DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/04/19 12:01 PM
How many games will the Browns win in 219-2020?
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/04/19 12:55 PM
As long as we have no devastating injuries to key players (Mayfield, in particular) I think we should win 11, take the AFCN crown and get to at least the 2nd round of playoffs. With KC losing both Hunt and Hill...that drops their stock and leaves big questions on Mahomes. What will he look like without those two key weapons?

SD, JAX, Indy, Houston, NE, Pitt, Balt are the other teams in the AFC that could all be tricky. Balt and Pittsburgh don't worry me. I think the AFCS is going to be tough and the team I feel one needs to not overlook is JAX w/Foles.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/04/19 01:09 PM
I said we were going 12-4 ever since we fired Hue....long before OBJ and the draft. At the time I thought Gregg W would be the coach, but I'm still sticking to it.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/04/19 01:52 PM
I was wondering why this is so hard for me to choose, 3 seems like a possibility, but not 0,1,2, ..4, or 5,

6 seems like a possibility but not 7, or 8.. 9 seems like a possibility and 10 also, but not 11, 12, or more.

I kept thinking the number doesn't appear up there,... maybe this means they win 13 or more.

I settled on a number, concerns in the running game, because Duke said he wanted to be traded, and Hunt is suspended for 8 games, and no new faces means putting all the eggs in Chubbs' basket...
Concerns in the touchdown total given 27, a record, from last year, and in less than 16 games, still averages out to 2 or less per game,

And a defense that's not keene to scoring td's when they get turnovers, yet gets "almost td's" , So, wondering where the other touchdowns +points are going to come from,

And given the tougher schedule, ... well, the tougher schedule, Me seeing noticeable improvements in other AFC teams, and the questions surrounding the Browns having a .. ANOTHER new Head Coach, and new Offensive and Defensive coordinators.

But on the positive side, factoring in having a "really good young qb" (understatement of the year), and gaining D-line improvements through the trades, and gaining the Star WR, to go with the other WR's...

But also seeing that that could effect the chemistry of the entirety of the QB-to-WR group

And then noticing the new kicker wasn't close to 90%, but 4 of 9 is well less, when 40-49 yards last year, and the returning kicker was, well wasn't MB, or Phil Dawson special, soo

adding it all up, and trying to settle on a number real quickly, was pretty sure the number was not on that list up there,
soo remembering they were 7-8-1 last year, 5-3 under Gregg Williams, how they did well 1-1-1 to start the first 3 weeks,

I'm going with 8-7-1.

I don't know it just feels or seems right, 8-7-1.

I wish they had a New runningback for me to get excited about.

Even though I think the Browns are better, I think the opponents will be tougher this year too.
We went 3-2-1 in the division last year. We have improved dramatically on offense with OBJ, and on defense with Vernon, Richardson, and hopefully with Greedy. 4-2 or even 5-1 don't really seem out of the question to me.

Let's go 4-2. That leaves 10 non-division games. I think we can win more than we lose, so let's mark down 6-4. That makes us 10-6. However, I have a feeling we're going 11-5, and winning the division.
Posted By: Dave Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/04/19 06:02 PM
The optimist in me says 11 wins. The realist in me says 10 wins. The Cleveland in me says 9 wins. I went with the 9-10 choice.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/04/19 07:05 PM
More than ten but not ten exactly.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/05/19 02:48 AM
I'm leaning towards 10-6
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/05/19 06:05 PM
"The Cleveland in me says 9 wins."

This.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/06/19 07:28 PM
If we are 3-3 or better after 6 games, we should win at least 11 games.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/06/19 11:24 PM
How good are the Browns Tight Ends?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/07/19 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

This.

I'm going 11.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/07/19 04:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

This.

I'm going 11.

x2

Selected 11. But, my choice would be "at least 10."
Posted By: ohio1974 Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/07/19 05:40 PM
I'm going with 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/07/19 10:57 PM
Yep.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/08/19 12:14 AM
I said 11/. Which way do we count ties. I want to be wrong long. But it would be great if we had a playoff spot and our division won before the last game.

Just dreaming out loud.
j/c:

A few people have commented on the number of victories. Okay, my fault. I just thought it would be cumbersome to list them as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

I apologize to those of you who don't like the grouping of numbers I chose.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/08/19 03:37 PM
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/08/19 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I saw this yesterday... other than he picked us to lose to the Bills, I think he was pretty close to what I would predict.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I saw this yesterday... other than he picked us to lose to the Bills, I think he was pretty close to what I would predict.

Yeah, I felt the same.
Posted By: Haus Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/10/19 08:46 PM
9-10 wins is most likely, among the options provided.

Just as a general comment, I don't think looking at the schedule and trying to pick winners is a very good method of predicting a team's record. Too much bias involved, plus being a light favorite (or underdog) is much different than giving the team the full expected win (or loss) in advance.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/13/19 02:44 AM
12 or more. Not screwing around.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 05/13/19 05:04 AM
We win all the games.
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 06/07/19 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
We win all the games.

thumbsup

First 19-0 team ever!!! nanner
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/07/19 06:45 AM
This may appear to be an open ended question, but it is not. If we remain relatively healthy, the correct answer is 12-4
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/11/19 02:24 AM
9-10
Posted By: 1956Dawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/19/19 09:05 PM

This.

I'm going 11.

Ditto
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/21/19 10:12 AM
I went with 8-8

Wins against:

Tennessee
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
Miami
Buffalo
Arizona
Baltimore
Seattle
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/27/19 01:43 PM
I would bet anything we split with Pitt this year.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/27/19 02:11 PM
Another sig bet? ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 08/13/19 10:30 AM
I would bet anything we split with Pitt this year.
We’ll see ... we need an answer for their pass rush (yes, their secondary is very suspect) ... and hopefully our DL improvements can negate their great OL
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 09/08/19 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg
We win all the games.

thumbsup

Change of heart.

18-1
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 09/27/19 11:13 PM
We win all the games.

thumbsup

Change of heart.

18-1

On second thought,......

17-2
Posted By: jaybird Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 09/28/19 02:36 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
I'm leaning towards 10-6

Hmmmm... maybe 7-9....
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 09/29/19 09:56 AM
I'm leaning towards 10-6

Hmmmm... maybe 7-9....
Lol and if we lose today ..
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 09/30/19 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I'm leaning towards 10-6

Hmmmm... maybe 7-9....
Lol and if we lose today ..

Hmmmm...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 09/30/19 09:45 PM
9-7 AFC North Champs.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/21/19 04:32 PM

This.

I'm going 11.

I'd like to revise...

I'm going 5-11.

I think we will eke one out against the Dolphins, probably on some big mistake the Dolphins make to give us the victory and preserve their winless season. I think we take one from Cincy. Then I think we will get one unexpected win.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/23/19 02:37 AM
I'm sticking with 7 or 8 wins...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/27/19 05:00 PM
I think we beat Denver, Cincy twice, Miami and Pittsburgh

That would give us 7
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/27/19 06:15 PM
Can I change my prediction form 9 to 2?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/28/19 03:03 PM

That would give us 7

Denver
Buffalo
Pittsburgh (once)
Cincy (twice)
Miami
Arizona

That's 8.

Losing to Pittsburgh (once) and Baltimore
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/28/19 03:06 PM
I'm the optimist.. Ravens are 5-2 coming up on a stretch where they play the Patriots, Texans, Rams, 49ers, Bills and finish with the Browns and Steelers..

I'm still hoping the Ravens go into week 16 against the Browns with 8 wins... Browns go in with 7.. and that game means something.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/30/19 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

That would give us 7

Denver
Buffalo
Pittsburgh (once)
Cincy (twice)
Miami
Arizona

That's 8.

Losing to Pittsburgh (once) and Baltimore

? I get 9
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/30/19 01:24 PM
Haha let’s try this again:

We are 2-5

At Denver ... WIN (3-5)
Buffalo ... WIN (4-5)
Pittsburgh ... WIN (5-5)
Miami ... WIN (6-5)
At PIttsburgh ... LOSS (6-6)
Cincinnati ... WIN (7-6)
At Arizona ... WIN (8-6)
Baltimore ... LOSS (8-7)
At Cincinnati ... WIN (9-7)

IMO, that’s the best case scenario ... we could EASILY lose at Denver, vs Buffalo, vs Pittsburgh, at Arizona
Well, unless we win out, my guess is wrong.
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Well, unless we win out, my guess is wrong.
We should be favored in every game going forward (maybe not Bills - but even so). With the talent on this team, we should win out. With the coach of this team and egos on this team, I don't think we will.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 10/31/19 04:22 PM
I think we’ll be underdogs going to Pittsburgh honestly. They’re getting better and learning how to win without Ben.
I think we’ll be underdogs going to Pittsburgh honestly. They’re getting better and learning how to win without Ben.
probably just because they are at home - but lets be honest, who has Pittsburgh beat? Chargers who are a mess, Mia no explanation needed on that win, and Cincy no explanation needed. But they barely lost to Sea and SF, although they lost to San Fran and had 5 TO. Its hard to judge them, but I just don't see them being as good as their record is right now.

If they played our schedule, I would be surprised if they had a win.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 11/02/19 08:27 PM
I never voted. Can I vote now or is that not fair?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 11/02/19 11:51 PM
I never voted. Can I vote now or is that not fair?

Does it really matter?

2-14
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/23/19 10:41 AM
LOL let’s try this again:

Tennessee ... LOSS
At NY Jets ... WIN
LA Rams ... LOSS
At Baltimore ... WIN
At San Francisco ... LOSS
Seattle ... LOSS
At New England ... LOSS
At Denver ... LOSS
Buffalo ... WIN
Pittsburgh ... WIN
Miami ... WIN
At Pittsburgh ... LOSS
Cincinnati ... WIN
At Arizona ... LOSS
Baltimore ... LOSS
At Cincinnati ... ??

7-9 best case
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/23/19 11:11 AM
All the hype, all the potential and we’re still losers. We couldn’t even put together a neutral season. Under .500 again.

So depressing.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/23/19 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
All the hype, all the potential and we’re still losers. We couldn’t even put together a neutral season. Under .500 again.

So depressing.

Sure, being 7-9 is disappointing... but had things gone a lot differently, we could have been 7-9 and I would have still been a lot more optimistic and not nearly as depressed. It's as much a function of HOW we got to 7-9 that makes it so much worse. The distractions, the lack of discipline, the infighting, the game management, the lack of focus....

***Disclaimer - without all of those things I seriously doubt we would be looking at 7-9... just sayin'
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/23/19 06:57 PM
Posted By: Haus Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/24/19 02:41 PM
7 - No matter how this season has gone, I refuse to believe that we are going to lose to the freaking Bengals.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/24/19 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Haus
7 - No matter how this season has gone, I refuse to believe that we are going to lose to the freaking Bengals.

They had motivation the last two weeks and lost both. Whatever motivation means to them, they’ve lost it. I think they’ve checked out mentally. We may have a team of players just going through the motions to get it over with. I can easily see them losing this one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/25/19 10:56 AM
Plus, as evidence of last week, Cincy still is fighting. Their draft position is solidified and this will be Dalton’s final game. IMO, they’ll play hard
Posted By: Haus Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/28/19 01:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: Haus

They had motivation the last two weeks and lost both. Whatever motivation means to them, they’ve lost it. I think they’ve checked out mentally. We may have a team of players just going through the motions to get it over with. I can easily see them losing this one.

All good points and I actually agree with where you're coming from.

That's kind of what was implied with the 'refuse to believe' angle. It's more of a plea than anything else, like I can't imagine we can possibly lose this game to the 1-14 Bengals, despite all logical reasoning that suggests that could reasonably happen, if that makes any sense.

I do think the Browns are slight favorites in this game but the key word is slight. Bengals winning would not be a surprise.
Posted By: hitt Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 12/29/19 04:26 PM
JMHO, it has got to be hard coaching millionaire prima donnas and we've got several. With nothing to play for but pride, I don't know how many will give it a good go.
Kitchen's lost the team with Colts workout in my opinion, he's a good old boy with little respect of our "superstars". Our team was doomed losing both our "all-star" defensive ends. So teams stay together, ours fell apart when the trick plays over and over again didn't get the results they got last year.

Browns win MAYBE. Ugh, another lousy football year.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 06/11/20 07:09 AM
Assuming a actual season, and not major rash if injury's, those can screw things up....9-10.

Even with injury we have depth on O. Keenum can win games if Baker gets hurt. Chubb and Hunt is a strong tandem. If one gets hurt, the other can carry the load. We have good receivers. Look fairly deep at TE and are even building some depth on the O-line.

Not as much in the way of depth on the D. We need to stay fairly clean on that side of the ball.

We did what we needed to do to finish the offensive side of the ball. The next draft or two need to be skewed towards the D.
We'll have to make a new prediction thread for this upcoming year, peen. This one is from last year.

If we made one right now, I wonder if "0" would be the most popular choice given the uncertainty of the games even being played?
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 06/30/20 12:37 AM
I think 1 or 2 wins...before the balance of the season is cancelled.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/02/20 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
I think 1 or 2 wins...before the balance of the season is cancelled.

I know the start of the season is right around the corner, but I'm hoping more therapeutics will be found to reduce the mortality even further. Using Dexamethasone has a 33% improvement, so we need a few more to bump that number up even more. I have faith we'll find 2-3 more by the time the season starts.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Predict Number of Brown's Victories - 07/06/20 12:39 AM
Zero.
They won't play a game.
© DawgTalkers.net