DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 09/15/17 12:26 AM
Cincy vs Houston .... feels like I'm rooting against both teams haha ... but want Houston to lose more
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:43 AM
big play by Houston there
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:45 AM
Dang..........Clowney is a freak of nature.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Dang..........Clowney is a freak of nature.
him running was crazy right there
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:48 AM
Yeah, did you see how he was holding the ball and then pushed that last dude off like he was freaking flea. LOL...Hilarious.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:48 AM
Yeah, did you see how he was holding the ball and then pushed that last dude off like he was freaking flea. LOL...Hilarious.
lol he was holding it like i'd hold a mini football. Crazy to see
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:49 AM
So is tonight's game nothing more than trash OL vs trash OL?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:50 AM
Is this game on any channel besides NFLN?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:52 AM
what a catch by aj
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
So is tonight's game nothing more than trash OL vs trash OL?

No, but you are right that both OLs suck.

And both DL's are pretty damn good.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:02 AM
Thats 2. The Bengals are going to get a pick 6 soon if Watson is not careful.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Thats 2. The Bengals are going to get a pick 6 soon if Watson is not careful.
yeah, the game seems fast for him thus far. it's normal to be surprised by the speed on D
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:04 AM
This is kind of a joke, so don't freak out........but, how long before Houston fans start complaining about the team trading Brock?

Maybe it really wasn't all Brock's doing?

Just sayin'.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:23 AM
Watson isn't looking very good.

Houston's OL has been trash for awhile now.

I was kinda joking in the previous post, but I wonder how long it will be before Houston fans start complaining about giving up Brock AND A SECOND ROUND PICK for basically nothing?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:30 AM
Speaking of beasts............Geno Atkins................WOW!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:31 AM
my goodness watson
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:31 AM
Watson for the TD!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:31 AM
looks like Cincy will have a LONG year
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:37 AM
Watson is not an NFL QB. He's got legs but he looks completely lost after he's made his first read and it isn't open.

Dalton, until this current drive, has looked like he's Schaub-ing his career.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:37 AM
My boy Watson had an incredible run there...man Bengals D looks slow like a college level on that play.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:40 AM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Watson is not an NFL QB. He's got legs but he looks completely lost after he's made his first read and it isn't open.

Dalton, until this current drive, has looked like he's Schaub-ing his career.

I think Watson will do alright provide they give him Oline and once Will Fuller and Ellington come back to shore up the WR core ...and I think they are on their 4th string TE already...he'll have issues nonetheless though

Dalton for some reason looks awful so far this year...I don't know but his accuracy and rhythm are out of sync
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:43 AM
How?

He's playing with a bad OL made even worse because his starting LT is holding out.

He's playing with a practice squad TE, because the first THREE TEs are all out with concussions.

And oh, he's a rookie.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:54 AM
Theres those legs i said could make him succesful with this team this year ...

Problem is he should have thrown 2 or 3 picks and has missed some open recievers ...

Good lord are these OL's bad ...

Were better than Cinci .... thumbsup
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 02:13 AM
Houston's run game looks better this week than last. Miller is a good RB
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 02:17 AM
Glad to hear the announcers address Watson's character and also mention the great humanitarian Warrick Dunn.

Living in SC, I heard some Watson stories............and the dude is nothing but class! Great kid. I question some of his qb abilities, but I would never question his character and I hope his star shines!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 02:32 AM
How?

He's playing with a bad OL made even worse because his starting LT is holding out.

He's playing with a practice squad TE, because the first THREE TEs are all out with concussions.

And oh, he's a rookie.

He's certainly up against it. If I were management I'd run Savage out there and let him take the beating until some of the skilled players come back. As it is Watson is doomed to fail. Or get injured.
Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I'll eat my words if he does. I just don't see him being a top QB at this level.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 02:43 AM
I don't see why we con not beat the bengals twice this year.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 02:44 AM
Watson's arm looks plenty strong to me.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:04 AM
Watson has looked more and more comfortable as the game went on. Those yards he got for the FG was huge.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:08 AM
Bengals play the Packers next week. they just might go 0-3 to start the year. not bad imo
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:09 AM
cmon houston!!!!!
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:10 AM
Yaaassss!!!!!
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:10 AM
So, two straight games with zero TDs from the bengals offense.

Yikes.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:12 AM
Damn. Hopefully that's Houston's last win this year.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:15 AM
I will say it again brother, I don't see any reason we don't beat the bengals twice this year.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:16 AM
CMON HOUSTON...ONE MORE STOP
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:17 AM
JJ WWAAAATT
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:17 AM
HAHAH WTH????
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Houston's run game looks better this week than last. Miller is a good RB

I said it numerous times heading in the 2012 draft that Lamar Miller was the back to have in the that class...over TRich, Doug Martin, David Wilson etc...he's a superb back, easy top 10 in the NFL and all behind a horrible Oline.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:24 AM
Bengals are averaging 4.5 points a game...and that offense was supposed to be potent WR (AJ Green, Lafall, Boyd, Ross) that's a stacked WR core... (Hill, Mixon, Bernard) that's a stacked RB core...they should have probably opted out of Ross and Mixon and grabbed some Oline because they are desperate there
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:26 AM
I like Watson as a person, but man he looked overwhelmed out there. Not being put in a great position to succeed or develop. Really struggled with his reads. Bengals showing that double A gap blitz pre-snap really seemed to fluster him. Great runner and athlete though. Needs to work on his progressions. Slightly improved as the game went on.

Hopkins' hitch route helped him out for sure. Man,that guy can ball.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:29 AM
Forgot to add that I'm really going to love going to work tomorrow with all the Bengals fans there. For all the (deserved) grief I got last year...
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 03:35 AM
Much love for JJ Watt. He is doing a great thing for his community.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 04:05 AM
I didn't watch much of the game, but what happened to the Bengals? They were the best team in the division like two years ago. Yikes.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 04:22 AM
Their line is Swiss cheese.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 04:26 AM
Their line is Swiss cheese.

I know. It's just crazy. They were set up for success with good young core. Now, after two weeks, they look like they need to start over.

How could they just let their offensive line fall apart? Everyone knows that Dalton is terrible when pressured.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fa...-under-pressure

http://grantland.com/features/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-pressure/

Great for us though.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 04:38 AM
their o-line is young, young, young.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 04:47 AM
j/c..

For the most part, the games the NFL trots out for these Thursday Night games are awful (save for the first week when everyone is well rested).
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 08:04 AM
cincy did us no favors last night. man, their offense is bad
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 10:40 AM
Sad to think this could be the last year of Marvin Lewis.

Cincy didn't even look like they cared on that final drive.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 11:05 AM
Agreed! Astounding amount of money raised. Very classy player who gave the Bungles absolute fits last night. Just one more reason to love the guy's game.
Posted By: Knight Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 11:27 AM
I'm so glad we didn't draft Watson, he can't seem to push the ball downfield at all. He only averaged 3.6 yards per passs last night, wow! Several of them should have been picked off and how do you scramble 50 yards for a TD when the Bengals have 7 dropped back deep? They were jogging trying to catch him, looked like they could care less if they won. Bengals look like the Titanic slowly sinking and I think it will end Lewis and Dalton this year, Texans have no QB again rough season ahead for both teams.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 11:38 AM
He got a lot of praise and attention for his long TD run and their victory, but I didn't think he looked that good. His arm is a question to me.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 11:43 AM
j/c:

Cincy looked bad. Dalton looked like garbage. These things please me. I mentioned in another thread - while I realize that we have Houston's first two picks, I was rooting for Cincy to lose. I do not understand rooting for a divisional rival, unless them winning would put us in the playoffs.

I realize that it is not permissible to criticize Watson as a QB on this board, and I do apologize to all of his fanbois on here, but I was not impressed in the slightest. And yes, I know he was in his first start and lacked support around him.

He looked inaccurate and I am shocked he had no picks. Could have easily had a couple. And still has a tendency to throw it up for grabs. My biggest concerns with him.

It is too early to judge him. But right now, I am glad we passed on him and I would not trade Kizer straight up for him.

I hope Watson goes on to not prove me wrong. I think he will help my team more this year by wearing a Texans jersey than a Browns jersey.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 11:48 AM
He got a lot of praise and attention for his long TD run and their victory, but I didn't think he looked that good. His arm is a question to me.

I actually thought his arm looked fine. I think he's capable of making all the throws.

Where I really think he struggled was with both pre-snap and post-snap reads. The double-A gap blitz pre-snap showing put him off his game, and his multiple near-picks showed either he did not properly read the coverage, or he just doesn't understand the NFL windows yet.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:15 PM
Bengals Suck...I mean their D is sort of OK but they give up a 49 yard scamper by the QB...how they didn't have a spy on him by then. smh

Their O sickly...I don't do fantasy but I would get their kicker...lol Dalton running for his life most of the time.So many teams going for that #1 pick add the Bengals to the list!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:24 PM
I think Watson is going to have a worst statistical season than Kizer, Kizer's throwing motion looks more natural and fluid to me, something about Watson release that looks off to me, like it stops short or something
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
stops short

Stop short? That's my move!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:36 PM
His arm is a question to me.

I only caught the second half, but I thought his arm looked good to me. He was throwing those comeback routes outside the hash marks to Hopkins on a rope. I thought it looked alive.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I realize that it is not permissible to criticize Watson as a QB on this board

Where did this come from?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:13 PM
Man, that Hopkins Hitch route is just deadly...
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 01:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

I realize that it is not permissible to criticize Watson as a QB on this board

Where did this come from?

I was just being snarky. Leading up to the draft Watson had his supporters (which is fine) but some would get on some of us who had no interest in him, saying we were just ragging on him with no reason, despite us providing reasons. It was just not possible to find anything wrong with him.

Just being cranky - not a lot of sleep lately.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 05:51 PM
I think its pretty noticeable that Watson runs at the sign of pressure and Kizer maneuvers the pocket and keeps his eyes down field.

Watson may turn out well but he is going to struggle for a while, IMO.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
I think its pretty noticeable that Watson runs at the sign of pressure and Kizer maneuvers the pocket and keeps his eyes down field.

Watson may turn out well but he is going to struggle for a while, IMO.

That I thought was obvious with His College tape and why I agreed with not taking him at pick 12.

I am happy the way things fell for us in the Draft getting Kizer at pick 52. IMO Watson should have been a second round pick. He could prove me wrong. Only time will tell.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
good way to put it IMO
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 06:11 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Bengals are expected to fire OC Ken Zampese, sources say. After two games without a touchdown, Zampese is out.
Posted By: DIEHARD Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101
Bengals play the Packers next week. they just might go 0-3 to start the year. not bad imo

Let's hope they start 0-4 smile
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

Let's hope they start 0-4 smile

Exactly. I don't care what they do next week as long as they lose in week 4.

Teams who were struggling have always looked at that Browns week as a chance to get back on track.. let's hope that trend is ending.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 07:54 PM

Bengals fire offensive coordinator Ken Zampese

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...tor-ken-zampese
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/15/17 07:56 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Bengals are expected to fire OC Ken Zampese, sources say. After two games without a touchdown, Zampese is out.

Their old offensive coordinator was much better:

Quote:
More on #Bengals O with Hue Jackson vs. Ken Zampese, per @NFLResearch. One caveat: Hue was working with more talent

Posted By: Vambo Re: Other Games - 09/16/17 12:04 AM
Bill Lazor: How the New Bengals Offensive Coordinator Might Save Andy Dalton From Himself

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/15/cincin...red-andy-dalton

When a team scores nine points and zero touchdowns in the season’s first eight quarters (all at home, no less), frustrations will boil over and heads are liable to roll. Usually it’s the quarterback’s. But in Cincinnati it was the offensive coordinator’s, Ken Zampese, who had been the QB coach since 2003 before taking over as OC in 2016.

Former Dolphins OC, Bill Lazor, is now The Guy. Like Zampese, Lazor had been coaching Cincy’s quarterbacks, and he knows what it’s like to get fired midseason. The Dolphins, amidst a tumultuous 2015 campaign, canned him that November after his 27th game calling plays.

Friday’s move was more about replacing Zampese than promoting Lazor. Few organizations value coaching staff continuity as much as the Bengals do. Marvin Lewis—who, it must be noted, is in a contract year—almost always promotes from within. Lazor didn’t join the team until last season. Unlike Zampese, he isn’t deeply rooted in the intricate, run-pass balanced system of predecessors Jay Gruden and Hue Jackson.

When Lazor was hired in Miami, coaches across the NFL wondered aloud what kind of system he would run. At league gatherings, Lazor, a soft-spoken but affable guy, stayed buttoned up. He’d been on a variety of staffs, including Chip Kelly’s in Philadelphia, as the quarterbacks coach.

Many suspected Lazor would feature a lot of Kelly’s horizontal spread concepts. He did, most notably in the ground game and with all of Miami’s pre-snap shifting and motioning. The pre-snap movement gave an offense the illusion of complexity. But the reason Kelly’s men could always do it and also play fast was that, once the ball was snapped, the scheme was quite simple.

This is what Lazor will aim for in Cincinnati. It’s unrealistic to become a Chip Kelly-styled offense midstream, and it’s unlikely that Marvin Lewis would want to play that fast. (The Bengals almost always register between 55 and 65 snaps a game.) But pre-snap motion is already a meaningful part of Cincinnati’s offense. Lazor should expand this in an effort to simplify other departments. The Bengals will have fewer plays in their game plan, but they’ll run those plays from a variety of different formations: More for the defense to digest, less for the offense to master.

Zampese, the son of longtime NFL play-caller Ernie, has long been a respected quarterback tutor. But he’s also known for being intensely analytical. There was some sense that, schematically, he tried to do too much. That’s not ideal for Andy Dalton, another known analyzer, who has a reputation for explaining every detail of every play—even the ones where athletic instincts should just take over. By keeping a litany of formations, but also scaling back the game plans, Lazor can halt some of the ever-grinding gears in Dalton’s head. At least, that’s what Lewis and the Bengals hope.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 09/16/17 01:39 AM
Watson was fine...he's playing with a subpar oline with his best olman sitting on his couch waiting for w new contact... He had no tight ends... And only three Wrs... On a short week....for his first start,,,

I agree I like Kizer better for the long term... I think Kizer has more upside... But Watson will be fine...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 03:06 AM
Quote:
Andy Dalton, by coordinator

https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/908771358762426369
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 03:28 AM
Hue had dalton absolutely balling.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 03:55 AM
In fairness to Zampese, the Bengals OL went to crap this year. They also don't have a lot at WR, with Green being Green, and LaFell being across him, but then injuries and young the rest of the way.

I think that there is a lot more that has gone into their offensive fall-off than just play calling.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 08:05 AM
Yeah, and Eifert isn't himself (maybe never will be again) and Ross doesn't strike me as a good WR yet, just fast.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 11:39 AM
The Bengals OL really struggled last year and they got worse during the past offseason. They're a mess right now.
Posted By: Jester Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 03:33 PM
Andy Dalton named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester
Andy Dalton named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
rofl
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 03:37 PM
Bradford out vs Pittsburgh ... of course
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 04:11 PM
Bradford out vs Pittsburgh ... of course

Of course.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 04:27 PM
I'm looking forward to GB at Atlanta tonight.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 04:30 PM
I'm looking forward to GB at Atlanta tonight.
yeah, should be high scoring and exciting
Posted By: Squires Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 06:51 PM
Saints intercept Brady twice, both called back by penalties.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 09:00 PM
Brady is done! He only threw for 447 yards today.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 09:04 PM
the Skins look very good today (of course the Rams do not)
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 09:11 PM
Philly took a loss. That's going to be good thing every time it can get said.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 09:13 PM
The bar was empty today, because Falcons not playing until later.

So I didnt get to sit next to any interesting characters.

Bummer.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 09:27 PM
LOL...............I love listening to Chris Spielman. He just completely dogged some dude for ducking his head on an attempted tackle.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 09:42 PM
LOL...............I love listening to Chris Spielman. He just completely dogged some dude for ducking his head on an attempted tackle.

He sounded pissed. Like Fullers tackle attempt literally upset him.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 10:40 PM
Parkey with 54 yarder.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 10:42 PM
Is there a more underrated QB than Rivers?

Man, that guy is good.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 10:48 PM
Man, Siciliano has some ears.

I am so jealous of his job.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 10:50 PM
well, SD kicker might be cut now
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 11:15 PM
if trevor seimian(sp) keeps playing like this, he's gonna get paid.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/17 11:51 PM
yeah, and the Denver D has been incredible
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:08 AM
Man, watching other games around the league most teams field a professional offense and defense.

It makes me bummed about where we are. We are not close to a professional offense.

So discouraging.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:23 AM
I think that every sunday night Rish ... we play a different sport.

Watch Denver, Dallas, NE, Pitt, etc ... they're PROFESSIONAL. We're sloppy, undisciplined, untalented.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:32 AM
Watching falcons first drive depresses me. Shows how far we really have to go
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:33 AM
go falcons....gabriel and mack on team
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:38 AM
other teams make it look SO easy (yes, a QB basically) ... getting a 1st down for us is such a relief
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:45 AM
we dont scheme well. we need to get the ball to colemen with a mismatch...ie one on one. we throw the ball 80% of the time with rookie qbs. the crow gets 10 carries a game with a rookie qb.

hue conceded he should of run the ball more last year...we still dont run the ball
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:56 AM
Originally Posted By: lionchamp29
we dont scheme well. we need to get the ball to colemen with a mismatch...ie one on one. we throw the ball 80% of the time with rookie qbs. the crow gets 10 carries a game with a rookie qb.

hue conceded he should of run the ball more last year...we still dont run the ball
i will say that baltimore had a GREAT, SIMPLE game plan ... use our aggression against us. PA/Boots/TE or RB misdirection stuff. We were totally off balance. Yes, we adjusted, but it was too late. They knew we'd key on the run and bring pressure and they baited us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 12:57 AM
along those same lines, Hue gets too pass happy and cute. SO many shifts, formations, signals, etc ... I can see how a rookie or young players can make presnap penalties. Plus, we don't have the talent yet to do that stuff. It's like asking and undergrad to do post-grad work
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:16 AM
I think atlantas stadium might be the best looking in league
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:19 AM
and props to them about the cheap concession prices
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:25 AM
JC...

Read online that TP already has three drops for the Redskins. Man Crabtree had a nice game against the Jets today. Props to the 49ers for keeping the game against Seattle so close.
Posted By: Squires Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:30 AM

Yep. One of the photographers I follow is shooting the game tonight, he posted this shot earlier

Falcons stadium
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:33 AM
Yeah it's an impressive building, plus they don't charge arm/leg for stuff
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:35 AM
It will be even cooler when the retractable roof works.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:51 AM
Atlanta looks pretty legit
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 01:53 AM
Atlanta looks pretty legit
certainly tonight ... flying around with a great o
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 02:11 AM
Aaron Rodgers is a trainwreck
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 02:48 AM
along those same lines, Hue gets too pass happy and cute. SO many shifts, formations, signals, etc ... I can see how a rookie or young players can make presnap penalties. Plus, we don't have the talent yet to do that stuff. It's like asking and undergrad to do post-grad work

I was thinking the same thing. How about stop with all the cute shifts and weird formations and let the rookie get comfortable and in rhythm, and stick to a running game. Our running game is pretty much crap out of the shotgun. Practice getting out of the huddle faster.

I would live to see a true OC come in but for some reason, I think Hue's ego would not allow it.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 03:07 AM
There is so much bad QB in the league. Hoyer, Bortles, Palmer, Dalton, Glennon, and McCown are all really bad. And those guys are all veterans. It's really hard to watch some of these games.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/18/17 08:00 AM
yeah, i'd say 10 of the games were nearly unwatchable
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/19/17 01:39 AM
Completely surprised at how terrible the giants look so far this season.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/17 03:51 AM

Their offensive line is bad (along with 3/4 of the league) and Eli has not looked good.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/19/17 04:17 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Their offensive line is bad (along with 3/4 of the league) and Eli has not looked good.

No doubt. Ereck Flowers is atrocious.

The Giants are about a 5 win team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/19/17 07:58 AM
yeah, the NFCE has underwhelmed thus far. SO many teams have bad OL. QBs can barely even get a snap off
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/19/17 10:25 AM
Quote:

Their offensive line is bad (along with 3/4 of the league)

The other day, I was thinking about how many teams have really bad offensive lines. There are a a lot of them. And yes, the Giants are in that group. Pathetic.

I also think HC is going to have a hard time keeping his job.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/17 04:30 PM
I also think HC is going to have a hard time keeping his job.

They might just clean house at the end of the year. Anyone with ties to Coughlin.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/19/17 05:53 PM
Yep, they have spent a lot of money on free agents.

Their D is good, but their OL is beyond atrocious.
© DawgTalkers.net