DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 11/22/17 01:52 PM
Thanksgiving slate:

Minnesota at Detroit (A+ game)
LA Chargers at Dallas (B game)
NY Giants at Washington (F game)

I know there was narrative a few years ago about switching up the Thanksgiving days ... to get away from the Detroit/Dallas tradition. Any thoughts? Or do you like it as is?
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 02:10 PM
I'd like to see a rotation to other cities. I miss seeing weather games on Thanksgiving, and the two early games are always indoors now. As a kid, I remember some great games in the rain, snow, and mud when the Lions played outdoors.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 06:05 PM
I like the tradition of Detroit and Dallas hosting. I can do without the late game. Hopefully the Thursday night games will be history soon.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 06:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I'd like to see a rotation to other cities. I miss seeing weather games on Thanksgiving, and the two early games are always indoors now. As a kid, I remember some great games in the rain, snow, and mud when the Lions played outdoors.

Have Detroit & Dallas play away games in Green Bay, Cleveland, New York, Buffalo, Philly, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Denver.

I'm a fan of the tradition of them playing, but I see no reason for them to be Home games.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 06:21 PM
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 06:23 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Have Detroit & Dallas play away games in Green Bay, Cleveland, New York, Buffalo, Philly, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Denver.

I'm a fan of the tradition of them playing, but I see no reason for them to be Home games.

So much this.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 06:26 PM
IIRC the last time we were on Thanksgiving was back in the 80s (before I can remember)
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 07:10 PM
Yuck the Browns on T-Giving?
We are all used to it but,you can't force people to watch that crap.All that turkey and holiday cheer would be spewed onto the living room floor.What a waste.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: BCbrownie
Yuck the Browns on T-Giving?
We are all used to it but,you can't force people to watch that crap.All that turkey and holiday cheer would be spewed onto the living room floor.What a waste.

Could help people not to over-indulge.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 10:42 PM
IIRC , I remember watching a Kosar Led Browns lose to the Lions on Thanksgiving, in a year we were a better team than them.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 11/22/17 10:50 PM
There's got to be a better matchup than anybody vs Dallas, or anybody vs Detroit.

For that reason I've never liked the football on thanksgiving day.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 01:45 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
IIRC , I remember watching a Kosar Led Browns lose to the Lions on Thanksgiving, in a year we were a better team than them.

I attended that game.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 02:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I attended that game.

It was a showdown game between Metcalf and Sanders. Metcalf had gotten off to a great start to his rookie year. Sanders was Sanders. After the game it was clear who the HOF talent was and who the very good player was.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 03:30 AM
I was there also. Billy Sims was in attendance because Barry Sanders was going to break his rookie rushing record.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 02:26 PM
When the Thanksgiving game was proposed nobody wished to participate in it. Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys stepped up to the plate. Now it is a tradition and other teams wish to cash in too??? Sorry keep it as is. They added the late game for the other teams.

jmho
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 04:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Thanksgiving slate:

Minnesota at Detroit (A+ game)
LA Chargers at Dallas (B game)
NY Giants at Washington (F game)

I know there was narrative a few years ago about switching up the Thanksgiving days ... to get away from the Detroit/Dallas tradition. Any thoughts? Or do you like it as is?

Minnesota is the only team in that group of 6 that I have any interest in watching.

And that's because I don't remember anything about them.

Why not have big teams with big matchups, and I mean good playing teams, not big markets.

Carolina, Seattle, Arizona, Atlanta, New Orleans, Green Bay, Denver, or Pittsburgh, (even Miami), would all draw bigger T.V. audiences if they were matchups against each other;
not vs Dallas or Detroit.

I think Dallas and Detroit should be given a few years off.
And I think we see too much of the east coast teams already. I mean Philadelphia, Washington, New England, and the Giants? They are Nationally every week, they need to take a few years off too.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 05:15 PM
Expect to be impressed with Minnesota's offense ... Diggs, Thielen are impressive
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 06:04 PM
Detroit's offense better come alive...
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 06:58 PM
It figures, I dropped Kyle Rudolph a couple weeks ago for Jason Witten in FF, and he has 22 points today in the first half. All the sudden, Case Keenum realized he's allowed to throw to Rudolph. Its annoying.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 07:05 PM

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/933774555193192448
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 11/23/17 10:58 PM
Chargers kicker is boo boo garbage.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 12:01 AM
The Chargers’ win moves their draft pick behind the Texans’ picks.
Go Browns.

Tonight the 2 win Giants play the 4 win Skins. If the Giants can win this one it gets them closer to the Texans’ four win total. I feel like the Skins are going to pull off at least one more victory this season...they play us. So tonight, go Giants.

Ahhhhh the life of a Browns fan. Always trying to win next year’s draft.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 02:38 AM
giants/skins is about the worst game possible
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:06 AM
Dallas is nothing without Zeke
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:19 AM
Well... I kind of figured Washington would be up by a bazillion points against NY.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish

Not that Novak is great, but he hurt his back on his first kick (all be it a miss) and their punter was kicking the rest of the day.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Well... I kind of figured Washington would be up by a bazillion points against NY.

Same here, went all in on them in daily fantasy with Cousins, Doctson, Crowder and Davis. Needless to say I have the ability to curse teams with my daily picks.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Not that Novak is great, but he hurt his back on his first kick (all be it a miss) and their punter was kicking the rest of the day.

They said they're other kicker was injured too and that's why they brought Novak back. Got some Browns injury luck there it would seem.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Same here, went all in on them in daily fantasy with Cousins, Doctson, Crowder and Davis. Needless to say I have the ability to curse teams with my daily picks.

Cousins looking like a damn good pick haha.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:36 AM
Say that and I see a pick six haha. I'll just shut my mouth up
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:38 AM

tongue
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 08:40 AM
a pretty boring day of football ... there are a lot of bad football teams right now IMO
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 12:28 PM
There’s been some HORRIFICK GAMES this year ... every week theres 3 or 4 games I have no desire to watch ... i was looking forward to the Lions/Vikes and that was DUD ... final score was a lot closer than the game ...

I may be done with football ...

- not enough talent in th league to support 32 teams ... its WATERED DOWN before we get out of the gate .. look at the QB position ... there’s 5 - 10 teams with non nfl caliber QB’s starting for them ...

- injuries are incredible .... one week i watched the Skins lose their entire OL in a game ... a few Mondays ago the SeaHags lost Sherman and one of their safeties for the year on the same night ...

- the penalties ... yesterdays first game was a prime example ... 13 accepted penalties in the 1st half alone .. so if there were two declines penalties in that half ... there was a penalty every 2 minutes ..

Add to that the fact U have no clue what a penalty is anymore .... PI is SO INCONSISTENT as is defensive holding and a few others ... U can’t even hit the QB anymore ... amonth or so ago i saw a DL crawl on his stomach and wrap the QB up around his ankles for a sack ... he got flagged for hitting the QB’s at the knees or below ...

Add that all up and you’ve got a BAD RECIPE .. its nothing like the game I FELL IN LOVE WITH ...

Now u add in the kneeling ... i could live with that but when u take all the above into account ... it could just be the smidge of a nudge i needed to make we focus on HS and College football and become a once in a great while watcher until the playoffs ..
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 12:42 PM
I don't think it is a lack of talent, I think it is a lack of practice. Drop in performance has seemed to coincide with when they limited practices.

Link
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 01:06 PM
there was a stretch in the Lions game where there was literally an injury on 5-6 straight plays
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 02:27 PM
I kinda like sucky games on Thanksgiving. I really can't watch them w/so many people at the house. Save the good games for the weekend.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:07 PM
What's a Hughlett? Is it a good Hughlett?
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:09 PM
Well, nothing . . .except worse.

More like Cowgirls today.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 03:26 PM
I enjoyed watching a very good QB yesterday. Phillip Rivers may not be elite, but he's in the top 10, IMO. He made some beautiful throws vs the Cowboys. Keenan Allen appears to be the real deal too.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 04:43 PM
I enjoyed watching a very good QB yesterday. Phillip Rivers may not be elite, but he's in the top 10, IMO. He made some beautiful throws vs the Cowboys. Keenan Allen appears to be the real deal too.

Rivers had a good game. He has about, one million ways to release and throw the ball depending on the situation hahaha, but all seemed/seem effective.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 04:51 PM
haha yeah Rivers is an anomaly, but always entertaining
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 05:30 PM

Wife and I laughed till tears in our eyes as we joked around with the Charger Kicker (punter #8 I think)

He's warming up on the sidelines...and he misses the NET...
rofl
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 05:51 PM
Hahaha, coach went for it on 4th down too because of it. Maybe we can send Gonzalez over there for a first round pick? rofl
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 08:37 PM
I just went and looked to see what good games were left for Sunday ...the 1st 5 games listed ...

Titans vs Colts .. that may be competitive but i don’t see how it can be enjoyable to watch ..

Bears vs Iggles ... that oughta be competitive for a quarter or so ...

Pats vs Fish minus Cutler ....another one that oughta be competitive for a quarter ...

Falcons vs Bucs .... see above ....

Panthers vs jets ... see above ...

There’s one game i’m Interested in.... Rams vs Saints ...

All the rest ... more than likely not very competitive ... there isn’t any that should be as bad as the gnats and skins were last night .. that game was HARD TO WATCH ...

The other two games yesterday .... had one good team and one bald team in them like all the rest of the games tommorow ...

Maybe us vs Cinci falls into the two bad teams category .... but it should be “competitive” ...
Posted By: nordawg Re: Other Games - 11/24/17 11:25 PM
I didn't watch any of the games yesterday the family on my wife's side are bucking for power. My father-in-law passed several years ago him and I were close. My mother-in-law is not doing well. My wife called her brother out that he wasn't there. He basically called her a lier.

Probably why she didn't tell me what was said until we got home. And this was only about perch fishing. Really he wasn't there, but my wife finally put up with enough of his BS.

I know when my parents passed my mom at 58 my dad at 79
I was the eldest and my next younger was 354 days younger than me, but before he passed we had everything in place.

This kids don't. They are leaving it into the hands of someone that wasn't there for 24 yrs.

All I know is that I'm seeing the end of a tradition and I'm not happy
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/25/17 12:09 AM
Sorry to hear you lost your ma at such a young age ... sorry to hear about your mother in law ... tough times ...

Glad to hear your wife used her noodle and waited til U got home to give you the news about your bro in law calling u a liar ... prolly saved a scene ...

Not a fisherman ... if its season and u have warm warm clothes i’d Go fishing on Sunday ... *L* ...

Maybe hunting if u do that ... if not, take your wife out fo a late lunch and enjoy your day .. I know I’m gonna enjoy mine one way or another ... thumbsup
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 08:49 PM
YO CFR

How about that OFFENSIVE GENIUS Andy Ried .... rofl ...

Is that 3 or 4 COMPLETE DUDS IN A ROW!!!

This was against a Bills D that gave up like 1000 yards and 90 points in the last two games AT HOME in BUETIFUL WEATHER ...

Your OFFENSIVE GENIUS managed a WHOPPING 10 points this week against that STELLAR D ...

Offensive genius .... rofl ...

OVERRATED!!!
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 09:52 PM
Crabtree & Talib both ejected for fighting today. (Sorry, I don't have a link at the moment.)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 09:56 PM
the saints have TOTALLY transformed over the past two years ... they're a running/defensive team
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Crabtree & Talib both ejected for fighting today. (Sorry, I don't have a link at the moment.)

I was watching it on the Red Zone channel. Another guy got ejected for pushing a ref to the ground too. Pretty good fight.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 10:12 PM
Hats off to the Bills if they hung on. Checking scores later .. . .
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 10:17 PM
Goff looks incredible.

How did McVay do this?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 10:20 PM
They hung on ..

The OFFENSIVE GENIUS managed 10 whole pints against them ... rofl

I like Doug Marrone as a HC ... i just saw one of the STUPIDEST THINGS I’VE EVER SEEN ..

He used a TO on an extra point attempt ON DEFENSE ...

That makes zero sense ... why would u ever use a TO when the other team is KICKING AN EXTRA POINT!!!!

MORONIC .. if hue ever did that there’d be a lynching of Hue by some of the posters on here ..
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 11:16 PM
Another PI garbage call in the 9er game in the end zone that determined a score.

This game is becoming garbage.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 11:52 PM
Romo started out so promising.

But his schtick has gotten old quickly.

I would put him in the "annoying" category.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/26/17 11:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Romo started out so promising.

But his schtick has gotten old quickly.

I would put him in the "annoying" category.

That’s the beauty of the Red Zone Channel. You only get snippets of the games and announcers.
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:06 AM
And Jimmy G comes in for injured san fran qb with less than minute left. Goes 2 for 2 and a toses a td.. lol.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:09 AM
And looked darn good doing it.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:27 AM
So Phil Dawson just kicked a 57 yard game winner
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:28 AM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

The man has always been money when it was needed!
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:28 AM
Phil Dawson just sank a game winner for Arizona. A 57 yarder, the longest in his career, which had another 5 yards, easy. Way to go for him. I wish he was still on the team. He's the greatest.
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:28 AM
And Phil Dawson just kicked a 57 yard fg with 6 secs left for arizona win. Phils career longest . Lmao
Posted By: Vambo Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:28 AM
Phil Dawson 57 yard FG to beat Jax!
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

The man has always been money when it was needed!

Dude was money in a Blizzard! One of my all time favorite Browns players!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:30 AM
Somehow gabbert has become serviceable
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Phil Dawson 57 yard FG to beat Jax!

thank you Phil Dawson - just amazing. smile
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:36 AM
And, just for good measure, Andy Lee was the holder.

https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/934946321815007232
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:40 AM
way to go Phil
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 12:50 AM
Good for Phil! Love that guy!
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:02 AM
Way to go Phil.... I met Phil about five years back and asked him how much longer he was thinking of playing... his response... "I'm just getting started...".

Way to go Phil
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:10 AM
Jimmy G flashed on a horrible team. Imagine???
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:12 AM
Damn, Carrie Underwood is "put" together.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:13 AM
i love carrie underwood too!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:15 AM
I don't think I love her, but damn, I love that body. laugh
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:18 AM
Did U see th end of the Jags game ... WOW ... couldn’t believe my eyes ...

There’s 40 seconds or so left ... Jags ball on their own 7 - 10 ... they ran on first down and the Cards called their 2nd TO ...

So now its 2nd and 8 or so from the Jags own lets call it the 8 ...

U run the ball ... the cards are their last TO then u run again on 3rd down and the clock runs out ...

I said earlier ... i like Marrone as a coach .. gotta re-think that now ... 2nd thing he did today that would have gotten Hue lynched on here ...

Hes throws the ball ... THROWS IT ... incomplete ... stops the clock at either 38 or 33 ...

The cards get to keep their TO ...

He runs next play ... cards use there TO ... Jags punt ... Cards win the game ...

WOW ... how STUID was that ...

Every week just when i think I can’t see something dumber than what i saw the week before ... SOMEONE PROVES ME WRONG ... *LOL* ..
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:26 AM
He's no Zane.....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:36 AM
I watched part of it, but missed the end of it.

Coaches mismanage the clock all the time. It's only our genius fans who want to fire a coach when it happens once or twice a year.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
i love carrie underwood too!

She makes Oklahoma proud!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:45 AM
Steelers vs Packers defense optional
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 03:33 AM
What is going on with this game? I turned it on expecting a Steelers blowout.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 03:34 AM
Goff looks incredible.

How did McVay do this?

Goff was the #1 pick for a reason. He is a great talent. Also, Fisher and his staff were horrible at developing QBs.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 03:37 AM
Random thought:

Carson Wentz is very good. Tom Brady is the MVP.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 03:38 AM
No mention of your OFFENSIVE GENIUS ... wink
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 03:38 AM
I see a Philly - NE Super Bowl.

The NFC is embarrassingly bad.

Wow.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 03:43 AM
The NFC is embarrassingly bad.

AFC? The Eagles, Rams, Saints, and Panthers are all really good.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:00 AM
What got into Brett Hundley?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:02 AM
Maybe I'm just not used to seeing the Eagles and Rams near the top. I'm discombobulated. smile

I will say that I don't think the Panthers are as good as their record.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:04 AM
I will say that I don't think the Panthers are as good as their record.

I agree, but I will say that Cam Newton has found a little bit of a groove and their defense is very good.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:09 AM
Packer defense is embarrassing
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:09 AM
I think Carolina has a ton of talent. I think Cam has talent. However, I think Cam is the problem in Carolina. He still can't read coverages and/or go through his progressions quickly enough.

Furthermore, I sometimes wonder if he is bipolar. I am not saying that to make fun of him or the illness. However, the guy's emotions are so extreme. Extreme celebrations followed by pouting and feeling sorry for himself.

That's tough to deal w/as a team.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:10 AM
Packer defense is embarrassing

They are going with the Gregg Williams defense. Blitz everyone, no pressure.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:11 AM
Man Big Ben pretty erratic late
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:11 AM
If Brett Hundley goes down the field and wins this game right now. . .
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:13 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
If Brett Hundley goes down the field and wins this game right now. . .

.........the Packers will say he is their franchise qb and trade Aaron Rodgers to the Browns! fingerscrossed
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:13 AM
That should have been a penalty on Watt. Helmet directly to Hundley's helmet.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:13 AM
I guess we’re going to pretend that helmet to helmet on the qb didn’t happen
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:14 AM
Why did he run out of bounds?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:16 AM
Man, that was blatant helmet to helmet .... not called, of course.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:18 AM
What a GREAT catch. Antonio Brown is a tremendous WR.
Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 04:27 AM
I am sure it will be discussed over the next few days. I don't think it was called helmet to helmet because he had tucked the ball and started to run to evade the rush. There is no helmet to helmet on a runner.

That being said... I could be wrong.

HACK
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 09:04 AM
what a catch by antonio brown ... i hate to admit it, but he's just incredible.

steelers win yet again
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

I was watching it on the Red Zone channel. Another guy got ejected for pushing a ref to the ground too. Pretty good fight.

Link:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/26/16701800/michael-crabtree-aqib-talib-fight-video-broncos-raiders
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: SteelHack
I am sure it will be discussed over the next few days. I don't think it was called helmet to helmet because he had tucked the ball and started to run to evade the rush. There is no helmet to helmet on a runner.

HACK

looked more like he tucked the ball to protect himself...he was in the pocket
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Other Games - 11/27/17 03:09 PM

HACK

There was nothing except helmet to helmet...

Don't think Watt was intentional,but he completely missed the play and instead of being penalized he was rewarded for a clear Helmet to Helmet hit

Stealers will be Stealers
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 01:01 AM
j/c...

Hue Jackson just made C'Mon Man on MNF for is pregame run over to hug Mccarron.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 01:54 AM
I really hate it when the football Gods make me root for a Ravens victory. I hate the Ravens almost as much as the Steelers but tonight I do not want the Texans to win so our draft pick is higher.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 02:17 AM
I really hate it when the football Gods make me root for a Ravens victory. I hate the Ravens almost as much as the Steelers but tonight I do not want the Texans to win so our draft pick is higher.

Odds are that we'll trade that pick for future picks in the 2020's or pass on impact players for the likes of Corey Coleman and J. Peppers.

I'm rooting for Houston. I hate the Rats!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 03:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Hue Jackson just made C'Mon Man on MNF for is pregame run over to hug Mccarron.

I honestly think it's much ado about nothing.

People are always making a bigger deal out of things than they are.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 03:24 AM
That's likely.

It just struck me because Jim Donovan commented on it today on the radio and wondered what was going through Kizer's head as he was out on the field as well. Nathan Zegura noted it as well on CBD. Obviously, may have been awkward for Kizer after the team recently tried to trade for McCarron.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 03:36 AM
LOL..........we are all so sensitive nowadays. I'm not talking about you, Milk. But man.......all these comments about "feelings." Times have changed in sports.

I remember when I was the best qb in our school. My sophomore year, they put another kid [who was much taller than me] ahead of me at qb. Wanted me to switch to RB. I was thinking [but did not dare say] that I had a stronger arm, was far more accurate, was much faster, and had the respect of players way more than the tall dude did. I didn't cry foul even though I was depressed for a few days. Instead, I said I am going to be the best damn RB they ever saw and I am going to show those SOBs. No crying. No nothing, other than trying to prove myself.

Now, back to "feelings." I wonder how Sashi felt w/Haslam making a special trip to join Hue in talking to AJ?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 03:49 AM
Now, back to "feelings." I wonder how Sashi felt w/Haslam making a special trip to join Hue in talking to AJ?

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 03:51 AM
LOL....Nice.
Posted By: Squires Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 03:52 AM
Crabtree and Talib suspended for 2 games

link
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 09:11 AM
well, Baltimore hangs on .. Texans with another loss
Posted By: BDU Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 10:45 AM
After it was pointed out to Phil Dawson that he was trending in Cleveland following his game winning kick, he took to twitter saying, "I still love CLE."

Class.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: BDU
After it was pointed out to Phil Dawson that he was trending in Cleveland following his game winning kick, he took to twitter saying, "I still love CLE."

Class.
thumbsup
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 02:14 PM
Now that was a dumb ass move by Banner...the 30+
rule does not apply to Kickers...he should have known that...
rolleyesdevil
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 03:52 PM
I think he is talented, but Cam needs to get over himself some and get out of his own way.

Has a defense can carry him a bit in bad situations, but the biggest issue is putting up points regularly to win. He is special to watch when he gets to a rhythm groove. I could be spared some of his sidecar nonsense, though.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/28/17 05:08 PM
the thing about Cam is he's SO inconsistent. Because I have him on my fantasy team, I try to watch as much as possible. There are some games (like this past week) where he literally can't hit a WR ... it's PAINFUL.
Then other times he's unstoppable.

Such a rhythm player.
Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 07:57 AM
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

HACK

Don't think Watt was intentional,but he completely missed the play and instead of being penalized he was rewarded for a clear Helmet to Helmet hit

Looks like I might be right on this one. From the San Diego Union Tribune

LINK
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 12:30 PM
When does a player become a runner? I'm asking for Peppers.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 12:44 PM
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

HACK

Looks like I might be right on this one. From the San Diego Union Tribune

LINK

So you can hit Big Ben on the head when ever you want,providing he's not in a throwing motion, the moment he tucks the ball he becomes a runner...

You can use that in any play, so targeting the head is now OK....

Not only Watt wasn't tackling him, but the QB wasn't even running...

Stupid explanation to justify the unjustifiable...
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 12:48 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

When he's not a a Stealer....

Apparently if you are not a Stealer you don't even have to run to be a runner, just tuck the ball and that's it..

I guess they are right, since its impossible for a Stealer to suffer brain damages they think it applies to all teams.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 01:14 PM
Periera forgot to add that it was the Steelers and they always get the benefit of the doubt...such a cheating team in their history is just amazing. I still can't forget the two hits on Cribbs neither got a flag but both got fined by the NFL office...just disgusting what they get away with.

Posted By: SteelHack Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 01:18 PM
He gets flushed forward in the pocket, he pulls the ball down and runs 3 or 4 steps forward. When the helmet to helmet occurs his arms are down....You can't throw the ball from that position. Once he started moving to scramble he goes from a defenseless QB in the act of throwing to a runner.

That is the rule. Has nothing to do with anything else.

I get the "rivalry" thoughts. But that is a rule. If they would have thrown the flag....I would not have been surprised. But I also think it would have just thrown controversy in the other direction.

But given that we really don't know what a catch is week to week it would not have surprised me

Watt Sack
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 01:25 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

Different situation ... the refs in our game deemed he led with his helmet ...

It says in the article if u lead with your helmet its still a penalty REGARDLESS if your a runner or not ... u cant EVER lead with your helmet ....

In the stilers play ... the refs deemed he didn’t lead with his helmet... hence the difference ....

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 02:28 PM
The refs said that Peppers hit a "defenseless receiver."

Bro, I know you watched the gif, but I watched the play several times on an awesome TV and he led w/his damn shoulder.

You know I am not Peppers' biggest fan, but that was a good hit. Also, the receiver had taken three steps.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 06:16 PM
He gets flushed forward in the pocket, he pulls the ball down and runs 3 or 4 steps forward. When the helmet to helmet occurs his arms are down....You can't throw the ball from that position. Once he started moving to scramble he goes from a defenseless QB in the act of throwing to a runner.

That is the rule. Has nothing to do with anything else.

I get the "rivalry" thoughts. But that is a rule. If they would have thrown the flag....I would not have been surprised. But I also think it would have just thrown controversy in the other direction.

But given that we really don't know what a catch is week to week it would not have surprised me

Watt Sack

Rules exist for something, and in this case is to protect players.

Helmets should be for protection, not for "attacking" or tackling other players.

Watt used nothing but his helmet on that so called tackle, he could have injured himself severely and the QB.

I can concede that there was no intention (while in the case of Peppers I can see the intention there), but you cannot let this type of plays get a pass, that's why the rule is there...

I honestly don't believe that you are ok with spearheading Ben when he tucks the ball to protect himself on a sack.... That would be a very stupid rule...
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 11/29/17 06:52 PM
I do agree with you that this "defenseless player" designation is about as well-understood as what is a catch.

But more than that, I find it ridiculous that it's ever ok to hit a guy in the helmet with your helmet. The Watt hit on Hundley looks like he just missed his target and ended up glancing the helmet, so maybe that helped with giving him the benefit of the doubt. I remember back to the Harrison hit on Cribbs. Harrison speared Cribbs in the head, and the morons calling the game said that that's a legal hit. You'll never convince me that it's a good rule when you can lower the crown of your helmet and launch yourself into the side of a guys head, at any point of the play, and it's legal.

Browns fans are bent outta shape because our safety hit a guy with his shoulder after the receiver had taken a couple steps with the ball and their helmets barely grazed each other. Somehow the clown reffing the game pulled a "defenseless receiver" penalty out of his butt.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 11/30/17 12:44 PM

This is what keeps getting missed. Everyone is talking about it "really was" helmet to helmet, but that was not even the call.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games - 11/30/17 01:45 PM

Bro, I know you watched the gif, but I watched the play several times on an awesome TV and he led w/his damn shoulder.

You know I am not Peppers' biggest fan, but that was a good hit. Also, the receiver had taken three steps.

Sometimes i wonder if u even read what i say ... for u .. i’ll say it again ...

In my first post before I saw the gif ... i said it was a bad call ... based off the ONE ANGLE WE ALL SAW even on our crappy TV’s ... wink ...

Then i saw the gif from a DIFFERENT ANGLE ... thats when i started to defend them ...

I tried to explain to ya’all THREE IMPORTANT THINGS ...

1. Its all about ANGLES ... the angle we saw during the game was from an ANGLE where u could see his shoulder hit first ...

NO REF had that ANGLE bro .. NONE of them .. think about where the officials are located ...

The line judge is on the LOS and floats down field as the play develops ... hes still on the SIDLEINE ... witch means on that play all he saw was asses and elbows .. he was STRAIGHLINED ... all he saw was the back of the WR ... because of his ANGLE ...

The side judge who is deep down the sideline and the back judge who is deep in the middle of the field ... from there ANGLE they couldn’t see HIS SHOULDER hit a 1/2 second first ... they simply couldn’t see it because of their ANGLE ...

THINK about their ANGLE ... they saw what looked like helmet to helmet .... then they saw the head snap ... SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY ...

2. Sometimes things get mis communicated on the field ... it HAPPENS ...

I dont know if thats what happened here ... when Hue said how it was explained to him that it was helmet to helmet ... my first questions was ... DID THEY TELL HIM THAT ON THE FIELD RIGHT AFTER THE PLAY and before they got to look at the tape or was if after the game was over ...

If it was on the field right after the play .. it was a MIS COMMUNICATION ... Refs are human also and they make mistakes ... if it was after they saw the tape ... it was an ASS COVERING ..

We don’t know that ....

3. And this is all the REFS CARE ABOUT .... they don’t care about what the coaches think .. what the owners, players or fans think ... they cafe what their SUPERVISOR thinks ... he’s all that matters to them ...

And i 100% GAURANTEE u and everyone else ... when the two officials that either made the call or could have made the call ... they got a GREAT GRADE on that call ... SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY ... they look at ALL ANGLES they have .. they get the tv video from all the tv cameras that are there ... the 1st one they look at is the camera with the best shot of the ANGLE the officials had on the field ... the back judge had about the same angle as the gif ... they may have had a better angle on the side judge ... not sure on that ... only local camera crew was there .. not near as many cameras as when its a nationally telivesed game ...

They look at that film ... the HEAD SNAPPED ... they got a good grade on that one ....
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 11/30/17 06:22 PM
For what it's worth, I'm starting to float back into "bad call" territory.

sk8ter, in a different thread, put it really well. We don't even know what a catch is these days... so how can we agree on hits like this?
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games - 12/01/17 02:53 AM
BS call period.
© DawgTalkers.net