DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: THROW LONG Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 05:36 PM
Advertisement says V8 has potassium, same amount as a Bananna but you don't have to peel.

So.

I'll Choose on price, ease of use, ability to recycle or trash, and overall satisfaction.
I wonder which one people think is better, I think the choice is obvious.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 06:06 PM
V8 is straight nasty. Couldn’t pay me to drink it.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 06:11 PM
It's a warriors drink, like prune juice to a klingon.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 06:52 PM
I do use spicy V-8 rather than tomato juice in my base for both vegetable beef soup and chili. I don't usually tell people though and most seem to love both.

But straight up I'd go for the banana on a strictly potassium standpoint. From a perspective of overall nutrients though V-8 would win hands down. I prefer spicy V-8 though.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 09:02 PM
Banana. Not close.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 10:17 PM
I am guessing V8 has a lot more salt than a banana. Salt bad. Banana good.
Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 10:32 PM
V8 is better for Bloody Mary's than a banana. You can't drink a banana.

V8 is also a much better car engine than a banana. That seems obvious.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/19/19 11:48 PM
It was 2-2 when I voted, I broke the tie.

Now it's a runaway.
Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/20/19 12:58 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Now it's a runaway.

V8 has not conceded yet, nor will it. V8 will fight on until there are no bananas.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/20/19 01:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

Now it's a runaway.

V8 has not conceded yet, nor will it. V8 will fight on until there are no bananas.

The bloody mary district results are starting to come in and V8 is gaining ground.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/20/19 01:34 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/20/19 03:38 AM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
V8 is straight nasty. Couldn’t pay me to drink it.

That's why I vote banana... hadnone this morning...tried v8 once... won't have it Again
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/20/19 12:06 PM
The problem with V8 is it's just too good.

I can turn up a can or bottle and can't put it down until it's empty.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/21/19 02:57 AM
I could've voted V8.
Posted By: BpG Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/23/19 07:06 PM
Went with Banana for the sake of this argument but i'll take a bloody mary.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/23/19 07:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
The problem with V8 is it's just too good.

I can turn up a can or bottle and can't put it down until it's empty.

I could do the same, except that I would be pouring it out, either on the ground outside, or down the drain inside.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/23/19 09:04 PM
No problem, not everyone can have exceptional taste buds, like mine.

I just buy V8 by the case at Costco and put it in my garage fridge. Always ice cold and ready to be enjoyed. I just wish Costco had the spicy variety too.
Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/23/19 11:15 PM
V8 is delicious. Its nutricious. Its very refreshing.

How can you not like V8, Jerry?!?

Posted By: Tulsa Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 04/23/19 11:21 PM
That’s hilarious. thumbsup
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/03/19 08:03 PM
V8 taste and looks like someone threw up in a container after the lining of their stomach disintegrated from bacteria. just saying
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/04/19 01:20 AM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
V8 taste and looks like someone threw up in a container after the lining of their stomach disintegrated from bacteria. just saying

I find it odd that you have tasted someone's throw up in a container after the lining of their stomach disintegrated from bacteria. sick
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/04/19 09:05 AM
V8 all day. I do go for the reduced sodium variety. Not a big fan of banana's.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/08/19 12:18 AM
I voted for a banana with two n's. I like juice too. Good for meat loaf and chili.

But I put the banana peels on my roses and compost them Works better than V-8 cans easily. That qualifies as ultimate recycling.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/14/19 12:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I find it odd that you have tasted someone's throw up in a container after the lining of their stomach disintegrated from bacteria. sick
Apparently you have never eaten my wifes cooking.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/14/19 03:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
It's a warriors drink, like prune juice to a klingon.

"K'Plaack!"
[raises glass]
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/14/19 07:07 PM
Neither of these items should be thrown away...
Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/14/19 10:07 PM
Also to be considered is the fact that most guys will not eat a banana in public. It simply isn't done, unless you enjoy being hooted on and jeered by any other guy in the vicinity. The only way I would eat a banana in public would be on a plate with a knife and fork, like George Costanza ate his Snickers bar. At least with a V8, you can chug it down, crush the can, spike it into the garbage can, and burp.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 12:17 AM
I find it, that to suggest it is some kind of chore to have to peel the banana, (can't be spelled that way), is just nonsense.

Also, I think they package V8 in small amounts, 9,5 oz containers, because if you drink more than a half a swallow at one time, you start to taste it, ( rofl), and nobody wants that,

plus, if you don't finish it quickly, maybe 2 or 3 times back at the can, you'll start to realize what the heck you are doing and throw it out quickly.

Actually, V8 tastes "ok", I'm always looking for the expected aftertaste which doesn't show up, but I've never finished one and said, "boy I wish that can was bigger",
Even at 9.5 ounces, I've always felt like I accomplished something, if I forced myself to drink the whole can.

The only thing I think is better is you can recycle the can, but a banana peel is biodegradeable, so there's that,

I only started the poll, because I couldn't imagine the argument that it's some kind of a chore to have to "peel" a banana.
Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 12:35 AM
Its not that its a "chore" to peel it, its just that the act of holding a weenis-shaped food upright in front of me, and eating it from the top down is an optic that I don't want associated with my face.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 01:13 AM
LOL
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 03:10 AM
Also to be considered is the fact that most guys will not eat a banana in public. It simply isn't done, unless you enjoy being hooted on and jeered by any other guy in the vicinity. The only way I would eat a banana in public would be on a plate with a knife and fork, like George Costanza ate his Snickers bar. At least with a V8, you can chug it down, crush the can, spike it into the garbage can, and burp.

Is this real? Where do you live? Sodom?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 04:26 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Gotta agree. Does the poster not eat hot dogs in public either?
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 05:50 AM
Hot dogs, like bananas are too gay to eat in public. However I am a sucker for a corn dog

Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 11:54 AM
Quote:

No, Cleveland, where guys still rag on guys eating bananas, and laugh about farts and other stuff. In other words; relax, it was a joke.
Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 12:08 PM
Quote:
Does the poster not eat hot dogs in public either?

The poster does eat hot dogs in public, however the poster does not eat hot dogs without a bun while holding it in a vertical position.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 11:09 PM
I have always wondered why there arent hotdogs or brats at sports bars.

Because thats what I prefer to eat when I go to a game.

HMMMMMM Too much man shaming to eat that? So they dont put it on the menu?
Posted By: Dave Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/15/19 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Or maybe they would rather sell you a $12 bistro burger, or a half-dozen over-priced designer wings instead of a $4.00 dog.

I wish I could still find crispy/greasy crinkle cut fries, but all I seem to see anymore is annoying "natural" (skin-on) fries or curly fries with all kinds of seasoning on them.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 01:17 AM

I worked during the summers of my high school and college years. I took a lot of jobs that involved physical labor. I worked as a roofer, a laborer for brick layers, and at Superior Meats, where I moved beef and swine around much like the ones Rocky pounded on during the first movie of the same name.

I can tell you that it's a bit dangerous to eat anything that requires a casing. I love Italian sausage, but it has a casing and I know what that means.

I am going to tell you an upsetting story of hot dogs. I think I was 17 when I worked there and I watched in horror as the event unfolded.

The pigs were on a moving device that is similar to the moving walkways at airports. Not sure what the technical name is. They were nose to butt. There was this huge dude who had a shock instrument in his hand and he would shock the pigs so they were easier to handle. He would give the pigs one shock if they were docile. If the pigs were boisterous, he would torture them w/multiple shocks over different parts of their body. He had this really sick look in his eyes when he did it and he scared the crap out of me.

As the pigs exited the moving walkway, they were harnessed and slung into the air where a dude w/a machete would slice them both vertically and horizontally on their underside. He would make a few more quick cuts and their guts would spill out into this round circular area that resembled a wresting mat.

This is where it gets really disgusting. Every so often, the revolving walkway would stop and three guys would come out w/huge squeegees and the floor would open up exposing a large vat underneath the false floor. They would squeegee the insides of the swine into the vat and then move the pigs on to butcher their meet.

I dared to ask what did they do w/the intestines and the other inside parts of the pig that were squeegeed into the vat and was informed that nothing is wasted and that was what they used to make hot dogs.

I don't eat hog dogs.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 01:21 AM
Well, that ruined my appetite.
Posted By: ohio1974 Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 02:03 AM
Bananna is V8 even a drink? Puke tastes better then a V8. People who drink it even no it tastes like ....
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 02:53 AM
That's how they make some hot dogs. It's not how the make all hot dogs.

And even then, hot dogs are delicious so I eat them.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 03:04 AM
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 03:12 AM
I dont have a problem with eating innards that are clean, but that sounds unsanitary.

Plus a lot of brands have standards.

Like Kosher. Thats not Kosher.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 03:16 AM
If you want to really be grossed out, read about rendering plants. They turn roadkill, dead diseased livestock, and euthanized pets into meal for pet/livestock food.

Its horrifying.

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/16/19 11:58 PM
We have, or had, a rendering plant on the south side, you could (it smelled awful), it smelled from a quarter mile away inside a vehicle,
A person once said he worked there, and made it one day, he said, ... at lunch, when the other workers started to take out their lunch and eat right where, well wherever, He said that was it.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/20/19 01:06 PM
"Q'apla!"
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 05/29/19 11:14 PM
Up until 10 years or so ago, a can of V8.

Now a banana.

But the time invested in V8 swayed my vote.

Until I retired from drinking, V8, Tobasco and vodka greeted me most mornings.

Thank God those mornings are gone.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 06/07/19 06:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

I worked during the summers of my high school and college years. I took a lot of jobs that involved physical labor. I worked as a roofer, a laborer for brick layers, and at Superior Meats, where I moved beef and swine around much like the ones Rocky pounded on during the first movie of the same name.

I can tell you that it's a bit dangerous to eat anything that requires a casing. I love Italian sausage, but it has a casing and I know what that means.

I am going to tell you an upsetting story of hot dogs. I think I was 17 when I worked there and I watched in horror as the event unfolded.

The pigs were on a moving device that is similar to the moving walkways at airports. Not sure what the technical name is. They were nose to butt. There was this huge dude who had a shock instrument in his hand and he would shock the pigs so they were easier to handle. He would give the pigs one shock if they were docile. If the pigs were boisterous, he would torture them w/multiple shocks over different parts of their body. He had this really sick look in his eyes when he did it and he scared the crap out of me.

As the pigs exited the moving walkway, they were harnessed and slung into the air where a dude w/a machete would slice them both vertically and horizontally on their underside. He would make a few more quick cuts and their guts would spill out into this round circular area that resembled a wresting mat.

This is where it gets really disgusting. Every so often, the revolving walkway would stop and three guys would come out w/huge squeegees and the floor would open up exposing a large vat underneath the false floor. They would squeegee the insides of the swine into the vat and then move the pigs on to butcher their meet.

I dared to ask what did they do w/the intestines and the other inside parts of the pig that were squeegeed into the vat and was informed that nothing is wasted and that was what they used to make hot dogs.

I don't eat hog dogs.

Before I was born(1957) there was a sausage, etc shop on/near East 152nd and St. Clair. My Italian grandfather said bar none it was the best fresh/daily made italian sausage he's ever had since moving from Pittsburgh in the early 30's.

In the mid 50's it was ordered shut down because rats, etc would ever-so-often fall into the large grinder.

Oh man oh man oh man was grandpa PO'D!

Grandpa; "That's probably what made it so good"!

True story. thumbsup
Posted By: Haus Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 06/15/19 06:46 PM
I'd go with the banana and fresh vegetables instead, so banana wins by default.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Bananna vs. a Can of V8 - 07/11/19 02:27 AM
Bananna
© DawgTalkers.net