: CalDawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 03:36 PM
Supposedly Goodell is in favor of cutting the preseason to two games. But until then, given our situation, I'm glad we have three more "games" to evaluate and prepare.

I like what I've seen so far, for the most part, from the team as a whole (with a few exceptions likely to be weeded out) but they're not ready to start the season, IMHO.

We need to see chemistry develop between Brock and the WRs, and Kizer must continue to grow. Brock's barely had any time with the ones. We'll see how he does this week with a long week of practice and a depleted o-line against a good D. Same for Kizer against their "2s". If they're productive tonite and show improvement over the next two weeks, we might head into the season with a real ability to compete. If they crumble against the Giant's D, we'll know they're not ready.

It would also be good to see the first team D not get gashed for 50 rushing yards in the first quarter. We should see constant pressure on Manning considering their working out issues at tackle. We need to see good coverage downfield, and a running game, not just hear about the one we're supposedly going to have. Njoku needs time to become the threat he was drafted to be. The right tackle spot needs solidified. We need a third receiver to step up, whether it's Louis, Higgins, Hall, Leslie, Boyce, Payton or Mullaney, someone needs to flash brilliantly, reliably. Peppers needs time at FS. This team needs practice and game situations to get ready. Most of them are brand new to most of this. I'm excited for the season to start but I'm glad they have more time to get ready.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 03:40 PM

Lmfao, but oh so true...
Posted By: dawg531 Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 08:29 PM
Not Trump at 9 PM
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 08:34 PM
Originally Posted By: dawg531
Not Trump at 9 PM

or a half hour infomercial of Zeke getting suspended, like the NFL network did right while Kizer was playing to win it.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 08:49 PM
Trump at 9 PM.
Posted By: edromeo Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 08:49 PM
Want to see the line-up, lol, they usually put out a game day line-up by now....

I want to see:

o I want to see Brockwieler and the first team offense look crisp then I want to see Brock get off the field with enough time for Kizer to get 1st team reps

o the level of play and rotation of the defensive interior without Shelton

o the level of play and rotation of the Safeties, especially Peppers
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 11:21 PM
Should be interesting to compare the two rookie TEs tonight.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: What Do You Want to See? - 08/21/17 11:27 PM
This game will be on espn. YES!
© DawgTalkers.net